ipapi

Web analytics with IP address lookup and location API

5 /5 (3 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Chris W.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Online IP Geolocation services

Reviewed on 2021-02-08

Been an excellent experience. Customer support is top notch even with the free trial.

Pros

Tried this product with free trial. It definitely suites my dev needs. Was running into an issue with query limits and reached out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] @ ipapi who quickly resolved my issue. It's an awesome service for me as previously I was using outdated command line tools to do the same job which did not lend itself well to running in isolated environments. IPAPI made all these problems go away and even provided support to me even with the free trial which you don't really see anymore these days (most companies want subscriptions/etc before helping you.) If you need reliable geolocation data for IP addresses, these folks win hands down.

Cons

Haven't found any problems yet that couldn't be resolved either on my own or with the help of IPAPI support.

Response from Kloudend

We are delighted to know that you've found our service useful.

Konstantinos F.

• Customer Support Software

Perfect solution for up lookup

Reviewed on 2021-02-12

Perfect.

Pros

Lots of information is available for the ip. Also when I had the slightest issue they were overly responsive and solved it immediately. Very rare for an API that gives 1000 calls/day for free.

Cons

Documentation. I wish there was a page that gave you more information about all the potential results. Like what are all the country codes?

Response from Kloudend

Thank you for the feedback Konstantinos. We've started by adding a data repository with country, continent & currency codes here https://github.com/ipapi-co/data .

Alana C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Accurate, fast, and excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2021-04-23

We need to identify OUS users so that we don't email them with information about drugs that are approved only the US. This tool is great for that, and again, their customer service is superlative.

Pros

I find that the accuracy of this product is excellent. Other IP lookups had errors, but IPAPI does not. I found it easy to use, and did its lookups very quickly. And the customer service is amazing - they are super responsive and helpful. I over estimated how many IP addresses I would be processing, and they are giving me a refund. Can't recommend them more highly.

Cons

If you're not using an API, you need to use an executable, which could cause problems in corporate environments that lock down external software usage.