Tradify

Powerful job management software for electricians & plumbers

4.6 /5 (119 reviews) Write a Review!

Sam G.

• Customer Support Software

I highly recommend Tradify for anyone running a business in construction.

Reviewed on 2021-01-18

Tradify has been excellent since day 1. Whilst on my free trial period I was contacted by the team at Tradify to offer assistance setting up the platform for my business and learning how to use it. I accepted this offer and had several calls at times that suited me, the staff were great and were able to make the process easy.

I have been using this product for a while now and will continue to do so indefinitely. It has helped my business greatly and helped me manage all aspects of the business I find challenging such as quoting, time tracking, invoicing .

Pros

Time Tracking - Easy to Keep track of different jobs, staff on jobs etc.

Scheduling - Easy to drag appointments around on calendar and send job details to staff.

Quoting / invoicing / purchases - Very well integrated, I quote using price list items i have set up, once quote confirmed I can create a purchase order in seconds, when its time to invoice it adds atomically again .

Cross platform - I use on MacBook, iPad and iPhone works great on all devices.

Linked to quickbooks - Ideal saves me having to do anything my accounts lady can deal with it in quickbooks as it atomically ends up there from Tradify.

A nice feature I have found is that if I send a CERTIFICATE PDF via Airdrop on my iPad to iPhone I can import into Tradify and link to a job, helps keep all paper work organised.

Cons

There aren't any that I'm aware of, its perfect.

Mattew P.

M P Electrical

Reviewed on 2021-02-18

its changed my business and improved it for the better

Pros

The product is a very simple format, easy to use and understand. Easy to log and enter details

Cons

More control of reminder emails

re open approved documents in case of mistakes or amendments

Ryan T.

• Customer Support Software

Powerful software for my electrical business

Reviewed on 2021-02-01

Basically it's a time saver and who doesn't want more time for things other than paperwork! For some reason I enjoy adding items to my price list but then I know that item is just a click away from a quote or invoice!

Pros

Quoting and invoicing are my favorite features. Once you have frequently used material prices loaded then it's really quick getting a quote or invoice off to a customer. The customer then receives something very professional looking and can even accept your quote right then and there and you'll be notified. You can even see if your quote or invoice has been opened and viewed!

Cons

I can't think of any features that are really missing. Personally I don't make much use of the scheduling system. It isn't a fault of Tradify as it's right there for me to use, I just feel more connected using a physical diary.

Brendan D.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Tradify is the backbone of our business!

Reviewed on 2016-08-29

West Coast Refrigeration is a trade business that previous used Simpro and were converted once we found Tradify due to its ease of use, affordability, mobile functionality and outstanding customer support!

Pros

We cant fault this software as its built perfectly for our trade business and ensures that our field technicians can report their time and materials directly to the job and our office team are so much faster on invoicing customers! Its in real time and as we dont need a direct GPS tracker, we can still use this software to locate staff fast and effectively! I love that you can convert purchase orders straight to bills and allocate materials to the job so our office can cross check and this also makes a easier process for stock ordering and stock-take yearly!

Also love that you can save attachments straight from emails on our iphones to jobs and customer profiles. We are also using iAuditor which talks directly with Tradify for our WHS Safety Requirements- this is a huge bonus!!

Cons

Would like to be able to customise our invoices a bit more but the new release is much better than previous.

Response from Tradify

Thanks Brendan! Customisable invoices are on their way with the new Tradify 2.0 release.

Steve Z.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Flexibility of Tradify

Reviewed on 2017-01-21

I am using Tradify in three separate businesses and find using it a great experience. My time is limited and I have no patience for apps that do not deliver, Tradify is not on this list.
The seamless integration with Xero is faultless, often a sticking point with integrated apps.
I have spoken to the staff on several occasions when I have been working on out of the ordinary problems, and they have always been easy to deal with and professional.
The new format has improved the experience yet again which is a testament to the innovative attitude of the company.

Pros

Ease of use always is a big factor in choosing tools of trade. Designing systems that are both instinctive and functional is never an easy task, Tradify has done this well.
Flexibility to correct entries is also important.

Cons

Having to be online to use the software. Would be great to have the ability to work offline and then sync.

Cameron S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great success starts with Tradify

Reviewed on 2016-09-06

Prior to using Tradify we were in a mess of paperwork and emails. Tradify has allowed us to streamline our business and quickly respond to our customer needs. We also don't lose track of excess materials used on a job now which equates to better profitability.

Pros

Working in real time is fantastic. Jobs get allocated and on site techs can report back using the app. Time and material capture is really easy, and assists in invoicing the correct detail. Once everything is complete, we just click a button and everything is automatically sent to MYOB.

Cons

Time sheets do not automatically transfer to MYOB.

Joe D.

• Customer Support Software

The total experience can be summed in in one word. Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 2017-06-19

The software allows us to have a quick view of where the team is and what work is coming up. It also help with clarity in communicating what jobs and where they are rather than calling or emailing them. its the one meeting point where everyone in the business can see where we are at any time any day.

Pros

The user interface is so easy to understand and become familiar with. The divers functionality allows so many facets of interaction including using the app whilst in not in the office.

Cons

The fact that in doesn't integrate with my office calendar. We use outlook and it would be fantastic if i could just open my app and use tradify to send out calendar invites to prospective client from there instead of having to then go to out look and repeat the same task of booking the appointments.

Jenny H.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 2016-09-27

We have been using Tradify for about 4 months and have found the program very easy to use. The one month trial period is a great way to determine if the program works for your business. We are a building company and started using Tradify mainly as a data base of our customers. This allows us to see the status and progress of our jobs. We also use Tradify for quoting our jobs. Our estimators have set up templates for pricing and it is very easy to use. I like that Tradify can link with MYOB which we currently also use, although we have not linked them yet. Another great feature is the way we use Tradify to communicate with our staff while they are out onsite. By adding notes to a job and "notify" other users, everyone can be kept updated on the status of a job.
I also like that Tradify can be used on desktop computer in the office as well as by app on tablets or smart phone out onsite. The software is easy to use and its quick to learn. The search function is fast and all functions are well linked so its easy to search from any area with Tradify.
I have only used Customer Support once and they replied quickly and solved my problem. I found the in-built help function can usually answer any questions I have. Tradify is value for money. We had been looking at other apps and programs, and even considered designing our own database because we couldn't find one to suit. Tradify has all the functions we were looking for and has fitted our business perfectly. Overall, our company is very happy with this program and I would highly recommend it to other trade business.

Ryan W.

• Customer Support Software

Simple and effective for jobs management on the road.

Reviewed on 2017-07-25

improved job running and scheduling

Pros

it is simple and effective for all job management, updated job reports and client details all in one place.

Cons

We have been using Tradify for 2+ years and have there continued support and always looking at improving. The least liked part of the system is it hasn't yet inter-graded with google calendar

Adam T.
  • Industry: Design

Great App!!!

Reviewed on 2017-04-04

I've looked at so many similar kinds of apps it's ridiculous. I've passed on so many for so many different reasons. Tradify was the one that made me stop looking.
With the two week trial I was able to see that it had every feature I needed, and the easy setup and continual use is excellent.
I'm a small business with only myself in the business, but even I can see how beneficial it is to a team for tracking time, expenses etc.
The best thing about it is the ease and speed of being able to add a new job, add notes/costs/times/details and then turning the costs into invoices so easily.

Fantastic app, well done Tradify!

Pros

Quick set up and recording of times, costs, meetings etc.
Tradify on a desktop browser looks great too. Clean layout and easy to navigate.

Cons

I think the iOS app needs a bit more work.
Yes it's functional, but design wise I think it could be better.
Everything looks enlarged and blown up on the app, not particularly pretty

Reif A.

• Customer Support Software

Great app and site that helps me keep track of all my jobs and quotes.

Reviewed on 2017-06-21

Pros

Connects to my Myob and keeps track of all my jobs and quotes. Great to be able to send purchase orders and quotes from site.

Cons

The mobile application can take a little while to load when starting up and takes a bit to load each page you change too.

Scott D.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use software. Very happy with the customer support.

Reviewed on 2017-06-07

I can run my entire company through Tradify. From customer creation, to job programming to scheduling all the way to invoicing. It does it all.

Pros

Its easy to use. Everything I need is all there. I can create jobs, customers, quotes and invoices all on the one system.

Toby D.

• Customer Support Software

I've been using Tradify for 18 months now and have found it to be very good for my business.

Reviewed on 2017-07-06

Pros

Tradify integrates well with Xero and does exactly what I need out of the software. I have staff members out on the road and find that I have a lot less paper work to deal with at the end of the day.

Cons

It does have a couple of bugs but nothing too serious and they are always doing work to improve and take suggestions seriously.

John P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Plexus Communications experience with Tradify.

Reviewed on 2016-09-06

We have found that it is saving us time and money as the field technicians now have an overall view of the jobs in the System and also their workload so they can manage their time better.

Pros

The remote access that allows the admin ,sales and technical staff to login, access jobs, and clear jobs. Also everyone can see the clients

Cons

We would like to see more customized Job Sheet Templates so that we can include our logo and company details. Also to be able to add invoice details on it so that our field staff can pick up payments.

Jason L.

Tradify review JAYS ELECT

Reviewed on 2017-02-08

Tradify has saved me heaps of time and allowed me to do invoicing and quotes on my phone whilst on site.
The only things i would like it to do better would be if it would work offline and also if the scheduler was able to be shared with google calendar

Pros

Convenient and cost effective

Cons

not available offline and calendar not able to be shared with google calendars

Richard L.

Tradify is great

Reviewed on 2017-01-21

My experience with tradify is very good, easy to see a job, and communicate between work mates and to see which job need to be done, also urgent pop up that need to be done asap, also can upload before and after photos of work that has been done.

Pros

List of job that need to be complete and can store photos for proof of work completed

Jens K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Tradify has made a huge difference.

Reviewed on 2016-09-06

I write about 95 % of my invoices on Tradify and it simply works for me. Before it was a handwritten affair and my secretary needed to transfer it to MYOB.
This is now history as I send it straight over and it adjusts the MYOB stock as well.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, but it is the first of it's kind so I don't have a direct comparison.
All good really.

Cons

The last update made a difference but hasn't come through on the app yet.

Martin P.

Working with Tradify

Reviewed on 2021-01-17

From day one the system was easy to use. Tracking jobs is easy and invoicing no problem at all. Very happy.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to track jobs. Very good system.

Cons

No CC on emails to copy someone in. No option for a clearance certificate.

Myeisha C.

• Customer Support Software

Great product, phenomenal customer service! Impressed with the benefits in this latest update...

Reviewed on 2016-09-06

Using Tradify streamlines our administration process and allows us to keep an eye on jobs from both the macro and micro level. Tracking the progress of a job is made easy through the creation of custom categories that suit our business and the ease with which our tradesmen can access and add to Notes for each job. Syncing our Tradify apps with MYOB also means quoting and invoicing is all done through the one site.

Jonathan S.

Wattnow review

Reviewed on 2016-08-30

made a world of difference in all aspects of our business from job management to cash flow and the new 2.o has just made it even better.

Ryan B.

Just what we needed!!

Reviewed on 2016-09-06

My wife and I run Reliable Window Cleaning in Perth. Tradify is an awesome piece of software. Easy to schedule and keep track of jobs, invoices and quotes. I love the map and dashboard that shows exactly where all our jobs are. Well done guys, keep it up!

Sarah A.

• Customer Support Software

The best addition we have made to our business

Reviewed on 2017-08-14

Reduces admin time significantly

Pros

It has reduced my admin time considerably & our employees love how easy it is to use. Its the best addition we have made to our business.

Cons

Margins need to be adjusted so that Quotes, Invoices, Job Sheets are not displayed over two pages. When clients go to view/print the Invoice there is always a second page which is blank. As this is displayed in a PDF format, it can't be changed. Logo is also displayed blurry on Invoice page.

Mark B.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Tradify is a fantastic tool for our company

Reviewed on 2017-05-28

Streamlines our company and everything is in one place, quotes and invoices can be done easily by any staff member.

Pros

Easy to use and great to set up. Our Jobs are now all loaded into one easy system and can include notes and photos of the jobs, no more piles of paper all over my desk. A price book has now been loaded to allow for ease of quotations and invoicing, great that it links into MYOB.

Kim W.
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

easy to use and easy to customise

Reviewed on 2017-06-29

all information in one place and is easily transportable from office to site

Pros

the range of custom options, you can set the program up to suit your needs very easily.
Colours make it easy to distinguish staff, jobs and where the job is up to.

Chris M.

• Customer Support Software

Very happy with the software and support. Very straight forward and fast and practical on site.

Reviewed on 2017-05-31

Pros

Integration with my MYOB software. Job scheduling and being able to make up kits for regular parts..

Cons

Would like to be able to display items in groups without individual pricing e.g. labour $100
Materials $50