Tradify

Powerful job management software for electricians & plumbers

4.7/5

Adam B.

Job Service Management and Quoting

Reviewed on 2021-09-29

Brilliant love it

Pros

ITs easy to use, integrates with Xero, easy to add materials to your catalogue through supplier CSV files

Cons

Id like to see future expansion on the service reports and being able to attach a image next to each task you have completed.

Wade M.
  • Industry: Utilities

Why does it need a title.

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

I am using it to try get myself organised, I have found myself being more organised since starting using the software, just need to make it a habit to use it constantly at each job instead of thinking, I will input that later.

Pros

I really am still in the very early stages of learning the ins and outs of it.

Cons

I would like to be able to receive alerts on my phone for jobs or appointments.
The software allows me to double book my time, which seems strange, if I try to schedule an appointment that overlaps an already scheduled appointment, it should alert me, and not allow it.
Perhaps this one, is something I am doing wrong, but If i make a kit, and want it at a certain billing rate, it always appears in my quote as the Standard billing rate.

Response from Tradify

Hi Wade
Thanks you very much for your feedback especially from a new user like yourself. We're so thrilled to hear that Tradify has helped you get more organised, and it definitely helps replacing pen & paper with Tradify wherever you go.

Thank you also for letting us know your recommendation/request on how to improve on our platform. The ability to receive alerts to prevent double booking is something we can take onboard into our list of continuous improvement for our platform.

However the issue you're having with special billing rate appearing in your quotes is something we can help you with. Could you please contact our support team ([email protected]) so we can show you how to get this working the way you need it to be?

thanks again for your review.

Kind Regards
Tradify

Nathan B.

Happy Plumber

Reviewed on 2016-09-06

We run 12 staff and up to 60 sites a day. Its great to use simple to follow. The staff had it nailed in 2-3 days.

Pros

Web based booking system that talks to my accountancy package simply and efficiently suitable for all phones with browsers. Its been very stable as opposed to other more complex and difficult systems we have used in the past. Has all the reports and features needed to work out productivity and cost tracking per job/ profitability. The added bonus is the cost!!! I saved approximately $650 per month switching to this product.

Cons

not a lot really.

Alex H.

Wow! Just wow !

Reviewed on 2020-06-24

Pros

When I first started my business, my invoices and quotes were all over the place, I’d lose track of jobs or jobs which I hadn’t invoiced for. After downloading Tradify I honestly don’t know how I lived without it !

Cons

Would be good if they added in a feature that you can write up reports for insurance companies or letters with your header and logo

Daniel D.

• Customer Support Software

This is the best piece of software for trade businesses especially electricians, plumbers.

Reviewed on 2017-06-14

Reduced time doing admin work.
Consolidation of materials into a single line item.
The ability to get your invoices out to your customers quickly, therefor getting paid quicker

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is the ability to consolidate materials into a single line item named materials. This saves massive amounts of precious time not having to double handle paperwork when creating invoices.
The user friendly interface makes navigation around this software a breeze. From quoting a job to inputting time and materials into jobs to invoicing a job
It saves time and helps to get paid quicker because you can invoice on the completion of job while on site, no more invoicing months later.
The intergration with accounting programs reduces lost time by sitting down doing admin work and lets you get on with what you do best.

Belinda Y.

Job Tasking and Management is easier with Tradify

Reviewed on 2017-03-13

Tradify allows all Office Staff and Technicians to be informed and kept up to date with jobs requiring attention, quotes that have been processed and links with our Accounting Software for book keeping records. Tradify has become an integral part of our business operations and has allowed our business to move into and maintain up to date technology for our customers and management.

Pros

Allows access to all Staff/Employees at a level that Management decides is applicable.

Cons

Does not have an "auto save" function

Reif A.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Job Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 2016-08-29

I use Tradify everyday, it makes my days run so much easier to plan my week and keep everything organised, I run a locksmith business and time management is extremely important. planning jobs and appointments doing quotes and being

Pros

Planning jobs/appointments, being able to sync with my accounting software and the ability to do quotes and track job history :)

Cons

Not any cons that I can think of.

Michael O.

• Customer Support Software

Could not survive without this software!!

Reviewed on 2021-02-02

Awesome! Customer service is great and the program has literally saved me thousands by creating systemisation of my business and processes and get me away from any paper-based format

Pros

Scheduling jobs, quoting & invoicing & integration to MYOB are amazing!

Cons

Importing supplier statements against invoices & jobs could be improved

James U.

• Customer Support Software

the right tools for the job !

Reviewed on 2016-09-06

We have ben using Tradify for a while now, we find it a very useful tool to manage all our staff, assets and multiple job sites each and every day.
The system allows us to track exact costs of each job at any time, and makes sure all materials and time is charged to the right job.

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly by giving each team an Ipad they can self manage their own jobs and purchases, whilst allowing management to see what's happening.

Cons

There are a few features we would love to see, but in saying that we have over time talked to the team at tradify and a few of our wish list items have started to appear.

Stuart N.

Get your nights back.

Reviewed on 2017-02-14

Great basic software package, has saved me from hours of data entry each week and has enabled me to book & change appointments efficiently.
Couldn't work without it now.

Pros

Simple and easy to use and understand yet still powerful enough to do everything I need and more.

Cons

I need somewhere to "park" jobs that are awaiting parts that separates them from other types of statuses. In progress is the only type once you've started the job. I may be missing something here but I'm seeking guidance on it.

Robert F.

Tradify with Commercial HVAC

Reviewed on 2021-02-01

Very easy.

Pros

The ease the use.
The compatibility with other platforms.
It’s ease to interstate with other users

Cons

I am satisfied with the product. It suits my business w I can expand.

Alec S.

Well done!

Reviewed on 2016-08-30

Having tried more than 40 different products I tried Tradify, left it, and came back to it. Bang for buck, worth it. With the new update, it's better, easier to navigate, easier allround.

Pros

Ease of use, new layout is so much easier to see what's going on. Feature packed for the price, it can't be beat.

Cons

Not enough company if I can be shown on quotes, invoices.

Response from Tradify

Hey Alec,

Thanks for the feedback! We're looking at making our invoices and quotes much more customisable with our new release, in a similar fashion to Xero - watch this space ;)

Gary B.

• Customer Support Software

Great software and excellent support!

Reviewed on 2021-02-17

Can’t fault the experience, really impressed with the continual improvements.

Pros

It has everything you could possibly want to run the heart of your business.

Cons

It can be difficult to learn from scratch.

Kevin K.
  • Industry: Maritime

Katons Review

Reviewed on 2021-01-27

Brilliant

Pros

Its Easy to use and explain to new employess

Cons

The Cost - is not super expensive but could be less for extra users.

Joseph C.

• Customer Support Software

A great piece of software!!

Reviewed on 2017-02-06

Tradify has made running a small business an ease, with its quick and easy interface to its powerful job tracking and quoting system, it makes keeping track of all things business a breeze.

The addition of the phone and tablet apps is fantastic, with only one small recommendation regarding offline support for when you have no wifi or phone signal. (The great customer support have advised me they are looking into this in the near future)

All round just a great piece of software, would highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of use.
Connectivity across platforms.
Integration with Xero.

Cons

No offline support.

Sonny Y.

Tradify_Review

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

I’m glad that we were referred to this software, these are the things that help us...

Tracking hours
Capture and attach purchase receipts
Cost is great

Pros

The menus are pretty straight forward, setting up was not too long

Cons

Would like an option to take ticket item from another Tradify user and import that into yours.

Emeka O.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Tradify is a great software to manage all business activities under one system.

Reviewed on 2018-08-03

Pros

I especially like the fact that information can be accessed through one system. The software is also very intuitive which makes the training of new users easy.

Cons

So far, I haven't had issues with Tradify at all. I hope it remains that way.

Jason F.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

We found it perfect for our needs. Easy to use and many great features.

Reviewed on 2017-06-26

Makes our job a whole lot easier.

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to do quotes on the fly and generate invoices on the spot. Great being able to track where workers are.

Cons

Does rely on internet so if you're in a remote area with no wifi or internet connection it is limited.

Neshan K.

best app i have used

Reviewed on 2016-08-29

it eliminates paper completely and also what makes it the best app that you can link Tradify with online accounting software

Pros

how easy you can add a job and do quotes and invoicing send PO for suppliers from anywhere

Cons

haven't found one yet all good

Gareth A.

• Customer Support Software

Gives my business the system it needs to grow without a doubt!

Reviewed on 2017-01-24

Enables a paperless, instant communication between office and field workers. It saves me more money than it costs for tradify by keeping tabs on everyone and the jobs in progress. No more missed items that should of been billed out . Instant invoicing from the van. I do my quotes any where I get 5 minutes and it means when I get home I've more time for family time. Brilliant software, even better support team. Easy to add staff to it as your business grows, and more importantly it's easy for them to grasp it so it's used correctly.

Pros

Its simple yet covers everything I need

Cons

Doesn't sync with Google calender.

Sheldon H.

The wonderful Tradify

Reviewed on 2017-02-24

Over the past month I have had the pleasure of using tradify to bundle all my needs for my electrical business into one easy to use app. I have seen and used other apps like tradify but no where near up to the same level in both with the app and support from tradify answering all my questions with an accurate and prompt answer. With the follow up and double checking on my self as the client I feel valuable.

Pros

Easy to use. Great support

Cons

Input of data can be overwelming but understanding maled all the difference

Leanne P.

Plexus Review

Reviewed on 2016-09-20

Have found the transition to Tradify fairly easy. Have a couple of things that are frustrating as per my statement in cons

Pros

I can log in from anywhere

Cons

I don't like that the customers email address does not print on the job sheet. You also can't see it when you look at the job information.

Adam C.
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Great product to help manage jobs and understand profitability

Reviewed on 2017-05-05

Better tracking of costs to time and jobs. Very easy to use the scheduler to assign jobs and see where everyone is at on any given day

Pros

The software is easy to manage and the mobile app is great for the onsite employees. The month end reports are very easy to generate and review

Cons

There is a bit of trial and error when it comes to setting up jobs and linking Tradify to accounting software

Graham V.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

Would have been 5 stars .................But

Reviewed on 2017-08-06

If Tradify can add a quantity conversion factor to the purchase orders, so that our stock levels can show 100's of metres rather than 20 off 30metre coils of tube that would make it a 5 star product.

Pros

Easy to use, quick to learn, well it was for me. Great for getting work progressed and engineers right information straight their smartphones.

Cons

Purchase orders and units of quantity are a problem. It is ok if items are purchased in multiple quantities of 1, but if the supplier quantity is 1 unit of 30 metres there is no way to convert the quantity and unit price in the Tradify system. This leads to problems for quotations and billing. It almost renders the quotation part of the software redundant for us.

Brendan T.

• Customer Support Software

a well thought out piece of software

Reviewed on 2017-04-22

I am a new user of Tradify and I find the software logical to use but am still working my head through all operations of the software but when properly activated will save me some 20 hours per week