OptimoRoute

Get routes that just work

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

• Industry: Textiles

OptimoRoute allows you to start optimizing from day 1

Reviewed on 12/8/2018

We have tried several others, but Optimo has the easiest UI and it is quick to customize for your data.

Pros

The software has consistently improved with beta tested results and excellent customer service.

Cons

Changing costs with preferred feature introductions.

Response from OptimoRoute

Great to hear! We always aim to provide features that better serve our customers, while still staying budget-friendly. Here's hoping your improved efficiencies and route management make the monthly price, for all your desired features, a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Pablo
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

Worth more than the subscription price

Reviewed on 2/7/2019

I'm doing snow removal from a set of static locations. I am completely unfamiliar with all the streets and these locations. OptimoRoute is my wingman. It reduces my overall driving time, which translates to fuel and maintenance reduction costs.

Pros

I am a recently retired computer geek. I have done a lot of work solving problems for clients. In my retirement I decided, among other things, to drive a snow plow. :)

I was handed a textual description of my route and told to get started. With my background (Computer Science degree), I realized that optimizing the route is a typical 'Traveling Salesman' problem. It is *extremely* difficult to solve.

Before my retirement, one of the many things I would do is analyze software solutions for customers. I employed the same technique to find 'delivery route optimization' packages. I looked at many and found OptimoRoute to be 'best of class.'

o I can easily import a set of 'orders' (stops in my case).
o I can pre-assign the 'orders' to drivers and do it quickly.
o Based on my knowledge of the route, I can fine-tune the optimized route.
o The Android is map-agonistic. It uses my device's default mapping tool. In my case, due to lack of coverage and no data, I use Google Maps in Offline mode.
o Once a route is created, I do not have to re-gen it, I can copy it from day to day. This way a driver can memorize the route.
o The Support staff will actually call you to help you out. I don't think this is sustainable though. ;) Yet, this is pretty amazing.
o The pricing is extremely reasonable for a small (or even large) business.
o They're smart to push the optimization (which is seriously CPU intensive) to a server. As an engineer, this is an at-scale solution.

Cons

With any complicated software, there will always be room for improvement:

o The Online Help has some outdated examples, typos and is trailing the current feature-set. I don't think it's a big deal because they make it up with the stellar Support. But it will need to be addressed.
o The Android app should be enhanced so it can work in Nougat+ split-screen mode: Google Maps in one half of the screen / Android app in the other
o The text box when opening up a Support call does not resize - yeah, a minor issue but hey, if I'm picking on this minor issue, we know the software doesn't have major problems right???

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey Pablo! Love being your wingman! We so appreciate the feedback and we're super glad to hear your transition to professional snowplow driver that much easier!

Francesco

OptimiRoute not always optimum

Reviewed on 11/17/2020

Routes are typically longer than stated and not always optimized.

Pros

The promise of the resolution of an ongoing logistics challenge .

Cons

The software regularly gives you optimized routes that go in circles rather than in a logical progression.
Moreover the estimated travel time between locations is significantly shorter on the app than the actual stated in the navigation app.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and thanks for letting us know about your concerns and issues.

We're very sorry to hear that you've had a subpar experience using our software. We'd love it if you'd give us a chance to make it better. If you've got a minute, you can write to us at [email protected] so we can work out which solutions are best suited for your company.

Hope that helps!

Monica
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Well-Designed Flexible Routing System that is a Joy to Use!

Reviewed on 9/24/2019

The OptimoRoute system is suitable for our small company and will easily expand with our business as we grow. We have been impressed by the system's flexibility with access to a mobile application. The customer service at initial setup was excellent and I haven't needed it since! I am also encouraged that new and valuable features have been added since we began using OptimoRoute, which reflects dedication to continuous improvement in the product.

Pros

Ease of use, specifically the ability to copy customer orders/routes as well as upload them using Excel.
Flexibility of routing settings, planning and desktop/mobile application display.
The accompanying mobile application is exceptionally stable and easy to use for our technicians.
Live service schedule with status.
Email notification of arrival feature will be useful for customer communication.

Cons

Wish List -
We need additional custom fields to be able to display multiple services within the mobile application (only 5, could use 10).
Mobile application does not capture actual start time when technician starts the day by logging in On Duty, which could assist in timekeeping and reduce the need for an additional service.
Must log in to send routes to the mobile application daily rather than being able to schedule to send weekly.
Currently there is no customer signature capture through the mobile application.
Would like to see analytics reports with more detail/display choices instead of basic bar graphs and be able to export all reports.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Monica,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your OptimoRoute experience! We're glad that you've found a lot to love about our route optimization software. In particular, it's great that you feel you've found a planning solution that will grow with your company.
We want to ensure you're getting the most out of OptimoRoute. Please contact our support team at [email protected] and we'll go over solutions to the issues you've experienced.
And - we're working on signature capture, it's almost here!

Dan

• Customer Support Software

Valuable asset for my company

Reviewed on 9/8/2019

We are a service company and use OptimoRoute on a daily basis to plan and execute runs for our service vehicles. Benefits we have gained are: Enhanced visibility and more accurate planning of daily runs. Ability to provide more accurate ETAs and more easily plan jobs with specific time window requirements. Cost savings from more efficient runs.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to set up for use with out existing software, the route planning is very reliable - cost savings from efficient route mapping, Reliable - have had no interruptions to use or crashes, support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Software update notifications - I can't recall seeing any emails or notifications within the software to advise the user when there have been new features or improvements made to the software. I've noticed some changes such as the option to send routes at a specific time instead of straight away. It would be good to be given a list of patch/update changes to see if there is something new available that might be useful.

Response from OptimoRoute

G'day Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your company's experience with OptimoRoute. Fantastic to read about the savings and efficiency gains that our route optimization is giving you!
We're working on adding notifications within our software. In the meantime - keep an eye out for our emails and social media updates, where we tell our customers about new features.

Best, Pete

Ann
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

• Customer Support Software

Great choice for growing companies

Reviewed on 9/20/2019

We have very busy scheduled and demanding customers. Using routing software has made the job a lot easier and saves us hours of time each week since we no longer live in spreadsheets.

Pros

OptimoRoute is really easy to get started on. The interface makes sense and people on our team were able to figure it out and begin using it very quickly. It has really streamlined our processes and allows us to make changes to our busy routes on the fly. For the cost, it includes a multitude of constraints and optimization/planning tools. It's great that it's able to distribute orders based on truck size and driver skills.

Since the monthly payment is based on the amount of drivers, the software will grow with us and that's exactly what we needed.

Cons

There are a few features that are missing that I hope will be added soon. There is no easy way to set up customer notifications that we've been able to find, though customer notifications are listed as a feature.

Adding the ability for drivers to add a note along with their order status update would be indispensable.

The ability to save multiple depots and create one-way routes between them would make the software more usable for companies like ours who are growing extremely rapidly and have multiple locations.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Ann,
Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions of OptimoRoute. We're glad that you've recognized us as a route optimization tool that will grow with your business, because that's exactly the kind of software we aim to be!

Please drop us a line at [email protected], we'll be happy to go over the issues you've come across and we'll find a way to improve your experience.

Claude

Daily Route Planning

Reviewed on 10/22/2020

My general comment here is we are very happy with the product, the learning curve has been a little difficult for me personally but Optimo has been there EVERYTIME I needed help and that SPEAKS FOR ITSELF in my opinion.

Pros

EXCELLENT Support! We have some very specific needs for Route Planning (DAILY/WEEKLY) Optimo has handled our needs with some tweaking by their excellent support! We are satisfied with it performance and Driver's ease of use.

Cons

Learning Curve has been a little difficult but the support for it has been excellent even over the weekends! So I can't say enough about how impressed I am with that aspect of their product, even through the Covid crisis the support has been there for us.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks for your feedback - small businesses rock! It's a pleasure helping customers make OptimoRoute work for them in the best possible way. We're here for you!

Coby
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Amazing software!

Reviewed on 10/22/2020

We service individual trash cans that are clustered in specific neighborhoods. I can get the lat/long off of Google Maps one time and enter them in an Xcel spreadsheet and then just import everything into Optimoroute and let it figure out the fastest routing instantly among multiple employees who have different scheduling constraints. The app doesn't slow my people down and It handles stops that are very close together. My stops don't have a specific address usually so the lat/long feature really helps. I already have GPS tracking in my truck, but if I did not I would use the live map feature as well because it works really well.

Pros

This software has solved my routing problems and greatly increased employee productivity. It's very easy to set up the routes and transmit them to employees on a daily basis. The app works great and is very fast and easy to use. The price of the software is reasonable and pays for itself with the increases in productivity. It has made my job so much easier.

Cons

We sometimes start and stop from different locations and I would like to see it easier to set start/stop points for commonly used locations. I would like to see some ability for the driver to make stop specific notes when necessary. I would also like to see the route timing schedule adjust to when the driver specifically starts their route so they know if they are on time. If they have to start a little early or a little late then the scheduled times are not as useful.

Matt
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Routing Software

Reviewed on 9/20/2019

The customer service has been great. We initially had an issue that we needed solved with same side of street service an no u-turns. OptimoRoute was able to add this functionality pretty quickly so that we could see it in action before making a full buying decision.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. It has the ability to scale with the size of your organization. We were drawn to it because of the ability to assign "skills" to drivers. This allowed up to split up our fleet according to their specialty.

Cons

The price. It is on the higher end of routing software that we looked at, but with the included features and excellent customer service, it has worked out well for us.

RouteSavvy

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

CompassLogistics was on its way to not being supported anymore.

Features and customer service

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your review - we appreciate the feedback!
It's great to hear that OptimoRoute is helping manage your fleet's constraints. Most customers see ROI within weeks or sometimes days of use - so we're glad you're experiencing the value that our route optimization software brings. We're proud of our features that suit a diverse range of workflows. Stay tuned for new features, because we're continuously working on giving our customers the best product possible.

Best, Cathy

Hana
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

EASY TO USE, ACCURATE AND EFFECTIVE!

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

Distribution of corporate presents can be very challenging especially during Christmas/post-earthquake/COVID 19 times. In the year of 2020, we as a company have done it 2 times, so in order for me to best explain the efficiency of Optimoroute, I will just compare 2 exactly same processes with and without the use of Optimoroute.
MARCH 2020 VS DECEMBER 2020
OPTIMOROUTE NO YES
NUMBER OF PRESENTS 300 300
TEAM MEMBERS 7 1
NUMBER OF DRIVERS 3 3
DELIVERING DAYS 7 3

As you can see from the comparison above, not only have we saved the costs for drivers by decreasing the number of days needed for delivery, but also, having only one member of our team involved in the whole process, we have freed 7 working days of our 6 employees so that their time can be used in a more efficient manner.

Optimoroute saved our money and time by simplifying and efficiently managing process that used to be time and energy consuming.

Pros

For the use of Optimoroute software no special technical knowledge is needed, other than the simplest knowledge of excel. The best thing is, after you import all the data, choose number of drivers and optimize the route, you are able to print routes for each driver, but even better, you can import the routes into their Google maps so the only thing left for them to do is drive!

Cons

I didn't find any downsides of OptimoRoute software.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Hana,

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to review OptimoRoute - thanks!
It's awesome that you managed to save time and money with our route optimization software and that you found it easy to use!

If you'll be in the need of any additional assistance in the future, you can always drop us a line at [email protected]oute.com - our team would be more than happy to help you out with anything you need.

In the meantime, be sure to follow us on social media for updates about new features!

Cathy

User Friendly

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Based on the basics of what I need to accomplish with the program, it works great! I am very happy with it and would recommend it if ever asked

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and routes are created quickly. I like the fact that you can have more than one vehicle routed at a time and that you can export the route to the driver if need be.

I like that you can have more than 21 stops per vehicle without having to create a new route.

I have not utilized the program to its full capacity as of yet.

Cons

That when you add an address and you want to copy and paste it into the name field it it tends to default back to the location section causing you to enter the location twice on the line.

That you actually have to download the trip info to retrieve times etc.

That sometimes it give you wacky driving times and if you reference the two driving destinations with google maps, you get different times. Although, traffic may be the indicator here.. not sure.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Cathy,

Thanks for leaving a review about OptimoRoute, and for letting us know what has impressed you and concerned you. It's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the ease of use and the powerful capability of our route optimization software.

Please be in touch at [email protected] - let's find a solution together to these issues that have been troubling you.

Sobe

• Customer Support Software

Must have product for any startup who delivers product

Reviewed on 10/22/2020

Extremely satisfied with the price value of the product. This is a must-have for any serious startup that doest their own product delivery as well. You can manage costs more effectively and set up your own delivery team as well in your home city and area.

Pros

Easy to use and set up and very easy to use. The driver end is extremely easy to use. Instantaneous feedback on driver position and delivery status. Importing orders are easy. Scalability is great so you can manage cost as well effectively.

Cons

More support videos needed. Would be good to have more consistent product updates with new features. Similar street names sometimes put to wrong zip codes, and cities.

Joe
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Everything we needed, big time saver

Reviewed on 1/16/2019

I run a charity "Christmas Tree Pickup" each January. 800 pickups on three Saturdays, maximum of 6 trucks.
Previous method of routing involved home grown JavaScript utility to make the routes, imported into Delorme software to produce maps, directions, and then somewhat manual process to load custom points of interest into Garmins for the trucks.

Optimoroute let us load the stops into their web based application, route automatically across our number of trucks, including a return to depot so that the trucks could unload per every 28 trees. Routes sent to smart phone per truck worked great.

The application saved me many hours of semi-automated route creation, map printing, and pickup sheet printing. Having navigation and an order list on smart phone per truck was excellent, as was the ability to track progress of trucks.

We did not use the tracking feature where we would email customers. We already had an automated "put your tree out" and "thank you" build in our reservation database via an Active X control and some VBA programming in Access.

A way to configure a pickup sheet out of the fields in the software, rather than exporting Excel sheet and then pruning and formatting would be nice. I will write a Crystal Report to reformat the spreadsheet data instead to save time.

Pros

Pre sales support, including an extended 1:1 demo/training was excellent.

Speedy and intuitive web application, combined with nice phone application for drivers that provides them with an order list and navigation to each stop.

Ability to add stops to routes in process and resent to the trucks is very nice.

Real time tracking of progress of all trucks also very helpful.

Cons

It would be helpful if all the fields in the import spreadsheet flowed in and then back out in the "all data" export. I had to use two of five custom fields to get the street and number imported as separate fields so I could then create an "all stops" spreadsheet sorted by street. Otherwise you just have street and number as one field (that is what Optimoroute needs for locating) and that does not sort. Also

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey Joe! We love stories like yours. Wonderful to hear we saved you so much time for a good cause! We are working on customizable exports. Something to look forward to next holiday season.

Jerry
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

For those who needs it, it definitely works

Reviewed on 12/21/2018

The software works, although it is quite expensive for small business like us, we really hope that there are pricing plan for small business like us who has lower volume shipment but needs multiple drivers.

Pros

Able to automatically route multiple drivers, persistent software updates, when it comes to questions, the support team does get back to us fairly quickly.

Cons

There are some small glitches, for example, our "depot" was always printed out as "New York, NY", although these can be fixed by contacting the support team, it was a bit annoying. But regarding the "Route Balancing" function, it is a weird one as sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks Jerry, we value your comments! So glad we've helped your team be more efficient and you like our speedy support. Every day we're working to improve results and make usage more intuitive. Keep an eye out for further updates!

Jeff

Saves time and stress!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2019

It has been a great time saver with determining where my drivers are delivering to. All said, it has made this section of our business more efficient.

Pros

It's great when you have multiple drivers and territories. It's easy to look at the details of each account, add notes, and move things around to your liking.

Cons

Sometimes the routes don't make sense and I end up having to manually fix the route.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Jeff,
We're glad to hear about the time that OptimoRoute has been saving your company, that's awesome! Thanks for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback.

Our route optimization software builds the most efficient route based on the constraints set. This may look strange when displayed on a screen, but the resources used (mileage, time, number of drivers) are always optimal. Of course, there may be certain situations/side cases where dispatch or drivers know a certain constraint can be broken, so manual intervention allows for quick correction.

Drop us a line at [email protected] telling us what you've had to fix, and we'll work on improving your experience.

Tarah

Saved us 10 hours a day

Reviewed on 10/22/2020

Pros

Ability to import easily, or manually add. Locking feature for after routes are sent when you need to add new orders in is nice too.

Cons

No ability to have a "return to store" for driver's lunches. Currently you can schedule a lunch, but not at the depot, so we have to add in a "stop" for their lunches.

Onfleet and Samsara

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

Pricing, ability to use with our website.
Regan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Basic Software

Reviewed on 10/22/2020

Good basic product et themselves down with support - could be amazing if done right

Pros

Price and the range of features matched my needs

Cons

user interface, a lot of things are not intuitive and could be done a lot better
Biggest issue is I had a huge surprise bill with texting, tried to get help from support and only got one reply and then after that no one replied to messages, the bill was way more than it should have been and it never got resolved (due to no response). My business I growing massively and I am actively searching for alternatives all due to lack of support when needed

Teresa

Review by The Produce Squad

Reviewed on 10/27/2020

Overall, love the app. Very professional and reliable. Our drivers have had no to very little experience with the app crashing or not working for them. Great app!

Pros

I love the tracking notifications sent to customers. Very professional! Also, I love how I can import addresses from our orders on Shopify and then see the locations all at once on the map.

The app is great and easy to use for the drivers as well.

Cons

We are a small company and for the amount of deliveries we perform at this time (less than 75 per week using the app twice a week) its expensive. However, we can scale with this app so its in our best interest to keep it.

Also, I wish there was a function to notify all scheduled deliveries at once via text and email. For example, we delivery produce the same day it is delivered to us from the main distributor. If the main distributor is very late, we'd like to send a mass communication to only scheduled orders for the day about the delay. I realize the real time tracking adjusts the schedule, but we'd like to send a personal message about what is occurring and why.

Katie

• Customer Support Software

OptimoRoute has changed our business for the better!

Reviewed on 12/17/2018

Amazing

Pros

They are always willing to change up software when our business is in need of something.

Cons

For a while, we could not do straight line routes, but they fixed it!!

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks Katie! We're all about bigger, better, faster, so it's great to hear we've helped you and your business with our improvements. Hooray!

OSCAR
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Better than Best

Reviewed on 10/27/2020

our experience has been excellent and we are sure that using it fully will make it even better.

Pros

Optimo, for us it has been the key in our growth of our operation and it keeps costs low, it is an easy program to adapt and above all it has helped us a lot in the last mile.

Cons

They are missing in the driver's application, the proof of delivery of the packages, as well as the photograph and that the client who receives signs.

Route4Me, Onfleet, Track-POD and Routific

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

because it adapted more to our needs
Angela

Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/1/2020

10/10

Pros

Thank you for saving me HOURS. Easy to add, remove, schedule times, lock routes, track drivers, live tracking. All of the above. The customer service may be the best part, anytime I have had an issue trying to figure something out, I have gotten a response very timely.

Thank you!

Cons

I honestly could not find something that I did not like about this software. It was easy to use & customer service is top notch!

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Angela,

It makes us so happy to hear that our route optimization software has been such a great help to you, your business and that it saved you so much time! As for customer service, we're glad you've had a nice experience - we're always here for you if you have any further inquiries!

And thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it!

Be sure to follow us on social media for any news or updates about new software features!

David
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic product for tracking and managing vehicles in a company

Reviewed on 9/20/2019

Pros

Clean user interface and easy to use software.

Cons

Can be a little cumbersome to set up initially but the OptimoRoute team were fantastic.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello David,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think about our route optimization software. It's great to hear that you're impressed with the ease of use. OptimoRoute always strives to give our customers outstanding service - so we're glad that you're happy with the support you received.

Best, Pete

Raymond
  • Industry: Farming

• Customer Support Software

This software made a huge difference to our business

Reviewed on 10/23/2020

Optimoroute software and the customer service helped me make home deliveries of my produce feasible. It's an important tool on our farm.

Pros

It does exactly what I wanted it to do. Plan 560 vegetable deliveries per week, with two drivers for the duration of our season. Software works both well in the office as on the trucks. My drivers like it. I like it. Optimo Route customer service is a pleasure to work with, listens, comes with workable solultions for my specific situation.

Cons

The transition from GPS waypoints/coordinates back to addresses at times send my drivers just a few houses over, as in there is some loss of info there. But with repeat deliveries, and the same drives, it all works out

Brandon
  • Industry: Restaurants

Optimoroute

Reviewed on 3/15/2019

Overall good experience. I think there are a lot of features that could be added and I know you all are working on them!

Pros

The ease of seeing routes. and adding/deleting.

Cons

The ability not to take a picture upon delivery through the app. Also how the note fields are not consistent. \

Sometimes the routes mess up when certain addresses are entered (the software will not choose the fastest route)

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey Brandon! You're definitely right, we are working on photo capture, and if I understand the notes issue correct, we corrected that inconsistency. Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Ben
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for Free Trial

Church Deliveries

Reviewed on 1/4/2021

Pros

I really enjoyed the ease of use in the importing the spreadsheets and planning for multiple route drivers.

Cons

It wasn't necessarily a problem with the software itself, it's more with the automatic route upload with Google maps for the driver's phones - it sometimes took us to incorrect addresses or just a little glitchy. I imagine the app for Optimoroute is significantly better.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Ben,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review OptimoRoute, we really appreciate it!

We're so glad that you liked the ease of importing spreadsheets and the multiple route planning.

Feel free to contact us at [email protected] and our team would be glad to go over any issues you're having.

Additionally, make sure to follow us on social media to stay up-to-date with new software features!