Pepipost

World's only ESP that doesn't charge for emails opened

4.5 /5 (37 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
Greg B.

Poor Customer Service and Flexability

Reviewed on 2020-10-15

It was fine for a time until our loads became drastically larger. We knew who we'd be sending to and that they would expect notifications for informative purposes.
We ran into an issue when our email numbers jumped. We asked for quick response and correction of the issue but didn't see a resolution for over a week. Even after that, we didn't get an answer on the cause of the failure for another week after that.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Control access is there and its fine if you're sending out a minimum or have a goal of advertising.

Cons

Customer service is poor due to communication issues and an apparent inability to answer questions. Use of this functionality for purposes outside of advertising doesn't seem to be a consideration.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Wayne C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

helpful and efficient support

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020-08-27

Very helpful, started with the trial run it was awesome business is slow but we hope to grow very soon.

Pros

I need it to complete my plugins to have my orders sent to my gmail account so that i can process my orders on time to my customers. if i did not have pepipost i would not receive my orders and i would not know who placed orders from my website. Thank you pepipost.

Cons

Nothing at all still new to pepipost hope they can accommodate me and my business and have no technical errors.

Emre T.

Super Service for Sending Mails Even On Disabled SMTP + PHPmailer Host

Reviewed on 2017-06-15

Pros

Free email sending for Wordpress + API + LIVE CHAT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SUPER. Thanks to customer service agent for awesome support.

Cons

Only they are asking many thing on domain verification. But It is not a very important situation

Response from Pepipost

Dear Emre,

Paul K.
Industry: Internet

ridiculous support

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018-08-21

Pros

none, as I couldn't even try it! Seemed promising though..

Cons

I wasn't able to integrate my wordpress site successfully despite doing everything right on my end (ports open, correct login details, tried API method with their official plugin, etc.) Kept getting an error that my test email wasn't able to be sent. Tried to talk to support about it but it was like talking to a brick wall. Spoke to 2 different agents in chat, and opened a ticket, but there was absolutely no progress. Beyond frustrated at this experienced, it was a total waste of my time (I gave them 1 full day to figure this out, no progress). And the whole setup was overly complicated in the first place, why bother going through all that when you won't be able to send emails anyways. Reminds me of amaz** seller support, just a waste of time.

Response from Pepipost

Hi Paul, Sorry to hear that you had a poor user experience. We urge you to give it another go and our support staff will definitely try their best to resolve your issues!! Love, Pepi

Richard H.

Affordable with superb support, but a little slow at times.

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-05-26

Pros

Any time I have any issues, I get my problem solved by a pleasant and effective support team that has yet to come up short.

Cons

When left to its own devices, domain set up has taken a bit longer than I'd like, still perfectly reasonable, but could be faster.

Response from Pepipost

Hello Richard, thank you for your generous rating and review.Keeping our customers happy is our top priority. Your suggestion of a lengthier domain approval process has been worked upon and we are striving on improving it even more. Happy emailing!! Love, Pepipost

Wesley T.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Great product with superb service

Reviewed on 2019-01-17

Simple
Clear
Great email deliverability
Price
Great API
Nice documentation
Excellent customer service

Cons

strict sending domain requirements (but they use it to avoid spammers)

Seun O.

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 2017-01-18

I just signed up today and had to resolve domain verification with customer service. Service provided was very courteous and very effective. I look forward to an excellent service once my account is reviewed and activated.

Response from Pepipost

"Thanks Seun for your overwhelming review. We are humbled, and will forge ahead our service to add more value in your email sending experience"

Paul S.
Industry: Sports
Company size: Self Employed

Shaky start but excellent service once set up

Reviewed on 2020-08-12

Initially my domain was rejected and it wasn't easy at all to get someone to review their decision. Once they HAD reviewed it and authorised my domain their customer serve was superb in getting my settings correct to ensure all emails are delivered. Also their customer service was very fast.

Pros

It gives me a lot of information about the results of my emails. I can see details of individual email addresses so I can sort any problems.

Cons

I haven't found anything i don't like yet.

Ari eko P.

have unique pricing structure but little difficult to add new domain

Reviewed on 2018-07-30

the integration and their add domain proccess is not easy but the others is very good.

Pros

i am early adopters when pepipost serve global customer,
pricing is very unique, we only pay the unopened email.
open email is free. its very interesting pricing.

Cons

nowadays, adding domain name in theirs system become more difficult,
maybe i still in free tier, but they have very stricht and maybe high standard about domain name. and every domain is manually checked by their support. it takes time

Response from Pepipost

Hello Ari Eko,
We are happy to know that you liked our pricing structure and hope that you like and use other features too. May i suggest reaching out to our support team for any issues or difficulties you may face while using Pepipost. Happy Emailing!! Love, Pepipost

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Chandra S.
Company size: Self Employed

Very good provider with great support

Reviewed on 2017-09-14

Save more money and get email sent to our customers

Pros

pepipost help me send my email fast with easy smtp integration and also in a competitive price, had ever use mail**n, but because of the high price, i move to pepipost, and pepipost give me the same experience woth mail**n

Cons

will be awesome if pepipost can provide more api to some popular framework like laravel. so we can integrate to that framework easily.

Response from Pepipost

Hey Chandra, thanks for the review. Regarding the APIs..Good input! we have already taken up Pepipost API and SDK expansion as a part of our upcoming roadmap. Will definitely try to prioritize Laravel as this is now becoming developers' choice of framework :)

Filbert M.

Cool

Reviewed on 2018-05-24

Pros

Free 30K mail . to a new user like me is it a need for the trial like this for a several month and then after it come to the best product. I will make it official

Cons

still not knowing a lot about this software. after a few months I will do the review again. thank you very much pepipost

Response from Pepipost

Hi Filbert, thank you for your generous rating and review. Keeping our customers happy is our top priority. We do hope you have enjoyed using Pepipost. Happy emailing!! Love, Pepipost

Dhiman C.
Industry: Capital Markets
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

For Case [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 2020-08-06

Pros

Good features and handy to use and implement

Cons

Slowness in reports extract in certain portals of NetCore

Josh A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

One of a Few Good Options for Email Delivery

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019-04-02

I tested pepipost when looking for email delivery services. While the service was helpful, I ended up choosing Mailgun. Mailgun had a free plan and great service.

Pros

Pepipost is easy to use and definitely helps improve email deliverability when compared to sending emails directly from a shared server. They provide some nice analytic tools as well.

Cons

Pepipost has made some improvements since I did my initial test, but there first UI felt amateur and I ultimately chose another platform.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Aimee L.
Industry: Higher Education

Excellent service

Reviewed on 2019-09-26

Pros

Competitive price, easy smtp integration

Cons

Understanding the statuses in Live feed.

Nick F.

New User customer support experience

Reviewed on 2017-04-17

Customer Support were very helpful in getting setup. Staff was prompt, polite and knowledgeable. Couldn't ask for more.

Response from Pepipost

Thanks Nick for your overwhelming review. We are humbled, and will forge ahead our service to add more value in your email sending experience.

Thanks

Vinoth K.

trusted startup ,unexceptional support

Reviewed on 2017-01-06

customer support team is awesome ,they are 24*7 available to rescue you,affordable transactional email service ,

Response from Pepipost

Thanks for that awesome review Vinoth! So glad we meet your expectations. Here¿s to a great business relationship.

Darren C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very positive, it does what we need to do without too many issus.

Reviewed on 2017-07-12

The ability to send invoices reliably. The bounce rate so far has been pretty low, but they are a new company. I am wondering what will happen when they get larger and get some clients that like to abuse the system. It has happened to me with other services providers.

Pros

It is low cost and fairly easy to implement. It works out of the gate. Unfortunately this review site is more geared to software rather than a service so I feel I am being pigeon holed into the review a bit.

Cons

Some things are hard to find and you have to go through several screens. ie) sending a test email. Also understanding one or two of the statuses in Live feed.

Response from Pepipost

Dear Darren,

Reyhan M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

Support team worked hard to help me solve problem

Reviewed on 2017-01-13

I had cPanel issue with dns records and They did their best to assist. We had worked trough all problems over team viewer and solved them all.
Thanks for being there all the time.

Pros

It helps me do my business with great quality and the most important thing my customers are satisfied.

Cons

well it is email and you have to spend some time setting things up.

Response from Pepipost

Dear Reyhan Mujezinovic, Thank you for your generous rating and review. We take great pride in building the best email service for all our clients. Your words are motivating and we hope to add more value to your emails now and in future.

Korner B.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2017-05-31

Could send my emails.

Pros

Like I said, the customer service is always here and polite and friendly and they help you to do everything well.

Cons

There was not really anything that I disliked for now. I guess it is a bit complicated and that you have to know about IT a bit.

Response from Pepipost

Thanks Korner for your overwhelming review. We are humbled, and will forge ahead our service to add more value in your email sending experience.

Thanks

Anju P.

Deliver email notifications perfectly

Reviewed on 2017-08-04

Pros

I am using Pepipost to sent notification emails to users. It works perfectly on our WordPress website. Every email goes to inbox and that's cool part of pepipost. Support is also very good. Highly recommended.

Response from Pepipost

Hi Anju, thank you for your generous rating and reviews. Keeping our customers happy is our top priority. Happy emailing!! Love, Pepipost

Emmanuel C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Very helpful and responsive customer support

Reviewed on 2020-02-28

I am most impressed with the helpful and responsive customer support that is on hand to help resolve issues

Pros

Easy of use and the affordability then the friendly and responsive support team

Cons

Nothing for now still studying it and have no challenge for now

Monika V.

I am happy to use Pepipost

Reviewed on 2017-02-18

We are using the Pepipost services, and are very happy with that. While they take care that product is used by right customers, they also are very prompt in responding and resolving issues. Support team is excellent.

Response from Pepipost

Dear Monika, Thank you for your generous rating and review. We take great pride in building the best email service for all our clients. Your words are motivating and we hope to add more value to your emails now and in future.

Dzikri R.

Good job

Reviewed on 2020-08-06

Pros

your pepipost is awesome with best customer services

Cons

nope, there's nothing cons, im very love it

Industry: Financial Services

Very problematic to accept domains

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019-11-21

Live support is terrible

Pros

I was not able to see any good items that I was happy with

Cons

Very problematic to accept domains, process should be more friendly.
Most of the live support agents where very unhelpful

Ryan M.
Industry: Computer Software

Domain verification is an absolute nightmare

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020-05-27

Pros

The prices seemed really good! Was excited to try them out and compare them to some of the bigger providers

Cons

You cannot try them out until you do a verification of your domain, this includes SPF and DKIM, you must also have a live website and not use the service for unsubscribed emails (makes sense).
However verification takes 24 hours on average, to top it off you wont get clear answers on why you are denied and basically go back and forth between their verification team who replies every 24 hours.
In the end I was rejected due to my business type (a software company with a multi-tenant environment). I'm not sure on all the details on why this is a problem because I only got a 2 sentence reply with no further explanation.
Overall I invested probably a solid 6-8 hours into this, and delayed my development team from looking at other integrations. Not sure how much time value was wasted here but enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Basically if you signup, just know you might get rejected and waste a good amount of your time. At the end of the day we'll be going with a larger provider, they may cost more but honestly its worth it to avoid the stress.

Advice to management- there has got to be a better way to do things. Learn from the big guys, change your processes. You'll have happier clients and more free time for your support team.