PayHOA

DAVID
  • Industry: Accounting Software

PayHOA is Great

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

Pros

We have found that PayHOA has all the right tools for our small 41 unit HOA

Cons

It takes some time for our owners to get comfortable with using the product. Mainly because they are not use to using an on-line portal. The connection to our owners bank accounts to use the e-check feature needs a better explanation for how not do require a users login credentials to setup a bank account link

Response from Pay HOA

David,

Thank you for the review! Your comments regarding the e-check workflow are really helpful! I'll pass those along to our development team!

Dominick
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Great & easy to use, wonderful customer service

Reviewed on 12/28/2016

I had gotten a free trial of the program as treasurer of a fraternity. It is such an easy system to use that incorporates many different features in regards to collecting dues. My favourite part was the ability to use LegFi to send emails to members who weren't paying dues, acting as a collection agency. Keeping track of dues paid and due dates was very convinient, and they made it so you could see on your homepage what your organization's collections looked like. It was super easy to set up for me and for the members of my organization, and the workers at LegFi were there to help me through the whole way. I cannot stress how wonderful the customer service was. I had an issue and called the phone number and was able to speak directly to the president. He was extremely understanding, courteous, and very helpful. These are really down to earth people who want to help your organization, financials and beyond. If you are an organization looking to utilize a financial collections service, I would have no reservations in recommending LegFi

Pros

Ease of use, customer service

Cons

Spotty service, sometimes the website was down, but it didn't really create an issue for me as I could just try again later

Derek

Legacy Financial (LegFi) Customer Review

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

I am the treasurer of me fraternity at Michigan State University and we just wrapped up our first semester using your service. We decided to employ your product for a couple key reasons. We wanted the collection support, the ability to pay charges online, and the tax help the you provide through file990.org.

Bad News first:
You failed to have the proper tax form on your website. I called numerous times between mid March and when our taxes were due in mid May. Time and time again I was assured that the form would be provided prior to tax day, but unfortunately it never was. Luckily, one of the brothers is an had just completed an internship at Grant Thornton, otherwise I would have been helpless. To be blunt, we feel like we wasted money on a service that couldn't deliver. Furthermore, your software doesn't provide enough tools, especially the budget builder. We budget on a semester -by-semester basis and I just don't have enough freedom to build a functional budget based on our needs with the current version.

Now the good news:
For the most part, your customer service was exceptional. Every call was informative and the operators did a fine job assisting me to the best of their abilities.

General tips:
- Get file990.org running more smoothly. This is one of the primary reasons why fraternities employ your service and it needs to be functional if we are to continue to do so.
- Finalize this update that your customer service told me about. He shared his screen to give me a peek at the beta and I was impressed. The earlier you get this out before fall semester begins the better.

In conclusion, our first semester with Legfi wasn't exactly smooth sailing but there is certainly potential for improvement. Hope this review is helpful.

Response from Pay HOA

Thank you for the feedback. We are always working hard to improve the customer experience and I'll take these notes directly to our tech team.

Iris

Board President

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

We collect homeowners association fees, the intuitive system allows us to obtain data and monitor expenses and communicate with owners. The Board loves it!

Pros

The most great experience was the service during our transition to the new portal. The system ease of use, real time, and features with several options are available are secondary.

Cons

Not applicable, new features are on the horizon.

Response from Pay HOA

Hi Iris,

Thank you for the review! I'm glad your Board and association members are finding PayHOA helpful!

Lisa

Morningview

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

Payment of dues seems to be an ease with this software

Pros

Easy of payment for all of the association

Cons

Issues with the savings account not fixed

Response from Pay HOA

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the review! I will circle back with our development team regarding the savings account link!

Mike

Alex
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Legfi Review

Reviewed on 2/24/2017

Honestly legfi kinda sucked. The only thing it was good for was ease of tax reporting. Otherwise it was a pain to keep balances up to date and often they would go negative for no apparent reason and overall was just a hassle. I would keep track of due payments on my own and moved people away from paying on the website due to high credit card fees while other vendors have lower fees. Even venmo is free for P2P transfers, not sure why this was not an option with legfi.

Pros

The ease of tax reporting

Cons

The difficulties in keeping balances up to date along with system glitches and high credit fees.

Response from Legacy Financial

Hi Alex,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on LegFi. I would love to hop on a quick call to understand a little more about what was happening with your balances going negative.

Unfortunately, we can't offer person to person transfers because your chapter is a nonprofit corporation with an EIN. I would be very careful running the chapter's revenue through a personal account, as it opens you up to tremendous tax and personal liability. If you'd like to discuss further, I would love to continue the conversation via email or phone.

Founder | LegFi.com
[email protected]
859-309-3640

Matt

Fine Tuning

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

The very basic point of legfi is dues collection, that works fine. Everything else you are adding onto the service needs improved.

Pros:
Assigning dues & fines, setting up payment plans, manual payment entry all works very well and easily.

Cons:
Budgets need to be able to be viewed by directors and this is not possible in legfi. I would also like to see this section add some expense reporting add-ons such as attaching a digital receipt (pdf).

Your credit card/echeck charges are not competitive at all. We will not even be using them for events. Not allowing us to add the charge onto the purchaser in the basic account is reason enough to use another service. We previously used the event tickets, however there are just better options out there such as square.

Thank you for taking this into consideration.

James

treasurer

Reviewed on 2/24/2022

good produce with good people to communicate with in sorting out learning the system

Pros

easy entry, simple sheets, nice reports produced

Cons

I still need to call in on a number of issues to properly enter data, but it's getting easier

Caleb

• Customer Support Software

Use of legfi for fraternity chapter finances

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

Love the simple and helpful website. Very easy for members to make payments and track charges, and it is also great to use as an administer. Sending out charges, recording payments, seeing an overview of each semester's finances, looking at past semesters, and easily messaging members are all available tools for chapter officers. Parents can also easily access and use legfi' website. The people at legfi are also very nice and helpful. The only issue we have had is legfi invoicing members. Many times our members do not receive invoices or they show up late.

Vincent

Makes a Hard Job, Simple

Reviewed on 6/26/2015

LegFi has changed the way my fraternity works when it comes to payments. Not only does it make dues collections simple, but it also makes donations simple as well. Alumni don't always enjoy sending in cash, LegFi simplifies that; by having a charge of $100 (for an alumni event), Legfi makes it easy for alumni to put in their contribution and know exactly where it is going (Straight into our fraternities bank account). In the eyes of my chapter, LegFi has made us feel more advanced, more secure, and more reliable than ever.

Andrew

Solid and Reliable, Difficult to Navigate

Reviewed on 6/26/2015

LegFi excels at record keeping/account management. Members can easily pay online, and administrators can easily keep track and update profiles accordingly. There is, however, a bit of learning curve when first operating the site. Some functions are complex and a challenge to process at first; for example, creating events and recording payments for those who pay in person is confusing. Also, removing incorrect charges or payments is difficult and usually fixed by adding additional payments to simply balance out a user error. This may result in discrepancies between LegFi online records and actual records.

Matthew

• Customer Support Software

My fraternity just recently implemented this software and so far it has been great.

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

The pros of having LegFi are that all of he financials are so much more organized and put together however one of the major cons is that it is hard to mass text or communicate with members. Before LegFi, my fraternity used ChapterSpot which had a number that allowed users could text to mass message the rest of the members and that was much easier than going on the internet to mass message. However the internet system for mass messaging also didn't seem to work for us at times so it would be ideal for LegFi to implement some sort of mass texting system somewhat similar to ChapterSpot's.

John

• Customer Support Software

Not very user friendly, but very useful for collections.

Reviewed on 6/26/2015

The pros are the billing and collections ease. The cons with the software are all the added features, very hard to use and difficult to figure out. Also, I like the phone calls and emails for collection support. With the emails I wish there was one less strong than the first email to send out, almost like a reminder that they are past due ( a couple day ) or that I can send the week of due or day of due. Also, I wish there were more than just Admin setting and member. Something to include would be acess for other Vice Presidents to use the calendar or tickets or things like that, but not be able to access the charges pages and billings. Lastly, the budget builder is not user friendly. Very difficult to use to I prefer to not use it. I would like to take everything to LegFi but right now I just use excel for those. Maybe changing those and/or adding a projections of profit and expenses for the whole year or a semester by semester versus month by month would be great.

Steve

• Customer Support Software

LegFi has really helped us improve our process of of billing and collecting member payments

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

LegFi has helped us add discipline to our process of assessing chapter dues and housebills. We have more immediate visibility to payments and ability to track who is later or has outstanding balances.

I like the ability to easily add changes, especially late payment fees or interest. We have also engaged their collections services for assistance when we are not able to collect ourselves.

We also use is for alumni contributions and have a link to their site embedded on our chapter website.

Collin

• Customer Support Software

Great having a system where you can organize every financial aspect of a fraternity

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

The ease of use paired with the excellent services provided by the representatives has made my experience with LegFi wishing my fraternity had used it earlier. I also didn't have to worry about the original set up as LegFi did it all for me, leaving me to only notifying the parents/brothers of the convenience in the billing/payment system from in-person to online. It is also very easy for the external users (parents/brothers) to use as well.

Les

A Definite Improvement

Reviewed on 6/26/2015

We've been happy with the move to the LegFi system. It provides us with better controls over cash collections; provides the Alumni Volunteer Corp with better visibility into the status of collections within the Chapter and with better internal controls. The only negatives I would have relate to reporting. The standard menu driven reports could be improved; by consulting with an accountant.

Alex

• Customer Support Software

Great experience overall. Customer service is fantastic along with the ease of use and the...

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

Website is very easy to use in the first place which makes it easy on both sides. Only con comes from some of the display for late fee, as it is sometimes confusing, and for the deadlines as people struggle to remember if the deadline is at midnight that day or 11:59 pm. Customer service is great which really adds and helps to the use of the website

Matt

Chapter Treasurer

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

The software is very easy to navigate and manage. Makes contacting members/alumni as simple as clicking a button. I am new to the administrative side of LegFi, and have been able to quickly learn the program and how I can use it to help me and my members. The site is well organize and very easy to use.

Henry

Some design flaws

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

the budgeting application is unfortunate. I wish you could delete the subcategories to make the reports better looking. Also have the ability to charge under different categories so that if you were to view one it would only have dues charges and another would only have t-shirt charges.

Hugh

• Customer Support Software

Legfi has been great for my chapter

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

I really enjoy the ease with which I can view and create charges. It has helped keep everything organized. At times the servers can be a little slow, but usually it's not a problem. My organization has really benefitted from using Legfi over the past few years.

Nathan

Overall good experience.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

Pros: easy to use, sends emails to remind people, helps in getting payments from people,

Cons: does not send me emails to remind me when people should be paying (i.e. payment plan dates), charges for credit cards, no American express

Ian

• Customer Support Software

Our chapter uses LegFi as a fraternity billing and collections service.

Reviewed on 6/26/2015

Legfi is very convenient for all members of our organization. It is easy to use, and clearly illustrates the chapters collections and billings. I would highly recommend it to other chapters/organizations.

Hunter

• Customer Support Software

This software does a good job at helping keep our chapter's finaces in order and it's easy to...

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

This software is easy to use once you figure it out. It may be the responsibility of the chapter to teach a new treasurer how to use legfi. However a tutorial for new users would be very beneficial.

Keegan

• Customer Support Software

It has been extremely user friendly.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016

Makes collecting payments and billing extremely basic. The customer service is great so if something doesnt make sense they clear it up right away and even will do it for you!

Karim

useful and easy

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

Pros/ great account manager, easy navigation on the website, all around not much to complain about because if you have a problem someone will try and help you