Admation

Marketing & ad agency project management tool

3.5 /5 (196 reviews) Write a Review!
3.5
3.2
3.1
3.6
Kathryn M.
  • Industry: Insurance

Admation review

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

I am slowly getting used to the Admation software and finding it ok. Overall I find it very busy, there is too much information which is unnecessary which makes it hard to use and understand. Its not a user friendly or intuitive platform and could be designed to be much more appealing to the eye.

Pros

Keeps a good record of all our partner sign offs.

Cons

Its not easy to edit, use and approve items. It requires more customisation to suit the business use or purpose of the software. It should be a system that is so intuitive that you don't require training like Pageproof, which is used by our white-label partner. It would be really helpful if you had business best practice for use, because the process is much bigger than just the platform i.e. file types used etc. which could be communicated through the platform.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! We hope that last week's group training session helped to alleviate most of your queries.

We'll definitely take your suggestions into account for future product development. We've recently welcomed a new UX Designer onto our team, who will be pushing a few more changes out onto the platform over the coming months, which we're very excited to see! We'll keep you in the loop as these changes take place!

In the meantime, you are welcome to email me directly for any other questions. Looking forward to catching up with you for our next session in 2 weeks!

Samantha at Admation

Good in theory

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

While including solid end-to-end workflows, Admation lacks in stability.

Pros

I enjoy the purpose built nature of the platform that works well with the workflows of creative teams.

Cons

The common bugs and glitches which stifle efficiency, and the constant logging out if you have more than one Admation tab open.

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation. We're sorry to hear that you've had this experience with us.

Admation requires one tab to remain open at a time. If you require more than one tab open, I would recommend using another browser or in-cognito window to get around this.

Let us know how you go!

Tui K.

So frustrating I usually just end up downloading file to view.

Reviewed on 2017-01-13

I use Admation to review/mark-up items other people have created and I find it a very frustrating tool. I usually end up downloading the whole file to see it properly even though I am only interested in 1 or 2 pages.
Should be able to download one or 2 pages rather than whole document.
The viewing pane is too small to read when item is full page. But then when you zoom in, the part of page you can see is too large and you cant see it in context. It should enlarge incrementally so you can just zoom a little bit if you need, or keep zooming the bigger you need it.
The viewing pane should take up more of the page, and the other parts should take up less of the page. When you zoom in the viewing pane should get bigger again.
You should be able to see multiple (at least 2) pages in the viewing pane at the same time.
Also when you press the zoom button it should automatically enlarge rather than you then having to click on the viewing pane.
I don't like that once you approve or decline you can not respond again. If it is still before dead-line time you should be able to go back in and mark-up again or change your initial mark-ups.
I don't like that you cant format the comments/mark-ups you make. Should at least be able to make bold or change text size.
When I add attachments markup comment nobody can see/access them.
From the dashboard home page I can not tell if I have actually responded to the request. I have to open and see if I have.
Thanks.

Response from Automaton

Hi Tui,

Thanks so much for your review of admation. I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations. Overall, there are some really great suggestions for improvement here. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

Let's try to improve on that zoom function for you. A few other notes:

At present, you can toggle between pages on the approvals view. The buttons are found at the bottom of the page! We keep it this way so that when you want to move into views like the Compare mode, the pages render correctly.

Approval/Changes are final we keep it this way to avoid human error from additional changes requested after designers start working on your initial changes.

Great suggestions about formatting text into account! I'll run it past the team for review.

Unfortunately I've run out of space to respond! Please don't hesitate to email [email protected] to share any other thoughts or suggestions you may have!

Sophie P.

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

It is a great tool when it works properly. It would be great to be able to bulk download artwork as currently we have to download individually which is very time consuming.

Pros

It keeps our artwork reviewing in one place.

Cons

There are quite often bugs when using it and i have to refresh and start again when using it.

Response from Automaton

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! It sounds like you might benefit from our cart feature to bulk download finalised artwork from our ad storage or asset library platforms. Please message our support team for assistance on using this feature via [email protected]!

It's strange that you're receiving bugs under certain workflows. It would be great if you could send through an email to our support team as soon as this error happens so that we can troubleshoot your issue as it happens!

Thanks again for your feedback! I hope that the support team can help to iron out a few of those issues for you!

Will G.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A great program for our business

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

Pros

Integrates well with our marketing flow, and allows us to mark up and review pages quickly and easily. The group edit features, and ability to share with stakeholders for feedback is invaluable. The ability to set deadlines, reminder, and mask/hide areas allows us to efficiently work through our projects.

Cons

The server can be a bit temperamental, sometimes resulting in error pages, which can lead to some work being lost. There is not an easy way to clean out items that were incorrectly sent to you for approval without choosing an option which may accidentally create more work.

Response from Automaton

Hi Will,

So glad to hear that you're enjoying using the system for markups and reviewing artwork in your business. It sounds like you're really utilising all of the features widely within your workflow, which is great!

I'd be interested to hear under what circumstances you're receiving these error messages. Next time one of those errors take place, it would be great if you could follow up with an email to [email protected] whenever these issues take place so that we can troubleshoot them for you!

I've taken note of your accidental submission issues and have added a task to our backlog so that our developers can start to consider options for this.

Thanks again, your feedback has been really useful!

Kelly D.

Admation Review

Reviewed on 2019-09-19

Pros

You can see the different revisions made

Cons

It's not intuitive / easy to use, unless it's explained to you. The search function for looking through projects could be better. You can't search by date for example.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying use of the Compare function in the system!

I'll definitely pass your comments back to the UX team for review. We're hoping to make a few tweaks over the coming months to address these usability issues you mentioned.

I'll also make a note about discussing the additional search functionality request internally for you too!

Stephanie A.
  • Industry: Media Production

AdMation Review

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

Pros

Being able to mark up ads with exact changes, instead of having to phrase it very carefully in an email. Much more efficient!

Cons

You can't make any further changes once you've submitted a first round of changes. Also that you can't amend your changes once you've submitted - as things may change last minute.

Response from Automaton

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad that admation is making work much for efficient for you within your role!

I completely understand that the final nature of Approving or Requesting Changes can be a blessing and a curse at times! We've had discussions around this internally, but we've decided to keep things as is to reduce the risk of human error that would otherwise result from having your designers review ever-changing comments within the system.

Post-approval comments risk becoming too easy to miss or overlook, and we feel this would be an absolute nightmare to manage across your teams!

Therefore, the best way to amend your comments post-approval/changes is to send through a message via the system requesting another revision. This way, your comments remain recorded in the system, and clear to the design team.

Please don't hesitate to email [email protected] for additional assistance wherever you need it!

Jarrah P.
  • Industry: Online Media

A winning review

Reviewed on 2017-01-10

Overall I enjoy using admation, it is an easy and effective way to manage creative feedback and approvals.
My only complaint really would be that it doesn't keep you logged in so multiple times I have opened up creative to review, come back to it after a meeting or approval meeting and typed up feedback only to hit submit and lose the feedback I've typed up because I have been logged out.

Pros

The ability to store the whole creative journey & feedback in one place.

Cons

It doesn't remember you or keep you logged in. It isn't as though this is online banking - I think the security could be relaxed.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jarrah,

Thanks so much for reviewing admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the ability to house creative work and feedback in the system!

I am aware of options to remember passwords in Chrome. However, for instances where you will be away from your computer for an extended period of time, I would recommend saving your comments before leaving your desk to avoid data loss!

If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to email our support team for further assistance.

Thanks so much!

Jessa S.

Admation works well

Reviewed on 2019-09-23

Overall, it has been a positive experience, it works well but has some issues that can be sorted to make it work better.

Pros

- tagging people in the comments
- selecting exactly what you require updated in the editing reviews
- receiving an email when something happens on your projects
- ease of communication

Cons

- confusion between asset library and ad storage
- only using on Google Chrome, does not work on Internet Explorer
- would prefer a list of "my projects" rather than recent projects on the front page of the dashboard
- some issues occur with uploads
- not being able to reply to your sent email to continue along the same thread.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jessa,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying communicating with your team using the platform.

Ad Storage is related to final advertisements that have been reviewed, approved and finalised in the system. The asset library usually includes things like logos, imagery etc that might form part of a final ad.

Recent projects refers to the last dozen or so items that you've clicked into on admation. Looking into your account, it looks like you have a permission level set to "View All Projects". In that case, it might help to use the filters under the In Progress list to search through your projects instead. I hope this helps to clear things up!

We'll definitely take your request on 'My Projects' for managers into account too. Thanks for this suggestion we really appreciate you providing feedback on ways to make the system better for all users!

The admation team.

Ease of use is great

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Makes our process a lot easier. Can be helpful with multiple users to get work done across the business.

Pros

Great for auditing, made it so simple and the UI is extremely well done and thought out so it's so easy to jump into it and get started without spending hours on trying to figure out next steps. So, bravo for a lot of UI/UX work done before bringing this to customers.

Cons

The lack of flexibility with uploading projects and files - it is clunky and slow to upload and keep organized. Can easily get frustrated with slow load time and time outs.

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback.

We're always looking to improve the user experience across the platform and we'd love to hear your thoughts around how to best improve the project and file uploads. Please feel free to send us an email via [email protected] to voice your thoughts. We look forward to hearing from you!

Leiah W.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Daily user

Reviewed on 2018-12-27

Its been mixed.
I work within a large organisation with a lot of sub companies.
I first started using the site while working for one of our companies, my role was to come in and iron out the issues of the site within our environment and get it up and running and implemented throughout our team.
We aborted the site as it was not suited to our very agile environment, and no one liked using it. A lot of complaints.
THEN i moved into one of our other sub companies where the system had already been adopted for 12 months. It works differently within this environment. There are still a lot of issues - some surprisingly should not even be on the site, and others which need addressing and fixing - the issues from our end appear that not a lot of thought into the workings within different environments have been considered in the programming stage.

Pros

There is great potential, but the site needs a lot of work to get to its full potential

Cons

There are too many alternate ways to do things rather than a simplified single way.

Response from Automaton

Hi Leiah,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your honest feedback.

I'll chat to our team about the benefits of streamlining the buttons around the general process (ie downloading items, submitting for approval, adding revisions etc). Your feedback has been really helpful!

If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to email [email protected] for more information! Thanks.

Jesse B.

mostly positive but its an extra step in our workflow

Reviewed on 2017-09-26

Pros

Audit trail is a great feature and assists in accountability and responsibility. Customer support is fantastic!!

Cons

Really clunky and too may clicks to get to the sections I need. Also would be good to have an 'are you sur' window to avoid mistaken uploads.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jesse,
It's great to hear that you've found our audit trail feature so beneficial.
Improving the usability of admation for our users is always at the forefront of our development and we hope we can improve on these aspects in our upcoming updates.
We really appreciate the feedback Jesse! Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

Mischa L.

Very easy to use and navigate

Reviewed on 2017-09-26

Pros

I like that I can provide feedback to selected people, or to all.
Clean and simple interface.

Cons

Zoom in and zoom out function could be an it better, instead of clicking the zoom butter, it would be good to have mouse zoom in and out

Response from Automaton

Hi Mischa,

We are so glad to hear that you find admation simple and easy to use, this is certainly one of one of our main focus areas.
We are always striving to improve each and every admation feature, and this includes the zoom functionality. Thank you once again for taking the time to review admation. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

Julie B.

A platform that does the job

Reviewed on 2019-02-08

Pros

Every time we are having an issue with a functionality or a content, it has always been fixed quickly. Admation is making regular updates which are useful.

Cons

Admation does the job for our Creative projects but after 18 months using it, I don't find the platform user-friendly. I often struggle to review my projects.

Response from Automaton

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our platform! We really appreciate your feedback.

I'll pass your comments onto the UX team for review, as we'd love to make the platform easier for our users to use. Thanks again!

Oli W.

Functional but unintuitive

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

Pros

It's a solid piece of software that I can trust to track requests and approvals.

Cons

It's really unintuitive to use, and I'm frequently searching around for the information/button that I need. Our compliance team spends more time than they should troubleshooting users' questions.

Response from Automaton

Hi Oli,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We've recently welcomed a new UX Designer on board who would love to hear more about your current user experience with the platform.

We'd love to arrange a time to chat about any specific suggestions you may have. If this is something you'd be interested in doing, please don't hesitate to get in contact via [email protected] to arrange a time.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cate L.

User un-friendly

Reviewed on 2019-01-01

I would rather not use it. Unfortunately my place of work uses it as a job processing system. It's not a pleasant experience to use it.

Pros

There isn't much to like about Admation unfortunately. For a creative, it's not user friendly and very cumbersome with an unattractive and unwieldy interface.

Cons

All the actions, buttons and clicks you need to take to complete one process. It's too much!

Response from Automaton

Hi Cate,

So sorry to hear that your experience with admation hasn't been so great!

We've recently welcomed a new UX Designer onto our team who will be tasked with tidying up a few of those procedural issues (and extra clicks) for you over the next few months. Please keep an eye out for these changes!

If there's anything we can do to assist in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us via [email protected]

Stephanie B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great way to keep a track of marketing artwork jobs

Reviewed on 2019-09-20

Admation makes our work easier. Especially after some training, I feel very confident in using the program in the best way.

Pros

It's great to have a system that collates all jobs, and has smart approvals and markup options. Giving feedback and approvals on work is simple.

Cons

The process for briefing and creating jobs is a little confusing.

Response from Automaton

Hi Steph,

Thanks for attending our training session on Friday! We hope that we were able to help clarify a few of those procedural issues you were having on your end!

We're glad that you're enjoying the system overall. Please don't hesitate to send us through an email via [email protected] if you ever get stuck!

Chris E.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Good Digital Asset Base

Reviewed on 2017-01-18

The features and ease of use is great on Admation and it's everything you would want from a digital asset base. There are a few minor issues that could use some attention. If a search matches more than 25 pages of data, Admation limits it at 25. You are unable to "select all" on a search page to batch download, nor does it allow you to download entire folders. Aside from these three issues, Admation if a good program.

Pros

The digital asset sharing

Cons

Limitations on download functionality. Can not download entire folders or "select all" items to download.

Response from Automaton

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback, and we're glad that you're enjoying the platform overall.

I've passed your suggestions around asset management and downloading files onto the UX team for review.

In the meantime, did you know that you could use the Cart function to download multiple files as a single zip file? If you need any assistance across this process, please don't hesitate to email [email protected]!

Emily S.
  • Industry: Banking

Admation review from marketing

Reviewed on 2019-09-16

Pros

Notification emails are great for keeping a track of what is going on

Cons

Changes/Approval process is hard to use

Response from Automaton

Hi Emily,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with approvals. If you have any suggestions for improvement, I can most definitely pass these on to the development team for you!

We're also looking to organise another online workshop with Helen. Once we have a set date, I'd love for you to attend to iron out any procedural issues you may be having on the approvals screen.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] for assistance wherever you need it!

Michelle A.

Bupa Admation Review

Reviewed on 2019-01-02

Pros

hmmm.. setting up a project, although even this could be streamlined and made easier for users

Cons

The software is clunky and hard to use; as well as time consuming. The process to submit and review documents needs to be more intuitive and streamlined. It is also hard to find olf projects.

Response from Automaton

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're sorry to hear about your troubles using the system. I've just had a chat to our Lead UX Developer about your usability issues with submitting and reviewing documents. I've walked him through the process you're outlining and have indicated where your pain points may be. Your suggestions are now with that team for review. If there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime, please don't hesitate to email your suggestions through to [email protected]!

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

Admation provided a audit mechanism for our internal copy clearance program

Pros

The Admation team were great. Always available, always helpful.

Cons

The look and feel of the system can be disengaging

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback! I'll definitely pass your comments back to the product development team for review.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Does what it says on the tin, but UX & workflow has a long way to go

Frustrating, but necessary

Pros

Helps co-ordinate our interactions with the agency, exchange assets and review work

Cons

Very unintuitive, the UX has a long way to go and this is a considerable hurdle to adoption.

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation. I'll definitely pass your comments back to the UX team for review! In the meantime, it sounds like your team may benefit from a training workshop. If you'd like to arrange one of these, please don't hesitate to email [email protected] to discuss your options!

Natalie C.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Admation serves its purpose well

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

The site itself is very user friendly and I have had no troubles learning to navigate and use the offered features.

Pros

The ability to brief in specific tasks and provide rolling feedback to the design team.
Being able to look through past jobs and update these projects as needed is a fantastic feature.

Cons

Would love to have a general 'explain the task required from the designers' box in the brief that allows for longer sentences to be written and further detail to be provided, than what is currently available.

Response from Automaton

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation. We're glad that you're enjoying it.

I can have a chat to your team about updating your briefs. These are custom-made for your organisation, so I'm sure that we can make a few tweaks to better suit your needs!

Do you mind if I send you through a quick email to discuss?

Ami R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Makes planning and managing projects easy

Reviewed on 2018-05-04

Pros

It combines project planning, resource management, approval workflow, and digital asset management into a singular, unified software.

Cons

not as user friendly as i would expect. searching for stuff can be difficult as well. random updates that really aren't updates.

Response from Automaton

Hi Ami,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the different tools provided by the platform. We release monthly updates to the system many of these updates are customer driven. if there's anything you'd like to add to the system, we'd love to hear your ideas. Please don't hesitate to send your suggestions through to [email protected]!

• Industry: Food Production

Great Experience using Admation

Reviewed on 2019-01-07

Ultimately, Admation has really helping me in crushing some of the complexity in my role.

Pros

Once you understand what Admation can do, I love how easy it is to submit, review and categorise different projects. Especially when you have multiple projects on the go, the way Admation allows you to organise everything makes everything so much easier.

Cons

At first it was a little bit overwhelming due to all of the options, particularly when reviewing multiple items but after using it for a couple of days it became second nature.

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your feedback, it's really appreciated. We're so glad that you're really enjoying using the admation platform in your role!

If there's anything we can ever do to assist, please don't hesitate to email [email protected]!