SimplifyEm

Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Michelle

• Customer Support Software

Best property management software in the market

Reviewed on 3/1/2022

I have found their support best amongst the software industry. I find it easy to contact them via text, email or phone. I prefer to use either text or phone. Their support team is very knowledgeable and friendly.

Pros

I find it very easy to use. It enables me to stay on top of my rent collections. I found data entry much more easier than other applications I have used. I have just started using their online application, online leases, and tenant screening service. I found it very easy to integrate with my current process. I have been using online rent collections for a while now and it is easy to set it up.

Cons

There is nothing difficult i find with the product. If I have a question, I can watch a video or go to the FAQ and lookup the answer. I find their videos very helpful.

Stephen

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use property management software

Reviewed on 7/31/2017

If you aren’t tech savvy and want to save time each month, this software will help you a lot. I like it as it has made property management job easy.

Pros

Simplifyem is a simple and straightforward property management software. Everything is categorized in sections so you’ll never get confused especially if you’re not tech savvy like myself. It’s easy to set everything up and doesn’t take long. There’s a bunch of reports and I love how they’re so easy to run.

At the end of the month, I can quickly send out owner statements. I also send out rent receipts to all my tenants in bulk all at once just by a single button so I’m not doing them one by one like how I used to. My tenants also send maintenance requests through their portals which is really convenient because I can just create a work order and assign it to a vendor right away. Customer Service is great! They walked me through on setting up online payments. They even offered to set them up for me at no extra cost. My tenants now pay on time and some don’t need to login each month since they’re setup on automatic withdrawals. This really helps when paying my owners online as well.

Cons

None, software works as expected and the functionality is easy to use which will be of a benefit to non tech savvy users

Tonya

Zero support & cheap with no VALUE

Reviewed on 3/16/2020

The software is not as easy as your sales rep will tell you. There is zero flow to the software process which makes it very confusing. For instance, if you submit an owner draw and record the owner draw, the software "should" automatically prompt you to go to "online payment" to process the draw. If you are new to the software and miss that step, it still appears as if you submitted a complete owner draw since the draw will show in your bank statement and in the bank balance however the draw is incomplete but there is NO notification showing you differently. This is the process with almost all functions of the software. I'm looking for a new property management software.

Pros

The sales pitch from our sales representative.

Cons

Zero support/Inadequate support.
If you are lucky enough to receive a call back after two or more days, the customer support rep will ask you what you need and then they start telling what to do then have a nice day and they hang up.
The call is very rushed.
Not to mention they are on Pacific Standard Time, so if you are on Eastern Standard Time you have 5 hours for live support.
The time frame for online payments, to your company or owner, is at least 5 days and if there is a mistake, you can add an additional 5 days to your process.
You can write your property owner a check and send via mail and the payment will arrive quicker than processing through this software by our experience.

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Hi Tonya, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are known to be easiest to use and known for our customer support. Customers appreciate the customer support they receive from us as they know similar to your experience with another software company that SimplifyEm's customer support is a lot easier to reach. We have been providing outstanding customer service for the past fourteen years. We provide live phone support Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST and 24/7 email support. If you reach our voicemail, you'll get a call back within an hour the same day along with an email follow up. Online payments are one of our most popular features. It's faster and more convenient as writing a paper check and sending it through the mail will take longer. All online payments take two business days to process and deposit directly, no more trips to the bank. Last year, enhancements were made to where payments may be withdrawn the same day for express processing. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Wendy

A Huge Time Saver!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

This is the perfect app for someone who needs a place to track tenant information and leases while keeping a history of past tenants and what work orders and requests have been submitting while consolidating expenses. The tracking of all tenant communication in one place makes so easy to lookup information and avoid any miscommunication and legal issues.

Pros

As a property owner, SimplifyEm has decreased my workload and saved time. I can easily see work orders and expenses at a glance while collecting payments and see all tenant communication in one place. I like how I can set up rent reminders to invoice my tenant every month automatically. This has helped get rent on time every month. SimplifyEm has freed up my time and streamlined my property management tasks into a manageable process so that I spend less time on managing property.

Amy

Great Advice, great software

Reviewed on 9/7/2016

Pros

It is very easy to use. It has a clear presentation. Seeing lots of units at a glance is easy.

Cons

When putting in the details of the payment in the notes section, something happens with the formatting. like instead of symbols (Which I use when putting in dates) it changes them to "n" and other weird things. I have had to modify the way I input information. Also, when people are behind, if you input the actual date that they pay, it goes to the month that payment was received (ie: if someone pays me August 8th for July rent, if I use date of payment, it will only apply to August. So I have to use the notes section to say when the payment inputted)

Susan

• Customer Support Software

I have used Simplifyem for five years as a property manager.

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

Pros

It is easy to keep records and send out owner reports for our properties.

Cons

There is not a way to email the 1099 reports in February even though the email addresses are in the program by house. Most of our owners move through the year since they are military and many 1099's are returned in the mail.

Joanne
  • Industry: Banking

my experience

Reviewed on 6/9/2021

good

Pros

The dino was a great addition to the program

Cons

The insurance button comes up too much Every time you turn around it reminds you about insurance

Karen

• Customer Support Software

Easy, simple to use system

Reviewed on 4/20/2016

Pros

Easy to use and generate variety of report options make it easy to clients and tenants informed. The monthly cash flow report is helpful.

Cons

Would like a smartphone app for quick entry to handle maintenance request.

Ashleigh

Pretty good.

Reviewed on 5/3/2018

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use after playing with it a couple of times. Everything looks organized.

Cons

When first setting up tenants, there is an area to enter the flat late fee and daily fees after but I'm not sure if they actually work because the rep that walked me through how to use it he manually put in the late fees. I wouldn't like having to do that with each tenant. Hopefully its just a misunderstanding on my part. I will find out soon.

Alejandra

A little more than Okay!

Reviewed on 5/15/2018

Pros

This software becomes easier to use as you gain familiarity with it so it is important for you to actually get hands on with the software. It does help keep everything organized and their customer service is great, they'll walk through whatever problem you are having.

Cons

SimplifyEm would benefit from better training, I'd rather have information available or a video that I can watch instead of having to call. Improve that and it'll be even better.

Patti
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

SimplifyEm Review

Reviewed on 11/21/2019

I really liked this software and it was a close second to Rentec Direct. I chose Rentec Direct because of the maintenance capability, rent paying and marketing aspects that was a good fit for our portfolio. Also, Rentec Direct was a little cheaper in price but after the demo, I would have been happy with Simplify Em too!

Pros

I was demo-ing property management software everyday for 2 weeks. It came down to Simplify Em and Rentec Direct. I loved them both and fit our needs as a small start up company.

Cons

Not all the features are user friendly but the customer service dept quickly and efficiently handled all issues!

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Hi Patti, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are the most affordable, full featured property management software starting at $10/month for managing 10 units and are known to be easiest to use. We have maintenance and work order tracking, online payments, and rental advertising as well. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the customer service you received. We've noted your feedback and forwarded it. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Anthony

SimplifyEm Review

Reviewed on 5/25/2021

I’ve been very satisfied with it so far to be honest. It’s been a pleasure using it and it's
super intuitive. I do property management professionally with another company and I use
this for my personal business and this is more intuitive and easy to figure out. Again
they are able to create any clarity if there are any issues or questions.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. Compared to Quickbooks, they aren’t a property
management platform, you have to massage it into a property management platform and
Simplifyem is built for property management. The look, feel, and tabs are all spelled out
for and designed for property management whereas Quickbooks is not.

Cons

I don’t have a lot, and it's super minor. I would love to be able to track HOA violations. I
cannot find any major pet peeves. If there's anything I can't figure out, SimplifyEm is
always there to help.

GREGORY

Can be used anywhere

Reviewed on 11/11/2017

On top of everything SimplifyEm is a web-based software and can be used from anywhere with access to Wi-Fi. I recommend the software to property managers and any owner of a rental property.

Pros

SimplifyEm makes tracking rent and payments simple. It has made it easy for me to collect rents online and monitor all my property expenses in one place. I can store lease agreements so I can access them easily in the application. I use it to send email to my tenant, provide them with any notices. I like rent reminders and ability to track maintenance requests.

Cons

I wish I could use the application offline. Some of the forms like lease agreements, notices to quit, notice to pay can be accessed offline but I cannot do data entry offline.

Gary

Simple...It's in the name

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Pros

It really is relatively simple to learn, very simple to use, and support has been awesome.

Cons

I am currently using a system based on the double entry accounting system. In fact, I had to take a course on accounting just to use it. The Simplify system is more friendly to and usable by someone knowing nothing about accounting. At first I found it difficult because it was too simple.

Mechele

Horrible software

Reviewed on 8/19/2021

Pure crap and zero support for 24 hours at a time.

Pros

Nothing, this software is horrible. Do not buy!

Cons

This software provides a free money back guarantee. But they do not refund your money after you process your first rent roll and find out that systems doesn’t process rent and owner draws easily. Tenants hate their portal and owners hate their portals the 4 day delay with the bank and owners getting their money is horrible. I would not recommend this system to even my competition, it’s just that bad.

Response from SimplifyEm.com

Hi Mechele, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It looks like your colleague demoed the software before purchasing and sat through training and is happy and satisfied with the software. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee for annual subscriptions. Online payments are one of our most popular features and makes it easy for tenants, owners and vendors. There is a processing period of 2 business days and does not include bank holidays. We have over 150,000 satisfied customers and offer free training, free live phone support Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST and 24/7 email support. Best, SimplifyEm Team

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Customer service is the worst!!

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

I call and get hung up on. I call back because renters are complaining they are no longer taking payments on the 1st but now the 3rd without asking the account representative to approve this change. Second, renters today show they underpaid the rent to but were all paid up yesterday. I checked as rents are due. All customer service says is, "What did I do wrong, I need to fix this." As tried to explain was I didn't do anything but log on from yesterday and now I have to go in and fix it. What I should have heard was - let me see what happened... What I wanted to know was -did an update happen? By the way, in the background of the phone call before I hung up was the phone ringing and ringing and lots of voices so something happened.

Pros

Options for keeping track of expenditures and online payments. The feasibility for the renters to make payments and for me to keep track.

Cons

Customer Service!! Customer service will take no responsibility. This is the second time I have logged on and balances have changed. Don't trust this

STEVE

• Customer Support Software

So far loving it and the customer support is just as good if not better than the reviews...

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

I highly recommend this company and their program.

Pros

A full suite of leasing and management and cloud-based! Also, a system that should be a good fit for any size person or company and with room to expand! The integration of the Trans Union credit/criminal history site is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Nothing so far, just the learning curve with a new system. I've gone from a Quicken, stand-alone program to this fine product and it'll just take a little while to get used to all the bells and whistles.

MICHAEL

Great product for my smaller Property Management Business

Reviewed on 3/6/2017

This is the third Property Management Software system I have used. It is by far the easiest to use, and does everything I need. I would recommend for anyone with properties up to 100 units. If you are a smaller company this is by far the best product!

Great Support
Offers everything I need to work with my Tenants, and Owners
Fantastic Value

Cons

I have been using this product for about 3 months. So far I do not have any negatives. Suggestion for future upgrades. Allow more detailed Tenant Information to be entered.

Susan

Excellent Property Management System

Reviewed on 8/17/2017

This is a very good software program and I looked at several options. I'm pleased with my choice. I've called the Customer Service so much, they know me by name!! Always very helpful.

Pros

Detailed Reports for Owners, Supports Online Banking Services for Owners and Tenants, Excellent Customer Support

Cons

I had difficulty learning the flow process and getting properties loaded in the beginning, but Simplifyem had a training call with me and that helped considerably.

Maria

• Customer Support Software

Best product for your money

Reviewed on 12/14/2016

After working in the property management industry and dealing with software like Appfolio, I know the impact of a good software in the day to day operation in my new job as an investor of 8 apartment rentals.

Pros

Online rent payments
Tenant and vendor reports, income and expense reports, rent roll, etc

Cons

Parking fee and any other fees have to be compiled in one rent payment. Does not allow to break it up.

Zoraya

• Customer Support Software

Great Pricing for small property management!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017

It's a great system for small companies or owners. Pricing is not bad for a few dollars you can get all that you need to keep track of everything.

Pros

Pricing and customer service. They even schedule a training for you where they teach you step by step.

Cons

Might be a bit tricky to set up with a few too many steps. You have to go to several places to complete the info for 1 rental.

Grace

Review of SimplifyEm Program - Recent purchase

Reviewed on 9/7/2016

Pros

I am new to the product but so far it appears to be of great value. So far the product seems to be exactly what we need, we are a small operation but need major organization and record keeping and this product seems to be exactly what we need. I inputted data this weekend and it really was quite simple - even I was able to do it - all on my own.

Cons

The go back option is a little tricky. I needed to go back to the previous screen and I had to finagle my way around it. It probably is operator issue - I just have to learn the program

Kathy

Good For The Budget Minded

Reviewed on 7/14/2017

The software getting stuck. I swear it used to change my numbers on balance sheet. I don't like that after mis take on balance sheet, I can erase it.

Pros

Easy to use, only because I've been a user for about 7 yrs? I like the detail description feature. So owners know.

Cons

Software Always gets stuck when I send my reports and I have to get out and come back in. Dinosaur keeps sending.....

Mary Anne

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 4/17/2018

Pros

Inexpensive
Great Customer Support
Easy for Tenants to Use
Easy Access
The site is organized.
Nice integration to online rent payments.

Cons

I wish more notices could be automated.
Extra added fees
I wish the site could send bills and integrate with banking accounts

Roberta

Simple

Reviewed on 12/15/2016

This has been a great software to use for the apartments complexes we own - simple for all of us in the office to use!

Pros

It's a simple tool that we use daily.

Cons

More help on where to put the "security deposits" and rent