OptimoRoute Reviews

OptimoRoute

Get routes that just work

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Kam

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2019-09-06

Pros

The best part about this software is that it works. It does exactly what we need it to do, very happy with this tool.

Cons

Waiting on features like sms to client notification, and customer signatures.

Onfleet

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

Price, demo, customer service, prompt response

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Kam,
Thanks for leaving us this review - we appreciate the feedback. Glad to hear that OptimoRoute is a game-changing tool for your business. Just a little more waiting though, because we're working on SMS Realtime Order Tracking and signature capture - stay tuned!

Pablo
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

Worth more than the subscription price

Reviewed on 2019-02-07

I'm doing snow removal from a set of static locations. I am completely unfamiliar with all the streets and these locations. OptimoRoute is my wingman. It reduces my overall driving time, which translates to fuel and maintenance reduction costs.

Pros

I am a recently retired computer geek. I have done a lot of work solving problems for clients. In my retirement I decided, among other things, to drive a snow plow. :)

I was handed a textual description of my route and told to get started. With my background (Computer Science degree), I realized that optimizing the route is a typical 'Traveling Salesman' problem. It is *extremely* difficult to solve.

Before my retirement, one of the many things I would do is analyze software solutions for customers. I employed the same technique to find 'delivery route optimization' packages. I looked at many and found OptimoRoute to be 'best of class.'

o I can easily import a set of 'orders' (stops in my case).
o I can pre-assign the 'orders' to drivers and do it quickly.
o Based on my knowledge of the route, I can fine-tune the optimized route.
o The Android is map-agonistic. It uses my device's default mapping tool. In my case, due to lack of coverage and no data, I use Google Maps in Offline mode.
o Once a route is created, I do not have to re-gen it, I can copy it from day to day. This way a driver can memorize the route.
o The Support staff will actually call you to help you out. I don't think this is sustainable though. ;) Yet, this is pretty amazing.
o The pricing is extremely reasonable for a small (or even large) business.
o They're smart to push the optimization (which is seriously CPU intensive) to a server. As an engineer, this is an at-scale solution.

Cons

With any complicated software, there will always be room for improvement:

o The Online Help has some outdated examples, typos and is trailing the current feature-set. I don't think it's a big deal because they make it up with the stellar Support. But it will need to be addressed.
o The Android app should be enhanced so it can work in Nougat+ split-screen mode: Google Maps in one half of the screen / Android app in the other
o The text box when opening up a Support call does not resize - yeah, a minor issue but hey, if I'm picking on this minor issue, we know the software doesn't have major problems right???

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey Pablo! Love being your wingman! We so appreciate the feedback and we're super glad to hear your transition to professional snowplow driver that much easier!

Francesco

OptimiRoute not always optimum

Reviewed on 2020-11-17

Routes are typically longer than stated and not always optimized.

Routes are typically longer than stated and not always optimized.

Pros

The promise of the resolution of an ongoing logistics challenge .

Cons

The software regularly gives you optimized routes that go in circles rather than in a logical progression.
Moreover the estimated travel time between locations is significantly shorter on the app than the actual stated in the navigation app.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and thanks for letting us know about your concerns and issues.

We're very sorry to hear that you've had a subpar experience using our software. We'd love it if you'd give us a chance to make it better. If you've got a minute, you can write to us at [email protected] so we can work out which solutions are best suited for your company.

Hope that helps!

Monica
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Well-Designed Flexible Routing System that is a Joy to Use!

Reviewed on 2019-09-24

The OptimoRoute system is suitable for our small company and will easily expand with our business as we grow. We have been impressed by the system's flexibility with access to a mobile application. The customer service at initial setup was excellent and I haven't needed it since! I am also encouraged that new and valuable features have been added since we began using OptimoRoute, which reflects dedication to continuous improvement in the product.

Pros

Ease of use, specifically the ability to copy customer orders/routes as well as upload them using Excel.
Flexibility of routing settings, planning and desktop/mobile application display.
The accompanying mobile application is exceptionally stable and easy to use for our technicians.
Live service schedule with status.
Email notification of arrival feature will be useful for customer communication.

Cons

Wish List -
We need additional custom fields to be able to display multiple services within the mobile application (only 5, could use 10).
Mobile application does not capture actual start time when technician starts the day by logging in On Duty, which could assist in timekeeping and reduce the need for an additional service.
Must log in to send routes to the mobile application daily rather than being able to schedule to send weekly.
Currently there is no customer signature capture through the mobile application.
Would like to see analytics reports with more detail/display choices instead of basic bar graphs and be able to export all reports.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Monica,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your OptimoRoute experience! We're glad that you've found a lot to love about our route optimization software. In particular, it's great that you feel you've found a planning solution that will grow with your company.
We want to ensure you're getting the most out of OptimoRoute. Please contact our support team at [email protected] and we'll go over solutions to the issues you've experienced.
And - we're working on signature capture, it's almost here!

Dan

• Customer Support Software

Valuable asset for my company

Reviewed on 2019-09-08

We are a service company and use OptimoRoute on a daily basis to plan and execute runs for our service vehicles. Benefits we have gained are: Enhanced visibility and more accurate planning of daily runs. Ability to provide more accurate ETAs and more easily plan jobs with specific time window requirements. Cost savings from more efficient runs.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to set up for use with out existing software, the route planning is very reliable - cost savings from efficient route mapping, Reliable - have had no interruptions to use or crashes, support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Software update notifications - I can't recall seeing any emails or notifications within the software to advise the user when there have been new features or improvements made to the software. I've noticed some changes such as the option to send routes at a specific time instead of straight away. It would be good to be given a list of patch/update changes to see if there is something new available that might be useful.

Response from OptimoRoute

G'day Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your company's experience with OptimoRoute. Fantastic to read about the savings and efficiency gains that our route optimization is giving you!
We're working on adding notifications within our software. In the meantime - keep an eye out for our emails and social media updates, where we tell our customers about new features.

Best, Pete

Ann
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

• Customer Support Software

Great choice for growing companies

Reviewed on 2019-09-20

We have very busy scheduled and demanding customers. Using routing software has made the job a lot easier and saves us hours of time each week since we no longer live in spreadsheets.

Pros

OptimoRoute is really easy to get started on. The interface makes sense and people on our team were able to figure it out and begin using it very quickly. It has really streamlined our processes and allows us to make changes to our busy routes on the fly. For the cost, it includes a multitude of constraints and optimization/planning tools. It's great that it's able to distribute orders based on truck size and driver skills.

Since the monthly payment is based on the amount of drivers, the software will grow with us and that's exactly what we needed.

Cons

There are a few features that are missing that I hope will be added soon. There is no easy way to set up customer notifications that we've been able to find, though customer notifications are listed as a feature.

Adding the ability for drivers to add a note along with their order status update would be indispensable.

The ability to save multiple depots and create one-way routes between them would make the software more usable for companies like ours who are growing extremely rapidly and have multiple locations.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Ann,
Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions of OptimoRoute. We're glad that you've recognized us as a route optimization tool that will grow with your business, because that's exactly the kind of software we aim to be!

Please drop us a line at [email protected], we'll be happy to go over the issues you've come across and we'll find a way to improve your experience.

Claude

Daily Route Planning

Reviewed on 2020-10-22

My general comment here is we are very happy with the product, the learning curve has been a little difficult for me personally but Optimo has been there EVERYTIME I needed help and that SPEAKS FOR ITSELF in my opinion.

Pros

EXCELLENT Support! We have some very specific needs for Route Planning (DAILY/WEEKLY) Optimo has handled our needs with some tweaking by their excellent support! We are satisfied with it performance and Driver's ease of use.

Cons

Learning Curve has been a little difficult but the support for it has been excellent even over the weekends! So I can't say enough about how impressed I am with that aspect of their product, even through the Covid crisis the support has been there for us.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks for your feedback - small businesses rock! It's a pleasure helping customers make OptimoRoute work for them in the best possible way. We're here for you!

Coby
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Amazing software!

Reviewed on 2020-10-22

We service individual trash cans that are clustered in specific neighborhoods. I can get the lat/long off of Google Maps one time and enter them in an Xcel spreadsheet and then just import everything into Optimoroute and let it figure out the fastest routing instantly among multiple employees who have different scheduling constraints. The app doesn't slow my people down and It handles stops that are very close together. My stops don't have a specific address usually so the lat/long feature really helps. I already have GPS tracking in my truck, but if I did not I would use the live map feature as well because it works really well.

Pros

This software has solved my routing problems and greatly increased employee productivity. It's very easy to set up the routes and transmit them to employees on a daily basis. The app works great and is very fast and easy to use. The price of the software is reasonable and pays for itself with the increases in productivity. It has made my job so much easier.

Cons

We sometimes start and stop from different locations and I would like to see it easier to set start/stop points for commonly used locations. I would like to see some ability for the driver to make stop specific notes when necessary. I would also like to see the route timing schedule adjust to when the driver specifically starts their route so they know if they are on time. If they have to start a little early or a little late then the scheduled times are not as useful.

Matt
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great Routing Software

Reviewed on 2019-09-20

The customer service has been great. We initially had an issue that we needed solved with same side of street service an no u-turns. OptimoRoute was able to add this functionality pretty quickly so that we could see it in action before making a full buying decision.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. It has the ability to scale with the size of your organization. We were drawn to it because of the ability to assign "skills" to drivers. This allowed up to split up our fleet according to their specialty.

Cons

The price. It is on the higher end of routing software that we looked at, but with the included features and excellent customer service, it has worked out well for us.

RouteSavvy

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

CompassLogistics was on its way to not being supported anymore.

Features and customer service

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your review - we appreciate the feedback!
It's great to hear that OptimoRoute is helping manage your fleet's constraints. Most customers see ROI within weeks or sometimes days of use - so we're glad you're experiencing the value that our route optimization software brings. We're proud of our features that suit a diverse range of workflows. Stay tuned for new features, because we're continuously working on giving our customers the best product possible.

Best, Cathy

Joe
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Saves us many hours of route plotting

Reviewed on 2023-02-17

Support has been good. Being able to purchase 1 month only per year and keep all settings from year to year is essential to the product being affordable for our usage.

Pros

We started using this product about 6 years ago to replace home grown javascript + route planning solution + manually loaded GPS's. The quick import, plotting, and route distribution saved us many hours of work to plan pickup routes for up to 6 trucks and up to 450 stops per Saturday for 3 Saturdays each January for a charity fundraiser. Tracking trucks and being able to change routes on the fly are big benefits also.

Cons

I'd like "avoid U Turns" and "avoid crossing street" to be separate routing constraints. We do a lot of side street pickups and crossing the street is no problem, but U-Turns in 16' trucks are difficult.I'd like the time per stop to be able to be seconds and tenths vs whole seconds.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Joe, thank you for being our customer for 6 years! We're so happy to see that you were able to replace a homegrown solution with OptimoRoute and that our support team has been good. We created OptimoRoute to help organizations like yours save on planning time and help them adjust to changes that can happen unexpectedly. We appreciate your insights into separating the routing constraints and time per stop as well.

Rutger
  • Industry: Dairy

In control

Reviewed on 2023-02-17

Very happy. Critical application for our business

Very happy. Critical application for our business

Pros

Customer satisfaction & Employee satisfactionOur customers are well informed about when they woll receive their purchases. They can adapt in advance. Our drivers have all customer information at their finger tips. To ensure a speedy delivery.

Cons

We are very seasonal. A lot of work around Easter en Christmas. Less during the year. During the busy times we may need 2 or 3 drivers. But we only have a license for 1. That makes it difficult to operation efficiently. We don’t want a 2nd license for just a few weeks of work.

Response from OptimoRoute

We're really glad to hear that your customers are happy with their real-time updates, and that your employees have important customer information handy so they can adapt to any changes. We work with a lot of businesses that are seasonal, and a hallmark of our product is that we have flexibility (including monthly billing and upgrades) to help businesses scale up during crunch seasons. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can help you with your billing plan. Thanks, Rutger!

Christopher
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Plenty of features, some functions not as straight forward as I would like

Reviewed on 2020-10-22

I appreciate the Live feature and routes. It's not as good at predicting the route as other programs I have used in the past but it's not bad.

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to import my locations and custom fields into the web app.

Cons

Making changes to a plan already dispatched and replotting a new route based on those modifications don't seem straight forward. Also, some functions require repeated actions when it would be nice to consolidate. Example, If you select 4 locations and try to edit them all, if you unselect them from the edit screen, you can't do anything else. You have to go back to the edit screen after unselecting them from the route and then put them on another driver.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

Cost and features.

Cost and features.
Sobe

• Customer Support Software

Must have product for any startup who delivers product

Reviewed on 2020-10-22

Extremely satisfied with the price value of the product. This is a must-have for any serious startup that doest their own product delivery as well. You can manage costs more effectively and set up your own delivery team as well in your home city and area.

Pros

Easy to use and set up and very easy to use. The driver end is extremely easy to use. Instantaneous feedback on driver position and delivery status. Importing orders are easy. Scalability is great so you can manage cost as well effectively.

Cons

More support videos needed. Would be good to have more consistent product updates with new features. Similar street names sometimes put to wrong zip codes, and cities.

Melanie

Makes Life Easier!!!

Reviewed on 2020-10-22

I love it...at the beginning of the pandemic, we had to pivot our operations to a delivery style food program. In the beginning, we were messing around with try to use Google and route our own journeys. There were so many reasons why this wasn't effective. I started looking for a better option- started with the free trial and was sold by the time it that ran out. Now we use it for all of our deliveries.

Pros

I loved that I could import the data for my deliveries directly from my website. It takes 2 steps- All you have to do is download the file from the website and then upload the file to OptimoRoute! The program then optimizes everything while allowing you to make customizations easily.

Cons

It has had a few glitches when I try to readjust routes that are in progress and drivers on the road lost their routes and had to work off of the manual sheet we print (from the program) which is handy to have for many reasons. That's only happened once... I don't' know why...most of the time it is very user-friendly.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks for your review. And congratulations on your successful pivot - we're glad OptimoRoute helped make it happen! Our customer support team is there to help whenever questions pop up, just drop us a line at [email protected]

Justice
  • Industry: Wholesale

We love it!

Reviewed on 2022-12-23

Pros

Ease of use and the API was very easy to integrate into our software.

Cons

I believe the API has more features than the web dashboard does, I wish they would implement these. (Clustering Factor)

WorkWave Route Manager

Response from OptimoRoute

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you're using our API successfully. We have a team of implementation consultants here at OptimoRoute that would be happy to work with you to make your experience with our API better. Feel free to reach out to [email protected], and we'll get you set up for a consultation.

Jerry
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

For those who needs it, it definitely works

Reviewed on 2018-12-21

The software works, although it is quite expensive for small business like us, we really hope that there are pricing plan for small business like us who has lower volume shipment but needs multiple drivers.

Pros

Able to automatically route multiple drivers, persistent software updates, when it comes to questions, the support team does get back to us fairly quickly.

Cons

There are some small glitches, for example, our "depot" was always printed out as "New York, NY", although these can be fixed by contacting the support team, it was a bit annoying. But regarding the "Route Balancing" function, it is a weird one as sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks Jerry, we value your comments! So glad we've helped your team be more efficient and you like our speedy support. Every day we're working to improve results and make usage more intuitive. Keep an eye out for further updates!

Mel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The Best App I’ve found in a loooong time

Reviewed on 2023-02-28

Brilliant customer service. Had a video call to Learn how to use the app for my business. Very easy to use and great communication from the developer.

Pros

I used to spend hours typing every address each night and now with OptimoRoute it’s just the click of a button letting me get to bed earlier and saving me hours of work. I upload my addresses, sort them and export them - soo easy

Cons

I’d like my driver to be able to re-sort and optimise when out on the road. Hopefully this will be a feature coming soon

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Mel - thanks for the awesome review, we really appreciate you taking the time! Awesome to hear that you've been loving our platform and that it helped you save precious hours of your day.

We just recently launched a new feature called Drag and Drop which gives the dispatcher the ability to change the order of routes. That way, if your driver needs to change his orders list he can do it by reaching out to the dispatcher.

If you have any additional questions about this, someone from our team would be more than happy to help out! Feel free to reach out to [email protected].

Julian

• Customer Support Software

Better than others we have trialled

Reviewed on 2023-03-06

Pros

Fairly way to use. Live tracking. Route planning works well.

Cons

Can’t cancel a delivery mid-route. Expensive to send sms to customers. Not always intuitive.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Julian - thanks for the review! Glad to hear planning your routes with us was a positive experience and that you are liking our Realtime Order Tracking feature.

As for canceling mid-delivery, we currently have a feature in beta that has the ability to cancel services and appointments mid-route. However, this does not apply to physical deliveries. This is because the software needs to account for the remaining capacity in the vehicle in the event that new orders need to be planned with that driver after being sent out.

If you have any other questions and to optimize your experience further, you can always reach out to our support team and have them look at your workflow to make sure you are getting the best out of the platform. Just drop us a line at [email protected] and we'll be in touch with you pronto.

Joseph
  • Industry: Legal Services

Optimoroute

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

Optimoroute performs the role of allocating 50-150 destinations for a driver in a day in a simple and easy way for the person allocating the route and then sending to the driver.

Pros

Program is direct and does not include unnecessary functions for our use. Able to calculate the route at a high speed.

Cons

Would love that when you send an email of the route to the driver it would attach a picture/graphic of the route that is to be driven. So they can refer back to the email just to see a snapshot of the following stops.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks, Joseph! Have you checked out our mobile app? It works similarly to email (though direct to the drivers phone) and gives them a complete map overview. At any point during their route, they can refer to that map to see what direction they are going, which orders are done, and which are left.

Brianna
  • Industry: Automotive

Scheduling is a breeze

Reviewed on 2020-10-30

We are solving our communication with customers and the real time of arrival versus best guesses. We are also able to monitor our drivers more closely and know if they are deviating from our planned day. Additionally, we used to overbook and now we can avoid that by seeing how long the routes are and if what we need done is even possible within the time frame given.

Pros

We love that it puts all our pick up and deliveries in the correct order and gives us times. The BEST feature though is the real time tracking! I can call our customers and give them up to date times throughout the day if we hit traffic or or ahead of schedule. It has completely changed the way we communicate with our drivers and our customers. It also helps us form the dreaded "over-scheduling".

Cons

It is not able to differentiate between the fact that our truck has to be empty of our deliveries before we can pick up but that is I think unique to our business. If not, that would be a great software upgrade!

Regan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Basic Software

Reviewed on 2020-10-22

Good basic product et themselves down with support - could be amazing if done right

Pros

Price and the range of features matched my needs

Cons

user interface, a lot of things are not intuitive and could be done a lot better
Biggest issue is I had a huge surprise bill with texting, tried to get help from support and only got one reply and then after that no one replied to messages, the bill was way more than it should have been and it never got resolved (due to no response). My business I growing massively and I am actively searching for alternatives all due to lack of support when needed

ERICA

• Customer Support Software

Wonderful Product and Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019-09-12

Wonderful! Very easy to use and track drivers!

Wonderful! Very easy to use and track drivers!

Pros

easy to use for drivers. easy to add stops last minute and reroute!

Cons

when marking as failed, should have a choice of reasons or somewhere to type as to why delivery failed.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Erica,
We appreciate the feedback that you've left for OptimoRoute - thanks! Nice to see that you're finding our route optimization software easy to use and that you're getting the most out of its dynamic planning capabilities.

Rest assured that the delivery feature you'd love to see is currently in development - stay tuned!

Glenn

The best route planning software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2019-03-12

I am able to quickly and efficiently route dozens of work locations for the day. I can specify a time window for individual stops if I want to. I can start and stop at the same location, different locations, whatever I need to do. I spend far less time route planning now than before I used Optimoroute.

Pros

Learning curve is very short. I simply import my list of stops for the day and the software does the rest.

Cons

So far the only problems I have encountered were of my own making.

Response from OptimoRoute

This is great news Glenn! We hope less time working means more time playing!! :D

Katie

• Customer Support Software

OptimoRoute has changed our business for the better!

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

Amazing

Amazing

Pros

They are always willing to change up software when our business is in need of something.

Cons

For a while, we could not do straight line routes, but they fixed it!!

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks Katie! We're all about bigger, better, faster, so it's great to hear we've helped you and your business with our improvements. Hooray!

wittney
  • Industry: Warehousing

Optiimo

Reviewed on 2019-03-12

Pros

It allows us as a company to use it to delivery product around the metro area. It is easy to use and reliable

Cons

That I can not add stores without deleting all store and re adding them. I don't like that the store do not have access to track the truck or that we cant change the times without having to resend the route to the driver

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Wittney. We're glad to hear that we have been such a reliable tool for your deliveries. Our new Customer notification feature now allows you to send an email to each store so they can track their deliveries, including real-time update ETA's. Contact us at [email protected] for help setting this up.