Admation

Marketing & ad agency project management tool

3.5 /5 (196 reviews) Write a Review!

Ben C.

• Customer Support Software

A powerful tool for tracking artwork submission and approvals.

Reviewed on 2017-09-26

I can see what my jobs are and importantly what their job numbers are so I can track the artwork down from the server. I can also find relevant material to a job assuming the client has remembered to upload anything.

Pros

1. You can see where all your current jobs are, what their job numbers are and if they have been reviewed and or approved.
2. The preview is fast.
3. Great for tracking progression of a job.
4. The Admation team bring out regular improvements to the software.

Cons

1. It involves too many steps to upload a single piece of artwork.
2. It generates a different job number for every element of a campaign, if you have 60 pieces of artwork you have 60 different job numbers for one campaign. Surely the description of the file dictates the difference without the need for seperate job numbers.
3. Overly complicated at times.
4. Markups to PDF's are very messy. Shame it doesn't use Acrobat to markup.

Response from Automaton

Hi Ben,
Thank you for providing us with your constructive feedback.
We acknowledge the problems your are experiencing which is why we'd like to schedule a call with you so that our support team can discuss each point of issue in detail.
We love to see the positive responses regarding admation and we hope to continue this through our regular product feature releases. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

• Customer Support Software

Admation is excellent for retrieving old work but terrible for it's job numbering system

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

It's got better but still takes a lot of steps to carry out a simple upload, it logs you out to quickly and and it doesn't save PDF's but rather jpegs of PDF's for markups so you cannot read fine detail like the previous job number on a piece of artwork.

Pros

I can see all the jobs I have worked on over several years.

Cons

The job numbers should be alpha numeric, they number by itself is close to useless.

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad to hear you've been enjoying the recent improvements to the system. I'll have a chat to our UX team about ironing out a few of those extra steps with artwork uploads.

There have been a few requests around PDF document functionality for deliverables containing lots of copy, so I'll add your requests into this particular task for review.

Your feedback's been really helpful! If there's anything else you'd like to suggest, please don't hesitate to email your thoughts through to [email protected]n.com!

Happy Productivity!

Maria A.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

User Feedabck

Reviewed on 2019-09-23

Can take it or leave it.

Pros

Hard to say , nothing really stands out as a wow feature for me.

Cons

1. I cannot download a word version of my document from the software! Marking up a pdf is so much more time consuming (and has less functionality) than marking up a word version and not everyone has the version of Adobe to allow them to edit a pdf. Often the reviewers are not necessarily those who actually have access to the software, therefore it is a waste of time for me to mark up someone else's changes within the software rather than uploading a marked up word version as an attachment to an email (which is what I've done lately) (ie when the Chairman often wants to make changes himself)

2. If I make changes to a document and then submit my changes, there is no functionality to amend or add further changes to the same document, prior to the team picking up the job.

3. The view functionality is not great, when you zoom in and make the text larger, you lose resolution very quickly.

4. One team member accused me of not including her on emails within the software, however I had done so. Not sure if there is an issue with the email within the software...

5. It can be confusing to navigate at times.

Response from Automaton

Hi Maria,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation. We're sorry to hear that you're having a less-than-great experience with us so far. Let's hope that we can turn this around for you!

It sounds like you could really benefit from using our "Forward for Approval" feature in the system. You can use this feature to send documents to non-admation users. They can leave their feedback on documents and send it back to you, before you pass everything back to design. We have recently introduced Word document support for approvals too! We'd love you to email our support team via [email protected] if you'd like more information on this.

We're also looking at arranging a follow-up training / workshop with your company to cover off any of those questions you may have about the system. Let us know if that's something you'd be interested in attending and I'll make a note for Helen to add you to the invite list!

Romina T.

Account Executive

Reviewed on 2017-01-08

I now love Admation as it is a program that both the creative team and I find helpful when trying to get projects across swiftly. At the beginning, I struggled with the use of the program; I couldn't find functions and commands, but I slowly started to get the hang of things.
There is one thing that I constantly still struggle with. Creatives cannot see my message after I have approved artwork. I usually thank them (and sometimes ask them to high res the file I have approved). After several rounds of amends, it would be nice to have them see my message and next step to finalize the artwork. Thanks for the awesome program!

Pros

the fact that my colleagues love the program as well. makes things easier.

Cons

As explained before, creatives cannot see my message after artwork has been approved.

Response from Automaton

Hi Romina,

We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying using admation to manage your creative team. It's great that you've found your feet within the system, but I'll definitely pass those comments back to the UX team regarding a first time user!

Are you able to provide us with a given job number for instances where creatives are failing to see your messages? I'd love to get our support team involved in this if the issue is still a regular occurrence.

Are you able to email through a quick summary of your issue as well as the job number through to [email protected]? Let's see if we can help iron this one out for you!

Timothy B.

• Customer Support Software

Slow servers result in delayed response, clunky systems

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

It's a frustrating system and is hard to work with. Wish there was more customisation of briefs and proof review/approval process.

Pros

Not a whole lot. The customer service our team is provided is good, but the system itself is generally cumbersome and frustrating to work with.

Cons

Asset creation is clunky, there is no way to edit the way briefs populate, servers are constantly non responsive and slow.

Response from Automaton

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with briefs. However, you'll be pleased to know that briefs created in admation are customisable. I'd recommend talking to your team about what specific changes you'd like to make and we could definitely look into pushing those changes through for you.

If there are any additional issues that keep popping up or if you have any suggestions on improving the platform, please don't hesitate to email our support team at [email protected] and we can get those things noted down for you.

Samantha at Admation

Kim M.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Banking on help

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

It's made compiling a brief to our design team much easier and this really helps in getting back designs that we would like to utilise.

Pros

It's improved the briefing process immensely. It also makes it easier to track my jobs and where I am at with work on the go.

Cons

When there are changes we often find out as we are using it rather than be give a heads-up or tips on how to get the best from it. Regular updates to ensure we get the best from Admation would help.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kim,

I'm really glad to hear that admation is adding value to your team's workflows! Thanks for your feedback!

We currently post our release notes on our Help website, which can be accessed from your account under Help > Training Content.

We can also arrange for you to receive periodic emails when these releases are launched. They usually include use case examples and video detailing how to use new features. Would you be interested in receiving these? Please email us via [email protected] to let us know.

Happy productivity,

Jaeda T.

Not User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019-01-22

Pros

I like the notifications that are given by the software and the fact that you can track projects.

Cons

I do not like how it is integrated with e-mail and how there are a number of functions that are not used and make the process difficult to use.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jaeda,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like you have a few ideas to pass onto us though! We'd really like to hear your suggestions for improvement. Are you able to email these through to [email protected]? We'd love to make the process a lot easier for you to use. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cassie W.

Good Features, Not Quite There Yet

Reviewed on 2019-01-16

Pros

I like that you are able to use this tool for reviewing creative assets. I like that there can be different approval levels and your home screen has everything you need at a glance.

Cons

The features people need are there with Admation, however it is not very user friendly. Its very clunky and doesn't have the best work flows.

Response from Automaton

Hi Cassie,

Thanks so much for your review of admation. We're glad that you're enjoying the different approval levels in the system. The Dashboard really is a great tool too, isn't it!

I've passed your comments back to the UX team for review. Your comments have been really helpful. Hopefully we can use your suggestions to help to improve the overall user journey within the system!

Rosie J.

• Customer Support Software

Efficient way to work with agencies and mark up files.

Reviewed on 2017-10-06

Pros

I receiving the notifications! Because usually you're awaiting on a job so it's great to be notified when it's ready for review in the system.

Cons

Sometimes once I've approved something and I'm searching for it after a period of time I have issues finding it. And also the mark up tool. I never use it. I always download, PDF comment and re upload.

Response from Automaton

Hi Rosie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! It's great that you're finding value from our email notifications.

It sounds like you might benefit from using our filter function to search for items. If they are past projects, it's possible that they may have been moved to your Ad Storage. You can also use filters under that screen to locate older files!

We're sorry to hear that you're not using the mark up tools. Is there anything you feel that we can improve on here?

We look forward to hearing back from you with your suggestions.

Sarah W.

• Customer Support Software

Nice idea, but too many bugs

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

Better than marking up on paper for record keeping and the environment, but it's slower and more complicated. The archive search function is not efficient enough to use this as one's main catalogue.

Pros

ability to forward to groups and have multiple feedback comments visible
PDFs with markups good for records

Cons

Ease of use - slow, clunky, buggy
unwanted jobs cluttering approvals folder, and cannot delete them
Text is an image only and selection tools are not the correct shape for line-line highlighting, so not good for copy editing

Response from Automaton

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the forwarding and markup functionality within the system.

We're sorry to hear about your cluttered approvals screen though! There is a fix to the approvals screen that's coming out in this release, but sometimes a cluttered approvals screen is the result of failing to approve or request changes on an item. IF you're still experiencing issues with this, please don't hesitate to email [email protected] for assistance.

We'll keep an eye on those speed issues you mentioned and I'll definitely pass that feedback to the team around the enhancements to the markup tools.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Mimi L.

Admation review

Reviewed on 2019-09-20

it's not a bad program to use, it would great if there was a 2 way chat on this program

Pros

easy to access from e-mail that's sent by marketing coordinator

Cons

No other training apart from the first training we had. No customer support to go to

Response from Automaton

Hi Mimi,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation, and what great timing as well! We've recently had a chat to Amy B from your other team to look into a follow-up training session! If you'd like to participate, I'd recommend sending through a note to Amy expressing your interest!

For troubleshooting within the system, we have an in-house dedicated support team located in Melbourne and we're available from 8AM - 6PM Monday to Friday to assist you wherever you need it! Please don't hesitate to get in touch via [email protected] if you ever get stuck!

We're currently rewriting our How To Guides. We'll let you know once these updated guides have been launched. But in the meantime, all current guides are accessible in your admation account under Help > Training Content. There's also a Custom Documentation tab featuring videos from our first session with you.

Please do let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist!

Carmen R.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Not a satisfying product

Reviewed on 2019-09-19

As above

Pros

It is not a user friendly product. I don't like it.

Cons

Having worked in the advertising and design industry throughout my career, admation is the the least user friendly software I have ever experienced. I have found this software time very consuming with the numerous steps and processes involved to communicate and proof to clients and the lack of keeping jobs in a systematic manner and status is very confusing. It is a slow program, inefficient and does save staff productive time. In fact it consumes more time than using gmail or the alike to contact, proof clients and to click on menus etc. I would not not recommend this program.

Response from Automaton

Hi Carmen,

Thank you for taking the time to review admation. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us.

Admation's proofing tool is built to enhance transparency across different the teams in your organisation. So whilst there may be a few more steps to set things up, our clients often appreciate the added transparency around approvals, the compare functionality to reduce conflicting feedback for designers and the auditing capabilities for managers.

To assist with your workflow in particular you may notice various options to sort or filter projects from the projects menu which can be handy to use. And if you're using Supply Deadlines, I personally like using the Lane View to view my projects!

I have sent you a copy of my email address with this comment. Please feel free to respond if you would like me to provide a few tips on using our status bars and alternative project views.

I really hope to hear from you soon!

Samantha at admation

Emma G.

towards satisfaction

Reviewed on 2019-01-03

Keeping an audit trail on published content and making sure all content goes through appropriate sign off.

Pros

Its very effective audit trail for business'es publishing content.

Cons

It functionality remains clunky and the user interface could be improved by being cleaner and more intuitive.

Response from Automaton

Hi Emma,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback. I've had a chat to the UX team about the intuitiveness around the system. We've recently welcomed a new UX Developer who's dedicating some time to cleaning up the admation interface over the coming months. If any specific suggestions spring to mind, please don't hesitate to email [email protected] so that we can document and record those issues for you!

Miguel L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

FTO Champion

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

I realized that document management was easy, however I would expect that has a clear flow about the approvers, even when I'am adding new files (versions).

I would like it has a tutorial bout a better usage, It has several tolos, but I don know all.

Pros

I like the visibility to all the projects, I can check the status.

Cons

At begining this year I can not Upload the Excel and Word documents, due had a long tittle name. It was a nightmare :(
I need ony google Chrome to enter

Response from Automaton

Hi Miguel,

Thanks so much for your suggestions for improvement around document management! We're glad that you're now able to upload excel and word documents with ease.

I've passed your suggestions back to the team for review. Do you envisage the pending document reviews resembling the pending artwork approval view?

We're also in the final stages of launching our updated help centre. We'd love to hear your thoughts on this once it's launched.

Sean W.
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

I think the program works well with some things, but I cannot easily search.

Reviewed on 2017-10-03

A central/robust repository for sign off

Pros

It has the information contained in 1 spot and is a good model for providing sign off/review for marketing material.

Cons

The ability to mark up changes and monitor all changes.
Also, it has recently changed the 'decline' and 'upload' functionality. This may be more me that the software, but I can't tell

Response from Automaton

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback!

So sorry to hear about your experience with the search functionality. If there's anything specific that we can either add or enhance for you, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Please email your suggestions through to [email protected]! Thanks.

Toby F.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019-01-04

Pros

It opens a communication channel between internal stakeholders of our business and our external creative agency that would generally not connect and allows for greater context to be given in regard to creative feedback

Cons

The inability to lock users out from making markups or comments after a deadline has proved frustrating, and the software can sometimes operate slowly.

Response from Automaton

Hi Toby,

So glad to hear that you're enjoying the platform!

I'll make a note of that feature request to lock users after a deadline elapses. Thanks for your suggestion! I'm sorry to hear that it's been causing some trouble on your end. In the meantime, there's an organisation-wide setting that can be turned on from our end which you can use to manually lock a level once a deadline elapses.

I'd recommend speaking to our support team via [email protected] about your options. In your email, please mention 'Automatic Level Lock/Unlock For Manual' as the setting you're wishing to look into.

Let me know how you go!

Jessica J.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Review of Admation for nib

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

The platform is fulfilling the need in the business, but some small issues as outlined above are some cause for confusion. However, CSR is always happy to help and very thorough in providing the answers.

Pros

The dashboard is easy to use, displays are clear and the ability to send follow ups on reviews is great. CSR is always very helpful and responsive with any questions.

Cons

Things I would like improved: The ability to use Word docs in the platform - very clunky and hard to communicate to stakeholders.
Ability to approve with marked up changes - this is something that would save time for the stakeholders and the job briefer - sometimes it's just a small word change and then fine to go. If you make changes and approve currently, it won't notify you of the changes requested.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for taking the time out to review the platform. We really appreciate your feedback.

The easiest way to view documents in admation is via saving the files as PDFs. We've also recently introduced the functionality to allow you to mark up MS Word documents in the system directly! Hopefully this will improve your user experience considerably for you.

There is an option to conditionally approve an item within admation. I'd love to have a chat to you and your team about your options before turning it on. Let us know how you'd like to proceed by emailing us at [email protected]!

Ingrid R.

Admation

Reviewed on 2019-09-16

GREAT

Pros

Really brought structure to the deparment

Cons

does take a while to get into all features. Needs 1 person driving it

Response from Automaton

Hi Ingrid,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate the time you've taken to provide us with your feedback.

Glad that you're enjoying the additional structure around your approvals process! I hope that Anna enjoyed the recent training session too. If there's anything we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to email us via [email protected]

Nicole V.

• Customer Support Software

Good for establishing an audit trail and collaboration -- functionality a bit clunky

Reviewed on 2017-09-26

Pros

Being able to clearly see who has reviewed what and what stage a document is in in the approval process.

Cons

Difficult to leave comments and feedback. Confusion between 'approval', 'conditional approval', and 'changes'.

Response from Automaton

Hi Nicole,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We understand your frustration around this stage of the approval process. Our friendly Support Team will get in contact you with to try clear up the confusion between the three types of decisions. Admation also provides a range of training documentation in our HELP section that you may find useful. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

Mike T.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great Workflow

Reviewed on 2019-01-04

Pros

I really like the ability to have visibility to the teams progress via the dashboard.

Cons

The messaging system notifications have not bounce back to my email in some instances.

Response from Automaton

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for reviewing admation! We really appreciate your feedback and we're glad that you're enjoying the additional visibility around projects shown on the Dashboard screen.

It sounds really bizarre that you're missing message notifications from time to time. Next time this happens, I'd suggest emailing support via [email protected] to help troubleshoot this issue for you.

Wendy H.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Compare old and new with ease

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

The reporting or processing of individual pages seems a lot clearer to review.
Even when there are multiple users adding annotations, it prints with clear comments so nothing overlaps

Pros

I like the fact that you can position current and previous rounds side by side to see updates and corrections easily

Cons

I find the inbox is more complicated than it needs to be.
I just want to see one notification per event. Not one notification per individual page

Response from Automaton

Hi Wendy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback.
I've now scheduled in a time to chat about the inboxing platform with our product development and UX teams internally. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Jon S.

A great production tool

Reviewed on 2017-01-10

Admation helps streamline communication and increase workflow efficiency. I wish I already knew how to use all the functions and features!

Pros

Streamlines communication

Cons

Some features aren't very user friendly and at times the program becomes a bit confusing to navigate through for answers to questions.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jon,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback. We're glad that admation has helped to enhance communication within your role.

Our UX Team is always on the look out for new ways to help improve the customer experience for end-users. We're hoping to see a few of these changes launched before the end of the year for you!

Did you know that most of our development work is user generated? If you have any specific workflows or areas of navigation that you'd like to see streamlined or simplified in the platform, please don't hesitate to email these through to our support team via [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you!

Samantha at Admation.

Sam B.

Admation review

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

i enjoy the fact that everything is housed in one location and every project team member can gain access to up to date collateral.

Pros

I came from a company that had similar sign off processes but there wasn't a one stop shop where team members could submit and house all their collateral. i would reccomend admation to them.

Cons

i haven't come across an issue with admation yet.

Response from Automaton

Hi Sam,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying using the system as a 'one-stop-shop' for submitting and storing your marketing collateral!

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team if you ever require any assistance!

Samantha at Admation

Lisa H.

Admation Review

Reviewed on 2019-09-26

Pros

Ability to manage updates and changes.
Any of the designers can pick up changes.

Cons

Unable to access the platform when I am off network.

Response from Automaton

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! Your inability to access admation when you're off the network is related to your organisation's SSO settings. Unfortunately we can't do anything about this for you from our end. I would recommend chatting to your IT team if you require external access!

We're glad that you're enjoying the system overall. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to email [email protected]!

Shaun C.

It's not great

I'd rather not use it

Pros

Seeing a full list of projects, their start and end times.

Cons

It adds more steps to the process of sending and receiving creative, and I often get error messages.

Response from Automaton

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're very sorry to hear that you're having this experience with us, but perhaps we could make it better for you!

It sounds like you have a few suggestions for our submission manager page! If so, we'd love to hear from you. Please don't hesitate to email your suggestions through to [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you.