RedTeam Flex

Project management & accounting for commercial construction

4.2/5
4.0/5
4.0/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Jennifer

RedTeam for subcontractors

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Before RedTeam, our people relied on paper prints and emails that they didn't have access to unless they were in the office. There were so many times when there were issues on a job site and it was someone else's word against ours. I can't tell you how many times daily reports have saved our tails. Our guys log pictures and descriptions pretty well and a lot of times we can just send a report to a general contractor and it clears up an issue. Submittals, drawings and specs are all available to our guys in the field, they can navigate the pages and blow sections up on their tablets and it's really helpful. Full size paper drawings are expenses, and this helps us a ton. Overall I am very happy with our decision to use RedTeam for our business.

Pros

*RedTeam offers our small business the opportunity to engage with our project generals and owners on a sleek and professional platform. Not a lot of other small businesses in our area use programs like this, it gives us an edge.
*We have several people working for us in the field who aren't always very 'tech savvy'. The mobile interface is very user friendly for them. They log daily reports and use the uploaded plans and specs all the time. Each morning I log onto my work station and I can see where all of our guys were the day before. It helps me keep up to speed with what progress is being made on each of our jobs.
*Billing is easy to keep track of for each job, and it's nice to be able to add change orders and manipulate our schedule of values when needed.

Cons

* The submittal process is a bit confusing. I believe it would be fairly simple to use if we were a general contractor, but being a specialty trade, we are almost always a subcontractor. I usually have to go in and process them from start to finish on my own just to have them in the system and available to our guys in the field.

Response from RedTeam Software

Thank you for the kind words, being able to help small and medium construction businesses is something we are very proud of.

Cinthia

Easy Peasy!

Reviewed on 4/4/2016

Pros

From the administration's point of view. I like that the entire construction phase of a project is captured in one place; including contacts, liens (if any), buyout, letters, just to name a few. When closing out a project, there is no longer the need to use up space on your server storing information for future reference; it will forever be accessible via RedTeam. Customer service is great and friendly. I absolutely love that my company uses RedTeam, it makes the job faster. No need to spend time creating cover sheets like transmittals, submittal labels, RFI coversheets... these forms will automatically create themselves with the information and contacts on the project. It is a great tool to have and a life changer. No more unprofessional looking forms, or in the other hand, no more spending hours making all forms uniform and looking great every time you have to use them.

Cons

Once you build up the vendor database, and it starts becoming massive... it will take what seems forever to load, and search. When editing a vendor profile, and you need to edit another vendor profile, you'll have to wait for the list to load again every time you have to open a profile. Another one is that the contact list on each project preloads itself, instead of the admin picking the names to add to the list; the admin has to spend quite some time "removing" the names you don't want to the list. Last time I created a contact list, it took me 30 minutes just removing over 130 contacts, and adding ones that weren't there. And every time there is a new hire, prepare to revisit the contact list for EVERY job you don't want this contact to show.

Riccardo

• Customer Support Software

There is room for improvement

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

• Change order narrative cannot be limited in characters; ned ability to write description as long as needed.
• Change order narrative should be more visible at the beginning of the page and not at the bottom.
• When editing a PCO add a reminder to save the changes when you click on “Close” so the changes are not lost.
• Overall, more consistency in the location of the commands and the look of the pages.
• Add change order number to automatically go to the next available number.
• Add explanation of difference between Potential Change and Potential Change Order.
• Add ability to sort and print RFI log by “Pending”
• Add ability to sort Shop drawings log by “Pending approval” or “Past due” with number of days past due.
• Add ability to move to different tabs of projects without having to get out of page you are working on if you need to refer to other documents in different tabs.
• Add word-editing capabilities like Bold, Underline, etc.

Pros

See comments below under Overall Experience

Cons

See comments below under Overall Experience

Antonio

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

In some cases, the software is not flexible for different ways a company operates and complicates the process. However, since I started using it the software i got used to it and I like it.

Pros

Iphone App. Its easy and fast to work on.

Cons

There's some unnecessary process on the submittal area that in most of the project we don't use and there's no option to remove or jump that process.

Drawings dont' have a good platform to do annotations or write on it. Including on the phone app.

Procore and Buildertrend

Reasons for Choosing RedTeam Flex

Change from company.

Procore

Price
Caitlin

Thank you RedTeam!

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

Overall great experience. Few glitchy things here and there, but for the most part, it has been very helpful with our general contracting business.

Pros

I really enjoy their Webinars and their Chat With RedTeam function. It is very helpful and they are always readily available to help us. It is nice to have the organization during the bidding phase, and also very nice that DocuSign works with our commitments!

Cons

It is difficult to learn the process of configuring things. We had a hard time setting up roles, because it seems like once it was set up, there were certain things that weren't configured and we would have to wait for rep to come back into the office and configure a certain role. There are pros and cons with configuration, but it has caused us the most trouble so far. We are much better with it now.
Aside from configuration, there are a few functions we wish they had, but they've been submitted as Ticket ideas. However, we have yet to hear feedback on our ticket ideas. We will be notified once they've been addressed, but some are 5+ months old, and no feedback yet.

Ashley

• Customer Support Software

The Customer Support Makes the Whole Program!

Reviewed on 11/22/2021

My overall experience with RedTeam is a positive one. There are a lot of times that things could have been much more frustrating, but because of the outstanding customer service the frustration melted away within minutes as we found a way to work around my issue.

Pros

This software has been a critical part of managing our multiple projects. It allows us to build jobs from the very beginning and keep everything in once place. If problems or questions ever arise you can chat with a representative immediately. I don't think I've ever waited more than a minute or two to be connected to a live person. I have truly never worked with another software company that delivers this kind of customer service and it is a game changer. It makes all of the cons that much less troublesome because there's always someone there to work through them with you.

Cons

I think that this software is still growing and developing so eventually these may not even be issues anymore, but the thing I like the least is that there is a lack of any kind of portal that the subcontractors can log into to view POs. The clients also can't log in to any type of portal to view current schedules, See an open list of RFIs, Submittals, etc. That makes these processes very manual and I think it would be a huge time saver if they had a higher level of access.

Helen

• Customer Support Software

Know your Project Managers' IT capability and commitment before buying this.

Reviewed on 10/29/2019

Like I said, Know your Project Managers' IT capability and commitment before buying this. When we bought this, we did not get our PMs' commitment on migrating to this software from Google Drive. It was not implemented well. Although it has a lot of helpful features, it will not be helpful if the user is not tech savvy or does not have time to learn.
Being an IT who landed in the accounting department, this would have been useful to our company if the commitment to utilize this is strong.

Pros

It is an all in one project correspondence to customer, accounting, subcontractors, and suppliers. I like its user friendly built and its professional look on their templates.
Training for users on different roles are also available. It is very easy to contact help via chat.
The builder of the software is in Orlando. We are also in Orlando.

Cons

It does not integrate with our accounting software QuickBooks Desktop. It can integrate with online software though.

Buildertrend

Affordable.

Response from RedTeam Software

Helen,
We appreciate you taking the time to review RedTeam! As with any technology enhancement it is important to get the team buy-in and make sure there is enough support so that implementation is successful. I would be happy to offer a private webinar to be recorded and share with your team if you feel it would help. As far as QuickBooks integration you are correct about our integration with QBO being very robust. We also offer functionality to move information to and from QuickBooks desktop and our tea would be happy to review that functionality with you. Thank you for being part of the RedTeam family!

Mark

RedTeam

Reviewed on 7/6/2019

Scheduling was a little difficult due to lack of tutorials(1 1/2 year ago)
Recently walking through payroll has not bed straight forward. I think this is another area that needs improvement on the help side. Functions that are standard to everyone's business should be well informed on RT whether a company decides to use or or not. If the option is there tehy should be able to go to the help section and walk through it with no issues, especially if they are familiar with the task but just need to understand how to perform in RT.

The contracts(owner and vendor), estimating, budgets, documentation etc... have been pretty good.
It would be nice if action items(Owner, architect, contractor, and vendor) could be expanded to track a specific item that takes more than a complete to get a accomplished. We typically had to use an excel spreadsheet to keep up with all of it because very seldom are action items resolved with on response.

Pros

Project management duties and financial duties can be done within the same software

Cons

The help section is great but there are key areas that still need improving. It would also be nice touch if the help and tutorials were laid out in a succinct manner that started with inception and walked through the typical processes of a project. From inception through punch out.

Billy

The parts of RedTeam that make my job easier

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

RedTeam has helped with communicating job progress to the client with the use of the progress overview. The phone app has been a time saver for both PM's and Superintendents, having the job contacts, submittals, plans, and the ability to create daily reports at your finger tips is a major time saver.

Pros

The use of tabs to organize is very user friendly. The ability to compare vendor quotes at bid phase is very time saving and helpful. The way that daily reports can be used to create a weekly report for my client is a big time saver as well.

Cons

The submittal tab does not automatically record when the submittal was transmitted via email, but it does allow you to copy yourself in the email, this just creates another place I need to store project information. The punch list is very helpful in communicating with the subcontractors, but needs to be able to communicate completed items to the client.

Gary

Great product and company

Reviewed on 3/21/2017

We are a small company and were looking for a back office solution to help us manage the growth we were experiencing. We were frustrated with duplicating our effort and the time we wasted tracking insurance expirations, releases, duplicate invoices, etc. Most of the solutions that we found provided features that we didn't need since we use QuickBooks Online for accounting and didn't want a product that included managing that aspect of our business. I happen to come across a link to RedTeam on the QBO site and contacted them for a demonstration. It was very obvious right away that RedTeam was exactly the solution we were looking for. We could not be more pleased with our decision to go with RT.

Not only do the product features fit our needs, the service and support we have received has been outstanding. This company puts forth a lot of effort providing the user with tools to get up to speed quickly and their Help Center is the best I have seen. I cannot say enough good things about RedTeam and their product and would definitely recommend it to others searching for this type of solution.

Pros

Integrates with QuickBooks Online and PlanGrid. Manages the development process from estimating to invoicing.

Kirk

Redteam PM Software

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

I am happy with Redteam. As Operations Manager, I have all jobs in one place and for the most part, we have everyone doing the input similarly.

Pros

It’s connectivity to costs and billings. The availability of documents from the cloud.

Cons

The formatting of the documents for printing is very bad - light blue and gray fonts don’t print or copy well. It also is formatted such that it uses a lot of paper to print and could be condensed.
The submittal stages are very cumbersome. Better to have fewer categories to move through the approval process.
It has been discussed with Redteam that there would be a more user friendly way of storing electronic files, PDFs, photos, etc. we use “issues” boxes in Dialog but it doesn’t search very well.
The phone app should allow access to more documents and financial audits.

Jean
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Used for 1+ year

Great software

Reviewed on 6/18/2019

Pros

The software is great and user friendly. They are always make improvements.

Cons

As an accountant, I understood the software, as a non account, not so much.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Reasons for Choosing RedTeam Flex

Move to online

Good software.
Andrew

• Customer Support Software

Good tool for a small business with big goals

Reviewed on 6/18/2019

We are currently using RedTeam mostly for estimating and preparing proposals. Its given us the ability to centralize our estimating process such as entering inventory items and getting pricing from subs. This has saved us a good amount of time. Looking forward to a couple "

Pros

I like the fact that you can have "inventory items" saved into the system which helps a lot when putting together estimates and not having to go back and forth from word to excel when putting my estimates together anymore. Also helps a lot to be able to see the our subcontractors proposals within the same software.

Cons

It would be nice to have a bit more freedom on customizing our proposal format. I also feel that it is missing the quantities in each estimate line item. One more very helpful thing would be to have the ability to "sign" or insert a signature into the files without having to go through Docusign and in our case turning the file into a PDF signing and then having to email from another platform and not emailing through RedTeam

Luz Adriana

A great managment software

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

Integrate all Project managment and control is been great for the company here. It's easy access for all users and it's great to have it link with que accounting software.

Pros

- Project creation, status, Submitals, RFQ, daily report, all project control in one place.
- Link with other software, QBs, ADP.
- Easy to navigate.
- Subcontractos, Vendors and Contact evaluation integrated.

Cons

It's still missing some equipment features.
There is no way to have inventory of materials, all the purchases are when it's cost for the project.

Buzz

• Customer Support Software

Robust capabilities but steep learning curve

Reviewed on 6/28/2019

We are still working to get it implemented, it has been a project rich environment with a thick construction schedule, leaving little time to train several of our key people. Just can't pull them off of tight schedules for now.

Pros

I liked the large feature set and the cloud based model of the product. Red Team is also fairly responsive to help requests, more so than most other platforms. The training video library is very helpful, one of the most comprehensive on the market. There is quite a lot of value for the price.

Cons

The biggest negative is the learning curve issue. There are many modules and many settings. When a user first lands in the software it's like parachuting into a jungle. The modules can be glitchy at times, requiring a tweak by a coder. There are many hours of tutorial videos and that is the saving grace of the platform, however, in a busy construction environment, it is difficult to find time to train, even with the videos. Even with negatives, I have not seen a better alternative.

Charlene

Outstanding Customer Services

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

We've been able to become a better company/organization with REDTEAM through the portal that allows us to consistently view our projects progress.

Pros

The customer service team is outstanding. Its instant and always accurate to the requests our firm has for them. The ease of the product is great and it has really helped us stand out among "small" contractors giving us the appearance of a larger GC in our proposals that we write.

Cons

The least thing is that compatibility with our accounting software; however I have been told that is on the schedule to be reviewed and more than likely will become a reality.

Kent

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Pros

It works well for job costing for our current needs.

Cons

When I first started using Red Team I was able to call in and talk to customer support. That has changed and now I have to submit via online customer support. I currently have an issue and it hasn't been resolved in a week's time. Customer service responses are via email so the personal contact has been removed. I had another issue several months ago that was not resolved and just forgotten on Red Teams part. I will look for new software prior to my next renewal date.

Penny

• Customer Support Software

Habitat for Humanity Loves Red Team!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017

We appreciate the in-kind donation to utilize your software. It allows us to keep a careful watch on our budget, collect our subcontractor's credentials and overall streamline the construction paperwork! Having the use of Red Team has helped our housing ministry build capacity so we can serve more families with affordable housing. Thank YOU!

Pros

Daily reports, ability to get lien releases and send RFI's.

Cons

Not always intuitive.

Terri

Using Red Team in Construction Management

Reviewed on 10/24/2019

We are in our third year of use. It is a great way to keep track of jobs, invoicing, and all the paperwork that goes with. As long as you have someone entering all the information.

Pros

Easy Access. We have several projects in and out of state. All our PM's can access it, wherever they are working. AND, I love the dashboard, so you can see what has been added to a job, by someone else.

Cons

The roundabout way to get to some of the information.
the filters are very specific.
Also, the cost. It is an expensive program.

Evan

RedTeam Exceptional!

Reviewed on 6/22/2018

Give RedTeam some serious thought as they will be the next up and coming software to compete against the big software companies.

Pros

Always developing improvements to the software. The customer service is exceptional and always respond quickly. The platform has a lot of functionalities that really start to benefit the users once you spend some time working in RedTeam. I would highly recommend RedTeam to General Contractors such as my self.

Cons

To be honest there was no major drawbacks for me. The only thing would be the estimating tab takes a couple seconds longer to load but it might just be my setup. I simply use excel and dump the estimate into RedTeam very easily

Derek
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Redteam Review

Reviewed on 12/14/2016

I've enjoyed the software for the most part. However, due to the complexities that come with construction project management and the different nuances of it, customizing a workflow in a PM software is critical. That has been the hard part with Redteam so far. The tutorials are lacking and some of the answers we get are just too "canned" to be much good.
There are also some functions of the application that just don't work that well and we've been told for about 6 months now that they are working on it. We've seen no improvement in some of the areas. Other areas, we have seen improvements and development, though, so it's not like it's all bad.
I think the platform is good, but getting it worked into a business workflow can be difficult. It has been for us anyways.

Pros

We based

Cons

Support and product development.

Elise

useful software

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

Pros

I like that it is easy to navigate through the software

Cons

"updates" have been made without our request that have made my day to day harder like adding extra pages that require me to click "next" more times to get to the necessary screen and changing daily reports we use

Louis

Time Saver

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

I depend on the constant real time info it provides and the ease of access. I also like the "share-ability"

Pros

It is very convenient and sensible to have so much info easy too access

Cons

Some customization of forms and creating a format that is new is very difficult or impossible.

Leslie

RedTeam Software - Great for our small construction company

Reviewed on 12/14/2016

We have used RedTeam for approximately two years and have enjoyed its ease of use and the app, which makes using it in the field a snap.

Pros

Very easy to use.

Cons

Most of what we least liked has been repaired, such as the uploading capabilities in the Plan Room. These have been greatly improved.

Chelsey

NAVCON Group, LLC

Reviewed on 3/23/2017

RedTeam is very good for use on plans, work orders, change orders. Anytime we need assistance a RedTeam representative is there to help us. We hope the process of "steps" minimize and freezing of the software.

Pros

Work Orders
Plan Room
Change Orders
Daily Reports

Cons

How many steps/committing/committing