Knowify

Write a Review!
Integrated mobile contractor management platform

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Jenn

• Customer Support Software

I really like how responsive the Knowify team is to questions and support!

Reviewed on 2018-05-16

Keeping close tabs on project P&L's is great with Knowify. Project Managers/Admin can pull data at any time to keep up-to-date on project costs. We like being able to use AIA billing through Knowify. Finding one place to apply all job costs to a project is great!

Pros

We all like how we have been able to provide ideas/needs to Knowify and see them integrate many of those into their updates and new options.

Cons

There are still some functions that area holding us back in what we are able to do with Knowify, specifically billing. We have been told that they are working on those options, but the sooner those are added the better workflow we will have using their system.

Joel

• Customer Support Software

Wanted to make this a priority for my business, but customer service is terrible.

Reviewed on 2018-02-25

A good idea of what I want. Otherwise, no benefit at all. This software, by itself, is a great concept, but the management team and the connectivity with my normal QB software is abhorrent.

Pros

Makes bids, change-orders, and scheduling easy. In theory - but not actuality - it should link with Quickbooks, which, if working, would be awesome.

Cons

Customer service doesn't take the time to determine what is wrong. There are several tiers of people who are trying to help, but they continue to give a quick reaction to solve the problem and don't really help. The program itself only links with Quickbooks occasionally. If you don't input information perfectly, it scrambles your numbers and can throw all of your books off. Getting access to human help is hard. The input work is way more work than the results.

Response from Knowify

Hello Joel,

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience with our customer support. We at Knowify put an extremely high priority on all tickets and the majority of our customers will agree that this is one of the strongest parts of Knowify (as shown in many reviews on this page).

Your specific case threw us a curveball, as you had deleted your access to Knowify on a Friday night. Our customer support team is made up of specially trained technicians based out of the US, so dealing with a non-standard issue in the after hours might take a bit longer, especially if we have to involve our tech team. Even still, we did have your account back up by 7am the following morning.

Given that you like the product and the idea behind it, we hope you can work beyond this to try Knowify again in the future.

~The Knowify Team

Kelly

Knowify Review

Reviewed on 2021-07-22

Pros

Fairly simple to use and set up and you can see all projects easily

Cons

Having to click around alot to find things

Gavin

Great for the sub-trades

Reviewed on 2018-12-16

Knowify entered our business at the right time and it has been reliable. We've had our challenges navigating the options to find the right tools to use in each scenario, but it's been well employed since. Custom reports, automated tools, and a mobile event calendar would help knowify replace a few other tools that we are using

Pros

Knowify excels in connecting the user with the client in terms of financials. Contracts are made easily and change order management is a breeze

Cons

There are some inconsitincies in the UI where depending on the billing style of a project, different form fields are presented for very similar tasks. When creating a project, it's very important to know what information will be available to share to the client before attributing time or materials to the project. The calendar doesn't bring much value to our business where scheduling can be down to the 15 minute interval and mobile use is necessary.

Matt

Tile company user

Reviewed on 2023-07-28

Good option for us because of the price. We use another full feature software for our construction business.

Pros

Lightweight and easy to train others. Simple and fast quoting functions.

Cons

Mobile app is built for field personnel and doesn’t have the features I need for sales as an owner. No CRM. Workflow is clunky for scheduling. Financial integration with Quickbooks is very basic.

Cheryl

• Customer Support Software

Knowify is a great tool for the company

Reviewed on 2023-08-07

Pros

The integration with QBO is top of the line. Customer service is excellent and quick to address any problems.

Cons

As with anything, the cost could be a little lower.

Esther

• Customer Support Software

Knowify is a great tool that has transformed our project management.

Reviewed on 2018-05-15

Pros

Knowify is intuitive, manages job costing well, and most importantly ties all aspects of a job together in one, easy to understand space.

Cons

By far the worst thing about Knowify is the reporting. Though there are numerous reports built in, they are not easily manipulated, and they filter data depending on how it is put into the software. This is especially true for invoicing, though it is mainly a project management software and not an accounting software

Jim

• Customer Support Software

Great program for managing my commercial roofing company

Reviewed on 2018-12-11

This software makes sure we are being profitable and shows us where we need to do better on different kinds of jobs.

Pros

This software tracks my employee time and job location. Great for seeing how long jobs are actually taking. The estimating portion is awesome once you have your pricing entered. Estimating templates make sure you don't forget parts or pieces to the estimate. Great customer service!

Cons

No cons as of yet. Been using this software for over a year.

John

Great Program

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

I finally feel organized in my business.

I finally feel organized in my business.

Pros

This software makes it very simple to make change orders, simple invoicing, and great documentation.

Cons

Some times the address look up system does not work. The phone log in app tends to lag or not work at times. I wish I could add lines in-between existing lines on the break down or bill of materials. This would be for grouping reasons. To make is easier to understand.

Doug

• Customer Support Software

This software has been a huge time saver.

Reviewed on 2017-10-28

It has saved me hours of paper work when it comes time to invoicing. It is also great to know exactly how many man hours a project takes.

Pros

Once the estimate is approved the office work is over. All employees are able to track there time and materials directly to the job with no extra work involved when it is time to invoice.

Cons

My employees do like not being able to view all of there entered time for the last two weeks, but I believe this might not be the case with the last update.

Sean

• Customer Support Software

I highly recommend Knowify!

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

Very happy with Knowify, it's continuously improving and great customer service. I highly recommend!...

Very happy with Knowify, it's continuously improving and great customer service. I highly recommend!!!

Pros

Great for creating and sending quotes, invoicing (syncs with QB), managing time entries from crew

Cons

It would be great if there was a pipeline for a project and if tasks could be created for project managers based on the stage in the pipeline. CRM could have touch points created for follow up with leads.

Jolyn

Nothing else like it!

Reviewed on 2017-11-09

Easy paperless contracts and estimates.

Easy paperless contracts and estimates.

Pros

It rolls almost everything into one system. I can easily keep track of my jobs, the progress of each one, and cost them to stay on budget. Knowify gives our business the power to stay paperless with e-sign contracts and proposals. Our customers absolutely love the ease of clicking a few buttons to accept a proposal and make payments. Before Knowify, my desk was a paper covered nightmare - now I am able to just keep it all right there in one place.

Cons

Some features are lacking. Sometimes we need to be able to provide a range price on an estimate, and Knowify does not have this feature. It can also be a little challenging/labor intensive to add hours if my employees don't want to use the app on their phone for automatic tracking.

Chris
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Decent

Reviewed on 2019-10-23

My overall experience is that there are room for improvements...

My overall experience is that there are room for improvements...

Pros

Has most of the options I am interested in using. Having written that though, it doesn't have all the options...

Cons

No monthly average for hours... I would like it to calculate pay... Be more user friendly with the company the work is being done...

Andrew

Great Idea, Wish it worked better

Reviewed on 2018-12-13

Takes so much time to ensure Time is put to the correct job. Wish it made a HARD Job Number, sequential, noneditable.

Pros

Customer Sales Tool, and contract managment.

Cons

Amount of effort to have Tsheets apply to the Job to start. The way a contract is decided, Your Phases, might not be how I want to track costs and time. I don't trust the numbers. I want all hours and materials accounted for to the job as a whole. I don't want to spend hours deciding what phase each expense or hour spent goes to.

Tammy

• Customer Support Software

Knowify has made our billing so much easier.

Reviewed on 2017-10-27

Knowing that all the calculations on my pay applications is correct is invaluable.

Pros

I like that the software is web based, the customer support group is fabulous, and it is very easy to use

Cons

Retainage push at final billing should not be combined with current month retainage accrual. They should be separate.

Janel

• Customer Support Software

Getting to understand the system of Knowify

Reviewed on 2023-07-28

Pros

It's pretty easy. There is a lot to know. The YouTube videos do help.

Cons

I cant say I dont like anything about it. It's just a matter of my own personal to understand the functions and how to execute the work properly. I think overall it's pretty great and easy to perform my job duties.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

• Customer Support Software

Great Program, I wish it could be tailored to architects more

Reviewed on 2022-03-25

We use Knowify for creating proposal and invoices. We integrate with Quickbooks so it's great that it ties into our accounting software.

Pros

We switched to Knowify essentially for the way it show invoices with the % billed, % complete etc. The job costing functions are also pretty useful.

Cons

It can be difficult to use. The program was built for contractors, as an Architecture firm we struggle sometimes with forcing it to do what we need. Generally we have been able to make it works for us though.

• Customer Support Software

Love Knowify. It has completely transformed my business for the better.

Reviewed on 2017-10-31

Pros

There is a fast turnaround for new features. You don't have to wait a year. The mobile app is CONSTANTLY updated. Try browsing a platforms app version history instead of customer reviews. Customer service is excellent, and if a solution does not exist for your problem one is created.

Cons

The only thing lacking is built-in app notifications and calendar integration (coming soon).

Norm

Knowify Review

Reviewed on 2018-12-14

It is a good fit for our business. Looking forward to future improvements.

It is a good fit for our business. Looking forward to future improvements.

Pros

Ability to track job costing and payroll through one application.

Cons

Flexibility of job cost categories. A bit of customization options would be nice.

Wagner
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

The only software for Subcontractors

Reviewed on 2018-12-12

Satisfied with where we are right now.

Satisfied with where we are right now.

Pros

Great for companies that are between residential and commercial jobs

Cons

Needs to be a bit more flexible with customizability. Especially with Project calendars.

Kathleen

• Customer Support Software

Knowify is an easy to learn software system

Reviewed on 2018-05-16

Pros

I like the ease of creating proposals, I love the new home screen. Knowify's customer service is top notch.

Cons

I would like the ability to enter zero when an employee is out for the day. Would like the ability to print the original proposals and change orders together. Customers complain about the invoicing, it's confusing.

Derek
Derek
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

New Building New Software

Reviewed on 2019-03-05

At my desktop it was great but going mobile I had to use the browser as the app didn't work for me.

Pros

Allowed us to track and manage everything on the larger project down to the penny.

Cons

My older phone didn't support the app for Knowify unfortunately.

Deborah
Deborah
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Superb customer service, versatile product

Reviewed on 2019-08-19

Knowify is great for producing Estimates, Bids, and Invoices on readable forms, with consistent T&C across all projects. Knowify is also great for tracking purchases and the use of materials on construction projects. As a consultant to a construction client, I found the software very easy to learn and use, with the best customer service I have ever experienced in software!

Pros

Easy to use once it is set up. Easy to learn, which is amazingly important! The dashboards are useful, navigation is reasonable.

The customer service is absolutely superb! Quick response; helpful, clear answers to questions; quick turnaround for customization.

Cons

Currently the user cannot make any template changes to the base templates for invoices and other forms. All such changes must go through Customer Service. Currently, a company using the software may only have 1 template for each form. Right now, the software is most useful when linked to QuickBooks, though it can be used without the link.

• Customer Support Software

I have a small contracting business and this software combined with QuickBooks works great.

Reviewed on 2017-10-24

The ability to easily track my projects costs and to keep track of employees time in order to run payroll.

Pros

It allows me to track costs per project. Time entry is very easy and when combined with QuickBooks allows me to run payroll quickly. The reporting system makes it easy for me to perform my work in progress calculations and all my financials.

stacy

• Customer Support Software

Has some issues but, good overall

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

I was very unimpressed with tech support. I do love the slickness of the software and our employees absolutely love it as a time tracker.

Pros

Pretty well organized, effective time tracker, nice to track profitability.

Cons

Too many emails to employees (it sends an email every time a purchase is approved), complicated invoicing on time and materials jobs. I want more flexibility with how I want my invoices to read.