Kukui

All-in-one platform for auto repair shops

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

David

• Customer Support Software

Kukui has been my partner for many years, both in CRM and in online marketing.

Online presence, and quick

Pros

Great SEO, website, and marketing ROI tracking. I like the ability to listen to past phone conversations and analyse our phone skills. I like being able to easily add new pictures and content to the website without calling someone. I like the follow-up feature, which is working great (a log for who gets a call, who got a call and what happened). I like the appointment reminder being sent by email and the thank you emails going out automatically and asking for a review.

Cons

I think it would be great to have a more detailed and precise scheduled maintenance reminder going out to the customer, that is more tailored to the individual vehicle and customer driving profile. I think it would be great to implement a communication app or feature that show the shop to send and receive text messages to customers, and have it function the same as texting on the phone, except through kukui and allowing us to save The message thread...?

Response from Kukui

George thanks for being such a great partner we have learned a great deal from you as well. Thank you for the feedback too. You will see some of the things you mentioned appear in the platform soon.

Kenny

• Customer Support Software

It is great for follow up and facilitating appointments for the customer, but integration is...

Reviewed on 2017-09-01

Customer retention and perceived ease of use by new customers, so it probably helps with acquisition. We are able to see where new leads come from and spend efforts improving those channels.

Pros

Its easy to track where new customers are coming from (source), the web interface is fairly easy to navigate, and it follows up with customers regarding their upcoming service. I like the new follow up and "lost customer" reports.

It has functionality we have not tapped into and that is mostly due to capacity on our end. The product is continually improving and going in the right direction. Our marketer is great and provides good feedback and helps analyze reports on a regular basis.

Cons

Existing customers end up using the phone number they started with, so it looks like they keep coming from Yelp, Google, etc. I'd rather all existing customers call in on the same number.

The system doesn't merge existing and new records consistently and it does not identify contact info the customer entered that doesn't match or doesn't exist in the shop management.

Integration to ShopKey/Mitchell calendar and cars is poor. It is inconsistent in identifying inbound contacts as existing customers and mixing the names of customers up.

Customers cannot identify that they want to unsubscribe just to notifications about a specific car, so they loose all notifications/reminders. Customers should be given an easy way to notify the system/us that they no longer own the car in the notification.

Recent changes dramatically increased the number of calls misidentified as "missed" when they were actually answered. (98% answer rate to reporting a 44% answer rate)

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2019-10-03

Kukui provides a website for your clients to find you. They provide a dashboard that connects with many point of sale systems and tracks your clients and what they spend with you. This is incredibly dangerous when they start selling to your neighboring competitors because now they have all your information and can easily provide it to your competitors.

Pros

Kukui will get you appointments on your calendar - that is a good thing they do.

Cons

Kukui will lie to you in the sales process to get you to sign up for a more expensive plan and then when you cancel (because they duplicate your ad campaign for the shop 3 miles away), they will tell you there is a fee for what they promised for free in the beginning. Further, they will sell to everyone including your competitors next door. They duplicate your ads. Nothing is customized. If you have them posting to your social media pages, their posts are the same across all clients. This is not custom content. But you pay for custom content.

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Aloha, We have had our Kukui website for over 6 years and we are very happy with our partnershi...

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

Pros

Kukui has been very attentive to our request with our website, which is constantly growing as the #1 influence to help attract customers into our shops. The one feature that has had tremendous value; is our Kukui tracked phone numbers, on various web sites, where Kukui is integrated into our POS. As a result, we have been able to track our marketing to actual sales which has been very helpful for us to adjust our marketing to better react to constantly changing digital marketing environment. And the added bonus, we have the recorded phone calls to use for training. We are very pleased with our partnership and the value received! (We were part of the Beta on Kukui's auto shop development product.)

Cons

Currently, our biggest negative, is the delay in response to request for support or changes with our website and the dashboard (But, we totally recognize we likely ask a lot more then most companies do! ;0) My interpretation is that this is growing pains with the growth of the company.

Robert

Very Good

Reviewed on 2017-09-06

Most of my website presence handled.

Pros

The dashboard is easy to maneuver and has many nice features. Having multiple landing pages has really helped us out a lot. Adwords works well and has generated us a reasonable about of leads and Online appointments. I really like the Visual Appeal and Navigation. It is great to be able to do so many things myself.

Cons

Text messaging is weak and cumbersome, need some improvement with the usability of that. The SEO and content development is pretty much non-extent, and although that isn't your real focus, users like me need some options with that avenue to improve our SEO. Sometimes the sales representatives are nothing more than a sales person and do not have the product or marketing expertise that they should to really help us.

Joe

• Customer Support Software

Awesome customer service, the product allows me to communicate with our customers very easy.

Reviewed on 2017-08-28

Pros

The people who manage, update and train the product. It's very easy to know what your business is doing by auditing your dashboard daily. I can train our advisors by listening to phone calls, I can find out what marketing is working to bring in new customers and existing customers. I can send recommended services out and thank you emails.

Cons

Missing the ability to text customer. I would like to see small training classes at national trade shows. Best practices, how to use Kukui to provide greater customer service and increase revenue.

Response from Kukui

Thanks for the review Joe. Glad that Kukui is working out for your shop. Thanks for the feedback too. I think you can expect to see most of this coming down the pipe in the next few months.

Ken

• Customer Support Software

We have been with Kukui for several years now and they just keep getting better!

Reviewed on 2017-09-09

Our page has moved closer to the top of the searches in our area. We are consistently high with Yelp.

Pros

Very easy to understand dashboard. Great customer support. The reviews stick when they are posted with Google or Yelp. My customers are happy to respond to the questionnaire. Setting appointments and tracking customer follow up is accurate and easy.

Cons

It would be nice to have an additional field in the appointment response section for on line requests that would allow us to respond with "other" for options besides confirm, or reschedule. For example, we might need to respond to inform that it is not something we do, or it would be better if they did not plan to wait with the repair.

Carla

• Customer Support Software

Kukui has given us a professional platform for our website, making appointments, followup and...

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

I get a solid consistent, reliable and professional platform to communicate with my customers. I have had others companies approach me to get our business and I decline as your team really seems to care for their clients and works hard to stay up on new things.

Pros

That I still have access to make changes to my website and specials. I like export part of my database to send out mail pieces.

Cons

I wish the monthly cost was a little less, especially if you have more than one location. I would like for you to be able to handle a little more custom request I have for our website. There has been a couple request that you could not do.

tad

• Customer Support Software

Great product, even better results, and the best customer service.

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

internet marketing, appointments, and customers have direct acess to me 24/7 by contacting through our webpage

Pros

love the internet presence it gives us . Daily we have people coming in that say they found us online. I know this is 100% from kukui.

Cons

Kukui really need to get into the mass text message market. I feel like too much is put into the email marketing when most of this goes to spam, or never gets opened. Texting is like 99.9 open rate, and daily I choose my lunch based on the text messaged specials I get. This is really the only thing I can say that could have a drastic inprovement

William

Kukui

Reviewed on 2022-04-26

Overall not bad but slow response and too much that I have to do myself for the monry

Pros

The CRM layout is good. Easy to get customers based on what they need for maintenance and for follow up on repairs

Cons

Website is too cookie cutter. All the kukui websites are same and too many stock photos

Mark

• Customer Support Software

Excellent for small business' to know where their numbers are at all times!

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

Higher average repeat buisness and a higher customer count

Pros

We like the ability to track our phone calls, reviews, and our lead to customer conversion rate. This allows us to solve problems within our business that we didn't know were even there. Our guest's are happier with constant contact and our staff has a gauge to constantly stay on track and tools o understand why their numbers are low and where they can improve.

Cons

The follow up module is an awesome tool when it decides to work right. We haven't been able to maximize it's full potential due to software issues but we hope that it will get worked out soon!

Kathleen

• Customer Support Software

Kukui helped me establish myself as my own brand and as a partner with Napa.

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

New brand that is all my own and a wonderful customer retention tool that was more personalized and informative to my clients.

Pros

I loved the ease of the dashboard info to know where I was in a glance. If I needed deeper information, it was always very easy to navigate through the siet and retrieve. I LOVE my web site and logo!

Cons

Only had a once per month call with my marketing contact and it felt random and not on a regular schedule. I wish it was more often and on a set date every month or two weeks. Although the calls were very informative.

Response from Kukui

Thanks Kathleen. We have really enjoyed working with you and your team getting your new site out there. I also appreciate your feedback about your monthly meetings. It is important to us that things are more predictable as well.

Nick

• Customer Support Software

Kukui is an invaluable partner in business.

Reviewed on 2020-03-25

My overall experience is second to none. I don't know of any other platforms that allows you to see your business from so many angles. Financial, marketing, customer demographics...it's all there. A huge plus is the monthly meetings with our account rep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

The dashboard shows so much information about our business on one screen. It is truly one of the best tools we have.

Cons

Ye, sales stats by service advisor including unsold work. Also, stats for sales opportunity should be available at a glance.

Brandon

• Customer Support Software

Kukui's platform is a great way to monitor your business

Reviewed on 2017-09-07

We have benefited from lead tracking and matching to allow us to see which advertising dollars are working for our business.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is the lead matching and call tracking. It makes it easy to see what advertising dollars are and aren't working. I also like how the control panel allows easy access to important business metrics in an easy to understand fashion.

Cons

I would like to see more work put into reviews. Reviews captured on the website are OK, but not near as beneficial as reviews captured on sites like Yelp and Google. This may be something that needs work on our end and we will be working on this in the near future.

Bill

• Customer Support Software

Best in class for helping independent auto repair shops manage their KPI's and online presence.

Reviewed on 2017-09-05

new and better clients

Pros

The online appointment system is big with our mobile client base. Our clients can make appointments at their convenience, and we can answer them without a phone call. This helps maximize our Service Adviser time and keeps an electronic paper trail.

Cons

I would like to see a greater interaction with Google, Yelp and other review based sites. The reviews we receive from the website are great, but they do not influence new clients like Google or Yelp.

Linda

• Customer Support Software

Love it . Easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017-09-01

It makes it easy to do our job if we aren't worrying about the web site . Reviews, follow up call Ect...

Pros

We love the follow up tab. It helps us navigate our call center with less busy work . We are able to pull all
Sorts of reports for making our necessary follow calls .

Cons

Some things we don't use yet . More if a time issue in our end we are busy and have to pick what we actually use right now

Bob

• Customer Support Software

The all in one pricing makes their services complete for clients, no EXTRA fees!

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

Better tracking of customer data. regular sessions with our rep keeps us on top of our information.

Pros

The software keeps our web presence maximised and the customer service allows us to understand the process.

Cons

The exchange rate for Canadian clients hurts. Perhaps opening a Canadian office would make your product much more attractive to potential Canadian clients. This is the only "con".

Tucker

• Customer Support Software

Kukui provides so much more than a website. The entire platform is amazing.

Reviewed on 2017-09-08

It is an integral tool in assessing our customer base, phone calls, leads, ROI, web-site, coupons, communication..... This web-site and platform does almost everything.

Pros

The dashboard is a tangible tool to help me maintain my customer base, improve performance, measure profitability.

Cons

I would like to be able to text updates to individual customers while their car is being serviced or repaired.

Alex

• Customer Support Software

great source to take care of our website without any worries

Reviewed on 2018-03-08

pretty good so far, the only challenge so far is just that we changed our representative, and we have been very happy with our current one

Pros

Our website looks very nice and is user friendly, exactly what we are looking for. We get to pick and choose what we want and they design, and even coupons. Very happy with this service.

Response from Kukui

Hi Alex
Thanks for trusting Kukui with your website.

Chris

Responsive team

Reviewed on 2017-09-07

In depth marketing reports and the data. The ability to tweak offers and update simply.

Pros

Adaptability. I love that we can make changes immediately that reflect the operational enhancements. New pictures, hours of operation etc. Adaptability. I love that we can make changes immediately that reflect the operational enhancements. New pictures, hours of operation etc.

Cons

Have discovered some mapping inconsistencies that should not have happened for the length of time until my discovery.

Yeisy

Overall good quality

Reviewed on 2017-09-06

Pros

Customer database is easy to understand, maintenance scheduling and vehicle tracking are a great to use.

Cons

It would be helpful to see a much more interaction with Google, yelp and other review based sites. The reviews i receive from the website are great but they not influence new clients like Google or yelp.

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Kukui has been a wonderful tool to help manage and get the most out of our business.

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

Easy to access and understand data, clean design, helpful and friendly staff.

Pros

It is easy to use, has great graphs and charts full of helpful information, and the staff is very friendly and attentive.

Cons

I wish they could integrate more of my shop's operating system, however each month they add more features and integration.

GINA

• Customer Support Software

KUKUI IS VERY EASY TO USE AND NAVIGATE.

Reviewed on 2017-09-06

BEING ABLE TO TRACK OUR CUSTOMERS NEEDS AND UPDATE THEM WHEN SERVICES ARE UPCOMING AND NEEDED. ALSO SEEING WHERE OUR NEW CUSTOMERS ARE BEING GENERATED FROM.

Pros

THE DASHBOARD THAT UPDATES ME ON OUR PERFORMANCE MONTHLY GOALS. ALSO THE MISSED LEADS SECTION TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T EVER LET A MISSED EMAIL OR PHONE CALL SLIP THROUGH.

keith

• Customer Support Software

Kukui is a great source of customer relationship building and correspondence

Customer retention

Pros

the ease of use and the ability to stay in close contact with my customers in regard to scheduling and services

Cons

I don't really have any , the schedule could maybe be a tad bit better if it were able to let the customer know when certain slots are full

Sebastian

• Customer Support Software

Lindsey is very responsive and they have created a terrific customized CRM platform for me.

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

Pros

I can regularly reach all 4000 people in my customer database without lifting a finger and if I need any customization they can program it for me within a day or two. Also, my representative is very responsive to me and I can reach her virtually any time during the day and get a response back.

Cons

I actually have nothing to criticize about the platform. I am very very happy with it. About the only thing I could say is that it took a few weeks longer to set up then we anticipated, but it was mostly because of the shop management software I was using and not Kukui.