Đặng H.

• Customer Support Software

Backlog need to be changed and improved

Reviewed on 2019-02-11

Sorry but the truth is inconvenience for me. I hope Backlog can do more for me and my project.
I can't have the statistics I want at Home, I can't see overall my project ...
I Hope Backlog can be developed and help us more in the future.

Pros

The color of issue can be changed, I can customize the characteristics of issue for each project.

Cons

when I filter all issue of project , it shows parents issue and sub-issue. If I click on the arrow, which is head of parent issue, Backlog shows all of sub-issue of that parent issue, which are showed before. So many issues are showed twice. It can make me confused.
I think Backlog shoud list parent issue and issue has no parent issue. About issue has parent issue, you can hide and when user click on the arrow, it can be showed.

Milan K.

After months using free version for 1 project we successfully moved to paid version for all...

Reviewed on 2020-06-17

We track not only reported issues/incidents, but also the planned project tasks to have overview who is working on and what is the backlog of all unassigned tasks.
The main benefit is to not have projects information in several excel or project files but in one place. Also our status meetings with our teams are faster and more effective.

Pros

Easy to setup and use including graphic differentiation and access rights for individual projects (customer logo and colors).
No training required for users in our company who adopted this tool very fast.
In addition, GantChart is really usable with several options for grouping, automatic issue creation from email is also useful to support our clients and track how our internal specialists perform. Internal wiki is also used in our company to document not only the knowledges and technical information to be shared with others in the team, but also the meeting minutes related to our projects - everything stored and available in one place.
The mobile application also works as expected.

Cons

It is not possible to create links/relations in GantChart helping to display dependencies and reschedule the project tasks when something happen - now all issues have to be moved manually.
Navigation in wiki would be enhanced little bit.

Hai N.

Some Uncomfortable

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

Very good expect 2 thinks above

Pros

- Grantt chart and burndown chart..

Cons

1. It's "Copy custom Fields From other Project" in [Project Settings] -> [Custom Field]
=> I dont know why "(※ Relation with issue types not copied)". It's very uncomfortable for me and someone manage like me.
=> Our Company have Standard Custom Field for all Project about 100 Custom FIled and some Custom Issue Type. When I Open the new Project , I just wanna Copy all Custom Field and Issue Type from Old Project.
But not like this, just copy Customfield and Availabes all Issue types. After that, I must to click 1 by 1 to fix, or delete. It's take many time from me. how long i will spent for fix that with 100 custom Field and Custom Issue Type????
Please think about that. and fix this
I just want to Copy all Custom Field + Issue Type from the old Project to New Project. and button delete all Custom Field
2. It's Add a Group of member to Old/Archive Project.
=> It's very hard. I have alrd 100+ project archive and click 1 by 1 to add a Group member. so bad.really bad.
Please add a Button add a Group of member to all Project or atleast let our choose list project to add.

Nguyen N.

• Customer Support Software

Good services with the best price

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Pros

Cons

need add more than status check (current status: open, In progress, Resolved, Closed) need add more (Review)

Mendy D.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Backlog helped my team with organization

Reviewed on 2020-06-16

Pros

My team is using this product to log issues about a new website we are running live. We are able to each submit issues, whether it's an urgent item that has to be fixed or just a suggestion on something we would like to see changed. It keeps us from double logging our issues because we can see all of the issues daily and our IT person can log and communicate the status on each issue. It seems to be helping us stay organized on what items are priorities.

Cons

I don't like that you have to click on the issue to see the latest comments on it. I wish it would display the latest comment like a preview of an email will.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good tool overall for bug tracking

Reviewed on 2019-09-12

Overall pretty solid with great features to keep everyone growing the boat in the same direction!

Pros

Backlog is a fairly simple and intuitive platform that gives the full development/product teams visibility into bugs reported by the business and allows for simple, seamless prioritization.

Cons

It's cool that Backlog offers iPhone and Android apps but they're a little diminished feature-wise compared to the full app. Still pretty handy though!

Praveen S.

Product for Monitoring Product Activities

Reviewed on 2020-04-29

My experience with Backlog was excellent as we were looking for tool to monitor our product development. As we were a startup company we have limited source on funds and came across with backlog which supports our cause. We appreciate Nulabs for providing us their platform for supporting our team in our product development, And would definitely would be recommend Backlog.

Pros

Ease to Use, Team Member were able to use it on their own without any support, Quick response for support from backlog team.

Cons

Nothing as such , would suggest that if you could simplify use of filters.

Hernan A.

A must in UAT stage

Reviewed on 2021-03-14

We are in a huge project that goes from an old BSS to a new one. We are moving from monolithic software to a microservices architecture, so the project is quite complex. The backlog allows us to handle issues during user acceptance testing in a very clean and dynamic way.

Pros

Very easy set up. Users can get used to the tool very quickly without special knowledge or training.

Cons

We have been using the tool for 2 months and we still have the benefit, so I have not detected any drawbacks yet ...

Pramod S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 2018-10-10

Pros

Easy to maintain bugs and their state .Very Useful.

Cons

Still i did not find any Cons in this software.

Rilson M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very complete tool

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

Very good tool;
Complete in functionality and serves my business well.

Pros

The level of detail that can be added to a issue

Cons

I miss adding more pictures to describe a bug, and possibly tagging and editing the placed images.

T l S.

Sreedharan Reivew on Backlog Tool

Reviewed on 2019-05-20

Excellent Ticketing System with ease of use , Reduces the time spent on updating etc

Pros

Ease of use,We based and easy navigation and filter functions.
Faster retrieval of information
Status updation takes less time

Cons

While copy & pasting from word documents Alignment gets rearranged and the contents become unreadable

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

An excellent project management and collaboration tool available for teams

Reviewed on 2019-05-22

An easy to use project management application that meets customer expectation.

Pros

It is a designer and programmer friendly tool where it's easy to collaborate without any noticeable hassles

Cons

Though it has many prons I still believe it could have more features and I observed a couple of time integration issue as well.

Sunny A.

Using Backlog

Reviewed on 2018-03-19

Pros

Great project management app or just because you need a issue management, subtasking, bug tracking and burndown charts app. The user interface and user experience works best.

Cons

It is awesome for collaboration and the integrations are seamless. This requires multiple steps in the software.

Akshaykumar P.

• Customer Support Software

Good

Reviewed on 2019-06-11

Pros

bugs add functionality of this menu , filtration of task items etc.

Cons

particularize bugs of rates , data operations etc.

Emily W.

Reviewed on 2018-10-09

Pros

It's easy to use as a bug tracking tool as well as a requirement management tool.

Cons

It doesn't have the required functionalities for product roadmap management and burndown charts.

Akhilesh M.

Backlog has your back!

Reviewed on 2020-05-02

The product is clutter-free and any features that are added have simple use cases and helps in easier implementation. A good user interface to avoid daily hassles involved in bug/defect reporting daily as a tester.

Pros

Bug identification and creation have never been simpler. Its unique way to describe and categorize the issue at hand is well sorted and makes for a clean and understandable user experience.

Cons

There might be issues that are created and assigned by parts and during bug/defect identification and creation, assigning these bugs should have an option to assign multiple members instead of single-member.

Mitchell S.

Backlog is a very useful tool

Reviewed on 2020-09-23

Backlog has helped us better track software bugs and issues reported by our clients. It's definitely made our clients more satisfied with our service that we're now able to better keep track of, and respond to, the bugs and issues they raise.

Pros

I like the way Backlog helps us keep track of bugs and issues and which member of our team is assigned to them. Keeping track of bugs and issues that our clients raise is one of the areas that we struggle the most with, and Backlog helps us address this potential shortcoming.

Cons

Some parts of the interface can be a little counter-intuitive to navigate. I think the next iteration of the Backlog interface could go a long way to make the tool easier to use, smoother, and even more useful.

Santhosh rao M.

Best Review Software

Reviewed on 2018-09-26

I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

Pros

I can easily found out my issues raised by tester.

Cons

Nothing found so far. If possible, provide web push notifications.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to learn quality program

Reviewed on 2019-08-25

Overall excellent app for a great cost that your team has control over. You get to pay for the level your team will use without the burden of overwhelming excess features. Definitely recommend.

Pros

I've been trying out a lot of project management software lately and I think Backlog is a strong contender among them. It's quick to learn and the UI is sleek and appealing. It has all the essential features for project tracking and coordination. I liked the inclusion of the Wiki as well, and I like the tiered subscription model they use, making it easy to find a level of feature availability that suites your team's needs.

Cons

There isn't anything major that stands out. There's room for more options and features (more specificity in the prioritization area, maybe) but it has all the essentials from what I can tell.

Cabin Y.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Easy and Very Useful tool to manage projects

Reviewed on 2020-04-28

In general, gives a very good overview to the team and the project manager on who is doing what exactly. Following up on tasks that have not been completed is easy and is a very transparent way to work.

Pros

Can easily separate tasks through projects and milestones. I especially love the Gantt Chart and how each it is to use. Overall just great to see overall picture of how the project is doing and who is doing what.

Cons

I find it frustrating to changing Status only after creating the task. I wish I could change when I create a task if it was already Closed, Resolves or In Progress instead of always clicking each task and changing it manually. Feel very time consuming.

Vivek O.

• Customer Support Software

My experience for backlog is awesome.

Reviewed on 2017-09-01

Pros

It has given a great platform to collaborate for work.
We manage many of our projects on backlog which makes us more efficient and we can focus on more work rather than hitch-ups due to processes and management.
Great tool.

Cons

Yes, if you talk about cons I do feel there is need for internal documents creation like Excel ppt etc.
If I want to make some data or have issue which requires tabular form, I don't have much options than just to create an excel and attach it's links.

Bhadra A.

Good Experience

Reviewed on 2019-04-15

After using Backlog, each project management has been improved: better time management, better updates in team during project progress

Pros

- project management based
- easy to use and create project/issue

Cons

- some part confusing in terms of UI
- people who was notified at first time issue created, wont be automatically notified if not mention in notify people when make comment/update

Review for Backlog

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

Pros

It's easy to manage task on Gantt Chart. I can see status, edit start time and end time,...without having to refresh the page.

Cons

When i review pull request on Backlog, i can't see the number of deleted line, added line and total changed line. Github has this feature.

Jeremy C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Backlog for the Win

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

Pros

We use backlog everyday to track various projects withing our department. The easy of adding new items to the log and quickly finding them is a plus.

Cons

Only thing we really need is an approval based system that ties into Backlog for change management. Often times approval are required to be shown in the business world.

Suzanne L.

Overall not a bad experience

Reviewed on 2017-08-11

Pros

ease of use

Cons

one feature that your tools does not provide is the ability to put more people in the loop for CC and notify automatically if there is an update