Nathan R.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

ActivTrak - Excellent software to aid in compliance and InsiderThreat

Reviewed on 2020-07-30

So far, we've been thoroughly pleased with the software.

Pros

ActivTrak gave us further insight as to what our staff really does throughout the day, applications they run, and aid with compliance.

Cons

Categorizing sites and applications takes a bit, but I don't see another way around it.

Jonathan R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Productivity and Time Tracker

Reviewed on 2020-07-30

I am very satisfied with this product and recommend it to colleagues any time the topic comes up.

Pros

This product provides great feedback on the productivity of my employees. I am easily able to see work start and end times, idle times, and productivity times based on applications and programs in use.

The ability to see this information in a quick easy to access graph and user interface has really allowed me to manage my employee's time efficiently and keep our office productive even while working remote.

Cons

I would like the software to have suggested lists for websites to block or trigger an alarm known to contain malware or commonly blocked by other businesses.

Josh P.
  • Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

A well designed employee monitoring software

Reviewed on 2018-03-08

I have been able to improve the work production totals by nearly 50% this quarter, very impressed with the overall use

Pros

ease of use. The menu was well designed and each category was easy enough to compare via the graphs. over all very clean

Cons

.slow to access different screenshots It was very slow when changing from screenshots to simple data

Robert S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Nice Product

Reviewed on 2020-08-07

I really hate the annual auto-renewal. Nobody likes to be surprised by an invoice before they are able to evaluate their licensing situation.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Screenshots are great. Reporting is great. New Team Pulse and Dashboard are awesome.

Cons

I sure wish the agents kept themselves updated. Data connect should not be an add-on, it should be included. Changing license counts up (or down) through the year should be easier.

Jaron D.

• Customer Support Software

Keeps my home schoolers on track

Reviewed on 2018-01-15

I use it personally, not for business, since my kids are home schooled. I love being able to monitor what my kids are doing in real-time so that I can keep them on track and help them improve their grades as well as their work ethic. They enjoy being able to play after they finish school, rather than doing school work until bedtime like they used to because they goofed off every chance they got.

Pros

I love the fact that it records every application used and every website browsed to, separated by user. I can keep track if what my kids are doing on their computers at all times. My children are home schooled and my wife stays home, but they would always good off when she turned around. Now I have time stamped screen shots with detailed records to make sure they get their work done first. And since it's free for 3 users and under, I don't pay a dime for it.

Cons

There isn't anything to dislike about this software, at least from my standpoint and for my use. The only thing I could imagine would improve it is remote control of the PC.

Robert O.

ActivTrak - An Extremely Valuable Tool

Reviewed on 2020-04-01

Due to the Covid-19 we had to reduce the number of accounts that we had originally signed up for. The ActivTrak team took the time to personally reach out to me in order to resolve the issue. They went above and beyond and honestly exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend using this product as an activity and employee monitoring tool.

Pros

ActivTrak is extremely easy to install and simple to use. Most of my initial issues were easily resolved by adjusting the settings. For the first few weeks we had our employees manually log their hours and activity so that we could compare it to the data in ActivTrak. We wanted to see if there were any discrepancies that we needed to address as we transitioned our employees to work remotely. Once properly configured we have found that it is an extremely useful and very accurate product.

Cons

The cons that we initially experienced where due to user error and not the product itself.

• Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Making timesheets easier and keeping staff productive

Reviewed on 2018-11-16

Has allowed for more accurate timesheets within the company that allows for invoicing to be a true reflection of work conducted and proof for clientele. Able to assess the productivity of staff which has resulted in increased productivity and the prosecution of a staff member stealing company data.

Pros

The recording of information on a active desktop into a spreadsheet allows for accurate timesheets (billing to clientele) and updates on staff productivity. Screenshots also provide an effective method for assessing exact work conducted. As it is all online, the access to the dashboard can be done anywhere, even on holiday!

Cons

Inability to record activity when device is offline (not connected to the internet) and then upload said activity when online again.

Great overall experience

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

Pros

The use of the software extremely easy. I also like the accuracy of the software. I allows me to show end users exactly what they are looking at. It also allows me to adjust web filtering based on employee web usage.

Cons

Interface is quite cluttered. Some of the snapshots are bunched together and cause for confusion

Juan V.

• Customer Support Software

Quick deployment, easy to use, in depth user management!

Reviewed on 2018-01-15

Improved productivity of users abusing free time at work which really allowed us to crackdown on security as well.

Pros

The screenshot capability makes it a breeze to see what a user is really doing. Productivity tracking is helpful when just doing a quick check of worker performance! Web site filtering and exceptions are great. Software use is spot on!

Cons

Catches windows OS files as unproductive at times. These background services should be added to excluded items by default.

• Customer Support Software

Useful app for every company who wants to keep productivity on track.

Reviewed on 2018-01-15

Improve my team productivity by implementing secure ways for them to navigate and work based on their activity.

Pros

You can try it first and decide if it is the proper solution, and it allows you to configure it and setup permissions. It is very useful.

Cons

Once you uninstall it, and install it on other machines it will not bring the screenshots. The settings menu could be more user friendly and the stats page should allow more detailed reports.

Patrick K.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

So much for nothing/looking to add more soon

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pros

I love the usability and real world application. As a small business, we were looking for something that was feature rich, however we didn't want to spend a lot at this time. We were able to work with the software and meet all requirements we had. Looking forward to the paid service when we are ready to add more users. The features of the screenshots with the program has been great as sometimes we are not sure what the application is and have used it to share program ideas between staff.

Cons

I wish that some of the paid features could be used in the free service. I know its a for profit company, but it would be even better to demo for a small company and allow us extended testing as we grow.

Ryan N.

• Customer Support Software

So far it is an amazing product!

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

I am able to see how my staff is working and if it is what I want them working on.

Pros

I think the ability to control what each site and program should be classified as (productive or unproductive).

Cons

I don't think that I can't break up some websites like Facebook. Typically it is unproductive time but since our Facebook business page is under Facebook.com it would actually be productive.

Cathy M.

• Customer Support Software

An excellent method for tracking my time and my employees.

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

For myself, I became more aware of how I spend my time online.

Pros

I like that it tracks everything done while online. Also, having the ability to specify which activities are work-related and those that are not.

Cons

At first, I struggled with figuring it out, what each log really meant. Then, I spent too much time figuring out how to refocus none work-related tasks.

Aaron J.

• Customer Support Software

An interesting tool, great for startups measuring productivity

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

I was able to encourage weaker team members to perform better and see where they needed the most support.

Pros

I love that the tool is very effective and has never let us down. The interface is easy to navigate and I like the support.

Cons

The aktiv track emails are very persistent, I would rather a browser notification or less emails. Over all its not that bad. worth a try

• Customer Support Software

It is good product to track employee productivity

Reviewed on 2018-05-05

It being easy for me to view employee performance and productivity.

Pros

I have been using this time from last 1 year.It is very good to track employee productivity.Its gives employee performance track what he is doing in business hours.

Cons

It should be linked with google drive,Drop box so that old screenshots can be backed up these drives.

James E.

• Customer Support Software

I am a career educator and father of four.

Reviewed on 2018-01-18

Monitoring my wife's usage.

Pros

I like the ease of use in the interface, ability to see screen shots, ability to set alarms, ability to see history

Cons

Sometimes since I am using the free version I get too many computers/users accidentally being monitored and it locks up, then I have to reset.

Joshua K.

• Customer Support Software

Easy, does exactly as advertised.

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

Pros

Web Interface is great, allows us to sort through and view different machines, users, time frames, websites, etc.

Cons

Have to go manually install on machine. Not a huge deal breaker, but does require to find a time to install on the machines you want to track.

Leslie C.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2018-12-07

Pros

We love having the ability to make sure our team members are on task. With this software, there is no guesswork.

Cons

We wish we were able to have more flexibility with the productivity function per user, aside from that, it's pretty good

John W.

Works well

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

Pros

Easy monitoring overall, easy to tell who is doing what in a short time and allows a quick snapshot of overall performance

Cons

Difficult to determine specifics on occasion, hard to narrow down each individual user and their specific usage

Ian A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

I have had a great experience with this software.

Reviewed on 2018-01-24

Monitored the productivity of employees in a very easy manner and without making them feel monitored

Pros

It's been very easy to use and setup on our system, the quality is great, there is a lot of features more than our team needs at the start but we started using the extra feature after a while and found it very useful, the support team is great.

Cons

I haven't had any problems with the software until now, one thing i like the least in my setup that it counts administrator user in the computer as a user even tho it was just used to install the software, would be great having an option to exclude users.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Verified my fears of employee wasting time

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

Pros

Downloading and installing was very easy. Once it was in place I was able to quickly see my employee going to Facebook and eBay quite often and for long periods of time. I generated reports and screenshots to document this. I was able to log in from any computer to access this information and see what was going on in real time.

Cons

The graphs are good but the info titles are available only when my cursor is on top of them. I screenshot, clipped and pasted to get the report I needed. Maybe this is possible within the program but I did not find it.

Joseph H.

• Customer Support Software

ActivTrak was super easy to set up and get running and it does everything our company needs it...

Reviewed on 2018-02-06

Pros

I don't normally say this, but one of my favorite things about the software is the UI of the web portal. The most important thing was probably the free tier of usage. This gave us a great chance to really take the software out for a test drive before diving into the deep end. We are now evaluating the software and it is great. If we move to include more monitoring software in the future, ActivTrak has already taken the number one spot and earned our trust. Free tier is easily 5 stars in most areas, but I gave it 4 in features only because the paid tier gives it room to grow.

Cons

I really don't have many cons to mention. I had a small issue with the realtime screenshot feature, but it is new and it worked the next time I tried it. I have not added many rules or alarms yet, but it might be nice to add a feature that urges you to define frequently accessed websites etc.

Rita B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great Productivity Product

Reviewed on 2020-09-14

Increased productivity.

Pros

Easy to use and assists with productivity in the work from home environment.

Cons

That it can be used as a private tool for gotchas when in the wrong hands.

Ravikumar K.

Yeah it's very useful

Reviewed on 2018-01-16

I'll monitor every user usage

Pros

Yeah, everything is most useful but except software, removal is very difficult.
1)users Usage its shows Graphical representation its very good feature.
2) it shows the current windows which user is accessing their system.

Cons

Customer support is very slow to respond it will take more the 2days...
1) When login to the Users administrator profile it will take it as the new user.
2) When we delete the user from Active consol, automatically it is readded same profile when log out and login time.

Cary S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

ActivTrak Review

Reviewed on 2020-07-30

Easy to use and administer

Pros

Very easy to set up and navigate through the system

Cons

There are some screens that are a bit clunky