Rentman

4.6/5

Dawn

Such a Stress Relief!

Reviewed on 2020-01-07

Overall RentMan has made bringing new crew members on so much easier. They can find items and start learning our inventory. We're better able to track what items went where and if they don't come back. RentMan also helps us so we aren't double booking inventory.

Pros

We have multiple account reps that had different names for different inventory items. Now we have a standardized inventory with pictures and locations, so everyone is on the same page. Calculating shipping costs is so easy now. The reps can book items and see what their total weight is. I'm not wasting time on projects that may or may not confirm.

Cons

There's still some features I would like. For example locking down a project so an account rep can't change something day of. Or being able to get a notification that something has changed the day of. We're spilt between 2 warehouses so the account reps can't always walk in the back and talk to the crew. Being able to see Internal Remarks when booking equipment out on the app would be helpful.

Response from Rentman

Hello Dawn! We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It's great to hear, that Rentman has helped your business simplify your processes and save time on your projects!
We can understand the need for a locking feature and notifications about changes on projects. We are constantly looking to improve our app and have already implemented some changes based on customer feedback.
Now, you are able to choose to be notified of certain changes within a project via E-Mail, Mobile App, or Web. You can also view notes from your project on the mobile app.

Regarding your feedback on the locking feature, we would love to discuss this wish with you further. Please contact our support via email at [email protected] with this idea, so we can explore this option for you.

We hope for a great continuous relationship with In The Event and wish you all the best!

Your Rentman Team

Matthew
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

• Customer Support Software

A rental house's most powerful tool

Reviewed on 2022-07-05

We have really liked using Rentman and it has definitely helped our company to maintain the upper hand on competitors by ensuring that we have the right equipment available when our clients come to pickup.

Pros

Probably the most powerful part of the software is how it handles projects. Being able to create a single project that spans any amount of time, and then to have sub-projects inside of that and schedule different events/equipment/crew at different times throughout the project is great. That along with scheduling of equipment and how it handles conflicts and sub-rentals makes it a great tool for any rental house.

Cons

The majority of the issues we face are pretty minor. We've been able to find work arounds to features that are not currently in the software like Vendors/Consignment equipment. We would like to see more work put into the API and project request system as well as improvements in adding equipment to a project.

Response from Rentman

Hey Matthew! Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear you're satisfied with Rentman!

I'd suggest you keep an eye on our Public Roadmap, where you can see what features we're currently working on. You might find a few things you'll find interesting!

Michael
  • Used for Free Trial

Not for us

Reviewed on 2019-05-14

No a program for my users

No a program for my users

Pros

Free trial, Able to group items in a set, and tracking of employees time.

Cons

Too hard to use. Have to be a computer expert to understand what to do next.

MiTek

Reasons for Switching to Rentman

Free trial, then inexpensive monthly fee.

Response from Rentman

Hey Michael, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave a review for Rentman. While we do appreciate your honesty and feedback I completely agree with your point that Rentman is not made for you.

As we had discussed early on during your free trial, Rentman is specifically made for companies that are involved with event production and audiovisual equipment rentals. D&H Flagging is a traffic control service company.

As you will remember we early on clarified that Rentman was not made for your industry and workflows, which is why no features would be adjusted. Nevertheless you decided to continue with the implementation, which is why I am surprised that you are now unsatisfied with the software.

I hope you understand that we don't fully comprehend the dissatisfaction you have with Rentman due to the points mentioned above. In case you would still like to talk with us about your pain-points please reach out to our support team and we will do our best to help!

Philipp

• Customer Support Software

With Rentman we can manage and simplify all our business processes.

Reviewed on 2017-07-27

Pros

- Excellent support
- Very good overall performance of the system
- Rentman is accessible from every computer with internet connection
- There's no need to print a packing slip, as you have it digitally on your mobile phone with the Rentman app
- You can scan QR-codes of your equipment using the app
- You can add repairs for defective equipment via the app
- Really fair pricing
- You can synchronise your agenda with CalDAV
- The dashboard gives you a good overview of what is relevant and urgent

Cons

- The price structure is based on fixed packages (Lite, Pro, etc.) but I would prefer to book only certain modules that you would like to use.
- The warehouse location of your equipment is not displayed in the app.

Response from Rentman

Thanks for your great feedback Philipp. Our team here at Rentman is always happy to hear that our cloud software is able to help you with your daily rental management.

We started off as a rental company and know how important simple but powerful features are for a good rental workflow. We have gotten some very positive feedback on our Rentman App in the past months and are planning to add even more cool features. This will also include the ability to see where in the warehouse your equipment is located!

We understand that only using certain modules of Rentman would be even better for you but we do require some sort of pricing structure to provide the best service for every rental company. However, you can already adjust your Rentman license by adding more administrators (powerusers) in busy summer months and removing them when everything has calmed down. Thanks again for your review!

Nick

• Customer Support Software

Best product available on the market

Reviewed on 2017-07-29

We use Rentman for nearly 2 years and until now we did not have any bigger problems with the software. The support is very fast and professional.

Pros

For a long time we searched for a rental management software for mac computers. We did not find any satisfying application until we heard from Rentman. Rentman is very easy to use, comes with lot of professional features and saves lot of time and money so you can focus on your business. A great feature we do not want to miss anymore is the Rentman app for mobile devices. All our employees and sub workers installed the app on their smartphone and so they have all necessary information about their jobs and the events available with just one click. We can manage all our jobs including equipment stock, customer details and employee details within one software. this was the reason we chose Rentman as our software.

Response from Rentman

Thanks for the brilliant review Nick! I have let our developers and support team know how happy you are with our product and service.

We have worked hard over the past 6 years to develop the best rental software and we are stoked to introduce some cool new features over the next months. Stay tuned for new modules that will be added to the Rentman App and the browser version of Rentman. Thanks again and it¿s great to have you on board!

Stefan

perfect package

Reviewed on 2021-04-22

perfect price for much software with a good usability and a really perfect personal support.

Pros

many programs are well done, but the persons behind rentman, especially the support, ist really excellent and helpful, so you get most out of the software

Cons

the bagatelle what I am missing is already in the roadmap, so I am absolutely happy

EVENTWORX

Reasons for Choosing Rentman

mobility and usability

Reasons for Switching to Rentman

the perfect support in the test time
Bojan

Stop your search

Reviewed on 2022-06-14

Pros

Easy of use, reliable and best support you can imagine.

Cons

I'm the legacy user and I dont like new pricing plan and statistic module can be refined.

Response from Rentman

Hey Bojan,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you've been with us for such a long time, and that you enjoy your experience with Rentman.

I hope you'll be happy to hear that we are working on improving our Statistics module in the future. Feel free to check out our Public Roadmap if you want to be kept updated, and send us your feedback on what you'd like to see implemented.

Have a nice day!

Piotr
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Rentman

Reviewed on 2023-05-30

My overall experience with Rentman was marked by its powerful project management capabilities tailored specifically for the rental industry. The platform provided a centralized hub for organizing and tracking rental projects, from inventory management to crew scheduling. The robust collaboration features and real-time updates helped streamline operations and enhance team productivity. With continued user support and onboarding improvements, Rentman has the potential to be an indispensable tool for rental businesses of all sizes.

Pros

One of the standout features I liked most about Rentman was its comprehensive project management capabilities for the rental industry. It allowed me to easily create and manage equipment lists, schedules, and crew assignments. The real-time collaboration and communication tools facilitated seamless coordination among team members and improved overall efficiency.

Cons

One aspect that I found slightly challenging about Rentman was its initial learning curve, especially for users who were new to the software or the rental industry. While the platform offered extensive functionalities, it took some time to fully grasp and utilize all the features effectively. Improved onboarding resources or interactive tutorials could help new users get up to speed more quickly.

Richard

• Customer Support Software

Great software for rental puposes!

Reviewed on 2017-07-27

a much better daily routine

a much better daily routine

Pros

In the system you can form sets and cases, and add complementary items, such as cables, possible add-ons and so on. This makes it easy to create a quotation, plus a complete packing list. Other benefits of the software: QR-funcionality, easy to use webshop module, digital signatures on quotations, interaction with administration software, easy planning module, automatic backup, smartphone app... it is a complete system for the rental market!

Cons

is there something I do'nt like...? Can't think of anything... well, we receive an invoice each month, but it is much lower than our previous system with much less possibilities, so no complaint about that either!

Response from Rentman

Richard, thanks for the amazing review. Great feedback like this is what we strive for every day. We are very sorry to send you that monthly invoice but I can promise you that every cent is reinvested into the company and the development of new features for Rentman.

We are happy to let you know that new features for the Rentman smartphone app, like mobile scanning, are of high priority and will be available soon. Thanks!

Georgi

Rentman the flexy softwear

Reviewed on 2019-08-13

I am more than satisfied although I understand the difficulties to presenting the product to all my colleagues.

Pros

The supporting team which is always ready to customize some thing and to help you to tailor the product with your specific needs.

Cons

The help note balloons during the operations, they are not so visible and when some make a mistake he realize this afterwards.

Seth

• Customer Support Software

The user who cant wait for company growth. More features and better functionality.

Reviewed on 2023-06-23

Pros

I love the customer service. They get back to you as soon as they can. They have plenty of warning if their team is not available. They act fast in emergencies. most importantly, they listen. We have come to them with ideas of features that should be added only to see an update the next month with our recommendations/implementations.

Cons

The learning curve and functionality. The learning curve was difficult although [sensitive content hidden] and the plenty of resources they had made it go by fast. You really just need to learn the terminology and then you can almost use it however you please. It is very customizable in the sense that there are multiple ways to complete a task. IE schedule, book equipment, take inventory, check gear in and out, truck pack weight/power requirements. Just once you get 3-4 layers deep like editing a document template, or creating your own QR tags. It gets a little buggy, without hesitation you use it because you know the Rentman team is there to help once a problem arises.

Matt

• Customer Support Software

After Serching for GREAT Rental managment software that was affordiable we finally found it.

Reviewed on 2019-07-05

The key to any software package is to put the time and effort in to setting it up and maintaining it. We have been doing this in stages as it is very time consuming. Rentman has been great as it allows us to do this very effectively. The app is a great way to manage staff of all kinds, casuals, freelance and even labor hire. As a package I would be very confident that nothing else offers the feature set, the support and the affordable price that Rentman does. It is easy to use for everyone. It is one of only a few modern designed rental software packes that you don't need a degree in to use.

Pros

The customer service and support team are amazing! We were honestly a bit skeptical going in with the software being based in a different country but I can honestly say I have never had this level of support for software before. All the guys are great!

Cons

The Only thing we find a little annoying is it can be a little slow to find items in the data base when scanning QR codes via the app. They are always upgrading and making things better so I'm certain this wont be an issue for the long term.

John

Comback comments

Reviewed on 2022-10-10

Pros

Is easy to use and learn. nice layout. Gives Freelancers opertunity to look at the equipment and info they need.

Cons

its needs some small featers to be a complete software for the entertainment business.

Pedro

• Customer Support Software

I use rentman about 1,5 years and it was a good investment. Easy in use and very professional.

Reviewed on 2017-07-18

It was easy in use, especially when the client needs more or other things.
It looks very professiona...

It was easy in use, especially when the client needs more or other things.
It looks very professional for my client aswell. It gives me a good overview of price inquiries of my clients and I can use it in helping with my accounting.

Pros

It is very easy to make changes when clients decide more or other things. This program saves me a lot of time if I compare to the one I had before.

Cons

I had troubles installing it with parallel desktop but once installed it worked fine. Now I can easily switch from apple to windows.

Response from Rentman

Hi Pedro, thanks for the review. It¿s great to have you guys on board for nearly 2 years already. We know how important ease of use is for any rental business and we are happy that Rentman seems to provide just that.

On a side note, to use Rentman you shouldn¿t have to use Parallels Desktop as Rentman is cloud-based. The only thing you need to use it is a browser and an internet connection. A member of our support team will be in touch to resolve any misunderstandings about this. Thanks!

Michel

• Customer Support Software

Expectations for future improvement are high

Reviewed on 2021-05-04

Our processes company wide can now be covered by the use of Rentman and AFAS.
We use several API's...

Our processes company wide can now be covered by the use of Rentman and AFAS.
We use several API's to connect the applications for stock, purchasing, finance, CRM and the full rental and sales proces including workshops.

Pros

Easy to use and to educate to the team. Implementation support and daily support is fast and helps our processes moving forward adequately.
Data maintenance is very friendly and fast (Items, crew, contacts)
Easy to understand template editor. Not the most extensive but covers most of the needs

Cons

Import features can be more extensive for users of other programs how consider switching application.
Multi language level needs improvement to be real multi lingual.
2FA is an important missing part for cyber insurance application.
The purchasing module is a important missing link.

Philipp

• Customer Support Software

Rentman, a Software "must have"

Reviewed on 2018-12-11

Rentman is a very good software. Here and there are still small improvement options, but the complaining is at a high level.

Pros

The software is really easy to use. It has a very well-structured user interface that makes it very easy and provides a quick workflow. Rentman saves a lot of time, which you can use to really take care of your customers. With the professional licenses you can set everything exactly as you need it, but even in the small version you have enough possibilities to work cleanly.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are a few small vulnerabilities in the software from time to time. So far there has never been anything bad, but sometimes it's exactly the function you really need. But if you contact the support with the problems, you get professional help quickly and with the hints the developers can improve the software. And that's what Rentman does.

Thomas

Review Rentman

Reviewed on 2021-03-08

Very easy to use and a great support team that helps very quickly!

Very easy to use and a great support team that helps very quickly!

Pros

Easy to use. good overview. many very good features. frequent updates with new features

Cons

that it is avaible via browser and can be used all over the world with an internet connection

Response from Rentman

Hello Thomas! We appreciate you taking the time to write your awesome review. It's great to hear, that you enjoy our features, connectivity, and have an easy time using Rentman!

We strive to be the best choice for your rental software needs and appreciate any feedback you'd like to share with us.

We hope for a great continuous relationship with upbrand emotions sverige AB and wish you all the best!

Your Rentman Team

Sascha
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

• Customer Support Software

Good but still features that need to be worked on

Reviewed on 2023-09-16

Pros

Ease of use and web based. The crew planner is helpful

Cons

No price or cost information in the app regarding offers or product rental prices

Evgeniy

Finally found

Reviewed on 2016-08-07

We are not a big one audio rental company based in Moscow, RU. We tested all of software we able to find on market, but this one greater then anything else.

Pros

Building your own templates for Slips
Barcoding
Scan barcodes by your phone, it's cheaper then anything
Cloud based, you can access to the Base where you want, if there is Internet
Cost-effective price

Cons

No autosave option in current version (they will add this in future)
No offline version or option to work offline then sync with server
You can't add items via your phone app quickly, only if item has barcode

Response from Rentman

Hi Evgeniy,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review Rentman and your feedback. Its great to hear you are happy with our software and its functions. The adding of items via your phone will become possible with the new browser-based version of Rentman.
Best regards,
Team Rentman

Willem
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Great and powerful rental software

Reviewed on 2021-12-30

Pros

I love the scheduling and temp equipment features. Asset management can be handled several different ways for whatever fits your preference.

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to process payments within the software.

Paul

assist tracking

Reviewed on 2022-06-29

Pros

ease of use, ability to find items within a few clicks

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Response from Rentman

Hey Paul, thanks for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated! I'm glad to hear that you're happy with Rentman and that you've been using the software for a few years already. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected], my team and I will be happy to help.

Jouni

• Customer Support Software

Perfect tool for your everyday AV-business

Reviewed on 2018-10-26

I use Rentman as warehouse stock management, quotation forming and project planning tool. It saves me a lot of time when I see warehouse stock in real-time. Overall, I cannot imagine how I survived without Rentman.

Pros

The overall planning feature of projects.

Cons

Sometimes there are minor bugs but usually they are quickly fixed before I have the time to contact customer support.

Response from Rentman

Hey Jouni, I believe that Rentman being your new ultimate survival tool is the best compliment we could get, thank you!

Unfortunately the little bugs you mentioned are something that you can hardly avoid when developing software. However, we are doing our best to limit them and immediately fix them in case they come up.

I will make sure to let our developers know that they are doing a great job fixing things right away whenever something goes wrong!

Jerry

• Customer Support Software

The only software that you need

Reviewed on 2022-07-25

Pros

Everything is easy to use, you can use it with other software like Exact Online. The overview is clear so you don’t have to search for a function

Cons

I missed a lot with the mobile app and some functions for the employees. If they have some declaration i have to do with the other software or if they want some day off or vacation you can’t do with the app

Response from Rentman

Hey Jerry! Thanks for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! Our app is still fairly new, but we're always working on improving it. As a matter of fact, a new update just came out today!

I'd also suggest you keep an eye on our Public Roadmap, where you can see what features we're currently working on. You might find a few things you'll find interesting!

Helen

• Customer Support Software

Excellent software for planning producties

Reviewed on 2023-10-18

Pros

planning productions, invoicing is easy, calender is nice

Cons

For our business it is perfect We do not use the financial module completly. Only making the invoices and than we move over to our boekhoud package.

Thore

• Customer Support Software

Thanks for the easy way to keep our management

Reviewed on 2021-11-16

Pros

It is easy to use and saves a lot of time. We are able to manage several use cases in one software

Cons

The native app is a good idea, but not yet developed enough for business use outside