TenantCloud

Rental property accounting & management software

4.1/5
Customer Support Software

Rosa

We manage our 15 units for free

Reviewed on 10/15/2016

I heard about tenantcloud last year from a friend of mine. I wasn't hurrying to sign up. Most of the time free softwares end up poorly. I was using buildium, but it was too expensive. I signed up a while after tenantcloud integrated background checks. It's been half a year since and I'm loving it. Online payments, tenant screening and reports. We use it for our 15 units and everything works great. The system is very easy and customer support is great. I recommend it for small landlords, it's perfect.

Pros

It's free, it has online payments and a great customer support.

Cons

Waiting for criminal report to be integrated.

Response from TenantCloud

We can¿t thank you enough for your great review. Happy landlording!

Michael
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

A great entry level software

Reviewed on 11/29/2021

Pros

Support is outstanding first and foremost. After that, it provides many of the features i needed in management platform, is very easy to navigate on the tenant side, a feature that would be a deal breaker as tenants don't want to spend a lot of time trying to find what they need, and the ability to record other company income and expenses suck as vending machine proceeds is a major plus.

Cons

Would like to have the ability to offer an online application without it being tied to a specific property, or requiring me to lust the property first. Also would like to see the ability to add new vendors on the fly through the expense form. When a maintenance guy brings mw a new receipt for payout, i often have to cancel the entey to go back and add a new vendor first.

• Used for 2+ years

Scam that Won't Delete Your Account

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

Pros

There was nothing about the software or customer experience that I enjoyed

Cons

Tenant cloud is *happy* to continue charging you every month, even though you haven't "completed setup" of your account; however, they:

- Have a customer service line that goes to voicemail (and no one returns your call)
- Have "chat" online that is unwilling to help, can't cancel your account, and won't transfer you to a supervisor

It's basically like the old "CD" scams that would get you paying a monthly rate and then make it very difficult to cancel the subscription

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to help all our customers and are trying to do that efficiently and in a timely manner.

As our Support Team has previously responded via a support ticket, your issue is being under review. You have subscribed to a paid plan and was using our system. Later we have added a new feature called "Onboarding" and since your account was missing some information it was shown to you as well.

Due to this, you must have misinterpreted the system onboarding. But the day you've contacted our Support Team, we have canceled your subscription. We are sorry you had such experience with our system. We are improving our service every day to make sure our users have the best tools that help their business.

Spencer

Helpful for Rent Collection

Reviewed on 11/29/2021

Overall, I have had a good experience, but I wish the communication option was easier for the tenants. I wanted all the tenants to correspond with us on TenantCloud, but they opt for texting and emailing since those are still easier. Also, one of my tenants said he found it hard to make a maintenance request and ended up just texting me, so a better interface for tenants would be better.

Pros

We were attracted to Tenant Cloud because it offered a way for tenants to pay rent via ACH, so our tenants would not have to pay fees and could easily pay online. TenantCloud also sends automatic reminders to tenants to pay their rent, and so far we have had no late rent payments!

Cons

Have had a few issues that were mostly fixed after reaching out to customer support. I don't like that it takes a long time for a payment to hit my bank account, as the ACH payments are sent first to my TenantCloud balance and then transferred to my bank account. Depending on when rent is due (since transfers are only made on business days), it could take up to more than 10 days for the payment to hit my bank account. I also wish it was easier to sync with QuickBooks.

TurboTenant, Avail and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

The price was way more competitive than Buildium and had better features and interface than Avail.
Sharron

• Customer Support Software

TenantCloud is a cost-effective, easy-to-use alternative to the big clunky platforms

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

Overall, I appreciate that someone was able to work with me through issues with my setup. The price is extremely competitive and the platform is very user friendly.

Pros

Price and user interface are great. There was always someone on the other end when I called in to customer service. And a representative followed up with me to ensure that my issues were resolved.

Cons

Some limitations with functionality related to owner reporting and billing. I wish there was a direct link to the tenant and owner portals.

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Buildium was taking too long to approve my account, the customer service was not helpful, and the value was not worth the price.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

The price for TenantCloud was more competitive than Buildium. AppFolio is too clunky and not designed for smaller portfolios.
Rebecca

• Customer Support Software

Great software for landlords that grows with you!

Reviewed on 5/3/2021

All rents coming through the same system and management of maintenance issues.

Pros

This is easy to use and I like the help videos/articles I can send my tenants to help with onboarding. It's a great price too. I'm at 12 units now but am acquiring 16 more so I'm glad my cost won't change per month.

Cons

I wish the help videos for tenants were in Spanish as well. A few of my tenants were confused about standard vs advanced tenant set up.

Avail

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

RentRedi was not working for many of my tenants

RentRedi

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

I really LOVE Avail but it's very expensive compared to Tenant Cloud.
Scott

Great!

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

After trying a couple other tenant management software, I was excited to have found TenantCloud. It is easy to learn, has a great look, portal for both tenant and myself, and all at a reasonable cost. I have been using this for less than 6 months, but already recommended to many friends who also manage rental properties. I highly recommend this software!

Pros

Tenant has their own portal which even includes a maintenance request, it keeps track of all my accounting, online payments are easy to make and easy to receive, the lease flow and background/credit checks are easy to use, the over all look is pleasant and easy to work with, yet the reporting section is robust and gives you many options.

Cons

I have not come across anything I do not like about this software.

Greeley

Amazing Software!

Reviewed on 4/7/2021

After spending days and days reviewing different software platforms, I must say Tenant Cloud checks all the boxes for my company! Keeps me organized and having one platform to access my information is EVERYTHING!

Pros

Robust with lots of features. Amazing..

Cons

So far I enjoy all the features. No cons

Penny

Tenant cloud review

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

It’s been pretty good so far.

Pros

It has a lot of features that allow you to market your products.

Cons

It doesn’t allow you to send an application before you list a home. I want to prequalify my applications before I search for a home.

Re-Leased

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Recommended by another user and had a variety of functions as apart of the package.
Max

• Customer Support Software

My experience with this company was just said

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

My experience was very negative. I signed up on Friday and set everything - property, units etc. Then I found out that I need to get verified. Ok no problem but verification process is totally absurd, like they are sending you to Mars. 1) A picture of you holding your drivers license (wtf) 2) cell phone sms verification 3) social networks verification 4) bill verification 5) credit card verification with a $2 non-refundable charge (are you kidding me?

So long story short - they don't support Google Fi and I can't get verified. 3 days later support replies to online ticket: Sorry can't help you. That's it (btw no phone support, no live chat support)

Stay away from this company. They are not in the business to do business.

Pros

The promise to offer pretty much everything to manage landlord / tenant relationships

Cons

Absolutely ignorant customer support, clunky confusing interface, not flexible verification process

Response from TenantCloud

Sorry to hear about your experience with TenantCloud. The security is a major priority to us and we constantly keep the system up to date with the latest technologies.
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your information safe and secure. That is why we require additional steps to be taken in order to keep TenantCloud a secure place for our users. We do rely on your understanding.

Kathy

Tenant Cloud MRRI Review

Reviewed on 9/16/2021

It's been a rough start, however we started on the fly, so didn't really take the time to train before we needed the program. That's on us of course.

Pros

Setting up properties and tenants wasn't complicated.

Cons

Setting up the payment features, like SWIPE. It is not easy to do.
Potential tenants are having issues applying online.

AppFolio Property Manager

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

It seemed like a much easier program to use and learn. I wanted something straightforward and simple.
John

tenant cloud

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

good so far

Pros

Complete set of features, nice overview of status. Good accounting.

Cons

Steep learning curve, but support is very responsive

Deana

Our Go-To for tenant Management Systems

Reviewed on 5/14/2020

Overall, I am very happy. I have tried other much more costly programs and quickly returned back to tenancloud. It's ease of use, and customer service have been great. The program has improved dramatically over the years and they continue to listen to customer input to improve their programs!

Pros

As a property manager it is detrimental that you have systems in play in order to scale and grow your business. We like many, started out just my husband and I with a few rentals and have over the past few years scaled. It is impossible to keep everyone and all properties straight. Tenantcloud does it for us. All communication are recored, rent is tracked, deposits are tracked, leases are systematically emailed and e-signed. It's a no-brainer

Cons

There is little I don't like about the software. I will say that the most recent email sent out to tenants without first speaking to those of us who actually pay for your services did nothing but ignite an unnecessary fire and create added tension in an already very difficult time. Please remember to put the clients who are PAYING you first.

Response from TenantCloud

We appreciate your feedback very much. Thanks for staying with TenantCloud.

Anthony
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Small landlord

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

So far, my experience with TC has been great. I enjoy using the platform and have recommended it to several other investors.

Pros

I really like being able to track maintenance requests, collect rent, store documentation, and interact with tenants all in one single platform. I love my spreadsheets, but this has helped me eliminate a few. I'm also hoping this helps with next tax season to generate a simple file to upload and reduce some of the annoyance of all the included documentation of owning properties.

Cons

The only cons I struggle with are more than likely because I don't use it on a daily basis. Using it 1-2 times a month to follow up on rent payments and make sure I don't have any messages can make it a little slower navigating to where exactly I need to be. I also tried to setup recurring rent payments for tenants that haven't switched over to TC yet and I get a weird issue of duplicated rent bills. Could just be me not setting it up correctly, but not a big issue and takes 30 seconds to delete a transaction. The only other minor gripe is $90 for the year in order to use fee free rent collection for tenants. We have VenMo, PayPal, Zelle, etc with reduced to no fees. It's not a bad price (and still tax deductible) but that's my only real con.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please, create a support ticket via your TenantCloud account and our Support Team will be happy to assist with the issue regarding duplicated rent bills.
We really appreciate your positive feedback.

Lewis

Full featured, free property management software

Reviewed on 2/1/2021

As a complete newbie managing 4 units for a single landlord on short notice this program was super easy to pick up, set up the properties and get rolling.

Pros

The free version of Tenantcloud has absolutely all the features you need from a management program. You get up to 75 properties to manage for free, and that genuinely feels like the only limit to the free version.

With the smallest bit of accounts and financial knowledge the program just intuitively makes sense without needing to be dumbed down. It's well laid out, customisable and helped me get on top of things during a very stressful handover.

Cons

Small bugs can be slightly annoying, one tenant had trouble connecting to their profile and it took a few connection emails back and forth, but it worked out within half an hour (tenants don't have to connect to the app, the main benefit for them would be seeing their financial position). Recording manual payment is very easy, though you can't manually record an OVERpayment through the "receive payments" button, it always returns to the expected payment amount, overpayment can only be recorded through the invoice directly.

Honestly these are TINY issues which have cost me seconds.

Jason

Unhappy/need help

Reviewed on 4/7/2022

I have had it a little more than a month and I have not been able to maximize its potential because I keep running into issues that I cannot find assistance with addressing.

Pros

I mostly like its potential of the software being able to help an owner with everything from screening tenants to moving them into the available unit.

Cons

There is no human on boarding. They have a chat which seems like a bot that hasn't been awfully helpful. I have had many issues trying to sign up for a free demo because the software will not accept my phone number to register. The youtube stuff is OK but there is nothing like a human to answer questions. So, my biggest con is customer service and the on boarding process.

Response from TenantCloud

Jason, thank you for sharing your experience with TenantCloud. We are sad to read this, but we would like to assure you that our Support Team is helping our users through the phone support that is available Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM CST via 1-888-364-7408. We also support our users via emails at [email protected] and via our support ticket system. Our team will be happy to assist if you reach out.

Damien

• Customer Support Software

Check our TenantCloud for sure!

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

I have been extremely satisfied with my transition from another Property Management software to TenantCloud, I would and do highly recommend them.

Pros

It is a very nice user interface, quite easy to navigate. The pricing is very reasonable to start up. I have had online chats already and the assistance I received was excellent.

Cons

None, it has been great thus far. The learning curve has been fairly easy

Buildium

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

123 Landlord was not offering the service/assistance any longer. I believe the company was not taking care of the software any longer.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Buildium was too expensive and cluttered
Dennis

• Customer Support Software

Ease of use, to the point

Reviewed on 11/15/2019

Great thus far. Can't complain.

Pros

Ease of use, no-fees through TC payment service, great customer support.

I'm a property manager of three units and doing this part time. For the most part, TenantCloud is simple and intuitive. When I had a question about a feature or how to do something, the Help section was useful. If that did not solve my issue then I would reach out to the Support Team. To my pleasant surprise, they had always come back to me quickly (within hours) and provided clear instructions as to how to solve for my needs. Lastly, rent invoice and collection is easy (and no-fees!).

Cons

Maybe the templates features (e.g. lease agreement template) could incorporate State-specific guidance? I found it time consuming using this template. For this reason I use something different, but I would like to have everything under TC.

Roark

• Customer Support Software

The good, the bad, and you’re ugly advertising in the software!

Reviewed on 9/13/2021

Very little. I don’t want to be involved. I want to go out and buy buildings and fix them up and rent them out. If I have to deal with the software, I just don’t need it.

Pros

My property manager seems to have created an acceptable level of efficiency. We can manage most everything.

Cons

Stop with the advertising! Stop with asking me to upgrade!

I use all my own contracts and all my own paperwork. You should make it easier for us to do that.

You should be integrated with a document signing software so we don’t have to go outside of your software or piggyback onto your software.

My property manager would add more here.

Stephanie

TenantCloud Property Management Software

Reviewed on 12/17/2019

My overall experience with TenantCloud is great. The customer service is very responsive and we well as the fact that there are many tutorials available from TenantCloud on Youtube and they have an extensive help library.

Pros

I like the easy of use and the fact that is reasonably priced for the level of management software needed.

Cons

The program is expanding every day, but I least like that I am not able to attach easily viewed notes to each unit.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for the great feedback! We really appreciate it.

Ryan

TC Review

Reviewed on 9/8/2021

Enjoying the user friendly interface and looking forward to utilizing the features as my portfolio scales.

Pros

User friendly interface and free payment option for tenants.

Cons

Length of time for payments to transact into my bank account. Difficulty having tenants sign up and accept invitation.

RentRedi and Stessa

Friend referral. Scalability.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for the feedback!

Aaron
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Just starting out

Reviewed on 5/16/2021

Pros

I have a rental property (first time) and was referred by a friend who does this for a living. I started with the free trial and am very impressed. EVERYTHING is intuative and in one place. Paint colors, warranty info, accounting, purchases, expenses all easy to access. Once I get closer to being done fixing the place up I'll get a subscription so I can have help with the lease details, billing and calander sync. Great product!

Cons

So far I haven't come across anything I'd change or add.

Chris

Intuitive User Interface and Great Functionality

Reviewed on 8/21/2017

Organization

Pros

You cannot beat the functionality for the price. No ridiculous learning curve like Rent Manager or other high priced software. Perfect for those managing <200 units.

Cons

Would like to see more customized reporting. Customer support could be quicker but still responds within 48 hours.

Response from TenantCloud

Thank you for the great feedback! We do our best to make your user experience as easy as possible.

Molida

Best Free Property Management Software Online

Reviewed on 4/18/2017

Pros

I like how this software is free -up to 75 units at least- and that it's web-based so I am able to access it anywhere. I also like how easy it is to use and navigate. It provides landlords with up to 75 units for free, Easy-to-use Accounting, Marketing Website, Unlimited Tenants, Online Communication, Cloud Storage, Customizable Income/Expense Reports, Maintenance Staff Management, Online Rental Applications, Free Rental Payments, Online Maintenance Requests, and Automated ACH Payments from Tenants.

Cons

It does not provide a simple income and expense report, instead, it has a rent roll report that provides information for each unit individually, which is way too long of a report to print out.

Salah

Best cloud website

Reviewed on 5/4/2017

Pros

I have been using TenantCloud more than a year now and during this time they have changed a lot, they have updated the site to be one of the best and easy online websites to use for your real estate work. it makes you followup all payment, contracts and more.
for me its one of the best cloud application that I used during the past years and I think they would be better during the time as they keep updating the website.

Cons

I dont think i have that much to say but for me maybe they need to update the design of the receipt payment.