Microsoft Teams

Customer Support Software
4.2/5

Michael

• Customer Support Software

MSTeams is a top notch communication app

Reviewed on 2019-07-28

Nothing but positive experiences so far and it was a welcome addition once I mentioned it was included with our sub.

Pros

- The ability to control the channels and groups
- Being able to easily get missed notifications via email
- Mobile app that is just as great as the desktop app
- Web app makes it easier for everyone to use teams with no installation
- add-ons for wiki's scheduling
- HIPAA compliant
- Able to share your screen with co-workers on the fly

Cons

- Lacks the ability to create a command like slack where you can have a bot produce a wifi code or other common knowledge that is needed from time to time

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Stitch went bankrupt and we needed another HIPAA compliant communication tool

Stitch Labs

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

It just fit our requirements - cost - ease of use because everyone already had a license and it just required a software download - compliant with HIPAA - Mobile app - easy to learn for everyone
Scott

Very Powerful Business Tool

Reviewed on 2022-07-29

Overall this is a very good tool that has changed how projects are run. It is well suited to our new hybrid work situations where some are remote and others are working on-site.

Pros

I use this product daily for my day job. Each day I attend a minimum of one or two meetings on MS Teams. It is great for hosting conferences and bringing people from around the world together. It is also great for one one one or group calls. I belong to several teams that host their info on MS Teams. It is great to have such a powerful tool.

Cons

The document storage can be a little clunky but that may just be the way that we use it. Does not interface well with our conference room audio/visual equipment when trying to use it as the host for a meeting. Must host from a separate PC, unlike a close competitor's product.

Goran

• Customer Support Software

Great messaging and web conferencing tool

Reviewed on 2022-09-13

Teams is our messaging and web conferencing tool of chooice, we use it a lot of internal and external communication with customers. It is well integrated with other Office tools like Sharepoint and Outlook.

Pros

Compared to other similar tools what I like the most is seamless integration with other Office tools like Sharepoint and Outlook.

Cons

Last couple of upgrades introduced bugs and we weren't getting notification when someone called or text us.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

We switched from Skype for Business (Lync) whem we migrated to Office 365. We also evaluated and use Slack for short period, however Teams is more commonly used by our customers.

Skype

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Teams is more commonly used by our customers.
Kristianna
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Microsoft Teams - Making Remote Work Possible

Reviewed on 2022-06-27

I use Microsoft Teams all day, every day to engage with my team, communicate in the remote work environment, hold video meetings to incorporate as much human interaction as possible into the virtual environment. Teams allows me to share information with my team, help them in their daily tasks, play games to lighten the workday, send praise features to celebrate their hard work, etc. Remote work would not be possible (at least on my team) without it!

Pros

I would not be able to function in my role without the consistent, daily use of Microsoft Teams. I use Teams to easily chat with my team, host online Team events, share important data, private message, host video meetings, make quick and easy phone calls, etc. I also love that there are so many add-ons that I can utilize (like the Praise feature) to engage with my team and reward productive output.

Cons

The only con that I would list would be that the emoji menu should have a recently used section. But, this is super minimal, as the selection for emojis to brighten up my team chat and engage with my team is vast!

Abhresh

Best Product but poor recording quality

Reviewed on 2022-07-30

Great experience except video recording quality

Pros

Very easy to use and effective product for daily office needs. Very good for taking webinars too

Cons

Video quality is pathetic and there are no impact of the setting too

Webex, Zoom Video Webinars and Google Meet

Easy of use and professionally very impactful than Google Meet

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Cheaper option with multiple other benifits
Luke

• Customer Support Software

Needed during covid but with many cons

Reviewed on 2022-07-31

Pros

It helped deliver online lessons to pupils across the country. It was great to create multiple groups of pupils and teachers.

Cons

It crashed often and didn't open or work on older computers. Many pupils depended on their parents phones and teams did not offer everything on mobile than its desktop site.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

It was chosen by the ministry of education as a better choice for educators and pupils.

MS Teams a natural collaboration solution choice for Office 365 users

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

We were looking for a VoIP vendor to cut on our growing telecommunication bills. With Microsoft 365 Business Voice coming with Teams we replaced our existing phone system, in spite of the additional licensing costs.

Pros

The chat function is superior to those commonly found within most collaboration apps and supports multiple configurations : teams, groups, and individuals.

Cons

Too many options to choose from, without much guidance on prioritization

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Economic reasons : lower costs, easier integration and extra capabilities.

Webex

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

MS Teams came as an all-in-one solution, much easier to deploy and manage in our Windows environment.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

• Customer Support Software

MS Teams is all you need to communicate within your company

Reviewed on 2022-09-18

It's an awesome tool. As i said previously once you deploy it in your org, your internal communication boosts!

Pros

Everything!
The chat is awesome, the integrations, the teams management, etc.
Once you deploy it in your company you don't want to change it.

Cons

The RAM consummption is very, very high!

• Customer Support Software

Cannot say how much I dislike this product

Reviewed on 2022-09-17

For over two years I had massive issues with Teams. It would constantly stop loading and even when trying to access via the web version it would fail. This meant that I had to reinstall Office 365 each time and even then, this often would not solve the issue. Help from Microsoft was of no use.

In the end the issue was solved by me leaving the company and moving to a different software solution

Pros

It's free. However there are other, more robust products on the market that are also free

Cons

The wiki function of the product doesn't allow you to download the pages to pdf and print - you can only print one screen at a time.

GoTo Webinar and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

It was free and the company liked the idea of everything being in one place
Kate
  • Industry: Market Research Software

• Customer Support Software

Wide offering of features but with issues in each

Reviewed on 2022-05-27

This has enabled rapid communication via IM, conference generation, and phone calls across all of our team members scattered across the globe. There are minor issues as to be expected with a tool which includes such robust and varied features, but none of them are blockers.

Pros

The ability to have chat, phone, screen sharing, conference generation and calendar integration have been critical and allowed us to integrate many functions across platforms. Teams integrates seamlessly with Outlook to create calendar items and tasks across the two platforms.

Cons

While there are plug-ins for Word and Excel that enable creation of word and excel documents within teams, the most basic function needed for integration is shoddy - when copying or pasting an Excel grid into an IM, the formatting is removed and it is often nonsensical without it. Similarly, when pasting from word with formatting, it will often hold the formatting, but then you cannot return to the standard formatting to continue typing easily. The inability to past a small set of cells from Excel into Teams nicely causes issues quite regularly, so that we send screen shots or attach entire sheets when it should not be necessary. There are a few 'features' that waste time as well - there is an 'Activity' tab which summarizes all of the activity from the other tabs, with no way to turn it off. If I miss a phone call, I get a notification in the 'Calls' section, then a notification in 'Activity' which I do not want, it is doubling my notifications so I tried hiding the activity tab but cannot turn it off. There are a wide variety of plug-ins that can integrate with Teams to allow the use of different apps, although typically with limited functionality from the main app which makes sense. I want the command functions that Slack has, as I was heavily reliant on the 'remind' command to give myself little reminders in the form of IMs to myself throughout the day - instead, I would need to get a plug in for a specific added on reminder tool, or use the tasks function in Outlook.

• Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Best application for video calling and remote controlling.

Reviewed on 2022-04-12

Overall Microsoft teams is best application in my perspective. I loved approximately each and every feature.

Pros

The best thing about Microsoft teams as a video conferencing is the audio and video quality. This application do not consume large amount of memory and space which makes it friendly for the developers like myself.

Microsoft teams is easily understandable and easy to use software. Teams provide lots of feature which comes handy to the user such as video calling, chats, screen sharing, polls, note making etc.
The most facinating thing that I liked in teams is taking remote access to other collegues.

Cons

Microsoft teams sometimes do not update or wrongly update the status. For example, when I am in a call, sometimes it shown to other users that I am away or awailable. The file structures is very confusing and at some point there is unnecessary storage consuption.
The swtiching of the call from mobile to PC sometimes is harder.
It may happen that the message is not getting sent even if the network is strong and there is no option to try again.

Ladele

Teams R us

Reviewed on 2022-03-24

Extremely happy with Teams because overall, it allows us to do business as if we were in the office. Really dissinetegrates the feeling of working remotely and keeps our team closer at hand for any tasks that we may need to discuss.

Pros

Loved the virtual background selections for screens on video calling and the alerts are promt. Functionality and usage is really easy, the busy on a call, in a meeting, away or logged out setting is such an important criteria that helps us know when we can and or cannot disturb another team member, and the fact that I can use it on my Android from anywhere does help our team members stay intouch.

Cons

Transcribing voicenotes when I have missed a call, can be improved. Usually the translations of voicenote left in my call log looks like jibberish but on the upside it does allow you to listen to the recording aswel.

Ndimuhulu

Microsoft Teams' Virtual Background and Advanced features

Reviewed on 2022-03-21

Teams has allowed us to work remotley in a more efficient way where we don't need to share files in another plartform and meet on a different one everything is at the same place

Pros

- Easy to setup even those who are less technical can set it up
-Syncs with sharepoint making sharing of files easy
-allows simultaneous editing of a shared document
-Meeting recording are saved at sharpoint and a file is automaticaly made at it arranges them
-Transcription allows you to quickly read the convo and go to the area of interest on the recording

Cons

-while it is easy to setup setting up other softwares like white keyboards software on it is difficult
-Simple to use for basics but complicated for advanced features
-Bug with the background filter app preview

Google Meet

File sharing

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

more of my customers and projects teammates are on zoom so basically social space
Ashik

• Customer Support Software

One of the top application for online meetings.

Reviewed on 2022-01-30

For talking online or video chatting, this has given a large section of choice. One can modify the use according to need. Hosting an online meeting has become a matter of seconds. It has synced well with google calendar. Overall his has boasted the business. The clients are too happy using such application.

Pros

This is loaded with all the necessary sections for conduction meetings online. The third party app installation is very easy and many of those are previously plugged in too. The user interface is very intuitive and has a learning curve. Video and audio quality seemed pretty good. There is option to post files in a secured section. Assignment section has given a chance to organize small tasks for team collaboration. Joining a tam is very easy as only a code is needed. Presenter in a meeting can control voice so it removes noise.

Cons

The mobile interface is slow. PC version sometimes gets disconnected. It requires high bandwidth for smooth online meetings.

Carlos
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Microsoft Teams Collaboration Platform

Reviewed on 2022-01-12

Microsoft Teams is a very powerful tool that gives you a high level of integrity with office tools and becomes a strong collaboration tool when combined with the different apps that permit more interaction between teams of work.

Pros

Integration is one of the most remarcable featureas as it has a great interface with Office365, AD and other Microsoft Apps and Products.

Cons

External collaborators are not familiar with it and commonly have problems by installing or using it if it is not their corporate platform.

Webex, Zoom Meetings and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Intregration to Office365 and other products such as PowerBI made the difference.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

The level of integration with other Microsoft products.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A decent alternative for work messages, but not the best option

Reviewed on 2022-01-12

My experience with Microsoft Teams has been mixed. On one hand, it is a very useful call software and its notification system works really well. On the other hand, I find the interface not pleasant and not intuitive, and to my opinion it still misses some separation features like between group chats and personal chats. The possibility to see user status is nice, as well as the out of office information. The channels of a given team are easy to use and to navigate through and the comments system works well. However, I have used teams on both Windows and Ubuntu Linux and while it works well on Windows it still has a lot of bugs on Ubuntu Linux, which are unresolved and make competitors such as Slack gain quite a lot in this aspect.

Pros

The strongest point of Microsoft Teams is the call quality and the integration with outlook. Teams makes it possible to share calendars and check the availability of meeting participants, so that the scheduling can be done accordingly. The calls are always smooth and audible, and the interface of calls is very nice. One strong point is the ability to have both chat and call in the same software. The "Teams" feature is also well developed with the many channels helping workflow.

Cons

The interface is not pleasant. Adding documents and files to a chat makes it hard to find them again and the way the pinned tabs work is not really intuitive. Additionally, group chats and personal chats all appear in the same place under "chat" but it could be nice to have a separation between them, such that it is easier to understand who the messages are being send to. Slack does something similar by not only separating them but also putting a hashtag in front of channels, which makes it much easier to distinguish. The integration of apps such as OneNote is not optimal and keeping documentation is not intuitive and caused us to switch to a different documentation software.

Petar

Good enough, but not Great

Reviewed on 2021-12-30

Good enough, but not great, especially if you have used other communicators.
UX is light years behind the competition.
The only 2 reasons to use MS Teams are pricing (included in MS Office), and the integration with other MS Office products.

Pros

Very good integration with Outlook and MS Calendar.
Good switching between desktop and mobile during a meeting.
Useful notifications / reminders when a meeting starts.

Cons

Alwful UI and UX, unintuitive UI, non-productiv shortcuts, not very configurable, not good default settings.
Linux app is not on par.
Search functionality is not very good.
Has bugs - sometimes loses message history, not synchronizing b/n desktop and mobile apps, not showing the correct status, not sending notifications on time, etc.
Missing some important functionality - like push to talk during a meeting, or good annotations.
Some functionalities are not developed properly - for example integration with MS Forms is pretty bad.
Comes short when compared to the competition like Slack.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Lower pricing, better integration with MS Outlook and Calendar.

Zoom Meetings and Slack

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Lower pricing, better integration with MS Outlook and Calendar.

Working from home just got a whole lot easier throughout 2021

Reviewed on 2021-12-28

Microsoft Teams, Wow Wow Wow! Well long gone are the days of spending 20 to 30 mins trying to get all my learners to battle through Cisco WebEx's complex dial in process....OMG the nightmares so many of us had with that is just beyond belief.
Teams has been a lifesaver, timesaver, stress reducer in a time of high anxiety. It's been a brilliant investment by our workplace. We have our working meetings so easy to set up and in contrast to other softwares, there is no time limit. We can pass files back and forth, open files simultaneously to work collaboratively. It's saving huge amounts of time, improved efficiency and hence increased productivity. It has been a brilliant promoter of paper free working, less emails, and more in the moment work.

Pros

The video conferencing, screen sharing and being able to invite a limitless number of colleagues to the meeting with such ease has to be one of it's top strengths.
Live transcription on the go during meetings
Ability to see our colleagues in the display individually or a together mode on the seats; it's an extraordinary touch.
Absolutely love how you're able to change backgrounds throughout the meeting during conferencing
Very easy to set up and in contrast to other softwares, there is no time limit.
The ability to pass files & documents back and forth and to open files simultaneously to work collaboratively. It's saving us huge amounts of time, improved efficiency and hence increased productivity.
Breakout rooms are a breeze to set up and makes life so much easier.

Cons

Low bandwidth can be an issue, would have to switch the cameras off to compensate.
Have to mute chats to stop notifications constantly popping up in the bottom right hand corner - can be very distracting during sessions.
The whiteboards need better integration, e.g. being able to prepare prior to session, save after completion of sessions etc.

Robert
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

• Customer Support Software

Microsoft Teams has become fundamental for me

Reviewed on 2021-12-18

Microsoft Teams is best in the present circumstance of pandemics. Every one of the organizations needs to embrace innovation to work from remote and safe the world. Resolving the issue our organization likewise move towards the utilization of the remote work help application Microsoft groups that were planned by Microsoft. It [helps] us to deal with all remote work productively and furthermore permit us to make normal meeting through the application.

Pros

Magnificent Video Conference Functionality and Direct visit accessible between Team individuals.

Cons

Execution issue and time slacking while at the same time utilizing Teams.

Google Analytics 360 and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is an extraordinary instrument for keeping groups associated. It has an extraordinary visit highlight that takes into consideration texting associates. Microsoft Teams likewise can have group gatherings with or without video to keep groups associated and in total agreement. It tends to be utilized to arrange gatherings both inside and with outside advisors and merchants. At the point when you likewise consolidate the versatile application notwithstanding the work area form, Microsoft groups are significantly more adaptable. It is an extraordinary apparatus.
Zakaria
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Microsoft Teams Improves Communication and Helps Build Teams that Enhance Productivity

Reviewed on 2021-12-23

I accept we've been utilizing the most recent forms of the arrangement. We use whichever adaptation is pushed out with Office 365.

I would suggest the item. It works with everything. I have an iPad Pro, I have an iPhone, I have my PC. It's introduced on each of the three gadgets. It works perfectly.

I'd rate the arrangement eight out of ten, basically on the grounds that there are a couple of things the arrangement actually needs to enhance.

Pros

Permits you to set up groups for explicit tasks just as a group for the whole office to keep everybody in touch. A disregarded capacity is the capacity to look through anything inside Microsoft Teams. Any photograph, report, or talk can be looked and found pretty without any problem. I can't perceive you how frequently this has saved me from reworking something or begin once again.

Cons

Video quality was shaky on occasion yet may have been an impression of association speeds more than of the abilities of Teams. Need a more instinctive method for organizing the Calendar work in Teams with outer schedules so you don't need to facilitate between a few distinct schedules.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is utilized, for our situation, to team up with every inward worker, to chip away at offering a few recommendations, and to cooperate online on records in Word and Excel. We generally use it to team up on the web and to have video gatherings with clients. We can coordinate SharePoint destinations with others. We have libraries that are accessible inside Teams so that individuals can match up those libraries to their nearby drives and subsequently will have the most exceptional data and archives available to them.
Gábor

Experience with MS Teams

Reviewed on 2021-12-21

Me and my company using MS Teams for more than 2 years now and it had positive changes, making the product better over time. We had Skype for Business on first, then a migration to O365 made the usage of this product possible. It is also widely used among our customer, makes easier to have a communication with them, we can also form "Teams" from different companies, domain, makes the collaboration more smooth. Its embedded Outlook meeting creator is good feature, also it can be implemented, integrated with other software as well, so it has 3rd party applications to be used. It price I would say really worth the price if you can use its features properly, it work online, work on your mobile devices, just give it a stable network. In the company we used this nearly all of the time. It has a few thing to get improved, like the sound quality, getting to drop a little bit of IT power requirement, getting a better camera quality, being more fast when controlling a participant screen, being able to easily switch between different account/email addresses.

I highly recommend everyone MS Teams as I have a better, smoother experience with it, then I had with other programs.

Pros

Starts with Windows, runs on a lot devices, screen sharing with a sound, various chatting features, ability to share links, files, take over the participants screens, record a meeting. Chat history is also a very useful feature. Easier to be set then Webex., outsiders can be called to the meetings quickly.

Cons

Sometimes loads for a time, the sw. takes a lot of space, so consume a big memory portion, searching for a text in the chat history may take time. When you move from one network to another, mostly jumping between VPN, it tends to lose the connection even when you got back to your "home" network and shows you offline, does not send/receive messages.

Daniel
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Effective for Office Communication and Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 2021-12-16

It has enabled us to communicate more effectively within the office. We are able to notify individuals and teams entirely which allows for effective flow throughout the day.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate after a few days of using it. I like how you can structure into teams and the permissions are very easy to toggle. The interface is pretty user friendly. The apps "shifts" allows for a simple scheduling software for the teams.

Cons

The navigation of teams gets some taking used to especially after a transition from Slack. I am not fond of having to start a new thread with every message. I was more of a fan of slacks interface in how you could just start typing a message after being in a channel. I feel like sometimes notifications easily slip through the cracks in teams.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

The money and the ease of access/use was definitely the reason. Slack had its benefits but it also had its limits.

Eva

Great Video Conferencing Tool

Reviewed on 2021-12-09

This is an essential remote working tool that we cannot do without. My team and I communicate with each other constantly throughout our working days, solving problems and sharing ideas instantly.

Pros

- Combine video & audio conferencing into one powerful digital workspace
- Wide breath of features for both high quality and reliable conferencing and collaboration under one roof
- Support large number of users distributed across multiple channels and locations
- Synchs well with all Microsoft products saving time switching between tools
- Outlook calendar integration allows overview of scheduled meetings and joining meetings in one click
- Solid security offered by Microsoft provides peace of mind
- Accessible from the web making it easy for external users without having to download app or register for an account

Cons

- Large number of available features can be daunting for new and technically less savvy users
- Multilayer navigation can be confusing initially and require proper training to maximize usage of the tool
- Great for formal organizations but can be inhibiting for smaller and informal settings such as schools

• Customer Support Software

A Fantastic Way To Work Remotely!

Reviewed on 2021-12-13

Teams came in handy for my organizations during the COVID period as we were not allowed to work from the office in large numbers. We took all our meetings virtually using teams.
I did recruitments and trainings through teams.
Team work has since improved because we can screen share files and work on the same project easily.

Pros

I use Teams for my everyday office work; from meetings to training of new employees, webinars, File sharing and staying in constant communication with my co-workers or clients.
I have daily presentations with my clients and Teams has made it easy for me because of all the features they offer.

Cons

Teams tends to consume a lot of data bundles compared to other platforms forcing one to spend more on internet.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Calls keeps dropping with Slack and this was jeopardizing my work with clients. teams is well organized and has limited features to offer with a free version.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams does not limit the number of people on can join in the meeting also it can be used for long compared to Zoom which has limitations.
Ariana
  • Industry: Telecommunications

MS Teams: the good and the bad

Reviewed on 2021-12-09

Honestly, not amazing. The user interface has a nice look, but it falls short of what I’d expect from such a premium product. The emojis are terrible, it has functionality issues, it needs a chat notification and meeting alert redesign, and it’s just not as streamlined as it should be.

Pros

I like the integration with other MS apps. There’s also good ease of use when quickly setting up a meeting, or screen sharing within MS Teams.

Cons

The emoji design is horrible and ugly. I know that’s not a big deal, but trust me, it is. These are the worst emojis I’ve ever seen. I literally have GOOD, non-MS Teams emojis sitting on a page on OneNote that I copy and paste when I want to use emojis, because the ones in MS Teams are literally hideous.

Also, there are considerable problems with audio delay in some meetings. I think MS Teams has some issues in prioritizing different data packets. This does not happen in Webex. This is an issue I’m currently working with a team to look into, because it has occurred with quite a lot of people in my organization. Also, if it’s a meeting with a substantial amount of people in it, even if everyone’s cameras are off, the screen sharing function will often just freeze and stop working.

Another issue is the chat functionality. Good lord, the organization of different chats is terrible. Instead of having all your Teams chats and your individual chats in one place, with the newest one showing at the top and with clear “unread” notifications, you have to click into the “Teams” section to even SEE if you have unread content in there. Absolutely terrible sorting of these. Webex puts them all in one column, making it more clear and apparent when a new message exists. This is probably something you have to see to understand, but it’s not a good choice on MS Teams’ part.

Lastly, there are no alerts for when your meeting is starting. I have been late to a couple because of this.