Kangaroo

An all-in-one Loyalty and Marketing Platform for businesses.

4.3/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Amanda Josalene

• Customer Support Software

Helped to reward my repeat customers :)

Reviewed on 3/11/2019

Overall, Kangaroo has proved a success for myself and my business, and my customers are very satisfied that I am now able to give them a loyalty rewards program.

Pros

I run a small scale business but we have fantastic profits and a lot of repeat customers, and Kangaroo was able to help me develop my own rewards program for my loyal & dedicated customers/clients. Kangaroo was very easy to learn and to navigate, which reduced the time it took to be able to achieve the rewards system that I wanted to great. When you're running a business with a close-knit team but have high production demands, time is very important, and I praise Kangaroo for helping me develop my rewards system without forcing me into spending too much time trying to learn how to navigate the software.

Cons

I don't have any cons; I still use Kangaroo on my site!

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We're delighted to hear that our loyalty software has been easy to implement and instrumental in the growth of your company. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing your loyalty needs for years to come!

Warm Regards,
Valerie - Kangaroo Rewards

Zondre

Best option for Lightspeed

Reviewed on 12/31/2019

Pros

The biggest advantage is that it is fully integrated with Lightspeed POS and E-comm. So, it helps us to create a seamless customer experience. The basic features, such as tracking customer purchase history in analytics and being able to send offers to all of the customers, works at least as well as other loyalty programs.

Cons

A lot of the additional features promised, such as being able to do targeted campaigns based on purchase history and promotions based on category, don't work as promised. The software doesn't capture the information necessary to do targeted campaigns. And, when you try to do a promotion based on a category, you can't select the category from Lightspeed. You have to tag all of the products, which is a lot of extra work.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Zondre,
Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We were surprised to see that you're experiencing issues with targeted marketing. We pride ourselves on our comprehensive integration with Lightspeed POS and the granular targeting and customer segmentation capabilities Your review has been forwarded to our support team who will reach out shortly to address your pain points. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards to power your loyalty program. We appreciate your business.

tim

good product

Reviewed on 12/22/2019

fairly good prdouct

Pros

nice simple product to use ...

nice to be able to provide customers with rewards ...

Cons

missing some features that another product had ...

need to be able to let people know when they have a discount ...

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear that our loyalty software is easy to use and your customers enjoy collecting rewards. As for notifying members when they have a discount, Kangaroo offers several options. Customers may be notified by email automation, SMS Text or push notifications via the APP. I will have our support team reach out shortly to address your concerns. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards. We appreciate your business.

Jenn
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent Loyalty Program

Reviewed on 10/4/2022

I am very happy with Kangaroo and their support team is very quick to respond on the chat line to help me whenever I have a question. Most of all, this program brings in results!

Pros

I like how easy it was to set up the rewards and get customers to use the app to check in and earn points. We're very busy and the QR code really speeds up the process. Now that our email and text marketing is all in one, it's very fast to set up a campaign and get it sent out.

Cons

Everything works exactly as promised. I have nothing negative to say.

Andre

A Rewards System that Grows with Your Business

Reviewed on 12/18/2019

Customer retention is very vital to several businesses. Many people hate how cell phone service companies always try to market to get new customers into contracts while neglecting their long time customers and not providing the best service/deals/etc. I see the majority of my sales from 80% as returning customers. So it's important to me to keep reminding them that I should be a destination for their shopping. The rewards does a great deal to keep bringing people back to me while I utilize social media to attract new customers.

Pros

I love how Kangaroo Rewards integrates with my Lightspeed POS system. It is very straightforward and easy to use. I can customize how my customers receive points/rewards/bonuses and more! It feature automatic campaigns that reach out to my at-risk customers that reminds them that I still should be part of their shopping experience/reminders. I like the support the company gives to the users. They are always willing to improve the rewards system and also willing to listen to make changes that I find not useful/difficult/confusing. We are part of the top 5 users of Kangaroo Rewards in the franchise that I am in and it's been a great experience so far!

Cons

My major complaint to the company was the layout on the administrator's website. I find it very difficult to navigate and find exactly what I need. Some of the self-service FAQ's have been down for a bit but they are finally back up. At a conference I attended, Kangaroo Rewards assured to me that there is an update coming and will be available soon that addresses all my concerns! So it's exciting to see that they are listening to user feedback.

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Kangaroo

I was using the rewards from QuickBooks POS and they weren't really that customizable. They had a generic rewards where they granted some set dollars/points to customers when they hit a spending limit. It didn't make it fun or enjoyable for my customers or for me to promote loyalty to my brand when they can be buying elsewhere.

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Andre,
Thank you for the glowing review! It was a pleasure meeting you at the conference and we're thrilled that our software is helping to contribute to the success of your business! Thank you for your ongoing support and fidelity, we appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,

Joshua
  • Industry: Restaurants

The Loyalty Program we were looking for

Reviewed on 1/21/2020

We did everything manually which meant a lot of customers slipped through the cracks. Kangaroo allows us to properly reward our customers and makes that process very streamlined. Another very important aspect fo Kangaroo was that they were willing to work with us although we are a small operation in Belize.

Pros

Firstly it linked with our POS which was a big plus for us and although this has nothing to do with the actual program, the customer attention for onboarding and setup was great. There are so many options for how guests can be rewarded that you almost get lost, but this allows you to specialize days, weeks, a certain time and so forth allowing for a very customizable service.

Cons

My biggest concern is the sign-in page for the customer. It is a little too basic for my liking and doesn't properly resize for the screen used. I wish it looked more like a web app that a webpage.

TapMango

Reasons for Switching to Kangaroo

Kangaroo was willing to work with us despite our size of operations and location, very customer orientated as well as affordable.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Joshua,
Thank you for the 5 Star review! We're delighted that our loyalty software is exactly what you were looking for to help you meet your business's goals and that our support team's attentiveness is appreciated. We like to practice what we preach and work hard to create an exceptional customer experience. Your comments regarding the sign-in page will be reviewed by our development team and a member of our support team will reach out shortly. Thanks again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards to power your loyalty program.

Best,

Kosta
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Loyalty Program with App

Reviewed on 7/12/2022

A powerful loyalty program with robust marketing and an exceptional app. After going through covid, it really highlighted a need to add a digital component to offer the best experience for our customer base and the ability to communicate and market directly to our customers. Now customers can make a reservation, view our menu, order online, earn rewards and learn about our promotions and new products. I'm very happy and the team at Kangaroo is exceptional in making sure that we were completely satisfied and ready to launch.

Pros

I chose Kangaroo Rewards to power our loyalty program because I can create custom rewards and offers, target and market via SMS text and email to my customer database all in one platform. The custom app that they built for me, enables my customers to make a reservation, order online, refer friends, view our menu, browse offers and promotions, market events with custom banners and, track their progress. It's professional and the QR code, let's customers scan in really quickly.

Cons

It's a strong program with a lot of options, so there's a bit of a learning curve. Their support team is really great and I had my team trained up in 1hr.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Thank you for the wonderful review Kosta! It's been a pleasure working with you and your management team.

Decent Rewards Program

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

Pros

Kangaroo Rewards helps you better retain your customer base, it tracks rewards and helps you engage with customers that haven't shopped in a while.

Cons

It was a little hard for some of our staff to get the hang of -- we eventually decided to go with another rewards program due to ease of learning and use.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review our loyalty program. We¿re delighted that you recognized the value and strength of our loyalty software features. We pride ourselves on the ease and simplicity of operating our software system and are disappointed to learn that your team experienced some difficulties. In the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team via chat, email or phone to schedule a refresher course. Our support team is dedicated to ensuring that all of our customers feel comfortable with our software and are always happy to help resolve any issues which may arise. If you could kindly send a direct message to [email protected] with detailed feedback of your experience, we would appreciate the opportunity to learn how we can improve ourselves. Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to work with you again soon!

Adriana
  • Industry: Chemicals

Kangaroo

Reviewed on 8/23/2022

Amazing, and I will be using and referring any chance I get

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to reach customers. I am only using basic as of right now, however, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has mentioned the other ideas that use could use and we will be using.

Cons

My employees could enter new customers and look at existing customers and their points, rewards and keep them inform of future events.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hi Adriana,
Thank you for the positive review! We're happy to hear that Kangaroo is working so well for you!

Ron

Rewards and more

Reviewed on 8/23/2022

The draw feature is really amazing. No more handing out raffle tickets or saving sales receipts to do draws. Once you setup a draw in Kangaroo, the system takes care of everything including contacting the winner.

Pros

Kangaroo rewards has given us the ability to keep in constant contact with our customers. Features such as the referral program, draw option, reminders, and scheduled messaging has been a valuable part of our growth. Kangaroo easily and seamlessly integrates with our Lightspeed POS platform.

Cons

The only issue I have had with kangaroo is the need to have images for rewards and draws that are only for internal use.
It hasn’t affected our satisfaction at all.

Andrea

Kangaroo review

Reviewed on 12/18/2019

We love having an easy loyalty program that is really good. I like how we've been able to customize it for our slowest day (Wednesdays) to give more points. I am able to reach someone quickly in customer service when I need to.

Pros

No app is required! This is huge to customers and has encouraged many people to join it. I like that it is based on phone number as well because I think that is easier for people to remember than an email. I love the features with the text/email blast options.

Cons

We have been integrating this into our new point of sale system from our old point of sale. We've run into some issues with points/settings not correctly transferring over. I also wish there was a more efficient way to show points on the receipt- right now points are only shown if you replace the notes section in the point of sale. This is more of an integration issue that I hope can be worked out.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Andrea,
Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to read that our program is working well for you especially as a tool to enhance business on Wednesdays. Our support & development team will look into your issue regarding displaying the points on the receipt for your new POS system. Thank you for your continued support and fidelity. we value your business.

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Three years growing our business with Kangaroo

Reviewed on 12/21/2019

Excellent tool for our company. Much better than the plastic cards which cost more and customers lose. Or the paper punch cards we used before the plastic.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to train employees to navigate and log customer points.

Cons

It's a two step process with input into our POS. It would be nice if it could be integrated.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Scott,
Thank you for the fantastic review! We're happy to hear that Kangaroo is working well for your business. We're always thrilled to hear that our program is easy, effective and provides great value. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business.

Hailey
  • Industry: Design

Style Rewards at Interior Design House

Reviewed on 12/18/2019

Pros

Easy to setup
UX is straightforward
affordable

Cons

Design of the UX
How it needs to be administered using the tablet and not on the PC
Backend isn't as straightforward as I would like - newsletters aren't user friendly

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Hailey,
Thank you for taking the time to review our loyalty software. We're thrilled to learn that the program is bringing great value and is straightforward to use. We are presently evaluating the user experience to optimize the pain points you mentioned. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo Rewards and we appreciate your business.

Regards, Team Kangaroo

Mitsuko

• Customer Support Software

Great program; very receptive to customer suggestions; constantly updating; easy for staff to...

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

We are able to easily and effectively manage our customer loyalty program. Our customers are happy and our staff are happy!

Pros

- Very easy and intuitive for the staff to use at the sales counter.
- They are integrated with Lightspeed Retail.
- The development team is very receptive to suggestions and feedback.
- We have the ability to have "automatic" discounts and offers for our loyalty members, and the staff don't have to think about it or remember them!
- We can send marketing through Kangaroo, which has the potential to eliminate our current email marketing provider
- The price is fair

Cons

- They don't have full access to Lightspeed's API, so there are limitations on the offers that we can offer to our customers automatically. The program has so many offers available, but they can't integrate into Lightspeed yet.
- We aren't able to show the customer's current points balance on the sales screen yet (because doing so overwrites the customer's notes)
- The user interface in the admin portal is slow(ish) to respond
- When updating points balances, there isn't a way to note the reason

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Mitsuko, Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.
I'm glad to announce that based on your requests, these features were added to our core platform:

- Access to the full customer loyalty profile from the Sales Screen (including adjustment of points, history of rewards and redemptions, change of consent, etc...)

- We also added additional Promo types you asked for including buy over a certain amount and get a free product or a discount.

We are different because we action on our customers feedback and yours has been amazing!
Thank you!

Ron

Comunicating with my customers

Reviewed on 12/25/2019

We will be communicating better with our customers once we start using all of the features available in the app & the people at Kangaroo have been easy to work with

Pros

It integrates with Lightspeed and I needed a rewards program & a way to communicate with my customers

Cons

I feel it is rather expensive, partly because I don't have time to set up and use all of the features I'm paying for. I think the Lightspeed app is expensive also but I need something to run my business effectively and these apps work well together

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Ron,
Thank you for the positive review. We're pleased to hear that Kangaroo has proven itself to be an effective rewards & communication tool for your business. We understand that there are a lot of features available on our platform, however we assure you that once you have taken the time to activate all the features, the program will really flourish and provide even greater benefits. If you require additional help, please feel free to reach out to our support team. We are always happy to help! Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business!

Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

Heather
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Wonderful Choice for a Loyalty Program

Reviewed on 2/3/2020

Pros

I love the unique features that Kangaroo offers to retarget existing customers and how they are all built into one platform! It's so much more than just a points based system. Having the ability to tag customers and segment them for marketing is worth every penny!

Cons

There are a few features I wish were more customizable to our brand and I wish customers could be set to a certain tier level on a case by case basis, without having to do that for all of your customers. We have several thousand customers enrolled in our loyalty program so it's unfeasible.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Heather,
Thank you for the excellent review! We're thrilled to hear that Kangaroo is meeting your business needs. We are a bit concerned about your comments regarding the customer tiers and our support team will reach out shortly to help you with your customer tier objectives. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo!

Best,

Katerina

Reviewed on 12/20/2019

Overall it is a good app and customers like it because it gives them an opportunity to collect points with every shopping.

Pros

Kangaroo rewards is fairly easy to use. Layout is clear and ads are not overpowering.

Cons

With frequent updates on one of our tablets we need to go directly into play store and click update manually, it doesn't do it itself. Sometimes system freezes.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Katerina,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're proud to hear that your customers are enjoying earning points and that Kangaroo software is easy for you to use and manage. We will look into automating the system updates to enhance your user experience. Thank you for your continued support and fidelity.

Sharni

So many features

Reviewed on 9/13/2018

Kangaroo Rewards replaced several pieces of software for us. We were able to do away with email newsletter software and text message software, and we were able to update our paper rewards system. We saved a little money and a lot of monthly effort putting all of these things into one place. The biggest way we saved was removing the labor cost of maintaining our manual rewards card system.

Customers are loving redeeming things with their points. We can choose all manner of things for them to redeem, and they love the choices.

Number of features
Integrates with Lightspeed
Customer support is great

Cons

Tablet version is buggy
Wish it would allow you to edit offers when using them in marketing emails.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hi Sharni,
Thank you so much for your review and your feedback. The glitch you had experienced on the that specific version of tablet app is now fixed. Thank you for reporting it and thank you for being an awesome customer!

Curt

• Customer Support Software

Kangaroo helped us in so many ways!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016

We don't use Adwords and Facebook ads anymore' We decided to use Kangaroo for marketing, loyalty and customer retention since this is the only thing that really worked for us. Kangaroo proved itself time and time again. We are actually Kangaroo fanatics :)

Pros

ease of use for both Merchants and Customers.

Cons

Nothing to mention other than whatever we want to have, we just ask for it and they add it for everyone else to benefit from. they're amazing!

Darren

Rewards

Reviewed on 12/19/2019

Pros

The ability to send text messages to customers direct.

Cons

Cost of the program plus adding in texting costs runs high.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Darren,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We''re disappointed to learn that you feel that the value of the program is not reflected in the cost. If you're open to it, I can have our support team run through all the features with you that are available within the program so that you can maximize your program and gain full value. Your business is important to us as is your success.

Francisco

A must in your business

Reviewed on 12/15/2016

I've been in business for more than 18 years and I've always wanted to have a loyalty program that worked for us. For a local business, it is really expensive to have your own software. Kangaroo gave us the chance to customize everything we wanted and more. Kangaroo is always updating and hearing us out on how to improve their software. Cannot say anything bad about the software. I'm proud to say that I believe in this concept of rewarding clients for their loyalty; Kangaroo is the professional way to do so.

Pros

Customizable, professional brand, a lot of features

Cons

Price

bryce
  • Industry: Sports

Our Choice for Rewards and Loyalty

Reviewed on 2/26/2020

We're still in pre-launch, but so far so good. Once we get a critical number of players signed up I'll be able to begin using the marketing features resident within Kangaroo.

Pros

The Kangaroo team has been a joy to work with as we required some customization to their standard platform. Everyone has been super responsive and helpful and the customers are excited to roll this new technology out beginning March 1.

Cons

Getting the payment customization is taking more time and effort than I planned for, but I believe that it will get implemented as planned shortly.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Bryce,
Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear that your customization experience with our support team has been a joy! We're pleased to welcome you to the Kangaroo family and look forward to contributing to the success of your brand!

Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

Shyam

Customer follow up

Reviewed on 12/20/2019

I like it very much as small business but still having marketing tool to hold its customer base.

Pros

Very good to stay connected to your customer base.

Cons

This highlights Kangaroo Rewards more than the Store

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Shyam,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We''re pleased to hear that Kangaroo's marketing tools are effective in helping you stay connected with your customers.

Steve
  • Industry: Hospitality

Members love the program

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

Customers love collecting points ....its the psychology of being rewarded just for coming into the restaurant. They always and willing provide phone number on the guest receipt to help us track purchases.

Pros

Ease of use on the front end and daily input of guest purchases

Cons

Set up....issues with uploading existing members from a previous program.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy to hear your customers love Kangaroo! and that you find it easy to use.

It's rare to come across any issues while uploading existing customers lists and points balance which is a very simple process that usually takes minutes; I'm sorry it wasn't as smooth as it was supposed to be for you. We will make sure to keep improving this process to make sure this doesn't repeat.

JD

Great CRM

Reviewed on 12/24/2019

Pros

Really like the ease of use and intuitiveness of the interface.

Cons

Wish there was a way to bulk edit customer consent.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello JD,
Thank you for the 5 Star Review! We're thrilled to hear that the program is easy and intuitive for you to use. Our support team will reach out shortly in regards to bulk edits for consent. Thanks again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards. Your business is important to us!