GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7 /5 (203 reviews) Write a Review!

Allan Z.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Tested over 15 Gantt/Project Management apps and GanttPro really tops them all!

Reviewed on 2020-05-07

Sign in and, go! That was my personal experience the minute I started using this app. The application is very intuitive, but I am a technical person, the real test was when I brought the rest of the team and managers to the platform. The team felt comfortable on the application and there was not much training we had to provide. If you are used to excel and to-do list you already know how to use this application.

Pros

Here are my pros, I have been using this software for a couple of months now. The app is quick to learn. You have actual printing formats; say you need to print a project map on tabloid or legal, the application outputs the right size for printing files formats. Drag and drop of tasks feels firm. Subtask numbering is a godsend. Modern look and feel. Ability to add resources like people, materials, etc.! Column view format for tasks. Is all there! GanttPro really replaces Microsoft Projects, and Gantt features on any popular project management app out there like Asana, Trello, and various others.

Cons

Reporting needs some work. I would love to see more reports like, executive status report of project/s, dashboard-like reports for team meetings, birds-eye view, burn-down, burn-up, charts and other metrics for the project/s, and just more reports in general.

David W.

Ganttpro is easy to use

Reviewed on 2020-10-29

So far our team loves using Ganttpro. It has been a very easy transition from MS Project 2013. Schedules have gone a day to create to 3 to 4 hours.

Pros

Easy of use
Does not lock up like MS Project 2013
Drag and drop links to tasks
Collaboration with team members
Static links for sharing with the client
MS Project import

Cons

I wish cost loading was a little easier
I wish saving a duplicate project was allowed instead of having to create a template of the project

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you very much for the review, David. We are glad to see you're enjoying using GanttPRO.

It is important to note that you can always save a previously created template and use it in the future. If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected] Have a nice day!

Khaoula B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Fits my needs perfectly

Reviewed on 2020-08-19

Pros

what i liked the most is the simplicity, this software is user friendly and provide you what you need without spending so much time trying to understand it.

Cons

exporting the results can be tricky and the diagrams are not that clear

Josefa C.
  • Industry: Design

GanttPro – The project management tool you'll need

Reviewed on 2020-02-03

I would like to have the UI to be more minimal. Or maybe have another feature of customizing the color of the grouped timeline bar. The blue is really distracting now.

Would like to have a back button. Sometimes I accidentally moved something but I couldn't undo it and it's really annoying, especially with the linked items. When you move one. Another would move together. So when you accidentally move something, you don't really know how it looks before and this would easily mess the entire timeline.

Pros

GanttPro has an intuitive interface. With the features it has, you could better allocate your resources and keep track of the project timelines. No more delays.

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Josefa, thank you for using GanttPRO and writing this review. I would like to pay your attention that you can easily change your task color in task settings. Right now, we have 18 different colors. Also, at the top right corner, you will find the History of changes button. This menu allows you to look through your whole project and undo any action made by you or even by your team members. You can go back even to your very first action in GanttPRO and undo it, fast and easy. You can get answers to all of your questions in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Sam V.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

• Customer Support Software

Great for sorting our business out!

Reviewed on 2020-03-05

Benefits really are from organising our multiple projects far more easily and without having such complexities when figuring out workloads for different employees. It has also helped our future planning for when we want to expand the workforce.

Pros

The software was super easy to use and import our gantt charts from excel into. We did some digging around on different PM softwares and this one was superior for ease of use, price, and customer service. I do highly recommend using GanttPro for your business! It really has organised our projects and ensured that we hit our timelines without me pulling my hair out.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about yet, I'm sure there will be something but so far the customer service team has been great at helping sort any queries we had.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you for the positive review, Sam. We are very happy that you enjoy using GanttPRO.

Juan R.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Team Based Scheduling

Reviewed on 2018-09-13

I find it is a good software, it has helped me sell my work since Clients appreciate Time Control, specially on Projects that take months. Team members are happy, everyone knows "where" we are and "what" needs to be done since it is cloud based and some Team members are in different offices and cities.

Pros

I use it for schedulling architectural design projects, and find it has good features besides the obvious and basics: you can use WBS, Lag Time, Personal Calendars, custom color the Task Bars, which give you better control and feel of your schedule, and use Filters to "see" what you want to focus on. Also has a Critical Path!

Cons

The Task Bar Time span is only produced according to the Project Calendar. I have staff with different work days and hours (per day) - Personal Calendars - so I expected the software to produce different Time Spans based on Personal Calendars but it does not. You have to punch in the "Effort Hours" (real hours to do the Task), use your calculator and punch in "Duration Hours", based on what the actual Person works per day and week. Then if you reassign the Task to someone with a different Personal Calendar, punch in Duration again :(

Response from GanttPRO

Juan, thank you very much for the review. Automatic change of a task duration depending on available hours of resources is one of the top requests for today. In a few months it will be possible. Stay tuned!

Laura G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Free trial was great, we are looking at going ahead with purchasing the licenses

Reviewed on 2020-02-27

My team is using it to schedule tasks and meetings for quarterly forecasting. When everyone has visibility of the process it is easier to communicate, also if one deadline moves then it reschedules everyone's tasks in line.

Pros

Ability to add a person as a resource without them needing an account.
Ease of use and it's not over-complicated.
Ability to set dependencies and move tasks together.
Send email reminders and link to GoogleDrive.

Cons

Would like it if slack could be built into the dependencies so that one task doesn't move when another does unless it moves past a certain date.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you very much for the review, Laura. We'd like to inform you that GanttPRO provides the "lag" option. While creating dependencies, you can easily put a duration that a dependent task must lag before and after the dependency is met. You can set positive or negative lag.

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Matan W.

good!!!

Reviewed on 2019-11-02

Pros

I really like this software! She is the most orderly there, the easiest to understand and arranges for me the best project I could ask for!
I am a biomedical engineering student so it is very important to me a good software for managing the project. I found this software to be the most excellent of all the other software. Also the matter of downloading the schedule to the most tidy computer I found out of all the other software. Plus, the design in the software is perfect! Very nice and boring design. I also see that it is also very suitable for managing large company projects, easy to add employees and share tasks for everyone. For everyone to use.

Cons

nothing .This software just isn't missing anything !!! It is perfect software and has no drawbacks to it. I will continue to use it for a long time

Response from GanttPRO

Matan, thank you so much for such a warm feedback! We are happy that GanttPRO simplified your work in projects.

Fanling B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great Gantt Chart Tool Overall

Reviewed on 2019-10-23

GANTTPRO is a very easy tool for anyone to pick up and start with. Setting up a new project was very straightforward.
GANTTPRO is definitely comparable to the top Gantt chart offerings in the market. If you’re looking to try out an alternative software, GANTTPRO will not let you down.

Pros

GANTTPRO has a very nice interface, and allows more than enough customisation options. Not only that, the user experience is also highly intuitive. For example, adding a new subproject is easy, you can easily drag it to the right position after creating it. This has helped in my university assignment so much.

Cons

There is not much to complain, except I wish GANTTPRO offers monthly subscriptions for student users like myself. They pricing options are currently limited to annual billing. Apart from that, the free trial version is also forcing users to have watermark on the background of each export.

Eric C.

• Customer Support Software

Finally a Gantt Chart Software worth using!

Reviewed on 2018-04-11

Pros

Viewing and exporting feature are super helpful when you need to share the info with someone outside of your organization. The ability to share charts and organize users for specific access and control is very helpful.

Cons

When you print the charts to paper, the indented levels of milestones and tasks are all left aligned and it makes it difficult to distinguish the milestones.

Response from XB Software

Unfortunately, we do have that bug with printing. But we work on improving it. Thank you for your review, Eric. Please, stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better!

Gary C.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

Definitely recommend. Very easy-to-use and easy-to-learn software for small to medium-sized...

Reviewed on 2020-09-16

Pros

- Easy to learn. I was rocking GanttPro within 10 minutes. For comparison, with Microsoft Project (version 2010?), it was days of work, while still having the software be confused by the scheduling logic and durations when auto-scheduling.
- Easy to use
- Easy to share your work with a team. I believe there is even a way to link people to a read-only view of your project.
- The Gantt charts look great, which I think is important, because it helps people understand the information.
- Runs in a browser. Great for cross-platform compatibility.
- Extremely responsive customer support team.

Cons

- No deal breakers, only a few minor annoyances that would only affect some users
- When you open a task’s detail window, there is a section that shows the links / logic ties to other activities. The icons all look the same to me, so I can’t tell if the activities are tied FS, SS, FF, etc. If you are not doing very large projects with lots of dependencies, then this will not affect you at all. However, for items with lots of dependencies, chasing the arrows in the Gantt chart view becomes confusing quickly.
- I wish it was cheaper, but I say that about many things :)

Ivan N.

Great managment software

Reviewed on 2020-03-20

Best time managment tool I have used and I have been very satisfied with it.

Pros

GanttPRO is great project managment tool and looks very nice. It has fresh and innovative design. User can select working hours and working days which I found lacking in many similiar softwares. It is very easy to use and very intuitive. Also, I liked drag and drop functionalities, the integrated dependencies and progress tracking. Charts are very customizable. Overall I really like the software. You can do a wide range of things with it and it makes it very easy to communicate with members in the team.

Cons

Nothing in particular. Everything I have used is at least as good as my previous products.

Response from GanttPRO

Ivan, glad to see that you're satisfied with our application. Thanks for the feedback!

Adele C.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

GanttPro, easy as pie

Reviewed on 2019-10-09

GanttPro is a all in one solution, from logging time to viewing, adding and maintaining tasks, push notifications for when tasks are done is a major advantage for a project manager that wants to be kept in the know. Having it export beautifully as a PDF makes reporting at a glance much easier especially when needing to present in meetings around project deadlines and specific tasks.

Pros

I loved that I could import my Microsoft Projects directly into GanttPro with a click of a button. The system is easy to use and works very well when exporting to PDF or other formats which is a major plus.

Cons

It took a while to get accustomed to what all the buttons do, as there were no hover overs to explain them.

Response from GanttPRO

Adele, thank you very much for a positive review! We really appreciate it. Please, feel free to contact our online support or email at [email protected] in case you have some questions. Stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better.

Daniel F.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

A very useful tool!

Reviewed on 2020-11-09

I like to use it, I think its very well structured and makes it possible to have a good overview at any given time. I will continue to use it and also recommend it to my collegues. There are some features "missing" but it overall works great for the projects I want to organize. Thanks to GANTTPRO, great job!

Pros

The best feature of this software is to be flexible in the whole process. The linking of different task and the automatic dependencies are most helpful.

Cons

For me it would be helpful to be able to assign tasks to companies and not only to members of the team. There is a workaround that makes it possible but still a small critique.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you for your review, Daniel. If you miss some features, please, let us know at [email protected] We will be glad to hear your feedback.

Cherng V.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Gantt Chart Builder for Project Plan

Reviewed on 2019-06-30

I was looking for a gantt chart application for my project plan. After trying a few tools, I found out GanttPro. GanttPro provides an easy-to-use user interface which helps me in completing the project plan in few clicks. One of the most useful tools is its version restore feature. With the feature, I'm able to revert to previous version when modification of the project plan is required.

Pros

Easy to use with drag and drop functions and automated schedule planning.

Cons

Slightly cramped interface that make it difficult to view the whole chart.

Ian G.

Wonderful Gantt chart software

Reviewed on 2016-05-17

GanttPro is exactly as the name implies. It is a beautifully executed online Gantt chart tool which allows quick drag-drop functionality, and just enough depth to capture multiple dependencies without overburdening the user. It will also elegantly and automatically update every dependent task when you make a change to an earlier task, which is fantastic.

Templates can be created to save time if you are regularly producing charts for a specific type of project and the entire platform seems to have been built with the time-poor project manager in mind - Which is something a lot of other Gantt software could learn from.

The user interface offers a few different skins/themes and is very straightforward to use. You can also export to PDF, PNG, and spreadsheet very painlessly and it looks good enough to show the boss or shareholders right out of the software.

Lastly, I have posed a few questions to the support team who have responded literally within seconds.

For the price of a few coffees a week, I think it is well worth the investment if you are regularly needing to create Gantt charts. At the very least I would recommend that you give the free version a go.

GanttPro is a top-notch bit of software.

Response from XB Software

Thank you so much for such awesome feedback!

Arash M.

• Customer Support Software

Perfect tool for your project

Reviewed on 2019-09-12

I am using Ganttpro for school project and the overall experience is excellent.

Pros

The reporting system such as adding hours and balancing the workload. GanttPro is also flexible to manage project activities.

Cons

There is no deal for students. I wish there was one. Better way to manage invited resources to the project.

Arnel A.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Free trial review

Reviewed on 2019-06-26

i am currently working on a subcontractor management project Gantt chart to submit to my lecturers in university and i find that Gantt Pro is very help full in making a schedule of works which allows both the project manager and client to visually understand the whole project. this ranges from milestones to adding side tasks along the way. Overall i am very happy with Gantt Pro and i recommend it to anyone who is looking to plan future projects to make workflow easier to track.

Pros

I liked this software because it allows me to produce Gantt Charts to properly manage my projects.
This also enables my supervisor/client to see deadline dates & milestones which also serves as a progress report.

Cons

i didnt like how the software kept on refreshing each time i tried to undo a step. To me this feels like it kind of takes time especially when you have slow internet.

Roger R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Simple, easy to use and a number of features

Reviewed on 2017-09-11

Fast and easy to get up and running. I have the lifetime free account so I cannot beat the value. Ability to access from anywhere.

Pros

I really like that I can quickly outline a number of tasks and get a high-level overview done in a limited amount of time.

Cons

I have found it is difficult (as compared with MS Project) when needing to use the more advanced features - both time consuming and repetitive.

Rahul S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Ganttpro for easy Project Management

Reviewed on 2019-05-05

Pros

I was looking for a tool to easily manage CPS with a small team for a large program with lots of dependencies. I came across Ganttpro and it is one of the easiest to use tools I have found and being on cloud it makes it very easy for team to collaborate as well great job in making such a great tool.

Cons

Nothing so far, though maybe a mobile app will make it more accesible

Alex C.

Very Good Software!

Reviewed on 2019-06-02

Need to create a gantt chart for my uni assignement. I can easily do this with GanttPRO

Pros

I liked the ease of use. It was very easy to Display visually and time wise my project plan, which was needed for my school project. I especially liked how realistic it was, and it matched my theory components exactly. Its really easy to set tasks and then sub tasks underneath. Then in order to see the whole picture, the days / weeks zoom function is really really useful. Color coding is really nice for a cool looking gantt chart. The tutorial really helped with my understanding of how gantt charts work , and how to effectively work the app. Thank you!

Cons

Not sure. all my requirements are satisfied using this app.

Michael M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 2019-04-26

I work as a project manager but I am in my last year of my graduate studies in Economics and Management. I chose to do my thesis on project management and as a part of it, I was doing a research on alternatives of MS Project. I came accross GanttPRO and I am so glad for that. This web based tool fascinated me so much that I use it now as the main PM tool for my thesis and my work too. It is super intuitive and I think that the developers nailed it, congratulations!

Pros

Intuitivness, simplicity, options on choosing different columns, possiblity of colaboration in teams with colleagues

Cons

A desktop version would make it a perfect tool

Ainara B.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Very useful tool

Reviewed on 2019-05-13

Pros

It is a very intuitive and useful tool for project management. the combination of the Gantt chart and the Kanban board is great

Cons

I cannot make links between the different projects I create in the tool. It would be a very nice feature: have a master schedule and link the schedules of associated work packages to the master schedule.

Lena D.

• Customer Support Software

An easy way to make Gantt charts

Reviewed on 2020-03-23

I tried a lot of tools to make a Gantt Chart. This one is easy to use, intuitive, and have many features that really helped me like the cost by person wich is automatically updated. The user interface is great and modern too.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Intuitive
- Many features
- Modern
- Many possibilities to export the chart

Cons

Don't see anything for the moment, maybe more templates

Dennis F.

Great planning tool superior than MS Project

Reviewed on 2019-04-07

This software is amazing to be used in my graduation project from the University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. If possible I will try to use this same software planning tool in the future and in my professional career.

Pros

The thing what stands out the most is the easy to use interface and the export function. People without knowledge of this software will easily navigate through the interface. Also, I like to function of adding documents inside this software for extra clarity.

Cons

I do not like that this software cannot integrate with Microsoft Outlook 201x. I would like that this software is made available in the Dutch language, so colleagues who are lesser known of the English language can use this software.