ClickUp

4.6 (4,101)
Write a Review!
Project management, task tracking, & professional goal tools

(4,101)
4.5/5

Denise
Denise

• Customer Support Software

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Reviewed on 2022-06-09

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

Pros

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

Cons

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

Christian
Christian
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Clickup Helps me manage my weekly tasks

Reviewed on 2023-08-22

Our organization could not have automated task management or cross-functional project management without Clickup's assistance. Organization-wide capacity planning has also benefited from this.

Pros

ClickUp has been an invaluable tool in assisting me to manage my time effectively and remain on top of my many responsibilities at work, in school, and in my personal life. You can add tasks without switching windows thanks to a handy Google Chrome widget.

Cons

The controls on the dashboard are finicky and will require some practice. All the teams have problems with this particular area of integration and application. I wish I could sync the calendar with my calendar on Google more easily. It seems that just the distinction between tasks and subtasks is communicated.

Lucien

• Customer Support Software

ClickUp is a must for high performing teams who value execution

Reviewed on 2024-05-06

I couldn't imagine our company without ClickUp. It continually enables us to power execution across a fast growing scale up and it continues to deliver on it's mission of a super platform with an incredible depth of features tools like Asana simple do not have.

Pros

ClickUp has an incredible depth of features that very few other project management tools can match. They have such a vast array of features which empowers us to stop needing different platforms for different things. The ClickUp team is clearly world-class when it comes to shipping features and this stands out.

Cons

ClickUp can be very buggy and you need to routinely refresh to see changes you may have made which is frustrating. This is the downside of a business that introduces features rapidly which is a positive and a negative

Natascia
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Like But Not Love

Reviewed on 2024-03-26

It is a pretty good system with a lot of options but it needs a bit of help as it is a bit glitchy.

Pros

ClickUp is absolutely great in that there are many little things you can do with it from setting tasks to assigning multiple subtasks as well.

Cons

It is glitchy when setting up boards as it can take time for things to properly show up.

• Industry: Human Resources

The task management functionality makes all the deliverables easy to manage

Reviewed on 2024-03-05

Pros

Compared with other project management tools, I find Clickup to have more functions that are easier to integrate within internal processes. As someone who works with colleagues globally, the task management functionality makes the deliverables easy to manage.

Cons

I wish the mobile app is easier to use.

Future of Project Management

Reviewed on 2024-04-15

Pros

I love automation and how you can make any project's workflow go seamlessly without having to build a custom solution.

Cons

Some of the employees did not know English, and the Spanish version was not available until recently, resulting in a lot of errors.

Notion

monday.com and Asana
Steve

Podcast/E-Learning Production Awesome-ness

Reviewed on 2024-04-08

It's the program I was looking for, and I don't use a team (yet), which is where it's spending most of its development time (understandably). If/when I am prepared to expand my business, ClickUp will still be the tool.

Pros

GANTT charts and dependencies, timelines and warnings, reminders of steps and re-usable templates episode by episode, online lesson production to next, ClickUp does what I need it to. Anything else is a stand-alone spreadsheet in comparison.

Cons

The initial interface for a new user is truly intimidating, and it doesn't have to be. ClickUp University does a fair job of leading folks through (but it was incomplete when I began using it). So prepare for a period of time for learning its functional power and versatility--and definitely engage the user communities on social media who are very helpful. Recommendations: Design an onboarding experience that shows a more rudimentary interface that increases in complexity as the user gets comfortable and engages new options; right now, it's the opposite: showing everything and having users slim down what they don't need.

Laban

All-in-one solution to simplify project management

Reviewed on 2024-03-21

We have had a great experience with clickup since it has brought about organization and order in our task and project management which has enhanced efficiency.

Pros

I appreciate its customizable nature that enables us to modify our project management workflows according to our project strategies. Its time tracking capabilities have been instrumental in helping us to estimate the time required for each task which enables us to save on time and resources.

Cons

Its mobile application has a lot of room for improvement in its functionality so as to enhance the productivity of project management on the go.

Marietta
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Excellent task tracker and reminder for higher education organization

Reviewed on 2024-03-15

After using it for over a years, ClickUp is actually quite easy to operate once I have passed the learning curves. It can do more operation better than our previous solutions.

Pros

Task management robust tools and customize option to change and color tagging for every project and daily tasks. It allow users to track task progress easily by seeing its color representative.

Cons

Cluttered and overwhelming menus when I first using and experiencing the software. Need a good two weeks to get comfortable with all the system structure and navigate all the tools that contain in the platform.

Okoth

All-in-one solution for team productivity

Reviewed on 2024-04-29

Pros

ClickUp offers us the possibility to design custom workflows and views thus providing us with a personalized experience. The all-inclusive reporting and analytics capabilities help you and your team get useful insights into what has been accomplished so far and your best-performing team members, which allows data-based decision-making.

Cons

Despite the fact that mobile app is sometimes less productive when compared to the computer version, the tasks can be performed with ease by diversifying the functionality of mobile app.

Practical alternative for small teams on a limited budget

Reviewed on 2019-08-11

Pros

- Free hosted version available
- Can organize tasks into different lists
- Good amount of flexibility with custom statuses and lists
- Easy to import existing data from lots of other tools

Cons

- Rigid hierarchy of spaces / projects / lists is unnecessary for smaller projects and potentially limiting for larger ones
- Transitioning tasks between lists isn't as smooth as it could be

Jira

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I didn't like that there wasn't a natural way to filter data down in Trello. I wanted to be able to maintain a backlog separately from tasks I was actively working on to avoid cluttering up the view. However, in Trello, the only options were to use different lists, which can't be hidden, or to use separate boards completely, which was too disjointed for my liking. ClickUp was a better fit for this workflow.J

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I considered JIRA among other options because it has good functionality for managing a backlog separately from active works in progress. The hosted version is cheap and they do have a self-hosted version that doesn't have a recurring fee, but I was trying to avoid paying a monthly fee and I didn't have a spare machine available for the self-hosted version. ClickUp gave me the functionality I was looking for without having to pay a monthly fee, so it was a better choice for me.

Informal Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2019-10-11

Overall ClickUp is pretty good. I certainly have no outstanding negatives to mention, I simply haven't found it to be anything like indispensable, yet. I would be delighted if it turns out to be useful enough to become so, but so far ClickUp is just a slightly more sophisticated list manager.

Pros

ClickUp is immediately accessible to the new user, and offers the functionality that I was looking for in what I'm calling 'informal project management software'. In my work I am regularly tasked with solo projects that often stretch out over months, solving business infrastructure challenges and forwarding long-term wants to bring the desired outcomes to fruition. I needed a tool that allowed me to record the extremely varied elements without having a structure that forced me to adapt my adaptations to the tool. ClickUp is flexible enough to use in this context. I had tried a fair amount of other solutions which didn't work for me, for whatever reason. So far so good with ClickUp

Cons

I'm using the free tool, and so am lacking access to some of the more powerful tools, like Gantt Charts. I have not yet bonded sufficiently with ClickUp to take seriously the idea of paying for it; it is currently just a pretty to-do list. That's the minimum I need it to be, but if I get interested in some of the other tools who knows?

Cherry
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

I switched to ClickUp and Never Looked Back

Reviewed on 2020-10-20

I explored so many tools related to Project Management and my team's task monitoring for years. But, it felt incomplete. There are features that other platforms has but was never rolled into one. When I came across ClickUp, i tried its free account. I fell in love immediately. It did not take me long to avail the paid account. I was surprised it did not stop there. They have been continuously evolving. All new features came from feedback they get from their customers. So, yes - i love that they listen to customers. And all features they deploy are adding value. Sorry if its all praises, ClickUp never paid me to do this *i swear*. I pay for their product and i'm soooo satisfied. Happy customer here.

Pros

It continuously evolving. It never stopped progressing and all those that they have been adding are all added value. I'm truly amazed how this tool have been helping me track all projects and initiatives we have been handling the past year. It made it easy for me to check in with my team and track down our progress on each individual tasks. This tool gives us strong collaboration and connection especially now that we are all working from home.

Cons

I super love this product but if there's anything i love the least is i hope they improve gantt / timeline view further as well as the Form view.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

It felt like Trello was limited on the project management side of things.

Katie

Love ClickUp

Reviewed on 2022-04-15

I've been using ClickUP for 2+ years, and am very pleased with the product, and for the features included at a very reasonable price. I look forward to some autoamtion updates, but overall I'm so glad for this tool as my business hub.

Pros

ClickUp is the spot for all your business projects, project management, managing a remote team, etc. I have been able to grow and scale my business because of ClickUp.

Cons

Some of the automations have been clunky recently. Could use a few improvements there, along with the mobile app.

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Asana didn't have the repeating transactions like I needed.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Better overall features and had needed annual tasks setup I needed. I manage events and have things that have to happen at the same time each year, and ClickUP set that up the best.
Anastacia

ClickUp Works!

Reviewed on 2022-09-21

Overall ClickUp is the one-stop shop for all things related to task, time, and project management. Our company doesn't have to go out and get a tool for time management in addition to project management. Nope, everything is all bundled into one large system and it makes it so much easier to become familiar with.

Pros

I love that this tool offers so very many solutions for my company's needs. From employee time tracking to task management to project communication, the platform is terrific! It enables everyone from upper management to entry-level to be held accountable for the overall workflow and success of our clients. ClickUp has so many features that you can get a little lost in the shuffle but it gives the peace of mind that it'll do whatever you need it to so long as you spend a little time in the system setting it up the way you need it.

Cons

It can be a little too easy to get lost if you use a lot of features and boards as our company does. This is why we designated specific individuals to be in charge of the management of that department/ area of service within the ClickUp management system.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Anastacia!

Keith
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

not that great

Reviewed on 2022-10-31

not very good, it didn't integrate well with anything, was hard to use, the reporting and notifications were annoying and became not used at all

Pros

it was a project tracker that has some options

Cons

didn't follow agile or other methodologies, though very flexible, but also annoying with the administrator features

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Keith!

We truly appreciate the time that you are taking to share details about your experience!

We know it's frustrating when anything falls short of expectations.

We want ClickUp to be your go-to productivity platform, so when we miss the mark, we want to make it right. That's why we have a continued focus on hiring top-tier talent to expand our engineering teams so we can consistently deliver the delightful experiences you demand.

Innovation is also paramount, and we strive to deliver weekly releases that deliver game-changing features to boost your productivity.

We value your feedback and want you to know we're listening.

It's a long road ahead as we work to make the world more productive.

We would love another opportunity to work with you! Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected] to discuss the available resources.

Thank you for choosing ClickUp so we can be a part of this journey together!

Amit

• Customer Support Software

One of the best and most affordable project management tool

Reviewed on 2022-12-11

I had a great experience using ClickUp for project management. It is a very user-friendly tool that has helped me to keep track of my projects and tasks. I have found it to be very helpful in organizing my work and keeping me on track. It has also been a great help in collaborating with other team members. Overall, I have found ClickUp to be a very valuable tool for managing my work.

Pros

I love ClickUp as a project management tool for our team. I like how it's user-friendly and how it allows me to easily keep track of my projects. The best feature that we use is the custom properties. I can make notes about my tasks and then I can pull them up in the future to see how long I worked on that task and other details about that project. It's helpful for us to stay on top of our projects and we can easily create and manage them all in one place. I would definitely recommend ClickUp to any team.

Cons

For someone who isn't familiar with technology, it can be daunting to see all the features available in ClickUp. However, I didn't find any major issues with the product.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Amit!

Nia

• Customer Support Software

I absolutely love ClickUp! Have Been Using it for Years and Won't Go Back!

Reviewed on 2023-11-30

I'm a ClickUp Stan! I use ClickUp for just about everything and don't plan to stop anytime soon. It works amazingly and is the first thing I recommend to clients.

Pros

The functionality of it is amazing! It works great and functions at top level

Cons

It's a learning curve for some of my clients so sometimes it takes some additional hand holding. But once they get it, they love it!

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I wanted a more high powered tool with bells, whistles, and shiny features!

Trello and Asana
Keri

• Customer Support Software

It's never Monday with ClickUp - It always feels like a fantastic Friday!

Reviewed on 2019-03-20

Again, I can't tell you enough how pleased I am with ClickUp! As mentioned in my cons (which really weren't cons), I mention thoughtfully setting up your CU instance. Well... I didn't take my advice and thoroughly messed up my account. I contacted the CU service chat option and was helped by a literal expert CU employee. Not only did he unravel my stuff, he gave me some great tips and found out that he's one of the "teachers" on the CU YouTube videos that I love so much. This was great news because like most, I've has less than stellar support via chat. Not with ClickUp - everything they do is top notch.

I love using ClickUp for work, so I thought I'd create a space for my side-hustles and even another space for my household calendar and projects. Three months later and I've kept up with those spaces and even added my husband as a user! While he doesn't use all of the options, I have connected his Google calendar to our household projects and it's made so much difference! We even have our bills and budget stuff in CU. I'm sold on CU professionally and personally, so much so that you'd think I worked for ClickUp in sales. :)

This is a solid system - don't wait, dump your other PM applications and sign up with ClickUp!

Pros

I've been a user of almost every project mgmt system available. While all have their benefits, I found myself using at least three platforms for PM. They were, Monday.com, Trello, ZenDesk and we'd pepper in communication with Slack. Monday.com was our primary system and it lacked so much in the way of customizing my boards, columns and data associated. Additionally, I never felt like I had a place where all of my project items lived. With ClickUp, I have it all - including adding goals and associating tasks to them. On a regular basis the CU team releases new and exciting features. The cost is so minimal. I am in love with ClickUp!

Cons

I really don't have any cons to list. The only thing I can mention is that you USE the help documentation and even better are the YouTube videos on the CU channel. Because the application is SO ROBUST, it can take some focused time when setting up your instance of CU. The key is to understanding the hierarchy of teams, spaces, projects, lists/task, etc. Once you have that down, you can really dig in with custom fields, colors, goals and more. I recommend that you spend the first week setting up CU in small "time chunks", also, start with a pre-made template, play around, see the output and then work backwards to customize for your company. Also, you've got to indoctrinate your users with training and the benefits (time saving, $ producing, better systems, etc), or like any system, it will just be an expense and yet one more application that isn't being optimized. Have at least one CU champion on your team so that they can be a resource for the others.

James

• Customer Support Software

Robust, fully customizable project management tool

Reviewed on 2019-04-01

My overall experience has been fantastic. ClickUp has been a great tool that did exactly the things that I wanted.

I want to view each project by it's Kanban Board, but then view each day's tasks in a list. ClickUp does that. I have totally different status flows for Marketing Projects than I do for Design Projects, and another totally different status flow for Print Production. ClickUp let's me set project specific Statuses - so my marketing project can be "Running" and my print project can be "At Printers". This is HUGE in my world.

I want to assign Priorities within a project. Done - Priority Flags are native in the free version. I want to make a checklist that repeats on every marketing campaign, so that we have a QC checklist before we hit go on any campaign. And I want to save that checklist so I don't have to retype it on every project. Done - Checklist templates are native in the free version. I want to have nested tasks that have to be completed before other tasks can be cleared, and I want to see what subtasks are blocking projects. Done - task dependencies are native in the free version. I hope by now you're noticing a pattern here.

If you're at all unhappy with your current Project Management Software, try ClickUp. It probably fixes the exact thing that you don't like about your current software.

Pros

My Quick Rundown of Pros
- Very Robust System. Has tons of functionality
- Fully Customizable. With a bit of tweaking it becomes your own custom project management software.
- Great Customer Service. Very responsive with tons of help to get everything customized just for you.
- Keep Adding New Features. What was already a robust system keeps getting new tools and features.
- High Quality Free Version. They don't skimp on features for the free version. Most everything is included.

The ClickUp Team basically took all of the things I hate about other project management tools and fixed them. Some tools only allow Done/Not Done. Some are only Board Views. Some are only Task Views. Some don't have a chat feature. Some don't let you make your own categories. On and on it goes. ClickUp does everything. Literally everything. And it's all customizable. Everything can be tuned to exactly the way I need it.

If you like board views, you can have board views. If you like list views you can have list views. If you want a project status called "Waiting for Margaret's OK" you can do that. You can set ClickUp to fit your exact, custom needs. It's really incredible. The ability to customize everything to exactly what you need makes all of its robust tools actually work for your specific situation.

Cons

The best thing about ClickUp, full customization, is also it's Achilles Heel. There is a lot of stuff to customize and set up in order to get the software really running optimally. You can do just a simple Done/Not Done set up, but that seems like kind of a waste considering the options you have available.

All that set up takes time and a lot of tweaking and adjusting even after everything is set up.

Kia
  • Industry: Insurance Software

best all in one crm

Reviewed on 2022-02-08

Very easy to learn, lots of help available through the software. Also easy to find tutorials online. Very customizable and beginner friendly for a lot of industries.

Pros

customization features; softwares comes with templates for a quick start or you can start from scratch

Cons

I'm a one person business owner and I would like there to be more automations for the lower priced plans. Mine are usually used up quickly. After they are used, you have to wait until the next month to get more. As a small business owner, thats a headache as I am only one person and need many of my tasks automated daily.

Zoho CRM, Airtable, monday.com, Asana and HubSpot CRM

Cost, Clickup offers better deals

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Cost, ease of use, design aesthetics

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Sarah!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review!

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the Automations of ClickUp! We're excited to have you here from Monday.com!

If you find that you are running out of Automations each month, you can purchase extra Automations!

To do this:

1. Click on your profile avatar and choose Billing or Upgrade. Note this is only available to Workspace admins and owners.

2. Choose the automation add-on option that is right for you

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 2022-07-24

I love it.

I love it.

Pros

I love ClickUp! It's a great project management tool because it's so versatile. I can use it for managing my work projects, my personal projects, and even my to-do list. It's really easy to use, and the interface is really clean and organized. The best part is that it's totally free!

Cons

Not that I don't like, but ClickUp can be a little slow to load at times. Second, I would really like to see more customization options, such as font type and color, available. Finally, I would love to see a better way to filter tasks and projects. Right now it's a little clunky and not very user-friendly.

Taskade

ClickUp is cheaper

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I use both but ClickUp is more mature.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

Have an amazing and productive day!

Great tool for my company.

Reviewed on 2022-11-20

ClickUp is a powerful cloud-based tool for communication and project management. It can seem intimidating at first, but once you get accustomed to the user interface (especially on the free version), it will become second nature. ClickUp is an excellent choice for businesses and projects of all sizes, in all industries.

Pros

One thing I love about Clickup is the ability to make tasks dependent on others. That way, instead of having to move cards and manually check them off (which can get very time-consuming), you can just mark a task complete and the Clickup system will automatically notify the next person in line to do their part. It's honestly why our team uses Clickup because we have multiple big projects that are often too large for just one person.

Cons

As with any new software, you'll need a bit of time to get used to the interface and start learning all of its features. But don't worry, what you invest in learning now will save you a ton of time in the future. There are still some features that need to be worked on, but the developers are focused and quick with new releases.

Jira and Trello

Asana

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

Hilda N
Hilda N
  • Industry: Printing

Straightforward Platform that require No savvy tech

Reviewed on 2023-10-23

I have had an experience full of absolute happiness. With ClickUp Iam able to manage all my design batch allocated to me at the office and also do those of my personal clients. With it's intuitive easy to use features I have found it extremely useful and convenient for creation of new tasks,update my colleagues and manage my workstreams whenever, wherever

Pros

ClickUp is one of the most facile platform there is in the market. It's intuitive UI requires no prior knowledge to be able to operate it effectively because it is easy to use and setting it up is in seconds. It's price is also soo effective for any business. On the other hand ClickUp is an all in one productivity tool whose features I have found soo crucial in my workspace. With ClickUp I have multiple views I can choose from on my tasks which range from lookup for designs from website such as freepik, actual design of graphics, printing and packaging for collection by client. This gives me quality overview on all my work across the workspace where I can sort, group or filter. I am also able to plan using timelines. Allowance for customization is a plus for me. That I can adjust my it to get fit my own needs and likings from the widgets dashboard to task status. Also the templates saves you alot of adjustment time since they are inbuilt Time tracking capabilities helps me focus on work and give me the control over my time. Not to mention real time reporting from where I can create and visualize reports on progress of each task. Collaboration friction is not a thing anymore because ClickUp enhances team communication through realtime chat,white board where we can brainstorm on creative ideas , share documents and also identify who is working on which batch of printouts. Availability of ClickUp in a mobile app allow me to catch on anything about work anywhere

Cons

To be honest ClickUp has made remote working and collaboration across the graphic team enjoyable for me. I can only give it a thumbs up for that rather than complaining because everything about it is plus

Niklas
Niklas
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

ClickUp is easy to use to manage projects and tasks.

Reviewed on 2023-05-02

Assignments are more overseen and connected presently and it's simple to report and make records, I'm doing tickets more habitually presently and it unraveled the issue of overseeing arbitrary errand records and announcing them, I work on different ventures at once, all moderately comparable to each other but all with diverse due dates and prerequisites and person follow-ups. I would never keep in mind the things I require without ClickUp sparing them for me and making a difference me do my work proficiently, utilizing ClickUp implies liberating up my brain to center on the imperative things and not sitting around idly searching for subtle elements or attempting to keep in mind things, ClickUp illuminated our venture administration issues, it made a difference our groups remain on beat of ventures, it made a difference our directors remain on beat of individuals and their assignments.

Pros

Clickup is a highly quick and responsive application that includes all important functionality such as linking tickets and maintaining links, task with subtask and to-do list, and clear and rapid alerts. I honestly would not survive two minutes at work if ClickUp was not keeping track of all my duties and acting as my brain, remembering what I need to work on, what my deadlines are, where to obtain information, all the minor specific intricacies of each job area, and a thousand other things.

Cons

The disadvantage of ClickUp is that it takes a significant amount of time to understand best practices, how to configure the system, and how to adapt your business and work style to the ClickUp system. My workplace firewall restricts edit ticket sections due to socket connection or I do not know what the issue is, but it has to be addressed in such circumstances, and ticket numbering is rather arbitrary, which might be improved.