• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

I got through my first event and realized I needed a different platform once completed

Reviewed on 2019-06-28

My overall experience was much better than my previous with using other softwares my only gripe was what i mentioned above. If those 4 issues can be fixed then I'd say it's a great platform but for now I'm going to be finding another option.

Pros

It was easy to set up the registration page and ticket options. Somewhat customizable. Check in was standard. Reporting is descent, can download excel spreadsheets for specific ticket types.

Cons

1. The top con on my list would be the payout process. Being that my events function based on ticket sales it's important that I have access to funds more frequently then twice per month. Other ticketing systems will pay you out every few days. I ran in to an issue where I needed to pay my instructors, venue and other staff but didn't have the funds available, so I had to front the money out of my own pocket.

2. The Finance Department is based in Asia therefore I would get replies regarding my concerns late in the evening rather than in the day during American business hours.

3. Ran in to some glitches with attendees not receiving their confirmations.

4. Couldn't figure out how to bring on team members to help check people in without revealing full financials. Volunteers or independent contracts hired shouldn't have the ability to view this info. Unless i missed something?

Response from EventBank

Thank you for your review and honest feedback.

Customer satisfaction is our highest priority at EventBank, and we are taking your review with the utmost seriousness and have already put in future updates and plan to improve customer experience with the product and services we provide.

You'll be pleased to find that we do have an option available to create temporary profiles so that volunteers and independent contractors can check people in to events without having access to your entire account. In addition, we strive to consistently improve our software to make it more user-friendly as well as regular updates to our EventBank HelpDesk with new documentation, content, and tutorials on the EventBank platform.

We have dedicated Customer Success Managers around the world, servicing all time zones, so that you are able to receive a response to your questions or concerns whenever you need.

We sincerely hope that you'll consider using EventBank for your upcoming events again.

Brian

Christina maria T.

• Customer Support Software

Has a lot of potential once improvements are made.

Reviewed on 2019-11-26

In terms of event management, we find it easier to track, manage, and promote all our events. We no longer have to use separate programs to create events and send out campaigns or invites to our members and subscribers. Payments are now easier to track and count.

As we are still generally new in using the software, I believe that an in-depth orientation and training is needed. Customer service can also be improved.

There is room for improvement in terms of customization and report generation for clients. We have been approached by other companies offering customizable report generation services that is fitted to our organizations needs.

Pros

- Event management features.
- Event page design templates.

Cons

- We cannot use HTML to personalize campaigns unless we create a new template.
- The organization's logo is very small when it shown on the event page.
- No way to customize logo placement.
- The campaigns get cut-off in Gmail when it reaches a certain length.
- Navigating, categorizing, and customizing the membership listing to fit our needs is hard to do.
- Event Calendar Campaign layout is not customizable
- Limited Email and Contact allowances.

Jeffers M.
  • Industry: Farming

Getting better each day

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

Helping me by a click of a button to reach my members

Pros

- I love this product's interface that's much easy to use by novices
- I like the customization options, especially the drag-n-drop
- The product is quite easy to move around
- I love the versatility of the product
- I love the tracking ability of emails

Cons

- Am not able to send email to a member through right-clicking
- Improve customizable payment options to allow a primary registrant to pay less for a secondary registrant
- Limited RTF options when composing

Vy V.

All in One Event management system for our community

Reviewed on 2018-04-18

Pros

We use the platform for 35+ events a week across 2 cities and at present we manage over 4000+ members. In the last year we created over 1000+ workouts/ meetings/ social gatherings for FitFam, we would not be able to manage our community effectively without this platform. We are able to easily set up events for our community to access and register for, regardless of indoor or outdoor sessions and numbers allowed.
Easy administration for efficient review, publishing, check in process. EventBank works seamlessly along side our other information platforms, giving us more visibility.

Cons

We created a 'how - to - use' PDF for our community to easily use the platform as we had users downloading the managers app instead of the users app.

Matthieu B.

• Customer Support Software

Productive now that we have Eventbank

Reviewed on 2017-03-11

We have tried many "popular" services in China to sell tickets to our events and it is clear that they don't know their industry. Eventbank clearly made the effort to think from an organiser's perspective rather than click bait standpoint (or least effort required).

With Eventbank, I can onboard new organisers smoothly and delegate them exactly the rights I want. It's simple to create personalised and professional designs for our event pages. Sharing on social media and their payment methods are all smooth and straightforward.

The customer support is on top of things and answer with care.
I have suggested to improve the analytics and other small features, I am confident they will think it through and develop if it makes sense.

I would seriously be unhappy and lose productivity if I had to opt out of Eventbank.

Pros

Cons

They could provide more analytics, drive some traffic from their own audience and offer more features to design their event pages.

Paige J.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Easy-to-use event management tool with great support

Reviewed on 2018-05-15

Efficiency, happy attendees, professional look.

Pros

We use EventBank's event management software for all of our large events at Kempinski. It is very intuitive and easy-to-use, and we can create great looking professional event websites with registration, payments, community features, and other information we need to display. QR Code Check-ins with the Manager App are super-fast. Great thing is also that we have a dedicated Customer Success Manager and she helps us with all the questions and queries in a timely manner.

Cons

Our event pages are bi-lingual - both English and Chinese, and sometimes the Chinese version of the website is not super intuitive.

Nina K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

User friendly and responsive service

Reviewed on 2019-10-24

Pros

1) The people behind it! Extremely responsive customer service and fast problem solving.
2) Ease of use: Simple to understand and maneuver

Cons

Nothing whatsoever. I have been using it for 2 years now.

Mohan R.

• Customer Support Software

A complete End to end events and membership management platform

Reviewed on 2019-03-19

What is most important for all enterprise software to succeed is the team and hand holding. By far, that remains the most crucial success factor for any large scale deployment of the best of the best ERP or CRM or any software tool for that matter and that remains the key attribute of Event bank. The passionate team members coupled with flawless execution of onboarding a client and hand holding them end to end.

Pros

- Ease of Use
- Slick UX
- Responsive design
- Native app
- Everything in one place for managing an association viz. Memberships, events, finance, mailing list.
- You dont have to have the headache of managing several platforms viz. mailchimp, a CRM and an ERP module with disjoined data which makes no sense.

Cons

SInce we haven't seen anything as compelling and all encompassing as this, I'am finding it a little hard to list the cons.

That siad, I guess an easier and robust payment gateway would have certainly been of great help.

Raphaela M.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Excellent Event Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019-08-13

Definitely recommendable. I was able to do lead generation, creation of report is made possible to justify post event reports.

Pros

Easy setup and user friendly. I was able to use the tool upfront prior to on-boarding. The fact that it can be shared to social media sites makes it even more helpful to create leads for events. Forecasting expected attendees prior to the event within 3days before the date was exemplerary.

Cons

Downside would be that it has bug issues during the time I was using it. But hopefully was fixed, other than that it was excellent.

Ashwin B.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Very Poor Core Functionalities - Much better out there for cheaper/free

Reviewed on 2021-04-09

Overall it's been troublesome. Our sales cycle was hurried through, and the company pushed a sale through before the product could have been properly assessed by our new digital team. Unfortunately, we've been unable to cancel our contract - which is somewhat understandable. However, we've found the company to be extremely dismissive and condescending when faced with legitimate product concerns. This is not a product for any organisation that is looking for VFM.

Pros

Given that none of the core features service our organisation's needs, we cannot speak to this.

Cons

From the implementation widget to the lack of membership-gating for content, there is a lot to not like about this product. The low send volumes for email newsletters, coupled with the high cost and poor email builder (white-labeled SendGrid) are extremely annoying. The email costs alone make this more expensive than either MailChimp or Squarespace's native mailer feature. If you have the budget, you should stretch to Hubspot, which integrates seamlessly with Eventbrite.

We are limited by the number of custom fields we can add to entries/applications. The end user experience is cumbersome and somewhat meaningless. It's essentially just a payment portal with an events widget and a mailer - neither of which work particularly well, or are any better than the free options.

Response from Glue Up

Dear Ashwin,

We are sorry you feel that our products are not a good fit for your organization. The sales cycle was initiated on January 11th and resulted in the signed contract on February 26th. During that time, we ensured a demo was provided, examples were shown, took the time to clearly and accurately answer the numerous questions that were presented, and waited for board approval as well prior to the signing of the contract. It was not until after the contract was signed and during the kick-off call where other stakeholders were involved who identified needed customizations, however, realized that your budget and resource limitations could not support your needs.

To attempt to address the concerns that were presented, we offered solutions at no additional cost to your organization, however, you did not have the tech resources to support them.

Marian D.

• Customer Support Software

Perfectly fits China market. All-in-one solution for CRM, email marketing and event management.

Reviewed on 2017-06-27

Pros

Event management, CRM, email marketing, engagement solution, event website builder, mobile check-in, most popular online payments, integration with WeChat.

Cons

So far so good. Overall experience is great. Some event website and email marketing templates can be improved.

Deru A.

It has overall been a pleasant experience using Glue Up

Reviewed on 2020-12-16

Pros

Up to date features, online trainings, friendly & insightful customer help.

Cons

Sometime it might take a while to understand how to operate Glue Up properly, however it is still very well-manageable.

Kassy P.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Management within fingertips

Reviewed on 2019-09-13

Pros

It's all around ease and integration. And, everything is functional and easy to plug and play details

Cons

Website design needs a little bit more beautification but minor feedback :)

Camden H.
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

A great event management app, CRM, membership-based management, etc.

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

Pros

-One of the best all-in-one solution
-Amazing features (CRM, membership management)
-Super easy check-in process

Cons

-There is one thing EventBank could improve on; marketing campaign. Our guests sometimes receive the email in their spam folders and we would have to ask them to check their email often. But looking forward to new updates in the future.

Margaret K.

• Customer Support Software

Great Platform easy to use especially for bilingual use

Reviewed on 2017-03-16

Been using Eventbank's platform for event organization in China. It's been a great experience. The user interface is easy to navigate and they also made bilingual (EN/CN) very easy to manage. The China team has been very supportive in the whole process. Payment was also very smooth. QR code check-in was swift (especially everyone is used to QR code in China). We still need to learn to fully utilize the CRM functions. Would recommend it!

Pros

UI is good; adapted to different markets (e.g. included WeChat, the most important social/mobile platform in China); easy to use

Cons

Nothing. It's all good so far :)

Marcel E.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Simply idiot proof and ready to deploy without too much hassle

Reviewed on 2019-10-16

We are very pleased with simplicity of it. We rarely spend time training as most users simply "get it". Its simple and fast out-of-the-box solution . We now have 4 accounts running this software

Pros

I can create an event in 10 minutes , have the webpage out and create collateral. I can update anything all the way to the delegate app onsite in a few simple steps.
We moved a few hundred members into the cloud which was relatively simple, and memebrs love the ease with the member app and the profile.
Payment option are localized based on country
I can assign navigation languages etc.
I can assign a client to administer a section of the membership or a specific event.

Cons

Multi currency management is not very friendly.
During setup. I cannot correct some historical items
Some limitations with regards to registration setup for multiple events segments such as dinners post tours that needs to be overcome

Brecht T.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent All-in-One Platform to manage Events, Memberships, CRM, Email Marketing and Finance

Reviewed on 2017-10-18

Pros

As an active Chamber of Commerce, we were looking for something that would enable us (and improve) to manage our events, members, email campaigns, CRM, collect payments and be user-friendly at the same time. We wanted to replace several out-dated technologies and instead use one software for our internal operations.

It also happened that at the same time we were looking for a new website solution and EventBank was in the process of launching a new solution for Chambers of Commerce. This resulted in a new (mobile compatible) website that was delivered within 4 days against a competitive price and at the same time easy to use and manage.

The support we received all our three chapters across China was very well starting with personal kick-off calls, following online webinars and a good FAQ section. Once you have a look at the platform everything becomes easy. Best part for me as Deputy General Manager is easy set-up of roles & permissions to manage and restrict access to certain pages for temporary staff and some of our interns. Also, our members can now update their information and manage their own profiles. Creating Events has never been easier with Members now being able to sign up online and pay for the event using their preferred method.

Personally, I am also a fan of the EventBank Manager mobile app. Easy to monitor sign ups for events, membership renewals, email campaigns and check in attendees on spot.

Cons

EventBank's all-in-one platform has few shortcomings that I can think about and it has meet our expectations. We are looking forward to the new products features that are being released in the (near) future.

Anna R.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great tool for Chambers of Commerce

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

Our Chamber has been using Eventbank for almost 2 years now and we are able to provide a much more professional service to our Members and to keep better track of new leads and our guests. We are overall very satisfied with the service.

Pros

It is an all-in-one software: Events Management, Membership Management, Database recording

Cons

Automatic messaging should be more customizable.

Andrea R.

• Customer Support Software

EventBank as a great software for event management

Reviewed on 2019-02-27

We didn't use it as Membership Management Software

Pros

Very intuitive to use. Offers many automatic functions like ticket sale, payment and confirmation, as well as email reminders to participants. Offers diverse design templates and functionalities that can be customised. Great customer service. Served us not only for organising the event but also for promoting the event through detailed event descriptions, speaker bios, sponsor page. Offers an app for both event managers as well as participants. Very easy to track and manage ticket sales and registration lists.

Cons

We used EventBank with an umbrella page for a complex series of 11 events in 8 days and 8 different venues. The complexity tested the limits of the software in terms of flexibility and customization. Not possible to show more than one venue. Also, not possible to link iCalendar to specific event but only to entire 8 days nor to disable this function. However, this degree of complexity is certainly an exception for events managed by EventBank software.

Steven P.

Eventbank- great for Membership organizations

Reviewed on 2017-03-15

A reasonably new but with great ideas and a really responsive support team. What I have really liked is that fact that if the system does not already have what you need they are very good at developing new features going forward. For me it is the best I have seen for chamber use

Pros

It is the best one I have seen for chambers, combining membership and event tracking

Cons

It is new so some of the stuff is not 100% fully worked out yet; but they are updating all the time and it gets better every week

Evander W.

• Customer Support Software

Data-based. Functional. Fast. Ads easy to be published. First choice for setting RSVP of...

Reviewed on 2017-11-10

Easy to use. I have got the connection with prospective members and thus i can better build cooperation with them.

Pros

I mainly use EventBank to set up events registration whenever my organization organises any external/sometimes internal events. So, my comments in this survey are all based on my experience on this feature, I know there are many other features including CRM etc though.

It's pretty easy to use EventBank to promote events via mailings and set up RSVP. Also, I have found it convenient to check in guests onsite to verify their registration. Also, the EventBank supports several languages and meanwhile it works fast in China, unlike some international survey apps working slowly in China or Chinese apps without an English version.

Cons

Sometimes, I get confused about the two EventBank websites -.com and .cn because they both have English home pages while my administrator account is only valid in one website. So, upon logging in a new device on which where the right website is not saved as a bookmark, I have to try both sites to log in successfully.

I think it would be even better if there are more styles to choose from in the publishing events page?

Michelle A.

Best Buddies Philippines

Reviewed on 2020-05-14

I hope to solve the issue of communicating with our team and our stakeholders.
I hope to also address the challenges of updating our Buddies and their families of upcoming events and other opportunities for them to learn and be included.

Pros

As a non profit with limited funding and limited resource/personnel, EventBank makes our admin team's life much easier and more streamlined.

Cons

I still need to completely familiarize myself with all the features, however, the biggest challenge I have running an NGO is the fact that our funds are quite limited. I would have loved to have a partnership where we could also promote the platform in exchange for the services for the first year. Besides fees-I really don't have anything else I like "least." That being said, I am grateful for the partial exchange deal that was offered to Best Buddies Philippines.

Stewart P.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Helping us to build our new community!

Reviewed on 2019-07-22

Pros

We recently launched our organization and didn't have a dedicated website, resources, or team in place as the launch event was quickly approaching. EventBank was able to help us in all of these areas with their all-in-one platform.

I like the fact that I can easily sort by who actually checked into the event and follow-up accordingly once the event is over. In addition, the event pages look great which really helps for an organization like ours that doesn't have a website yet. This platform has been critical for us in building our community, I can't imagine how we would have been able to track and manage the necessary information without EventBank.

Lastly, the customer support has been amazing! I have been extremely comfortable using this software knowing that the support/CS team is there every step of the way.

Cons

Yet to encounter anything negative from the platform

Ra G.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Sales Team are easy to deal with esp. SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN

Reviewed on 2019-11-22

Pros

It made our life easier every events esp with the landing page, EDM's and of course registration process.

Cons

A bit pricey but it's worth the price. We're still on our free trial but hopefully we can be able to purchase the whole services on our big next event.

Olivia M.
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

It helps the way we engage with our guests and saves us more time with check-in

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

Pros

-great team behind customer service
-good support from the finance team
-one of the best event management apps out there
- time efficient when it comes to transferring payment to our bank account
-makes check-in easier

Cons

Some guests had problems when they tried to purchase their tickets. Some had trouble finding the ticket or with registering their full info.