Clear Estimates

Cloud-based contracting estimation tool for builders

4.5/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Jason

• Customer Support Software

Great software for the technically challenged tradesman.

Reviewed on 3/27/2020

I am able to have faster turn around times on my quote generation for my potential new customers. I really like the invoice and payment options. Make running a business more streamlined and efficient.

Pros

I am not a very technical guy. I work in the trades and I can repair most anything. Clear estimates is easy for me to learn and use. The training videos are extremely helpful. If I can use this software to generate professional quotes anyone can. Anytime I have needed personal assistance over the phone they were always there for me. They want me to be successful using this software. It is very customizable to fit your business weather it be a Handyman/remodeling business or general construction.

Cons

Honestly the cons are all pointing at me the operator. I am learning as I go and not very good using any technology. I can use clear estimates and get better with it on every project.

Sheen

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, unassuming software for remodel estimating - Saves hours of work.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

After using both the downloaded and cloud versions of this software for about 4 years, I can't imagine how I ever did without it. Previous to this we used QB to estimate our projects, which was a time consuming and tedious process that seemed like it always being done from the ground up on every project.

Once the initial time of a 1/2 day to a day is invested to set this software up to fit your business needs, even the most complicated proposal or estimate can be completed in an hour or less, with many of our standard proposals being generated in 15-30 minutes.

Pros

Easy to use, great support, cloud storage

Cons

Little technical items like having to manually fill and delete lines in individual categories

Response from Clear Estimates

We are thrilled to hear that Clear Estimates has saved you hours of work, Sheen. You have been with us for a few years now and we appreciate your loyalty very much. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

Matt
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Lack of Flexibility causing time to be wasted

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Because Clear Estimate was not set up for me to be able to utilize it I simply was not able to utilize it. I forgot to shut it down and then got charged for two additional months at $59 a pop.

Pros

I like that there was already a lot of information, which claimed to be updated regulary

Cons

This software is locked into one cost code system. And the time I would have taken me to readjust all the job cost lines to match a Masterformat Division cost code system (which is what all my other software is set up as), was way to costly from the aspect of time to even think about Clear Estimates being an option. I identified this to you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and basically my suggestion to add this feature was simply blown off.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Matt,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Even when a customer doesn't have a positive experience with us, it's important for future customers to know about your experience.

Unfortunately, the task of changing over our entire system of part organization to a different format would be an enormous task rather than a quick update we can make to our software.

Currently, you can always go in and adjust the titles of the cost categories that we have (there are about 40 of them so it would take some time for sure). You can also export the parts list, make your edits in Excel, and then re-import the items into your account.

Either way, I appreciate you taking the time to try our software and provide feedback. It's too bad we didn't have the right formatting for you out-of-the-box. And while we do offer the ability to adjust the cost codes, I understand that it takes time and might be easier to find a different solution for your business.

Best,
Jack

jarad

• Customer Support Software

Fast setup, Easy to use, great support

Reviewed on 9/17/2018

I have used this software online with 5 different companies including my own its very easy to swap back and forth between companies.

Pros

Sign up, you online quickly and its super easy to setup and if you have a question you get an answer and you get it quick.

Cons

could use some more localized things added as different regions have different things they do due to weather for example.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Jarad! We appreciate your review. It's great to hear that our team has answered all of your questions as they come up. We're glad Clear Estimates has been useful for all of your business estimating needs. As far as local items, we'll will have a member of our team reach out to see if you have any suggestions for your specific area! - The Clear Estimates Team

Barry

Home Improvement Clear Estimate Review

Reviewed on 2/27/2017

This is the second time for me using Clear Estimates. After not using the program for a couple of years, I was surprised at the updates made, that made it easier and faster to develop my estimates, and the fact that the cost for the program had remained the same. The support and the new videos are fantastic. I have recommended it to several of my friends, who are also contractors. The nice thing is, the more you use it the faster and easier it gets. I do a lot of the same kind of jobs, and now all I need to do is copy an old estimate when doing a new one. I can see what I estimated on the old one that was high or low and make adjustments and if needed, add or subtract items as needed. This is really made easy with this program, and keeps my estimates more consistent. The Proposal and contract part of the program is great and can be customized with little time and effort. I highly recommend this program over the 3 others I have used. None were this complete or easy to use for the cost.

Pros

Easy to use, and cost.

Cons

I do Wish it had more small Home Improvement cost items.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Barry,

We're happy you've found our support articles and videos to be helpful. We do our best to provide as many resources as we can to make sure our customers succeed.

Thanks for the home improvement part suggestion - we will look into it.

- The Clear Estimates Team

Jon

works FLAWLESSLY

Reviewed on 10/1/2016

I've been using "CLEAR ESTIMATES" for about 6 months. I put very little time into learning how to use this software, (I basically jumped right in) and the estimates get done flawlessly. If I have a question I go to the tutorial videos and they walk me right thru it, and if there's a question I can't find an answer to. (Hasn't happened yet) I can press the question mark at the bottom of the page and there's someone from "Clear Estimates" there to answer. They did quite a job building this software and putting all the videos and webinars together. I should also add, the videos and webinars are free. I started out using a different estimating software, from a well known company. It was a huge headache. There was zero support, No training videos, just a class that was available once every 6 months for $500. They can't hold a candle to "Clear Estimates" last estimating software you'll ever need.

Pros

Professional looking, easy to use. VERY EFFECTIVE

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Jon, thanks for the kind words! We are so glad to have had you on board for the last several months. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

Wes

• Customer Support Software

Clear Estimates software review from Wes Ballinger.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016

The software works great. The templates are very good, but it is also very easy to customize. I am very happy to have the service.

Pros

The fact that you have gone online is great. Not needing to backup my database is wonderful.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Wes,

Thank you for the review. We strive to provide you with a great estimating tool. When you have success, we do to!

Corey

Great Etimating Software

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

We have easily conquered the estimating cross training, easy access from any computer, built in adjustable pricing., as a result, of saving time estimating, we are seeing increased closing rates

Pros

I switched from Xactremodel about 6 months ago, and as a small growing business, I can much easier train Clear Estimate software to other coworkers, plus it is web based which makes it very convenient for any user to access from a web browser. I was a fairly smooth transition, As Clear Estimates is very easy to use.

In reference to how the estimating function works it is fantastic. I am able to set my labor rates and multiply by fractions of the hour-the ability to manipulate the clean template make its very easy for our customers to read and understand, as a result, I believe my closing rates have increased by roughy 10%.

Cons

I really can not think of anything I do not like. Sorry, but I love Clear Estimates

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Corey! It's great to hear Clear Estimates has become a useful tool for your remodeling company. It is stories like yours that keep us going. We strive to offer an easy to use, functional and valuable tool and are glad you have found it to be so. Keep up the good estimating and let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

Howard

Clear Estimates Review

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

I am a long time user and have been using Clear Estimates since the first revision. I am very happy with the updates, modifications made over the years. Customer support is the best of any SW company I have ever done business with!

Pros

Ease of use, able to put estimate together in a modular form. Jack in customer support.

Cons

I would like to better control the boiler plate items.

Response from Clear Estimates

Howard, thank you so much for your support over the years. We're very happy to hear that CE is working well for you. Take care. - The Clear Estimates Team.

David

Streamlining the biding process

Reviewed on 10/23/2020

I am very grateful for Clear Estimates. It has more than paid for itself in the past couple of months I have been using it. It has helped me realize how low my estimates have been. I am better able to test the market for the going rates on projects so that I can be more competitive with the current market without underselling myself.

Pros

Clear Estimates has made the estimation process of my business so much easier. I save a lot of time, now that I have learned how to navigate the software. I do so many different types of projects, it is hard to keep up with the changes in pricing of supplies as well as labor rates. Before using Clear Estimates, I would routinely underestimate the cost of materials and time necessary to complete a project. Clear Estimates has helped put me in a much better place financially.

Cons

The downside to Clear Estimates is that it takes a while to really understand what it is capable of doing, as well as how to adjust it to fit my needs when a project requires estimating something that the software doesn't contain. I have only been using it for a few months, so I am sure there are lots of things I have yet to understand, but being a small company, I don't really have the necessary time it would take to figure it all out.

Dave

Time saver software

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

We went from producing our own excel sheets to the Clear Estimates program. What a difference that made in time savings to produce estimate, as well as producing a more accurate estimate.

Pros

There is a huge database of options with fairly accurate starting points for labor estimates. We are "Jacks of all Trades", so it's difficult to estimate labor without these guidelines.

Cons

I need to educate myself more on templates for time savings. I'm looking forward to watching the free Webinars to learn how to set these templates up.

Response from Clear Estimates

Dave, it seems that many of our clients have switched over from excel spreadsheets. We're glad you are finding our software much more helpful and easier to use. Take advantage of those templates! Thanks for your time with us. - The Clear Estimates Team

Howard

• Customer Support Software

I have used this product for greater than 8 years.

Reviewed on 8/22/2015

Pros

I have enjoyed the added features which have evolved over time. The product support team is great! hey actually listen to the voice of the customer and have continuous exchange of dialog. I don't believe I have experienced this much with software companies. Just recently i borrowed a tablet with a keyboard and brought it with me to look at a potential job. I was able to quickly generate the majority of the estimate in real time. When I returned to my office, I completed within 1/2 hour. Saved myself alot of time. Using touch screen also helps moving around.

Cons

For the online version, I would like to be able to save a local copy of the data base and use it off line. If i can

Brad

Great Software

Reviewed on 2/27/2017

I use Clear estimates for all my bids and find it is extremely helpful in saving time on my bids. Not only can I use the pricing built in to the software, but if I have something a bit more custom I need to price, I can customize as needed. Whenever I've had questions, they've always been quick to respond and very helpful in bringing me up to speed.

Pros

ease of accessibility from any device

Cons

limited descriptions of work or material items (parts)

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the feedback. We very happy to hear Clear Estimates has been a useful tool for your company.

Thank you for you continued support!

- The Clear Estimates Team

Ryan

Great software

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

I have had great success with the software. I like how I can log on anywhere and pull up an estimate

Pros

Keeps all my estimates organized. Great price for what you get. Customer service is awesome

Cons

There are so many more things that need to be added to the database. I use xactimate for insurance losses but id like to be able to use this software as xactimate is very pricey

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Ryan, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad to hear our software is having a positive effect on your estimating process. - The Clear Estimates Team

Randy

• Customer Support Software

Well put together estimating program.

Reviewed on 8/26/2019

I've been happy with it, the cost is a bit high for the amount of bids that I am currently doing, but I'm sure that will change over time.

Pros

Having not come to the business with an extensive construction background, this program has been very useful is establishing a benchmark for my work bids.

Cons

Learning the terminology...some is not intuitive.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Randy. Thanks for taking the time to write this. It's great to hear Clear Estimates has been helpful, even for someone with limited remodeling estimating experience. As far as terminology goes, please feel free to clarify anything with us. Just send over some terms you are not familiar with to [email protected] and we would be happy to assist. As far as pricing goes, we do offer year-long plans that provide a 20% discount. We also never restrict the number of estimates any of our customers can create, something very helpful for when estimate volume increases! Thanks again. - The Clear Estimates Team

Richard

Clear Estimates

Reviewed on 9/14/2017

Try it, youll love it!

Pros

Cheap and Easy to use, and can quickly put together your quote pre-written data base is included with your monthly subscription.

Cons

Needs just a little more added to its data base in way of simplistic handyman project's and more added to the template section.

Ricardo

Happy

Reviewed on 3/20/2021

I can estimate a price with out worry to check on material price at stores

Pros

Pricing updated , costumer support. Able to convert to a written estimate

Cons

Able to track a job proses , send invoice ,

Steve

Clear Estimates Review - Quality Renovations

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Prior to Clear Estimates I was using Excel spreadsheets to prepare estimates which, looking back, really left a lot of money on the table for me, as a contractor. Using Clear Estimates has not only allowed me to see the "going rates" but it also has allowed me to start charging the going rates. Presenting the professional looking proposal to customers has certainly taken that process to the next level for me and likely was the tipping point on several jobs for my customers.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support, reports look very professional

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to track changes to a proposal which would allow me to see old vs new; an invoicing module would be a great add-on

Response from Clear Estimates

Steve, we're happy to hear that our software has taken your estimating to the next level! Thanks for being such a loyal customer! - The Clear Estimates Team

Greg

Lee Remodling

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

I am a remodling contractor. I use it to give estimates to my customers. It is accurate and fairly easy to use.

Pros

I like the professional reports it generates. It has accurate costs for labor and products.

Cons

I would like more templates. It is a little difficult to change the wording of the descriptions.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Greg, thank you for the kind words and useful feedback. We're glad that you are finding our software helpful and wish you the best going forward. - The Clear Estimates Team

Bryan

• Customer Support Software

Very satisfied with this product -- been using about 10 years.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017

Providing customers with a quote using Clear Estimates adds credibility and professionalism to our company image.
It is easy to create estimates, edit, keep track of customer quotes and projects.

Pros

allows you to provide potential customers with an accurate estimate, including all aspects of the project

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Bryan. Thanks for taking the time to write this. First of all, we want to thank you for your continued support over the years. We're happy to hear Clear Estimates helps you provide accurate, professional looking estimates. The sales process of a bid is very important to us, and we want to make sure you can win the most important ones. Know that we will do our best to continue to provide a quality product. Let us know if you have any questions! - The Clear Estimates Team

Mathew

Clear estimates review

Reviewed on 3/13/2021

Pros

This program makes estimating jobs much much easier and saves a bunch of time.

Cons

Some of the pricing is inaccurate or not updated to current market pricing.

Joel

• Customer Support Software

Have used for about a year

Reviewed on 2/27/2017

This software is the best I've found for my home remodeling business. The price is fair for what it does. I don't use the pre-populated labor prices. I think every business applies a price they think is right. There are some things you don't have the ability to edit however. For example, the font of text isn't adjustable. Also, the title of the proposal isn't adjustable. I'm sticking with this program because it is the best I have found and hope they improve it in the future.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Joel,

Thank you for the review. We are always trying to better our tool with client feedback, and very much appreciate yours. As far as the font goes, you can edit that by heading up to "Options" > "Report Settings" > "General".

To update the report title, head up to "Options" > "Report Settings" > Choose the report in question > At the bottom you will see "Report Title".

If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected]

Hope this helps!

Ramachandran

• Customer Support Software

Good estimation software with a solid cost database

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

Pros

I like the way the Remodelmax cost database is organized with parts grouped into categories and subcategories. Standard Sections as reusable components on top of those parts makes it easy to create any estimate from scratch.

Cons

I feel that the UI is a bit flunky and old fashioned. It makes it difficult to perform basic and repeating actions with ease. At least I am not aware of keyboard shortcuts that can make power users perform well.

Bob

• Customer Support Software

AWESOME. Best value for what is pa cked in this app. I'd recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 3/23/2018

Pros

Easy to navigate, awesome customer service, labor and materials figured as you enter, professional looking proposal.

Cons

It takes a little to get use to. Not much else. With a very little practice and watch tutorial videos, it's easy.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Bob. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We are very happy to hear Clear Estimates has been easy to navigate, accurate and has provided you with professional looking proposals. If you ever have any questions, or happen to get stuck, just let us know. We are happy to help! - The Clear Estimates Team

James
  • Used for 2+ years

Excellent Software for the remodeler

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

Seamless

Pros

ease of use
ability to adjust markup
professional proposals

Cons

some difficulty with inserting parts in alternatives