Square Invoices

Dan Z.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

I depend on Square Register

Reviewed on 2016-07-23

There are several features I need to make my business effort easier. I certainly need to spend less time with collecting money than I do making it.

Pros

Love the online invoicing capabilities it has so far.
Love the phone app so far.

Cons

Relationship between app and online web access need major connection improvements.
Editing capabilities of the line item in invoice statement need to be editable.........

Amelia D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Overall a great software that is extremely user friendly.

Reviewed on 2017-09-28

Pros

What I like most is how simple and straight forward the user face is to use for myself as a business owner to send invoices and for my customers to pay with.

Cons

What I like least about this software is its reporting. It is very minimal and not accurate. It is nearly impossible to a report for specific days and get correct totals. It should be as easy as "how much money did we make yesterday" but Square Invoicing does not have the feature.

Michael p M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

We were looking for an app just like this

Reviewed on 2018-09-20

Pros

We had used many invoice apps, and nothing did everything we needed until Square came out with their Invoice app. For starters, it is quick and easy to use, super fast to fill out an invoice. Once filled in, review and send in matter of seconds. You will be notified if the customer pays, if not, you can quickly send a reminder, and if they fail to pay by the due date, you will receive notification again. Keeps a running tab of total amount of invoices sent, what has been paid and what is still due. Super easy to customize with your own logo, and keep customer credit card on file for future purchases. It only takes a second to resend receipts and cancel invoices also. Highly recommended.

Cons

The only thing I can come up with, and I am being nit-picky here, is it would be nice to be able to swap out different logos for different projects. Not a HUGE issue though.

Annie M.

• Customer Support Software

Recurring payments could be smoother

Reviewed on 2018-02-08

I'm able to charge my clients for services at a cost less than other merchant services.

Pros

I do like the ease of check out at the terminal, however, it would be nice if there were a way to just charge a tip without a purchase--for the monthly autopay clients. It seems to be the best system I have used besides the invoice issue.

Cons

I have members who are on auto-pay. Square has an invoice system that the client has to click pay and save card to file. If the card is not saved they will have to click pay again when the invoice is sent next month. They also charge more for this type of payment. In today's world of technology there are much better ways to handle auto payments.

Erin W.
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy way to get paid by your customers!

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Pros

I set Square up using my mobile phone on public transport. They make it very easy to get started. I like how once everything with my bank was arranged I could tailor the invoices look and content to suit my needs. As an individual entrepreneur it suits my needs perfectly for ad hoc payments from my vacation rental guests.

Cons

I wish I was able to manually key in CC numbers without needing to have a CVC or a postal code. As far as I can tell if I have the customer's CC number there's no way I can send the invoice as a kind of receipt and have it already marked as "paid". Perhaps it's just a weird edge case though that I do that sometimes...

Angela L.

• Customer Support Software

So far, the best I've found

Reviewed on 2017-02-13

I really appreciate Square having invoices that are customizable and attractive to the customers. They just recently added a few new features to the invoices that I have wanted for almost 2 years, so I am thrilled to see the nice changes made to make it even better.

Pros

I can customize how my invoices look and how they are worded.

Cons

No complaints so far now.

Ariel M.
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, not enough features available on the mobile app

Reviewed on 2017-12-05

We are able to send invoices to customers so easily and have the customers be able to pay them with ease as well. It's really a great system!

Pros

I love how easy it is to create an invoice in a matter of minutes! The invoices also look really nice without having to customize a whole lot.

Cons

On the mobile app, there isn't an option to request shipping address when creating an invoice. That is a major downside to how we use the system and would a really nice feature to have in the future. It would also be nice to be able to create invoice templates to be used on the mobile app.

Rick M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Great Product! Makes my life much easier.

Reviewed on 2016-07-25

The program is thorough and very easy to use, and it keeps track of the outstanding invoices that I have.

Pros

It's ease of use.

Cons

The customer list duplicates customer names, and you have to go in and delete duplicates every so often.

Kyla O.

• Customer Support Software

Great, Easy Way to Get Paid!

Reviewed on 2017-01-09

I've been using Square invoices since they launched. I run a product-based business and using the invoice feature at wholesale trade shows has been amazing! I use the program on my iPad so I can quickly scroll through products with a buyer and select the items for their order. Since a lot of wholesale orders are not paid upfront, I can send the invoice in an email to be paid at a later date. I can easily edit the orders after the show and send reminders as the due date approaches.
On the buyer's end, the process is really simple. They receive an email with the itemized order and your customized note. With a click on the "Pay" button, they can quickly enter their payment information and submit--no need to sign in or create an account.
I loved that the processing rate for invoices was the same as running a credit card in person, but unfortunately, the rate increased in fall 2016. Because of that change, I direct customers to place orders through my online store instead, but I still can't beat the ease of use in the busy trade show setting, so I will continue to use invoices for that.

James B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Money Saving

Reviewed on 2016-11-07

I like the invoices because it saves me time and money . It's like 1,2,3 , boom get pay . Fast & secure

Pros

It save me time and money . I can work on other stuff why getting pay .

Cons

Great software don't dislike anything about it

Sarah W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Amazing Perk of Square

Reviewed on 2018-02-20

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Square Invoices. All you do is put in the customers name and email, and the $ amount and then you can either email it to them, or even more conveniently you can copy a link to the invoice and text that to them. I use the texting feature most often these days.

Cons

The only aspect of Square Invoices that I would like changed is that they require you to put in an email address even though the invoice can be shared via text. It's an extra step to have to ask for the clients email address even though I end up texting them anyway. Hopefully that will change.

Catherine K.

• Customer Support Software

I' use square invoices for my catering business. I' find the ease of use excellent

Reviewed on 2018-03-07

Pros

I' like that I' can use it on my mobile phone and send invoices directly to my clients which they can then pay immediately.

Ardavan J.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Needs Some Tweaks

Reviewed on 2016-07-28

So far it does everything as advertised. Makes our recurring billing a breeze, as we had been waiting for this feature for the past 4 years and finally its HERE!!!!

Pros

Ease of use and organization.

Cons

- Doesn't allow me to delete erroneous / stopped recurring billings in the system, so every day I have to see them and can't get rid of them.
- I wish it had a "chasing" feature so if someone misses recurring payments, the system would automatically send reminders every X days until it is paid.

Nick P.

Automated invoicing made easy

Reviewed on 2018-03-08

Pros

I can set up a new customer 1 time and invoices are sent automatically each month. This saves me a tremendous amount of time that allows me to provide more attention to my customers.

Cons

When invoices are sent via email, they are occasionally sent to a recipient's junk folder. I typically send the invoice, then call the customer to make sure they've received it. I'm not sure how to get around it, but it'd be nice knowing invoices won't get filtered on the receiving end.

Square invoices

Reviewed on 2018-08-10

I am using the invoices to manage deliveries and payments for baked goods

Pros

Invoices are easy to create, copy and update.

Cons

I cannot edit an invoice after it’s been marked paid. This is really a problem if it’s been marked paid in error.

It’s also impossible to mark a partial payment in an invoice. I have a customer that makes partial payments and that’s forcing me to keep the invoice in an overdue state until it has been paid in full.

Wynn M.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2016-07-22

Square is invaluable to the operation of my business. Their invoicing system allows me to accept custom orders and delegate perfectly

Pros

Ease of use! Love that the invoicing allows you to set dates finances are due, the analytics are seamless, and it tracks customers emails for you allowing you the added bonus and ability to reach out to customers if you wish. Love this Software!

Cons

All credit information is keyed in by customer - resulting in higher fee's.

If you do find an error with the invoice, any changes are automatically emailed to the customer. I feel this could be annoying to customers receiving multiple unnecessary emails. There should be an option to prevent this from being automatically sent.

Serenity S.

Amazing quality for cost

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

Easy affordable invoice creation, sending, tracking, and even payments. It's completely customizable and free to use the invoice section. Accepting payments through the program also has a very minimal charge compared to most.

Pros

This program allows me to make send and track custom invoices for my small business. I can upload my logo and pick a matching color scheme. The program saves my settings then allows me to create my invoice in seconds. Then send it to my customers and I can accept payment through the program for a very minimal fee compared to most sites. I also can use it completely free to keep track of all my invoices and payments.

Cons

Honestly there are no cons on this software. Normally price is the biggest issue but not here. I really have tired to find something bad here and cannot.

Alana M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easiest way to get paid

Reviewed on 2018-03-27

Great time saver and reduced paper waste

Pros

My clients love how easy it is to pay me, it is great not have checks laying around and it is really easy to check on the status of payment.

Cons

I do not love being charged the fee to process payments, but my clients really like not getting charged so I will keep using it

Amber S.

Makes life easy!!

Reviewed on 2016-07-25

I use the invoice feature almost everyday. LOVE that Square added the functionality of reoccurring invoices.

Lee A.

We love Square Invoices!

Reviewed on 2016-11-11

We've tried several invoicing platforms and Square is really the easiest to use and implement. It remembers customer and their contact info and sends them simple and attractive invoices that are easy to pay. You can also schedule future invoices to go out automatically and that interface is easy and intuitive.

Pros

It's very easy to use and functional. There are lots of other great tools we're not even using yet. Great reporting too.

Cons

I wish the charge for allowing a customer to save their credit card info wasn't so high.

Francine C.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Square Invoices

Reviewed on 2017-01-12

These are great. Wish there were a few more options, but for ease of use, value, and functionality, these are fantastic.

Pros

Easy to use. Can you either on desktop or mobile. Quick, fast and functionality is stellar.

Cons

No way to 'pre-schedule' invoices to go out automatically on a certain date. No way to schedule recurring invoices. Wish the system automatically numbered your invoices and allowed you to put them into pre-designed categories.

Wish there were more options for designs, but the current version is fine

• Customer Support Software

easy way to send invoices

Reviewed on 2018-01-09

Pros

If you already use Square then this is the best way to invoice customers. Super easy to add items to an invoice or create a custom item

Cons

You must already be using the Square system and have to use all the functionality of the system, too expensive for only invoices.

Garrett J.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Invoice Experiences With Square

Reviewed on 2016-07-27

I have been very pleased thus far with my Square experience. Inputting information is pretty facile and transmission to clients is very efficient.

Pros

It appears to be easy to use from my clients' perspective and thus increases the likelihood of speedy payment of outstanding invoices.

Cons

No real complaints about the software.

Mai yee Y.

• Customer Support Software

I like it. Sending invoices was so simple and easy.

Reviewed on 2018-03-07

Pros

Being able to create my own services and how easy it was to send invoices. Also the option to get same day deposits.

Cons

Nothing really. It's pretty easy and self-explanatory. If I had to find something bad to say I would say the card reader is a bit small. But that's it.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

This is an easy way to empower my employees to invoice customers (vs. waiting for QuickBooks)

Reviewed on 2018-08-21

It's as user-friendly as the rest of the Square tools.

Pros

I like that you can send an invoice straight from the POS.

Cons

So far, I really haven't found any dislikes. We don't do a TON of invoices though...