Mailbutler Business

Email communication and contact management

4.7 /5 (71 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.3
4.6
4.8
4.6
Kavya S.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

True to its name--outstanding buttling

Reviewed on 2021-01-06

Pros

I downloaded this software after hearing a coworker rave about its features, and it hasn't disappointed. Seamless installation. The tracking info, which includes when the email was opened, is such a handy feature. The Mailbutler email signature designs are sleek. The undo send is a godsend and is easier to use than Gmail's version. Highly recommend this software.

Cons

Occasionally the delay mail feature takes a moment "preparing" the email before sending, which can be mildly irritating but it usually resolves under a minute.

Samy-félix P.
Industry: Real Estate

A need to Have App

Reviewed on 2021-01-05

Pros

It's already 4 years I'm using Mailbutler everyday for my personnal and proffessionnal use.
Now, with this app, I have it in My iphone, it's so useful. I can't miss it !

I use a lot the undo setup wich allow to undo after sending a message.
The read confirmation too, very useful on Apple mail.

Cons

They put away a fonction, making you able to add files in mail and with a click, the files was transformed in links to the files on gooogle drive, so useful and now they stop it.

Anika L.
Industry: Graphic Design

Life saver

Reviewed on 2021-01-11

Besides the above-mentioned disapointment with the subscription changes, I honestly cannot run my business without MailButler! I am a night owl and tend to do most of my work at night, after business hours. I don't want to encourage clients to email me at all hours expecting a response, so the ability to snooze/schedule emails to appear and send during my business hours is a life-saver!

It's also amazing to be able to see if my emails have been opened, and the time they were opened. This has helped to resolve some conflicts in the past.

All-in-all, I would highly recommend MailButler to all night-owl entrepreneurs like myself. It will save so much time and brain space to let MailButler do the heavy lifting.

Pros

Send-later allows me to schedule emails during my business hours.
The ability to see if the email has been opened is an asset.
Works with all the emails on my server system.
Super easy to use within the MacMail system.

Cons

I originally purchased MailButler when it was called "Send-Later" and the scheduling was all it did. The Send-Later software was sold at $25 for life, but within a year of me purchasing it, was bundled within a subscription (MailButler) and the Send-Later software was no longer updated. I now pay per month almost the same that the "for life" software cost.

Shaun M.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 2021-01-05

Pros

The ability to know exactly when someone opened and read the email without asking for a read receipt is so good, it allows you to act dynamically in pursuing leads, chasing responses and more... the ability to add custom signatures to multiple email accounts makes life so easy and the Schedule send is the icing on the cake

Cons

Cost is high for small business, but there is a lot in the package

David T.
Industry: Law Practice

Efficient, simple and what else

Reviewed on 2020-08-26

Pros

Integration with the Mail Mac client easy and simple. It works fairly well within an Apple environment despite some issues with the "send later" option.
Allows with its readiness, efficient managing of email flows and follow-up.
A terrific cutomer team: prompt to answer, reliable, professional

Cons

Crashes from time to time Mail Mac and few issues that yet are oftenly corrected with updates.

Kelli C.
Industry: Real Estate

Mailbutler has some great features!

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

Pretty good, it is helping us schedule emails and therefore not need to set reminders (that may be missed) to send out emails and schedule everything in advance.

Pros

We love the ability to add this extension to our Apple Mail, and then use it to schedule emails to be sent out at a later date.

Cons

The other provided features with this software are unnecessary to us, and usually just make simple tasks on Mailbutler annoying. Every once in a while, the software fails and important emails don't get sent as scheduled.

Simon R.
Industry: Legal Services

Great add-on to Apple Mail

Reviewed on 2021-01-06

Really like MailButler. It keeps my email routine organized. The possibility to set reminders and to confirm when an email has been read is very useful.

Customer service is A+

Highly recommended !

Pros

Ability to send email at a later date
Ability to see when an email has been opened

Cons

iOS app more limited. But not a dealbreaker for me.

Matteo M.

An amazing productivity tool

Reviewed on 2020-08-25

Pros

Easy to install, very easy to use, very useful to boost your productivity (the TASK and the SNOOZE features really help me a lot)

Cons

Every time the software is updated you need to quit and relaunch Mail in orders for the updates to take effects. Just a little small annoyance, though.

Vincent C.
Industry: Philanthropy

Absolutely essential

Reviewed on 2020-08-26

Pros

I use several signatures for different profile : personal, association leader

Cons

What's missing ?
1) For sending to multiple recipients, find out who opened the sent mail
2) a version for Thunderbird. Apple mail lack some features

Amanda W.
Industry: Entertainment

A simple and easy way to track and schedule emails

Reviewed on 2018-06-29

Pros

I really like that you are able to track all emails that you send out. This helps with being able to send appropriate follow up emails.

Cons

From what I understand this service is only compatible with Mac Mail (which I use). I don't always send emails from Mac Mail and would like it to be compatible with Google, as well as mobile capabilities.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Essential for Apple Mail

Reviewed on 2018-12-05

Pros

I bought it so that I can tell when people read my emails without having to request a read receipt, which continue to flood your inbox. It provides that information exceptionally well. I also live for the "snooze."

Cons

I need this product on my phone as well. I have to draft an email and wait until I get to my computer so I can send it, otherwise I won't get the read notifications.
I would love to know about my links, but that feature is too expensive. I use bitly.

Carlyle L.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Are Your Emails and Email Links Being Seen and Read?

Reviewed on 2020-08-25

Again as I have indicated, users not in a business environment would not be able to purchase the professional edition as it is expensive

Pros

Mailbutler is an amazing piece of software. Whenever I send an email or an email which has links, I can be notified by Mailbutler that the email has been read and if the receiver has opened any links that I have included in my email. There are many other features to this software that I can use when necessary like delaying when an email can be sent.

Cons

The Mailbutler Business is the professional side of Mailbutler which is extremely expensive for users who are are not in a business environment but would like to use some features in the business application.

Tom Y.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Mailbutler

Reviewed on 2020-08-25

Very positive at this time.

Pros

Mailbutler is easy to use and with multi-email, multi-device capabilities, very easy to keep up with tracked emails.

Cons

Looking forward to seeing the impact of the upcoming cutoff of essentials, but for now, very happy with the software.

Amy R.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Makes Mail better!

Reviewed on 2021-01-06

Pros

It improves Apple Mail features. I like having a delay on sending an email, making notes on emails and reminders.
and being able to track what emails I sent to who in one easy place

Cons

The cost is quite high, so you'd have to really need all the pro features and utilise them daily to make it worth the cost.

Corey T.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020-08-25

Pros

I love the delayed email features, which allows you to schedule and send emails at a later time. I can compose emails for my team while sitting on the couch at night, and schedule them to send at 8am. Super function!

Cons

System glitches or fails at times, and emails aren't sent properly.

Mike K.
Industry: Computer Software

I like many features, but inconsistent on emails and tracked links -too many bugs

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020-09-04

Pros

Simple to automatically track emails, how often clicked, where, and on type of device. I like that I receive notifications in the browser when my emails are opened or email links clicked. The dashboard could be better.

Cons

I liked many features with Mailbutler, but several of my emails are not being tracked. Using Office 365 (client), most of my emails are not being tracked. It seemed to work better-sending emails via my browser. Hopefully, support can figure out why this is happening.. response from support is a little slow

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

William E.
Industry: Mining & Metals

Mailbutler is great

Reviewed on 2021-01-11

Pros

It adds many functions to my mailbox and streamlines the addition of custom signatures. Really great software

Cons

Nothing. It is just wonderful. It has met all my expectations and then some!

Industry: International Trade & Development

Check carefully to see if this is really the best solution for you

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-06-10

It works perfectly, but I think that there are other more cost effective ways to do what this software offers

Pros

It integrated easily with my native mail app to fill a gap between what Microsoft Outlook would do and features offered in Apple Mail eg delaying send, setting up templates,

Cons

The limits on the number of actions in each level didn't really fit with my business and I found it to be more cost effective to just buy Microsoft Office and use outlook

Anibal S.
Industry: Government Administration

Great for organizing mail

Reviewed on 2020-08-25

Pros

Snoozing feature, great compatibility and dont have to put password.

Cons

bit expensive for personal use but works fine.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Great product but not a good match with Mac

Reviewed on 2020-07-08

Great idea, great features, but compatibility with Mac is poor.

Pros

The features Mailbutler offers are simple yet brilliant, makes you wonder why regular mailing programs do not all have these as part of their standard package. In a way I think that will be Mailbutlers' problem at some point, that all their popular features are copied and offered for free by the giants as well.

Cons

After nearly a year I decided to uninstall Mailbutler. I loved the functionality but it caused my apple mail to crash all the time, on both my Mac computers. I felt heartbroken, but it was getting really annoying having to restart mail all the time.

Igor P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Mac Mail Integration with MailButler My experience.

Reviewed on 2020-08-25

Easy to use, with powerful features.

Pros

The ability to use Mac Mail and be able to create task and integrate with other software like Asana. I use Mac Mail heavily and rely on the features to manage multiple email account at the same Time. Very few plugins do a good job integrating with Mac Mail. The ability to Track Emails and share information with team member without leaving the Mail app is absolutely Fantastic. I work at night so the ability to send mail in the morning so it does not look like I am up at 3am is great. It also insures that my client gets the email at he time I like.

Cons

No Cons, Its does what it was intended to do.. I use it in conjunction with other CRM solutions to complete my workflow and make my workflow simpler.

Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

I can't live without MailButler!

Reviewed on 2021-01-13

I have tried most of the third-party email clients for Apple, both app-based and Web-based. While you can get a lot of third-party add-ons for Gmail, for example, they are created in a vacuum where no add-on necessarily knows about any other add-on. Interfaces are mixed, some add-ons interfere with others, there is no logical product roadmap, and problems are rife. Mailbutler is powerful, well-integrated, logical and all its features just work.

Pros

Pause before sending, alert when attachment is missing, menubar pulldown of emails summary, smooth seamless integration with Apple Mail, regular new features rolling out, open-minded development team that listens to user suggestions, lightning fast and competent customer support and so much more...

Cons

I don't think features are missing so much as I might be missing features, by which I mean I'm not sure I'm exploiting all of MailButler's power. And...that's part of what I love — finding new ways to be even more productive!

Lamar K.
Company size: Self Employed

MailButler is indispensable to me. Can't live without it.

Reviewed on 2021-01-06

Besides using the template feature, the two other standout features are email tracking to see who has opened your email (and when they first opened it) and scheduling of emails to be sent later. These three features alone make this product well worth the money. I would also say that customer service is great. They are responsive and helpful.

Pros

The integration with Apple Mail (desktop) has been flawless for me. The best feature, among many, is the ability to make an email template to send the same email to many different people without using a mass email client.

Cons

Email tracking is not foolproof. Just because a sent email does not show that it has been opened and read doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been. But that is a very minor issue.

David O.
Industry: Hospitality

Mailbutler - Make Mail Great Again

Reviewed on 2021-01-09

Pros

I love Mailbutler. The abilities it has via it's service interface to cleanly and quietly track if people have read your emails, setting reminders on emails, and expansive customer relationship management features make mailbutler indispensable as a plugin for Apple Mail. Apple Mail overall is a great mail client.. you'll be hard pressed to find something that works as well within the macOS ecosphere. Mailbutler makes your email productive again.

Cons

Previously there was an 'allowance' of Business-level features (tracking when emails were opened, how often, what devices, etc). And that feature was removed. It's a shame, because there are use-cases where you might only use that feature 5-10 times a month. Having to upgrade to the Business product for a feature you might only use half-a-dozen times seems excessive.

Ben B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Mail Powered Up

Reviewed on 2018-12-10

MailButler provides some enhanced productivity options, and the only way to add some of these powerful productivity features into the native Mac email client.

Pros

The integration with the Mac Mail client is my favourite feature of this software. Whilst the Mac mail client may not be the best or cleverest email application available, it works well within an Apple environment and when combined with Mailbutler really gets powered up.
There's lots of options and preferences to choose from, and some great productivity features included. One of my favourite bits is the options to turn on or off each feature from the UI. I much prefer a clean UI and Mail butler gives the features and flexibility to use them how I want.

Cons

In the most recent version of the software a feature no longer works on my device. The ability to snooze certain inboxes during certain hours. For example the ability to snooze work email alerts between certain hours. If this functionality was resolved I don't think I could think of a single problem.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10