1,113 reviews

ClockShark

GPS Time Tracking for Construction and Field Service

4.7 /5 (1113 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.9
1,113 reviews
Bridget S.

Pleased with the software

Reviewed on 2020-10-15

I think this has helped a lot with mishaps on hours when employees get paid, we can go back and show them where they were thanks to the GPS.

Pros

The ease of adding employees and jobs, since we are a fast paced construction company and jobs change and get added by the day.

Cons

The only issue that we noticed was that after an employee clocks out for that day they cannot go to previous days and leave a note. Say they were late and forgot to mention that in a message but remembered later in the week, they are unable to add that.

Steele M.

Good product

Reviewed on 2021-01-11

Pros

I like how I am able to see the times add up throughout the week and match sure employees stay in similar hour range.

Cons

I wish there was a way to group employees on a team/crew this would make it easier to keep track of hours. Also, i wish there was a way to clock into customers and then the job because we could have 20 jobs on the list and it would make it easier if you had a customer option to organize them. Tsheets has this feature and i really enjoyed it.

Erin W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Clock Shark has been a very positive and useful asset to our agency. The GPS function is aces!

Reviewed on 2017-07-11

Clock Shark allows the employees within my agency to clock in and out for their shifts easily and with a GPS time stamp that assists the Admin users to do audits on the employees. As an HR Manager the 'Reports' function within Clock Shark for Admin users is super beneficial in assisting me to complete both my bi-weekly and monthly payroll as it allows me to input a custom range of dates to pull up reports. Being able to select which employees and which dates I need reports on saves time and headaches as I am easily able to complete my Payroll in an hour compared to 6 hours when our agency used written time sheets.

Pros

I like the GPS function so that our supervisors can keep track of where and when employees are clocking in and out from their shifts. This feature has helped us in solving more time theft instances than I'm happy to admit. As the HR Manager, I also love the 'Reports' feature. This makes my Payroll day so much easier.

Cons

There are some features of Clock Shark that I wish were different. These features do not hinder my ability to complete my job so I don't wish to complain about them. For the sake of this review I will list just 1 feature I wish was different (to be fair I have never told the Clock Shark Admin about my frustrations so they can't fix what they don't know). The feature I do not like or wish was different is the 'Notes" section within each punch. It needs to allow for more room to write as we use ours to list our daily tasks at the end of each shift before clocking out and I run out of character room each day. I would also like a feature to differentiate the text bubbles on the time sheets from our task lists and actual punches that need to be fixed for employees. Maybe a different color? It's time-consuming to go in and look at every employee's text bubbles just to find punches that need to be fixed within all of the daily task lists.

Leslie M.
Industry: Construction

Straightforward time clock software with easy-to-use app

Reviewed on 2018-04-16

Saves us money and streamlined our timesheet process, plus integrates with our accounting/payroll software for more specificity in job costing.

Pros

It integrates with Quickbooks! It saves us a lot of staff hours to not have to manually enter time on each employee each week. This is especially true since we have to tie nearly all staff hours directly to the customer and job they were working on, which often is multiple jobs per employee per day. The app is easy to use, so our crew leaders are able to make sure their crew clocks in and out on the job, even when they're on the go and running from one job to another.

Cons

It took a little while to get everything set up just right so that ClockShark would work with all of our other systems and processes, but customer service was helpful and responsive through the process. Once we got it set up right, it's been smooth sailing. Definitely saves us money overall and helps us keep job costing reports accurate since all staff hours can be tied directly to the job they were working on.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Leslie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! Glad to hear everything is going so well, and that you're saving time and money using automated time tracking w/ QuickBooks!

We'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Customer Success team. They'll appreciate your shout out, and of course, they're always happy to help if you need them. :)

Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Leslie! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Tom M.

We love ClockShark

Reviewed on 2020-12-14

We have been using it for years because it works, the workers get reminders to clock in and ou, edits are easy, can see what's going on out there in a glance.

Pros

we use different tasks for each job, i like this feature, we are a prevailing wage contractor and need to track hours from county to county so we use many tasks. Also like the budgeted hours, as we get notified when close t our budget on a particular job. The geo fence is great also.

Cons

When choosing tasks for different jobs, they should be listed in alphabetical order and after choosing one, on the next it should go to the list were you left off. not always the top of the list. we have many tasks and its a lot of scrolling. Notification choses can be more detailed. We have guys that pick up materials or leave from the shop on certain jobs it it makes for to many out of bounds notification.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Tom!

Thank you for taking the time to leave an awesome review! This is great feedback!

As far as your tasks--they should be in alphabetical order! Sometimes if there is a space in front of the name, it counts as a character and can throw the order off. You can also adjust the mobile settings to list fewer/more recent tasks :) Same with notifications! On the mobile side anyone can set up a customized reminder under "employee reminders"! We can also limit the amount of job/tasks employees can see with access controls ! I would be more than happy to go over some of these options with you or you can reach out to support at 1-800-828-0689 Feel free to chat/call in and we can definitely help!

Keiko M.

Pro Co Painting - ClockShark Review

Reviewed on 2020-11-06

AMAZING! The software is incredible and so is their customer support. If there is ever any new features, questions or changes a team member from ClockShark is readily available to describe and help. The software is reliable, user friendly and affordable. We love ClockShark and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a scheduling or time tracking software.

Pros

Our favourite part about the software is the scheduling app and time tracking. We use it for all of our employees to ensure they know their schedules, where their job sites and that they get paid properly.

Cons

ClockShark is continuously improving, there is nothing I dislike about ClockShark.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Keiko!

Thank you so much for the glowing 5-star review! I'm happy to know the scheduling, timetracking and customer support have been so helpful. It's always a pleasure seeing your name in these reviews, it means we're doing something right. Thank you for your continued support, we appreciate you and your company to the max!

Anna A.
Industry: Construction

As administrator I'm happy with overall functionality but employees are having a hard time.

Reviewed on 2018-03-27

Job costing

Pros

We bought it primarily for job costing and tracking of where the crew is. We started out with everyone using it and now I have to constantly go in and edit everyone. A few of our guys got new phones and they don't remember their passwords to download app. I'm in the process of having another crew meeting to get everyone but on board. This is becoming very frustrating and taking a lot of my time because it's not being used like it should. That's no fault of the program but lack of communication with the crew. I'm considering having two foreman in charge of entering everyones time each day. I may need some help with training them on that!

Cons

Many areas in our county dont get cell service which messes up their times. Also, our crew is all hispanic and they don't understand the importance of clocking

Response from ClockShark

Hi there, Anna! So glad to hear that as the administrator, you're loving the app's features and the easy job costing. That's wonderful! :)

Since you mentioned re-educating your employees on best practices within the ClockShark app, I wanted to share that we'd be happy to help you out with that. If you need any resources, have any questions, or just would like someone to cheer you on, feel free to give our Customer Success team a quick message at [email protected] Of course, you're always welcome to give us a call too @ 1.800.828.0689. We're here to help! The CrewClock feature sounds perfect for the two foreman you plan to have enter employees' timesheets.

So glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Anna! I hope you have a spectacular Wednesday! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Maria G.
Industry: Construction

Overall it's a positive experience, very helpful with any questions we may have.

Reviewed on 2018-01-02

Time tracking, job cost and GPS location had made our employees more accountable.

Pros

How easy payroll is due to the reporting and time tracking at the end of the week. Employees can no longer complain about the hours and time calculations since they're the ones in control.

Cons

Constant emails for every clock in and clock out. I wish it would generate a report in the morning and email that and then one in the after noon or end of day. This would cut down on the constant emails and with over 40 employees I get what seems like a hundred emails a day. It can be a little frustrating getting so many a day.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Maria. :)

Thanks for sharing about your positive experience with ClockShark so others can read about it! We love to hear that payroll is easier now because employees are accurately clocking their time from the app. I'm glad to hear that the GPS features have increased employee accountability too. That's wonderful!

Regarding the emails (especially if you're receiving them for 40+ employees), they can get overwhelming. One thing that some of our customers try is creating a special email folder for all incoming messages from "ClockShark". This helps keep their inbox from running over. If you think this might work for you, and you have questions, feel free to let our Customer Success team now: they're happy to help!

Thanks again for the review, and for being a part of the ClockShark frenzy! Have a wonderful rest of your day, Maria!

George T.

Customer Support is AWESOME. Super helpful !! Thanks !!

Reviewed on 2018-03-14

great way to keep tabs on who is clocking in and out on time. also for keeping track of job costs. Note section is a great tool too

Pros

your Customer Support is EXCELLENT. You guys are always there to solve any issues or help figure out an easier way. The fact your support is so easy, quick and EXCELLENT is such a HUGE BONUS for this program. We appreciate it and you guys !! THANK YOU

Cons

wish there was a way to set up the time reporting periods so it defaults to our pay periods. But other than that......... its awesome

Response from ClockShark

Hey there, George! We're so glad to hear that the Customer Support team has been so helpful as you've been using ClockShark! We'll be sure to pass along your praise to the WHOLE team. :)

Since you mentioned changing report date ranges to match your pay periods, I wanted to share that you can enable pay periods in ClockShark. If you navigate to Admin > Company Settings, you can set your pay period there. Once you've enabled a pay period, you will see a new option when running reports: Last & Current pay periods. :)

Will you let me know if that helps, George? Feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions. Happy to help! Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team. :)

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Kevin S.
Industry: Construction

Clockshark has greatly simplified our payroll process, saving hours of work each week.

Reviewed on 2017-07-12

We save time every week not having to chase down employee time cards. The values port directly into quickbooks, saving hours of administration time every pay period.

Pros

I like the fact that I can see a GPS breadcrumb on the map when an employee clocks in our out. Given that we have employees deployed all over the US, it makes it easy to see if everyone is where they should be when they should be. I have also always received immediate and helpful support when I run into snags. Clockshark is a great service supported by a great team!

Cons

The only negative I can think of is the Char limit of Jobs that map to Quickbooks. What I mean is that our jobs in QuickBooks have much more characters than the mobile app is capable of viewing. This can lead to confusion for the employees when there are multiple jobs for the same customer, but not enough characters are viewable to differentiate between them. That said, we have developed a paper-based workaround and I won't be a bit surprised when Clockshark Dev Team improves on the situation - they are constantly making improvements.

Leah P.

Very good experience . Customer support is there if needed each time I log in.

Reviewed on 2017-11-20

Easier to run payroll each week; ability to track employees each day and know exactly where they are in relation to where they are supposed to be.

Pros

Easy to use; links efficiently to QuickBooks; easy and fast t for employees to learn; setup was fast and completed virtually without any tutorials, just a few questions with chat. Owner of company started initial setup from home and I completed the next day.

Cons

Job times for pay period do not consolidate on paycheck detail making the check stubs too long; needs to have the ability to make notes during the log in period instead of when logging out or at the beginning - sometimes forget what is needed to be said; when employee does not have a log in for a day, needs to be a reminder the next day to explain why absent the previous day.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Leah!

Thanks for sharing about how your ClockShark experience is going. We're really happy to hear that your set-up was exceedingly easy, and you were able to get swift help from the Customer Success team via the website Chat feature. :)

As the Office Manager, having a time tracking software that integrates with QuickBooks is very convenient. We also really appreciate your suggestions. Your employees can type in their Notes field after clocking in too: they'll just want to make sure to click "Save" after they do that so that they are recorded.

Regarding the reminder for explaining why a day was missed, I think that's a fabulous idea. We'll add that to our feature voting page so other users can chime in on it too. Did you have any other suggestions? Feel free to email them to me at [email protected] if you do. :)

Thanks for being a part of the ClockShark team, Leah. If you ever need anything, please let us know!

John M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020-01-20

Pros

This app allows for efficient scheduling as my field staff refer to it daily for their scheduling assignments and of course all time keeping. We have them assign their hours by job and by cost code so that we have accurate job costing information. Very intuitive and so easy, our field staff have no problems learning it and my project managers find it as a very useful tool for creating job assignments and getting valuable reporst as needed.

Cons

There were some early annoyances from adding notes and cost coding items correctly but our main suggestions were heard by ClockShark and since then added to the features.

Response from ClockShark

Hello John,

Thank you for your 5/5 star review. We are happy to hear that ClockShark is efficient and easy to use for you and your field staff. That's so great that your field staff has no problems learning the product. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

David H.

Easy to use app-will also track your employees as long as they are using the app

Reviewed on 2018-03-30

Pros

I like the tracking function, I can make sure my employees really are on the job they say they are, and show a client later that they were there if there's a question about billing.

The app is easy to use, you can also set up alerts so you know if someone did not punch in or if they did not punch out.

Cons

Checking payroll to make sure it is accurate can be difficult because the calendar does not stroller from the top of the screen as you move through employees. If you have more than 10 or 15 employees ' we have about 100 - it can be a little tedious. Employees can also be logged in more than 24 hours if they switch from job description to job description, meaning if they work snow for 18 hours and then Office, then forget to log out they can be logged in for 42 hours total.

Bonnie T.

Works great when the users enter their information correctly.

Reviewed on 2017-10-13

Pros

Saves me having to handle physical time tickets and is easy to find missed dates if time has not been recorded

Cons

That some of our employees have difficulty using it - it automatically clocks people out sometimes when it shouldn't be

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Bonnie. Thank you for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra. I love hearing that you're saving time by not having to hunt paper time sheets, and allows you to swiftly make corrections (when needed). Regarding the employees having difficulty using it, especially the auto-clockouts, would you like to reach out to our Customer Success team @ 1.800.828.0689? You can also reply to the email that I'll send you. The app should only clock out employees when they 1) disable locations services when they're required to have them on and 2) when they attempt to buddy punch for another employee. I'd love to get any concerns you have addressed when you find the time.

Thanks for being a part of the ClockShark team, Bonnie, and for allowing us to support your business over the years. If there is anything we can do to serve you better, just let us know. -Morgan-

Anna D.

Time Keeping Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019-02-19

Overall, this program has helped our company track time nicely. With the ease of reporting, we will continue to utilize ClockShark.

Pros

I love the reporting feature. I am able to determine the amount of hours spent on any particular job in just seconds. I also like the editing feature - hours and locations can be adjusted very easily. I also like the customer service - you get a live person and they know your account information almost instantly!

Cons

I disliked two functions with this program. 1) The location/Geo Fence is not always accurate when adding the address/job to the list. I've had to call customer service a few times to have them adjust it so I don't get alerts. 2) The program drops clockins/outs. Employees will clock in but the app automatically clocks them out. This occurs even when the employee installs the updates on the app.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Anna,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you love the reporting feature. We are working on making our product better and your feedback helps us do that! Please reach out to our customer support team when ever you have questions!

Marsha L.
Industry: Environmental Services

One of our best investments yet!!

Reviewed on 2017-06-27

Already our company has saved so much time and money in using this product!

Pros

This is a great product and so easy to use! We have job sites located all over and a lot of places that do not have cell coverage. My guys are able to clock in where ever they are and switch between jobs effortlessly with or with out cell coverage and it updates once they come back in to coverage. It is simple and easy for the various age generations that I have working for me and to date we have not had any problems downloading it on to our employees various brand phones. The very few questions that I have had to ask Clock Shark have been answered within a quick turn around time and they are always checking in and emailing great tips on using their software. This product has already saved me so much time and money on keeping track of my team. Not to mention it helps to also keep track of their locations and I am able to pre-schedule jobs and have them reminded on their individual phones!! They have loved being able to upload photos and notes from each job site and really enjoy how easy it is to use.

Cons

The only Con that we have is that not everyone is able to view the other teammates notes on a job. They have continued to communicate through e-mail or text when it comes to passing their information. So in the bigger picture this is just one small Con to so many Pro's.

Rufus H.
Industry: Construction

Best time keeping software bar none. Easy to set up and use. Very reliable, no glitches ever.

Reviewed on 2017-12-13

Time keeping accuracy.

Pros

Ease of use for employees in the field and administrator. Very quick and easy to edit time cards and print reports.

Cons

Needs more robust scheduling feature. If it had this I would use it exclusively. Wish they would use the same platform format and expand into service dispatching.

Response from ClockShark

Hey Rufus, thanks for the feedback we always appreciate hearing from you! We're busy rolling out scheduling to mobile as we speak, which allows schedules to be created or edited on mobile, as well as makes the viewing of schedules more robust for employees and allows them to clock into a Job directly from their schedule.
I'd love to hear more from you on how we can improve scheduling for you, so I will send you a separate email to ask if you want to chat via phone sometime soon!

Cliff

Courtney H.

Easy App

Reviewed on 2017-06-27

This helped make a precise process for submitting time cards.

Pros

This is an easy app to install and start using as a team. It has worked pretty flawlessly and is so much better than what we were using before.

Cons

I feel like we are contacted a little too much by Clock Shark employees. I enjoy the app and don't feel the need to get a message every time I use the app online and via email.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Courtney, thanks very much for the feedback and review. Much appreciated. We're working on ways to improve our communication preferences settings for each user, so that you could for instance opt-out of specific types of messages. Most of what we send you is intended to help improve your experience with the app and we try to keep things spaced out and not overwhelming. But we get it, sometimes it can feel like too much, and sometimes people just don't like this sort of thing in their email, etc. If you'd like we can opt you out from any communication, just let us know! Thanks again!

Daniel D.
Industry: Construction

Easy to use. Powerful time analysis for projects. Great Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2017-12-12

The ability to easily and accurately record time for the guys on site, and you have a summary of the time at the tips of your fingers.

Pros

+ Adding new features to add to, and improve user experience
+ Features that we need
+ You are able to select a project and view all time for it
+ Customer Service that goes above and beyond

Cons

- There are a few things that could make the software easier to use, but the development team is currently working to develop these features.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Daniel!

Thank you for posting a review on how ClockShark is working for your company. You highlighted how it's easy to use, and how it provides you with the perfect reports for each job. We love to hear that! And as you pointed out, we're always looking to add new features and improve ClockShark, so do stay tuned. We have some exciting things ahead this year. :)

If you ever need anything, please let us know. Our Customer Support team is always happy to help, Daniel. Thanks for both being a part of the ClockShark Frenzy, and for taking the time to share with others how ClockShark is helping your business. :)

Liz F.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Clock Shark usability

Reviewed on 2016-11-01

Our experience with ClockShark has been either overwhelming wonderful, or really difficult. To be honest it comes more from our employees than administration. We use it in a field that has many employees that are never in the office. The employees have claimed to have problems getting clocked in, switching jobs, clocking out etc. They swear that they have done what is asked to work the clock properly yet still find problems with it working accordingly. From an administrative side it seems it is a user error although we have found some problems with other security programs we use conflicting with the app and stopping the synchronicity of it. We have also found that in one instance an employee has been able to bypass the location clocking in and out, and no one was ever able to resolve that matter, even customer service was puzzled on how he was able to do that, and the employee claimed he had no knowledge of why. All in all, Clock shark has saved much time and energy and seems to be a valued assets to the payroll department as well as clocking hours on jobs and how long they are taking. We appreciate the work those in customer service have given us, as they are always available and helpful. We will continue using Clockshark.

Pros

accessibility, reporting, location finder

Cons

some employees find that it doesn't necessarily record what they are doing, however not sure if user error or program error.

Cathie E.
Industry: Construction

Easy to use. Customer support is awesome and quick response.

Reviewed on 2017-07-11

It's easy to use for scheduling and tracking projects.

Pros

It's easy to use, fairly intuitive, and the customer support is quick. I like that you can attach files. The GPS feature is handy for the guys in the field as well as the office staff.

Cons

The guys in the field should be able to clock-in for the items that have been scheduled for them. Also, I'd like to see old jobs that are not 'active' go away from the active jobs. They should remain in the system, but having an 'archive' area would be great so we don't have to scoll through hundreds of past jobs to find current jobs.

Jane M.

Good App

Reviewed on 2020-03-16

Pros

How easy it is to use for the employees and how much more accurate it makes job costing and payroll

Cons

The only feature i fell is missing the option to print notes on the timesheet report. Without this option i am forced to print out multiple reports.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Jane,

Thank you for your 5/5 star review. We are happy to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use and payroll and job costing is much more accurate. Thanks for bringing up the idea of printing notes on the timesheet report. We'd be interested to hear more about what features you'd like to see added. Would you please reach out to our Customer Success Team at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]? Your feedback is important!

Carmella E.

Great App

Reviewed on 2017-10-03

Stopped using paper time cards. Saves so much time.

Pros

From the beginning the customer service has been so attentive. Everything was so easy to set up, I did it on my own just fine, but I was given the opportunity to talk to a real person on the phone if I wanted to which was really impressive. I've only had to email them once so far and I was answered quickly. Ever since I changed the schedule to match our payroll workweek importing into quickbooks and verifying times has been a cinch. Overall I love this software, our employees find it easy to use and they are constantly adding new features which is great.

Cons

It doesn't have an app for windows mobile phones, but our employee can still log in through the website.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Carmella. Glad to hear that transitioning from paper timesheets to ClockShark was so painless, and is saving you time and money. As you pointed out, since the majority of smartphone users possess an Android or iOS device, we haven't updated our Windows mobile app; fortunately, (as you noted) employees can always clock in from the web site.

It's great having you as part of the ClockShark team, Carmella. Along with this response, I'll be sending you an email so if you have any questions or suggestions, you can share those there. I really hope you're having a great day. -Morgan-

Cameron robert T.
Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Overall I think Clockshark is a very useful tool for our business.

Reviewed on 2018-04-20

This program is very helpful to the business to allow me to create and allocate jobs to the employees. The notes and directions are vital to how this works, and I dont think we could do without it.

Pros

The grid pattern is very useful to see all employees schedules and how they all fit together. The timesheet page is also very helpful to see daily and weekly hours being put in to keep track of it.

Cons

I think the Job creation page and the schedule could be better integrated with each other. Adding and allocating jobs is a bit laborious. I wish that when editing a job the location would be available to see.

Response from ClockShark

Hi There, Cameron! Glad to hear ClockShark is working so well for your company. We really appreciate your sharing your positive review on Capterra! :)

If there's ever anything we can do to help out with, please let us know! We're thrilled to have you on the ClockShark team. Have a wonderful week, Cameron! :) -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Vicki N.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020-07-07

Wonderful!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to teach to new associates, flexible

Cons

Can adjust time while clocked in (i.e. forgot to clock in, 30 minutes later, clock in.. time needs to be adjusted).

TSheets allows users to adjust the time, while being clocked in, so that users don't forget. Instead, they have to make a note, and adjust the next day, or some other go around.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for both you and your team. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.