RedTeam

Project management & accounting for commercial construction

4.2/5
4.0/5
4.0/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Phil

Project Manager

Reviewed on 2019-06-19

The main reason we have purchased RedTeam was to free up my time. We need a program that helps eliminate time-consuming processes and redundancies. While at the same time track time-sensitive communications. Estimates, budgets, buyouts, and billings can bog you down in tedious detail. But have a system that tracks it from day one thru the full life of the project is a great benefit. Also, having the ability to link with QuickBooks makes our office manager grateful she doesn't have to learn a new system.

Pros

Systematic process. The program is well tuned to help eliminate the pitfalls of being so busy and missing a step or piece of information. The process forces you to not shoot from the hip, as we all have done and been bitten by it.
The customer support can't be beat. The techs know their stuff and help you get going quickly, even when you ask the software to do something it was not designed to do, they still help you figure it out.

Cons

Implementation, with any robust complete software program converting completely over to it takes time. The transition is challenging if you are busy. You will be tempted to stick with what you have always done due to being comfortable with it. However, that said the RedTeam support has helped me time and time again as I use the software more and more.

Paul

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 2019-06-18

I am fortunate that after the software had been originally abandoned in our company, we have decided to give it another try with direct assistance from the Red Team Success team. They have been great! I am realizing now that the software really can be the main platform we use statewide with all functionalities that it encompasses. The key is correct onboarding and training at the beginning. I would advise this software to anyone who has the financial capital to go ahead and purchase it.

Pros

The software is a One-Stop-Shop. It encompasses features from project planning to project fulfillment. In our case, we deal with scheduling (Gantt charts), accounting, document retention, and tracking, inventory, multiple projects in different locations varying from single-family housing to multi-family housing all under construction simultaneously. The software allows access and provides learning tools for the novice person starting out in construction and has great tools for the experienced person in construction. It is also compatible with other programs.

Cons

1. Some of the features, starting out with passwords seem to be elementary. For example, you cannot use characters in your password.
2. Without clear onboarding from the support staff, the software can be cumbersome and confusing to implement company-wide
3. It would be nice to have more features accessible on the mobile app.
4. It's very pricey if you're not going to use all the features

Reasons for Choosing RedTeam

We wanted something that could be used company-wide that would also be intuitive and easily customizable for our variety of projects. Also wanted to have something that goes from project planning to project fulfillment.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to RedTeam

1. Free trial period 2. All-encompassing from planning to the fulfillment of the project 3. Allows access to all our vendors and subcontractors so everybody can be on the same page 4. Construction document templates are available making us have more professional and standard documents company-wide
George

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2022-07-28

Difficult

Pros

We like the features the software promised.

Cons

RedTeam software did not deliver, after using for 6 months, would not refund any of my $6500.

Valerie

Excellent Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

Pros

One of the things that I like about RedTeam is the job cost reports. I can provide reports to PM's in seconds, instead of having to go to different softwares to pull numbers.

I also like the interface between RedTeam and DocuSign with sending POs and subcontracts. It makes it easy to track if a contract was signed by our vendor. Before RedTeam, we didn't have a way to track the status of contracts.

The lien tracker is very helpful to keep track of our preliminary liens. Before we used Excel to keep track of them.

Cons

The WIP Reports need a little work. Once a project is closed, it is dropped off our WIP report. Currently, we are using Excel.

The billing needs a little help. We would like to be able to enter in the current amount that we want to bill instead of using a percentage or having to add the number to the previous amount billed.

Justin

Red Team Review

Reviewed on 2019-06-28

Pros

Ease of use. We like the project labeling, ability to sort by WIP and Bids.

Cons

We really like everything, just want to see some modifications. Things such as WIP tab does not remove "closed" projects from it, so our WIP list just keeps getting larger. If we revise an estimate, we would like to be able to keep the original estimate, number, etc and open a revision with the new information. We would like to rename in the schedule of values "fee" and "overhead" to whatever we see fit. Lots of other small changes that we can hopefully keep suggesting and get implemented in the future.

Procore and Knowify

Reasons for Choosing RedTeam

Corecon is terrible! Can't handle sales tax, rounds everything different that QBO, cumbersome, not that user friendly. Does some thing well, but more bad than good.

Corecon

Reasons for Switching to RedTeam

Liked that everything from estimating, job management, CRM, could be handled with Red Team. Liked that you can send things to be through the system, but without making every client log into the system.
Katie

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021-07-26

We just started using it and so far it seems very useful, the commitment forms are auto generated with the information you input, all our vendors were uploaded into the system to make it easy to request bids or manage projects.

Pros

The ability to easily track projects and subcontractors submittals, schedules and change orders.

Cons

You must use QB or Sage to integrate your accounting and cost code features.

Reasons for Switching to RedTeam

We decided the streamline of submittals and change orders was more geared to our existing process. We like the ability to easily identify subcontractors for scopes needed, submit RFI responses, create buyouts, sign contracts and much more.
Terry

Functionality

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

Like stated, I love the program. The best part for me has been the easy way to get around and all of the videos available for additional training.

Pros

I love everything about the Red Team. It's easy, it's thorough, and I believe that it will lead the company to where it needs to be.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the Red Team. Its been a wonderful process so far.

Reasons for Switching to RedTeam

Alex was looking for something that would best fit the company and the price was good as well.
Lou Ann

REDTEAM Review

Job costs

Pros

Integration into QBO and the tracking of job costs

Cons

reports - the detail of some reports is lacking. I would like to open and see a complete snapshot of money in/out including vendors and suppliers

Integration with QBO and the ease of use Cost
Rashad
  • Industry: Photography

Team Management through the software

Reviewed on 2021-02-21

Generally, I would say that because of the price I moved to RedTeam and the amazing work of support team made me stay in this platform until now.

Pros

The use of the software is not complicated since it involves the broad types of features. To manage the bills is the great opportunity that makes possible convenient management. The support team is working greatly that is one the reasons holding me in this platform. With the feature of learning I can prepare the new members of my team in the short time.

Cons

There are still features waiting to be added to the software since the peers of the RedTeam provides already. The interface could be more confusing than you expect. The mobile version is still waiting to be renovated with new features.

Red Team - Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2020-01-15

My overall experience with Red Team was really great. It allows everyone on our team (contractors, employees and the clients) to keep in touch and know what is required and when. The challenging thing with the software was to ensure everyone is using it and checking it regularly

Pros

What I liked most about this software is how well it helps us keep track of any project at any time. With the mobile app at your fingertips it is easy to take pictures and make a report about issues, milestones, or even the project is completed.

Cons

What I liked the least about this software is that there isn't tier pricing. Being a small company, there are many features we didn't need so it would have been nice to have a smaller/condensed/ stripped-down version made available.

Response from RedTeam Software

Thank you for your review!

Candice

Submittals

Reviewed on 2019-07-19

RedTeam is fine overall, but the submittal process is terribly time consuming. there needs to be options to move past 4 of the 6 steps to submit for approval... All we need is:
1. Create submittal (chose vendor, upload submittal with transmittal)
2. Submit for approval (chose the recipients and those copied) then email.

Pros

Although the print is too small, the subcontract and change order process is easy to use.
My subcontractors complain that the size of the font is too small after printing for signature. It's no longer legible after scanning and saving the executed contracts, CO's, PO's, etc.

Cons

The submittal process (IMO) is ridiculously cumbersome.
1. Having to go through 6 steps to submit 1 submittal is so time consuming that I have to schedule a full day to process multiple submittals. I am very very busy with non-stop calls, emails, meetings, etc.; a simple distraction can cause a mistake while drudging through the unnecessary 6 steps to submit for approval ... If I make a mistake, I have to edit and basically start all over. Then the tracking...
2. The Revise & Resubmit submittal just need to turn RED, there is no need to cross it out. The submittal log becomes messy and confusing with the crossed out submittals.
3. RedTeam should auto populate a submittal cover sheet; one that the reviewer can add comments, a stamp, etc. If I was to use RedTeam to request submittals from a sub, I would have to download, (often print), add the transmittal, the upload the submittal... That's dumb. Regardless, my subs cannot be bothered by using RedTeam to upload submittals. It's not user friendly for those whom are out in the field, working from their truck or trailer. Therefore, they forward the submittal from their supplier via email and/or hand deliver the samples and product data.
3. The reference number should be the cost code per the project submittal book. For example:
Trash Chutes Cost Code 14-91-82
Trash Chutes as a Sbmittal reference #: 14-91-82 or for revisions 14-91-82 R1 etc.

Response from RedTeam Software

Thank you for the feedback, as you probably already know we are doing a major overall of the submittal workflow and you should already be seeing those in the software. As you know you are always welcome to reach out!

Jennifer

RedTeam for subcontractors

Reviewed on 2019-07-02

Before RedTeam, our people relied on paper prints and emails that they didn't have access to unless they were in the office. There were so many times when there were issues on a job site and it was someone else's word against ours. I can't tell you how many times daily reports have saved our tails. Our guys log pictures and descriptions pretty well and a lot of times we can just send a report to a general contractor and it clears up an issue. Submittals, drawings and specs are all available to our guys in the field, they can navigate the pages and blow sections up on their tablets and it's really helpful. Full size paper drawings are expenses, and this helps us a ton. Overall I am very happy with our decision to use RedTeam for our business.

Pros

*RedTeam offers our small business the opportunity to engage with our project generals and owners on a sleek and professional platform. Not a lot of other small businesses in our area use programs like this, it gives us an edge.
*We have several people working for us in the field who aren't always very 'tech savvy'. The mobile interface is very user friendly for them. They log daily reports and use the uploaded plans and specs all the time. Each morning I log onto my work station and I can see where all of our guys were the day before. It helps me keep up to speed with what progress is being made on each of our jobs.
*Billing is easy to keep track of for each job, and it's nice to be able to add change orders and manipulate our schedule of values when needed.

Cons

* The submittal process is a bit confusing. I believe it would be fairly simple to use if we were a general contractor, but being a specialty trade, we are almost always a subcontractor. I usually have to go in and process them from start to finish on my own just to have them in the system and available to our guys in the field.

Response from RedTeam Software

Thank you for the kind words, being able to help small and medium construction businesses is something we are very proud of.

Bruce

Red Team Review

Reviewed on 2019-06-11

I like it. I use it extensively for bidding and Invoicing. I also use SA's, PO's, and Progress Reports frequently. I do not use the RFI's, Submittals, or the Dialog section much at all, as I find them less user-friendly.

Pros

1) Sending RFQ's. I like being able to send emails to all subs at the same time and keep track of who I sent them to, and who is bidding or not. I can also upload their bids. It's great having all the bids in one place. 2) I also like the freedom in how I enter information into the estimating section. Although it would be nice if it could do one additional calculation for me, i.e. #men x #days x $rate, instead of just qty x rate. 3) The Progress Reports and the ability to capture photo's and upload them from the mobile app is also a great feature. 4) Billing through RT is quick and easy. 5) Writing Sub Agreements and PO's in the buyout section is helpful also.

Cons

- It's not always intuitive. I find the Submittals section somewhat time-consuming and cumbersome to use. I also find the Dialog section a little cumbersome and haven't found much value in it beyond what I get from Outlook. - It would be nice if there was a record of when emails were sent through RedTeam. When I send an email, I can go back and check sent emails. That's not the case with RT, unless I copy myself on the emails and then can find it in Outlook. - It has it's quirks such as not being able to enter a website when creating a new customer/vendor. The customer/vendor has to be saved 1st, then the website added later. In the Contract section, I have to save several times as I set it up. If I check boxes for the set up, set the duration, add clarifications, etc., then save it, I'll have to go back and do some of those things again. If I only do a few things at a time before saving, then it will remember what I changed. And in many areas I can add a new vendor or contact person but in other areas I can't without exiting the job.

Cinthia

Easy Peasy!

Reviewed on 2016-04-04

Pros

From the administration's point of view. I like that the entire construction phase of a project is captured in one place; including contacts, liens (if any), buyout, letters, just to name a few. When closing out a project, there is no longer the need to use up space on your server storing information for future reference; it will forever be accessible via RedTeam. Customer service is great and friendly. I absolutely love that my company uses RedTeam, it makes the job faster. No need to spend time creating cover sheets like transmittals, submittal labels, RFI coversheets... these forms will automatically create themselves with the information and contacts on the project. It is a great tool to have and a life changer. No more unprofessional looking forms, or in the other hand, no more spending hours making all forms uniform and looking great every time you have to use them.

Cons

Once you build up the vendor database, and it starts becoming massive... it will take what seems forever to load, and search. When editing a vendor profile, and you need to edit another vendor profile, you'll have to wait for the list to load again every time you have to open a profile. Another one is that the contact list on each project preloads itself, instead of the admin picking the names to add to the list; the admin has to spend quite some time "removing" the names you don't want to the list. Last time I created a contact list, it took me 30 minutes just removing over 130 contacts, and adding ones that weren't there. And every time there is a new hire, prepare to revisit the contact list for EVERY job you don't want this contact to show.

Antonio

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

In some cases, the software is not flexible for different ways a company operates and complicates the process. However, since I started using it the software i got used to it and I like it.

Pros

Iphone App. Its easy and fast to work on.

Cons

There's some unnecessary process on the submittal area that in most of the project we don't use and there's no option to remove or jump that process.

Drawings dont' have a good platform to do annotations or write on it. Including on the phone app.

Procore and Buildertrend

Change from company.

Price
Caitlin

Thank you RedTeam!

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

Overall great experience. Few glitchy things here and there, but for the most part, it has been very helpful with our general contracting business.

Pros

I really enjoy their Webinars and their Chat With RedTeam function. It is very helpful and they are always readily available to help us. It is nice to have the organization during the bidding phase, and also very nice that DocuSign works with our commitments!

Cons

It is difficult to learn the process of configuring things. We had a hard time setting up roles, because it seems like once it was set up, there were certain things that weren't configured and we would have to wait for rep to come back into the office and configure a certain role. There are pros and cons with configuration, but it has caused us the most trouble so far. We are much better with it now.
Aside from configuration, there are a few functions we wish they had, but they've been submitted as Ticket ideas. However, we have yet to hear feedback on our ticket ideas. We will be notified once they've been addressed, but some are 5+ months old, and no feedback yet.

Ashley

• Customer Support Software

The Customer Support Makes the Whole Program!

Reviewed on 2021-11-22

My overall experience with RedTeam is a positive one. There are a lot of times that things could have been much more frustrating, but because of the outstanding customer service the frustration melted away within minutes as we found a way to work around my issue.

Pros

This software has been a critical part of managing our multiple projects. It allows us to build jobs from the very beginning and keep everything in once place. If problems or questions ever arise you can chat with a representative immediately. I don't think I've ever waited more than a minute or two to be connected to a live person. I have truly never worked with another software company that delivers this kind of customer service and it is a game changer. It makes all of the cons that much less troublesome because there's always someone there to work through them with you.

Cons

I think that this software is still growing and developing so eventually these may not even be issues anymore, but the thing I like the least is that there is a lack of any kind of portal that the subcontractors can log into to view POs. The clients also can't log in to any type of portal to view current schedules, See an open list of RFIs, Submittals, etc. That makes these processes very manual and I think it would be a huge time saver if they had a higher level of access.

Helen

• Customer Support Software

Know your Project Managers' IT capability and commitment before buying this.

Reviewed on 2019-10-29

Like I said, Know your Project Managers' IT capability and commitment before buying this. When we bought this, we did not get our PMs' commitment on migrating to this software from Google Drive. It was not implemented well. Although it has a lot of helpful features, it will not be helpful if the user is not tech savvy or does not have time to learn.
Being an IT who landed in the accounting department, this would have been useful to our company if the commitment to utilize this is strong.

Pros

It is an all in one project correspondence to customer, accounting, subcontractors, and suppliers. I like its user friendly built and its professional look on their templates.
Training for users on different roles are also available. It is very easy to contact help via chat.
The builder of the software is in Orlando. We are also in Orlando.

Cons

It does not integrate with our accounting software QuickBooks Desktop. It can integrate with online software though.

Buildertrend

Affordable.

Response from RedTeam Software

Helen,
We appreciate you taking the time to review RedTeam! As with any technology enhancement it is important to get the team buy-in and make sure there is enough support so that implementation is successful. I would be happy to offer a private webinar to be recorded and share with your team if you feel it would help. As far as QuickBooks integration you are correct about our integration with QBO being very robust. We also offer functionality to move information to and from QuickBooks desktop and our tea would be happy to review that functionality with you. Thank you for being part of the RedTeam family!

zachary

ASI GC superintendent Review

Reviewed on 2019-06-20

Pros

Ease of use and ability to convey what happens daily on site.

Cons

We use the app a lot in the field and sometimes it doent load up fully. Not too many complaints with the App other than that.

Also, what our office team sees and what the field guys see are completely different and was confusing at first.

Mark

RedTeam

Reviewed on 2019-07-06

Scheduling was a little difficult due to lack of tutorials(1 1/2 year ago)
Recently walking through payroll has not bed straight forward. I think this is another area that needs improvement on the help side. Functions that are standard to everyone's business should be well informed on RT whether a company decides to use or or not. If the option is there tehy should be able to go to the help section and walk through it with no issues, especially if they are familiar with the task but just need to understand how to perform in RT.

The contracts(owner and vendor), estimating, budgets, documentation etc... have been pretty good.
It would be nice if action items(Owner, architect, contractor, and vendor) could be expanded to track a specific item that takes more than a complete to get a accomplished. We typically had to use an excel spreadsheet to keep up with all of it because very seldom are action items resolved with on response.

Pros

Project management duties and financial duties can be done within the same software

Cons

The help section is great but there are key areas that still need improving. It would also be nice touch if the help and tutorials were laid out in a succinct manner that started with inception and walked through the typical processes of a project. From inception through punch out.

Bill

Project Management

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

It has helped me keep up with the daily challenges we face with a construction project. From cost estimates to daily communication with architects and clients it keeps everything organized in one place for ease of use and review.

Pros

That it pulls together all the everyday issues I need to deal with for Construction management

Cons

Layers of links in the email to documents has been a complaint I receive from Architects.

Reasons for Switching to RedTeam

At the time the assistance in learning the program was very personal and helpful. Also it is focused on Construction management with a smaller investment.
Kyle

Red Team an Amazing Software for Construction

Reviewed on 2019-06-19

My overall experience for this product is I like it a lot. Even though there are a few issues we have with the minor errors here and there, it is overall a great product to have. To be able to list everything you need for a superintendent on a job site to document everything down in one place is huge. I believe this team can make this software even better in the future by continuing to make changes and updates and listening to their customers who tend to use this all the time.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is it has been a massive help with our employees and customers in the field and the office. It labels things clearly, and it documents everything how we want it.

Cons

I believe there is still a few bugs with this software on the mobile side, also a few on the desktop side. Not being able to since RFI's with plan grid sets us back a few. Not being able to Edit some of the accounting fields makes it a little tricky for our controller to get the correct numbers. Just a few tweaks here and there and listing to suggestions from customers who use it every day will help improve this product if the development team could act on it.

Billy

The parts of RedTeam that make my job easier

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

RedTeam has helped with communicating job progress to the client with the use of the progress overview. The phone app has been a time saver for both PM's and Superintendents, having the job contacts, submittals, plans, and the ability to create daily reports at your finger tips is a major time saver.

Pros

The use of tabs to organize is very user friendly. The ability to compare vendor quotes at bid phase is very time saving and helpful. The way that daily reports can be used to create a weekly report for my client is a big time saver as well.

Cons

The submittal tab does not automatically record when the submittal was transmitted via email, but it does allow you to copy yourself in the email, this just creates another place I need to store project information. The punch list is very helpful in communicating with the subcontractors, but needs to be able to communicate completed items to the client.

Tina

review

Reviewed on 2019-06-19

Pros

I like that the information is accessible to view on line; it is just a matter of learning
the navigation.

Cons

1) having to exit inv. data entry to make an adjustment to the contract.
2) having to go back and delete an invoice that you were not allowed to enter.
3) only having the manual on-line; if your question is not typed exactly right you can not find help.
4) the job name does not show up on qbo a/p report
5) the job name does not print on the check.
6) having to enter a separate invoice to release vendor retention
7) I wish that the subcontracts would use some kind of order, instead of just in order entered.

Kirk

Redteam PM Software

Reviewed on 2019-07-08

I am happy with Redteam. As Operations Manager, I have all jobs in one place and for the most part, we have everyone doing the input similarly.

Pros

It’s connectivity to costs and billings. The availability of documents from the cloud.

Cons

The formatting of the documents for printing is very bad - light blue and gray fonts don’t print or copy well. It also is formatted such that it uses a lot of paper to print and could be condensed.
The submittal stages are very cumbersome. Better to have fewer categories to move through the approval process.
It has been discussed with Redteam that there would be a more user friendly way of storing electronic files, PDFs, photos, etc. we use “issues” boxes in Dialog but it doesn’t search very well.
The phone app should allow access to more documents and financial audits.