SimplifyEm

4.3/5

Rich

Really, simply fantastic

Reviewed on 2017-09-13

Need to write a check to a vendor? Click. Need to enter a check from a tenant Click. Need to generate a report combining rent, repairs and other factors so you can know where your profit and loss is? Click. Really it’s a fantastic software works for landlords like me.

Pros

SimplifyEm is really, simply fantastic—for landlords like me, mostly because SimplifyEm makes the mundane automatic, and the difficult simple. There are many factors, every day, that I have to deal with, and SimplifyEm combines the all. Everything is connected. The system alerts you to a whole host of things, so you can see at a glance what tenants have paid, which are currently late for rent, which repair tasks are open, and various other factors.

Cons

The software enables export to QuickBooks and transactions to a spreadsheet. In future, I hope it enables export of all reports to spreadsheets

Patti
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2019-11-21

I really liked this software and it was a close second to Rentec Direct. I chose Rentec Direct because of the maintenance capability, rent paying and marketing aspects that was a good fit for our portfolio. Also, Rentec Direct was a little cheaper in price but after the demo, I would have been happy with Simplify Em too!

Pros

I was demo-ing property management software everyday for 2 weeks. It came down to Simplify Em and Rentec Direct. I loved them both and fit our needs as a small start up company.

Cons

Not all the features are user friendly but the customer service dept quickly and efficiently handled all issues!

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Hi Patti, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are the most affordable, full featured property management software starting at $10/month for managing 10 units and are known to be easiest to use. We have maintenance and work order tracking, online payments, and rental advertising as well. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the customer service you received. We've noted your feedback and forwarded it. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Nathan

Good Support. Bad Product

Reviewed on 2020-08-27

We had a lot of trouble setting up the system and needed to contact support regularly. They were helpful, but it was still extra work to have to do that. I explained the difficulty I had with the rental process and told them that I didn't want to use SimplyfyEm anymore and wanted a refund. I was told that since I was past the 30 day refund period, they wouldn't give me my money back. I explained that the issue with the application didn't happen until a unit was vacant, which was past the 30 days. After my initial conversation with support, they never returned my messages or calls. I emailed the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and again, giving them a chance to respond and make things right, but heard no response.

I am overall disappointed with the product. I switched to Buildium and have been very happy with their product and system.

Pros

I appreciated the support team. They were usually very responsive.

Cons

I tried to send the application to potential tenants when I had a vacancy. Of the 41 applications I sent out, I only received 2 back. I had to go back through all who had contacted me and ask support to send them a special link. After trying to figure this out for a week, I used my old application and sent it out to around 18 people. Withing 12 hours I had 6 responses and within 48 hours, I had 12 responses. Less than a week later I had the apartment rented out. I was concerned at this point with the rest of the system if it didn't produce results for the basic function of sending and receiving an application. The product simply didn't work.

Buildium

Reasons for Switching to SimplifyEm

I choose SimplifyEm because of the cost and the promise of support for their product.
Anthony

Reviewed on 2021-05-25

I’ve been very satisfied with it so far to be honest. It’s been a pleasure using it and it's
sup...

super intuitive. I do property management professionally with another company and I use
this for my personal business and this is more intuitive and easy to figure out. Again
they are able to create any clarity if there are any issues or questions.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. Compared to Quickbooks, they aren’t a property
management platform, you have to massage it into a property management platform and
Simplifyem is built for property management. The look, feel, and tabs are all spelled out
for and designed for property management whereas Quickbooks is not.

Cons

I don’t have a lot, and it's super minor. I would love to be able to track HOA violations. I
cannot find any major pet peeves. If there's anything I can't figure out, SimplifyEm is
always there to help.

Ron

For the non-bookkeeper types

Reviewed on 2017-09-14

My bookkeeper has everything in Quickbooks, but I have no idea how to get a meaningful report.
This...

This program makes it easy to see how each and every property performs.

Pros

Ease of use. I am a visual type person.
Tracks everything and gives me relevant reports.
Let's me see which properties are the better performers and helps me fine tune the others.

Cons

Not all functions are obvious. I've had to call tech support a few times, but they were great at walking me through it.

Jeniel

• Customer Support Software

Makes management a whole lot easier!

Reviewed on 2017-11-12

I love using the software since it keeps on top of all my properties and any pending items I need to do or charge!

Pros

It´s simple to use, ready when I need, great features and works in all of my daily management tasks. I´ve become more organized with billing and have more time attending my clients one on one. It´s all in all made my small business & life much easier. Thanks so much!

Amy

Great Advice, great software

Reviewed on 2016-09-07

Pros

It is very easy to use. It has a clear presentation. Seeing lots of units at a glance is easy.

Cons

When putting in the details of the payment in the notes section, something happens with the formatting. like instead of symbols (Which I use when putting in dates) it changes them to "n" and other weird things. I have had to modify the way I input information. Also, when people are behind, if you input the actual date that they pay, it goes to the month that payment was received (ie: if someone pays me August 8th for July rent, if I use date of payment, it will only apply to August. So I have to use the notes section to say when the payment inputted)

Joanne
  • Industry: Banking

my experience

Reviewed on 2021-06-09

good

good

Pros

The dino was a great addition to the program

Cons

The insurance button comes up too much Every time you turn around it reminds you about insurance

Susan

• Customer Support Software

I have used Simplifyem for five years as a property manager.

Reviewed on 2015-07-21

Pros

It is easy to keep records and send out owner reports for our properties.

Cons

There is not a way to email the 1099 reports in February even though the email addresses are in the program by house. Most of our owners move through the year since they are military and many 1099's are returned in the mail.

Alejandra

A little more than Okay!

Reviewed on 2018-05-15

Pros

This software becomes easier to use as you gain familiarity with it so it is important for you to actually get hands on with the software. It does help keep everything organized and their customer service is great, they'll walk through whatever problem you are having.

Cons

SimplifyEm would benefit from better training, I'd rather have information available or a video that I can watch instead of having to call. Improve that and it'll be even better.

Aimée

Save Your Money

Reviewed on 2022-02-28

Awful, I tried to use this software for two months, it is horrid. I asked for a refund, they refused. I even asked for a pro-rated refund (paying for the months I used it only) and they still refused, fought the credit card company I utilised as well. Just go for the better competitor platforms, this one is only going to waste your time and money. Buildium is WAY better.

Pros

Price, it is cheap for a reason folks. Truly there is no other reason I chose this software company for my business needs.

Cons

The company is dishonest, telling clients they have features they do not (as of 2021-2022) and you literally have to manually enter in EVERYTHING yourself.

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Hi Aimee,
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are a residential property management software and it looks like the majority of your portfolio was for storage and commercial properties. We do have customers who use us for storage and commercial properties, but only when it's a small part of their portfolio. We are partnered with a tenant screening company that provides tenant screening reports including credit check, criminal history, SSN validation and eviction search. We are sorry that you could not meet the requirements for doing tenant screening under FCRA (Federal Credit Reporting Act) and there is no exception to the law's requirements. If you are just starting out, an alternative screening service is offered where the tenant downloads the credit report and shares it with you. We provide a two week trial and a 30 day money back guarantee and free training and support. We wish you all the best and hope you can find software that better fits your needs. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Mechele

Horrible software

Reviewed on 2021-08-19

Pure crap and zero support for 24 hours at a time.

Pure crap and zero support for 24 hours at a time.

Pros

Nothing, this software is horrible. Do not buy!

Cons

This software provides a free money back guarantee. But they do not refund your money after you process your first rent roll and find out that systems doesn’t process rent and owner draws easily. Tenants hate their portal and owners hate their portals the 4 day delay with the bank and owners getting their money is horrible. I would not recommend this system to even my competition, it’s just that bad.

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Hi Mechele, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It looks like your colleague demoed the software before purchasing and sat through training and is happy and satisfied with the software. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee for annual subscriptions. Online payments are one of our most popular features and makes it easy for tenants, owners and vendors. There is a processing period of 2 business days and does not include bank holidays. We have over 150,000 satisfied customers and offer free training, free live phone support Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST and 24/7 email support. Best, SimplifyEm Team

David
  • Used for 1-5 months

over 12 months and still no refund

Reviewed on 2020-10-28

I had been searching for a property management software capable of tracking CAM to replace my spreadsheets. My search lead to simplifyem and my inquiry was answered by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the day before I was leaving for China in Oct 2019. After a quick talk he informed me of a sale that expired at the end of the week, Under $800 for 3 years subscription with a 30 days money back guarantee. I explained I was leaving the next day for Asia and would be gone for over a month and I was not taking a laptop. There was no way I could test the product until after I returned some 40 days later. He put me on hold and when he returned he informed me that I had manager approval for a 90 day return.

When I returned I tested the product and very quickly realized that it was not a good fit because simplify is for residential or at least does not have the capability to track and allocate Common Area maintenance. Well, to be fair, there was some sort of work around that appeared to be about as in affective as quickbooks might be, but it would only be able to work around some of the CAM, not all. Essentially could not do it.

I emailed and called to cancel my purchase within the timeframe I was quoted. That was over a year ago and I have not received my money back yet. I have called support no less than 20 times and emailed about the same. I have not received anything back from them. Not an email, not a returned phone call, nothing.

Don't buy this product, they cheat customers!

Pros

I never got far enough to find any pros.

Cons

Doesn't work for commercial application.

GREGORY

Can be used anywhere

Reviewed on 2017-11-11

On top of everything SimplifyEm is a web-based software and can be used from anywhere with access to Wi-Fi. I recommend the software to property managers and any owner of a rental property.

Pros

SimplifyEm makes tracking rent and payments simple. It has made it easy for me to collect rents online and monitor all my property expenses in one place. I can store lease agreements so I can access them easily in the application. I use it to send email to my tenant, provide them with any notices. I like rent reminders and ability to track maintenance requests.

Cons

I wish I could use the application offline. Some of the forms like lease agreements, notices to quit, notice to pay can be accessed offline but I cannot do data entry offline.

Gary

Simple...It's in the name

Reviewed on 2020-02-12

Pros

It really is relatively simple to learn, very simple to use, and support has been awesome.

Cons

I am currently using a system based on the double entry accounting system. In fact, I had to take a course on accounting just to use it. The Simplify system is more friendly to and usable by someone knowing nothing about accounting. At first I found it difficult because it was too simple.

Mickie

Easy Peasy

Reviewed on 2016-08-09

Pros

It is so easy to do and if you mess it up, help will always walk you through it or fix it for you. Love these guys.

Cons

There is nothing I found that I don't like at the point. Some things you have to read a little more than others to understand but still easy enough to understand.

MICHAEL

Great product for my smaller Property Management Business

Reviewed on 2017-03-06

This is the third Property Management Software system I have used. It is by far the easiest to use, and does everything I need. I would recommend for anyone with properties up to 100 units. If you are a smaller company this is by far the best product!

Great Support
Offers everything I need to work with my Tenants, and Owners
Fantastic Value

Cons

I have been using this product for about 3 months. So far I do not have any negatives. Suggestion for future upgrades. Allow more detailed Tenant Information to be entered.

Kim

• Customer Support Software

Software advice lead us to purchase SimplifyEm for our business

Reviewed on 2016-09-08

Pros

We have not started using SimplifyEm yet. Will start setting it up in November 2016 to launch January 2017. We have signed up for a 3 year commitment. My overview is on the software advice we got. They recommended three companies that they thought would work for our business. I did not have to go through the hassle of calling and searching a dozen companies. I contacted the three companies that they recommended. Took a look at what they had to offer and the price it was going to cost per year. I decided that SimplifyEm would work the best for our business. They made searching for a software company much less taxing.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like. They were very prompt in helping me select a software. They called back to see if I had any questions or if I needed more help in selecting a different software.

Ashleigh

Pretty good.

Reviewed on 2018-05-03

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use after playing with it a couple of times. Everything looks organized.

Cons

When first setting up tenants, there is an area to enter the flat late fee and daily fees after but I'm not sure if they actually work because the rep that walked me through how to use it he manually put in the late fees. I wouldn't like having to do that with each tenant. Hopefully its just a misunderstanding on my part. I will find out soon.

Teresa

Not integrated correctly!

Reviewed on 2018-06-18

Great price but not worth the effort, especially if you have tenants who never read their emails.

Pros

Good place to store information on tenants and good email capabilities. Good price but may be worth it to get Pro.

Cons

Too many pages to go back and forth between; units, tenants, rents are all on separate "pages" so you are constantly going back and forth. I don't have the Pro version so reports are very limited too.

Maria

• Customer Support Software

Best product for your money

Reviewed on 2016-12-14

After working in the property management industry and dealing with software like Appfolio, I know the impact of a good software in the day to day operation in my new job as an investor of 8 apartment rentals.

Pros

Online rent payments
Tenant and vendor reports, income and expense reports, rent roll, etc

Cons

Parking fee and any other fees have to be compiled in one rent payment. Does not allow to break it up.

Digi

Reviewed on 2021-04-20

Frustrating

Frustrating

Pros

I like that it has the option for Schedule E, and I haven't had a long enough time to analyze it but I like that it has the feature and option to do so.

Cons

It's cumbersome to me, as well as time consuming. I don't like that there are different "windows" to add details. For example, putting in expenses, it isn't in alphabetical order and its based on how you put it into the software.

Julie

Simply The Best !

Reviewed on 2020-10-26

My Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing! He was very upfront.

My Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing! He was very upfront.

Pros

What I liked about the software was easy to learn. I looked at several types of software, this product was the best priced, easiest to learn & offered Full Customer Service.

Cons

This software was not missing anything.

Gloria

Great program base software.

Reviewed on 2018-02-08

Pros

Advertise as an accounting management made easier with some solution to owners to use, but it really a simple web base software.

Cons

Reports are not really detailed enough for the owners. I think maybe adding more details to the report will be a good asset.

Emily

• Customer Support Software

Great Software, Great Price, Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 2017-05-04

Thank you for designing an easy to use software for growing landlords. We own 28 units a mix of multi family and homes. This program is affordable, easy to use and has exceptional customer service. Thank you!

Pros

Affordable, very easy to use, great customer service.