4.7
4.5
Thierry L.
Industry: Translation & Localization
Company size: Self Employed

Great, discrete app, which I use to assess my profitability and time spent on specific tasks

Reviewed on 2020-06-25

I personally like my apps for not getting in the way, which TimeCamp does perfectly. I created tasks organized in projects (areas) in order to assess my profitability on specific projects for my clients (but not invoiced based on time) to deduce an hourly rate, and to check time spent on other specific tasks such as accountancy, mails, etc. For not being a paid user, I need to compile collected data by hand, but I see the subscription plan lets you personalize the output, and communicates with 3rd party tools/apps which is great for integration with your workflow.

Pros

I doesn't pop up windows, its icon simply sits in the taskbar, it's very easy to use yet quite complete, it's web-based interface is also nice to use.

Cons

Feature requests, even simple ones, are slow to implement. The GitHub canal doesn't seem quite lively.

Jack B.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

A simple-to-use yet powerful time tracking solution

Reviewed on 2021-01-07

It's a great product that has a straightforward but robust interface. TimeCamp delivers on what it says it's going to do.

Pros

I love that you can create parent tasks and child tasks so that your client knows exactly what portion of the project you were working on and for how long. The summary and detailed reports are easy to read and give you a great overview of where you're spending your hours. The "Start Timer" feature is great for punching a virtual time clock, and the fact that the time runs in your browser time is a great visual reminder that you're on the clock for a specific task. You can also identify billable vs. non-billable tasks, which is helpful for tracking overall hours vs. those you can bill the client for.

Cons

Starting the browser timer requires two clicks, and sometimes I think I've started a timer when in reality I haven't.

Shana P.
Industry: Design

Company has disreputable billing practices

Reviewed on 2020-08-26

Well it was great until the billing issue noted above. Now I feel like they are disreputable.

Pros

Our staff like the ease of use of the product for time tracking.

Cons

Billing practices. Apparently they do not offer refunds. In the beginning we were paying monthly, but switched to annual billing. We realized when renewal came around that 1/2 our users were no longer using the software so we cancelled those users. However, when I contacted the company about a refund, they said they would hold the credit toward future subscriptions (but we are moving away from Timecamp so this is not helpful), but they do not offer refunds. So in other words, they are taking our money for something we aren't using. If we had stuck with monthly billing, this would not have been a problem. So word of warning - stick with monthly billing so you can cancel and avoid the issue we had.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Ryan L.
Industry: Design

I hate tracking time but for the invoices I must

Reviewed on 2019-10-15

Other than the blips at times, I like Timecamp. It works and because I can go back and edit recorded times makes the world of difference.

Pros

I've been using Timecamp as an extension to Trello and it's made life so much easier. I can track time on a project at the click of a button and stop that timer in the very same way.

Cons

On Trello I sometimes click stop and think it stopped but then it did not. Like all softwares there's a part of it that doesn't always function because of a weird blip.

Susan L.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: Self Employed

Amazing Time Keeping Software!

Reviewed on 2020-06-20

I love this program. It is easy to use and easy to find where your time is for billing. I have really been able to keep on top of my hours with the functionality of this program!

Pros

I like the ease of adding and adjusting time. Being able to add notes is a great feature. I also like that it is web based so that I can use it out at a client's site and with a desktop feature for in-office work!

Cons

I have used other software that if you are away from your computer for a time, it prompts you by asking what you were doing. I would love that feature here too as this is a far better program for ease of use and time recording.

Julie B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Finally! Time tracking that works as hard as I do

Reviewed on 2016-10-27

While I'm working as a freelancer at the moment, I ran a creative agency for many years and managed multiple teams of both internal and remote employees. It was impossible to get an accurate view of how we were spending our time. As a result, our proposal process was always a bit off, billing was inconsistent, and forecasting was a nightmare. We tried most of the online and networked solutions, but they relied too heavily on the individuals manually entering their activity, correctly assigning work to clients and projects according to the structure we set up, and simply starting/stopping the tool.

TimeCamp solves all of these problems with multiple layers of granularity and control, but it's still flexible! For the individuals who are already good at tracking their time, you can dial it down to accommodate their style. For those who need some extra help, the system can be fully automated to capture everything they do and even assign it to the right account based upon their activity and keywords. The thing I like most is the productivity reporting! I'm a pretty 'seasoned' professional, but it showed me A LOT about how I was using my time and where I get bogged down. Now I've started fixing the problems and improving my numbers. It's actually become a kind of fun game for me!

On ease of use, I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 because it is a little labor intensive to get things set up. If there are wrinkles in your timekeeping processes, you'll definitely find them. But once you get the hang of it (it doesn't take long!), the system is kind of amazing. In terms of day-to-day use, there's really nothing easier.

Pros

So flexible: From manual to fully automated, you can decide how to capture time and details.

Cons

A bit tricky and time-consuming in the setup stage, but well worth the effort.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Julie,
Thank you so much for this exhaustive review and high rating! We're pleased to know that you decided to track time and increase your team's productivity with TimeCamp after trying many other solutions! We're still trying to make our tool even more efficient and comprehensive because we believe that time tracking is the key to success when it comes to employee time management.
The reporting feature is special, because based on the reports we know how productive we exactly are. That's why they are such detailed.
Wishing you lots of other profitable projects tracked with our tool!

Justin C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great product, still a few kinks, but improving daily

Reviewed on 2016-08-18

TimeCamp is very good software and I find the window title tracking as a good tradeoff for tracking everything I and my employees do without getting too invasive. It is especially useful since much of the work I do is hourly under contract, so if I switch tasks and forget to change my tracker, I can always adjust and reconstruct later based on window tracking.

They offer many useful integrations with software use including Google Calendar, JIRA, Trello, Zendesk and more.

There are still a few kinks in their platform, but they are working hard to improve it and are very helpful and accommodating when I've pointed out bugs. They even spent a bunch of manual programming time to import 3 years of historical records for me.

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a time tracking product, especially one for remote teams who bill hourly.

Pros

It is very easy to use and allows me to calculate timesheets after the fact based on computer usage. The integrations to multiple systems allow me to bill against specific external tasks or tickets which makes invoicing a breeze. I especially like their shared reports feature as I can just email my clients a link with their invoice and they can inspect timesheets, without having to copy them to Excel or give them access to the platform.

Cons

Their software is still buggy in places. Their Linux client is a joke and their mobile app could be more functional. There are also some small bugs in their web frontend. For example, the page refreshes after you add a time entry or randomly while selecting computer activities. They've also had a bit of downtime.

With all that said, they are a small company and are very accommodating. They've assured me they've recently hired new developers and I've already seen it in the quality of their program.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Justin,
Thank you so much for the review and your kind words!
We're still doing our best to improve TimeCamp and make it easier and even more intuitive for our users. That's why we're happy to know that you utilize lots of its features and they help you manage time in a better way. About the cons - they are really serious, so thank you for mentioning them. We're working on something special, so please be patient - this will be an amazing change!

Mitchell H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Freelancer's best choice in tracking/monitoring their time

Reviewed on 2016-09-04

I've tried about a dozen different online and offline products for tracking/monitoring my time as a freelancer. Many of them have very good features, but I found that Timecamp had the best features that really matter for freelancers and other areas of use.

One of the best things I like about Timecamp is the ability of the client widget to automatically switch between the clients that I work for, and accurately track how much time I spend on each of my clients' projects.

Pros

Accurate and automatic time tracking.
Automatic switching/tracking of clients and project.
Many useful reports.
Widget shows which client/product you are currently working on
Easily switch between automatic and manual time tracking.
Invoicing
Setup and forget - after it's setup, there's very little you need to do.

Cons

It would be nice to have a customer portal, where clients can log in and see invoices and time entries.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Mitchell,
Thank you so much for the review and high rate! It's so nice to see that TimeCamp works for you perfectly. Glad to see that you utilize the widget - it was designed to make switching between tasks without any effort. About the portal you've proposed - everything you need you can find in your account.
Stay tuned - we're turning into something special.
Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp!

Luka B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

the best time/project tracking program I used so far - with a few UX glitches.

Reviewed on 2016-09-12

I haven't tried paid version - kind of expensive for eastern Europe.

Really like the app, but I find it really confusing and hard to attach unknown activities to labeled tasks.

Also I somehow don't know how the automatic task detection works, since I am afraid to try it. If it will be wrong, I don't have time to correct it's mistakes. Maybe you should add a parallel track, so users can compare to automatic detection versus their log (I also do mistakes in logging - forgot to switch tasks, etc).
Actually - the best feature would be that it reminds me that I forgot to switch the tasks when it finds discrepancy. You should give me credits for 2 really good ideas;)

Pros

Omnipresence, works from all computers and does it's job well - how many hours I worked on what.

Cons

- Coplicated to assign non-labeled chunks of time to specific tasks
- I forget to switch tasks sometimes
- cost of trying auto detection too high. If it does it wrong, I don't have time to fix it

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Luka,
Thanks for your rate and review. Great that you've mentioned the features which are missing according to your needs. We'll think about them definitely, because hearing what our users expect from the tool is the first think that define the changes.
Please stay tuned - we're now turning into something special!

Gerson C.

An essential application in your life and company

Reviewed on 2018-03-13

When you want to have control of your schedule and that of your employees, knowing how long each person takes a task and thus be able to measure individual effectiveness and as a team, this application is perfect for that.

Pros

It is an escensial application for your personal life and business, it helps you to visualize and reflect on what you invest your time, how long it takes for a task and so know how long it will take for the next time, this also applies to work teams, you can see how long it takes each person in a task, make comparisons, measure times, offer specific development times to your clients since you know how long each task will take and you can also monitor if an employee loses time in things that are work-related, it is escensial.

Cons

For employees can see it as an invasion of personal space, because if you arrive saying that they are losing a certain amount of time on X page they will feel watched and this can bring displeasure to the team, these consequences should be well measured.

Response from TimeCamp

Hi Gerson,
Thank you so much for kind words and rating!
Happy to see you found our tool useful for your business.
Best,

Michel H.

Great Time Management Tool

Reviewed on 2016-09-14

We have been using Timecamp for a number of years. We wattched the product grow while our own company was growing. Time is a critical component of our service. With almost 40 employees in my organization, it is critical to have accurate time tracking for our projects. Timecamp has been an important tool in our workflow.

Pros

- Time Reporting is very detailed
- Available across multiple platforms
- Ability to track offline time and Non Productive time

Cons

No cons, but i would to see more functionality in the following areas:
- Need option to group projects by accounts
- Need option to define Non Billable projects/accounts/tasks, and report on them
- Need ability to enter manually offline time/approve it and show it in reports.
- More APIs and integrations

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Michel,
Thank you so much for reviewing TimeCamp. I'm pleased to see that our software is a significant part of your company and you've stayed with is for that long time. We're thankful for all the improvements you've mentioned - we'll try to develop them in the near future, because the tool is turning into a something special soon.

P G.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Best Employee Time Tracker Ever!

Reviewed on 2016-09-12

I have worked for several did companies large an small and many of them have overly complicated, clunky, and time wasting, employee time management software. They spend hundreds to thousands of dollars for these custom build management platforms that perform terribly and are likely not kept up with and out of date. Not to mention, they sometimes only work in one browser. Quite frankly, they are dumb, and wasting not only their employee's time, but, as a result, their own time and money. I cannot recommend this software enough, because I am sick of working for places that waste my time because their time entry system sucks!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to report, easy to manage your employees time, it just works and time entry takes seconds, also they respond to bug reports, and fix them!

Cons

Needs internet connect? I have yet to see a con worth noting.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear user,
Hello Jeff,
Thank you so much for the review! We're so happy that you've found our tool and its features useful and easy-to-use!
Wishing you lots of another profitable projects tracked with our tool, especially because we're turning into something special!

Ben M.
Industry: Management Consulting

Good Consulting Tool

Reviewed on 2016-09-12

I've been using TimeCamp to help with timesheets as part of my role at a large environmental consulting firm. I can often have twenty to thirty projects on the go at any time, and need to balance accurately billing time associated with each project to the right project numbers / references, and minimizing the time spent populating my timesheet. TimeCamp makes a good tool to reference what you were working over the course of a day, particularly when its used with your calendar (outlook, iphone etc) and your emails.

Pros

Very easy to use, records filenames to make it easier to pick up on what you were engaged with, integrates with Teamwork if needed, easy to start up and easy to get others involved.

Cons

I found that the timer associated with some of the open files seems to be a little hit or miss, but since I haven't been reliant on the timer, it hasn't been an issue.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Ben,
Thank you so much for your review and rate! We're pleased that you decided to increase the productivity with our tool. Easiness and intuitiveness are our priorities, because they make TimeCamp user-friendly. Please stay tuned, because we're turning TimeCamp into something special and even more useful!

Eduardo R.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Nice speed in all fuctions at TimeCamp.

Reviewed on 2018-02-20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

TimeCamp is a very well designed software, I would dare to say that it is one of the best to take the time of work and time of each personal task, since it does so consecutively and quickly. It has benefited me a lot in my business area, since I have been able to take the time of my workers and also my work time at the same time.

Pros

What I like the most about TimeCamp is the speed with which the customer can manifest within the software, quick access to each of the functions with a simple click, I also like their functions, since we can add different things to the time taken, automatically stop the time in a limit and many other things.

Cons

I do not like the way that TimeCamp saves the previously taken time, I've been visualizing well, and I realized that TimeCamp keeps the times taken in a disorderly way, and does not order them in folders by date or anything like that, I would like this was automatic, since it would mean saving a lot of time.

Chase B.
Industry: Management Consulting

TimeCamp Is Invaluable To My Time Management

Reviewed on 2016-08-18

I have been using TimeCamp for more than a year now. I work on many projects concurrently as well as provide strategic advisory and business consultancy services. So, time is my most valuable resource. Knowing exactly where my time is spent, how much time is being utilized and how frequent the utilization is on various clients and projects becomes invaluable to me. It is easy to learn and even easier to use. It is integral with my daily processes.

Pros

Flexible. Ease of Use. Reliable.

Cons

I do not really have any Cons. It works as advertised and their service is great.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Chase!
Thank you so much for the review and feedback! We're delighted seeing that you would recommend our software to the other users. Our company do its best to help you keep the time under control more accurately - that's why we're still improving our software. Easiness and intuitiveness are the key to success, so we're even more happy when reading that the tool is easy to use for you!
Wishing you lots of great projects tracked with our software,

Bas B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great tool, makes tracking a breeze

Reviewed on 2016-09-12

We use JIRA at our company, which is great, but lacks a good time tracker.
Was a mess having to write down / track my time and have to enter it all at the end of the day.
Saves a lot of time for me and gives the company more detailed time data as it's easy to accurately keep track.

Pros

Searching for issues (JIRA) is great, and it's easy to see what you did on your system weeks later even if there was no task assigned at the time it was tracked (through the client that tracks window names).

Cons

Had some JIRA tasks missing in the past (works great now!) but no idea why. Guess documentation on this (what gets synced) would be nice, as I think it was just colleagues having messed up a project's access rights :).

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Bas,
Thank you so much for your review and rate! Pleased to see that you've decided to track time for your JIRA activities with TimeCamp. We'll try to make this integration even more easy-to-use!
Please stay tuned, because our tool is turning into something special soon.
Wishing you lots of another profitable projects tracked with our tool,

Simon A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great, especially love the Polio integration

Reviewed on 2016-08-26

I have been using to track time spent on projects within Podio. It's awesome. It helps with managing time spent on projects and has become invaluable

Pros

The integrations really save me time and combined with calculated fields in Podio give really useful results

Cons

Cost but only because I don't like spending money. I think it has probably paid for itself many many times over

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Simon,
Thank you so much for the review! Happy to read that TimeCamp works for you nicely, especially its integration with TimeCamp. We believe that our time tracking software is worth its price, but thank you so much for mentioning that this might be a problem for the users. Wishing you lots of lots of other great projects tracked with TimeCamp!

Lavanya R.

Amazing Time Tracking software

Reviewed on 2018-02-16

Pros

I like the integration with cloud-based collaboration service like Asana, Trello, Podio, It is very easy to use. We are using time camp with our business work, it is also commendable to be able to take many times at once now I able to focus better on the time because of TimeCamp. TimeCamp features are essential and we can utilize time very effectively.TimeCamp is a very good time manager on the internet.

Cons

Price of TimeTracking software is more, I think software which is only for time tracking, the price is expensive, apart from price issue TimeCamp is a great tool for many companies.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear lavanya,
Thank you so much for your review and high rating! Happy to hear you found our software useful for your business.
TimeCamp isn't just a time tracking software - it has more features helpful to bill customers accurately, like invoicing, reporting and budgeting. Have you ever tried them?
Please stay tuned, the updates are coming - they're definitely worth the price!
Best,

Sue R.
Industry: Education Management

Superb software!

Reviewed on 2016-09-01

I'm a freelance editor and I bill by the hour. This software has genuinely changed my life. I no longer have to try and find my notebook to log hours manually and then add them up at the end. I can create as many different tasks as needed, and then calculate the billable hours automatically in a matter of seconds. It's made my work life so much easier and my time use is far more efficient now. There's no more guesswork and estimation, and no more multiple notebooks and pages for different tasks and clients.

Pros

Ease of use and accuracy of time tracking.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons as yet.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Sue,
Thank you so much for the review and high rate! It's a real pleasure reading that TimeCamp works for you nicely and using it made your life much easier. Our tool was designed to help people in running their businesses without any effort, so it's great that you utilize lots of the features it is packed with!
Wishing you another profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp,

Hélder P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Time tracking by time tracking specialists

Reviewed on 2016-08-17

I've been using Timecamp since I began my activity as a freelancer. I can't work without it. Its simplicity and effectiveness were key factors for me to adopt this tool. I am recommending it to anybody needing to track time without the usability problems of other rather complex tools.

Pros

Simple to use, effective, reliable, and versatile enough for the most common time tracking needs.

Cons

Lack of offline support in the web-based version.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Hélder,
Thank you so much for the review, knowing that you utilize TimeCamp for your activities is priceless!
We're trying to make TimeCamp better and more intuitive for our users - that's why we're more han delighted reading that using out tool doesn't cause the serious problems.
Could you help us to define how the offline support should look like in your view? Please email us!

Marc H.
Industry: Market Research
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use and efficient functionality with excellent reporting / export functionality :-)

Reviewed on 2017-09-22

Pros

I am working as a Research Consultant and need Timecamp for tracking only my hours keeping tasks / budget organized and so send a Excel overview of worked hours to my clients. I was able to get it up and running for a project with a client within one hour in the free version. To create a report of my hours to be billed, I purchased a paid version. I can totally recommend Timecamp for a single freelance research consultant (single user).

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Marc,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so that your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless!

Nishanth goud A.
Industry: Computer Software

Keeps a clean record of all the different projects I 've been working on and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017-10-31

Self Evaluation of the day to differentiate between productive vs unproductive work also to observe work patterns which helps me to improve on where i am taking more time to complete specific tasks.

Pros

Really easy to switch btw diff projects and cool web dashboard with charts which makes it easy to see what you accomplished and how much time you researched etc.

Cons

UI is janking when trying to look at a specific task for today to fill in the description and the panel open closes very often.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Nishanth Goud,

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Terri M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Daily use to manage small team of developers

Reviewed on 2017-06-02

Ease of time tracking. Client invoicing is much simpler than with our previous process. The time and invoicing tools have saved me hours every month.

Pros

Easy login and time tracking - two clicks to start a task. Invoice management is a great feature. I know exactly when the client opened the invoice. Support is excellent. If there is any small problem, the development team will take care of it quickly.

Cons

Making time / project corrections can take a few tries to get to the right place to adjust the entry.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Terri,
Thank you so much for the high rating and kind words! We'll try to improve adding entries feature. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp!

Sheri M.

Great time track for companies and projects

Reviewed on 2018-07-17

Pros

Timecamp is so easy to set up and use. Makes time tracking on projects so easy. Our team loves the budget analysis capabilities. I love the graphical timesheet and manual timer.

Cons

For the functionality it offers, I would say the price tag associated is a bit high. A portal for business units or customers should be offered so they can view the work associated with their projects.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Sheri,
Thank you for your review and rating. Happy to see your team found our team useful!

Alison H.

Easy to use tool for tracking time

Reviewed on 2017-11-03

Pros

Easy to use. Works in background. Allows me to easily see my hours over different timeframes. Helpful to track how long certain tasks take.

Cons

Reports dont refresh when timer runs... have to stop timer and update report. Occasionally gets task names messed up a bit but not hard to update and fix. Would be great if it could let you know once you have gone over a certain time on a task.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Alison,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback. Make sure you stay updated with our latest news as we are constantly working on our software's improvement!