PayHOA

Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Keigh

• Customer Support Software

Best Customer Support Ever!

Reviewed on 2022-07-12

Our overall experience with PayHOA has been great. They are very supportive, and are always open to hearing our suggestions. Utilizing PayHOA has saved our small HOA over $3K this year alone.

Pros

Our small HOA decided to become self-managed in late 2021. After lots of research, we decided to go with PayHOA, and I am so glad we did! While our initial data entry was a little difficult due to my lack of an accounting background, the customer support team was awesome. They spent so much time answering my questions and helping correct my mistakes. They were always cheerful, helpful, and caring. I could not have made it through without their ongoing, constant help. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were two of the support team I dealt with most, but the entire team was outstanding. For this reason alone I would especially recommend PayHOA for a volunteer group such as ours with little to no accounting background.

Cons

There were no clear-cut instructions on what should be entered first, which caused me some double work. However, for someone with a background in accounting, this would probably be apparent and not be a problem.

Irene

• Customer Support Software

The best software for our HOA

Reviewed on 2021-05-20

I have not had any problems. I wish the staff was available with a phone call like before but I realize that Covid has changed many things in our lives.

Pros

I like the fact that I can check it daily to see which homeowners have paid. The new feature to deposit paper checks is very exciting because I hate to go to the bank. The staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always answers my questions by email and when needed I set up a Zoom meeting.

Cons

I wish we could get some type of online fundraising but this is not critical. I would also like a way to add monthly interest to the invoice without having to create another invoice. Also, if an HOA billboard where we could have a community newsletter displayed for the homeowners would be nice.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to PayHOA

The software seemed easy to use and affordable.

Response from Pay HOA

Irene,

Thanks for the review -- I'm really glad PayHOA has been a success for your community! I'll talk with our dev team to see if we can add a fundraising component to the platform!

Randy

A good start for a management solution

Reviewed on 2019-05-08

I inherited PayHOA from a previous board who did not make sound business decisions. If this system were not in place when I joined the board of directors, I would not adopt it. This solution does not meet the needs of our HOA. However, there would be more pain on my part to transition to something else, so we will continue to use it.

Pros

I like the electronic Invoice feature and the ability for members to pay via card, via debit of account or by offline check. I also like the unified message center that maintains a history of emails to members and tracks if an email has been viewed

Cons

I did not like the difficult task of applying interest on unpaid balances. It was difficult to show the open balance carried forward while adding a late fee on open balance. Printing an account history was a work around, but even this document needed modification as not to imply that the interest charge was the only outstanding balance.

Response from Pay HOA

Hi Randy,

I'm very sorry to hear that the platform is not meeting your expectations. I'm happy to jump on a call to better understand the issues you're having and create a solution for you. I'll reach out directly to schedule a meeting.

Bradley
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

PayHOA Saved the Day

Reviewed on 2022-06-02

Everything was previously done on paper. Having board members that are not on site was an issue and now communication is a lot easier. I'm future proofing things for new board members are they rotate in and taking away previous pains of collecting dues and tracking concerns amongst owners.

Pros

I like how simple things are and easy to maintain. Support is stellar and they help guide you in the right direction.

Cons

Having the ability to receive inbound SMS would be great. It's not a deal breaker but that's one thing that would improve things. I think more features or workflows towards processing old information would be an awesome improvement. I have years of data related to expenses and owners that will take time moving over.

Quickbooks Online and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to PayHOA

Pricing, ease of use and learning curve. Using new software can be scary or intimidating. This particular software was easy for me to dive right into and will be even easier to teach other board members.

Response from Pay HOA

Bradley,

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate you!

David
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Self Managed HOA

Reviewed on 2019-05-09

Not all residents participate in the meetings but are nonetheless expecting to be made known the happenings of the HOA. Since we are self-managed, the software has been able to increase the ability for the board to communicate more effectively with the members.

Also the members having their own account and portal to pay online is a huge time saver in accounting. It also gets them more involved.

Pros

The best part of the software is the simple UI with the abundance of features need to self manage a small single family HOA with less than 100 units, all in one place. It has and will continue to greatly improve communication and ease accounting tasks. The technical support when I have run into some bugs has been as I expect, outstanding. THe ability to download CSV files is awesome.

Cons

The software has had some bugs with the PDF mailer and identical transactions being deleted. It also needs some accounting reports which are downloadable in formatted version and not just .CSV files; something immediately presentable to a person. The UI in Violations is not quite clear that there is a process; create, submit, and then resolution.

Wild Apricot and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to PayHOA

PayHOA was smart to combine the best parts of alternative products into one creating a single source partner for the association .

Response from Pay HOA

David,

Thanks for the review and the really helpful feedback! We are about to release an updated reporting module that will provide additional accounting reports and PDF versions of each! We appreciate your business!

Don
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Outstanding customer relations and assistance

Reviewed on 2022-05-26

With limited experience and all of the assistance that the PayHoa staff provides, it is difficult to come up with any negitive responses.

Pros

This program is very thorough and easy to assimilate with minimum time involved. For our concerns of a small HOA (116 units) PayHoa is exactly what fits our budget and resources for information.

Cons

Have not experienced any glaring negatives. Suppoet staff is exceptional in their assistance.

Response from Pay HOA

Don,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you!

Brian

Top Tier for HOA management

Reviewed on 2022-06-10

Pros

Ease of use. They have created everything to manage your HOA. Always coming out with new features. They are always there to help with problems or issues as well.

Cons

They always continue to listen to feedback and update their software.

Response from Pay HOA

Brian,

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate your business!

James
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Total Confidence Recommending this Product

Reviewed on 2022-06-09

Outstanding! We were able to use the free trial to load all of our information and now we are ready to go live

Pros

Easy straight forward system. Great how to videos!

Cons

There were really NO issues:) Hands down the Best out of the box software I have ever used

Response from Pay HOA

James,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your business!

Harry B.

Not a satisfied customer

Reviewed on 2020-05-20

Onboarding was horrible. Tutorial was easy to follow.

Pros

Affordability, however you pay for what you get.

Cons

Cancelation on their pdf mailer. They say you have 5min to cancel, however there is no option for you to cancel as the user. So, if I'm working late I need to make sure that I wait the following day to contact them just in case I need to cancel. And that's if they pick up due to the coronavirus. Unfortunately, I have already committed with my HOA to this software. If that wasn't the case I would go to tops.

Response from Pay HOA

Hi Harry,

I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our customer support team and our platform.

I do see that you emailed us to cancel a PDF mailer the day after it was initiated. Unfortunately, our mailer already had the job in production and could not cancel it. I'll make sure we add some language to the confirmation page to make it clearer that submissions are final.

We are looking at other direct mailers that offer more flexibility for cancellation, but it's a difficult balance because our clients also want their mailers put in the mail as quickly as possible and cancellation windows slow that process.

I see that we offered a $150 credit to your account to help offset the inconvenience. I am happy to work with you to make sure you are made whole and I hope that you will give PayHOA another chance to show our value. Feel free to email me directly at [email protected] to discuss further.

James

treasurer

Reviewed on 2022-02-24

good produce with good people to communicate with in sorting out learning the system

Pros

easy entry, simple sheets, nice reports produced

Cons

I still need to call in on a number of issues to properly enter data, but it's getting easier

Samuel

• Customer Support Software

Give PAYHOA a shot for community management. You will be hooked. Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2020-05-21

My overall experience has been Amazing. PAYHOA offers great value, wonderful customer service, and support, and the overall ease of use makes this a no-brainer. I did vast amounts of research for Community Management software and we are very pleased we selected PAYHOA. We plan to use them for a long time to come. Thanks again to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for always being available to help when we have a question!

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to efficiently communicate to residents of an HOA. This software has made managing an HOA so much easier for us. You get great, personalized service and speedy responses to all of your questions. You never feel like you are left alone to figure it out by yourself.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has made this system much less intimidating by being there every step of the way to help if we have questions. People like her make this software worth it!

Cons

This is seldom a problem, but I have noticed that the system can run slow on certain days. I feel like the violation process could be streamlined as well if there was a mobile version so you could record violations in real-time while out on inspections. It would be great to be able to upload photos instantly.

Response from Pay HOA

Sam,

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and your feedback!

Bessy
  • Industry: Management Consulting

PAYHOA Will Be the Best HOA Management Software

Reviewed on 2021-04-06

PAYHOA has been awesome from the beginning. We love the software and the price! Can't be beat!

Pros

We love this software!
Built to do everything in one place. Communication, account management, accounting, document storage, budget management, viewing units, classifying property, you name it! If it doesn't do it yet, the developer is working on it. We've been using it a little over 6 months and in that time there have been updates, changes to the layout to improve it, accounting capabilities it didn't have 6 months ago. This part is excellent. This means it'll go big VERY soon. Natalie, a customer service rep is excellent. She will help you in any way she can and she always makes sure, you really want to do want you say you want to do. The communication module includes robo calls, texting, email and even USPS options to mail documents and invoices for you for a buck. NONE of the other management software offer that!

Cons

The accounting portion of the software isn't as robust as the rest, but they're working on it! It's a young company and we believe in them. They'll get it done and done right!

Matthew

Great for Self Managed HOA's

Reviewed on 2019-09-04

This so far has been a great one stop shop to manage our HOA with ease

Pros

I am the president of our HOA for about 65 homes and we recently decided to move to a self managed HOA. I participated in free trials for almost every major product available on Capterra. Without a doubt, PayHOA's interface was the easiest to learn and sell to the other board members. We have identified a few bugs in the system, but working with support has been a breeze in getting them fixed. It really seems like the tool is being improved on a regular basis. This is not some tool that was created and is just sitting back collecting dust. It's a very interactive and powerful tool that gives you just about anything you can think of. And if it's not there, the support team listens to ideas to see if it can be implemented. So far our community has welcomed this upgrade and it has allowed the Board to easily support our residents with less time than it did managing our management company.

Cons

The financial tools and reporting requires some work. I'm sure our Bank's outdated online banking system is a big factor in this. There are also many free online tools that can help cover any ground that this tool misses. I also feel that the online payment fees are not competitive either. It would be nice if there was a way to link your banks system to this to avoid these charges...

Response from Pay HOA

Matt,

Thank you for the review! I really appreciate the feedback you've provided -- it really helps us to continue improving the product!

Anne

One Stop Management

Reviewed on 2019-05-16

After “interviewing” a few companies, PayHOA was by far the most friendly, informative, cost effective and user friendly program. I have a few communities that range from 50 doors up to 250+ doors and PayHOA has been able to fit our needs for all of them. The fees seemed to be very comparable to the other programs, so it all came down to how easy is this going to be to use? I didn’t want to ADD any more time than I was already spending on excel spreadsheet work. PayHOA has delivered on all that I was looking for. Customer Support is always quick and responsive, and if they can't help at that moment, the programming support turnaround hasn't been more than a business day. Very satisfied with this program!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and has all of the features that I was looking for.

Cons

I wish that the Financial reporting feature was a bit more form driven. Using the simplistic P&L that PayHOA contains, I have an easy work-around for the various needs of my HOA Board Reporting. This is a wish-list item for me - I'd love to be able to print out a GAAP acceptable Income Statement and Balance Sheet.

Response from Pay HOA

Anne,

Thank you for the review and really helpful feedback! We are about to release a reports upgrade that should solve the reports work around! I'll circle back with you as soon as it's live on the site!

Karen

PayHOA is awesome!

Reviewed on 2021-05-21

Pros

We selected PayHOA for management of our small HOA in an active adult community. Since our residents are all seniors, it was important that the interface was easy to use and the PayHOA system gives us that. The ability to have our residents see their accounts, submit requests for maintenance, landscape or architectural changes, make payments online is great. On the administrative side, our Board can send out broadcast emails, create surveys, create invoices and respond to requests easily. The support we have received throughout our set-up and release has been stellar.

Cons

The accounting reporting side of the PayHOA system has a couple issues, but again the support we have received has been great.

Condo Control and Wild Apricot

Reasons for Switching to PayHOA

Ease of use and user interface

Response from Pay HOA

Karen,

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business!

Martin
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

A user friendly, value packed and budget friendly option for HOA management

Reviewed on 2021-09-24

Very pleased. I began using it as my professional relationship with our paid management company deteriorated. They thought we would fold without their help. Thanks to this software, we got better at everything and saved a lot of money. It actually takes me less time to manage our HOA independently than it did using the management company.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. The software is pretty intuitive to learn, even for a novice in HOA management. The invoicing, payment, budgeting and reporting tools are powerful and simple to use and customer service is great.

Cons

There are minor frustrations here and there. Homeowners enrolling will sometimes create a new HOA with a similar name to ours instead of searching for and enrolling in our organization, which took me a while to figure out, but the more time I spend with the software, the more I like it.

Arthur

Promises Kept - Best HOA Software

Reviewed on 2021-05-21

The simplicity, reporting, and true turnkey solution to HOA software.

Pros

Our team absolutely loves PayHOA it is incredibly easy to implement. It is easy to use on the front end and back end. The support team is responsive and they are constantly innovating to make a great product even better.

Cons

My only gripe is that it will only allow me to work on one association at a time. Meaning if I switch association in one tab it will switch associations in all of my tabs.

Response from Pay HOA

Arthur,

Thank you for the review! We do have plans to make it easier to work on multiple associations at the same time! I'll keep you updated as we make progress!

DAVID
  • Industry: Accounting Software

PayHOA is Great

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

Pros

We have found that PayHOA has all the right tools for our small 41 unit HOA

Cons

It takes some time for our owners to get comfortable with using the product. Mainly because they are not use to using an on-line portal. The connection to our owners bank accounts to use the e-check feature needs a better explanation for how not do require a users login credentials to setup a bank account link

Response from Pay HOA

David,

Thank you for the review! Your comments regarding the e-check workflow are really helpful! I'll pass those along to our development team!

Dominick
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Great & easy to use, wonderful customer service

Reviewed on 2016-12-28

I had gotten a free trial of the program as treasurer of a fraternity. It is such an easy system to use that incorporates many different features in regards to collecting dues. My favourite part was the ability to use LegFi to send emails to members who weren't paying dues, acting as a collection agency. Keeping track of dues paid and due dates was very convinient, and they made it so you could see on your homepage what your organization's collections looked like. It was super easy to set up for me and for the members of my organization, and the workers at LegFi were there to help me through the whole way. I cannot stress how wonderful the customer service was. I had an issue and called the phone number and was able to speak directly to the president. He was extremely understanding, courteous, and very helpful. These are really down to earth people who want to help your organization, financials and beyond. If you are an organization looking to utilize a financial collections service, I would have no reservations in recommending LegFi

Pros

Ease of use, customer service

Cons

Spotty service, sometimes the website was down, but it didn't really create an issue for me as I could just try again later

Khue

• Customer Support Software

Good for basic property management, not good for accounting

Reviewed on 2022-05-22

We have a small HOA that is self-managed, needed a platform to manage online payments, online communications, and other tasks. PayHOA fulfills basic functions like online payments, online communications, and online notifications. But the accountings features are not very good, I had to build my own xcel tracking to verify our income vs. expenses for taxes and audits--couldn't rely on the platform to give us accurate reports.

Pros

The online payment feature is great. Online communications features are also great.

Cons

The accounting software built into the platform is horrible. We have to do yearly taxes and audits for our HOA. When I tried to pull the yearly financial reports from PayHOA, I often found multiple errors in the transactions. Experimented with multiple ways to pull the financial info from the system, but none of it was very accurate. Had to build my own xcel tracking to confirm our income vs. expenses.

Response from Pay HOA

Hi Khue,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the kind words about our payment and communication tools.

I had one of our accounting experts review your transaction ledger and G/L. All of the numbers are correct, but they noticed an issue with the way transfers were being coded by your bookkeeper in the system. I'm sending you a private message now.

Hilary

Great Value, Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019-05-08

The staff is very responsive to our questions. They are doing a great job of prioritizing our feature requests and making little tweaks to the system that improve the user experience.

Pros

The software was very easy to implement. PayHOA uploaded all our data smoothly. This software package had the functionality we wanted. We love that we can receive online payments and send mailings directly to our residents via this software.

Cons

There are times when the software seems to lag. Response time when using a smart phone is a bit slow.

Response from Pay HOA

Hilary,

Thank you for the review! We've been working behind the scenes to speed up the mobile views and you should see an increase in the next 30 days! We appreciate the really helpful feedback!

Derek

Legacy Financial (LegFi) Customer Review

Reviewed on 2015-06-25

I am the treasurer of me fraternity at Michigan State University and we just wrapped up our first semester using your service. We decided to employ your product for a couple key reasons. We wanted the collection support, the ability to pay charges online, and the tax help the you provide through file990.org.

Bad News first:
You failed to have the proper tax form on your website. I called numerous times between mid March and when our taxes were due in mid May. Time and time again I was assured that the form would be provided prior to tax day, but unfortunately it never was. Luckily, one of the brothers is an had just completed an internship at Grant Thornton, otherwise I would have been helpless. To be blunt, we feel like we wasted money on a service that couldn't deliver. Furthermore, your software doesn't provide enough tools, especially the budget builder. We budget on a semester -by-semester basis and I just don't have enough freedom to build a functional budget based on our needs with the current version.

Now the good news:
For the most part, your customer service was exceptional. Every call was informative and the operators did a fine job assisting me to the best of their abilities.

General tips:
- Get file990.org running more smoothly. This is one of the primary reasons why fraternities employ your service and it needs to be functional if we are to continue to do so.
- Finalize this update that your customer service told me about. He shared his screen to give me a peek at the beta and I was impressed. The earlier you get this out before fall semester begins the better.

In conclusion, our first semester with Legfi wasn't exactly smooth sailing but there is certainly potential for improvement. Hope this review is helpful.

Response from Pay HOA

Thank you for the feedback. We are always working hard to improve the customer experience and I'll take these notes directly to our tech team.

Alex
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Legfi Review

Reviewed on 2017-02-24

Honestly legfi kinda sucked. The only thing it was good for was ease of tax reporting. Otherwise it was a pain to keep balances up to date and often they would go negative for no apparent reason and overall was just a hassle. I would keep track of due payments on my own and moved people away from paying on the website due to high credit card fees while other vendors have lower fees. Even venmo is free for P2P transfers, not sure why this was not an option with legfi.

Pros

The ease of tax reporting

Cons

The difficulties in keeping balances up to date along with system glitches and high credit fees.

Response from Legacy Financial

Hi Alex,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on LegFi. I would love to hop on a quick call to understand a little more about what was happening with your balances going negative.

Unfortunately, we can't offer person to person transfers because your chapter is a nonprofit corporation with an EIN. I would be very careful running the chapter's revenue through a personal account, as it opens you up to tremendous tax and personal liability. If you'd like to discuss further, I would love to continue the conversation via email or phone.

Founder | LegFi.com
[email protected]
859-309-3640

Iris

Board President

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

We collect homeowners association fees, the intuitive system allows us to obtain data and monitor expenses and communicate with owners. The Board loves it!

Pros

The most great experience was the service during our transition to the new portal. The system ease of use, real time, and features with several options are available are secondary.

Cons

Not applicable, new features are on the horizon.

Response from Pay HOA

Hi Iris,

Thank you for the review! I'm glad your Board and association members are finding PayHOA helpful!

Samuel

• Customer Support Software

I am quite happy with the product however I still think further tweaking is needed in the UI...

Reviewed on 2015-06-25

Pros: The customer service is great. Very timely responses.

Cons: There are great features that I still do not know how to use. I would recommend improving your tutorial session or making a formal tutorial video showing how to access all of the great features instead of having to email your company rep every time I want to learn how to use a new feature.

Also, selecting members to apply specific charges to is very difficult. The UI seems quite outdated and limited. Additionally, adjusting charges and retracting charges seems unnecessarily difficult and there have been times that I have tried to credit people back and it will not let me take off charges since they have already paid off a specific charge.

Overall, it is a big step up from where we were before using LegFi. I just think it can be made with more intuitive features and have a better UI.