4.5
4.2
4.6
Greg T.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Not for those wanting to really look into their data

Reviewed on 2017-07-18

We use the tool to eliminate some of the data silos we have in our operations. It has wonderful functionality of bringing in multiple data sources - from social media, website analytics, POS data, etc. - into one dashboard.
We've been able to get important data, from multiple sources, into the faces of our managers every 5 minutes (that's the least amount of time between data updates). Which has allowed us to be more agile when it comes to saving money and reducing risk.
It has great flexibility and the team at Grow definitely works hard to impress. They build an integration into one of our software to make it easier to work with their system.

Pros

Their UI is awesome. I love the overall look and feel for the entire system. Graphs look updated, clean, and they are fairly easy to customize. Making the dashboards look good is fairly simple.

Cons

Not data warehousing the data is an issue. Long load times really get me frustrated with the software. It seems to take a minute to edit a metric, load a new metric, or even sometime update a metric. Updating a dashboard can take 2 minutes at times.
Drilling down and looking into the data is very underwhelming. Dashboard filters don't exist so you're stuck loading filters only to individual metrics, not the whole dashboard.
Email triggers that send reports on a set schedule are limited to only 7 am MT on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
Time zone offsets have been the death of me in the system. They use SQLite to format the data coming in but their out-of-the-box data filtering overrides all SQLite filters. It's been super frustrating trying to get the data we want.

Travis R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2021-01-20

It just works. I can rely on it to function properly at all times. Learning curve is very easy for most users.

Pros

Ease of use is the stand out pro. Reliable, fast, and error free

Cons

No big cons to report. Have heard its limited but have not come across that for my usage.

Response from Grow

Thanks for your review Travis! Great to hear that it's been easy for you and your team to use.

Brian M.

Amazing tool for combining all of your disparent data sources together into one dashboard

Reviewed on 2018-07-18

Pros

It integrates with so many softwares. If my tool is not integrated than I just use google sheets instead. I can always get data into this system and display it how I want.

Cons

I dislike the visualization options. They are pretty basic with locked down functions. It would be great if you could customize the colors on a pie chart, force a max and minimum y axis (example, I have bar graphs with accuracy as a percentage. I cannot have the top of the chart at 100%, its always 115-120%. It doesn't make alot of sense.

Its a young tool, so they are improving it constantly. I have faith this platform will only get better over time. I would def recommend it to anyone, especially on a budget and is more of a DIY BI person.

Brandon B.
  • Industry: Printing

Grow helps our business with visibility!

Reviewed on 2019-07-26

We use Grow to display our lead and lag metrics - both company wide and specific to teams. We see live data that can help us make day-to-day decisions as well as the managerial decisions. It's great!

Pros

Connects easily with the software platforms we consistently use.
Easy to learn and set up.

Cons

Spreadsheet could be a little more powerful and more functional like Excel

Effective and cost friendly for SMB

Reviewed on 2018-10-01

Grow has been transformative in allowing our organization to provide actionable insights to our external clients and enabled BI as an integral value add-on

Pros

Grow has API integrations with several sales, marketing and financial data platforms. The wide range of transforms available makes Grow accessible to a broad spectrum of technical and non-technical users.

Cons

Grow has a somewhat low ceiling in terms of scalability for external client facing reporting but is taking steps to address these challenges

Brandon N.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Best BI tool available

Reviewed on 2019-01-17

Exceptional. As an online sales business, it has been essential in making many business decisions. Grow allowed us to look at our business from a holistic standpoint efficiently.

Pros

Excellent support team.
Great onboarding processes.
Easy tool to use in building metrics that involve multiple data sources.
Frequent updates based on user requests.
Affordable pricing.

Cons

Builder can be slow and lag, but they have made huge improvements on this.

Ian B.

One Stop BI Solution

Reviewed on 2018-10-01

We are seeing data in a clear, user friendly way from multiple sources. It saves us time because instead of logging into Quckbooks, Salesforce, Seller Central, Google Sheets, we can see everything in one place in a format that is easy to view.

Pros

Grow has fantastic support. We always get a fast response when we need something built or have a question about a metric. Additionally, they are constantly improving the platform to make it very easy to use. The metrics look clean and you can pull data from almost limitless sources.

Cons

The 50 metric limit on the basic package. I wish they included 100 metrics at the base price.

Ted M.

Grow has made a massive difference in how our company tracks key metrics and makes decisions

Reviewed on 2018-01-16

Better data analytics, better decision making, better communication.

Pros

Love how customizable it is, and our ability to view sorted groups of data visually in the same window/tab to make super informed decisions. Also love the ability to share access as a communications tool.

Cons

With so much data from so many sources sometimes it takes a bit to get it to feed right, but the customer support has been great.

Necessary tool for growth

Reviewed on 2019-07-18

Pros

It's very user-friendly and the features help look at data in different ways. I use it every day to make decisions.

Cons

At least once a day the data doesn't load correctly.

Jen A.

The BI Solution Every Small Company Needs

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

Grow has enabled me to evaluate various programs within our business and make changes that have had a significant impact on both revenue and our spending. Without Grow, I never would have recognized the issues that needed to be addressed.

Pros

Grow allows me to create the BI metrics I needs to monitor my business's health and the health, growth and successes (or failures) of my sales and marketing initiatives in a way that is easy to understand and intuitive to even the most un-data driven stakeholders.

Cons

Creating the metrics that I need is not always as easy as I would hope. But I believe much of that is on my non-tech savvy. However, the people at Grow are fabulous at helping me create whatever metric I need.

Logan L.
  • Industry: Machinery

GROW IS AWESOME

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

Pros

EASE OF USE
COST
FLEXIBILITY
RESPONSE FROM CS TEAM

Cons

ROW LIMITS HAVE CAUSED US SOME ISSUES, BUT GROW IS ALWAYS MAKING IMPROVEMENTS WHEN WE SUGGEST THEM.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Excellent product and value

Reviewed on 2020-02-06

We use them to show our recruiter's kpis and company performance

Pros

The user dashboards are extremely easy to follow and set up - I can gather info quickly and efficiently

Cons

Looking back on past info - could be a bit easier to find and more readily available (not as intuitive)

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Really good platform

Reviewed on 2019-01-24

great support and the product is constantly improving. We sadly are moving away from Grow because our clever in-house dev team have built a bespoke solution for us - but Grow was invaluable for the last 18 months or so

Pros

Fast to set up
Easy to share

Cons

Paying for it --------------------------

Matthew J.

Grow - Carve Consulting

Reviewed on 2018-09-18

Great support from the team, added real value to the clients, added real value to the team. Would highly recommend it to collaborators and clients alike.

Pros

The ability to clearly show information in a way that demonstrates the value of our activity, as well as shows where the pressure points are for our clients.

Cons

Occasionally there is a slight adjustment from some APIs that shifts the business intelligence and requires more maintenance than we would like.

Forrest D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Grow Fundamentally Changed our Business

Reviewed on 2019-01-29

Great experience. Love the support and features.

Pros

API connectivity to multiple sources and the ability to use data sets.

Cons

Really don't have anything negative to provide for the software.

A really powerful tool that has allowed us to leverage all our information in one easy...

Reviewed on 2018-04-03

Pros

Love the ability to compare a group of values from two completely unrelated systems. For us, it was huge being able to see goals side by side with real-time numbers from Salesforce.

Cons

Sometimes figuring something out on your own can be tricky because of how technical the system is but luckily our account rep is always available to answer questions.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome data visualization tool

Reviewed on 2018-07-02

Pros

Great for companies that have a smaller amount of data or need to aggregate some of their performance from different sources. Great visualizations

Cons

Definitely doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the bigger platforms out there and it depends on the amount of data you have if you will like it or not

Jolijt T.

Grow is an amazing tool that'll get your entire team excited about your company's metrics.

Reviewed on 2017-06-20

Pros

You can really connect it to most software and get most numbers that you want. Their customer support is amazing. They jump in and do a lot with you.

Cons

It's not the easiest to use once you want anything more elaborate than basic metrics. But that's the tradeoff you make for the immense flexibility.

Ben S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

BI Platform For Experts

Reviewed on 2020-01-14

We built a very comprehensive dashboard showing all our most important KPIs. However, so many changes were being made to the platform that it was hard to keep up because it required us to make major changes to our metrics. We decided to switch to a different product.

Pros

Brought in every single data point that we needed to bring in. The customer service was also top notch! Their support staff was very responsive and helped out above and beyond their commitment.

Cons

Not much customization available. Lack of features. When we had our account we weren't able to change a date filters for the entire dashboard, but I believe they have fixed that. But i was disappointed in the lack of customization.

Brandon P.

Great Product! Amazing Transparency into my department

Reviewed on 2016-10-05

Grow is great for really capturing all we are doing in our marketing department in a quick snapshot. At a quick glance, I see data that provides insights for improvements. I love the goal feature too as is provides a target for my whole team. It's also great to have the thought, "I wish I had ____ report" and then be able to quickly make it in Grow.

Pros

Powerful, super customizable, and great UI.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve with setting up reports but overall it's not too difficult.

Tomas A.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

My review

Reviewed on 2018-10-22

Showing basic metrics and performance for business. Works good. In some cases we would need more complex dashboards.

Pros

You can show dashboards with different users.

Cons

In some ways hard to use and to fund tutorials or how to posts quite hard. As requirement is for more complex dashboard we need to play and go long way to get a result we want. One of benefits which would be for me an easy dashboard to compare two different sites for performance.

Daytona E.

Onboarding help is superb!

Reviewed on 2020-09-01

Pros

Our onboarding point of contact, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She's amazing! We were able to bring all our questions and she either helped point us in the right direction, assisted in troubleshooting, and for the occasional bug, was quick to get it fixed. Our team has felt supported every step of the way.

Cons

Still learning the product, nothing drastically negative.

Walter G.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Ambassador Dashboard

Reviewed on 2016-10-11

A huge thank you for all the help in setting up our dashboards. Ambassador owns 4 companies in another State. We needed a way to see, real time, what the stats were, Grow provided the perfect solution. I cannot speak highly enough of Brad Orman, he was a "Super Star" in helping to set up the dashboards.

Pros

Visibility of where the company is. Clean charts. Customization.

Cons

programming the charts can be difficult but the support from Grow negates this.

Jacob S.

Great platform for getting everything at your finger tips.

Reviewed on 2016-08-23

The Grow staff do anything that they can in order to make sure that I have the information that I need at my finger tips. They have even worked with other software vendors to come up with custom solutions.

Pros

Clean, auto generating graphs and data, great support, and a world class look and feel.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve to creating your own data sets.

Michael B.

Great way to see allot of data in a clean package

Reviewed on 2020-01-30

overall it's a good tool to have to help grow your company but you need a lot of coaching to get it right

Pros

I love how it's so easy to see how your firm is doing visually and that helps you to make good decisions with what direction you should go.

Cons

if you dont have a basic knowledge of coding then its very hard to create the different reports I struggled allot with that