Databox

Juan Andrés
Juan Andrés

Amazing app

Reviewed on 2017-01-27

We tried a few other apps. None came close to the ease of use, flexibility, simplicity and customer support we got from databox. At one point we need a specific attribute from MixPanel, and after asking support on how to do this, they actually rolled up a new feature into production in less than a weeks time. (Maybe it was in the pipeline, but it's still amazing)

Pros

Amazing customer support, very easy to use, nice design too.

Cons

None so far, extremely flexible so meeting all our needs.

Adela
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

Great Product and Support!

Reviewed on 2022-12-14

Overall, It's very friendly to use, especially the way to organize templates to share across client accounts, create alerts, and native integrations with the most used platforms. A Big shoutout to the support team, which is responsive and ALWAYS resolves my questions/issues

Pros

I love to centralize the KPIs in one place. While running campaigns through multiple platforms, Databox helps to create and calculate metrics to summarize all impressions, metrics, conversions, spending, etc. I am showing data in a fancy and easy way to monitor the metrics' performance.

Cons

I've noticed some glitches. 1) After data is updated automatically, sometimes the dashboard doesn't seem to be updated, and to get the data updated, I need to change the date range and get back to the previous date range. 2) In the table settings >> multiple metrics can't sort based on the metric only manually; it would be great to sort dynamically ascending or descending3) I can't view log changes, Ex. If another college works on the same board, I can't see my changes vs. theirs.

Zachary
Zachary

• Customer Support Software

Databox: Close, but no cigar...or even cigarillo ...

Reviewed on 2018-02-24

Pros

I work as the Director of Marketing Strategy at DD, which is an inbound marketing agency that services nonprofits and higher education institutions. We're a HubSpot certified partner agency and we were looking to Databox to help us make our client reports quicker, more interactive, and more robust. Databox's clean user-interface makes it really easy to notice trends...it also updates in almost real-time (if not real-time) which is helpful. The customizable dashboards are helpful as well...and there's no doubt that this tool is affordable to agencies like DD who need to report on a wide variety of metrics for 20+ accounts.

Cons

While there are definitely some pros to Databox, there are also some key features that they are missing. For example, you can't customize date ranges for reports. You have to choose from a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis...but you can't choose "Feb. 3 2017 - Feb. 23 2018" for example. This makes reporting very challenging if, for example, you start an inbound engagement with a client during the middle of the year and want to report on 6 month efforts and 12 month efforts that don't align perfectly with the Jan - Dec calendar year. Additionally, while the user-interface is clean, it's almost TOO white...our clients have found it really difficult to discern between traffic sources and points in time.

All of this is to say, I'm highly skeptical of reporting tools that don't let you customize the date and time of your reports...While Databox looks like 2018, it functions like 2010. We have cancelled our services as of now, but I have written emails and social posts to their product team and have encouraged them to "fix" the product and then come sell it to me again...

Robust Reporting Platform

Reviewed on 2021-08-28

Pros

Databox is highly customizable, allowing for white-labeling, custom reporting, and and offers a wide selection of native datasources that you can sync with out-of-the box.

Cons

Unfortunately, their customer service can be a bit slow to respond to requests.

Also, for more manual reports that utilize lots of texts and screenshots, there isn't much customization available to format text and images. This can make for reports that don't look great.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Nice balance of functionality and price

Reviewed on 2019-08-18

I liked Databox while I used it. It's not a BI tool by any means but it does have a few options to allow you to transform your data. They also have some cool options for tracking goals and the mobile app is leaps and bounds better than the competition.

Pros

The visuals look awesome on the computer, TV, and phone. I was impressed with how easy it was to create a metric.

Cons

Once the metrics are on the dashboard there isn't much else you can do with them. It lacks some of the basic functionality that I'd expect such as dragging to zoom into a certain section of the chart or even hovering over the comparison line to see the exact value.

Geckoboard
Sarah
Sarah
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

A good paid tool to visualize all your numbers

Reviewed on 2022-12-26

Databox saves a lot of time when you need to present multiple reports as you can just do that by creating a template and just changing the date range as and when required.

Pros

Databox reporting tool makes your life easy as it has a simple drag and drop interface to generate reports. It also has option to use predefined templates that make it easy for you to create reports from scratch. Databox tool links with multiple datasource and also allows you to create custom formulas and metrics to be used in the reporting.

Cons

There is a lag in the data numbers to get updated. There should be an option to set up the refresh interval manually as per the convenience.

Kurt
Kurt

• Customer Support Software

Brings you the efficiency!

Reviewed on 2018-12-13

Databox provide free basic account that give you 3 datasources which is enough for small business to make good visualisations of the data. Bring ease to manage boards that created for projects.

Pros

- Provide good user experience
- Customisation options
- Clean UI

Cons

- Lack of documentation

Other than this all is still worked perfectly for me.

Christian
Christian

Databox - my preferred software

Reviewed on 2017-03-15

Pros

It is one of the best products I have come across in the last 5 years I have been working in this industry. It is much efficient and easy to use for all. I recommend to all looking towards KPI tracking.

Cons

None so far. I´m impressed with the ease of this tool and my team also loves it. I highly recommend it.

Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Entertainment

Really good business service

Reviewed on 2017-02-14

I love using Databox. It works on all the main mobile platforms in a web browser and as an app. It seamlessly and easily connects to all the main services I use, and even has an API so I can extend it.

Pros

Lots of out-of-the-box connectors.

Cons

For tablet mode in landscape, you have to use a web browser as the app doesn't yet support it.

Joseph
Joseph

• Customer Support Software

The best data visualizer in the market for all your marketing data connectors!

Reviewed on 2022-12-14

Pros

I like how clean the interface is and how easy it is to connect multiple data sources to make sense in a dashboard.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like is that it wasn't unlimited and completely free.

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

• Customer Support Software

Excellent app for accessing and visualising statistics

Reviewed on 2023-02-15

For my clients, Databox makes it easier to demonstrate an ROI for inbound and paid media initiatives. When I'm keeping track of the effectiveness of our digital marketing, saves me time. I can display the dashboard at board meetings with vibrant charts and figures, and we also built it into the websites so everyone who visits can easily see our accomplishments.

Pros

I adore databox for a lot of reasons. It's quite intuitive, to start. You don't have to be an expert with data. With sophisticated data modelling capabilities, we can change the measurement display, and the programme really manages all the frames for me. Additionally, everything has built-in connectors, so I can often create a fantastic dashboard with only a few clicks. The programme itself has a nice appearance, and it has some useful features that allow for the clear visualisation of a lot of data.

Cons

It's not that I dislike what I'm going to say, but I'd want to have access to more instructional films, particularly ones that teach me how to assist myself. Data sources can occasionally lose connectivity when using Databox, which might result in the loss of historical data.

Shoaib
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic data visualisation and analytics platform

Reviewed on 2023-01-14

For us databox has given us great visualisation on the data and creating reports from different sources such as Hubspot, bigcommerce, google analytics, search console, etc. All in one place to understand our metrics and create effective reports. Scheduling reports are very easy too and helpful

Pros

-Great at calculating custom metrics or calculating one metric from two or more data connectors -Offers great pre-built templates to use -Excellent pricing and offers 3 hours free one on one training-great for creating goals and tracking goals

Cons

-Learning curve-limitations on number of connectors you can have at a time (You have to pay extra for each connector after 10th)

• Customer Support Software

best tool for recording statistical analytical data

Reviewed on 2022-06-29

my experience is very rich , Databox is great for small businesses trying to make a statement to investors or for anyone trying to make a presentation. It's also a great way to make data-driven decisions.

Pros

This tool allows you to create data visualizations, see your key performance indicators (KPIs) at one time, and even make it easier to back up your statistical analytical data.

Cons

nothing negative to note but I would rather say that this software is more advanced than any of the other analytics tools I've ever used.

Samuel

• Customer Support Software

How to perform magic with Data box

Reviewed on 2023-05-10

Pros

Ease to visualize and analyse dataInexpensive

Cons

Lacks customization to consumer taste and design

James

Simple and powerful

Reviewed on 2016-08-19

We use Databox for 2 months now and so far we like it more and more. We only use Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics tools, so Databox seemed as a perfect solution for us. Databox allowed us to combine data from different data sources and display them in one place in a beautiful mobile app. We had some difficulties when we were setting up all data sources, but their customer support helped us in no time. The feature we like the most is scorecard. It's nothing better than getting a scorecard with most important KPIs in the morning and see the performance for the past day.

Pros

- Daily scorecards
- Beautiful designed web and mobile app
- Databox Query Builder which allows us to get customized metrics from analytic tools
- Powerful yet simple Designer, where you can quickly set up datacards with a simple drag and drop feature
- Very helpful and responsive customer support

Cons

- The alerting feature didn't seem to work for us two months ago so we stopped using it

Response from Databox

Thank you for your feedback. We're constantly improving alerts so make sure you give them a chance.

Molly

Practical & Pleaseing Data Tool For the Small Business

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Building reports for clients can be time consuming and full of confusing, intricate processes. Data Box has really allowed my company to scale reporting for our clients - building easy reports

Pros

The software is both intuitive and aesthetically pleasing. Easily view your data from Analytics, Google Ads, social media, etc. all in one spot.

the feature I find most valuable is the ability to set alerts for goals. This reminds me n my team of our progress and where we stand in regards to our goals. You can set these so clients can see them as well!

Overall it is simple to build visuals without code and drill down further into those visuals via the query builder or manipulating data rows/columns.

Cons

To really use the tool to its full potential you should use the paid version. The free version is very limiting in data and may limit data source connections.

Andrej

• Customer Support Software

Super duper dashboard for all my cloud services

Reviewed on 2016-08-19

Few months ago i've downloaded this dashboard app, and absolutely happy with it. Now it's one of the most useful tools I use for work. I really appreciate the fact that I have all my data, analytics, reporting in one singular dashboard, especially when I work remotely. Plus I can always update my info while walking ;) And I do like its clear design and easy to use navigation. Simple, nice, and useful! Thanks for making my working days easier ;)

Pros

All data in one place, easy to use/great ux, slick design

Cons

More data connectors for my team like Jira

Response from Databox

Thank you for your review.

David
David

• Customer Support Software

Cannot say enough positive things about this software!

Reviewed on 2018-08-01

Pros

As a small ad agency, we manage various different accounts on many different platforms. Google analytics, adwords, Facebook ads, etc. Databox lets us identify the key performance indicators that we need to see on a daily basis and makes tracking campaign progress EASY!

Cons

NOTHING! Please keep doing what you are doing, Databox! I can't imagine doing my job without this software, literally!

Pablo

Excelent dashboard for daily follow up of campaigns

Reviewed on 2022-07-27

Very good

Very good

Pros

Easy initial set up and solid daily results (the sync with Google is really good)

Cons

Lack of more parameters for fine tuning reports

Mike

• Customer Support Software

Business analytics made beautiful. A really nice app.

Reviewed on 2016-08-17

Found this searching for a way to convert my Spreadsheet data to charts. Worked great and it has beautiful charts. But then I found out it does much more. Now I have my Spreadsheet, Google Analytics and Mixpanel data all connected in one app. Makes it much easier to stay on top of the numbers. And I have a couple of datawalls set up, so I can show the numbers to my customers if needed by just turning on the tv. Works great.

Pros

Simple to connect different data sources and have all the data in one place. Web site allows for advanced setups, but maybe not so simple to use. Beautiful mobile visualizations. Datawalls are really useful. Good value for money.

Cons

Needed a Zapier account to connect to Spreadsheets, but on the other hand Zapier allows me to add many other sources.

Response from Databox

Thank you for your feedback.

Rachel

• Customer Support Software

Need To View Analytics? This is the Tool.

Reviewed on 2021-11-23

Fantastic! I absolutely love the software and think its brilliant for anyone who has several places to get reports.

Pros

The software is great if you have several things you have to view all at once. This also runs really well once things are setup and moving along. You will have to sink time into it, but its worth it.

Cons

The biggest issue is it takes time to properly set up. Once you have the software set up properly, it's easy to use. So be prepared to sink some time into it.

Anand
Anand

Value for Money Product

Reviewed on 2022-03-09

We have set up our dashboard within one day using Google sheets and the dashboard contains more than 5k data the visualization was very perfect.

Pros

I like the customer support and User Interface. It's very easy to build and it has a lot of pre templates. We can use any templates and change them according to our needs.

Cons

Databox have to think about a free version for google sheets. AS Google already has the dashboard called the "Google data studio" version where anyone can freely set up their dashboard without any hustle. So if it is only for google sheets then the databox must think about a free version.

Stace
Stace
  • Industry: Market Research Software

So easy to use and great visualisation

Reviewed on 2022-11-08

Pros

Its absolutely brilliant that they allow you to connect up to 4 social media accounts without having to pay. Social media isn't top of the list at our company so all we really need is Google Analytics and Linkedin. Once everything was set up and linked and I had spent a bit of time customising the boards all I have to do now is update and share them each month for the directors meeting. Super easy!

Cons

Its obviously a very complex piece of software and I'm sure there are things it does that I don't even know about yet.

JULIAN
  • Industry: Information Services

Great, Plug & Play and affordable product for mobile access

Reviewed on 2017-01-19

We have been searching a solution like Data Box for a long time. It is powerful, has the WOW effect, is easy to build and very important, very affordable.
Apart from connecting to several cloud services really in a few clicks (twitter, Google Analytics, CRMs, etc), we can connect DIRECTLY to our customer databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server). It allows us to build customized dashboards based on metrics.

Pros

Easy to use for customer
WOW effect
Amazing design
Really Plug&Play dashboard to cloud services
Access to customer databases

Cons

It would be great having query builder on BASIC PLAN or middle plan between BASIC and BUSINESS.

Mike

• Customer Support Software

Dashboard that I was looking for years!!!

Reviewed on 2017-02-19

I've been looking for such service for couple of years... That can combine my sales data (I send it from WooCommerce via Zapier) with Google Analytics and Google Ads/Facebook Ads in one simple mobile app. That is so much easy to monitor everything I need... no.of leads from Active Campaign through Zapier, no. of unsubscribers, expenses - Google Sheet via Zapier ... everything finally comes together to a cool looking dashboard on my iPhone.

Pros

Dashboards look very nice and are very flexible. With Zapier you can get any data to the Databox

Cons

I wish they add direct integration with WooCommerce