ExakTime

Time and location tracking for mobile & field workforces.

3.7/5
3.7/5
3.9/5
Customer Support Software
4.1/5

• Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Does exactly what it should.

Reviewed on 2018-06-21

Pros

I haven't had any issues and all of the features work without trouble. The ExakTime team was helpful and quick with implementation.

Cons

I don't know of much negative to say. The price is right for what it is and it works well. I suppose it could use a more modern looking UI.

Response from ExakTime

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience and that the features are making your time tracking easier.

Scott
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and very intuitive. Highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 2018-05-01

Pros

Easy to use...user friendly. Anyone can navigate through the software to all the different available options without having to go through a tutorial or manual. Also, the customer service is top notch (not that we've needed much).

Cons

So far I haven't notice anything that's super terrible but one thing I think that can improved upon is the reporting features and options...or should I say not many options. I feel they could offer more reporting options based on all the different types of data that is collected. I'm sure there are many different needs for different companies, so that may be part of the reason why there aren't a ton of reporting options.

Response from ExakTime

Hello Scott,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying our product. We will submit your feedback to our product teams.

Jessica

• Customer Support Software

75% of the time I really enjoy exaktime. The other 25% of the time I have problems with it.

Reviewed on 2018-06-14

Pros

I really like being able to track hours and records, and run customized reports. I also like that we don't have to bring the clocks in to collect the hours.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the updates. Every time it updates, another problem is created. I am not a person who gets frustrated easily, but after years of bad experiences with customer support I tend to get frustrated easily when I have to talk to them. We usually run into problems while doing payroll, and then we have to wait for them to call us back. After they call back I have to spend a couple hours on the phone trying to troubleshoot the problem, at the most inconvenient time. We purchased the software in 2011, and so we know how it works and what reports are available because we have been using the same functions and reports for years. If something breaks and I call in to support I am frequently told that has never been an option and if it was than it was a flaw in the program, or that we have been doing things wrong and we shouldn't be doing our payroll the way we are doing it.

Response from ExakTime

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. I am going to be passing it along to our product support teams so that they can work on making improvements based off of your feedback.

Barbara

• Customer Support Software

It provides and easy system to use for our carpenters in the field and the office staff.

Reviewed on 2017-05-02

Accurate input of information/time from the carpenters in the field and also the ability to see in real time where and what the carpenters are working on. Plus, the report to enter into payroll computes accurately.

Pros

That all of the reports tally correctly. Not all software does which was an awful surprise to us! sorry

Cons

I cannot print a report using Safari but have to switch to Firefox. But, now that we know it is easier.

Brittany

• Customer Support Software

Experience with ExakTime has been good.

Reviewed on 2018-04-25

Ease of use, real time data transferring, customization options.

Ease of use, real time data transferring, customization options.

Pros

I like the easy use, and that it requires no extra costly machinery. Easy to teach others to use etc.

Cons

There are some features that I would hope to become available. Specifically in the ExakTime mobile app, we hope to see a function that allows employees to view their own time cards.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Not built for large companies with distinct groups in different areas

Reviewed on 2018-10-02

Pros

Offers web, iOS, and Android options for time entry, can work in online or offline mode when you don't have good coverage

Cons

Expensive to integrate with, unstable, breaks frequently (particularly custom integrations), no REST API.

Response from ExakTime

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your honest feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve on our side of things and will definitely be taking a closer look at our integration process thanks to your review. Thank you again.

Vince

We're loving it!

Reviewed on 2017-03-30

This move to the web has made things a lot better, and the support has been fantastic!! The live chat and response time/efficiency of the support team has made things far easier for our entire team!!

Pros

tracks time well
bread crumbs

Cons

would like geotraker to continue to run as long as ppl are punched in even if they close the app
would like a few more customization options, but pretty good overall

ExakTime Review

Reviewed on 2018-10-25

Pros

The GPS pin function was the best part of this software; you knew when an employee was at a specific location and for how long.

Cons

The reports in ExakTime are not excel friendly at all, and they cannot be customized in any way. Reports are cookie cutter and not flexible.

Response from ExakTime

Hello!

Thank you for your review on our Geotrakker feature. We set out to make tracking the location of the time punches of the employees as accurate as possible so that you in the office would have all the information you could need. We are glad to hear that it is working as designed and it has made tracking your employees easier

Track time, save time!

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

ExakTime has saved us an entire day each week when approving timecards and processing payroll.

Pros

The ability to quickly add new locations for employees to clock in to. The mobile application's ease of use. I love the ability to sort reports by employee, location, cost code and time frame.

Cons

Employees cannot see their hours accrued for each pay period. This has been a common complaint in our organization.

Response from ExakTime

Hello,

Thank you for your valued feedback! We always to like to hear how our mobile app is making the lives of our customers much easier. You can have your employees view their total hours worked by giving them limited access to the Exaktime Connect site. If youd like some assistance in getting that set up, please give us a call at 888-788-8463. Thank you again!

Makes weekly payroll easy

Reviewed on 2018-07-03

Pros

The vast number of options when setting up cost codes and labor rates makes it a breeze each week when doing payroll

Cons

The interface when doing hours is a little cumbersome when you have to make modifications which doesnt happen very often

Response from ExakTime

Hello there,

Thank you for your review! We love to hear that our products are making payroll easier for our customers.

Geof
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Review by a user and not a company

Reviewed on 2019-04-25

Pros

It does help keep track of time and automate time date collection

Cons

It is clunky and slow. When you start to enter time it sits through a "receiving" process that can take several minutes while you wait for it to be ready for you. When task switching it sometimes does the same. There should be an option to turn off time for a task other than exiting out completely or using the meal break - sometimes you need to stop timekeeping for a period. I end up using the meal break several times a day for this which ends up showing excessive breaks but it is better than exiting out completely each time. At the end of the day as a user the app slows me down and can be quite aggravating.

Response from ExakTime

Hello Geof,

We appreciate your honest feedback and are glad that it has helped keep better track of your employees time. If you'd like some assistance in perhaps making some systems changes to how you reflect meal breaks within the system to possibly speed up your process, please give us a call at 888-788-8463 so that we can have one of our techs assist you. We tried pulling up your account information using your name but could not find you as an active customer in our system and we would like to assist you with this. Thank you again for your feedback.

Lindsay

• Customer Support Software

We've used the hornets and the mobile app and both are great!

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

Speeds up payroll.

Speeds up payroll.

Pros

Time Summit is pretty easy to use and it has really helped speed up the payroll process. Each employee clocks in themselves on their iPhone/iPad and I really love the GeoFence option that shows where they clocked in/out. The customer service is AMAZING. I've had to call a few times and the help is always outstanding.

Cons

Setup for the mobile app requires some work on the office end. I wish the setup code didn't change so frequently. I also wish the verification email didn't expire so quickly. I have to constantly resend the verification emails to employees. I'm not a huge fan of the new internet based Time Summit. It doesn't save/update well and I have to click Save a few times and then switch to another employee for it to calculate correctly.

Shana

• Customer Support Software

I love ExakTime, it takes a bit off of my work load!

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

Not having to change hours to decimals by myself!

Not having to change hours to decimals by myself!

Pros

I love viewing the reports, and how each paycheck is already set to our pay period. I also like the field notes area, I wish we could save the field notes, and when they are accidently deleted, to be able to retrieve them some how.

Cons

When I am creating a location and need to add a cost code that's not already in the system, it is a pain to have to back out of the location and go in to the cost code page, I wish I could add a cost code on the fly while creating a new job location! I would also like to delete and clean up old cost codes I wont use again, instead of just making them inactive.

DEBBIE

Horrible attempt on Cloud product

Reviewed on 2019-01-21

They have forced us into converting program but they have not done enough testing before implementin...

They have forced us into converting program but they have not done enough testing before implementing

Pros

Program integrated with accounting software

Cons

The attempt at making this a cloud based product is a complete waste of money

Response from ExakTime

Hello Debbie,

We are sorry to hear that you have had some trouble with the system. We strive to have our Exaktime Connect system make the work lives of our customers significantly easier. We apologize for an inconveniences you may have experienced up until this point. We will be reaching out soon to address any lingering issues you may have in hopes of making the system better fit for you. Thank you.

steve

• Customer Support Software

It did not meet our expectations .

Reviewed on 2018-06-18

It did save some time in the office because we did not have to look at time cards filled out by employees.

Pros

It does allow us to monitor the employees .
We can print out the time sheets so that we do not need time cards.
It does allow us to no the location of each employee.

Cons

It does not link with our payroll software like we were told when we purchased it.
You can not remove employees after they leave to make room for new employees.
The payroll is calculated by the Canadian laws.
The customer support is not very good.

Response from ExakTime

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your feedback. I would love to have one of our technical support reps go over the process of inactivating employees to free up licenses once they leave the company as well as viewing employee that are clocked in using the site hub feature. Feel free to give us a call at 888-788-8463 to have one of our reps go over it.

Krystal

terrible policies on refunds

Reviewed on 2022-05-10

Cons

we used it for years. paid for a brand new yearly plan of over $3,000 only to find a month later that our hornets do not work any longer because they are out dated 2-3g. Exaktime should have made us aware of this before they renewed our policy. Told us only thing we could do is buy new hardware. Refused to refund our $.. WOULD NEVER TREAT A CUSTOMER LIKE THIS..

Vickie

Customer Service is very poor

Reviewed on 2022-06-09

Very poor customer service. Great attention when it is time to give them a check. Otherwise problems are not fixed. Current clocks are no longer going to be supported with no advanced notice.

Pros

When it worked the company saved money by tracking employees attendance.

Cons

Customer Service. No warning when the clocks you purchased are no longer going to be supported.

Sandi

• Customer Support Software

Incredibly easy to use and access.

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

Pros

Its really easy to capture in the office and on mobile units out in the field. The GPS racking is also a great feature

Cons

The new cloud base is limiting to 10 active employees, and as we use temporary labor, I keep having to deactivate employees. Also the original(pre cloud) actually worked better with certain functions

Shelly

• Customer Support Software

Tech support is always there for support

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

Ease of doing payroll without having to manually calculate pay for 75-80 people

Ease of doing payroll without having to manually calculate pay for 75-80 people

Pros

It's very easy to learn, my field foreman use it and it's easy for them. My superintendent likes it since he can see where his guys are. We need to learn how to use the last feature we were sent

Cons

I wish when I printed the weekly payroll report it would show notes, like "called in sick", or some kind of note that alerts me my job address is incorrect, etc....

Kathy

Good Service

Reviewed on 2016-06-24

I was purchasing additional licenses from Joe Haro who was very helpful with providing the necessary information so we could make our decision. I called back to place my order and
Joe was gone for the day. Jeremy Bautista helped me finish the purchase. He provided excellent service and made this transaction go smoothly. Thank you Jeremy!

Pros

saves time

Cons

not sure

Joshua

Exaktime - One year review

Reviewed on 2017-04-03

No terrible, not great. Billing is annoying, adding users doesn't just go on the same bill and should. Program is generally slow but effective. Geo fence coding uses too much data. Back-end is really easy to use but glitches too often when inputting new locations and editing time cards. Customer service is polite but often takes a while to correct issues.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

TOO SLOW. Glitches in time card editing and adding new locations. Data usage by geofence far too high.

Stefanie

Only one year - it has been OK

Reviewed on 2018-06-15

Pros

Employee access is pretty good. The user interface is mediocre. The dashboard could b e good but isn't great.

Cons

Limited - can't limit locations by employee (would be nice if an employee only saw the locations and costs in their particular job), cost is huge, only two dimensions, does not interface with ADP, can't set up PTO/Holidays in a proper method. No scheduling.

Response from ExakTime

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for your feedback on certain aspects of our services. We're going to take your feedback to our product teams so they can take it into consideration for future updates.

Dana

Easy use

Reviewed on 2019-01-08

This is good for people to keep track of where employees are and to ensure that they are at work when they say they are

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and sign i n and out of

Cons

Sometimes looses sync have to resync but its very simple and easy to fix. Haven't had any other problems

Response from ExakTime

Hi Dana,

We would like to thank you for your feedback and honesty. The overall goal of our system has always been to save you as the business owner time and money and to hear that it is accomplishing that feat is wonderful! Glad to hear we could help make your work day easier. Thank you again!

Mike

Payroll time saver!

Reviewed on 2022-02-25

Great overall experience with Exaktime. I would recommend it to anyone that has employees traveling to different locations.

Pros

It is extremely easy to set employees and locations up on Exaktime.
We obtain very accurate weekly timesheets for all the employees, as we know exactly when they have arrived within the geo fence and logged in/out

Cons

I do not have any negative to say about Exaktime

Tiena

• Customer Support Software

great program once all got on board

Reviewed on 2017-05-01

it is cost effective and payroll is easier to process.

it is cost effective and payroll is easier to process.

Pros

I can process payroll easily and I know where exactly my guys are working. Time sheets are easy to read and job breakdown is more accurate.

Cons

Software will not connect properly with my simply accounting software and there is no one in customer support that is trained to fix my issues.