DeskTime

April
April

We LOVE Desktime with Basecamp

Reviewed on 2022-11-10

Pros

We use Desktime which seamlessly integrates with Basecamp our Project Management Software. This easily allows us to keep track of where our time is allocated and increase productivity. It is very easy for our team to use. I love the "screenshot" feature.

Cons

I do not like how all the team members can see all the projects.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Desktime is a friendly but powerful tool for tracking employees

Reviewed on 2022-11-08

Pros

I love how easy it is for employees to see their own hours and what they are doing at the time. It is very clear to managers to see what their employees have been doing and how productive they are.

Cons

No, I'm very satisfied about Desktime. I'm not sure how I would rate it bad except that Teams call isn't reported on there.

Roochira

Managers review

Reviewed on 2022-11-29

Pros

Very good with real time tracking. But can improve further to capture productive time more accuractely.

Cons

if i am on team call (via microsoft Teams or Zoom) and the other person on the call is talking and if i am just listening the time doesn't get tracked as productive time. This is a problem. So time is getting under recorded.

Response from Draugiem Group

Hi there, Roochira! Thank you for the review!

To help manage your timeline, you can integrate your Google or Outlook calendar into your DeskTime account. To do so, head over to the Integrations section and use the 'Activate' button on the respective calendar.

Once you integrate a calendar, DeskTime will take note of the events entered in the calendar. If you are not tracking time during the event, afterward, the event will be marked on your timeline as productive time and given the event's details as 'Calendar time'.

Here are our guidelines on how to integrate your calendar with DeskTime: https://desktime.com/faq/how-do-calendar-integrations-work

We love to receive our users' ideas on how to improve the app, so you are more than welcome to let us know on our Feature request page ➡ https://desktime.com/feature-requests

If there are any additional questions, you are more than welcome to reach out to us ➡ https://desktime.com/support

Have a productive day ahead!

Jeel

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for tracking employee productivity and managing time

Reviewed on 2023-01-13

Overall, Desktime is a valuable asset for any team looking to increase productivity and streamline time management.

Pros

The interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it easy for managers to monitor employee work hours and progress on projects. The app also has a variety of features, such as automatic screenshots and website/app tracking, that provide a detailed look into how employees are spending their time.

Cons

inaccuracies in tracking or difficulty with the website/app tracking feature. There is also no free version. It is a premium service.

Response from Draugiem Group

Hi there, Jeel!

Thank you so much for the review!

Actually, we have a Lite plan that is free of charge and meant for a single user. Here you can see all the available Pricing plans and their features in comparison ➡ https://desktime.com/pricing#comparison

Regarding the mentioned inaccuracies with the tracking, please reach out to our Support, and we will be glad to have an in-depth look into your account to see what could be the cause ➡ https://desktime.com/support

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Have a productive day ahead!

Natasha

DeskTime Review, Electric Boogalew

Reviewed on 2022-11-08

I'm very impressed by DeskTime. It does nearly all the things I enjoy with tracking my billed time, without me having to do much (except for reassigning what many other companies consider 'un-productive' sites, since I work in social media and Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, among others, are essential to my work day).

Pros

DeskTime is incredibly easy to use, with very little fanfare. It's simple to assign apps on their productivity and non-productive ones. I love especially that DeskTime even shows the time on what project I'm working on, and not just the name of the software.

Cons

I haven't used DeskTime for long, but I can't see anywhere I could write a note on the idle time I've had during my work day to jot down meetings, on-location assignments photo-/film-shoots etc.

Sahil

Critical Assessment Made Easy

Reviewed on 2022-08-18

The overall experience has been very good with the Desktime tool. It really helps to save a lot of time.

Pros

Time tracking - This is the most critical aspect of the tool. We use Desktime to pull the reports for time management. From time taken to complete any project to monitoring the efficiency and productivity of each and every employee. Helps to save a lot of time.

Cons

None as of now. most of the features are really helpful.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to DeskTime

Lack of effective time reporting and complexities involved
Rudy

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for helping remote-work employees stay productive.

Reviewed on 2022-12-06

Overall, DeskTime has been a very useful tool for us.

Overall, DeskTime has been a very useful tool for us.

Pros

I love the dashboard, both for admin use and for the employee view. There is much good information to see at a glance. The reports/exports are also very useful.

Cons

I would love to see a task management system (including daily/weekly recurring tasks) be implemented in DeskTime instead of having to use an external program.

• Industry: Entertainment

Time Tracking

Reviewed on 2021-07-16

Pros

Easy to track employee time is very nice.

Cons

I have my doubts about the security of this app - why do you need to record screens?

Response from Draugiem Group

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. While we do offer a screenshot feature it is completely optional - we advise employers to be transparent and always be mindful if and when using this feature. We also offer the option to capture screens only in case of suspicious activity, and for the images to be blurred. All privacy issues must to addressed by the employer upon the introduction of time tracking software. We also offer users a Private time feature that users can turn on - this way employees can take care of personal business while still on company time without being tracked. Hope this helps! The DeskTime team

Divyanshu
Divyanshu

Decent Employee Monitoring Tool

Reviewed on 2023-04-10

Overall, it is quite a decent tool that comes in budget and helps to monitor the employees and calculate their productivity in an efficient manner.

Pros

My organization has been using Desktime for almost a year now. It is a very effective tool that monitors all the employee activities and provides several options for the admin to control the task and activities that needs to be monitored.

Cons

One thing I dislike about Desktime would be its idle time detection. It sometimes shows you are idle even when you're using your system.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Ideal for Performance Tracking

Reviewed on 2018-05-10

Practical attendance and performance tracking application

Practical attendance and performance tracking application

Pros

DeskTime allows managers to keep track of their employees activities resultig in increased productivity. The timesheets and the reports are detailed to allow monitoring

Cons

Can often lead to micromanagement and loss of privacy by allowing monitoring of employees activities

Samantha
  • Industry: Utilities

Good, with a Few Issues

Reviewed on 2022-11-02

This software is good, if you feel the need to track employees. You can see what they are doing and when they are doing it.

Pros

Desktime is easy to use. It's easy to onboard new people, assign them to teams, and track usage. The dashboard is sleek, informative, and easy to read. I like that we're able to see at a glance what all team members are doing at any moment in time. The implementation for new hires is very quick, just a name, an email, and a team to assign them to is all that's necessary. I do like the reporting structure; I can see what sites someone is visiting and code them appropriately (productive, not productive, or neutral).

Cons

It is a pricy system. I haven't compared to other time tracking software, but for us (a company with 35 tracked employees), it's fairly expensive. There have been several issues lately with their reporting of proper time worked/productivity, which took awhile to resolve. Another major issue is that reporting is vast, but difficult to pull what you need. For instance, I have hybrid employees and it is a major hassle to extract the data based on remote or in-office days.

Mario
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

• Customer Support Software

Amazing, easy to deploy and good value for money

Reviewed on 2021-07-05

We're able to monitor and measure trends within our workforce. This allows us to deploy different tactics and improve time management.

Pros

The fact the product doesn't affect the computer's performance. We've installed in more than 200 computers, and all of them run smoothly.

Cons

The fact we're unable to have screenshots taken for the price we pay for.

TimeCamp and Time Doctor

Ease of use, price.
Viktor

Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction

Reviewed on 2017-01-09

A great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume.

That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features and their tracking, as the inability to track activity in one way, may avoid a need for DeskTime altogether.

Specifically, allowing the reporting to break down a users' actions within a given hour has disappeared from the transition of Desktime to New Desktime and this feature specifically allows us to gather insights.

All-in-all, Desktime is a very powerful tool for management and for reporting and team performance assessment, yet could take an extra step in defining some key features. More desktop alerts, stronger hour-reporting, and offline time mapping would all help in making Desktime the ultimate tool for time management.

Pros

-Great reporting for activities
-Administrative rights are defined correctly

Cons

-Lacking significant alerts
-Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day
-Full-screen applications override private-time notifications

Roger

Pretty Good Software

Reviewed on 2021-07-12

This software definitely helps improve our employees productivity, especially since they know they are being tracked. It also helps us make decisions on if a process needs to be changed or streamlined.

Pros

The Time Tracking is a big plus. We also really like the project feature.

Cons

I think that the integrations are great, but can be worked on. For example, with the Trello Integration, it does sync with DeskTime at a really good interval, however, if we delete or edit a task or project in Trello, it does not edit and/ or delete the task or project in DeskTime. Editing the times that employees log is a little cumbersome as an administrator. I should be able to edit or delete extra time that was logged incorrectly. Also we have had issues with projects being archived. If the amount of time between when a project has been logged could be extended, that would be great.

Response from Draugiem Group

Hi Roger! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Swen
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

DeskTime is a must have!

Reviewed on 2022-02-15

Time tracking and attendance monitoring have never been easier! DeskTime has been really useful regardless of working from the office or remotely.
It really improved our time management skills as with DeskTime's help it's very simple to check and evaluate where and how your time is being spent throughout the working day.

Pros

For me, It is crucial that the software that's being used by so many of our coworkers remain user-friendly and easily accessible for everyone. DeskTime absolutely delivers in that regard!

Cons

I'd say reports and reporting features could have been handled a bit better. I've found myself somewhat limited a couple of times when I was trying to generate some advanced reports but, that being said, you'll find no issue if you're not looking for something very complicated.

Shanna
  • Industry: Legal Services

Keep Track with DesktTime

Reviewed on 2021-03-29

Overall Desktime has been great for employees trying to manage themselves while working at home. It gives them the freedom to do what they want while holding them accountable for how their time is spent.

Pros

I love how Desktime measures in productivity. This shows us that even though employees may be on the clock, they may/may not be working exactly. Desktime allows us to define which programs and applications on the computer that when are use are deemed "productive," so as long as those apps are being used, the employees work will reflect productive. Unproductive apps (facebook, twitter, etc.) will count towards unproductive time used. This really gives a clear picture of how time is used.

Cons

I wish it had more editing features. Sometimes I may need to edit or add a block of private time, but I'm unable to do so. I also wish screen shots were clearer or could be zoomed in on.

Hsiang

I use Desktime everyday!

Reviewed on 2017-01-10

We're a small web design and development company here in Taiwan with about 10-15 person.

We use...

We use Desktime on our daily work to track the productivity of our colleagues, though it is not used as a key for employee's evaluation, but it is definitely a tool to help our company boost their attention, which also comes with a good healthy competition, and we will award the best employee of the month thru it.

There's a lot of Desktime we like which we don't usually see on other apps, those includes some automatic detection of the website if they're productive or not, we can also add projects for special tracking, we can also limit the users from their IPs incase they're abusing it at home, lol.

I think Desktime is actually lack of some marketing, it is a worthy competition to Rescue Time, you should give it a try! ;)

Pros

Some features such as project controls, site controls, groups, etc.

Cons

The price and app stability I guess

Elena
Elena

Couldn't live without it

Reviewed on 2021-08-10

I think I'm one of the early adopters and I've seen it evolve over the years. I always liked how they added new features and constantly improved the product.

It's very easy to use, intuitive, and it gives me everything I need from a time tracking app.

Pros

Love the fact that it captures everything I do on the computer. Even if I forget to track work on a certain project, I can always retrace my steps and assign the minutes/hours manually.

The productive/unproductive categorization is very beneficial to have a bird's-eye view of my activity.

I've used it in parallel with Toggl for a long time and Desktime was superior on so many levels.

Cons

I haven't yet found things I don't like about it.

Christopher
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best for employee monitoring

Reviewed on 2023-03-17

Overall great experience with DeskTime been using it for over 10+ years.

Overall great experience with DeskTime been using it for over 10+ years.

Pros

Employee monitoring and productivity tracking has always been a great tool especially during covid and the work from home era. The scheduling feature is also very user friendly.

Cons

Wish the scheduling was more built out, with text notifications for employees or a actual schedule app to be able to use for the everyday employee.

Alice

Easy attendance management

Reviewed on 2022-11-16

Pros

Easy to use whenever the employer is located in the world. All employees will be logged in Desktime when they work, and the employer has the authority to check on all employees, see their arrival, time of spending on different programs, and their absence daily, weekly, or even monthly.

Cons

That DeskTime tracks every single web or program and names it. Depending on the employees' work/responsibility, it is a necessity to check on programs that are even unproductive, even though it's not true. It affects productivity and effectiveness.

Leshan

• Customer Support Software

One of the best tracking system

Reviewed on 2021-07-05

Pros

Online tracking, silent client and reports

Cons

We haven't use the Projects option much.

Time Tracker
Juan
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

It's been very useful for us.

Reviewed on 2023-11-24

Pros

Desktime has been very useful in the management of work teams, their monitoring and time management, it is a very complete platform.

Cons

One of the things I'm not a fan of is that it takes a while to download the reports, many times the screenshots are lost for no apparent reason, but in general, it is a strong platform.

Gourav
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

• Customer Support Software

Happy to Use this tracking tool

Reviewed on 2023-04-05

Pros

The best part about DeskTime is its easy to deploy and easy to use and manage.

Cons

There is not any big issue in this tool.Over all its best to use.

Time Doctor
Obinna
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Seamless Time Tracking

Reviewed on 2022-10-31

Pros

The software's most useful component is the ability to track in real-time. That is the only tracking method that works.

Cons

The dashboard / analytics could be better

Sandeep
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Best time and production tracking software.

Reviewed on 2023-04-13

My company has 450 licenses purchased, which benefits our user's time and production tracking.

Pros

I most liked in Desktime is users time tracking

Cons

I least liked in desktime was shift scheduling