WorkOtter

#1 PM/PPM (Gartner). Magic Dashboards PMOs Love. Demo Today

5 /5 (145 reviews) Write a Review!
Tope S.
Industry: Management Consulting

Workotter fits my organizations projects like a glove

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

It was easy to work with the engineer from Workotter to personalize our software and dashboards to the needs of my company. The 30 days implementation plan gave us the peace of mind and enough time to get acquainted with the system while knowing assistance is always at hand. The support team have been excellent so far and very knowledgeable when i contact them.

Pros

I love that the software was personalize to my company's projects. It also syncs easily to Microsoft excel which enables me to work on excel when i want to and easily transfer into the software. In a world of team collaboration, this software does a fantastic job.

Cons

None so far. Everything has been working great since we started using it.

Aaron B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Where has WorkOtter been my entire PM life???

Reviewed on 9/1/2020

Our small but growing agency has been using a combination of Asana and Smartsheets for years. This is because a large portion of our team are creatives (designers/video editors), we used Asana for internal comms and the KANBAN style board to get this work from ideation to development, and finally to distribution. We used smartsheets to keep our client's up-to-date with completed work doneand invoicing. As our work has gotten more complex, we started seeing the need to fully combine these two systems: automate.io was the only solution on the market and even this looked like it would make things more complicated to keep the system working over time. We needed something that worked and didn't require constant updates to the API. Thats's when we were told about WorkOtter. Our sales person was able to answer all of our questions, and helped us find solutions to our current Best Practices. It was like he had a solution for everything we threw at him!

Pros

- Our WorkOtter rep Dave, gave our team the best possible training. It only took us 3.5 weeks to get our entire team onboarded and using the program.

- The open APIs allow us to sync with various sytems including JIRA and even excel sheets. This allows us to pipe data directly to our clients!

- Dashboards that can be customized. What's even more amazing is that these dashboards are community-based, so improvements and additions are being made constantly.

- Most important for us, since we are always on the road, is the ability of the system to work well as a mobile experience.

Cons

Onboarding was great, but getting that started took a bit of time. Not so much a CON for the software or its team.....everyone's resources have been stretched thin due to COVID-19. We'll get through this!

Industry: Hospitality

Comprehensive project management tool for all project phases

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2/15/2018

Pros

The ability to plan a project to a very detailed or very simple level with all options in between. Very adaptable to the level of planning a particular product needs.

Cons

Single-currency. For international projects it would be very impactful to be able to see fiscal amounts in currencies used, rather than having to manually calculate outside the systems.

Response from WorkOtter

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate your overall score but some of your sub scores encourages us to do better.

Notably - your support experience didn't live up to your expectations. We take great pride in our support (college educated, min 5 years PPM experience, US only, many rounds of testing/interviewing). At WorkOtter our support team is some of our best paying and most appreciated roles (unlike competitors who it is offshore or underappreciated)

Kindly contact your Success Manager to elaborate on your experience and we would be happy to address your concerns.

We are all here to help you.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Cheryl W.
Industry: Environmental Services

WorkOtter to WorkBetter!

Reviewed on 9/18/2020

WorkOtter has been a pleasure to work with! It is extremely user friendly for our most tech-savvy employees to those who struggle with new technology. I highly recommend this software for project management needs.

Pros

Everyone at my company loves WorkOtter! It has been a great addition to organize and properly resource our tasks and projects. The sandbox is a great resource to plan out future possibilities and move tasks around as needed. I especially love how the dashboards can be customized per user, giving everyone exactly what they need in one easy to use dashboard. The animations integrated with the dashboard is a wonderful bonus and the perfect way to view all the data. Another nice feature with the dashboards is that it categorizes urgent tasks so I'm not sifting through a lot of information to get to the important tasks for the day. This software is perfect for individual user and integrates perfectly for team use across the board!

Cons

We have no complaints so far with the use of this software, it's been great!

Amelia N.
Industry: E-Learning

Platform to grow with

Reviewed on 8/22/2020

Great experience! The 30 day implementation plan launched us into using WorkOtter effectively and helped us grow into the tools and capabilities. The support team is fabulous and invested in our success.

Pros

I love this product for it's gorgeous, easy-to-use dashboards. It's so customizable and intuitive in matters of personalization. You can tell that visual displays of data and reports are important to the developers. The resource management tools are also very helpful, both for planning and post-mortem. The predictive portfolio timeline features is a great tool for allocating work to different teams or people, and it's easy to compare actual hours worked with forecasts, in order to better predict in the future.

Cons

The powerful tools can be a lot to take in at first! The on-boarding process is very helpful, with excellent support, but a some adjustment was needed to take full advantage of the software.

Laura K.
Industry: Consumer Services

Team collaboration at it's finest.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 9/2/2020

Being able to see upfront pricing allows for faster decision making when comparing products. Questions about the product were answered quickly and their knowledge helps to understand the full capacity of the program and features.

Pros

The Gantt chart with features to make adjustments and review timeline possibilities. Building dashboards to collaborate better with team members. The syncing features help to improve documents and allows for better communication.

Cons

There really are not any cons to the software itself. With a little bit of a learning curve, the software is very useful and provides many features that are needed in project management.

Industry: Wholesale

WorkOtter - Providing New and Exciting Innovations for Project Management!

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

The team at WorkOtter has been fantastic. Every team member I have worked with has been helpful, and the implementation time was less than 30 days which is amazing. I did not feel pressured to expand beyond my immediate needs at this time, and overall am really thankful for the great experience the staff has provided.

Pros

This product has been extremely easy to use. The first feature that I have found the most useful is the main dashboard, which utilizes an easy-to-read graphic interface to provide me with real-time data on a variety of project variables. I am able to quickly filter and view projects that need my critical attention, which helps to direct my day in a more efficient manner. The second feature that I love is the ability to source dashboards and reports from open community sources. This software provides a wide variety of new and innovative ways of understanding and staying on track of my project's resource allocation needs, which is a huge plus in my day-to-day workload.

Cons

I have not yet found anything so far that I dislike about the software. So far it has met my needs and is a great addition to my PM tools.

Lauren M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The BEST software for resource management

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

Our firm started using WorkOtter as we were having a lot of trouble specifically managing internal time and resources and sharing information. WorkOtter has really allowed us to see the big picture with our scheduling and quickly identify phases where we are overallocated. We are now much more efficient and leveling our resources and forecasting, thanks to all of the useful tools and dashboard KPIs we can easily track.

Pros

WorkOtter has been a huge game-changer for me with regards to managing resources on multiple complex projects. I am now managing my project teams much more effectively and have been able to forecast much more accurately.

I also LOVE the Gantt Charts, much easier to use, make changes, and I'm no longer pulling my hair out like I was with Microsoft Project.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about it!

Brittany M.
Industry: Graphic Design

Great software for project planning. Easy to use to track time and status! 5*

Reviewed on 8/21/2020

Their staff is extremely knowledgable and they don't make you answer way too many questions in order to get started!

Pros

I really like that the reports can be emailed to users automatically and you can customize and build your own dashboard. I like the mobile views of iOS and all the interactive features. This is great software and I plan on continuing to use this!

Cons

To be honest, eveything has exceeded my expectations! I can't think of anything so far!

Stanley O.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Stanley Osei-Bonsu Review

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 9/8/2020

The 20 years of experience of providing such services is clearly visible. The customer service is second to none and staff are on hand and assigned to help the client immediately to implement their expectations.

Pros

I was really ingrained with the new non-static visualisations. They provide a clearer insight into exactly the status of any given projects and its stats. Such a phenomenon greatly helps all stakeholders to make immediate critical business decisions with all relevant data in a motion view instead of static.

Another feature I liked the most was the ability to see the resource workload especially in calculating how many hires are needed for each role. Such a tool is invaluable to guide any firm to achieve their future roles plans and even to aid employee performance reviews and incentives.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of things happening on the tabs which seems quite overwhelming. It suggests the software is complicated and will need an orientation over a few days to get to grip with us.
I suggest the overall interface outlook be modified into an app icon like approach as seen with mobile apps.

Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Working productively - Easier Done!

Reviewed on 5/13/2019

When I needed assistance, I got just that. No runaround, no leading, straight answers, and confirmations. As I've stated, you will have to take some time to learn the program but it's for the benefit of alleviating management tasks. Have questions, you can always call customer service to fulfill any lingering questions/doubts. I'm more than happy with my experience and I relaying my appreciation to others has provided others with the same positive experience!

Pros

Ease of access is something every project manager, team, boss, or client, looks for in much of the planning process. Provided within the Excel Spreadsheet, helping to better utilize WorkOtter, are different resources which enable easier accessibility. As a project manager, efficiency is something I'm always looking for, without having to go through the hurdles of worrying about maintaining organization. The WorkOtter forecasts enable me to see the efficiency/productivity of different departments/projects within the company without having to recreate the wheel. It also allows me to see how different members of the team are keeping up with responsibilities – effectively managing productivity all at once – and keep track of workload. Certain projects will burden team members, but it’s difficult to assess without a system that provides that resource and WorkOtter provides the analyses to highlight areas of need be it hiring new staff or contracting. I can use the resource management and capacity features to increase productivity while also enabling the Open API's to connect with other systems. Data collecting on WorkOtter allows for presumptive planning by stretching projects out to better visualize productivity of tasks. The project timeline keeps managers focused on what’s coming up, what’s overdue, and what’s been completed. It’s more than just a list of dates but a visual tool that is color-coded and for those who want to move from the usual, basic, calendar and date method.

Cons

Getting started can be a little overwhelming. There are a lot of features and it takes a bit of time to get comfortable with the platform. I had to sit down and study it in order to feel truly comfortable and this is something that could get in the way for others who aren't apt to figuring things out on their own.

Hessel F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

It is outstanding project management software system that is rich in features.

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

It is an incredibly useful PM-system and it really helps the PMs to manage their projects. In addition, it has an outstanding dashboard option which makes it easy to generate real time dashboard reports. This means that the PM can focus on running his/her projects and can communicate adequately with management without having to spend hours on weekly reports.

Trust me, I have been there as a PMO and with other systems, the PMs have to agonize over reports. WorkOtter enables generating reports with the flick of a finger (literally)!

Another benefit is resource management, which is often missing in PM systems. They often make it easy to assign resources to tasks, but it doesn't help if you can't see who is over allocated. With WorkOtter, it is easy to see and also to move resources between tasks.

Finally, WorkOtter syncs with 'familiar' tools such as MS Project or Jira. This made it easier for me to get to use it, as I have lots of experience with them.

Pros

I have used numerous PM software systems and they each tend to focus on certain features. WorkOtter has numerous features which means it makes it much easier for PMs to manage their projects.
For example, it has a section to initiate requests, which is usually missing. It has comprehensive resource management and the reporting module is an absolute dream!
I could go on and on, but this section has specifically asked for what I like "most"!
I am a PMP-certified PM and, as such, am really particular about PM-software. I have used industry standard software for a number of years and when one takes a look at WorkOtter, one can see immediately that that one has been short changed. WorkOtter is the ONLY software system that I have used that has features that should be basic in any PM-system.

Cons

I personally really like the interactive nature of the system, but I think that slightly less technical users may need to undergo a learning curve in order to get the full benefit. Imagine graphs that can be dissected and dragged and dropped to look more meaningful! Yes, you may need to try a bit to get it right, but once you get the hang of it, you will fly!

Jessica D.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

By far the best project management software!

Reviewed on 12/20/2018

There are so many benefits WorkOtter has brought to our company. We never realized how broken our communication was before using the software. We were not meeting deadlines and everyone always seemed to be on a different page when it came to making decisions. Communication is key when it comes to project management, WorkOtter helped us realize that.

Pros

We use WorkOtter for all project management in our department. Specifically, we use the software to create tasks, modify deadlines, and prioritize projects according to budget and objectives. With the help of the analytical tools in the Dashboard, we were able to stay consistent with reporting and making decisions. It was also great that we can customize dashboards according to the user role.

Not only does it have amazing features, but it also created a supportive and team building work environment. The software automates team collaboration and has brought us together as an organization in many ways. You can easily keep track of status on tasks, and easily assign team members with work. So, you will be always on time. Our communication as a whole has never been better.

By far the best product we've used!

Cons

The software has brought so many positive features to our company. I couldn't find any significant drawbacks.

Muhammad ali K.
Industry: Telecommunications

User Friendly and very effective PM software

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Satisfied to choose WorkOtter as our Project Management software. Developed exactly according to the needs of Project managers. Organizing our tasks were not been as smoother as these are now with the help of this Software. WorkOtter seems like a member of our team which supports us in an incredible way.

Pros

WorkOtter has provided us an opportunity to get control over our complex tasks. Organization of tasks is extremely simple in the software. The software is highly user friendly and doesn’t require hours and hours of training to get used to it. Perfect software for scheduling and communication. As a PC I am always updated on the project, it takes few moments to have a check on the activities of my colleagues.
Integration of files is easy on to the online database. Easy execution of sharing and uploading files saves time. Assigning taks to members has become so convenient with WorkOtter. 2 way synchronization with JIRA is an additional benefit. The interface is aesthetically designed which is soothing to eyes. The level of customization in the software made me feel empowered and that is what you need as a PC. Lastly, it is affordable and the amount of benefits it entails definitely makes it worthy to use.

Cons

Until now the software is working pretty fine. There are no major glitches which we have encountered. Initially, some very minor concerns appeared because it was a new software for us however, the more we are using it, we are getting familiar with the software. I think due to its high customization we are unable to find any major drawback so far.

Alex S.
Industry: Insurance

My best way to save time

Reviewed on 4/13/2019

First of all, we are happy we picked WorkOtter because now it’s easier to see what my collaborators are doing and if they do it well. Also, we are more organised and the efficiency is better now and it was a problem in my company because we made a good work but we had long time results. Also, WorkOtter hadn’t some surprises like putting pressure to buy more and it made us more comfortable with this software.

Pros

The thing I’ve liked the most was that it is a complex program, with many features, but it is very easy to use. For example, a nice feature which I loved was that me, as a manager, I could subscribe to reports and after that I’ve received a lot of information directly on my e-mail and I think this is great for managers to see how is the specific project going and where they can work too to make it better. Also, on my e-mail I got all updates, but I got attached dashboards.

Also, another thing I’ve liked were the interactive visuals inside reports and I mean by that I could see all the work using infographics and custom the schedule, see my workers’ individual work. With that, I could understand all the complex data easier, discover patterns and find the problems of my workers so that I could talk to them.

Cons

I think WorkOtter is the best software I’ve ever user. I thought it will have some problems which I’ve discovered on other softwares like this but I can’t complain about nothing because all was good for me and we were happy because we choose the right software and I hope it won’t disappoint us in the future.

Project management was never easier before! WO is a comprehensive and contemporary PMP solution.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2/13/2018

A professional project management tool that can be utilized to ensure a higher ROI.

Pros

The app comes with awesome features like exhaustive project planning tools, portfolio management modules, human resource allocation and collaboration with team members, useful professional reports and charting options and several utilities that make life easier for managers like me.

I am fascinated to see how easily I can create a LCM (Life Cycle Model) flowchart and assign tasks to my team members in no time. Moreover I can track performance of my team members vividly and can take adequate actions as and when required.

The data is laid out neatly and can be accessed with a few clicks. The datasheets can also easily be downloaded and mailed. In addition any datasheet in Excel or CSV format can directly be uploaded and integrated to the online database without any hassle.

But above all I appreciate the clean and easy-to-use interface that makes my job faster and more efficient. The simplified approach ultimately saves me recurring cost, execution time and corporate resources. Just imagine that one can even customize and relocate the columns in the datasheets!

I cannot ignore the fact that WorkOtter is affordable and I do not have to spend money like water for the product. In reality a business can reduce managerial cost by a significant limit by using the wonderful cost-effective software!

The last but not the least, as the tool utilizes the most contemporary SaaS architecture, I am happy to believe that the app is fully secure and my data is protected.

Cons

WorkOtter does what it should do serving the objective of a sophisticated project management application and it is difficult to find a loophole in it.

However it gives a scope of improvement when the web version and the mobile version are compared closely as a few features are desktop-only and are not available on the mobile version of the app. Nevertheless the mobile app is equally fast and useful.

Though I have already praised the UI greatly, it could be better if it could offer users a few color schemes or skin templates to choose from to customize the interface.

Chester D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

WorkOtter: A Dream come true for every Project Managers

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

It was a wonderful and satisfying experience with WorkOtter. I must admit there were challenges but their 30 days implementation plan really worked wonder. We were never worried because the support teams were really knowledgeable and were there to support us until we have successfully have deployed the system.

Pros

One thing that I really liked about Workotter is the way how we can customize the displays. It gives Project Managers a lot of flexibility to customize the dashboard into his own style. It offers simple and a very easy way on how to create your own custom menu, where you can assign your own categories and reports. This saves a lot of time getting the right information or data that you want. Truly, this is one of the strong assets of Workotter. Another great thing about WorkOtter is their support team. they have answered my queries in the fastest manner and more importantly they are friendly. They have handled all of my queries during the 30 days implementation and so far I am more than satisfied with their support.

Cons

As per evaluation, so far we are very happy with Workotter. Though, we encountered some challenges setting it up, but all of those are just minor concerns that has been fixed already. The experience so far has been great. They have an amazing support that helps us set our business up and running. We know we made the right choice with Workotter.

Matthew M.

Everything I need and then some!

Reviewed on 2/12/2018

Pros

WorkOtter has been great so far! I am usually a bit nervous whenever we pick up a new piece of software to start using, especially with something as critical as project management tools. The WorkOtter support team was great with onboarding and getting the team up to speed relatively quickly.

Now that we've got the software set up and have had some time to move our projects over, we're starting to see the full benefits. The email reports have been great and were really easy to customize to my liking.

Clean dashboards seem to be a really popular feature these days and WorkOtter's are pretty great. I like that I can keep the information I need right at the top and have other, less important information pushed down the page. Customizing the layout to my preferences was straightforward.

If there's something that catches my attention in the dashboard, I will usually drill down into the more detailed view and export that data into Excel where I can do my own manipulations.

Since I'm still a bit more comfortable with Microsoft Project for a few edge cases, I like that integration between the two pieces of software is straightforward. Usually, I try to avoid exporting though, because the built-in tools in WorkOtter almost always cover my use case if I just put in a bit of effort to learn them.

All in all, my experience with the software has been great. It's comforting to know that if any questions do come up, the support team is always responsive.

Cons

No major complaints about the software, once we got used to the fact that it's entirely cloud based and some features are desktop only.

Ilya P.
Industry: Computer Software

Just amazing set of tools and functionality! There is everything I need in one place.

Reviewed on 2/19/2018

We became better organized on the portfolio and projects levels. We have better control on smaller things, which always slip away. The most important outcome is that we can see the better picture now and make better decisions.

Pros

I'd like specifically highlight Dashboards, Reports and the whole entire set of available analytical tools. It's very easy to set them up and adjust on the fly. So, you can make better decisions in very short times. Also, all the dashboards are tailored to the user's role. Moreover, you can build your own dashboards, which is very helpful.

It's very easy and convenient to start using the solution, but at the same time it has advanced PM features (issues, risks, changes, status reporting).

You can easily keep track of status on the projects and assigned team members with work, So, you will be always on time.

System has various very useful 2-way integrations with other ones like JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project. So, you will never feel the pain of system migration.

Cons

This solution is so powerful, I couldn't find any significant drawbacks. English is the only language supported and there is single currency available, but I do believe that this is just a matter of time and would be solved very soon.

Response from WorkOtter

Ilya and her team were rock stars and made implementing the project and portfolio features so easy on us.

We also appreciate your willingness to share your dashboards with our other users via the dashboard library.

We have had many positive comments on the resource and executive dashboard you built and your willingness to "pay it forward" is a testament to your passion for PPM practices!

Deana M.
Industry: Program Development

WorkOtter has changed the way I manage projects

Reviewed on 4/15/2017

As a project manager I am always looking for ways to add a visual aspect of projects to share with my team and with WorkOtter's dashboards I can make this happen. Role management is also a great way to keep my team organized and focused on only the data and elements that they need to see.

The resource management tool is a lifesaver. It allows me to track my team's utilization as well as scale up or down the resources I need to get any project completed on time and under budget - without burning out my team members.

MS Project sync is another excellent feature to get a project started in WorkOtter. I can work out the details I need regarding my project privately via MS Project and then upload it to WorkOtter so that my team can view the plans, resources and budgets as needed. The option to continue working in MS Project or switch entirely to WorkOtter is valuable and seamless.

I also find the ability to easily create custom reporting on the fly a feature of great importance. Quite frequently I am called upon to present timelines, budgets or resource constraints which makes it helpful to present data in an easily readable format to my customers or executives in a timely manner.

WorkOtter is a great tool in a market of sub par competitors. If you are a Program /Project Manager, Solution Designer or Developer, WorkOtter will help you stay on track and remain informed of your responsibilities and those of your team members.

Pros

The dashboards are easy to create and full of valuable information. The role management capability is crucial to managing resources and budgets. The governance model helps team members understand the work flow and how things get done.

Cons

The software needs to be more flexible to integrate with 3rd party solutions outside of MS project. There is no way to track time inside of the application via timer.

Andrey L.
Industry: Translation & Localization
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Is a very user friendly tool, it can be used by Junior or Senior PM, simple, efficient and dinamic.

Reviewed on 5/20/2017

Pros

I really love how simple the tool really is, with that I mean, if a have a new Junior PM or Project coordinator in the team, will be easy for that collegue to get into track very quicky, is not like other tools where you have to spend hours and hours in training. Next to that, the tool also provides with amaizing advanced PM features that allows me to have everything under control, create reports, update status, check changes and all that.
Another great part of the software is how interactive the reports are, as a Project Manager i am always looking to provide with information in the most simple way possible, WorkOtter allows me to do that but without leaving behind the visual and interactive side of it.
A project usually mean time and time will ALWAYS mean money, one of our favorite tools as PM in order to have time under control are the Gantt charts, WorkOtter offer me a great variaty of interactive features in order to make my charts more useful and correlative at the same time, is incredible the amount of information that you can get from a good structurated Gantt charts, thanks to this tool now I can provide the status to the folks almost everyday without spending hours updating the chart and the info.

Cons

I will like to been able to personalize the user guide interface of the software according to a specific project or company, this talking about branding and marketing. For example, when I am in a meeting been able to personalize the reports and tools

Nick C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

More than project management

Reviewed on 11/27/2018

Having used many different project management tools, WorkOtter seems to take the best of each and combine it into one system. As someone who leads a team, it's been fairly easy for me to onboard project managers and other stakeholders who need access to our projects and workflows.

Pros

I really like the ability to customize displays as different members of our management team prefer to view the dashboard in other configurations. It makes working with a team pretty simple and allows us to constantly adapt as we build out our projects through the software. There are a lot of ways to automate aspects of team collaboration which has been helpful for us not having to delegate those tasks to someone else. It's been easy to get our team to buy into the system with the email updates sent out to our management team. Naturally with any new software certain members of the team aren't as quick to learn the whole system but the emails allow those who aren't as comfortable on the platform get a snapshot of various projects and extract the necessary data. The software also integrates with a number of other web apps and software using their API's so we've been able to continue to use our favorite tools and we are now using them more efficiently since it's tied into our project management system.

Cons

No glaring issues with the software, everything has been working well. There are some features we use regularly that are only available in the desktop version but it hasn't really prevented us from doing what we need to do.

James D.

WorkOtter represents the two most important features of project management; discipline and agility.

Reviewed on 2/12/2018

Pros

I am the Senior Project Manager for a Digital Marketing Agency and have been doing project management work for over 20 years using Microsoft Project primarily. The greatest advantage WorkOtter provides is the ability to do project setup once and then iterate through changes to the project plan such as scope increases, new requirements, changes to the resources needed to support the project and even group interdisciplinary projects into portfolios at the click of the mouse. A project manager the ability to take advantage of the automated features of WorkOtter such as data analytics and visualization to show the most critical executive the status of things (good and bad) in a matter of minutes vice hours and days.

Cons

The learning curve to become highly proficient with the software is significant. However, the return on your investment of time to learn the intimate capabilities of the software is high. You will recoup all the time spent leaning how to use WorkOtter through the reduction in time to manipulate the project to show a detailed performance picture for the work being done.

Andrew M.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Definitely makes my workflow easier. At various stages of a project I can easily adjust utilization.

Reviewed on 2/12/2018

We're saving time and blowing our old time-consuming processes away which drives our profitability.

Pros

My team's view on our PMO forecasting has never been more positive. WorkOtter lets me easily track and manage the assignments of resources while juggling multiple programs and client needs. None of my other tools have been hindered since I can hook right into MS Project and still provide the other reports my stakeholders are looking for. Plus there are some new reports within WorkOtter that give a new view into the allocation without having to re-schedule planning in another tool. Scheduling the reporting outputs into weekly emails is a cool feature, and has worked well by eliminating standing meetings that previously took too much time to cover the resourcing status to various directors. Team forecasting has greatly improved since being introduced into WorkOtter, and that saves us from finding out from clients where projects are either over or under allocated. Now we have the views to address needs with much more agility. The sandbox tool for project and portfolio planning helps our teams in planning sessions without having to save off multiple baselines before committing to our selected revisions.

Cons

We really like the ability to configure the questions, fields and layouts of the responsive interface. It would be great if we could apply our own theme to the skin of the layout to match our branding for our internal users.

Whately K.
Industry: Food Production
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

All I ever wanted plus Works with JIRA!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017

Pros

Well, me and my team used to manage all our projects with MS Project but the integration with Jira never worked quite well so I was looking for a different solution and I had a very positive experience with WorkOtter.
Something that really surprised me was the support team, they were amazing and helped us out during the entire transition process which was a great deal as my team was overloaded and could not leave their daily jobs to work exclusively on this software transition.
One other thing that seems simple but was a big deal for us is that WorkOtter send reports to users emails automatically. We have to do that a lot during the day and it saves time.

Cons

I am from Brazil and they support English only. I already mailed them with this suggestion but no ETA yet.