4.6
David C.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

One year of Hygger

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

I used other software tools before Hygger, like Trello or Workep but it was hygger who finally managed to meet my expectations. The multiple features and boards have allowed us to manage our projects in an organized way.
Over time we have begun to use more and more features, such as time logging, story points, sprint boards, performance graphs, etc.

Pros

They are adding new features all the time and their response to the feedback given is very fast.

Cons

Some minor things of usability that you will notice only if you use it every day

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review from Hygger team :)

Benjamin F.
Industry: Mining & Metals
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A better than expected tool

Reviewed on 11/25/2019

I wanted to try Hygger to share the priorities of a new project with customer only, but when the priority was made we discover this tool has also a time tracking, a gantt chart, and a lot of priority tools and different boards, more than expected.

It supposed to be a temporary tool for my client only, and now it is also a tool for the developers team and managers.

Pros

It is easy to work with and share with others, it helps on every develop part, since the design with clients until report for bosses.

Cons

I don't know yet, maybe the lack for deleting entities, many things can not be deleted but archived.

Peter G.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Potential is there for as a Jira and Trello replacement

Reviewed on 11/28/2017

Product insight and forecasting for CRO.

Pros

We are using Atlaz for our product roadmap and CRO prioritizing. The task scoring helps me understand where our effort is best spent for maximum ROI . It is very easy to setup and customise boards and build team workflows to support the steps creating greater accountability in our team.

Cons

It is frustrating that you cant link a task from backlog into a roadmap for forecast planning. At present, you have to move or push it which creates a new task. This may be because of how I am using it for CRO, but this feature would be beneficial in a lot of cases. It might also be good to allow more customisation in a task by adding custom text areas, currently there is only description and comments. I would love one for hypothesis, acceptance criteria, solution, considerations etc. This would change in different use cases, so similar to checklist, have an option for text area.

Gabriel M.
Industry: Medical Practice

Perfect for my Medical School Class Officers

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

We are now able to collaborate even without meeting in person or over zoom. This is an amazing platform 😎

Pros

I love that even though we rarely see each other in person, we can all collaborate and work on projects jointly with this platform. It makes assigning tasks, keeping track of what’s been done, and future planning much easier for us.

Cons

I had to make sure to tell my coworkers to use the email I added to make an account before clicking my link but that’s just to say that there will be problems if they sign into a different account. Just have them sign out and sign in with the email you invited them on. Easy fix :)

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for your warm words about the software. We are glad that Hygger helps you to collaborate with your remote team
We will try to make it clear about the emails. Meanwhile, even if they use the wrong one, there is an option to change the email in My Profile Settings. Also, please do not use the invitation link if you have already sent them the invitation to email to prevent duplicating the accounts.

Sven B.
Industry: Internet

Great for remote SCRUM teams

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 8/8/2019

We've tried out quite a few productivity tools for our small 100% app development remote team. Hygger came out on top! Even compared to some of the bigger names in the industry (like Jira or Trello) as well as newcomers (like ClickUp) Hygger provides a seamless and snappy planning and in-sprint experience. Stuff simply works as you would expect - no fuss - which isn't always the case with competitors.

It could use a bit more bling bling (dark mode anyone?) and a native Mac app, but apart from that it is a project managers dream. I especially love the swimlanes on the sprint board and the burndown chart.

Pros

- implements many productivity best-practises and SCRUM features
- snappy
- swimlanes!!!

Cons

- no dark mode
- no native Mac client
- design could be a bit more modern

María noel H.
Industry: Education Management

Great tool for teams

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Pros

It's a great tool for all members of my team, as for me Hygger is vital to keep track with tasks, and de development of every work package.

Cons

It's easy to learn easy to use, allways on track

Industry: Media Production

Agile project management.

Reviewed on 12/31/2019

Hygger is one of my favourite agile project management. It is easy to understand and use. The UI is modern. They offer unlimited user for even free plans which is great for NGO's.

Pros

Every business needs project management and hyger is one of my best choices. It has everything, even a free plan offers everything without any limitation.
I mostly used to manage my agile development, which is a huge problem for me as I have to single-handedly manage the workes.
the backlog entry also available and a very useful feature. As I don't have all the time to update project regularly, backlog saves my day.
The todo and lists are really handy and with collaboration tool, I can divide all workes through my workers.
The desktop is simple and clean, reporting is very aggressive and have extensive options.
Registering to the site is very easy, and needed to activation via email.

Cons

I did not explore the whole options yet, it has so many options to explore. But after using project management software I did not get any cons for hygger.

Russell A.
Industry: Design

Small-Medium Design Agencies NEED this tool.

Reviewed on 2/5/2020

As we grew from 2 staff members to 6-7 we needed to be able to track the hour's people were working, and what they were working on. We also needed to see key milestones of a project and make sure everything was always on target for completion in the allotted time frame. This does it all and we couldn't live without it now.

Pros

It's so easy to use and we are able to track every detail of a project. We couldn't live without it.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Hygger. It's amazing.

Dervanil J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best way to communicate with stakeholders

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

Pros

Easy to begin, fast to learn how to do complex things, I'm using it to build a backlog and a Product Roadmap to communicate with stakeholders and clients, ensuring transparency e speed in sharing informating. Using the priorization features I can decide with easy what to build first.

Cons

To me for now there's none, everytinhg that I need is there, maybe some mobile features.

Response from Hygger

Thanks for the awesome review! Don't forget to share with us about some mobile features. We will be glad to hear more!

Artiom B.

Trello is too simple. Jira is too difficult. Hygger - that's what you need.

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

Pros

I've been using Hygger since 2015, I've always used Trello before. Cool that there is a migration from Trello to Hygger, two clicks and everything instantly and painlessly moved. We also looked at Jira, but for us it's too huge, there's no time to set up, we wanted to register and use it right away.

I manage the development team, Trello always lacked small features, and I really didn't want to use the add-ons for Trello. For example, I always wanted to know how much time was the task in "In Progres", in Trello there is no such information, in Hygger - there is! I also like the limits for the columns on the board, you can see immediately when the mess enterso the project.

In addition, Hygger has many cool features for small teams (backlog, roadmap, etc.). We slowly introduce everything, and, most importantly, for small teams like us, Hygger is also free! ))

Cons

Of the minuses so far, only one, dragging cards on the board with the mouse, is still working with a delay, but I think that the guys will cope with this soon.

Debjit B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

One of the best Kanban Board available to use.

Reviewed on 5/20/2019

To be honest, it is not a perfect solution for me, it may be for you. But I like a lot of things such as timeline and task lists. The timeline shows an overview of tasks and time spent on the projects, which is great. But the limitation is very confusing. It just says that 50 tasks, I have already completed 10. If it is per account then I think it is too low to do any kind of testing work.

Pros

I like things done timely and kanban board helps me a lot. I signup to only use kanban table for my project management. I am really impressed with the table template it just instantly solves all my problems.
In kanban table "do it later" table saved me a lot of unnecessary time which is effectively spent.
Time management and per task time is to consider work well.
Hygger does allow unlimited user which is really nice for a freelancer for me. 100mb storage is also really not that bad for images only.

Cons

I really don't like how the top menu is taking so much of screen and forced me to go fullscreen. They must eliminate this menu bar and give some more area to work with.
I found I can also use just 50 tasks. But I am not sure it is 50tasks/month or per account. There is some upcoming

Response from Hygger

Hi Debjit!
Thank you so much for your honest opinion. Our free plan is limited up to 50 tasks for a company account. It is enough to make a decision in most of the cases.
But you need more time and tasks, just drop us a message at [email protected], and we will find a solution.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

One of the best PM tools out there.

Reviewed on 7/16/2019

Pros

Among other very nice features, the priorization matrixes (ICE, Eisenhower etc), and the deep integration between multi-lane Kanban with Gantt views is a total win for us.

Cons

Not having (yet) a proper full on iPad/iPhone APP experience.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review from Hygger team :)

Michał S.
Industry: Internet

Great tool between Trello and Jira

Reviewed on 7/19/2019

Pros

Easy to learn, hard to master.
A lot of tools that make task management easier
embedding images from clipboard
ability to run sprints for my team

Cons

Poor sub-tasks management. In my opinion sub-task should be just a part of main task and should exist only inside. with ability to set status on it (checkbox for done at least). Now managing sub tasks is not really useful.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review!

Troy E.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Excellent Kanban and Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 8/19/2019

Great tool for anyone looking at project management solutions.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use, but has many powerful tools and features. If you just want to create a simple kanban, it is very easy to set up. I use the Swimlanes frequently to organize tasks to my liking. The timeline view is excellent for planning and tracking projects with multiple phases. Lastly the prioritization methods are a great tool for identifying where your efforts need to be placed.

Cons

Nothing critical; a 'dark mode' theme would be nice.

Nicolas C.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

From entrepreneurs to entreprenurs

Reviewed on 2/24/2019

Pros

What I like the most is that the team of Hygger if pretty close with their clients, they are always asking about the experience and improving it via user-driven decissions. I also love the templates of different tools like roadmaps, kanban, canvas, etc. The time tracking is also a great tool and very useful meausing the metrics of my enterprise.

Cons

Bulk actions on tasks are not enabled yet and the prioritization tools could provide more information about how to use them because in a point it can become too confusing. Link between tasks, e.g from a Kanban to a Roadmap are not easy to configure, that could be a huge point of improvemente.

Response from Hygger

Hi Nicolas!
Thank your honest opinion! Right now we are working on video tutorials about prioritization tools and other Hygger features. Hope they will help you to deal with prioritization faster. So please keep in touch!

Syris N.
Industry: Executive Office
Company size: Self Employed

For personal use, highly effective at curtailing task overload

Reviewed on 9/13/2019

Pros

+ Tasks can be plotted by dragging and dropping onto a priority graph. Many popular techniques are included, such as the Eisenhower Matrix, Value vs. Effort, etc. After taking the time to plot my old personal tasks on it, I was able to confidently throw out about half of them as unimportant.
+ Rich features - allows for time tracking on top of prioritization, and most common techniques (like Kanban) are included. I'm definitely keeping this as my personal tracker for the foreseeable future.

Cons

- Lack of bulk actions is a fairly large negative. Sometimes I want to be able to view my current projects from multiple prioritization views, since one method doesn't capture everything (eg the Eisenhower Matrix doesn't track time to completion). The way tasks are linked right now requires individually going to each task, but since the functionality is already there, I can't imagine implementing bulk actions would be hard.
- When tasks are manually linked individually, there doesn't appear to be any option to have linked tasks auto-update. This would stand in the way of multiple priority graph view implementation.

Artem L.

Evolving task manager

Reviewed on 2/16/2019

Support is very reactive, but not always helpful. The same can be said about the product itself: it is just about cards with additional information. You can't setup rigid workflow, because Hygger is about freedom of task management. It is cool for small teams, but when you turn bigger, you need more enterprise solutions.

Pros

It's like Trello, but with task-related things: that's what we were missing.
Our leadership love roadmaps and prioritization matrixes, and others love Inbox which accumulates all notifications waiting for "Read" mark so you can't miss anything.

Cons

Some things are not customizable enough: for example, you can't use part of axis for prioritization, because matrix will not scale. Support says that this may be fixed in the future.
Mobile apps are a lie: sprint boards (which we use a lot) are unavailable for now, and there is no date when they will return to mobile. I don't understand why they don't work like usual boards, without sprint-specific information, it would be better than nothing.

Response from Hygger

Hi Artem! Thank you for your honest review. Your opinion really matters to us!

Silviu T.
Company size: Self Employed

Great experience for both company and personal task management

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Great, and I always feel that they are looking forward to get my feedback and improve the product, and the product is great and friendly.

Pros

The ease to get started with it and the interface and tools which make this product very suitable for both personal tasks management and professional task management.

Besides that, their mobile app facilitates access to the tasks and notes taking.

Cons

I am very happy with the experience, but I think it would be valuable for the product to have more task grouping features (e.g. Epics).

Kimberly T.

Roadmap Use Only

Reviewed on 10/2/2018

I use Hygger to organize and track long term IT projects from our managed services customers. The GUI has been much more beneficial versus an Excel spreadsheet and the ability to use groups as our customer name and tasks as their projects is where Hygger succeeds. We cannot use a traditional Kanban type board as listing all the "In-Progress" projects vertically is not helpful. I've found Hygger developers to be responsive to my enhancement requests (thanks for color labels on groups!) and enjoy the product.

Pros

Horizontal Roadmap, ability to label groups with colors, labels and ability to sort by labels, ease of date extension, ease of movability on the board, note styling options.

Cons

Cannot easily move tasks/groups between Roadmap boards; if I have a task within a group on Board A and move it to Board B, it is ungrouped. It would be useful to be able to add notes about a group. Additionally it would be useful to set up a task template wherein every new task I create has default notes, labels, start date, and due dates. We do not use the time tracking feature as we are a larger managed services provider utilizing ConnectWise with multiple engineers. As our team's sole project manager I am the main user of Hygger but our IT Director had to create (and pay for) an account just for billing purposes, we had to create a paid IT Team account as well. It would be nice to allow a free account to view only the Roadmap board so long as the editor account is paid.

Hector P.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

It's got everything you need, no more, no less.

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

We keep all project information up to date and in one place.
We prioritize tasks more efficiently.
We control the times better with the automatic Gantt.

Pros

Timelines board and Swimlanes. They clarify the work and improve the visualization of the process.
It is very easy to use and very intuitive.
There are no limits to the amount of data or the size of the information to be stored.

Cons

The lack of communication via e-mail (which does have trello) and "drag and drop" to upload files.

James E.
Industry: Information Services

Great lightweight project management.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2/26/2019

This tool has made it easier for me to delegate out tasks to my team, and see where they are, at a moments notice. A bonus is how lightweight it is, and that my day doesn't become filled with task management... instead of task completion.

Pros

This software is easy to get in to, unlike a large number of project management tools. It has enough features to be useful, but doesn't burden me down to enter mass volumes of information (unless I wanted to). It's team features feel well done, and it's mobile app is better than average, but not spectacular (which is the only reason I don't rate it a 10).
Overall, I could see myself getting used to this tool.

Cons

The mobile app does not allow roadmap boards to be shown on mobile. Don't understand this limitation at all.

Response from Hygger

Hi James! Thank you for the review!

Jeremy B.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Great product for entry-level product management

Reviewed on 10/20/2020

Overall, I'm pleased and will continue to use it in the near term.

Pros

What I like most is the timeline view, as it's predominantly what we use. It's Kanban board seems sufficient, though not nearly as feature-reach as Trello.

Cons

We had an issue with exporting some of the data that was not fixed for two months. That export was very important and we had to instead perform an incredibly tedious manual data pull for those two months.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review! We are sorry to make you wait so long before the export has been fixed. We'll keep improving our technical support so you won't wait that long anymore.

Heather D.
Industry: Computer Software

This is the collaboration platform we've been looking for.

Reviewed on 5/11/2018

Our entire team is actually happy with this software. We've tried Asana, Slack, Trello, Excel spreadsheets and nothing is better than this program.

Pros

The way you can manage organize and prioritize cards. And we love having different boards that allow you to customize who can participate

Cons

We would like to see apps for at least the iPhone and iPad. Many of us are on the go and would love to be able to monitor and update wherever we are.

Astghik M.
Industry: Financial Services

Great app, it is a good alternative to Jira and Asana.

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Pros

I must note that we are using Kanban workflow. I like it very much. I am the first PM who joined our company, so it was on my shoulders to decide which tool. I search a good alternative to Atlassian Jira. Here are brief why I like the Hygger:
1. Good UX.
2. All necessary things to start to manage your product.
3. Fast.

Cons

I must note that we are using Kanban workflow. Here are things I wish to have in Hygger:
1. I have all data - estimations, work log, etc, but I don't have the reporting, which is a vital part of my job.
2. As a continuation of the previous point, I would like to have both the reporting views/screens and the ability to export as a pdf/excel.
3. At least an integration with a Wiki-like tool. I use Documize, which is definitely a better alternative a Jira's Confluence. I would like to see the integration with it.
4. Exporting the tasks in excel also will be a

Carlos M.

Easy to use and a great alternative for agile development

Reviewed on 5/18/2018

Pros

I like Hygger because is really easy to use. Any kind of user can start using it immediately with a very short learning curve. You can find in Hygger the main characteristics for agile methodologies like kanban and scrum. You don't have a limit to create projects or dashboards so it fits perfect for small companies to the big ones.

Cons

A feature that Hygger doesn't have is some kind of reporter. As a project manager I required to extract some statistics about the total number of tasks asigned in a project, by status, how many tasks are asigned for team member, etc.
Also, I would like to have some kind of color theme customization. In addition to the options to configure each dashboard (swimlane, add columns, task label) and think that it would be great to have different color in each block of columns or by category (swimlane) for easy reading and team organization.