WorkOtter

#1 Rated SaaS Project, Resource, & Portfolio Management PPM

Customer Support Software

Stephanie B.

• Customer Support Software

One of the most powerful project management tools I've ever used.

Reviewed on 2021-10-07

I can't get over easy integration is, and how many benefits I've gained from using this software. All of the things I always wanted but never found in other project management software is finally here.

Pros

WorkOtter was easy to use and implement into our existing workflow. My team instantly caught on and loved the software's features. They really hit the ground running!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons! So far, WorkOtter has been an amazing tool.

Cheryl W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

WorkOtter to WorkBetter!

Reviewed on 2020-09-18

WorkOtter has been a pleasure to work with! It is extremely user friendly for our most tech-savvy employees to those who struggle with new technology. I highly recommend this software for project management needs.

Pros

Everyone at my company loves WorkOtter! It has been a great addition to organize and properly resource our tasks and projects. The sandbox is a great resource to plan out future possibilities and move tasks around as needed. I especially love how the dashboards can be customized per user, giving everyone exactly what they need in one easy to use dashboard. The animations integrated with the dashboard is a wonderful bonus and the perfect way to view all the data. Another nice feature with the dashboards is that it categorizes urgent tasks so I'm not sifting through a lot of information to get to the important tasks for the day. This software is perfect for individual user and integrates perfectly for team use across the board!

Cons

We have no complaints so far with the use of this software, it's been great!

Changepoint PPM and Adobe Workfront

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

I wanted more features.

Mavenlink

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

WorkOtter was my choice because it's user friendly for everyone in my company. The interactive dashboards are perfect for what we need and I can see using this long term across different projects.
Hessel F.

• Customer Support Software

It is outstanding project management software system that is rich in features.

Reviewed on 2018-02-11

It is an incredibly useful PM-system and it really helps the PMs to manage their projects. In addition, it has an outstanding dashboard option which makes it easy to generate real time dashboard reports. This means that the PM can focus on running his/her projects and can communicate adequately with management without having to spend hours on weekly reports.

Trust me, I have been there as a PMO and with other systems, the PMs have to agonize over reports. WorkOtter enables generating reports with the flick of a finger (literally)!

Another benefit is resource management, which is often missing in PM systems. They often make it easy to assign resources to tasks, but it doesn't help if you can't see who is over allocated. With WorkOtter, it is easy to see and also to move resources between tasks.

Finally, WorkOtter syncs with 'familiar' tools such as MS Project or Jira. This made it easier for me to get to use it, as I have lots of experience with them.

Pros

I have used numerous PM software systems and they each tend to focus on certain features. WorkOtter has numerous features which means it makes it much easier for PMs to manage their projects.
For example, it has a section to initiate requests, which is usually missing. It has comprehensive resource management and the reporting module is an absolute dream!
I could go on and on, but this section has specifically asked for what I like "most"!
I am a PMP-certified PM and, as such, am really particular about PM-software. I have used industry standard software for a number of years and when one takes a look at WorkOtter, one can see immediately that that one has been short changed. WorkOtter is the ONLY software system that I have used that has features that should be basic in any PM-system.

Cons

I personally really like the interactive nature of the system, but I think that slightly less technical users may need to undergo a learning curve in order to get the full benefit. Imagine graphs that can be dissected and dragged and dropped to look more meaningful! Yes, you may need to try a bit to get it right, but once you get the hang of it, you will fly!

Ilya P.

• Customer Support Software

Just amazing set of tools and functionality! There is everything I need in one place.

Reviewed on 2018-02-19

We became better organized on the portfolio and projects levels. We have better control on smaller things, which always slip away. The most important outcome is that we can see the better picture now and make better decisions.

Pros

I'd like specifically highlight Dashboards, Reports and the whole entire set of available analytical tools. It's very easy to set them up and adjust on the fly. So, you can make better decisions in very short times. Also, all the dashboards are tailored to the user's role. Moreover, you can build your own dashboards, which is very helpful.

It's very easy and convenient to start using the solution, but at the same time it has advanced PM features (issues, risks, changes, status reporting).

You can easily keep track of status on the projects and assigned team members with work, So, you will be always on time.

System has various very useful 2-way integrations with other ones like JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project. So, you will never feel the pain of system migration.

Cons

This solution is so powerful, I couldn't find any significant drawbacks. English is the only language supported and there is single currency available, but I do believe that this is just a matter of time and would be solved very soon.

Response from WorkOtter

Ilya and her team were rock stars and made implementing the project and portfolio features so easy on us.

We also appreciate your willingness to share your dashboards with our other users via the dashboard library.

We have had many positive comments on the resource and executive dashboard you built and your willingness to "pay it forward" is a testament to your passion for PPM practices!

James D.

• Customer Support Software

WorkOtter represents the two most important features of project management; discipline and...

Reviewed on 2018-02-12

Pros

I am the Senior Project Manager for a Digital Marketing Agency and have been doing project management work for over 20 years using Microsoft Project primarily. The greatest advantage WorkOtter provides is the ability to do project setup once and then iterate through changes to the project plan such as scope increases, new requirements, changes to the resources needed to support the project and even group interdisciplinary projects into portfolios at the click of the mouse. A project manager the ability to take advantage of the automated features of WorkOtter such as data analytics and visualization to show the most critical executive the status of things (good and bad) in a matter of minutes vice hours and days.

Cons

The learning curve to become highly proficient with the software is significant. However, the return on your investment of time to learn the intimate capabilities of the software is high. You will recoup all the time spent leaning how to use WorkOtter through the reduction in time to manipulate the project to show a detailed performance picture for the work being done.

Whately K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

All I ever wanted plus Works with JIRA!

Reviewed on 2017-05-30

Pros

Well, me and my team used to manage all our projects with MS Project but the integration with Jira never worked quite well so I was looking for a different solution and I had a very positive experience with WorkOtter.
Something that really surprised me was the support team, they were amazing and helped us out during the entire transition process which was a great deal as my team was overloaded and could not leave their daily jobs to work exclusively on this software transition.
One other thing that seems simple but was a big deal for us is that WorkOtter send reports to users emails automatically. We have to do that a lot during the day and it saves time.

Cons

I am from Brazil and they support English only. I already mailed them with this suggestion but no ETA yet.

Aline M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Helps team collaborate, it is a solid and flexible system.

Reviewed on 2017-05-30

Pros

Work Otter has a clean and straightforward interface, with interactive visuals you can customize inside the reports. It also presents an excellent array of features for project managers and support for integrating other tools like Excel, Microsoft Project etc.
It was nor complex at all to get started with and the whole system has a clean and up-to-date appearance, very intuitive which made it easy for me to figure out the basics of how to use it within a few minutes. Best PM system I ever used.

Cons

I would like to have local storage options, the only storage option currently available is Cloud and I am not really sure if this will work forever.

Edberto C.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

An Amazing Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2017-05-21

This software transformed how our supply team handled our projects, this has given us complete control of each activity, and increased our productivity dramatically.

So, this program has done more for our company than any other that we have tried in the past.

Pros

WorkOtter is a complete project management tool, it has a simple user interface, much simpler than some other of its competitors, but is also has advanced PM features as well.

You can customize it to look basically just like you want it, if you want, you can arrange your projects in a portfolio, for example.

Any PM tool needs great storage as well, and WorkOtter gives you unlimited storage so you can link and attach documents without worrying about size.

You can assign tasks to other team members, and you can easily check status and track activity times as well.

So, this is easily the most complete, user friendly and usefull Project Management tool I have ever tried. Definitely recommend it.

Clayton S.
  • Industry: Plastics

Great transition support

Reviewed on 2017-06-06

Pros

I decided to give WorkOtter a go on a change management project I was working on and it was honestly a great experience. I found it to be a very effective system to operate on, in what concerns usage. The support team was also of big help, since they were always available to answer questions and doubts in this transition. The automation and intuitive aspect of the software allowed our most untrained coworkers to take full advantage of its features while our senior coworkers utilized the opportunity to expand their ideas.

Mubashir R.
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

WorkOtter is instrumental in building and sustaining the best software on the industry

Reviewed on 2017-05-27

My company is managed to get the most valuable resource for the right project,

Pros

WorkOtter helped us easily assess how well we utilized our entire resource pool is on an hourly, daily or weekly basis, helping us to ensure our most valuable resources are used to maximum effect, and our workload is balanced to avoid sustained periods of time on the bench. As a head of PMO, improving project delivery of my Project Managers which helps reduce project cost and increase profit margins. Secondly the report and dashboard method of reviewing information and viewing the current status of operations provides a significant opportunity to make our business more efficient and quick to respond to issues and opportunities.

Cons

Personally we love the integration with MS Project and JIRA, however would like to see intregation with Basecamp.

Barbara C.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

I love it! Clean layout and very intuitive.

Reviewed on 2017-05-20

Team work made easier and effective!

Pros

I am very satisfied with this software, I had no idea it would be such a great match for my team. I was looking for a tool that allowed my team to keep track of every tasks on our project and WorkOtter was a great choice, the team adapted quickly and I was able to track their status as well as time. Another great thing about it is that is super easy to build Gantt chart with all the features the tool offers. Also, since we work with technical drawings and product packaging arts, our files are usually really large and with this software, different from the one I had previously, I can attach these files without worrying about the size limitation! Anyways, pleasantly surprised and highly recommend WO to anyone.

Lorena Q.

• Customer Support Software

The first complete, easy and friendly Project Management software our Company has used.

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

The main purpose for why we decided to start using the system was because we noticed we needed a system to assist our team with projects planning and to monitor for completion while taking in consideration its overall resources, components, and stakeholders. Our CFO is extremely happy because now she can go over the financial on each project and do all the forecasting needed in a very easy way.

Pros

I really liked the ability to configure/customize the displays so you only see the information that's relevant for your Company without needs to go out to settings screens or long setups with support members. Also, I found great the possibility to link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage, a feature that always brought us issues with other systems we have used in the past.

Cons

Actually, according to the use we give to the software in the Company, I'd not have anything to say. I'll just mention even that the mobile version works great, some of the features are desktop only, but for us, this does not present an inconvenience.

Jason L.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

At last found the simple cost effective project management tool

Reviewed on 2017-05-18

User friendly , quick Project management tool

Pros

Dashboard : very user friendly.. all in one place. Click of a button , linked to all flows such as various projects, filters, estimates, Milestones, Resources, Staffing , Capacity planning.
Program Management and Portfolio Options are a big plus in this software. Portfolio is like a Roadmap clearly showing start to finish and how the resources are consumed. For UI experience, Color coding making it very friendly.
Reports Module - this has tons fo reports where we can see and select the desired reports.
In summary, a perfect tool for Project manager, cost effective.

Ariful I.

Unique Title Here - We Love WorkOtter

Reviewed on 2017-05-21

Pros

project, portfolio, and resource management doesn't have to be difficult (or expensive) with WorkOtter you can get started quickly , manage all types of project, and build/update your own reports.

Cons

Everything is a breeze in WorkOtter and the people are great.This software is very easy to work. work to be softly complete.

Wendy H.
  • Industry: Executive Office

• Customer Support Software

One of the Best Project Management System- Our Team Loved it!

Reviewed on 2017-05-20

Very good project management software with great support.

Pros

Workotter is an extremely effective platform for streamlining projects and workflow. The platform offers a variety of features including to-dos and milestones, which help large teams stay on top of deadlines. It also lets you choose which specific team members or groups should be included in each project or thread.

We were able to see and arrange projects into a portfolio

Team members were able to build their own dashboards and reports

Interactive features such as charts

This software is more easier to use than other project management softwares

Rochelle B.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Its a brilliant software. This software provides all the project management tool in one place!

Reviewed on 2017-05-21

A great one stop shop. I am able to be even more organized as a consultant.

Pros

I have a Master in Project Management, I apply all the Project Management principles to all my projects as a Management Consultant. I love most of all that at the clip of the mouse I can analyze the risks, cost and resource plan of my project....in addition, I can also see the progress of multiple projects. This software is a combination of all the PM software out there....inclusive of msprojects. I intend to use this software to do my work.

Cons

I need training from the developers themselves. To train the staff in Jamaica. That would be great for our company as we are a part of the government sector and we need tools like this software being used all over the country to assist Project Managers to run better projects in all public sectors in Jamaica.

Victoria C.

• Customer Support Software

WorkOtter - funny name, serious business

Reviewed on 2017-05-18

Pros

First thing I noticed with WorkOtter was the aesthetics of the homepage. Even better, you can configure the display if your eyes weren't as please as mine.

The ease of being able to stay on top of my team members workload and status is an amazing feature. Helps to keep me up to date on how my group is doing and making sure I'm not bogging anyone down.

Project management can be so unpredictable with so many moving parts, it's bound to happen, each project will get pushed back. WorkOtter has simplified that, if a project timeline moves, WorkOtter can easily move the new timeline, shift start dates AND email my team members.

This software keeps me organized even in the most chaotic projects.

Lj H.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Great Prioritization Tool for PMs

Reviewed on 2017-04-14

It is great to have multiple projects set up within an overall project in portfolios. The dashboard shows exactly what needs to be taken care of (due and past due) as well as any issues that have come up. A great prioritization tool for PMs.

Integration works well with MS Project and Office365. Easily tailored without having to customize software.

Built in reporting easily to chart and manipulate. Helpful segmentation. By people/roles/resources.

What-if scenario tool is helpful before employing into live view.

Missed milestones. Risks. Forecast v Utilization provides an at a glance look of needed areas of improvement.

Much easier to use than others: getting started and maintenance.

Pros

The dashboard featuring past due, due or high risk needs.

Cons

It's a little nit picky, but the colors of the charts. More muted colors or cooler colors are more visually appealing.

Elizabeth C.

• Customer Support Software

Always on track with Workotter tool

Reviewed on 2017-05-20

Pros

You'll find all sort of tools that promise to help you improve your productivity and a huge list of methods for tracking tasks. User-friendly. It's very affordable, especially for small teams.

Its simplicity, certainly it has captive my the team. They've all adopted this methodology immediately. Workotter allows us to collaborate daily in a virtual way in the joint projects, being able to assign different tasks, to know the state of its progress, to hold conversations, to give us constant feedback and finally to see those that have already been completed.

Cons

Should be available in different languages though. In addition, I think visuals and the board's structure should be improved.

Ruslan G.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

The system worked perfectly! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2018-02-12

This product helped our organization to optimize our processes.

Pros

Resource management and capacity planning features.
Automates team collaboration. Our team had greatly profited from this system.
Easy to get started with. The system works perfectly.
Amazing support team that answered all my questions and really helped us get started.

Ali A.
  • Industry: Program Development

Project manager reviewing WorkOtter

Reviewed on 2021-10-06

Pros

Easy to handle , time saving , can work on multiple software at one page , animations made it visually compelling and as the visual memory of a person is more strong so you can easily keep its record in brain through its animated feature, prioritizing the projects according to its revenue generation made the companies highly competitive and helps in growing the business faster, it has made communication level like a cake of piece with co workers as well as clients.

Cons

I couldn't find any cons , best software i ever came along .

Meghan B.

The Ultimate Workspace Software

Reviewed on 2017-04-14

From initial introduction to WorkOtter you can tell the creators put a lot of thought into the interface and the ability to run several projects at once with relative ease. I found the interface and main dashboard very user intuitive and very responsive when making edits. As someone who has used several project management software systems in the past (Basecamp, Confluence, Jira, Harvest, Workamajig), WorkOtter has advanced options when it comes to pulling productivity reports and seeing real time project data. I like that based on the user, you can be more than one project owner or status (aka PM on one, creator on another, etc) which allows for different access and views. If I had any critique at all, it would be the colors of the charts (red, yellow, green) being rather primitive but that is a quick fix or maybe still in beta.

The ability to manage all types of projects and portfolios in one interface is extremely valuable. Creating customized ongoing reports is a breeze and extremely valuable in the business I am in.

Rahul S.

• Customer Support Software

I have been enjoying WorkOtter to a great extent. Its just amazing and very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018-02-12

All the work can be organized in a great way. Easy to keep track of work so that you don't miss out anything. Highly Recommended !

Pros

The best part is arrangement of projects into portfolios. Another exciting feature is the ability to build up custom dashboards and ease of sharing reports with each other. Unlimited storage for attachments. Another useful feature is the Gantt charts which has very interactive features. And hey it can interact with JIRA which is great

Cons

Limited to only English language but if it can be made available in other languages so that it can widespread. Skin option for the app can be added

Charles S.
  • Industry: Program Development

Fantastic Product for Projects of all Scales

Reviewed on 2017-04-13

I was introduced to the WorkOtter software as a way to manage the complexities of managing projects with multiple moving pieces in a browser environment. The dashboards are simple to understand and reliably function as intended. For me, reliability of software is an important concern, and this software appears to be reliable.

Having worked on multi billion dollar projects, I can appreciate the need for top level views of performance of various areas, and WorkOtter provides clean and crisp graphics to give project managers and organizational managers the analysis and insight that are needed to maintain a project's budget and scheduling requirements.

One of my favorite parts of the WorkOtter software is the integration with Microsoft Project. The ability to have an immediate graphical representation of the budgetary and scheduling impact of work done in MSP gives valuable insight to project management teams.

Thank you for introducing me to this product. I will be sure to recommend it to my colleagues in need of such software.

Pros

I appreciate the integration with Microsoft Project. This allows users to capture necessary detail beyond what a browser based project management tool can offer.

Cons

I would like to be able to group organizations and view metrics such as CPI and SPI for these organizations and sub-organizations. It would also be nice to have integration from costing software such as Deltek Cobra.

Margarita C.
  • Industry: Design

Very powerful but an easy-to-use software for Project Managers

Reviewed on 2017-06-01

Project Planning
Resource management
Easy to see the progress
Easy to move deadlines
Portfolio creation

Pros

Resource management and capacity planning features;
Start simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting);
Ability to see and arrange projects into a portfolio;
Ability to configure/customize the displays;
Integration with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project (2-way);

Cons

Easy to use but we would love to be able to skin the app - sometimes it's very nice to be able to manipulate the colors and overall look and feel therefore customizing skin would be the great feature