Knowify

Integrated mobile contractor management platform

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Jim

• Customer Support Software

Great program for managing my commercial roofing company

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

This software makes sure we are being profitable and shows us where we need to do better on different kinds of jobs.

Pros

This software tracks my employee time and job location. Great for seeing how long jobs are actually taking. The estimating portion is awesome once you have your pricing entered. Estimating templates make sure you don't forget parts or pieces to the estimate. Great customer service!

Cons

No cons as of yet. Been using this software for over a year.

Sara

• Customer Support Software

Knowify has drastically simplified the admin side of our business.

Reviewed on 5/15/2018

Job costing & tracking, easy AIA style billing / invoicing.

Pros

The biggest pro of this is the step-by-step process from bidding to proposal to billing. We are easily able to track and manage each step of the process, produce AIA style invoices efficiently and track all payments in one application. And a huge shout-out to customer support - anytime I have an issue, they respond and are able to help us out within an hour or two (even outside of business hours).

Cons

Every once in a while there will be a glitch, sending payments over to quickbooks an extra time (but this also could be our synching with banking...). Either way, it's an easy fix as long as you are also managing your books correctly.

Chris
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Decent

Reviewed on 10/23/2019

My overall experience is that there are room for improvements...

Pros

Has most of the options I am interested in using. Having written that though, it doesn't have all the options...

Cons

No monthly average for hours... I would like it to calculate pay... Be more user friendly with the company the work is being done...

Sean

• Customer Support Software

I highly recommend Knowify!

Reviewed on 2/9/2021

Very happy with Knowify, it's continuously improving and great customer service. I highly recommend!!!

Pros

Great for creating and sending quotes, invoicing (syncs with QB), managing time entries from crew

Cons

It would be great if there was a pipeline for a project and if tasks could be created for project managers based on the stage in the pipeline. CRM could have touch points created for follow up with leads.

Henry
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Overall Good Software for Construction Industry

Reviewed on 3/5/2020

Pretty good experience overall. Would recommend for small and medium sized business that needs to streamline their contracts.

Pros

Product is easy to use, good interface.
Like the sub-client feature.
Really like the ability to customize the contract.

Cons

Needs better reporting systems for our commissions sales reps.
Needs separation between sales rep contracts.

John

Great Program

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

I finally feel organized in my business.

Pros

This software makes it very simple to make change orders, simple invoicing, and great documentation.

Cons

Some times the address look up system does not work. The phone log in app tends to lag or not work at times. I wish I could add lines in-between existing lines on the break down or bill of materials. This would be for grouping reasons. To make is easier to understand.

Esther

• Customer Support Software

Knowify is a great tool that has transformed our project management.

Reviewed on 5/15/2018

Pros

Knowify is intuitive, manages job costing well, and most importantly ties all aspects of a job together in one, easy to understand space.

Cons

By far the worst thing about Knowify is the reporting. Though there are numerous reports built in, they are not easily manipulated, and they filter data depending on how it is put into the software. This is especially true for invoicing, though it is mainly a project management software and not an accounting software

Doug

• Customer Support Software

This software has been a huge time saver.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017

It has saved me hours of paper work when it comes time to invoicing. It is also great to know exactly how many man hours a project takes.

Pros

Once the estimate is approved the office work is over. All employees are able to track there time and materials directly to the job with no extra work involved when it is time to invoice.

Cons

My employees do like not being able to view all of there entered time for the last two weeks, but I believe this might not be the case with the last update.

Jacob
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

New customer in the subcontractor trade

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

So far while still in trial I can not wait to show my boss this who has been relying on me to find a PM software for the company!

Pros

I really love how I can keep track of all my jobs from active to still in bid process. I can schedule guys to any job, do time sheets, and even a catalog to help us keep track of pricing and material pick ups! It topped the cherry for us when we discovered the app.. with many Spanish employees this is the first app I’ve seen that can work in Spanish. And the punch in and clock out feature along with geo fencing is very nice.

Cons

I wish the specific labor rates could be involved in one of the lower plans instead of the highest plan, which is legit the only reason I have to use their highest plan.

Christy

Great Product

Reviewed on 1/21/2021

great product

Pros

AIA features -

Cons

be able to update each customer to specific AIA documents (templates)

Donna

• Customer Support Software

Easily tracks jobs and costs associated with the jobs.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017

All documents and invoicing in one place. Interacts with QBO.

Pros

Interacts with QBO. Also like the reports available. Easy to navigate between open and outstanding jobs. Can attach documents all in one place.

Cons

Sometimes the feed between QBO and Knowify does not work. When this happens, I call support and they are able to fix it right away. They are very helpful.

Keele

• Customer Support Software

Love the Software ! Best one on the Market ! New App is Great !

Reviewed on 11/27/2017

Pros

Tech Support is Awesome. I get answers to my questions in a timely manner. Company is open to suggestions on how to improve the program . They will customize reports based on my needs . They are always enhancing the Software to a more user friendly feel.

Cons

I would like to see more detailed Youtube Videos regarding how to use the software based on the current version. I would like to see more pop up links in the software "Click here to learn more "

Sara

Knowify Review

Reviewed on 12/18/2018

After learning more about Knowify I can move easily between it's functions. It makes quoting simple and efficient.

Pros

I like that Knowify allows me to do everything from a lead to a bid to a contract.

Cons

Knowify can sometimes be finnicky with it's search engines.

Ryan

• Customer Support Software

Love Knowify. It has completely transformed my business for the better.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

Pros

There is a fast turnaround for new features. You don't have to wait a year. The mobile app is CONSTANTLY updated. Try browsing a platforms app version history instead of customer reviews. Customer service is excellent, and if a solution does not exist for your problem one is created.

Cons

The only thing lacking is built-in app notifications and calendar integration (coming soon).

Josh

• Customer Support Software

Amazing. Couldn't be a better product for my needs and Terrin's support is unparalleled.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

Save time

Pros

The product is perfectly designed for the service industry. It's a very easy to use tool with a very comprehensive feature set that makes running my business a breeze.

Cons

The mobile app is very limited in it's functionality for all users. It makes it difficult to do most of the things I'd like to do without being in front of my desktop.

Daniel

A Great Tool - Really helped us get organized

Reviewed on 10/5/2014

We started running our virtual biotech company on Knowify several months ago, and it's been enormously helpful. Since we have multiple labs (all over the place) doing work for us at any given point in time, and since many of our contracts specify that we cover various costs (like reagents, etc), giving our partners Knowify ID's has really helped us keep track of who is ordering what/when so that when the bills arrive we're never caught blindsided. I've also used it several times to reference contracts and old invoices - which is 100x better than rummaging through file cabinets. It would have been very painful for us to manage the growing complexity of our efforts with our old (manual filing + dropbox) ways, so Knowify is well worth the money for us.

Admittedly we haven't had to use the invoicing / client management tools yet - but that's just the nature of our business - we won't have revenues for a few more years at least.

Marc at Knowify was really helpful early on when I emailed him with a few questions, so 5 stars for service, too.

Response from Knowify

Thanks for your feedback Dan, we really appreciate the praise.

Kathy

• Customer Support Software

Knowify has upped our job costing game dramatically

Reviewed on 5/18/2018

The entire team can access to review job costs and profitability

Pros

The thing we most like about Knowify is how simple and cost effective this addition to our QuickBooks software has been. We enter all our AR and AP transactions into Knowify and it syncs beautifully with QB. Absolutely love the built in AIA billing format and the ability to email out of the application. We also use the app in the field to capture and review employee time. It's very seamless.

Cons

The only thing I'd like is simple back button for the page you are on rather than having to start from the beginning.

• Customer Support Software

Knowify helped our company streamline our job costing and invoicing.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

Streamlined job costing and invoicing.

Pros

I LOVE the time card input, the dashboard view of active jobs, and the expense syncing functionality to Quickbooks.

Cons

For jobs that are in process when the software is implemented, there is not a good way to get the data into Knowify to sync with Quickbooks.

It would be helpful to have a little more flexibility when creating invoices, and if you had the option to create a detailed budget (Professional mode) for a job in Knowify but were able to track expenses at the job level.

Joel

Knowify is great!

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

Pros

Knowify is great! We are using their new software for property management. It is very intuitive and easy to use! The integrations are fantastic and keep work flow going. Their mobile app is very simple so all of our supers are able to navigate through the app in English or in Spanish which is a huge plus!

Cons

There are no cons to Knowify. We signed up before our free trial ended we loved it so much!

• Industry: Environmental Services

Good Program for Contractors

Reviewed on 12/13/2018

We've been able to take most of our business electronically, which helps us improve our business and helpls our client communicate with us.

Pros

The customization you can make to quotations, line items and the catalog.

Cons

The scheduling software is very basic. and does not have abilities to add more details so we use another program for this.

Ryan

• Customer Support Software

Great customer service and all around software

Reviewed on 3/25/2019

The customer service at Knowify is exceptional. CSR was very helpful in setting up my account and answering any questions I have. I would recommend Knowify to any business owner.

Pros

Very easy to use and includes everything I need all in one place

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about the software. It is very helpful and I use it everyday.

Business Tool

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Continuity through our sales process.

Pros

It has many useful features, templates, job costing, digital signature, customer support is fantastic.

Cons

User interface is a little clunky. Reports have a long way to go.

Matt

We like knowify!

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Our ability to track job profitability, manage employee's time, and provide easy reporting for the bosses has been fantastic.

Pros

The ability to easily track, submit, and export the financial status of each job we have.

Cons

Not everything exports and imports from Quickbooks.

Robin
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Knowify Review

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Pros

I like the software it does all the job costing.

Cons

I don't have any cons regarding this software.

Rick

We are QB proadvisors recommending Knowify with QBO for contractors

Reviewed on 6/9/2016

Knowify represents an excellent QB Online integrated app for specialty contractors and subcontractors. The product has all the functionality to plan, propose and engage customers. It rolls seamlessly into project management with many tools including mobile time and expense tracking, material purchasing and cost control and much more. We have found their support to be excellent and a big plus.