Commusoft

All-in-one job management software for field service

Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Darren
Darren

Moved from V3 to V4. Migration went smooth lots more features so glad we did it

Reviewed on 2018-10-27

the best tool we have in the company is commusoft.
excellent support and system

the best tool we have in the company is commusoft.
excellent support and system

Pros

everything from customer information to appointments to invoicing to service reminders you can make each process as simple or as detailed as you require

Cons

just getting used to new layouts and features also trying to sort out past input errors seems a bit long winded

Rob
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

I would not hesitate to recommend the software and support team at Commusoft.

Reviewed on 2019-10-11

The availability of Commusoft allows us a competitive edge as a 24/7 service provider, and ensures we remain at the forefront of advances in information technology.

Pros

Following the introduction of Commusoft into my business in 2011, Commusoft desktop and mobile platforms have allowed us to tailor their software to our specific requirements, with the ability to customise data and KPI reports and retain them to suit our business needs.
Prior to the integration of Commusoft, we used hard copy documents, accounting and certification packages to manage the business. Post 2011, Commusoft now handles this virtually paperless, with total transparency for all users.
The management of jobs for employees and sub-contractors is simplified from the point of initial customer enquiry, through to work completion and live invoicing whilst our engineers are still on site.
Existing customer service reminders are also a benefit, including the availability of customer details, appliance data, work history, photo images, etc. which saves time by allowing our engineers and administrators live shared work updates.
Live engineer status when en route to customers’ homes via vehicle fleet tracking, which customers can view through their smart phones when our engineer accepts their specific job. This is beneficial to both parties as customers are not needlessly waiting at home for our arrival, ensures our engineers are not waiting to gain access, and assists safeguarding with engineer name, photo ID, and industry certification detail availability prior to their arrival. The routine upload of live site images also aids the resolution of possible discrepancies.

Cons

Nothing that hasn’t been quickly remedied through the live assistance of the Commusoft support team.

Tracy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Commusoft v3 to v4 migration

Reviewed on 2018-10-04

Commusoft is at the core of our business - the diary is at the heart of every job, every day.

Pros

Much-improved features and design compared to v3

Cons

Difficult to say, as still getting used to it - finding it hard to navigate exactly where I want to go and see exactly the information I want to see, but this may be largely down to needing more time on it.

Response from Commusoft

Hi Tracy,
We're glad to hear you're liking our new features and design of v4. With regards to learning the new system, it can take time but you have plenty of tools at your disposal within need help, webinars, and email support. Please get in touch if you need any help navigating around and out support team will be more than happy to help.

Chris

• Customer Support Software

Wow!!! This is not a software update this is a supercharge of an already great system.

Reviewed on 2019-03-09

I hate writing reviews but would have felt guilty not to give credit where due with Commusoft.

The...

The team at Commusoft and their level of service have have always been top notch! You ask - they help. Commusoft have listened to us and have developed this software accordingly to what we need - and more.
My transition to V4 was seamless and very well structured from the trial, right through to the installation and follow up support. The tutorials and online help are comprehensive.
Throughout my dealings with Commusoft, I have always felt like a valued customer and not another "number" talking to someone on the phone who doesn't care and can't wait to get you off the phone and close off the job you have asked them to help with. That make a difference and hope that will not change with the inevitable continued success of their product!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Pros

It's a fantastic piece of software that makes all aspects of running of my business so easy. I have used Commusoft for 6 years now and this latest version is even more powerful than i ever expected. Other than the improved interface on both desktop and mobile platforms the flexibility to shape this software to your own business needs is great. I particularly like the reporting function where any data reports you may want are available for you to customise and save for future use as your "own" reports. Its hard to imagine how I coped without this software using separate spreadsheets, documents, accounting and certification packages to run my business when Commusoft does it all and make it so easy. The management of jobs for yourself and employees is so easy from the initial enquiry to completion and invoicing. Maintaining your existing business with service reminders is great and the ability to have your customer details and appliance data, work history etc at your fingertips is also great, saving time and offering your customer that "personal feeling" I can talk forever about this software but won't bore you but lastly the other feature I really will benefit from on this new version is the previously monotonous task of contacting Tenants for access!! This is made so simple in Commusoft.

Cons

I've run out of space so as there are no negatives Ill continue with the Pros:
I will be adding the vehicle tracking feature to offer my customers the flexibility to see where we are in relation to their property so they can "pop out to the shop" knowing they will not risk missing us. More of a PR thing in my case I suppose but also great for slotting in an emergency job for engineers in the same area. Maybe bringing our industry "up to date"

In summary Commusoft is my best friend and can't imagine running my Plumbing and Heating business without it!!

Selena

Amazing

Reviewed on 2022-10-04

Brilliant, love it

Brilliant, love it

Pros

Very easy to use, store all the info a business like ours could need, integrates with Xero and Stripe which save us lots of time, no need for any paperwork, could not live without it.

Cons

Only minor annoyances.... Doesn't seem to work well on mac (home computer) not sure if this is my computer though or if I'm doing something wrong but it has lots of buttons missing and only half a screen etc... the engineers complain about the app sometimes, the diary being on the complete wrong day, I have noticed its a lot better since it has been updated. It takes 4 clicks to print 1 invoice! You cant amend service sheets from the office, I understand why but its very annoying when they have done one mistake like not clicked rented. You cant see feedback on the diary when you hover over each job, you have to type in every job number into another tab as when you click view job from the diary you loose your dairy day so have to keep going clicking back to the diary, please let us see feedback from the diary when you hover over the event. This is one of my biggest hates about commusoft, when you open the side bar eg view diary event from the job page, if you want to close that side panel this comes up, and you have to click this to close it, really hate this. Are you sure you want to close side panel? Yes No, it would be so much better it you could just click off it like you can when you open a service cert, you can view it then click the main page and it just closes (emails do it as well, really annoying)

Angela
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

An incredible learning experience the whole process has been conducted efficiently and...

Reviewed on 2017-08-22

The most important benefit is being able to relieve the Director of all the admin tasks that he has been doing up until this point. To streamline the whole procedure from taking the initial call to the job being completed and invoiced. Having all the revelvent information for every customer in one easy to access package will prove to be invaluable in the future. Information being available to all engineers quickly and easily. Completing everything in a professional and efficient manner. To be able to develop and grow the business with a more productive system in place.

Pros

The versatility of the software is incredible, it covers every aspect of what we need as a business to enable us to evolve and develop. The Xero integration is very impressive and has made the process of invoicing and payments very straightforward, even linking the customers was actually really easy. The system is overall very easy to use with help every step of the way with the help manager I usually find what I need to assist me. Having everything in one place will be very beneficial and as I progress with the system it will enable the business to achieve its full potential. The reason I wanted this software was to take as much of the admin work from the Director so that he can focus more on the job and development of the company, which this system I believe will help us achieve. I am not experienced in software packages as such, however, this software has really impressed with how easy it has been for me to grasp the basics. I am sure in time we will wonder how we ever coped without it. Everything is easily accessible and the layout and format very easy to use and pleasing to the eye. We have had a lot more estimates accepted since using the software as it gives the customers confidence in us due to the way everything is now presented to them via Commusoft. The reporting is a very useful and easy to use function, which is one of my favourite aspects of the software. Overall I am very impressed with the software and very happy I decided to go with Commusoft.

Cons

Its hard to say what I like least about the software at the moment as I havent personally come across anything negative at this point.

Aaron

Good software system

Reviewed on 2023-10-06

Good system very little downtime or breaks in service

Good system very little downtime or breaks in service

Pros

Fairly easy to use with handy support feature

Cons

Sometimes feel support doesn't really answer the question you're asking. Can be a bit complicated to use and lots of features are unused. Have to fit how we work to software system not it work around us

Danny

Great software

Reviewed on 2023-10-02

Pros

using this software makes managing multiple engineers much easier saving me time for more important tasks

Cons

there's not much to not like, its a basic software that does what i need

Lisa

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use - keeps records up to date

Reviewed on 2023-11-09

Pros

User friendy
Stores all information in one place
Mobile use

Cons

No concerns - Used this package for many years always happy with it.

Commusoft review

Reviewed on 2018-11-16

Commusoft has become the one-stop shop for our company's workflow management, CRM and reporting. The more we learn about it, and the more it develops, the more we see that it has to offer and help improve how we work

Pros

easy of use - very straight forward so minimal training required to get staff using the system

Cons

some restrictions in adaptability, resulting in it not delivering exactly what we required. However, the support and development staff are keen to listen to suggestions, and amendments have been made on the back of this

Marcus

• Customer Support Software

Great software but if you leave your stuffed

Reviewed on 2020-09-15

Very helpful at the start but if you leave then not interested. Would never put all my customer information to another IT company without doing my own customer database. Thanks for nothing Commusoft!!!

Pros

The software has lots of great features and once you have got used to the menus and features and can improve productivity. As a small business with 1 employee passing and updating the engineers jobs was good and planning the jobs ahead was great. I had QuickBooks linked to the Commusoft

Cons

Unfortunately when the Commusoft was linked to my QuickBooks it somehow doubled every customer in QuickBooks, Commusoft rectified but I still have a load of deleted customers even now. Also response to software issues was slow if your not on the premium service plan. As a small business I unfortunately lost my engineer and was operating as a sole trader but Commusoft would not reduce the charge for one user and so had to pay for 2 users. Upon deciding this wasn’t cost effective we left Commusoft and all databases deleted and some data files sent to us in computer data but no real information on customers that was stored with Commusoft. I have lost thousands on missed gas Certs since leaving. No help at all to find data on clients.

Keith

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021-07-19

We've been using Commusoft for a number of years now and have also found the team to be very helpful and knowledgeable.
The system is great, it helps reduce admin time and keeps the job statuses up to date.

Pros

It's portable so you can see what's going on from anywhere with internet.
You can capture a lot of information about jobs.
Ease of use when booking jobs

Cons

We sometimes find the job locations on the map are way out and as we work a lot in the countryside the mobiles don't always sync straight away.

Rebecca

• Customer Support Software

Commusoft has revolutionise the way we work

Reviewed on 2020-09-10

Reduced admin time with diary management and invoicing

Reduced admin time with diary management and invoicing

Pros

We've been using Commusoft since December 2019 and with 6 engineers out on different jobs it has streamlined office time spent in diary management and invoicing not to mention the history building on each property of all the jobs carried out and appliances in situ.

No more handwritten and lost certificates everything is all stored in one place.

It integrates really well with Xero accounting system. The training and set up support made the transition at our busiest time of year really easy.

It's well work every penny we pay for it.

Cons

Some parts require too many click steps to carry a task - i.e. sending an invoice

Simpro

Reasons for Switching to Commusoft

Recommendations from others
Suzanne

Excellent Customer Management Tool

Reviewed on 2020-12-22

Pros

Although Commusoft has been used by our company for a few years, I have only used it in the last 4 months. I find the software very intuitive. If I struggle to find out if something can or can't be done my first point of contact is the help section. This is great as you often come across things that you hadn't thought about yet and implement to improve / streamline your company's processes.

If the help section doesn't give me what I need the Commusoft team are only ever an email away. Their response times are usually within a couple of hours. If you have a bespoke request they are more than happy to work with you to implement this.

Would highly recommend this package to anyone in this line of business.

Cons

I haven't worked with it long enough to come across anything I don't like about the software yet.

Raj

• Customer Support Software

Commusoft helped us save time spent doing admin work, helped us manage our customers better.

Reviewed on 2018-06-05

Pros

Working with Commusoft has been a great experience from the start. The training has been fantastic and made sure we knew what we were doing. When they upgraded us to their new system although it was very different they made sure we were trained again on all the changes. The new version is a massive upgrade, so we are very happy with that.

We use most of the features everyday - setting up customers, sending service reminders, invoicing and filling in certs. We just started using the MailChimp integration which means we can send marketing emails to all our customers, which is really improving our customer service

Cons

There is so many features that it can be a bit overwhelming, but having the support available an email away means we can always get help.

Adam
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Commusoft is great

Reviewed on 2021-10-03

In my opinion, this specific product is good user friendly. you do have to take time and invest in trying to understand the methods and process is that already exists within the software and have a clear understanding with regards to how you would like the software to operate with those two things in mind you can approach their customer support team that can talk you through implementations.

Pros

What I liked was the ability to be able to repurpose already set up systems that can be utilised in my specific way for my business.

Cons

As with all software, there are some limitations that exist within the software I have also used to competitors software over the years and I have found commusoft to be the best value for money and the better product

Sebastian

Never looked back

Reviewed on 2019-07-23

Back in 2014 I had a real issue convincing my business partner to leave his old fashioned paper diary behind and now 5 years later I cant believe there are still people not using Commusoft (although speaking to other Engineers on training courses I would estimate 1 in 4 use Commusoft now).

Pros

So meany features that makes life so easy - really love the online booking feature and online payment system makes life so much easier

Cons

So much to learn - unless you want to pay for training be prepared it can take months if not years to fully appreciated and utilise all of the features in Commusoft

CHARLEY
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Invaluable in assisting with day to day tasks

Reviewed on 2019-07-22

Commusoft takes the stress and hard labour out of many office tasks, everything is in one place, making the day to day running of the office as smooth and pleasant as possible. I would highly recommend Commusoft.

Pros

simple and easy to use, have never experienced any issues and someone has always been the other end of the phone and or an email to assist with anything i have been unsure of.

Cons

I have no complaints, I look forward to discovering new features.

Sam

Happy Commusoft Customer

Reviewed on 2020-11-16

My experience of using Commusoft has been a very positive one.

My experience of using Commusoft has been a very positive one.

Pros

Commusoft is very easy to use and it meets our current business needs. We have been using this system for a number of years now and would highly recommend it to others.

Commusoft offer great support and always get back to me within a day and then follow up to make sure that everything has been resolved.

Commusoft continues to be developed and improved upon which is also a positive.

Cons

I have no issues at all. The software does everything that I need it to do.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Professional from the start, Commusoft have got a great product backed up by a very thorough...

Reviewed on 2018-05-15

Pros

The ability to manage your business in one package whether a large company or small. The software has been designed for trade professionals, it is very extensive and constantly being updated, Commusoft team are willing to listen to their customers for input and potential idea's. Being such a complete package means there is a lot to learn, and although the training may seem costly on the surface of it, once you have had the training you can understand why you need it, there is so much you can do to tailor the software around your company. One of the rep was amazing at going through all the features, and although there are some complicated sections, she was patient and thorough which meant we got the most from the training. The backup is excellent, they respond via email or phone promptly and always make sure that the question/query is dealt with.

Cons

The cost of the packages and the training means you have to make sure this is the right software for your company, however when looking at the training, once you have been through the training you understand why the cost is what it is. As usual, you pay for what you get. This is a tailored piece of software.

Suzanne

Small business game changer

Reviewed on 2021-09-01

Pros

We have used Commusoft for over 10 years now and it has changed the way we work. Job records for all our clients helps our engineers with technical history when they are on site; helps the office team manage estimating, invoicing and reporting; which ultimately benefits our clients.

Cons

It doesn't always do what you need it to do but you have a direct route to raise issues and requests for software changes but they do not always happen quickly.

Jodie
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Happy user

Reviewed on 2018-11-15

Although we had a few teething problems after changeover from v3 to v4 support were very quick and helpful with advice and instructions.

I would recommend commusoft, especially to small businesses which are just starting out as it is not too overwhelming.

Pros

Once you get to grips with it, it is very simple to use
The software has always been reliable
The changeover from V3 to V4 run very smoothly
Customer support are very quick and efficient

Cons

Invoices cannot be edited once sent
Addresses cannot be edited

Steve

SR Hall ltd review of Commusoft

Reviewed on 2022-03-09

Absolute brilliant software and works well in our company.

Absolute brilliant software and works well in our company.

Pros

We like the way it Integrated with our accounts package and the ease of transferring data form Commusoft to Sage. The programme is also useful in planning your workload for the day and week ahead.
You are also able to keep clients up to date with all works going on and keeping all materials updated and costed.

Cons

Set up was a bit tricky but support were brilliant.

Lynn

Clever & time saving software

Reviewed on 2021-06-08

Excellent and friendly staff and very helpful

Excellent and friendly staff and very helpful

Pros

Very easy to adapt to - lots of things it can do but equally if you don't need or want the extra functionality then you don't need to use it - keeps things simple! Game Changer

Cons

There are still lots of things i need to adapt or personalised and being a techno phobe can be daunting - and now getting the time to do it whislt using it (but thats really down to me and my time management)

Richard

good product

Reviewed on 2020-10-23

is a good service

is a good service

Pros

we love the way everything is integrated and all under one roof

Cons

unless the higher package is purchased then there is no telephone support but they are very good at emailing replies