Brilliant Directories

All-in-one directory & member management software

4.7/5
4.7/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Dr. Virginia

• Customer Support Software

Our Search is Finally Over!

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

Overall, it has been an excellent experience with the Brilliant Directories team. I had many questions and found a lot of my answers in their very active Facebook group. They were very quick to answer all of my questions when I reached out to the team or support. This is literally one of the most comprehensive association/director/membership platforms available and you can have it up and running in a few hours. It is a game-changer for us since we've tried many other options.

Pros

We love the fact that with Brilliant Directories, anyone can have their site up and running ready to accept new embers within a day. This is a mature, robust platform with outstanding features. Our use case is an association with a multi-tiered member directory. After testing the site, we found that Brilliant Directors meets and exceeds our goals. The platform offers many features we had not thought of that will add great value and help us scale quickly. We like the fact that everything is built within the platform and the user interface is pretty good, especially compared to the competition.

Cons

A few of the feature limits, like storage, are potentially a bit low if the site membership grows significant, which is the goal. Fortunately, they have add-ons at affordable prices so the features can grow in pace with the site.

Volkan
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Right Choice!

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

Pros

I tried almost every membership and directory software in the industry. Overall, Brilliant Directories is the best solution for me. I used the free trial option for a week and loved it. It is so easy to use and it's an awesome product even without the VIP Add-Ons.

Cons

I'll let you know once I open it to the world. I haven't tested it with the real members yet.

MemberClicks, eDirectory, Glue Up and Member Solutions

Reasons for Switching to Brilliant Directories

When I compared the functions and the price, its the best of them. The other huge factor is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I had so many questions, concerns and demands. He kindly answered all my questions, solved my concerns and helped me within my budget. I'll start my project asap thanks to him. I hope I'll get the same support after the sale.
Nasser

So far, not bad

Reviewed on 12/28/2015

On the positive side, Brilliant Directories is very easy, in fact effortless, to initially get up and running. That's good.

On the negative side, I'm finding it difficult to understand how to customize the system according to my needs. I am a web developer with years of experience with php, javacscript, SQL Server, etc. I just a simple set of documentation which tells me how I can access the source code, and what the API is (if there is one).

The Customer Service response time is very fast, and so far they have been very good at helping with DNS changes. However, with regards to customization, so far I have only received responses telling me it can't be done, or I have to ask for a quote in the marketplace, or I have to spend $100 of my allowance to set up a call with an expert.

I am a web developer! I want to do this stuff myself. Please help me out here. (I've already paid a reasonable amount of money. If I need something that I can't do myself then, rest assured, I'll pay you more).

Thank you.

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Nasser!

Jason Haloossim here, founder at Brilliant Directories.

As a developer you have tons of access to your source code to make higher level edits, queries and more.

Join me in our next Webinar Wednesday where you can get free live support on your website and ask questions about where to access things in the your admin area.

REGISTER FREE (all are welcome): https://www.brilliantdirectories.com/workshop

We do these about every 2 weeks and it's a great way to learn more about how BD works.

I hope to see you in the next webinar and will look out for any questions from you.

All the best,
Jason Haloossim

Stephen
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 10/17/2022

Outstanding!

Pros

After a lot of research, I settled on Brilliant Directories. They have been outstanding regarding customer support and the granularity of the website controls/options is more than I had hoped for which is very beneficial to how I had intended to implement my website. I could not recommend Brilliant Directories more - Fantastic! They have made me a fan.

Cons

There is a high learning curve, but BD has many videos and support articles, not to mention outstanding customer support, so that has mitigated my lack of knowledge.

Nick
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Love it for two big reasons!

Reviewed on 5/13/2020

Loving it and loved the service. Super quick and responsive service.

Pros

There were two reasons I bought Brilliant Directories within hours of discovering it!

Firstly, the software itself was far better than any other directory I had found by far (including the horrible experience of trying to build one on Wordpress with ListingPro).

Secondly, the service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]called me within minutes of my inquiry and patiently walked me through the platform. She was super clear and very helpful and I "walked" away with 3 licenses!

Cons

Nothing yet - I am still building it but it's clear to me that is is excellent.

eDirectory

Reasons for Choosing Brilliant Directories

Just so many more features can be deployed so quickly

Aesthetics, flexibility, service
Tim

Great

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

I'm now ready to take my business to the next level and we can level up without breaking the bank!

Pros

BD is easy to set up and use, and has the best value on the net!

Cons

It's not you, it's me! I just wish I had more time to utilize all the features properly. In time!

Augustus
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Great Directory

Reviewed on 11/30/2020

Pros

All the features. Plenty of options that can benefit members. And use as revenue if you choose.

Cons

Not having groups for members to engage within the site.

eDirectory and WordPress

Edirectory - price Wordpress- ease of installation
Jack

Make your life easy with a Brilliant Directory

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Pros

We had been looking for a way to build a couple directories to complement our current business. A business partner had recommended this platform a while back. They had also provided us with the opportunity to demo their test platform. The UX is easy to navigate and they have very detailed help files and tons of tutorial videos for most elements. The fact that we now have 4 active directory with the optional VIP add-on activated is the ultimate proof that we believe this platform is worth the investment or both time and money.

Cons

We haven't tried all the add-on yet and might be missing something but from what we've seen so far it looks like the filtering of categories and sub categories and so on could be improved. We also find that the customer facing pages could look better. For example on a 4K monitor only about 1/3 of the screen is used on most pages.

Tess

• Customer Support Software

The Perfect Directory Builder Software for the Non-Techie Newbie!

Reviewed on 7/6/2022

I've never built a directory or listing site before but when I finished, I was so impressed with my work that I couldn't even believe I built what I was looking at! If I had blog content already completed, I literally could have launched the first night I first started working with the software.

Pros

I love this software because it is easy to use and has the perfect format for building an online directory. It is also easy to customize and personalize. I didn't have to know anything about what a directory should have as they've included everything. All that's missing is your original content.

Cons

I prefer front-end builders. I normally use Divi, Elementor, Blocksy, etc and I can move so much quicker. It took me a while to finish which was due to the constant flipping to the front to evaluate my work.

Zachary
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Need it

Reviewed on 7/29/2022

Game changer

Pros

Needed this’ very easy to
Use and fast to go live

Cons

Some of the ui is clunky
But that’s about it

Doris

Brilliant and Caring!!!!

Reviewed on 11/4/2016

I'm grateful that I found brilliant directories, the fact that the support team is so patient, understanding, and eager to help my business grow is amazing. I feel like I not only found a great product, but I'm a part of a business family that's down to earth, and genuinely want my business to be successful. I'll never forget what Jason did for me, for anyone to take the time to give valuable help and advice at no cost says a lot to me about that person's character. I'm just so thankful to have found a company that's not all about just making a quick buck off of you, but that really wants to see your business succeed. Thank you so much Jason, and the entire support team, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

Pros

I like most about this product is the ease of the video tutorials, and the prompt response from the support teams, they really helped me set up my directory with minimal stress.

Cons

I don't like that I'm not able to understand the development side of the software. Things that I'd like to implement into my site I'm not able to, because I don't know how to read codes, and scripts.

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Doris. We can't thank you enough for your amazing feedback. We're thrilled that you've been successful with the software.

Regarding the major customizations that may require some coding, we hear your complaints. This is our development teams number one priority at the moment. We truly do appreciate your honest review. It's what helps us continue to improve the software for our amazing users like yourself :)

Luis
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

My Great Experience with Brilliant Directories

Reviewed on 9/28/2019

It has been exceptional, I love the videos like I told representative, I stay up late at night just watch them. They are great educational tools. The conference calls are great because you get to learn from other entrepreneurs from all over the world. I didn't have that experience with the other company., or maybe they didn't stress it enough as Brilliant directory does. The other great experience I had in the last few days, is the call that I get from the owners of Brilliant directory, representative a co-owner calls me to congratulate me on my site. That tells me that they are paying attention to what new business owners are doing, it tells me that they are not just for our money, but also for the success of our business. That is key!

Pros

I really don't know where to start. There are so many great features that brilliant Directories offer. I love the different themes and ideas that the Brilliant Directory provides for me and my company. I have been with E-directory for several years, and I sometimes feel that they don't want to be bothered, on the other hand, I get the feeling that the owners and staff of Brilliant Directory make me feel that if they don't help us to succeed they won't succeed. That is a great attitude to have in any business. At first, it bothered me about the 15 minutes call they grant us, but after 2 sessions with Representative, he was able to show me how to build my site in less than 15 minutes.

Cons

Cons I can't speak of any. I haven't had any bad experience as of yet I don't foresee any, they are very organized with their product, knowledge, and training.

Cristina

Great Software and Awesome costumer service but not efficient support

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

I signed up for the system because I can see the potential of the system but I am having difficulties in using more advanced setting due to lack of information and support.
3 stars for ease of Use and 1 star for Customer Support because it is easy mainly to do very basic things demonstrated with the videos provided.

It was very easy for me to understand how to implement the menu and add new items to the menu but when I asked support for my menu to be the same as Brilliant Directories demo it took a long time for me to have it done even though I sent the link to the demo the way I wanted.

I received the link to the video showing how to manage the menus 3 times even though I was saying that I have learned that already. By now there are a lot of pending things that are not happening in terms of support.

The ticket system is not efficient. It takes a lot of time for the ticket to be responded and when responded a lot of times is with another questions and your answer opens another ticket which takes even more time to be responded.

Kelvin Vaughan is amazing and promptly responds every time you contact him.
A suggestion to improve the awesome service Kelvin provides as representative of Brilliant Directories would be someone in the support team who could take care of everything the client would need to just start right after signing up, because the support is deficient and is not giving the high level of service Kelvin represents and gives on a personal level.

Pros

I wrote in my feedback

Cons

Inefficient Customer support

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Cristina. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We hear what you're saying and we will do everything we can to improve our customer support. Sometimes our support team gets a bit back logged when an influx of support tickets are submitted, but we are committed to our 24 hour-maximium response times. And while our users wait for a response, we do encourage them to browse our free support center which has hundreds of support documents and video tutorials, along with participating in our community forums.

But I absolutely understand where you are coming from and we will be working to improve our customer support. We sincerely thank you for your honest feedback, it's what helps us make our product and support even better. Thank you!

Tima

• Customer Support Software

If you are looking for a directory template or software, Brilliant Directories is all you need

Reviewed on 9/16/2014

I just want to thank you for the last 8 weeks working with all of you incredibly awesome people at BD.

I want to thank you Dennis for finding a great yearly solution, the warm welcome, your vibrant and uplifting personality and your proactive 'it can be done' attitude.

I want to thank Gaby for being an incredible first coach, you listened to every concern, always guided me in the right direction and made me truly feel I had a friend holding my hand through those first days Kindness and professionalism are hard to come by these days'and Gaby you have this rare ability

I want to thank Esteban who as a developer really eased my mind, was so incredibly willing to help at all hours, his coding talent, and the energy of how much he really is proud of BD. He got me through that time when I was about to throw in the towel.

I want to thank Alex 'for her meticulous responses, to every bullet point, her kindness and empathy ' and her professionalism and great organization. I never worried I wouldn't receive a response, and always felt at ease you would always find a way to get everything done.

And Oscar ' thank you for the last 'bugs'.

As a developer, I need to say, your code is excellent, very light'script-wise etc. And hardly any bugs. I've worked on CMS's with so many scripts (for example Magento) - yours seems light as a feather.

The BD template has great SM integration, email templates and member backend - you saved my client thousands of dollars in development fees. If my client takes advantage of your lead generation system - there is no excuse for not having a successful directory. You have supplied all anyone needs for a strong launch.

That you don't have a lot info for a developer yet is probably the only thing that was frustrating. It would be nice to see visually what all those widgets are in the backend, but I know that will come in the future.

Finally, at some point, Alex said to me, 'Welcome to the BD family' on Skype. It really meant something to me, I actually felt it, and after days of working with you all I realized just how much of a family you all are, how you all respect each other and work so closely and with so much care. That 'Welcome to the BD family' wasn't just a typical business welcome. It was a real thing. I would love to work with you all again. And for sure, I will be recommending BD to other developers

Mainul
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Brilliant Directory is a dream product for directory solution

Reviewed on 9/20/2019

I find them very professional in service. Great training materials and documentation.

Pros

The best part of Brilliant Directory is it complete integrated solution looking at almost all aspects needed by the business group, associations or community. Starting from membership to classified, real estate, product catalog almost everything is there to serve a business group or community.

Before coming to BD, I have tried many other solution which solves on pieces of the puzzle but does not offer all in one composite platform. Additional features or services integrated in the system, offers extra marketable strength for the client if one looks from the business point of view.

From service point of view, i have got answers or solutions within 24hrs in most cases. Did not experience any bugs so far. VIP addons are really powerful and end users never said no when i explained the features to them. Representative always goes extra miles to keep the customer happy and earns our undoubted loyalty.

Cons

Initially price seemed to be on the higher side comparing other solutions in the market. But once started using it and exploring the features, it was worth investing. If one is really intending to be in the business for long time, life price will start making sense.

Post moderation feature could have been an integral part from the beginning, but now it is there.

Andres

Brilliant minds think alike

Reviewed on 3/25/2021

Pros

There are step by step instructions that make no sense and then there is the simplicity and clarity that the folks at Brilliant Directories bring to the table. I’ve now invested in a second Brilliant Directories directory because I know that if I can’t figure something out on my own even after reading their posts, searching their databases, asking the community and watching their awesome videos, that a highly qualified Brilliant Directories support person will be there for me, patiently helping me and making sure all is resolved in a satisfactory manner. The Brilliant Directories software and the Brilliant Directories team, for example [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is awesome and the Solution Center team members are all nothing short of BRILLIANT!

Cons

My biggest challenge has been finding the time and patience to truly get to know and thoroughly understand how large and vast the BD solution really is, how much customization and optimization is possible and how much awesome potential this brilliant solution. really truly offers.

Jason

• Customer Support Software

Brilliant Directories is the Gem that entrepreneurs, publishers, and startups have been...

Reviewed on 6/8/2016

Being a publisher and site designer for the last 7 years, I have used many builders, and platforms to produce new publishing concept ideas. Each one of these also had their drawbacks; lack of quality, huge learning curves, manually coding issues, etc. I knew the features I was looking for , but was always unable to find them all together for that perfect setup I needed. After years of building far from perfect material, I finally ran into the website for Brilliant Directories. After reading what they offered, and seeing the quality of sites their system can produce, I was very interested, and knew I had to take the chance.

I signed up immediately, and right away I got the tools I needed to open my account. I was also introduced to their customer service representatives, which are really great people, and very helpful. Once I began working and developing in the brilliant directories software, I was literally able to design and launch that perfect site that I've been trying to build for last 7 years in about 2 days. Their software is so efficient, and easy to understand, but also has much depth with its options. Mostly, it provides the tools needed for a quality page rank, which is crucial for growing new visitors. The next day, I immediately bought a full site license, with no second thought. The license is an investment in my business, and being able to produce such quality sites myself is absolutely invaluable. It is a very exciting thing for any business owner to realize they now have the tools to build out all their unfinished greatest ideas, along with new ones to come. A very rewarding feeling for sure.

I have not encountered any cons with brilliant directories, and I can say that I'm very fortunate to work with such smart talented people, with whom I have developed good relations. Brilliant Directories is the best website development program I have encountered, Their customer service and help departments are professional. There is nothing in my way now to achieving the success I have been working towards.

Sam

Super Clean Interface and Design

Reviewed on 12/30/2016

We have developed a few projects for clients in the directory business, with a lot of hard coding and various WP plugins, but can tedious to piecemeal things, and clients want easy, simple tools to use, and it has to look really nice aesthetically. BD has done a great job with their overall look and feel of the system. We still need to dig into it more and see how well it performs in Google, etc. but this is a great out of the box system coming from the eyes of developers. We are curious about the bandwidth issues we have read about, but we will put it to test. If anyone wants to try their hand at a small business with not a lot of cash outflow at first, this is a great way to test the idea. Keep up the nice work BD.

Pros

Clean interface right out of the box.

Cons

So far things look good. We would like BD to maybe include a little more documentation or video for those folks that might want to keep their domain hosted on their own hosting provider, keep their own webmail accounts, etc. yet still be able to utilize the BD email template system. A lot of businesses might want to keep their own webmail system going on their current hosting provider.

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hey Sam. Amazing feedback - thanks so much! Regarding your concerns about domains and email management, being a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, we do need to host your website on our servers (which is 100% free). However, if you want to maintain a hosting account with the company that you bought your domain from (e.g., GoDaddy, Network Solutions, etc), you can certainly do so to continue to use their services to manage your webmail accounts. Hope that helps and thanks again!

R

• Customer Support Software

Brilliant Directories is brilliant!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016

I've been helping a budding entrepreneur consider launching an online business. She wanted to launch an online local directory of her hometown with the purpose to improve both online to offline opportunities for local businesses and the community. The only problem was she has no technical background.

I recommended Brilliant Directories to her because offers a simple turn-key website solution with unlimited possibilities without the need for any technical experience. They give you the confidence to focus on managing operations by saving tremendous time to launch any website directory concept. Discover other website themes they offer such as; classifieds, job board, e-commerce site, blogging, etc.

We experimented with the 14 day free trial and it was clear that Brilliant Directories out of the box was better then anything else (sorry wordpress I still love u for blogging). Along with the amazing directory component it offers an internal email system and a lead generation/management component for further monetization options. During the 14 days we had time to determine that Brilliant Directories was the best option to run an online directory instead of using a premium wordpress directory theme or plugins, etc.

Along the way we experienced amazing support and customer service via their online solution center, forum or directly via email. We also enjoyed the explainer videos on the Brilliant Directories YouTube channel by Patrick and other trainers. A few times I required some advanced technical support and Brilliant Directories team came through with immediate response offering suggestions and options.

We look forward to rolling out our new Brilliant Directories website and other future concept websites. Thanks to the entire Brilliant Directories staff including special thanks to Kelvin & Dennis for timely support and professionalism. We highly recommend Brilliant Directories to anyone interested in operating an online website. Cheers.

Ester

Very impressed so far!

Reviewed on 9/28/2018

So far I'm very happy with BD. I'm relatively new to the platform, but have had my business and website under various other platforms for 10 years! BD is BY FAR more affordable, more mobile-friendly AND more functional than any other platform I've used in the past.

I also like that BD seems genuinely interested in helping their clients grow, and provide marketing webinars and a marketing group on Facebook, so BD staff and website owners can help each other.

The only negative is that BD does not offer phone or chat support. The email tech team is prompt, but sometimes it can take several hours (or even a day or two), for something that would have taken 5 minutes over phone or chat.

Pros

The platform offers a ton of features and functionality, and though there is definitely a learning curve, a non-techie can set it up and get it running in just a few hours. It's easy to customize colors, fonts, branding, text labels, etc., and make the site look nice quickly. I also like that the platform is very mobile friendly!

Cons

My biggest issue is that it can get expensive to customize beyond the regular features, unless you are a developer and know what you're doing. But having said that, most other platforms don't even offer the option to customize as much. So it's not necessarily a negative. Just frustrating knowing that something IS possible but costly, rather than knowing that something is not possible.

Sandra

• Customer Support Software

The most comprehensive hosted membership software on the market.

Reviewed on 9/28/2021

Overall, it is an amazing system. BD is constantly improving and developing, and I am thrilled to be a part of it.

Pros

BD has been around for so long that you automatically receive so much value from all the features they have already built into their system. They have created a sustainable business over many years, making me much more comfortable investing my time and money in developing my membership business on their platform.

Cons

It can be time-consuming to get your ideas and concerns elevated to a level where they can be addressed. For example, while many customer service agents are the best in the business (truly, the best), others are clearly not reading or comprehending your messages. After tons of back and forth, you will be asked to start over again and take your idea, suggestion, or problem to a separate forum. There must be a way for a support ticket to automatically be turned into a feature request without all of the redundancy that currently exists. I believe that some of their most valuable feedback is lost, buried in support tickets that are never resolved.

Karley

BD Ticks All The Boxes

Reviewed on 7/31/2021

My business model (my current business goal) is one to many mentorship within a private club membership.

My long term goal is to have a business directory.

I always thought of these two business models as separate entities. When I discovered BD, via appsumo, it dawned on me that I can combine the two business entities . This is a brilliant realisation because I can now cross-sell my private club membership to lower tier members in the directory. This means, I only have to through a big chunk of my change at one FB Ads campaign advertising the directory and not waste money advertising my private club membership.

Pros

The easy to use interface.

(I also love the on boarding sequence by the team at BD. They make you feel like you’re one of the special people as they deliver, in logical sequence, the steps to get started and where to go to learn more).

Cons

No cons yet.
I feel comfortable with my decision to use BD to create the best membership site and business directory in Australia.
I am confident that when I discover a con, the team at BD will do their best to engineer the right solution for me.

Karen

• Customer Support Software

surprised at how easy the setup took

Reviewed on 5/18/2018

Pros

Great designs. LOTS of features built in - very surprised at this. Any time I email in, there seems to be a setting or option for just about anything. The videos helped me starting out. It took about an hour to go through them but glad I did. The main reason I chose this was because of the lead selling capabilities. I'm selling leads to my members and this platform does that best.

Cons

In my first few days I had to email support a lot with questions. But they were quick to respond. The price is a little high but after working with two other platforms... you get what you pay for. There is enough value to justify the price now that I know how it works.

Tony

• Customer Support Software

Very good, could be better

Reviewed on 12/23/2014

This is a very tough review as BD has a lot of tremendous positives going for it while at the same time there are some frustrating negatives. It's about a 90% thing.

1) Software itself - tremendous capability and functionality. Somewhat confusing and doesn't always work as laid out. A lot of the knowledge base is out dated and is for prior versions. If BD can fully deliver on all components, I would say it's amazing software.

2) Support & Coaching - Luana Villalobos who runs the Forum is outstanding and Patrick Brunelle does a great job along with Ernesto. The down side is they are very busy and there's no way to get instant access - chat, phone, etc. Sometimes as you're communicating through email or the forum it's frustrating if you have a follow up question and have to wait hours or a day for a second response. The coaching sessions are useful. And the support when you get it is great - they do fix everything.

3) Pricing - be careful - BD has a lot of deals and you have to really do your homework to get the best deal.

4) Sales- Dennis Tinerino does a great job of walking you through the software.

Overall, really good software with a few bugs. Biggest need is some type of quicker support system. I'd recommend them as long as you're not in a rush.

Response from Brilliant Directories

Tony,

We do appreciate your honest feedback very much. Thank you. This helps us improve our overall service.

Based on your review, we will take steps to better improve our support forums and knowledge base for easier navigation.

We're glad to hear that everything else is working out great for you, and we look forward to a great long-standing relationship with you.

Thank you again for your honest review. This constructive feedback helps everyone.

To your success,

Chris

Best Directory Software Out There

Reviewed on 11/23/2020

Pros

Easy to use. Hands off user management.

Cons

No cons for me. I have been satisfied for the most part from day #1