Ovatu

World Class Booking Software with a 60 Day Free Trial.

4.8/5

Will C.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

What an Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2020-07-07

The support team have been totally awesome, they imported all my old appointments from my old system, so i have full client history. Always responded sometimes within minuets. Amazing team. Well done.

Pros

This software makes my life bliss. It has such advanced rules I can set for appointments, e.g. I can allow a a service type to be booked only at given times frames, that can be different each day, then on top of that, it works out what digital forms to send at a set time prior, and then goes a step further to pop up a form on the time of the appointment for staff to fill in. Customer love the booking site, the ease of use, the slick interface.

Cons

The form designer is a bit clunky, and needs to support pictures, and some better layout options, but I did find it responds to HTML tags so made the best I can.

Serina V.

• Customer Support Software

Ovatu is the reason my company functions so easily in a paperless system! I absolutely love...

Reviewed on 2017-08-30

Ovatu literally allows me to run my company. It is an affordable price for a small business like my own and I cannot recommend it highly enough! Even though there are a few little tweaks I'd like to see in the future, they are small when compared to all of the benefits I receive from the product in general. I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and run my own company solo. Many NTP students are working to get their private practices off the ground and I always, always recommend using Ovatu for their schedule and invoicing needs. It's great! I had spent months searching for a program like this and when I found Ovatu, I never looked back! Thanks for a great program!!

Pros

I absolutely love how all of my most used items are contained in one place! Extremely flexible schedule, invoicing, appointment reminders, client reviews, online scheduling - it's fantastic. I spent so much less time going back-and-forth for scheduling with most of my clients because they can very easily add themselves to my schedule through my website. I can open up the Ovatu app on my smart phone and easily check my schedule for updates. Fantastic! I recommend Ovatu to everyone and couldn't be happier with customer service as they are always polite and prompt returning my questions.

Cons

There are only 2 areas in which I think Ovatu could be tweaked:

1) adding in some way to track a few more types of expenses to reflect on the bottom line for revenue (items such as rent, insurance, payroll cost, etc. which is a little bit more of a job for accounting software) to give a more accurate overall picture in the Reports section.

2) An improved note-taking system to allow for a little bit more flexibility.
I'd love to have a way to store private SOAP notes after each consultation that can include PDF attachments or diagrams, and, at the same time, another section of semi-public notes (between me and that particular client only - through their log-in) that clients can log-in and see through the mini-site which would contain recommendations for them to complete between appointments.

Cat E.

• Customer Support Software

Streamlined my business! Been a loyal user for 4 year now and could never go back!

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Pros

Very user friendly , I picked it up right away, no tricky learning curve.
Super easy to customise by adding your services and prices etc and not too time consuming either.
Excellent reminder system, sends out reminder email 48hrs before to minimise no shows.
Easy to view scheduling
I love that the IPhone version can be used offline to take bookings etc then automatically syncs up when it has signal
easy to store client information
excellent customer service, very quick to reply and have always answered all my questions and solved all my issues within days if not hours,

Cons

annoying that the google compatible version doesn't seem as advanced, wanted to upgrade to the Google pixel phone but the Ovatu app wasn't as good so had to stick to iPhone

Todd B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

Great for a Professional Tattooer! Almost perfect!

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

Pros

Saves all the clients info and makes future bookings a snap! It emails appointment reminders to clients! The software is easy to use, and anytime I've ever had a problem or concern, I got an email back from Ovatu within just a few hours

Cons

If I had to pick a Con for this software, there would be two. 1: there aren't enough free text message send outs included in my plan, so I don't use them at all.
2: on the print screen when printing your daily schedule from the iPhone app, the "print" button or link is almost impossible to see. A different font color would fix that. But those are minut.

Andrea C.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent service, I'd recommend to any small business salon owner!

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Pros

It's easy to use and it is dependable. Anytime I've ever had a question or needed support, their people have been VERY responsive. Last year at tax time I had spent hours on something that I messed up, and their IT people were able to fix my problem within a couple of hours. I was so incredibly relieved. Shortly after, there was a small change in the software that made it easier to not make the mistake I was making. They truly care about improving the software and want to help you succeed!

Kim C.

• Customer Support Software

Brilliant service, almost 24/7 care. The system works perfectly for me.

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Pros

I really like how attentive the support team are. The system works really well, simple to use and navigate but when you dig deeper, there are so many more uses for the system, like reporting, tracking sale etc. You can use it simply as a diary or a way to run your whole business.

Cons

The only issue we ever have is if staff don't sync their phones and the bookings don't show on everyone's phones or iPads. This is completely user error so cannot be blamed on the system!

Sallyann P.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent program. Dave you are so helpful and always so quick to respond and help with any...

Reviewed on 2017-08-03

Pros

online booking is fantastic. It has changed my business. The mobile and ipad app is fantastic. All my staff can log in and see their roster and bookings which makes life easy for everyone.

Cons

Sometimes the flexibility of the online booking rules in the background is a bit limited. It would be good to be able to set up personalised reporting functionalities.

Michelle P.

• Customer Support Software

Best decision our salon has made! The best way to schedule.

Reviewed on 2017-10-30

Pros

Customer service: we have had every question answered (even though we are in the US) within the day. This company has made modifications to our individual program to suit our needs! They have been wonderful! We also love the reminders, it keeps our clients from cancelling last minute, and we have less "no shows." Easy to use, easy to read!

Cons

There are some additional features I'm sure we could be using, however not being super tech savvy, I haven't learned how to use them yet! Along the same lines we are trying to set up a barcode scanner to use for our sales, and haven't figured that out yet, due to linking/ syncing/ compatibility.

Clare B.

Overall very good,

Reviewed on 2017-08-03

Mainly appointment booking and scheduling

Pros

Customer service is good, they usually get back to me with help very promptly after asking. It's a good all-rounder, it has most features that I require.

Cons

It's a little clunky, could be streamlined more & made to work more smoothly. Also, the ability to customise overall look (colour fonts etc) and dash board (for things we use most regularly) would be nice. Integration into more accounting software options would be helpful.

Amy L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

generally a positive one

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Salon system that can be accessed at home. Clients able to book online

Pros

The ease of looking at my days / weeks
Online booking & text reminders for clients. The customisation of appointments

Cons

The bugs that sometimes appear
Being unable to see who has deleted an app e.g. Staff member & when it was deleted

Chrystie M.

Best salon software!

Reviewed on 2019-05-17

I love it

Pros

I tried nearly 9 different software programs before finding Ovatu. In the 7 years I have used Ovatu, I have not had an issue, a lost appointment, or a crash. I recommend this software to everyone I can.

Cons

I have not had an issue that I have come across yet.

Maddi C.

• Customer Support Software

Best CRM system on the market!

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

The list is endless! Pretty much anything you could want from a CRM system, plus more!

Pros

The customer service is second to none, they listen to what users want and implement it so quickly. It's a real team effort!

Cons

There are minor things like changing loyalty rewards for different services but I'm told it's being looked at and it doesn't impact the way I run my business, it's just an added perk!

April N.

• Customer Support Software

So pleased with this software

Saved money
Can use on my phone and away from my business
Every stylist can also see and use there collums away from work
Automated text reminders to clients

Pros

How reasonably priced it is.
That I can see it on any system at home or away.
Always help at hand if you need it.
I'm very happy with the system and the service I get. They also seem to always be updating so that's great as well

Tamara W.

• Customer Support Software

I love the reminders sent to clients. Help alleviate no shows.

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Pros

Auto remind. Mass email. Reports are awesome! Text reminders works great! I love this software. I use it frequently and haven't had any problems.

Anthony O.

Great app-great features

Reviewed on 2019-06-25

great

Pros

its easy to use and does everything-the online booking facility is great

Cons

Just the odd fidly bit-But its really straightforward

Aaron C.

Na

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Pros

I like the accessibility that it provides. I like to be able to book appointments from my phone. It helps.

Cons

I don't like the inability to block out a specific day. You can block but it still allows you to book over it. It would also be nice if confirmations were sent to text instead of email.

Leigh M.

Brilliant, great support

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Pros

Online booking service and clients love it! Easy to use and set up. I can access it on my laptop, phone and iPad

Cons

Clients notes and past visits not together (in separate boxes) be better if the info could go in with their previous visit. Be good if we could also add notes on the top of each day

Heather C.

• Customer Support Software

Super system, makes life so much easier.

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Makes my business run much easier day to day.

Pros

It's so easy to use and the customer service is fantastic, if ever help is needed someone is on hand very quickly to solve any problems.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like! The way I use my system is perfect for me, I have had no problems using the system.

Luke E.

ovatu is brilliant

Reviewed on 2017-08-04

takes eh hassle of booking client in a book away

Pros

i like the fact its easy to use on line, the fact you can use it as a son of sale too, and can track detailed business reports

Cons

i don't like that its mainly email based (quite expensive to send out a lot of texts form the soft ware)

Jonathan M.

• Customer Support Software

Love it. And the set up was fantastic I really appreciated being taken through the software

Reviewed on 2017-08-02

Pros

The email and text feature & the low cost is fantastic. Also easy access to records and client info

Cons

Nothing. Everything works fantastic & customer service is truly wonderful. Any issues are quickly resolved

Hannah G.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2021-02-22

getting this was the best decision ive made, its taken my business to the next level, looks so profesional, easy for my clients to use and i can write detailed consultations!

Pros

I love the great customer service, the step by step help guides, the fact that everything is in one plae at the click of a button

Cons

there isnt anything i dont like to be honest!

Jenny H.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Variable

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

Pros

Its easy to use, it stores loyalty points and is on the whole very efficient. I like the way it stores all the information and sends out text messages and emails.

Cons

It flits in and out sometimes, its send 2 of every confirmation. My monthly amount keeps increasing - not happy about this - not sure why it happens either - making me look elsewher

Rhondda N.

• Customer Support Software

Quite anwasy program to use for appointments

Reviewed on 2017-08-11

Pros

The ease and the cost and I like it as I have it on my phone to access appointments and to schedule new or change existing clients

Cons

On the payment screen theee are too many steps if this could be broken down to a simpler version of cash / eftpos then paid it would be much simpler

Rebecca L.

• Customer Support Software

This is an easy to use, efficient software

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

Pros

I love that I can access this from anywhere .
It is easy to see and all staff can also access the appointment schedule from anywhere

Cons

I would like to have more specific access to my reports, I'd like to manage the date/ time of which I can see the reports and specific information

Sara P.

• Customer Support Software

a great tool to manage projects and clients

Reviewed on 2017-08-16

Pros

ease of use across platforms (multiple iPads, iPhones, computers) and ability to have history of activity by client

Cons

I would like a better reminder/notification system, and better print ability by week/day/client/associate