RoboForm

Write a Review!
Password manager & form filler tool

Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Mark
Mark
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

I have used RoboForm for 10 years

Reviewed on 2019-04-30

I have used Roboform everyday for ten years. I wouldn't keep using it with all the options out there if it did not perform exceptionally well and solve the proliferating password problem with ease.

Pros

(+) Synchronization between devices - I have never had a problem with this feature. I use an iPhone and a Win 10 desktop.

(+) Strict security - and they make it easier to login to your account on a smart phone with fingerprint login (and perhaps other such methods in addition).

(+) Flexible - For example, you can add standard or custom fields it the default fields don't have what you need.

(+) Bang for your buck - Many software companies lure you in with a good product at a low price (or free) and then bombard you with sales emails, popup messages, banners, reminders, promotions, etc. The only time I recall seeing a promotional message is on the website after updating the software. They probably send out occasional emails with promotions, but the fact I can't remember any suggests such messages do not annoy or distract me.

Cons

(-) Customer service options are limited although I have always received a response. (I always use the paid version—I'm not sure if that makes a difference.)

Amy
Amy
  • Industry: Computer Networking

• Customer Support Software

Easy to best with the best organizing capabilities

Reviewed on 2017-11-09

I thought I had maybe 100 places that I used passwords. Turns out it is more than 500. No one realizes just how many places they've given a password to. Capturing all of these and making them all unique has dramatically increased security on my accounts.

Pros

I like the ability to create folders and subfolders to organize my work and personal life within the password tool. The business account ability to share passwords with my staff with giving the password to them is incredibly valuable. Of course it works on all of my devices and stays in sync. It's a huge time and brain saver. No I no longer care to know what my passwords are. RoboForm manages it for me.

Cons

It's a small thing but the extension for the Edge browser needs some improvement. It works but not as seamlessly as the extension for Chrome.

Response from Siber Systems

Hi Amy,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We're so glad you've chosen to use RoboForm for all of your logins! Regarding Edge, unfortunately as it's a standalone extension (per Edge requirements) and cannot be installed via the universal Windows installer, it does have limited functionality. We are aware of the frustration that may come along with this, and we appreciate your understanding.

Thanks again!

Haryl

Wouldn't use them ever!

Reviewed on 2018-05-10

Some, but their tech help is unavailable! Had to call random extensions in the company until I found someone who could transfer me the tech manager. UGGGH!

Pros

Decent program, easy to install and use. Some of the commands are confusing, however, it does work as it should.

Cons

But if anything goes wrong, the tech help never answers the phone ( hours of waiting over several days). Had to dial random extensions at Roboformto get to talk to somebody and then asked them to connect me to the tech help manager. He tried to upgrade and reinstall but it still had problems.

BUT the most telling of all, when you delete the program from your PC, which I did, Roboform asked why are you doing this. One of the choices is "Because the program and has too many bugs and causes problems". They know they have problems.

Response from Siber Systems

Hi Haryl - We sincerely apologize for any lack of assistance you experienced. Because our phone support is limited, we highly encourage users to contact our technical team via our 24 hour online ticketing system. Regarding the issues you're experiencing, we'd certainly love to address them and get your RoboForm up and running. To do so, please submit all details via a ticket at your earliest convenience. http://bit.ly/1L9QELn. Thank you.

Feldriana
Feldriana

• Customer Support Software

A software that I highly recommend to people who use a lot of logins and passwords.

Reviewed on 2018-06-14

To incorporate this software into your daily work functions is to say goodbye to wasted time by remembering and adding users and passwords. Although it may seem simple, accessing bank, business, corporate, administrative and even project review accounts with a single click is a great convenience that saves time that can be invested in other activities.

I potentially recommend this software to everyone

Pros

I have a wide range of websites, online accounts, bank users, services and programs that I use at work where I have to have a username and password. Roboform came into my life at the right time, it stores an unusual amount of users and passwords, allowing me to save important time in the search for each password, and also allows me to have my passwords protected without having to use my memory to access my users.

In addition to this it is very easy to use, just indicate in the search tab of the web browser that you want to use roboform and READY! Your password will appear instantly. Your protected database is very useful for the functions I perform at work and also works for me personally.

Cons

At the moment I have not been able to get any cons in this software, as I have tested it in several pages, in several web browsers and applications without any problem.

It is a software that optimizes the use of passwords and users in a transcendental way. I can't find any flaws in the software.

Aarón
Aarón
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Save and create secure passwords

Reviewed on 2022-04-22

I started using the free version of Roboform and I had a very good experience, I can save all the passwords I want, and have them at hand with a simple search in the app or automatically on the web pages where I have an account since Roboform detects instantly, Roboform is used both to save and to create passwords, since when creating an account it suggests passwords that meet high security standards.

Pros

I like Roboform, because I can sort and store all my accounts in one place, I have used 2 versions of this app, the personal version and the business version, the personal version is ideal for those people who have multiple devices and need synchronize all your accounts, its interface is intuitive both in the desktop and in the mobile version, what I like most about Roboform is that the browser extension automatically detects the credentials on the web pages where you have created accounts.

Cons

What I don't like is that the price for the business version has increased, and it can be a bit expensive for small businesses with 10 to 25 users.

desiree del valle
desiree del valle

• Customer Support Software

As a manager, the security of my passwords is the premise

Reviewed on 2018-07-11

When I use Roboform, the feeling of security that I give is incredible. Sometimes having all the control of the more than 10 passwords that I must use every day was quite tedious, having to write them down on slips of paper and take them with me everywhere. Now this was in the past, Roboform is an excellent software that makes the difficult thing much easier.

Pros

Although it seems a joke, this software was provided by my nephew of 12 years, recommending that I was going to be useful in the work, and go that the children know a lot. Roboform has given me a security like I never had at work. It stores each one of my passwords, according to my requirements, that is to say, that I CHOOSE, what password to keep and what not, giving me the sensation of autonomy and security. In addition to this it has a system of information encryption that protects the passwords of possible computer aggressors that want to subtract them, all this is combined with an excellent synchronization with the search engines, and with just one click I can autocreate passwords to open my different administrative users in the job

Cons

At first it costs a bit to use it and more when you do not have prior knowledge of this software. I needed assistance through videos, web tutorials and advice from my nephew, however, understanding their functions is very easy to use.

IAN
IAN
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

RoboForm is a central pillar of my working and personal life. A blessing.

Reviewed on 2017-11-14

This is a central component of my organising and moving through my day to day life. with one master Password I can create multiply passwords without the difficulty of remembering the all including the log on address. On any new set up of a device generally Roboform would be in the first 5 application to be installed.

Pros

Roboform frees up my head space of passwords and identities, it transports effortlessly between PC and mobile devices. The ability for me to pre-fill docs is a godsend.
The added advantage of Roboform Business gives me the security to define what passwords and access level each staff member gets but also insures that I have total access.

Cons

The fact that passwords in subordinate accounts do not automatic populate to the master account can be problematic or that password changes are not automatically changed in all accounts that have been cloned. This often create confusion on who has the updated password. In all cased the master account should be the absolute.

Adem
Adem
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

Never again lose access to your accounts

Reviewed on 2020-01-19

I have used roboform for more than 5 years, today I could not live without it, today is common having multiple accounts on different pages and internet platforms this is when we need an excellent password manager like Roboform that can be easily adapted to Google Chome to save identifies in many pages in which we have saved a password

Pros

What I like is that it generates secure passwords for each account, you can fill out forms you’re your information, this saves time and is one of the reasons I have always used this password manager. It is very safe to use since to enter the program requires a master password since I use many accounts that require passwords, I am surer not to lose my information since roboform has a backup in the cloud, if I change my PC I can be sure that my information will not be lost.

Cons

Something that they should add is to be able to use roboform in other software, since it only available for browsers.

Anne J
Anne J
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Excellent for saving password

Reviewed on 2020-07-26

Nowadays it is common to have many accounts in different web pages, and it is impossible to remember each password, that is why the use of an app like Roboform is essential, in addition to saving the passwords I can generate a new one with special characters so that they are more secure.

Pros

I have been using Roboform for more than 5 years, with this app I keep all my passwords, I like it because it is easy to use, I mainly use the version for Google Chrome, I like that in addition to saving passwords, it saves information on identity profiles and credit card data, addresses, telephone numbers, among others, I like that it is easy to identify which web each password is since it saves the icon of each web page.

Cons

I don't like that I have to log in every time I open the browser, it's not a big deal, but it would be easier if I only asked for the password once.

Caleb
Caleb
  • Industry: Government Administration

RoboForm is a good solution for business

Reviewed on 2018-07-20

Have been using it for over 4 years, one year in business. It has improved in many ways since I first purchased it. In most cases it is easy, quick and reliable. There are a few integration issues that need tweaking, but we will keep using it.

Pros

RoboForm is easy to set up, accessible on any device and works well for us as a multi-user platform.

Cons

It has trouble with some browser logins, and is not as easy to use in non-browser apps as some competitors.
The explanations about who can access what in a shared environment are REALLY not clear enough. It is very difficult to show doubting employees that "Home" folders are private and secure from other employees. Still not sure about "Work" folders.

Sandra
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Switching from personal to business use

Reviewed on 2019-07-02

It's a great system even with the drawbacks. RoboForm has been great. I have had the personal for over 10 years and now I have the business version.

Pros

RoboForm is a great product. Having upgraded to the business version, so that I can keep my personal logins separate from the business logins, that employees need, is great. RoboForm Everywhere allows me to travel with all my logins on my phone. I travel a lot in my business. I don't keep it on my travel laptop so if it is stolen or lost, there is no access to my passwords on the laptop. That's an extra level of security for me.

Cons

The integration of the 2 systems (personal and business) is not easy. When I want to add a new login to the business, it's takes several navigations to get to the website to do it. It's not easy to set up and there is no live support to help you do it. The written support assumes you know the terminology and how to navigate better than you do. Email support is not helpful when you are in the middle of a set up. I'm still not sure if have done it right or using it in the best way.

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to RoboForm

I tried LastPass and it was a disaster.

Response from Siber Systems

Hi Sandra,

Thank you taking the time to provide feedback. We've passed it along to our support team, and we requested that they schedule a phone call in order to best assist.

Dawn
Dawn

• Customer Support Software

Always there for me, never in the way.

Reviewed on 2021-08-05

I have 25+ years worth of casual, business, research and medical log ins. Some type of safe manager is essential to my online productivity. I couldn't survive without one. Over the years I have tried many and roboform won me over with their long dedication to the market (over a decade that I am aware of), and ease of use.

Pros

Dependable. Have used on and off for over 10 years. Used another for a few years until free tier was removed. Came back to roboform and have been happy ever sense.

Syncs across multiple devices with same interface and user experience.

Fast. There when I need it. No wait time. Minimal clicks.

Easy to learn and use. No digging around in help files.

Cons

Software offers a bookmark storage. I wish this feature had more functions. It would be nice to use it in place of native bookmarking but as it is, the bookmark features are very minimal.

• Customer Support Software

We love this product and have now used it for several years. Great secure password tracking.

Reviewed on 2018-04-04

All my log ins and passwords are now securely stored in the encrypted cloud, all in one place, with easy (secure) access by me from just about anywhere.

Pros

Reasonably priced, secure, cloud based means of securely storing and accessing the bazillion login/passwords we all have. I can get easy access to all my logins from any machine that I run using the RoboForm anywhere service. I can't imagine not using this type of product.

Cons

My greatest fear is that one day I will see headlines saying that SiberSystems servers were hacked. Maybe this is unfounded, but that's really the only think I don't like about storing the crown jewels on a vendors servers. Not a criticism of RoboForm per se, just a concern about the concept. However I believe the encryption and security they uses is adequate to justify use of the product.

Response from Siber Systems

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We certainly understand your security concerns, but rest assured, security is our top priority. We go to great lengths to protect our user's data and we're happy to address any specific security questions you may have. Additionally, you can find a brief overview of RoboForm security here: https://www.roboform.com/security.

Ric
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

RoboForm Comments

Reviewed on 2018-07-20

Actually, I am a personal level user, even though I have the business level account. I have several hundred passwords that RoboForm has been managing for many years, and overall I'm quite pleased with the product. Tried Dashlane and OnePass for a while, for they seemed now more prevelent, but came back to RoboForm, since it just performed better. I am now planning to get a lot of the family information/records into the system, and share out with my grown kids. I hope you can continue to develop the product.

Pros

Identities. And Reliability. Ability to store much more than just passwords.

Cons

Wish it was more visible, with a larger user base. I previously had difficulties sharing logins with family members, but I upgraded to the Business level and set up my family as a Company, and that seems to work. I cannot get this to work efficiently on my smartphone, and I've sort of given up on that. (I can never get it to fill in a form with my credentials on the phone, even though the little pop-up icon for RoboForm is there.) It would be good if I could search for a login on my phone, and that have it open in Chrome, rather than the RoboForm browser. (Is there a way to do that?)

Sherry
Sherry
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

The Best Password Manager available!

Reviewed on 2018-07-03

Easy to use, and remembers what you need to secure all your sites. Even offers a Master password so no one can access your password even if they access your computer.

Pros

RoboForm stures your usernames (or email account) and password to sign into all your favorite sites. The software also works as a bookmark manager too to remember the site addresses (has search function) and then when you arrive, ability to use saved login information. And I create folders allowing me to separate bills, career, housing, and whatever I desire. This software can also generate passwords that are random so they are stronger. I have used this software for over 20 years and it was one of the best purchases I have made.

Cons

The free version allows you to save about 10 passwords. But after you try it, you will buy it so not a big issue! This should be available at all companies as they require different passwords for everything. And companies want to 'generate' complex password which cannot be guessed... but that is harder for you to remember.

Layton
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

Allows me to keep all my logins and passwords in one place and access them anywhere.

Reviewed on 2017-11-09

Ability to maintain and share login credentials, passwords, and notes securely.

Ability to maintain and share login credentials, passwords, and notes securely.

Pros

The feature I like the most is the ability to share certain passwords with my coworkers. My company is on the Business edition, and we have various shared folders set up. The passwords are always up to date for everyone even if someone has to change one.

Cons

My only complaint is that with the web, desktop, mobile, and all the browser extensions, it seems like they are not always all on the same version.

Response from Siber Systems

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review! Regarding the version of RoboForm, once you upgrade your desktop to v8 and sync, your data will automatically be upgraded to the new one file format across your mobile devices and this will be reflected in your online account. If you're experiencing inconsistencies across browsers, this may be due to individual browser limitations which are imposed on the RoboForm extension. To be sure, however, please do not hesitate to submit any questions or concerns via our online support center and our technical team will gladly investigate: https://www.roboform.com/php/rtss/main?lang=en

Password Protection at its Best

Reviewed on 2019-05-22

Pros

Save all your passwords in one spot, protected by a master password with RoboForm. I've tried a variety of other password programs, but none have been as easy to use and full-featured as RoboForm. While a lot of people store passwords with their browser, that is NOT a best practice. For your online safety, you should not be using the same password over and over, plus, they should be complex, so having a password manager like this not only simplifies things, it makes you much safer online. The password generator feature is great too, allowing you to use very complex, nearly impossible to crack, passwords.

Cons

Having had it for years, I was accustomed to how it integrated with browsers and kept it in its own toolbar. They've had to make some adaptions to how it integrates with browsers. It's still there on the browser, just not like it was in the past.

Phil
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

RoboForm is excellent for password management

Reviewed on 2019-06-28

My work and personal volunteer efforts often require quick access to online data and information. No matter where I am, I'm only a few clicks away from accessing my data. RoboForm has been a valued tool for many years.

Pros

RoboForm not only helps you to setup and remember highly secure passwords, but it also remembers the actual URL for the specific login site. With just a few clicks you can move from site to site, sign in automatically, and concentrate on getting work done quickly. With some learning, you can also setup and name multi-step logins (URL-01 & URL-02) for usernames and passwords. The Everywhere version allows you to sync RoboForm between multiple personal and work PCs (Windows or Mac) and smart phones. NEVER forget another complex password again!

Cons

RoboForm is very robust and does everything I would expect a great password management program to do.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

Best password keeper out there

Reviewed on 2017-12-07

No more keeping track of passwords in a un-secure manner.

No more keeping track of passwords in a un-secure manner.

Pros

Keeps track of all of my passwords automatically, further it will create randomized passwords so every account has its own yet there is no issue remember ing all the different ones as RoboForm does it for you. With the mobile app, you can take all your passwords with you wherever you go which is perfect. They also support fingerprint login and multi-factor authentication.

Cons

Still having an issue when using a high dpi screen to remote into a standard dpi screen the fonts on the browser toolbar does not scale and is almost impossible to read.

Response from Siber Systems

Hi there - thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! Regarding the dpi issue, if you can please provide a screen shot of your entire page, including the toolbar and submit it to our technical support team, they'll gladly look into the matter. https://www.roboform.com/php/rtss/main?lang=en

Kerry

Satisfied with the software

Reviewed on 2019-06-13

It makes it easier to keep and maintain company wide passwords and ids. Plus I still have a folder where i can access my personal id information.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to set up a team to use the password vault and it does simplify the process of keeping the passwords updated.

Cons

Sometimes the passwords only save and not the user id which makes it challenging to open some of the sites. Plus if you have two cc with different vendors the system doesn't have a clear way of saving the two different CC's.

Response from Siber Systems

Hi Kerry - thanks for taking the time to review RoboForm! Regarding credit cards, you can save multiple instances of cards within a single identity. To do so, within the RoboForm Editor, click the credit card option, click "New Credit Card" (top), and then select the card type and proceed with entering the remaining information. Should you have any questions or require assistance, please let us know!

Joe
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

One of THE best password vaults and password generators

Reviewed on 2021-09-21

Very good. My browser also saves passwords, but I trust RoboForm a lot more than I trust the browser functions.

Pros

The paid version, which I use, gives me unlimited passwords, generates passwords when needed, is very easy to set up, and works from all my devices. I started with the free version and quickly found it so useful that I had no qualms in upgrading to the paid version.

Cons

I have to input my master password again, even if I’ve just used it, but then opening a search for another saved password. I wish that once I’ve opened it on my PC, it wouldn’t ask for that. It doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does, it’s annoying.

Alta
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Passwords kept organized

Reviewed on 2019-06-20

Overall we really enjoy this program, we access many websites and programs on a daily basis and having the passwords fill in automatically is a time saver. We don't to write them down and try to figure out where we put the password. This program is convenient and easy to use.

Pros

We have been using RoboForm for a number of years and really like that it remembers all of our passwords and it is easy to update them when they are changed. The easy of remembering the urls is great too.

Cons

For the newer version it requires that we input a password in order to edit a password.

Response from Siber Systems

Hi Alta - thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. In regards to the issue you're experiencing post update, can you please tell us:
1) Your OS
2) RoboForm version number
3) Is it asking for your Master Password?
4) Is this a Login a part of the company group?

Thanks!

Rick
  • Industry: Banking

RoboForm

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Great overall experience. Definitely worth the money. I liked it so much, I rolled it out within the company I work for.

Pros

I have been using this product for several years and recently rolled it out at my company. It's easy to use, transportable, and secure. You can install it on any device you use and if you make a change to a password on one device, you can sync another device to the cloud ensuring you have the most recent passwords.

Cons

The only thing I dislike is you can't forget your master password. If you do, RoboForm doesn't offer you the capability to change or reset a password if you forget it. I know this is the point of the product but it would make life easier if there was a "forgot password" function on the main site.

FADY

Roboform for Business

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pretty Good, I wish they update features to where Roboforms pops up only at main signing page not the security questions or token info as sometimes accidentally could save that screen for log in and next time wont work have to reset .....

Pros

Facilitate login and password generation, common folder for staff to have access to same websites for ease of work execution.

Cons

Some time especially on mobile device (android user) it does not pop up to log into a sight. Have to go to actual Roboform app scroll through logins and log in that way. Also few time it woudn't log on PC.

Response from Siber Systems

Thank you for the feedback, Fady. Regarding the autofill issues you're experiencing, at your convenience, please submit a list of sites that the issue occurs for, and our technical team will gladly investigate. http://bit.ly/1L9QELn

Rose

Excellent cross-platform password manager

Reviewed on 2018-11-21

I've been using RoboForm for years and it has saved me an incredible amount of time. The syncing between devices is a lifesaver. And I love having touch ID log-in on the iPhone.

Pros

* Can sync passwords between computer/browser/iphone/ipad.
* The ability to store safenotes as well as passwords.
* Folder organization.
* Easy generation of really tough passwords.
* Automatic form fill-in.

Cons

* The only way to create a new website login is to go to that website and log in. Sometimes, I want to create a login manually by typing in the URL, ID and password.
* Not the most intuitive of interfaces.

Response from Siber Systems

Thank you for the feedback! You can now manually create logins on iOS and Android devices. We hope to offer this functionality for Windows/Mac in the near future.