Paycor

4.4 (2,434)
All-in-on HR solution built to modernize people management

(2,434)
4.3/5

Keith
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

We are a 1,200 person company with many global offices. Newton was a perfect fit for our needs.

Reviewed on 4/6/2018

Recruiters now have more time to seek optimal candidates as they need less time in the platform to post jobs, schedule interviews, interact with hiring managers, etc. Newton does a great job in blasting out our job postings to the various job boards and tracks where our leads are coming from. Our job seekers have a much easier time with applying for jobs and since our business hires at over 40 locations internationally, having a simple job application process is key for getting applicants who do not speak English as a first language. The job listing integrates seamlessly into our company web site. All good!

Pros

Our previous job posting and applicant tracking system was quite old and the user experience for both recruiters and applicants was far from ideal. Newton greatly simplified the job posting process by integrating with Outlook for interview scheduling, allowing mobile feedback from hiring managers (so that they did not need to enter the platform if they did not want to), and having dashboards which quickly showed status of jobs for the recruiters. The application process for job seekers was fast and easy, resulting in our receiving far more applicants per job than the previous tool. Overall, Newton was a perfect fit for our needs as it allowed our recruiters to focus more on seeking candidates (since entering jobs was much easier) and we are getting more/better candidates given the expanded reach and ease of use that Newton provides our job seekers.

Cons

The main thing that we did not like was that the analytics dashboards and tracking were all Flash-based, but that was updated in the most recent platform update, so now our recruiters do not have to worry about Flash plug-in issues. Otherwise, we are quite happy with Newton.

Ryan
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Paycor Review

Reviewed on 3/12/2022

Overall, very positive experience. Website timeouts are an issue, but the ease of use is a good trade off.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to onboard users. Very straightforward. Non-technical folks can use this product easily.

Cons

Integration options are somewhat limited. The site often times out and time cards have to be manually adjusted often.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Easier to use. Better for the skillset of our HR team

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

cost, ease of use, overall platform.
Steven

• Customer Support Software

Paycor is a game-changer!

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

Pros

WIth Paycor- our business was able to increase profitability and ran even more efficiently.

Cons

There is very little not to like about Paycor- the customer service has always helped with any issues we ran into.

Response from Paycor

Glad to hear Paycor has been a game-changer and look forward to our continued partnership Steven!

Linda
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Very helpful

Reviewed on 1/15/2023

Pros

I like using it to organise the workers. Make payment. It's simple to use and complete

Cons

Since i'm using it there's nothing yet i don't like

Response from Paycor

We appreciate your review, Linda!

Asraful
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Smoothly switching to Paycor

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

I believe that this is an excellent time saver and business solution overall. The information that has been recorded and saved is excellent for reporting and can produce relevant data rapidly. We also value the fact that our software is continually being enhanced and developed to better serve the needs of our users. There are ways to offer recommendations and follow them from review through implementation.

Pros

Employee attendance, hours worked, and absences for medical or other reasons may all be tracked. To track each employee's performance, productivity, and the advancement of completed tasks, performance management is also used. Payroll is quick and hasn't had any mistakes yet.

Cons

Some employees had problems logging into the system to manage their absences, vacations, or justifications for being absent since the employee and self-service portals were occasionally unavailable. To avoid limiting my work to only when internet is accessible, it would be ideal if some tools could operate without internet connection.

Response from Paycor

Hello Asraful, and thank you for the wonderful review! It is great to see the many ways Paycor is helping you and your organization. I do encourage you to log into Paycor and go to "give feedback" where you can give suggestions directly to our product team and track in real time when your suggestions are implemented. I believe your insights about offline capabilities could be extremely helpful!

Madhur

Paycor Payroll System

Reviewed on 1/14/2023

Its awesome. Highly recommended.

Pros

Its ease out the payroll management in a way you cant imagine.

Cons

Nothing as such. Little delay in response of support

Response from Paycor

Thank you for the review, Madhur, we look forward to continuing our partnership!

Kevin
  • Industry: Automotive

Payor review

Reviewed on 1/6/2023

Pros

This helps keeping track of employees clock in times. It's easy and helpful.

Cons

I have no real concern or complaints about this product.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for the 5-star review Kevin!

ronnie
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Payor is a comprehensive piece of HR software that comes with solutions for payroll, benefits,...

Reviewed on 12/4/2022

Eliminate the need to log into several systems to carry out varied tasks by completing all key HR tasks through a single unified platform. Track and combine data inside the platform, enabling HR managers to produce reports that give a high-level overview of HR procedures.

Pros

The HR software from Paycor is incredibly simple to use and navigate. We really enjoyed the software's feature that lets users edit their home page. This enables each user to customize their experience and prioritize the tools that are most important to their roles.

Cons

Compared to rival software options, the implementation process is complex.The cost of the memberships is more than that of a number of rivals.Many essential functions are only included in more expensive services or as add-ons.

Response from Paycor

Hello Ronnie, we are happy to see you noted how simple to use our platform is as well as the customizability. Thanks for your review!

Kat
  • Industry: Human Resources

Worth it!

Reviewed on 12/14/2022

Very good

Pros

Very easy to use, great value for the money and lots of good features

Cons

May be missing some functionality. Would like better integration with other systems and tools like ADP

ADP Workforce Now and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

Best value for the money

Response from Paycor

Hi Kat - thanks for the review! Happy to hear your find great value in Paycor. If you feel that we are missing some functionality that you would like to see, please log into the platform and select "give feedback". Any product specific feedback you submit there goes directly to our product team and you can track in real time when your suggestions are implemented.

Krystal
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Paycor is Great

Reviewed on 1/9/2023

Overall loved it no problems with it so if you want to get it it's not that expensive for nothing is really free

Pros

What I like the most is that I love access and my money so whatever I can access my money on on time and it's there I love it.

Cons

HR because there's responses are slow to me but that's just me

Response from Paycor

We appreciate your review, Krystal!

Kathy
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Best Payroll System

Reviewed on 6/25/2019

Our company was using ADP when I joined in 2016. I started looking for a new service immediately.
Paycor is extremely user friendly. Managing employee records is faster, you can access reports quickly. Customer Service is outstanding! Very knowledgeable and friendly group of account specialists. Also the implementation process was smooth and I felt very prepared when we went live.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, payroll processing made easy and reports options.

Cons

While there are a ton of topics not everything in the HELP too not everything is to find. Once you do find what you are looking for there's a how to video which is helpful. I don't think it's easy to navigate the help guide. I also find that setting up new earnings/deduction codes could be easier.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Worst system I've ever worked in. No ease of use on any function!

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

Paycor provided the best demo, best price for what we were looking for with options that we could add later and again ease of use.
Anne

Great tool for managing OKRs, 1/1's, team feedback

Reviewed on 4/21/2020

Overall - great - use it daily and track a lot of my people related things in 7Geese.

Pros

7Geese is a great solution for many things - particularly managing OKR's which is what was our driving motivation in moving from another provider to 7Geese. There are a few items which would make reporting easier, but for the most part, the OKR process is really easy and very dynamic and functional.

I also manage my 1/1 agendas through 7Geese and this is generally a pretty straightforward way of having both manager and staff person easily keep track of items to be discussed and notes during the meeting.

You can use a variety of pre-populated templates for feedback, or create your own. I use this function for a weekly update from my team. The main thing I wish for here is that it be able to be scheduled to go out with reminders when people haven't completed, but otherwise, this is also a great tool to get feedback and be able to respond within the platform.

Reviews are a bit clunky, but this process has improved a lot in the last year. Since we like to do 360's, it can be hard as this functionality doesn't exist and you have to use a combination of review forms and/or feedback forms to complete.

Support team responsiveness is great. Training videos are helpful. Overall, really love using 7Geese.

Cons

As noted above - reviews are clunky without an easy way to do 360's.

Danielle

Stuck with disappointment

Reviewed on 6/24/2020

I am very torn. I do like the system and feel like there are a lot of functions to take advantage of, however because the customer service is so poor I can not get help to utilize them to the full extent. Also I am disgusted by their billing department, I don't understand why I cannot get answers on what I am expected to pay for and why it changes each week.

I honestly want to look for something different, but I feel stuck since we just went through the transfer last year. I have 150 employees and I don't want to put them through another change so quickly. I would change if I could and I would not recommend this to anyone.

This is my last hope to try to get someone's attention, 4 months ago I expressed all my frustration with the sales people and was hopeful for some change, but nothing has changed.

Pros

I really like the payroll function of the software, it is very easy to set up and run payroll. Also the user side of things is very simple and available in Spanish.

Cons

Billing is inconsistent and uninformative, you ask questions and cannot get a direct or clear answer, I think it is very fair to be asking what I am paying for. Which then leads to the other worst function for this company which is customer service, I have been working on a billing question about delivery fees for over a month now, I have now had to ask 3 different people which include the sales people that sold me on Paycor.

I have been working on getting a user simple access to review our time cards and it is taking 3 weeks now. I called the support team, they told me it was fixed (it was not). I then created a case number by reaching out to through their support email, a week later I had to follow up with another phone call and they told me they had not even started working on this, so I had to sit on the phone for an hour while they worked on it.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Paycor experience. Have a great day!

Kimberly
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used for 2+ years

Great ATS gone silent

Reviewed on 11/4/2019

I absolutely LOVED Newton. I was introduced to Newton in 2016 at one company and loved it so much, I selected it for implementation at another company in 2018. The selection, evaluation and onboarding process was nearly flawless for a company that size and at the time, that new to an ATS. That company still uses Newton today. However, I hear that their calendar of improvements and upgrades have declined dramatically.

However, when I went out on my own, of course, my logical choice was Newton! I contacted them four separate times with not one call/text/email back. Such a shame to see a great company ignore one of it's greatest fans. They have recently been purchased by Paycor as a part of a bigger group of solutions. I hope they get back on track with their roots of excellent customer service and forward-thinking product development.

Pros

Ease of use for "non-recruiters" (end users)
Templates
Ease of application for candidates
Clear and readable dashboard for all users

Cons

At the time I was using Newton- there were no issues. Their CRM was non-existent (maybe in play now), but we were told that texting and a more robust CRM were in play.
Now- Unresponsive to an avid fan- never called me back!

iCIMS Talent Cloud and Hireology

iCIMS Talent Cloud and Hireology

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

Quality and ease of use Price Contract flexibility- month to month.
Kristin
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Overall a Helpful Product For our Business

Reviewed on 11/19/2019

I really like the Perform HR. Also, whenever I have to call the support team, they've always been very friendly and helpful.

Pros

I like that each employee has their own profile where we can store all of their information including performance reviews, disciplinary action, compensation information...everything is right there that I need for the employee. It's pretty simple to use, too.

Cons

The Time and Attendance feature was most challenging for me to learn and navigate, but once I got it, after numerous calls and emails from support, I understand it better and it's fine. Figuring out how to run reports was most challenging for me.

Alexandra

• Customer Support Software

Improves transparency, consistency and, ultimately, culture!

Reviewed on 4/21/2020

The ideal experience. They are responsive, receptive and engaging. They are always looking for ways to improve and engaging with me on new features to provide them feedback. Super happy their tool was the one we picked for our organization.

Pros

- Keeps our leaders on track to have consistent conversations that are well documented
- Asks for both parties to provide notes which is helpful to ensure we have a full capture of how a meeting went and what was discussed
- Reviews process is great for Annual Reviews - makes it so much easier
- Feedback function we use ALL THE TIME for surveys and anonymous feedback

Cons

There are some opportunities for improvement in a few functions, but 7Geese has been super responsive on my feedback and is actively working to continually improve their software

Small Improvements and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

Overall best look,feel, ux/ui experience. The most intuitive and with the most on the docket to improve in the following year. They are very open with me about features they are looking to add and I've seen them deliver on improvements time and again. It's nice to be heard as an end-user.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Tool for OKRs and Coaching

Reviewed on 4/22/2020

The overall experience has been positive. I would like to see our organization take better advantage of the roles and personal growth options to ensure there is clear career progression options for employees. The recognition piece is a great way to reinforce our core values and we put it up on screen in the employee break room for people to know those who've been recognized.

Pros

I like how easily we can create corporate OKRs and have employees create and align their OKRs to them. This helps ensure that everyone in the company knows what our focus is and whether their focus is in line with it. In addition, with the 1-on-1 feature, it is easy to check on progress of an employee's OKRs while meeting with them and give concrete feedback as well as easily check on previous discussion notes.

Cons

The reviews section can be a bit clunky. It is hard to navigate through the reviews sent (especially if you didn't understand the naming structure) and you cannot archive past reviews so we end up with a large list of review groups to sift through.

Zenefits and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

We cold not agree on an overall HR system, but knew the core of what we needed was OKR and 1-on-1 management. 7Geese provided that perfectly.
Andrea

Paycor Review

Reviewed on 9/7/2022

Paycor use to be fantastic to work with. The customer service has defiantly dropped off. They are also making lots of changes of which not all are convenient.

Pros

The ease of processing payroll. We came from a mostly manual way of processing that took several days. Processing with Paycor has eliminated that.

Cons

Customer service. You do not have a direct contact so you must go through the customer service department. Emails rarely get answered so you are forced to call.

Paycom and Greenshades

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

We were mostly manual on calculating payroll with GP. We wanted a more mainstream way of processing

Was not my choice

Response from Paycor

Hello Andrea, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with an honest review. I am very happy to hear you are enjoying our streamlined payroll process and that it has been a game changer for your business!

We apologize that you have not been receiving level of support you expect to receive from Paycor, and it is not the level we have committed to deliver. We are continuing to make optimizations to our service model and invest in our customer experience to ensure we are consistently delivering the highest level of customer service. If you have any additional feedback that you feel could be useful please email me directly at [email protected]

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Affordable and workable solution

Reviewed on 9/7/2022

Pros

Workable produce that is a good value for what it provides.

Cons

Features are behind competitors, support isn't fantastic, and interface is outdated

Paycom

Namely

Price

Response from Paycor

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We are so glad you find value in our product!

We are always looking to make improvements to our products and encourage you to submit your suggestions directly to our product team. You can do this by logging into Perform and clicking the "Give Feedback" link at the top right side of the screen! We take many of our new ideas for enhancements straight from our clients!

Lisa

Great Product

Reviewed on 6/25/2019

We have been able to better track our payroll and labor allocation. It integrates with our benefits program and cuts down on input. Audits go smoother with the reports that we are able to generate; both the pre-made reports and the report generator. I was a little aprehensive when I came into this position. It was quite abruptly and with little training, but I have come to really like this program and it makes my job run a little smoother.

Pros

The product is easy to use. They have great tutorials to help you with areas you are not familiar with. If you need to call in, the customer service is exceptional. They are always friendly and work to the resolution of the call.

Cons

Navigation between the areas is a little rough. There are times that I have to maneuver to another area for information and once the information is obtained, I have to maneuver back to the area I was in. If all the areas could be interconnected that would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful to designate hours and pay to a department. Currently, all hours and or pay have to be allocated to the different departments.

Krissy

Easily Manage Time cards through Paycor

Reviewed on 9/18/2019

I use Paycor to clock in/clock out at my community, as well as submit PTO and benefit requests.

Pros

Paycor is very user-friendly, and provides several tools to help manage time sheets, access company documents, review benefits and more. It has a very clean interface, and is extremely simple to navigate from the moment of onboarding through the duration of employment.

Cons

Paycor is difficult to change/cancel/adjust time off. I struggle with the time off section and often have to just delete the PTO submitted and resubmit when there is an error.

Paylocity

Paylocity
Jim

• Customer Support Software

Gets the job done, with little followup

Reviewed on 1/14/2020

This really gets the job done well and we are able to track several areas of organizational allocations and tax tracking which we were not able to track with another popular software. Once a change is made, I can be assured it will come over in the run properly.

Pros

Much of the software is quite intuitive. I have used other payroll software as well, but this simply makes sense. General area for profile, pay, deductions, with several areas for specifically coding org codes and working with allocations. It seems to be able to do what we need. Questions are dealt with fairly quickly, although during tax time the wait for a live person can be 15-20 minutes.

Cons

We had set up several different codes for 401(k), which the software did not combine for a total amount, so it was necessary to manually track for a couple employees. This was unfortunate, but didn't affect us too bad. The report writing is better than many companies I have worked with.

Response from Paycor

Hi Jim - thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that Paycor is intuitive and easy to use. Have a wonderful day!

Katie

Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 6/25/2019

All positive, helpful and amazing!

Pros

I would recommend paycor to anyone shopping around for new payroll services. It is a user friendly interface, every time I have a question and call in, they help me resolve it on the spot. I have never had any issues that have gone unresolved!

Cons

I would not even call it a con, but the hardest part for ME to use is the reporting function. BUT!! If I ever need anything, I call in and they help me with building a custom report!

Gusto and ADP TotalSource

Gusto and ADP TotalSource
Nathan
  • Industry: Public Policy

HR in the Cloud

Reviewed on 9/3/2018

Moving from ADP was a vast improvement, even with the note cons. Paycor is comparatively modern and offers a more robust platform for HR needs in the cloud. Employee satisfaction with recording time, leave, and access to forms and legal documents improved dramatically with Paycor.

Pros

It offers broad coverage of HR needs, including tracking time and leave, payroll processing, access to legal forms and employee files, etc. Paycor has seen marked improvement over the years I've been using it, now sporting a useful dashboard that presents the most-needed information at a glance. I like that when I log on I'm immediately presented with my leave balances, the date of my next paycheck, and access to the individuals that report to me. The Paycor interface is easy to navigate, place oft-accessed categories in logical places. Coming from ADP, Paycor was a huge step forward in functionality and ease of use.

Cons

While the worksheet for entering leave and time worked has been redesigned, the employee management area (where a supervisor approves leave, time cards, and tracks employee projects) remains dated and does not match the rest of the site. The form for recording employee progress toward goal completion and completing employee reviews allows only three types of fields, lacks conditional logic, and does not port employee entries to the supervisor rating form. These areas need a lot of work before Paycor becomes a true one-stop shop for our HR needs.

Carla
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Paycor Perform, Time and Attendance, and ACA Reporting

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

I have used several different payroll programs and Paycor is by far one of the best programs for small to mid-size companies. Your support staff is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. Your ACA team walked me through the setup and import process. They reviewed my information and assisted me with any errors. They explained things as clear and concisely as they could in an area that the lawmakers are still trying to figure out. Emily Adkins is our current customer service rep and is fantastic!!! She has practical knowledge both from a user and support point of view. She has shown me other capabilities in the program that I didn't even know existed. The only area that I think could use some work would be in some of the features and functionality as well as the reporting. Since the upgrade last year, performance has dropped and it takes longer to generate reports. The program does not seem as stable as it was a year and a half ago. There is a lot of ambiguity in how some of the state taxes are calculated. I have been unable to foot your calculations to either the GA tax tables or their formulas. It is difficult to pull employee information for employees that were active any time during a time frame without including actual payroll data. Overall I think the product is great, your team is great and I would definitely continue using your product for years to come.

Pros

Definitely the support and CSR team. The UI is pretty good too.

Cons

Some of the setups for earnings and payroll deductions are not clear.