TenantCloud

Rental property accounting & management software

4.3/5
4.0/5
4.0/5
Customer Support Software
4.1/5

• Customer Support Software

The best simple property management SaaS

Reviewed on 2023-08-06

Pros

Simple easy to use and understand. It works great without becoming complex.

Cons

Lacks custom features that might be desired

Kelli

• Customer Support Software

Tenant Cloud is the perfect solution for us!

Reviewed on 2019-11-25

Great experience, I would recommend they take requests and complaints more serious. As well, when making changes with updates, ensure that they are updates that consumers need or won't affect their current uses.

Pros

The ease of use, and ability to personalize most of the information input into the software.

Cons

The updates that are made regularly often affect items we were using and then they are no longer useful to us.

Propertyware

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Propertyware is to in-depth of software, and requires too many fields for each entry or item you want to include.

Propertyware

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for your great review, we really appreciate that.

Tim
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Daily SPAM & Poor Customer Service Respondes

Reviewed on 2021-11-03

After setting up one property the system would allow me to at more Units. Didn't have time to figure it out. The daily SPAM, the reply to asking about stopping the emails and I'm glad I didn't try to get Verified. I see a number of complaints on that process. Plus when I reached out to their online support chat, I was asked if I had an account with TC. At that moment I didn't because I wanted some answer before wasting my time. The reply was you have to have an account for us to talk to you!!! REALLY?!?!?!

Pros

It had a fresh look and it was somewhat easy to figure out without looking for or asking for help.

Cons

14 days trial is not enough time to really put this service through it's passes. The daily SPAM to upgrade and use other services and not being able to stop them. Per customer service, (my words) live with it or don't use our service.

Innago

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

I didn't, I have since deleted my account and this service is no longer be reviewed for use at this time. We are left with Innago and we are testing this service. So far so good, even with some minor quarks, plus it's a free service to use.

Response from TenantCloud

Tim, thank you for taking a moment and sharing your comment with the community. We take our customer service very seriously, so we pulled the dialog to see what happened. Yes indeed, our rep has suggested you create an account but also he has answered all your questions regarding how the system works and how it can help you.

We are sad that you have decided not to go with TenantCloud, but we are hoping your business will be in a great place with your next property management software.

Best regards,
TenantCloud Team

Michael
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

A great entry level software

Reviewed on 2021-11-29

Pros

Support is outstanding first and foremost. After that, it provides many of the features i needed in management platform, is very easy to navigate on the tenant side, a feature that would be a deal breaker as tenants don't want to spend a lot of time trying to find what they need, and the ability to record other company income and expenses suck as vending machine proceeds is a major plus.

Cons

Would like to have the ability to offer an online application without it being tied to a specific property, or requiring me to lust the property first. Also would like to see the ability to add new vendors on the fly through the expense form. When a maintenance guy brings mw a new receipt for payout, i often have to cancel the entey to go back and add a new vendor first.

Neill

New and still in trial

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

Pros

Loved the vendor process and maintenance requests as well as the owner portals.

Cons

There is no Move In / Move out and general inspection documentation. it will beneficial to have such function and then have the system allow you to task the work to a contractor.
You do not have a reconciliation process for bank accounts I think that is a negative.
Also you don't have an option to issues 1099 to vendors / owners and fire files to the IRS again another negative.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Savings on costs and also owner reporting and tenant issues posting is very appealing....
Claudia

Great overall for now

Reviewed on 2022-07-06

So far I'm still transfering data and find it quite easy to do. I can give you more feedback in a few months when I start to actually use it with my tenants.

Pros

It is quite easy to use and have all what I want in property managing.

Cons

I wish you can have it more international user friendly by giving options to add/remove options. For example, I try to add equipment that are commonly provided in my country but then it's not available in the dropdown options so I have to compile them all in other.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

I got stood up by their sales agent too many times that I cannot imagine how it'll be if I have problem in the future if they can't even keep their schedule to sell their product to me. Plus, TenantCloud have the $0 subscription that got me hooked (great marketing strategy!)

Response from TenantCloud

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you.

Spencer

Helpful for Rent Collection

Reviewed on 2021-11-29

Overall, I have had a good experience, but I wish the communication option was easier for the tenants. I wanted all the tenants to correspond with us on TenantCloud, but they opt for texting and emailing since those are still easier. Also, one of my tenants said he found it hard to make a maintenance request and ended up just texting me, so a better interface for tenants would be better.

Pros

We were attracted to Tenant Cloud because it offered a way for tenants to pay rent via ACH, so our tenants would not have to pay fees and could easily pay online. TenantCloud also sends automatic reminders to tenants to pay their rent, and so far we have had no late rent payments!

Cons

Have had a few issues that were mostly fixed after reaching out to customer support. I don't like that it takes a long time for a payment to hit my bank account, as the ACH payments are sent first to my TenantCloud balance and then transferred to my bank account. Depending on when rent is due (since transfers are only made on business days), it could take up to more than 10 days for the payment to hit my bank account. I also wish it was easier to sync with QuickBooks.

TurboTenant, Avail and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

The price was way more competitive than Buildium and had better features and interface than Avail.
Jesse

60 Rental Units

Reviewed on 2021-02-01

Took about 4 business days to set up 60 tenants including stored documents. There were a few learning curves but nothing extremely troubling. Plan to set up other aspects as time permits.

Pros

Fast, easy cloud-based implementation. Smartphone app. Tenant portal. Cloud document storage. Equipment/asset management with maintenance reminders.

Cons

Difficult to get reports on certain typical rental business functions (ie. bank deposits).

Malcolm
Malcolm
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Don't make property location identification compulsory through google

Reviewed on 2022-01-07

Personally I'm not happy about it's *add property location* feature. Google doesn't have addresses for the properties in my country so as a result when I try to add a property it shows an error message saying "your property is not found on google"

Pros

Lovely tools for my startup property management company. I'm in the process of trying the free version before paying

Cons

Google maps does not have sufficient deta of every single neighborhood in the world so by making the feature compulsory through google you only limit your market to developed cities while not giving a damn about all other properties which are located in smaller towns, developing and remote countries. Make it easy for every single property in the world to be managed through the software...

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Free version to begin with so that I can grow with the software
Lee
Lee
  • Industry: Capital Markets
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Satisfied small scale landlord

Reviewed on 2022-12-07

For use in small scale property management scenarios, by owner - Satisfied with the overall capabilities of the free version of TC. This has given us a more secure platform to receive payments from tenants, track the status of payments, and keep a library of invoices and other documents (for both tenant & landlord).

Pros

For use in small scale property management scenarios, by owner - it's very helpful to associate tenants with rent obligations; and have a platform that automatically generates invoices and receipts. It's extremely helpful to have a secure platform that tenants and landlords can use for payment, and is user friendly. This is an organized and accessible way to ensure tenants have the right access to documents, as well as generates receipts following their payments. Seeing payments pass through multiple stages on the platform is helpful to stay updated. Very helpful for use across small scale landlords.

Cons

For use in small scale property management scenarios, by owner - The processing time from payments to transferred into landlord account is longer than expected, and the only area that I would really like to see improvement in the free version of TC access. Additionally, I would like the ability to split or share rent between tenants more accessible on the free TC platform

Sharron

• Customer Support Software

TenantCloud is a cost-effective, easy-to-use alternative to the big clunky platforms

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

Overall, I appreciate that someone was able to work with me through issues with my setup. The price is extremely competitive and the platform is very user friendly.

Pros

Price and user interface are great. There was always someone on the other end when I called in to customer service. And a representative followed up with me to ensure that my issues were resolved.

Cons

Some limitations with functionality related to owner reporting and billing. I wish there was a direct link to the tenant and owner portals.

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Buildium was taking too long to approve my account, the customer service was not helpful, and the value was not worth the price.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

The price for TenantCloud was more competitive than Buildium. AppFolio is too clunky and not designed for smaller portfolios.
Russell

Owner

Reviewed on 2023-07-17

I use Tenant Cloud for all my properties and require its use by my renters. I use it for lease creation, electronic signature, payment capture, maintenance requests, and all tenant communications.

Pros

The flexibility it provides with leases and lease creation.

Cons

Does not interface with my bank for expenses.

Quicken and Stessa

Cost and additional features

Quicken

Cost and functionality
Dean
  • Industry: Management Consulting

TenantCloud feedback

Reviewed on 2023-07-17

I enjoy using TenantCloud. It keeps things centralized and organized for my Management business. Having this system helps me grow my business. The customer support, when issues arise, help issues get solved quickly both for me and my tenants. The big downside is the cost per month. I pay $100 per month when other apps are less expensive. I started using this application when it was significantly cheaper (free initially).

Pros

- TenantCloud messenger - Maintenance requests - Listings - Customer service is very helpful and mostly available

Cons

- Many times it takes too long to load when you are going from page to page - Stripe system takes too many days to clear rent payments to bank - You can not change the "tenants pay separate" back to "tenants pay jointly" once it is in the system - If tenant was on month to month but then you extend their lease to a one year lease at a higher rate, the system doesn't update their rent amount automatically the next month when it switches over. - It costs too much per month. I pay $100 a month for this, when other apps charge less.

Vijaianand

• Customer Support Software

Good product but need to listen to power users to make it great

Overall we like it and like to improve some areas

Overall we like it and like to improve some areas

Pros

It has very interface which is easy to use both app and websites. Lots of features and great customer support. We been with TC for more than 5 years and we like to continue as long as they continue provide the same or better.

Cons

They should allow power users to educate and make improvements to product to make it much more robust and better.

AppFolio Property Manager

Good interface and pricing
Benjamin

Easy to understand and use

Reviewed on 2023-07-17

The program helped me organize and collect rent in a timely manner.

The program helped me organize and collect rent in a timely manner.

Pros

Easy to use and to train employees on how to use the program.

Cons

More reports. The program helped me organize and collect rent in a timely manner.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Tenant pro was easier to understand and use.

Easy to understand
Kouto

Honest Review

Not as user friendly as some other software

Not as user friendly as some other software

Pros

Availability.The ability to be able to use it on my phone

Cons

1. Not having a feature as Pay Rent as a redo button. 2. It is too difficult to return security deposit: For final money owing by tenants, you should have pay rent with an option to use the security deposit to service the final bill. The balance, if any, should then be returned.

Yardi Breeze

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

It was too much for me to be doing programming and being a property manager among other things.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

These products are for large establishments
Jamie

• Customer Support Software

Great option for tracking tenants

Reviewed on 2023-07-17

Pros

I like that everything is in one place and rent is tracked automatically, including late payments

Cons

The navigation is confusing. Generally when I log in to perform monthly duties that don't happen that often I have to remember how to get where I want to go

Zillow Rental Manager

Price and complete solution
Diego

• Customer Support Software

Best option for small landlords

Reviewed on 2019-09-27

TenantCloud has been crucial to managing my rentals the last 2-3 years. Extremely helpful for recording my expenses and receipts and has been a life-saver come tax time when I need to do a final reconciliation of all activities. They're always improving it too, so I can tell they really believe in their product.

Pros

The free option for landlords/owners under 75 units is essential as a cost-effective way to manage your rentals. It's cloud-based and with constant updates to it's features and reporting. Allows for online tenant screening and standalone sites for individual units to list rentals. Very user-friendly interface allows me to enter expenses and collected rents in minutes and not waste any more time than I have to. Seems pretty robust with several features that I don't even use but I can see how they might be useful to institutional or larger landlords. Definitely recommend this product.

Cons

The report formats are not what I would choose, but they can be exported to excel and customized a bit so it's not a big deal. Never had to contact their customer support so I really don't know how they are, but I imagine they're pretty responsive given what I have read.

Ron
  • Industry: Law Practice

• Customer Support Software

Great for all my PM needs

Reviewed on 2023-07-19

I would definitely subscribe again in the future, it has made my life easier by having a system in place instead of tracking multiple excel sheets.

Pros

I have multiple rentals, with a few different partners on each property. TenantCloud made it easy to track rents, expenses, and automatic online payments into different bank accounts based on the property.

Cons

Not the most intuitive system - but I have found the answer very quickly with a quick google search. TenantCloud has a pretty extensive FAQS section.

AppFolio Property Manager

Cost and features.
Misty

Tenant Cloud Review

Reviewed on 2023-07-17

Good. It allows me to run my business.

Good. It allows me to run my business.

Pros

I like the ease of making a payment, the automatic application of late fees, the ability to upload pictures/videos of maintenance issues.

Cons

I have repeatedly requested that they make the time that late fees get applied a selectable option so that we can be in line with our lease agreements and not overcharge tenants or lose out on additional late fee income.

Molida

• Customer Support Software

Best inexpensive cloud property management system out there!

Reviewed on 2018-05-11

Pros

I did extensive researching trying to find an affordable property management system that was cloud based and stumbled upon this one. I had signed up for the free version and loved the functionality of it all. Easy to navigate and look up by property or tenant. Love how you're able to implement a copy/scan of the actual lease agreement and save it. Everything is very simple and just the basics, like maintenance, tenant info, property info and ability to add pictures of the property as well, to reports, etc. Since then I had decided to upgrade to their 100 -150 property plan. The recent upgrades have made it worth my money.

Cons

When logging in a particular property's rent payment (and lets say i needed to log multiple payments for this property for different months that were behind) and after I click on save, it brings me back to the list of all the properties instead of back to the same property's accounting page to which I had just recorded a payment. Makes it a little difficult to log multiple payments for one property since I like to be able to view which months are behind and how much and have to ability to log payments accordingly.

Chrstopher
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

• Customer Support Software

Stressful... constantly opening support tickets with problems, no fast phone support

Reviewed on 2018-09-12

The software has been overly stressful and take more of my time to use then I ever thought it would.

Pros

Lots of functionality, nice user interface, great mobile app, decent online support help (when applicable)

Cons

I've been using the software for almost a year now, and If I had to start over again, I WOULDN'T choose this software. It has been a non-stop struggle to get my tenant's user accounts connected to my landlord account, so they can access lease docs, pay invoices, etc. I have about 12 tenants using the software. At least half of them have had problems setting up a new user account and getting it connected to my landlord account. I'm constantly submitting support tickets and there is always a new reason why their account won't connect, and frankly the reason don't logically add up and in most cases simply aren't accurate. I've also had other issues like late invoices for monthly rent not generating late charges timely.

Tina

Broker owner

Reviewed on 2023-07-17

I found this program to be beneficial in many ways. It helps me keep track of my renters and also my insurance and any billing that I do per unit I find that the program is inexpensive and helpful to assist me with keeping organized.

Pros

I enjoy the fix it and forget it style of assistance this program offers.

Cons

Any program is hard to learn in the beginning is always the hardest but I do find it anytime I have some thing that I need to do. I have to research how to correct it fix it and work with it.

brandon

2 Year User

Reviewed on 2023-09-28

Overall we really like Tenant cloud. It keeps us organized, especially since our business is really growing. You need something like this to really scale your RE business.

Pros

It is easy to get new tenants set up for payments, maintenance requests, and to reach out to us with any questions.

Cons

The renewing lease feature tends to not work often.

Elizabeth

Tenantcloud

Reviewed on 2023-07-17

Time savings has been the biggest benefit.

Time savings has been the biggest benefit.

Pros

Being able to automatically track rent payments is the very best part.

Cons

On recurring transactions, it would be nice to update amounts without having to delete and redo entire transaction. This is especially helpful when mortgage amounts change every so often.