Groundplan

Write a Review!
Cloud-based construction takeoff software to estimate plans

Customer Support Software
5/5

Dan
Dan

William Electrical SA

Reviewed on 2022-01-20

Groundplan is more than a software program, it's backed by an energetic team that know their product and work diligently to ensure you get the most out of the program!

Pros

The Take-off abilities are efficient, templated and save time and energy! Initial set-up is easy and you are away!

Cons

I would love to see an auto count function developed in the future, I feel this is the only thing i want for.

PlanSwift, Bluebeam Revu and Countfire

Reasons for Switching to Groundplan

Ease of use along with the support and training available!

Response from Groundplan

This is great feedback, thanks Dan.
Stay tuned for that request of yours. ;)

Ryan

Best tool I have.

Reviewed on 2023-08-03

Took a few months to learn it properly and set up templates but now I love it. I've recommended the program to a lot of people and I always suggest getting some one on one training and setting up templates and think about how you would most use it prior to the training. I did this and the trainer actually suggest more options that I now use almost every day.

Pros

How easy it is to mark up, notes and make changes to send to field staff or engineers for advice/approval.

Cons

The only thing tht may be missing is to be able to copy and section of a plan and paste it either on the same plan or on a new page etc to be able to mark up or do a blown-up section with mark ups or detail notes etc. But knowing Groundplan this feature may exist and I just don't know about it.

Jeff

Beginners Luck

Reviewed on 2024-04-16

Pros

I like the flexibility of the software. You can take a project from cradle to grave. From the initial bid to the as-built drawings.

Cons

It does not integrate with my quoting software.

Ambien

Groundplan's ease of use

Reviewed on 2023-03-27

We are now using Groundplan with our technicians when they are counting items for a residential fit off. We believe it will lead to a more accurate count which will mean less return trips do to forgotten fit off items.

Pros

Ease of use. Without consulting the help guide it's easy to work out how to use the progream.But the help guide is extremely helpful & easy to follow when needed.

Cons

A multi coloured eraser tool would be good for the times when the plan has different colours.The ability to hide quantities on the pdf print of a plan legend.There is always room for more icons.

3D CAD Automation

Integration with simPRO
George

• Customer Support Software

An awesome product which could be world class.

Reviewed on 2024-02-29

I do like using Groundplan, even if there are a few little things that prevent it from being a truly world class product. Maybe such an accolade will happen further down the track.

Pros

So easy to do take-off and push quotes to Simpro.

Cons

There are things missing in the functionality which, as a former software engineer, I would think should be fairly easy to add to the program. I will concede, though, like any software product, the developers can't tick off all of the "nice-to-have's" at the same time. An example would be the ability to "nudge" a symbol into place using keyboard cursor keys. Colour-coding of measurements with a stage would be another. Could simply be that no other users ask for this stuff :D

Sam

• Customer Support Software

If simple and long term processes are important to you

Reviewed on 2024-01-15

The customer service experience is fantastic! They are always happy to jump on the phone or Zoom with you to solve issues and get you running at 100% again.

Pros

Groundplan is very easy to use. The team, especially Caz is exceptionally helpful and they are great at helping you achieve a result if you can show them what you are trying to achieve. The integration with Simpro is exceptional once you understand how it works, this can be a little overwhelming if you are new to Simpro and Groundplan.

Cons

The icon sizing is not particularly easy to get right and takes a few clicks to change. This is only an issue when designing plans for presentation but does not affect take-offs.

Peter

Game changer!

Reviewed on 2023-06-19

I can now easily show customers proposed job layouts and carry out take-offs with ease.

Pros

Intergration with SimPRO and the customer services is fantastic.

Cons

Haven't used it long enough to know yet.

Bluebeam Revu

Reasons for Choosing Groundplan

I had only used it for a short time (free trial).

Bluebeam Revu

Reasons for Switching to Groundplan

Easy of use, integration with SimPRO and customer support.

Response from Groundplan

Thats excellent news Peter. Thanks so much for the review.

Jesse

• Customer Support Software

Groundplan is a must have...

Reviewed on 2020-08-26

Extremely happy I have tried other estimating software over the past 15 years and nothing has come close.

Pros

Groundplan saves me hours each and every day now that I have my template set up and understand how the program works it honestly saves me hours each and every plan I look at.

Cons

There are not too many features that don’t work beautifully and now that it is integrated with xero it is going to make my life even easier as it will spit out a quote once I have time to takeoff

Chris

Love Groundplan a must have

Reviewed on 2022-12-01

The team at ground plan are lovely to deal with and the customer support is brilliant.

Pros

Ground plan is easy to use with many features and has become an essential part of our business. Ground plan is used every day to quote, keep track of stages within a job and can be used to draw up asbuilts and changes within plans as required. The development team add features to make our quoting experience pleasant and the team should be proud of their product.

Cons

I don't have any issues with Groundplan that impact me negatively at all.

Response from Groundplan

Mate this is so nice to hear. We love our Support team as much as our customers do.

And yes, we are proud of the product. Thanks for taking the time to review it Chris. It's great to hear how much it benefits your business.

Darren

• Customer Support Software

One of the best and user-friendly tools out in the market

Reviewed on 2023-10-20

Pros

Easy to navigate, great customer service and third party integration with Simpro

Cons

Learning new and complicated features on my own.

Geoff

Reviewed on 2016-09-20

Being an electrical contracting company, counting symbols off a plan can be tiring on the eyes as well as problematic if you miss something you did not see.

Using Groundplan has saved me printing off paper plans and hoping I can see all the symbols. Being able to zoom right into the plan and see everything has been a blessing on my eyes. No more need for the magnifying glass!

If your a Simpro user, Groundplan is a must as all your pre-builds are synced with Groundplan, so no double entry.

Pros

Sync's directly with Simpro
Can zoom into drawings and see everything
Scale the drawings, and do take-offs for cable, tray and conduits
Easily outsource the take-off and see what has been allowed for and if anything is missing

Malakai
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Nothing But the Truth.

Reviewed on 2022-06-27

Super happy with it.

Super happy with it.

Pros

Just the user friendly aspects of the whole software. Very easy to learn and pick up on how to use it from the get go. Help tab is also very helpful as it has all the information the user will need. The Ground plan team are always ready to help when you need them too.

Cons

At this stage nothing. Everything I need for my takeoff is included in the software.

Response from Groundplan

What a fantastic review. Thanks Malakai. We do like to pay particular attention to the usability of the software so it's great to hear that you find it so easy to use.

Peter

• Customer Support Software

Wish i had changed to groundplan sooner

Reviewed on 2023-02-20

Its really good, and once you get your head around a few of the formulas (which i did after one training session) its going to make pricing complex plans a breeze

Pros

I can price a plan on any computer/device with the internet not just the computer the software is on, and its so good being able to ring and get an answer straight away from someone in my own country.

Cons

There were a few things that i was not use to from using my old software but after 1 training session has got those sorted and was actually better than my old software

Response from Groundplan

This is great to hear Peter!

Those free 1 hour training sessions sure help eh?

Feel free to keep asking questions from the Support team and you'll be a formulas guru in no time.

Ashley
  • Industry: Executive Office
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great cloud-based drawing software

Reviewed on 2016-09-27

We've been using Groundplan since not long after it was first released to the market. It's a great product and well priced for the functionality it provides. We get very good assistance from their support team as well and they have always been open to developing the product further based on user feedback. It's also easy to use, with our team picking up the software and running with it very quickly. It's been a welcome asset to our business, improving efficiencies and producing great quality, take-offs, plans, and drawings.

Pros

Ease of use. Flexible. Ability to integrate to our other business system. Well priced, with concurrent licencing model available.

Cons

Nothing, it's a great tool

Marc

Worth a look

Reviewed on 2023-06-13

We do electrical layouts - great to be able to provide nice

We do electrical layouts - great to be able to provide nice

Pros

Smart guide has been a great addition - and it's great being able to create new symbols as required and the support is FANTASTIC

Cons

I've found it hard to size symbols correctly but luckily the Groundplan team helped with that. BE SURE TO DO THE FREE ONLINE TRAINING!

Response from Groundplan

Great advice Marc.
Even if you're a Groundplan wizard, you're bound to learn a thing or two with the free training.

Jeremy

• Customer Support Software

Picking up the dollars and cents

Reviewed on 2020-08-26

Love the system. For me it’s saved a lot of phone calls and time on the project management side of the business.

Pros

This product, I think is essential for the quoting and documentation side of our business. It has shown us how much we were actually missing when we were previously quoting jobs. It also allows us to document on the go for the project managers, and helps them to accurately run the jobs.

Cons

I would like to be able to customise the symbols but being there is so many to choose from, it’s not a big deal.

John

• Customer Support Software

Takes off time spent on take offs

Reviewed on 2023-01-20

Pros

Great easy to use interface and featuresSaves time on clicking with new symbol recognition Tech support and service is impeccable

Cons

Nothing much I didn’t like other then some integration capabilities but the team have solved that problem!

Response from Groundplan

Ah the ol' tech support dept. What would we do without them?!

Good to see you're taking advantage of Count Assist. That'll save you soooo much time!

James

Great takeoff tool

Reviewed on 2023-06-05

Faster estimating, drawing change tracking and revisions

Faster estimating, drawing change tracking and revisions

Pros

We think this is a great tool for system takeoffs and quoting management. The takeoff feature is a real game-changer.

Cons

It would be great to have the pricing shown in uk £ in the software but this is resolved when imported to Simpro.

Response from Groundplan

Game changer! We like the sound of that ;)

UK £ - Noted, thanks for the feedback James.

Glenn

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2016-09-02

I have used Groundplan for three years and absolutely love using it. The team at 3stack are constantly adding new features and are always available when I have any questions.

Pros

Its super easy to use and was easy to move off my old ways of estimating using excel and highlighters.

Lynton

Speed of Measuring
Integration with other platforms

Speed of Measuring
Integration with other platforms

Pros

Speed on the web platform
Web Based
Integration with simPRO

Cons

Notations on drawings. Should integrate arrows

Brendon

Reviewed on 2021-11-11

Pros

Ease of use. Plan measuring and scaling.

Cons

Inability to fully integrate with Smartbiz software.

Response from Groundplan

Thanks for the review Brendon. Glad to hear you're finding it so easy to use.

Paul

A review

Reviewed on 2022-12-16

Fantastic- Used for a long time. I would say im an active promoter.

Fantastic- Used for a long time. I would say im an active promoter.

Pros

Scale tool, integration with simpro. The ability to layer up into cost centres.

Cons

Can't edit the PDF plan to 'clean it up'

Response from Groundplan

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Paul. It's always appreciated. Also thanks for being an active promoter. So great.

I've asked Support to reach out to show you how to clean up the PDF. It's something you can certainly do.

Be sure to take advantage of the one hour free training. Even seasoned users are surprised at what they learn.

Darren

• Customer Support Software

Excellent service, terrific software!

Reviewed on 2017-05-18

Pros

Ease of use. Integration with SIMPRO is fantastic. Being able to do take offs and not miss anything is worth the money alone.

Cons

There are minimal cons with this software. There are small flaws throughout but nothing to sour the experience.

Response from Groundplan

Thanks for the review Darren. Great having you onboard!

Katie

Best program ever!

Reviewed on 2022-10-18

We look more professional going to site meetings with the plans already done up and very clear to read. The program itself is amazing and very easy to use which is just what everyone needs!

Pros

I was able to trial the program (and many others) and Groundplan was the easiest one to use! The detailed videos on how to work through the site was incredible. I was able to use it immediately and pass onto my boss who thought it was also incredible! Very professional and looks great for our new clients!

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about the program - if I get stuck on trying to find something the team is only a message or zoom call away

Response from Groundplan

Well we couldn't ask for a better title than that!
Thanks Katie.

Feedback like that is fuel for us all here at Groundplan.

jOSH

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023-07-19

Pros

Customer service was quick and very responsive.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind about things I dislike about Groundplan