Kangaroo

Write a Review!
An all-in-one Loyalty and Marketing Platform for businesses.

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Amanda Josalene
Amanda Josalene

• Customer Support Software

Helped to reward my repeat customers :)

Reviewed on 2019-03-11

Overall, Kangaroo has proved a success for myself and my business, and my customers are very satisfied that I am now able to give them a loyalty rewards program.

Pros

I run a small scale business but we have fantastic profits and a lot of repeat customers, and Kangaroo was able to help me develop my own rewards program for my loyal & dedicated customers/clients. Kangaroo was very easy to learn and to navigate, which reduced the time it took to be able to achieve the rewards system that I wanted to great. When you're running a business with a close-knit team but have high production demands, time is very important, and I praise Kangaroo for helping me develop my rewards system without forcing me into spending too much time trying to learn how to navigate the software.

Cons

I don't have any cons; I still use Kangaroo on my site!

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We're delighted to hear that our loyalty software has been easy to implement and instrumental in the growth of your company. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing your loyalty needs for years to come!

Warm Regards,
Valerie - Kangaroo Rewards

Matthew

Seamless integration with Lightspeed, and Kickstarted our Rewards Club

Reviewed on 2023-12-05

Overall our experience with kangaroo has been very good. Their customer service is quick to respond and walk you though issues. It's been a good experience for me!

Pros

It seamlessly syncs back with Lightspeed Retail and eCom. There are loads of ways to create campaigns for email or SMS and then segment your customers in a campaign by dates, spend, tags, points, purchase history... lots of options!!! And the auto-campaign features are excellent- set up a campaign and make it automated. They have some out of the box, like birthday greetings. These can be attached to campaign that offer discounts or other promos so help to keep you Top of Mind. Kangaroo has helped us initiate and manage our Rewards Club and stay in touch with custoemrs.

Cons

It's not always intuitive to use. Kangaroo did a UI revamp but to me the older portal which is still accessible is more intuitive. The reporting needs some work such that campaign result metrics can be more easily compared for performance. You'll have to purchase SMS credits and these expire at month end. So you have to plan your campaign spend via SMS.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hi Matthew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. It's extremely rewarding for us to hear that Kangaroo is having a positive impact on your business and clients.

The new business portal is very powerful, and we agree, it may require a bit of a learning curve to feel comfortable with it. We are also continuously monitoring how customers are using it to refine the experience.

Regarding email/sms credits, you don't need to buy recurring credits, you can simply purchase the exact number of credits you need for a given campaign. Our CSR team will be more than happy to walk you through these steps.

Your feedback means a lot to us. Thank you for sharing! It's greatly appreciated.

Zondre

Best option for Lightspeed

Reviewed on 2019-12-31

Pros

The biggest advantage is that it is fully integrated with Lightspeed POS and E-comm. So, it helps us to create a seamless customer experience. The basic features, such as tracking customer purchase history in analytics and being able to send offers to all of the customers, works at least as well as other loyalty programs.

Cons

A lot of the additional features promised, such as being able to do targeted campaigns based on purchase history and promotions based on category, don't work as promised. The software doesn't capture the information necessary to do targeted campaigns. And, when you try to do a promotion based on a category, you can't select the category from Lightspeed. You have to tag all of the products, which is a lot of extra work.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Zondre,
Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We were surprised to see that you're experiencing issues with targeted marketing. We pride ourselves on our comprehensive integration with Lightspeed POS and the granular targeting and customer segmentation capabilities Your review has been forwarded to our support team who will reach out shortly to address your pain points. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards to power your loyalty program. We appreciate your business.

Best Regards,

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Simple but effective and slick

Reviewed on 2024-03-05

We are really pleased with the experience and customer service we have, and continue o receive. From start-up and with any ongoing issues, the support has been quick and any issues resolved straight away. Special mention to [sensitive content hidden] for the knowledge and assistance in navigating and curating all elements of the app.
We can't imagine not having this offering for our customers and would highly recommend.

Pros

How simple the platform is to navigate and use whilst also being able to tailor the look and feel of the app to meet our branding needs.

Cons

The ability to segment the customer per location and more filters to view customer lists.

Majd
Majd

Loyalty Program with Kangaroo

Reviewed on 2023-12-22

It was an added value for customer retention efforts and building a streamlined customer data base that you can access anytime.

Pros

The fact that Kangaroo provides an actual customized application for the end user to download and use is great. The support team is very helpful and responsive.

Cons

The admin dashboard is a bit confusing but like everything you can get used to it after a while of using it, but the support team is always available to guide you along the way.

Erin

Creation of Rewards App

Reviewed on 2024-04-26

Very positive, would recommend to others.

Very positive, would recommend to others.

Pros

Very quick communication via email and the process of setting up an app went smoothly. Everything we wanted to be included in our app was made possible. [sensitive content hidden] was very friendly, patient and helpful.

Cons

The time it took to create the app was a little longer than expected, but was understandable as we also had API integration with another company which caused some of this delay.

Hussein
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

KANGAROO REVIEW

Reviewed on 2024-05-14

Pros

It ticked all the boxes, has all the features I was looking for, and is extremely user-friendly and convenient. The onboarding was perfect, and the support is always there to answer and guide. Great platform & service!

Cons

It's perfect—there's nothing I don't like.

William
  • Industry: Tobacco

AIRSCREAM UK

Reviewed on 2024-04-26

Pros

Easy to use and navigate.
User friendly to admin and user (member).

Cons

Extract customer database into excel.
More free to use function for admin such as e-mail marketing credits.

Maya
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Kangaroo helped us take our business to a different level

Reviewed on 2024-05-08

Pros

The team is super helpful.. Kangaroo is easy yo use even for a person from a non marketing or social media background

Cons

Nothing till now.
All features are easy to use

June
  • Industry: Tobacco

AIRSCREAM Global

Reviewed on 2024-04-26

Pros

Easy to use and navigate
User friendly to admin and customer

Cons

No feature to extract all customer database into excel

Victoria

Victoria's Review

Reviewed on 2023-10-11

The customer service of the staff is top notch. They always respond quickly and are fast to help come up with solutions to my problems

Pros

Ease of use, Customer point tracking, Customer Service from Staff

Cons

I wish there was more we could do for our tiered customers in the future besides a point multiplier

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hi Victoria,
We appreciate your vote of confidence, it means a lot to us.
Regarding Kangaroo's Tier program, we wanted to make sure you're aware of the full capacity and versatility of this program. Point Multiplier is only one of many ways to craft exclusive offers and rewards for each tier. Every targeted offer you create in Kangaroo can be exclusive to a particular Tier. Kangaroo's powerful marketing segmentation has many possibilities. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your dedicated customer success team to go through this and more in-depth.
Thank you for your continued support, and for trusting us with your business!

Pamela

Its great

Reviewed on 2023-11-17

Pros

Kangaroo Company stands out as an exceptional workplace where the dedication of its employees is truly commendable. The team consistently goes above and beyond, ensuring that every request is promptly addressed and assistance is readily available whenever needed. Their commitment to thorough follow-ups reflects a genuine concern for the well-being of their employees. Moreover, the company's commitment to continuous learning is evident in their willingness to provide comprehensive training, tailoring it to individual needs and allowing ample time for skill development. The culture of offering insightful advice for the betterment of the restaurant demonstrates not only their professionalism but also their genuine interest in the success of both employees and the establishment they serve.

Cons

No issues with Kangaroo Company; all good!

Kosta

Great Loyalty Program with App

Reviewed on 2022-07-12

A powerful loyalty program with robust marketing and an exceptional app. After going through covid, it really highlighted a need to add a digital component to offer the best experience for our customer base and the ability to communicate and market directly to our customers. Now customers can make a reservation, view our menu, order online, earn rewards and learn about our promotions and new products. I'm very happy and the team at Kangaroo is exceptional in making sure that we were completely satisfied and ready to launch.

Pros

I chose Kangaroo Rewards to power our loyalty program because I can create custom rewards and offers, target and market via SMS text and email to my customer database all in one platform. The custom app that they built for me, enables my customers to make a reservation, order online, refer friends, view our menu, browse offers and promotions, market events with custom banners and, track their progress. It's professional and the QR code, let's customers scan in really quickly.

Cons

It's a strong program with a lot of options, so there's a bit of a learning curve. Their support team is really great and I had my team trained up in 1hr.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Thank you for the wonderful review Kosta! It's been a pleasure working with you and your management team.

Ron

Comunicating with my customers

Reviewed on 2019-12-25

We will be communicating better with our customers once we start using all of the features available in the app & the people at Kangaroo have been easy to work with

Pros

It integrates with Lightspeed and I needed a rewards program & a way to communicate with my customers

Cons

I feel it is rather expensive, partly because I don't have time to set up and use all of the features I'm paying for. I think the Lightspeed app is expensive also but I need something to run my business effectively and these apps work well together

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Ron,
Thank you for the positive review. We're pleased to hear that Kangaroo has proven itself to be an effective rewards & communication tool for your business. We understand that there are a lot of features available on our platform, however we assure you that once you have taken the time to activate all the features, the program will really flourish and provide even greater benefits. If you require additional help, please feel free to reach out to our support team. We are always happy to help! Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business!

Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

bryce
  • Industry: Sports

Perfect for Our Business

Reviewed on 2023-12-05

Excellent customer support, always there to help.

Excellent customer support, always there to help.

Pros

Customer service to work through customizing the out of box product.

Cons

A mistaken points bonus can't be undone by me of Kangaroo team.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hi Bryce,
We appreciate you stating that Kangaroo is perfect for your business. This is a vote of confidence we don't take lightly or for granted!

We will reach out shortly regarding the Bonus Points issue to understand the use case and get it fixed for you.

We appreciate your business!

David

My Review

Reviewed on 2023-03-26

Pros

I like everything about the system. They did good work putting it together.

Cons

Not being able to set our customers up with a default PIN when signing into the Loyalty App for the first time.Our customers currently have to email Kangaroo support in order to establish their PIN when using the Loyalty App for the first time.

Rami

Bialik Cafeteria Kangaroo review

Reviewed on 2023-08-29

Good App. Great support. For my needs it's good.

Good App. Great support. For my needs it's good.

Pros

The ease of customer's depositing funds to their account.

Cons

The length of time it takes to process a sale.

Erin

Easy to Use, Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2023-05-01

Overall it's been a very positive experience with Kangaroo from setup, to implementation and use.

Pros

I like Kangaroo for the ease of use. Scheduling out messaging makes life easier. Customer engagement is high with this program. The customer support team is very helpful and easy to contact with quick response times and resolutions.

Cons

Areas of improvement would be having to pay for extra texts if you go over your monthly allowance. I would prefer to just send texts out and then be billed for them instead of trying to figure out how many more I need to purchase in order to cover my monthly messaging.

Adriana
  • Industry: Chemicals

Kangaroo

Reviewed on 2022-08-23

Amazing, and I will be using and referring any chance I get

Amazing, and I will be using and referring any chance I get

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to reach customers. I am only using basic as of right now, however, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has mentioned the other ideas that use could use and we will be using.

Cons

My employees could enter new customers and look at existing customers and their points, rewards and keep them inform of future events.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hi Adriana,
Thank you for the positive review! We're happy to hear that Kangaroo is working so well for you!

Tarique
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best in the gmae

Reviewed on 2024-01-15

Pros

Customer service never sleeps. They are always there for big and small quires, no amount of money can buy good customer service and support.

Cons

There is nothing i would change about the service or the program its self.

Manal

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2024-01-11

Pros

Easy to manage, diversity in the options available!

Cons

We face some problems in the updated ! Requires a lot of human interference

Steve
  • Industry: Hospitality

Members love the program

Reviewed on 2019-12-04

Customers love collecting points ....its the psychology of being rewarded just for coming into the restaurant. They always and willing provide phone number on the guest receipt to help us track purchases.

Pros

Ease of use on the front end and daily input of guest purchases

Cons

Set up....issues with uploading existing members from a previous program.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy to hear your customers love Kangaroo! and that you find it easy to use.

It's rare to come across any issues while uploading existing customers lists and points balance which is a very simple process that usually takes minutes; I'm sorry it wasn't as smooth as it was supposed to be for you. We will make sure to keep improving this process to make sure this doesn't repeat.

Thinh
  • Industry: Restaurants

I love Kangaroo Rewards.

Reviewed on 2019-12-18

I have no problem with Kangaroo rewards so far.

I have no problem with Kangaroo rewards so far.

Pros

My customers likes the rewards program , because they feel like they earn some things back from all the business they give us .

Cons

I'm very happy with the software so far.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Thinh,
Thank you for the excellent review! We're delighted to hear that Kangaroo is working well for your business and that your customers are enjoying the loyalty experience. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business.

Best Regards,

David

Easy-To-Use Dashboard + Tremendous Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023-10-06

Pros

Throughout the process of setting up a customer loyalty mobile app, Kangaroo has been a tremendous partner in offering turnkey solutions and customer service throughout the entire project. The backend is intuitive and simple to use, and a helpful tool for any business looking to implement any customer loyalty program.

Cons

Currently, there or no cons about Kangaroo that come to mind.

Christina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

5 star service!

Reviewed on 2016-10-12

there are cheaper companies out there that have the same kind of service, but i think Kangaroo takes it a step fursther and helps the businesses grow by using social media to their advantage! i am very satisfied with their product!

Pros

easy interface

Cons

sizing of graphics and images are limited