Contractor Foreman

Candi
  • Industry: Machinery

Excellent Tool One Stop Shopping

Reviewed on 10/17/2018

I have 10 different inputs for a single job that all roll up / out to various business functions. CF took me from 4 different APPs to one!!

Pros

The ease of use- and the fact that it's available for desktop and app. I need both from an administrative perspective and for my job Foremans.

Cons

I am a little ADD based on my nature :) It would be nice to be able to HIDE the screens/options I don't want to see. The same thing that makes the tool SO attractive, which is TONS of different options and items to integrate is the item I would like to be able to customize to reduce. But I'd rather have the options available so in this case it's not a con as much as a personal preference.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Candi for the great feedback. To hide items from the menu that you do not plan to use, go to Settings > Roles and set the item's property to No Access. This will hide it completely. Later, if you decided you are ready to use it, you can return to the original setting. This helps you and your crew ensure you are focusing on the features you use.

Eric

Competitive Software at a Great Price

Reviewed on 11/14/2022

Pros

The Gantt chart style of scheduling is integrated perfectly. I’ve cut the time I spend managing schedules in half since I started using CF. That’s just one example that is specific to myself. On a broader level I would say the best feature is the ease of use. My entire organization adopted the software with minimal issues whether the users were tech savvy or not. The foreman enjoy having daily logs to reference.

Cons

The one thing I would like to see change is the ability to use a dark mode feature. I tend to do work late at night and having this option would be great for my eyesight. A very minimal concern but this is my only gripe!

Larry

Dissapointed

Reviewed on 3/23/2022

Frustrated. Recently returned from out of the country to find an aggressively toned email from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] stating they had an error on their side of the business and were not collecting fees associated with the WePay portion of the software. They demanded we pay $800+ dollars that day or they would suspend my account. They also attempted to charge an on file credit card without permission, but it was expired. They claimed to have send several emails but only on was sent and then the notice to suspend.

Pros

Th pricing is somewhat reasonable and there is an ability to offer a portal to customers.

Cons

Lots of bugs. When forwarding the bugs or errors the team responds quickly but they assume everything is an operator error. One you convince them it is actually the program, them never follow up.

JobNimbus

Pricing

Response from Contractor Foreman

Hi Larry. We appreciate you being a long-time customer and it is unfortunate to see the negative review. So that others know what happened, Larry uses the WePay integration and he pays a 2.9% transaction fee for credit card transactions. There were some large transactions that did not have the fee paid by Larry and we let him know that the transaction fee would have to be paid. Sent sent several notices but we did not receive a response from him until the account was suspended. It's unfortunate to see that he rated us so poorly considering how active he is and that he has upgraded to a larger plan as it doesn't accurately reflect the positive comments he has made to our team.

Jordon

Great product

Reviewed on 11/15/2022

We've been happy with CF. We mainly wanted a program to help us job cost and would allow the guys to clock in and out and keep track of their time. We renewed our contract with CF and have not even looked elsewhere.

Pros

We appreciate how easy it is to work within CF. The guys can clock in and we can track their time easily, we can enter jobs from estimate to project easily. CF produces professional emails to send out to customers.

Cons

We really don't have many complaints, the only thing we feel could be improved is the CRM side.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

We felt CF was a better price and more straight forward.
Candice

An Online Office for a Spread Out Work Force

Reviewed on 11/14/2022

I use Contractor Foreman everyday. I believe it elevates our business, saves us time, and is an overall great tool that keeps adapting, growing, and changing as needs arise.

Pros

Contractor Foreman helped centralize our business into one online area, its our digital office. It allowed us to get more in depth with our estimates, schedule of values, scheduling, time cards, and more.

Cons

I would like a feature to have estimates include both Unit prices and an internal breakdown without having to create two separate estimates.

Fieldwire

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

The possibility to integrate with Quickbooks.
Abdullah

My thoughts so far

Reviewed on 11/15/2022

Overall, the software is fast and seems reliable. It still needs some work for simplification, More white labeling customization options, and more free training time. Matter of fact the training time should be free always.

Pros

Best thing is that everything is in 1 location. I hated having to have multiple software to do different tasks.

Cons

Not at user friendly as it sounds. It could be more simplified with more icons, and shortcuts. Also, the minimal FREE training is a bid downer. Not being able to reach out to a rep for tips and help using the software is a big downer - Especially when your setting up all your settings. If you're not used to setting up user settings in another software, this is probably not for you.

Housecall Pro, Houzz Pro and Projul

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

My previous software was VERY user friendly and clean. However their development team were too slow and releasing new features took far to long. I got sick of waiting.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

The price was closer to being fair for what you got. ALMOST everything i needed is found in this one software.
Joseph

Great software for complete management of a General Contractor

Reviewed on 11/16/2022

Amazing positive change to my business, not sure how we survived previously without it

Pros

The product is easy to use, it is intuitive, it is readily available at anytime from the job site, the office, or at home, it allows us to document all aspects of the job including RFIs, submittals, daily logs, etc.

Cons

Need for RFIs and submittals to have ability to manage multiple rounds of communications and store the history and then arrive at a final resolution.Simpler integration with quickbooks desktop

Procore and QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

need to take control of the business and provide better data to my clients

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

it is built for contractors and it is so easy to use
Morgan

• Customer Support Software

Contractor Foreman is great!

I have had an overall great experience with Contractor Foreman

Pros

Easy to use and easy to learn. I knew very little about the construction business and this software has helped me so much.

Cons

Sometimes the update are more hurtful than helpful

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

It made the most sense with the business we were doing.
Fernando

• Customer Support Software

A project manager must have

Reviewed on 11/16/2022

Its been a process understanding how it was design. How to input the information.Customs forms are great.But still needs more options for the retainage applied on invoices.

Pros

Budget, cost and progress controlTimecards with cost code assigment

Cons

Still missing the Materials or warehouses controlTo track inventory vs Daily logs.And automatically suggest to buy more materials(the most commonly used)

SAP Business One and HeavyBid

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Price, options, users, always on deployment with new modules
David

• Customer Support Software

Great price for seemingly endless functionality

Reviewed on 10/18/2022

Over all have really appreciated the depths and possibilities of the software and have recommended it multiple times.

Pros

Integration and centralized tracking of jobs, hours, clients, estimates, and invoices.

Cons

The software needs some updates on some of the time tracking input and analytics to be able to manually manage cost associated to projects and payment tracking.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Better centralized workflow and functionality.

Knowify, ClickUp and Zoho Invoice

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

High functionality at a competitive price
Chuck

• Customer Support Software

A great upgrade to our management of projects

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

Overall, I'm very happy so far with the experience. The staff are very responsive and helpful, and will always look to improve the product with suggestions and bug submittals, and the app being feature heavy is extremely important in our situation.

Pros

- The integration of the whole platform is very good, including externally with Quickbooks Online.
- Ability to do time sheets in the field without separate software.
- Cost codes and cost items that can be used for different jobs, this is huge for us.
- Other fringe abilities, such as sending billing to a different person vs. the customer, and CC'ing multiple folks.
- The apps are really feature heavy for a construction software, many other competitors, the apps are just terrible vs. the web portal.

Cons

- The Service Ticket and Work Order systems don't work that well, and leave us lacking.
- So far I have found tons of bugs in the iOS app, though I will say they try to address them quickly.
- Might seem odd, but can't assign multiple wage rates to the same employee depending on cost code/item. This is huge for contractors that deal with Davis-Bacon wages.

Procore and Tradify

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

The competitor product was very clunky, phone apps were terrible feature-wise, and most of all, the value proposition was not very good at all, more than twice the expense for half the features of Contractor Foreman.

CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

The value proposition, eagerness to assist of the staff, ability to submit bugs and suggestions, and general integration made this software switch a simple decision.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Chuck for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you will, send us a list of the suggestion you have for how we can make Service Tickets better. It's one of the most popular features but we get very little feedback about it so we are always looking for suggestions on how we can make it even better. [email protected]

Lindsey-Leigh

• Customer Support Software

A budget software with serious usefulness

Reviewed on 5/20/2021

Although roll out of CF has been a bit bumpy and there is certainly a learning curve involved, it has been good! Every Step of the way has been a bit easier knowing there is always support to reach out to if you have any issues or confusion.

Pros

This software packs more punch than you would expect at its meager price point. It offers so much in the way of construction management that it is almost unbelievable. The best part? AWESOME customer service, ltterlay at your fingertips. If you are struggling with anything, an agent (usually one of the same few people) are available in less than 5 minutes to help you with whatever you are struggling with.

Cons

Since this software is a bit new, it is kind of clunky. Some of the processes to do things are less than efficient, and it definitely isn't "as pretty" as some of the other competitors, but what other competitors are charging $10,000+ for, CF charges about $1,500.00. However, this is made up for my the fact that they are constantly updating based on real customer feedback, I am genuinely excited to see where this product is heading!

Procore and Premier

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

We will be switching from Raken to this once we are fully integrated and our subscription is up for the year with them. This product is 1/2 the cost for 2x the seats and does way more than Raken can.

RAKEN

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Great price point, and a great fit for smaller contractors like us!

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Lindsey for the awesome review! We've worked hard to add awesome features and now we are in the process of making it prettier and even easier to use. Each month we will release an update that will improve your experience.

Brian

New Contractor Foreman User

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

The training people at Contractor Foreman have been a pleasure to work with. The certainly understand our business and terminology. This has been a very good fit for our company.

Pros

We are just starting with the implementation of this software and doing as many training videos as possible. So far, we are very pleased with the ease of integration to our business, but it is going to take us some time to be fully integrated and have all of us using the system properly.

Cons

The length of time that it will take us to master the system. I wish we could become much more proficient within a few weeks, but I think it's going to take us much longer to be using all of the features properly.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

We had dropped BuilderTrend about a year ago when Covid hit and we had to let some people go due to our workload. The cost to keep that program going was just not worth it to me. Once our work picked back up again, I wanted to keep our monthly costs lower and found that I liked Contractor Foreman much better than BuilderTrend.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Cost was a big deciding factor, but I felt like Contractor Foreman is more intuitively understandable to me and our type of business. They use the same terminology as we do and I feel like everyone that I have spoken with are actually contractors and not just a computer programmer selling their product, but understand how we need to solve our problems.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Brian for the great review. We really do appreciate your feedback and trusting us to help you manage your project needs. We will continue to improve and add new features and we are certain that you will continue to be happy that you made the switch to Contractor Foreman.

Paul

GREAT SOFTWARE TO KEEP YOU ORGINIZED WHEN U HAVE SO MUCH ON THE GO

Reviewed on 7/23/2021

Awesome as I just started this company funds were tight and they were flexible and allowed me to make monthly payments so i could use the software. Other software's were 50 less a month but they were so confusing I couldn't make a estimate even after 1 hour of training so trust me this is the best software for small start up construction company's like mine

Pros

Contractor Forman was the 4th trials software I used and by far was the easiest to learn and navigate through without any training. I need to get training on invoicing % of jobs and when i finally hired a employee I need help with time cards but the estimate software was so simple to create professional estimates

Cons

I wish I could scan documents and receipts in and have it auto populate the amount date items etc. Also I could be wrong here but i think any tools u buy for the company need to be placed under a project which is rare for me.

Shawn

From

Reviewed on 1/14/2021

Right now I am overall pleased with what i am getting for the money. It is very comprehensive and it appears that the leadership recognizes the room and areas for improvement and are making an honest attempt to make it bette. I give creit for that because most companies dont engage at all. Ive been asked for my response every other day and contacted by someone for training every few days. This to me is priceless. It appears on the cover anyway, these guys actually care. Until they prove me wrong, I will believe them and support them.

Pros

I think that coming from one of the major providers to Contractor Foreman I expected alot less than what we have. In fact, I am impressed at how much it offers for the price. I like that it has almost everything in one place from the client portal to schedules, to bugets, and so on.

Cons

I would love to see better forms or template options. Even if it was easier to create a template would be helpful because we use different templates for different Brands in the commercial industry and we need to be able to create them in this platform. Also the estimating inputting seems to be a struggle. Maybe its that we are new but going from Estimate to SOV to whatever is next is a struggle and we still dont have it down. I would also recomend that the RFI could be updated in the system by simply responding to the automated email. somehow that RFI and Change order system can improve.

Can there be a cooler logo? My clients are corporate Burger King, 7-11, McDonalds, Popeyes, Starbucks, etc. The name just doesnt look very commercial. Not a deal killer but thought Id throw it out there. Dont want to hurt anyones feeleings.

Chris

Our search is over!

Reviewed on 3/27/2021

Exceptional! Support has been amazing as well as all the friendly staff. Very personable and knowledgeable.

Pros

The versatility! Being an electrical contractor that works in both residential and commercial, its difficult to find a platform that works for service, small projects and larger scale projects. Not only is this platform versatile, it also has a flow that works and makes sense. It has consolidated two other platforms we were paying for as well as two in house solutions, saving us 1000's over the next few year. We are already seeing the benefits in project management and accountability as a company not to mention the elimination of redundant data entry and a streamlined system.

Cons

The only thing so far is the lack of a timeline on the service ticket screen to see a live view by service tech.

Knowify

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Terrible Work Flow, programming issues, broken modules, half built modules, can go on and on. Long story short it cost us time in the office and didn't save us time. Caused the creation of complicated redundant processes.

Service Fusion
Matt

Great Software

Reviewed on 3/12/2021

Experience has been good.

Pros

Works well with Quickbooks. It also has a nice estimate worksheet that is customizable.

Cons

Navagation could be easier. I would prefer the navigation based on customer vs a large dashboard you have to navigate.

CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Buildertrend Quickbooks integration was poor in regards to sales tax. I also felt it was too expensive for having to do sales tax work arounds.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman does the best job of all the softwares I have tried.
Vincenzo

Contractor Foreman Overall Review

Reviewed on 9/1/2022

I have tried some of the other software programs that were much more expensive than Contractor foreman. I feel Contractor Foreman has only improved since I started using it.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use on a daily basis. I works seamless between my desktop and mobile device. I can access anywhere I am. Monthly update features have improved existing features along the way.

Cons

There are some features that could be added such as a Warranty module... however when suggestions are made they are heard and considered.

Procore and Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

The cost was attractive, the ease of use of the software is what sold us on this product. Estimate organization and flow, project cost management, scheduling etc... it was a no brainer.
Austin

Very pleased

Reviewed on 6/26/2021

We are very pleased with this product, it has helped take our business to the next level!

Pros

What I like most about this product so far is estimating feature, once you get your products and templates built estimating is a breeze. Another great feature is the scheduling feature for projects and crews!

Cons

We have used this product for over a year now and as of yet everything this software has to offer meets our needs.

JobNimbus and CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Ease of dashboard navigation, the number of features for the cost.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Austin for the great review. We will continue to add even more features and improvements to the Estimating module as well as all others. We are committed to providing the best construction management system at the most affordable price.

Wendell

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 10/7/2019

It has been a wonderful experience and has made life much easier. It is extremely user friendly and very cost effective. Quite possibly the best Project Management purchase to date.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and even easier to set up. I have been training employees over the past month and a half and they have all taken to it wonderfully. The ease of set up has been the best.

Cons

It is hard to have anything bad to say about the software. The developer team is easy to talk to, changes are made frequently and they are always improving what they have.

Procore

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Sage 300 did not have any cloud implementation and the system was clunky.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

The price was hard to pass up and the software had almost every option other big software companies had.
Craig

Best Valued Construction Management Software

Reviewed on 11/12/2022

We have used CF on a daily basis for the last 2 years and it has really benefitted our business. We have two locations and before we started using this system, everyone had there own idea of how they wanted to present contracts and other information to clients. Now with Contractor Foreman both locations have standardize contracts, terms and conditions, and a sense of unity that was not present before. It now feels like we are one company with two locations in stead of two separate companies. I will also add that their support has been great even during our Quickbooks integration trial. They would get back to us in a timely manner with possible solutions to the current integration issue. Even though we ultimately decided to not use that feature they gave it a great effort to try to make that successful for us.

Pros

Contractor Foreman has been an all-in-one construction management software for our company! I needed a system that would allow me to estimate, invoice, store files, be accessible from multiple locations, track leads, and yet be easy to use. This was the first system I found that could be geared toward large or small contractors and still have all of the features I was looking for. For someone that has used similar systems in the past this was an easy transition.

Cons

When we first signed up with CF we wanted to integrate with Quickbooks to save us time and money on double entry, but had a lot issues with it. We tried for 3 months to successfully implement this feature with no success. We switched to Quickbooks online and it worked better, but we still found enough errors that we finally called it quits and went back to double entry. To a new user the system can be overwhelming because there are a lot of features to this program and we found that some users really struggled with the implementation of the new software.

nicholas

review from commercial subcontractor

Reviewed on 11/15/2022

WONDERFUL/nearly perfect - after searching/demoing nearly every product related to construction, then trying CF I was amazed. I had brushed off the program initially because of its comparative low cost. After a year of use I only hope they don't get bought out and rolled into some bigger conglomerate.

Pros

1- The product is so robust but easily customizable. There are substantially more features available than you could really effectively use - but thats not a problem, just turn them off in module/global settings. 2- Customer support has been wonderful, we frequently use "live chat" to get things answered, not submit tickets and wait for reply like other products. 3- Mobile use is nearly as robust as desktop, everything that you could really productively do on a mobile device is available at your fingertips. 4- directory, we are putting out all project

Cons

report customization: there are some things that we could use reports via excel on that if given the option to turn on/off data being exported it would make the files easier to work with.

Procore, QuickBooks Time and RAKEN

Value, features available, customization
Brett

• Customer Support Software

Great Value with some very strange functionality gaps

Reviewed on 11/15/2022

While this program is *able* to do pretty much everything for project management, after several months of use, we will be returning to using some other systems because of the difficulty of onboarding certain features to our team and irritating gaps in the software such as not being able to upload and delete stored files consistently.

Pros

This management software seems to be able to do just about everything you might need for a project management software, but...

Cons

Even with great customer support and lots of excellent training videos, this program is extremely difficult to implement into use. Almost no features are intuitive to use. The very simplest features such as file management as team chats do not work consistently, and do not have necessary features such as syncing to a drive or cloud or the ability to move files from section to section.

Microsoft Teams, Buildertrend and Asana

Asana
Calvin

• Customer Support Software

I am very impressed with this software and extremely excited to see it help our company grow.

Reviewed on 9/19/2020

Very excited that I choose Contractor Foreman.

Pros

The project management tools are amazing.

Cons

It just a lot of information to get use to but it's just the typical learning stages of getting started. It normal.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Response from Contractor Foreman

One of the great things about Contractor Foreman is that you are more likely to grow into it than you will out grow it. We all want to succeed and when we get a point, sometimes the systems we started with no longer meet our needs. Contractor Foreman is different. The price is excellent for smaller and new companies and the features also fit the need of large established companies. This reduces the need to look for alternatives as you move from Residential to Commercial or as you grow and add new employees.

Karl

Amazing Software!!

Reviewed on 6/8/2021

Pros

Contractor Foreman saved our company from bouncing through three different BIM packages. We opened doors late 2020 and went from HouzzPro to Stack to Contractor Foreman. After sampling the industry--and hesitant to try again-- we came upon CF, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was adamant to give them a shot...Thank God we did. We now have our company estimating, project management, invoicing, all in order. None of the other companies even come close to CF. Thank you Team.

Cons

Nothing, the program offers all I need to succeed

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Karl for this awesome review. As great as this is, we know that we cannot sit idle. We will continue to add new features and improvements and find new ways to make the system even easier to use all while making it affordable for all.