4.5
Akhilesh M.
Industry: Telecommunications

Backlog has your back!

Reviewed on 2020-05-02

The product is clutter-free and any features that are added have simple use cases and helps in easier implementation. A good user interface to avoid daily hassles involved in bug/defect reporting daily as a tester.

Pros

Bug identification and creation have never been simpler. Its unique way to describe and categorize the issue at hand is well sorted and makes for a clean and understandable user experience.

Cons

There might be issues that are created and assigned by parts and during bug/defect identification and creation, assigning these bugs should have an option to assign multiple members instead of single-member.

Cabin Y.
Industry: Computer Games

Easy and Very Useful tool to manage projects

Reviewed on 2020-04-28

In general, gives a very good overview to the team and the project manager on who is doing what exactly. Following up on tasks that have not been completed is easy and is a very transparent way to work.

Pros

Can easily separate tasks through projects and milestones. I especially love the Gantt Chart and how each it is to use. Overall just great to see overall picture of how the project is doing and who is doing what.

Cons

I find it frustrating to changing Status only after creating the task. I wish I could change when I create a task if it was already Closed, Resolves or In Progress instead of always clicking each task and changing it manually. Feel very time consuming.

Mitchell S.
Industry: Computer Software

Backlog is a very useful tool

Reviewed on 2020-09-23

Backlog has helped us better track software bugs and issues reported by our clients. It's definitely made our clients more satisfied with our service that we're now able to better keep track of, and respond to, the bugs and issues they raise.

Pros

I like the way Backlog helps us keep track of bugs and issues and which member of our team is assigned to them. Keeping track of bugs and issues that our clients raise is one of the areas that we struggle the most with, and Backlog helps us address this potential shortcoming.

Cons

Some parts of the interface can be a little counter-intuitive to navigate. I think the next iteration of the Backlog interface could go a long way to make the tool easier to use, smoother, and even more useful.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Easy to learn quality program

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019-08-25

Overall excellent app for a great cost that your team has control over. You get to pay for the level your team will use without the burden of overwhelming excess features. Definitely recommend.

Pros

I've been trying out a lot of project management software lately and I think Backlog is a strong contender among them. It's quick to learn and the UI is sleek and appealing. It has all the essential features for project tracking and coordination. I liked the inclusion of the Wiki as well, and I like the tiered subscription model they use, making it easy to find a level of feature availability that suites your team's needs.

Cons

There isn't anything major that stands out. There's room for more options and features (more specificity in the prioritization area, maybe) but it has all the essentials from what I can tell.

Vivek O.

My experience for backlog is awesome.

Reviewed on 2017-09-01

Pros

It has given a great platform to collaborate for work.
We manage many of our projects on backlog which makes us more efficient and we can focus on more work rather than hitch-ups due to processes and management.
Great tool.

Cons

Yes, if you talk about cons I do feel there is need for internal documents creation like Excel ppt etc.
If I want to make some data or have issue which requires tabular form, I don't have much options than just to create an excel and attach it's links.

Bhadra A.
Industry: Retail

Good Experience

Reviewed on 2019-04-15

After using Backlog, each project management has been improved: better time management, better updates in team during project progress

Pros

- project management based
- easy to use and create project/issue

Cons

- some part confusing in terms of UI
- people who was notified at first time issue created, wont be automatically notified if not mention in notify people when make comment/update

Industry: Computer Software

Review for Backlog

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

Pros

It's easy to manage task on Gantt Chart. I can see status, edit start time and end time,...without having to refresh the page.

Cons

When i review pull request on Backlog, i can't see the number of deleted line, added line and total changed line. Github has this feature.

Santhosh rao M.

Best Review Software

Reviewed on 2018-09-26

I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

Pros

I can easily found out my issues raised by tester.

Cons

Nothing found so far. If possible, provide web push notifications.

Jeremy C.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Backlog for the Win

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pros

We use backlog everyday to track various projects withing our department. The easy of adding new items to the log and quickly finding them is a plus.

Cons

Only thing we really need is an approval based system that ties into Backlog for change management. Often times approval are required to be shown in the business world.

Suzanne L.

Overall not a bad experience

Reviewed on 2017-08-11

Pros

ease of use

Cons

one feature that your tools does not provide is the ability to put more people in the loop for CC and notify automatically if there is an update

Anuj R.
Industry: Research

I would recommend this software

Reviewed on 2019-08-20

Overall it is an awesome tool.

Pros

It improves connectivity among employees and is very user friendly

Cons

The search button present at different location does not work the same way.

Gaurav T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Extremely Easy to use and Quicker!

Reviewed on 2019-04-15

Its a good project management and bug tracking tool.

Pros

- Backlog is quite faster in terms of search
- Dashboard and other projects related stuffs are well organized
- Rich functionalities for project management

Cons

One thing I noticed in Backlog is listing of parent issue and sub issue, its showing both of them when we assigned an issue to some parent issue, it should only show the parent one and when click on that parent issue it will open up the sub issues if it have any.

Shannon F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Project Management Tool!

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

Being able to separate and track small issues as well as categorize larger projects has been a huge help. Also, by assigning tasks to individuals, it holds them accountable to their responsibilities and tracks the timeline of progress.

Pros

-Ease of use
-Bridging communication between teams
-Trackability of projects/issues
-Having a separate tool for project management, which helps minimize email clutter

Cons

haven't found any, yet!

Carissa F.
Industry: Education Management

Backlog for integration into Workday

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-11-18

Pros

It has good functionality for setting deadlines, tagging people, and notifications.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment as something to dislike.

Bhopal S.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

Overall experience is excellent.

Pros

It is very user-friendly, we can manage the display according to our need.

Cons

I Like it. Status change feature could be changed, we should have a quick status change feature.

Dennis K.
Company size: Self Employed

Awesome product for freelance business!

Reviewed on 2020-11-04

Overall it has been great. It has helped me organize my freelance business and that means happier clients and more money in the pocket!

Pros

The board is extremely intuitive and easy to use. It is very easy to add notes, change status of the ticket, and track where the project is currently at.

Cons

It could be nice to have the ability to add and delete columns from the board for different custom stages of the projects that I am working on. I have used some other bug trackers, and it has come in handy there.

David M.
Industry: Design

Great free version

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020-10-20

Pros

The free version is great, and the paid functionality seems awesome.

Cons

It has a comprehensive set of tools for managing different aspects of the company, and sometimes it is a bit overwhelming.

Surendra P.
Industry: E-Learning

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020-05-05

It is very user friendly and easy to use

Pros

I have been using backlog from the past 2+ years. It is very easy to use. It has many features like wiki, store file, gantt chart... Recently they introduced the Board which is very useful to see all the tasks in one place.

Cons

There is nothing i am disliking from this software

Daniel O.
Industry: Internet

At first Backlog seems like a bit much but now our team could not function with out it.

Reviewed on 2017-08-31

Streamlined workflow and the ability to see who's accountable for what and where projects are.

It's help us stay on track and keep projects under budget and on time.

Pros

It's task oriented without feeling like a burden. Other project management tools I've used feel like glorified lists but Backlog offers a lot more.

Getting your team on board is difficult but the flow of using Backlog makes sense and came natural for us. We work 100% remotely so if it didn't work we would know right away something wasn't right.

Cons

For us, one of the strengths about Backlog is the integrations with Typetalk. We use both but I do with they were more tightly integrated.

For example, simply using at mentions on Backlog. Messages from Backlog issues go to Typetalk and we use @username to create an alert on Typetalk at the same time.

This might be particular to our team but it's really helpful. When I type (@) on a Backlog comment or description I want the list of usernames to show.

Sandeep G.
Industry: Cosmetics

we are love to use backlog

Reviewed on 2018-09-28

Pros

I liked the way of bugs maintenance and having simple ui to understand by the non technical persons as well.

Cons

mail structure. In mail try to add bug status in front. (closed or added). In mobile push notifications we are unable to differentiate whether it is added or closed.

Eric P.
Industry: Research
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A great app for any work with an active team

Reviewed on 2019-07-17

We work in a research project for Artificial Intelligence in Games.

Pros

I really like the fact, this is easy to add some issues and to follow any kind of problem. This is also really easy to assign an issue to someone.

Cons

The different kinds of priority are not enough, that will be better to let the user define its own priority (high, normal and low are not enough sometimes to make the difference)

Industry: Machinery
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

This service is very good.

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

We use Backlog to track all the work in the department. All the documentation is stored in Backlog. It's very convienant.

Pros

The software works well. It makes it easy to track what everyone in the group is accomplishing each day.

Cons

When we send emails to Backlog, embedded pictures are lost. We work around it but it would be better if it just worked. Additional reporting would be nice to have.

Carmen G.
Company size: Self Employed

Backlog Review

Reviewed on 2018-04-23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Solid PM tool with flexible pricing options.

Pros

Solid Project Management tool for software development teams. Interface is intuitive and training is minimal. Good reporting and project communication capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the more advanced features you are looking for are only available in the higher cost subscriptions.

Prabu L.

Backlog review

Reviewed on 2019-03-25

We can track the issue's status but its does not have completion percentage of the issue. Improve UI

Pros

issue type and tags. Easy to create new issue/task

Cons

Need to concentrate on User Interface so that user can easily access the app

Alex R.
Industry: Program Development

Backlog

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019-03-04

Various team planning projects organized with the developers, organizers of activities, the testing and support team. It is wonderful the system of assignment of tasks and notifications that allows to always take the project to the day and with the priorities to solve.

Pros

Easy to use and practical for manage projects and teams

Cons

The attachment files is not very much easy to use, it may be better