WorkOtter

#1 Rated SaaS Project, Resource, & Portfolio Management PPM

5 /5 (155 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Amy T.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Incredibly interactive, illustrative, imaginative & engaging. Love it!

Reviewed on 2020-10-23

I would say 'WOW '! My experience was really great. It was far more intuitive that I expected. For even an employee of mediocre knowledge, any of our personnel would be able to get up to speed with this very quickly. So our employees wouldn't need to spend an exorbitant amount of time in training..

The reporting is truly amazing & advanced. For example, when you click on the ‘reports’ dropdown, there are so many great reports to choose from, depending on what our managers are desiring that particular day. This for me is really key. And from what I can tell so far, they are very visually appealing as well (high color, dashboard animations, seeing multiple metrics on the same dashboard, how data bubbles change over time, etc). Overall, I am very pleased with the aesthetics & ease-of-use.

Pros

I absolutely love that I would have the ability to see different views within the company (ie. Organization overview vs. Project Manager vs. Team Member).. Really nice!

I am big on reporting as this is my particular role within my company now, so I LOVE that you have a ‘financials’ & ‘reports’ section to be easily found under the “projects” tab. It also appears to be nicely customizable, to change font and/or add in our Logo.

The drag-between feature to create dependencies is probably something I would utilize as well. So far it appears to be VERY intuitive & user-friendly. (ie. Can easily extend out a project end-date)

And since I mentioned I am big on reporting, I also am happy to hear that there is a 2-way sync with importing from Excel. PERFECT!

Our team uses Asana quite heavily, & it looks like the Kanban board is very similar for work flow, so that seems like it would be very easy to utilize.

I have 11 years of background in WallStreet, so I really love the ‘x-ray’ vision in the Roadmap area.

Being able to see excess capacity is really amazing too to watch over personnel, & being able to try out the ‘what if scenarios’ is quite impactful.

Cons

So far, I have not found anything I do not like. I am big on reporting, & this program has everything I could ask for. Truly

Jason S.

• Customer Support Software

We Have Found Our Project/Resource Management Home!

Reviewed on 2020-11-16

No surprises and the implementation was as promised..30 days!

Pros

The feature I like most is the "sandbox" for my "what if" scenarios... I am able to project in more ways and more accurately with a click and a drag!

Cons

The software is intuitive but with covid, our team took a little while to get up to speed... Not really the software's fault.

Amelia N.

Platform to grow with

Reviewed on 2020-08-22

Great experience! The 30 day implementation plan launched us into using WorkOtter effectively and helped us grow into the tools and capabilities. The support team is fabulous and invested in our success.

Pros

I love this product for it's gorgeous, easy-to-use dashboards. It's so customizable and intuitive in matters of personalization. You can tell that visual displays of data and reports are important to the developers. The resource management tools are also very helpful, both for planning and post-mortem. The predictive portfolio timeline features is a great tool for allocating work to different teams or people, and it's easy to compare actual hours worked with forecasts, in order to better predict in the future.

Cons

The powerful tools can be a lot to take in at first! The on-boarding process is very helpful, with excellent support, but a some adjustment was needed to take full advantage of the software.

Tope S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Workotter fits my organizations projects like a glove

Reviewed on 2020-09-03

It was easy to work with the engineer from Workotter to personalize our software and dashboards to the needs of my company. The 30 days implementation plan gave us the peace of mind and enough time to get acquainted with the system while knowing assistance is always at hand. The support team have been excellent so far and very knowledgeable when i contact them.

Pros

I love that the software was personalize to my company's projects. It also syncs easily to Microsoft excel which enables me to work on excel when i want to and easily transfer into the software. In a world of team collaboration, this software does a fantastic job.

Cons

None so far. Everything has been working great since we started using it.

Matthew M.

• Customer Support Software

Everything I need and then some!

Reviewed on 2018-02-12

Pros

WorkOtter has been great so far! I am usually a bit nervous whenever we pick up a new piece of software to start using, especially with something as critical as project management tools. The WorkOtter support team was great with onboarding and getting the team up to speed relatively quickly.

Now that we've got the software set up and have had some time to move our projects over, we're starting to see the full benefits. The email reports have been great and were really easy to customize to my liking.

Clean dashboards seem to be a really popular feature these days and WorkOtter's are pretty great. I like that I can keep the information I need right at the top and have other, less important information pushed down the page. Customizing the layout to my preferences was straightforward.

If there's something that catches my attention in the dashboard, I will usually drill down into the more detailed view and export that data into Excel where I can do my own manipulations.

Since I'm still a bit more comfortable with Microsoft Project for a few edge cases, I like that integration between the two pieces of software is straightforward. Usually, I try to avoid exporting though, because the built-in tools in WorkOtter almost always cover my use case if I just put in a bit of effort to learn them.

All in all, my experience with the software has been great. It's comforting to know that if any questions do come up, the support team is always responsive.

Cons

No major complaints about the software, once we got used to the fact that it's entirely cloud based and some features are desktop only.

• Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

WorkOtter - Providing New and Exciting Innovations for Project Management!

Reviewed on 2020-09-06

The team at WorkOtter has been fantastic. Every team member I have worked with has been helpful, and the implementation time was less than 30 days which is amazing. I did not feel pressured to expand beyond my immediate needs at this time, and overall am really thankful for the great experience the staff has provided.

Pros

This product has been extremely easy to use. The first feature that I have found the most useful is the main dashboard, which utilizes an easy-to-read graphic interface to provide me with real-time data on a variety of project variables. I am able to quickly filter and view projects that need my critical attention, which helps to direct my day in a more efficient manner. The second feature that I love is the ability to source dashboards and reports from open community sources. This software provides a wide variety of new and innovative ways of understanding and staying on track of my project's resource allocation needs, which is a huge plus in my day-to-day workload.

Cons

I have not yet found anything so far that I dislike about the software. So far it has met my needs and is a great addition to my PM tools.

Deana M.
  • Industry: Program Development

• Customer Support Software

WorkOtter has changed the way I manage projects

Reviewed on 2017-04-15

As a project manager I am always looking for ways to add a visual aspect of projects to share with my team and with WorkOtter's dashboards I can make this happen. Role management is also a great way to keep my team organized and focused on only the data and elements that they need to see.

The resource management tool is a lifesaver. It allows me to track my team's utilization as well as scale up or down the resources I need to get any project completed on time and under budget - without burning out my team members.

MS Project sync is another excellent feature to get a project started in WorkOtter. I can work out the details I need regarding my project privately via MS Project and then upload it to WorkOtter so that my team can view the plans, resources and budgets as needed. The option to continue working in MS Project or switch entirely to WorkOtter is valuable and seamless.

I also find the ability to easily create custom reporting on the fly a feature of great importance. Quite frequently I am called upon to present timelines, budgets or resource constraints which makes it helpful to present data in an easily readable format to my customers or executives in a timely manner.

WorkOtter is a great tool in a market of sub par competitors. If you are a Program /Project Manager, Solution Designer or Developer, WorkOtter will help you stay on track and remain informed of your responsibilities and those of your team members.

Pros

The dashboards are easy to create and full of valuable information. The role management capability is crucial to managing resources and budgets. The governance model helps team members understand the work flow and how things get done.

Cons

The software needs to be more flexible to integrate with 3rd party solutions outside of MS project. There is no way to track time inside of the application via timer.

Lauren M.

• Customer Support Software

The BEST software for resource management

Reviewed on 2019-12-10

Our firm started using WorkOtter as we were having a lot of trouble specifically managing internal time and resources and sharing information. WorkOtter has really allowed us to see the big picture with our scheduling and quickly identify phases where we are overallocated. We are now much more efficient and leveling our resources and forecasting, thanks to all of the useful tools and dashboard KPIs we can easily track.

Pros

WorkOtter has been a huge game-changer for me with regards to managing resources on multiple complex projects. I am now managing my project teams much more effectively and have been able to forecast much more accurately.

I also LOVE the Gantt Charts, much easier to use, make changes, and I'm no longer pulling my hair out like I was with Microsoft Project.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about it!

Laura K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Team collaboration at it's finest.

Reviewed on 2020-09-02

Being able to see upfront pricing allows for faster decision making when comparing products. Questions about the product were answered quickly and their knowledge helps to understand the full capacity of the program and features.

Pros

The Gantt chart with features to make adjustments and review timeline possibilities. Building dashboards to collaborate better with team members. The syncing features help to improve documents and allows for better communication.

Cons

There really are not any cons to the software itself. With a little bit of a learning curve, the software is very useful and provides many features that are needed in project management.

Carolina N.

• Customer Support Software

Good for cross geo management, my team loves it!

Reviewed on 2017-05-29

Pros

Supporting a team spread between India, United States and Brazil is not easy and I had a hard time getting everybody on the same page but Workotter was the perfect tool to fix this gap.
All dashboards are customized to the user's role so I can determine exactly levels of access, views, authorizations I want them to have, this way I protect the data and ensure a safe environment.
Something I noticed a huge improvement is the project overall tracking. All my Team members find it easy to keep up with the assigned activities and have proper tracking of each project status and time and resources spent. Everything is great so far.

Gisele M.

• Customer Support Software

This is a great project management system, incredible tech support too!

Reviewed on 2017-05-31

Pros

Since I work with 4 different product categories in my company, the aspect I like the most about Work Otter is the ability of building project portfolios according to the category or work force I am working on for example. Before purchasing this software I had the chance to have a free live trial, the team was very supportive and patient showing all available features. WorkOtter was an affordable ppm considering the other options I had in hand.

Cons

WorkOtter in available only in English and I have employees in other countries, they understand English but not really well. It would be good to have it available in other languages.

Nathaly S.
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

Straightforward, affordable and consistant plataform

Reviewed on 2017-06-02

Pros

I work with a team of senior and junior analysts so the intuitive interface that WorkOtter provides facilitates the work of knowledge multiplication and sharing of ideas. Being reasonably priced I was able to expand it to our other facilities and the team could use it to share their projects to each other more efficiently, due to the superb cross-project visibility, best practices were used among them. I can definitely point out the timesheets, reports and customizable dashboards as a positive feature, the visibility of information are to our team are as important as the content itself, so it took that on our advantage.

Cons

We have facilities around the world, I would like to suggest the app for our other sites, but English is the only language available.

Nicole m. K.

• Customer Support Software

For using Project Management Software for the first time, I'm pretty darn impressed with the...

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

A project being completed smoother than ever before, since everyone is kept up to date on reports and completion of goals.

Pros

I've never used a Management Software with my team, so I was very impressed with how easy it was to get things started and customized to fit our needs. It was extremely nice to be able to quickly interact with the team by knowing all of the updates made to our projects and the deadlines that were completed and by who.

All reports of status were emailed to the rest of the team - so even if they were off work, or out of the office they still know what is going on.

Our project was very big, so the unlimited storage space was an instant plus for us too!

Cons

Honestly, the team loves it. However, it will be nice once there are more languages available. We have a team member who's native language is Spanish so we had to help him along the way with learning the software.

Ruba A.

• Customer Support Software

very easy to use and understand, with a simple interface

Reviewed on 2018-02-13

Pros

Start simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting) and Manage Gantt charts with interactive features with Ability to build your own dashboards and reports and share them with others ,Link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage ,in other programs I should use 3 softwares to have this data

Cons

Nothing really so far. Has been great I have this notes:
1.Currently English is only language supported
2.Cloud is only option
3.Single currency

Lisa J.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Highly functional

Reviewed on 2019-02-10

The teams are informed and quickly set up. From implementation to support, we enjoyed our experience.

Pros

The ability to lock in current status and perform sensitivity analysis

Being able to manage and effectively allocate resources

Love the project manager view with current projects, statuses and milestones. Instead of reviewing a shared calendar, Gantt Chatt and individual PMS system, it's all in one.

Drawing clear attention to what is foremost with familiar colors and signals.

Project Kanban Board

Customizing Columns

Filing Sharing Opportunities (Unlimited file share service)

Tagging People

Available Work tab

Log time dialog box

Love the dashboards (ability to add components)

The ability to pivot information for certain department or project area

Cons

Nothing I consider a con. It's so great!

Silvana C.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

• Customer Support Software

Great experience working with this highly configurable software. I found it easier to work...

Reviewed on 2017-05-20

My job is easier.

Pros

It looks simple at your eyes but it has very advanced features that allow you to manage what really matters: issues, risks, changes and status reporting.

I can do really cool interactions since it shows me everything what's going on in my organization. Very interactive and visual software that allows me not only to see and arrange my projects but to build my own dashboards and share them with other people from my organization.

This is the kind of tool every manager requires. Not only it automates team collaboration but it can also be integrated with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project.

Cons

I liked every single aspect of this software. I think it meets the requirements that every manager needs to have in order to manage, control and share the company's projects.

Becky B.

Lots of great features

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

Pros

I like that WorkOtter allows you to know when someone who is running late on another project is going to be late on your project.

Cons

Nothing significant. Maybe could be faster at times but I'm not sure if that is our own internet connection.

Response from WorkOtter

Hi Becky! Thank you again for selecting and adopting WorkOtter. We agree with you on the performance and are working tirelessly to improve it.

Since this review alone we have improved performance and purchased new servers which means - on average - pages loading over 60% faster!

Thank you for your honest feedback and keep it coming! We strive to make WorkOtter work for you (pun intended!)

Filipina R.

Best features and User-friendly

Reviewed on 2019-04-08

Everyone we've worked with has been very nice and they were fantastic from sales to implementation up to their support system. Also, WorkOtter has no surprise charges or pressure to expand our licenses so they just made the whole process so much more enjoyable. I am glad we chose WorkOtter.

Pros

What I really love about this software are:

First, my team members can easily keep up with their work and track their time and status. Also, this gives them good tools to monitor the project themselves. My team is very comfortable using the software
Secondly, it has the ability to configure/customize the displays and play around its best features. And lastly, it starts simple but its great advanced PM features like monitoring company issues, risks, changes, status and reporting makes this software the best.

Cons

Well, we have no complaints so far since the software has catered to what we exactly needed for our project. They complied basically on the project's needs and how we want it to be setup. We are so glad we picked WorkOtter because it makes everything run smooth.

Samantha M.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing project management tool. Very interactive and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018-02-12

Running a project has never been easier. Reporting is a breeze, and having the information ready for each Steering Committee meeting is an absolute pleasure.

Pros

Can get information at a touch of a button. Reporting and resource management has never been easier. Streamline of project status from an overall programme level is just so easy . Really enjoy having all the project management attributes in one application.

Cons

Executives are spoilt by all the bells and whistles. There is no where to hide the bodies and try to mitigate before anyone knows. Cloud being the only option is problematic, as some Executives like to have the information closer to home.

Jay A.

Very Satisfied PM

Reviewed on 2019-05-11

Work Otter has been a positive experience with a great support team to answer my questions.

Pros

Like most Project Managers, I've searched for many years for that sweet spot data sight picture. I've used MS Project, Excel, 365, Monday and so forth, but Work Otter is the closest I've come in having that perfect balance of command and control. My team and I are able to ustilize this data manager to effectively control our scope, schedule, costs.

Cons

It's hard for me to really find something I don't like about this product. I haven't had any glitches and it the data is easily understood.

Vinicius F.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Convenient team handling

Reviewed on 2017-06-05

Pros

Working with many people is a challenge, considering the complications on communication and sharing of ideas and Work Otter has helped a lot on this aspect. Our team found it easy to contribute and brainstorm by attaching documents and using dashboards, which have no capacity limitation. Collaboration of teams is automatized and they can keep up with each other's progress via portfolios time and status, saving searching time.

Cons

Our team members are from different places around the globe. Although all of them speak English, another language option would be a plus.

Faustro M.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

• Customer Support Software

Simple and complete system, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 2017-05-30

Pros

If you're looking for a project management platform that doesn't require months of set up and data migration this should be your first option. When I first tried WorkOtter I needed a tool that my staff could understand and jump into it within a month. I had great support from the development team, they were really helpful and efficient.
To make the transition easier I customized the displays to look a little bit more like our previous software and it was an awesome quick off... I found it helpful that I can also build my own dashboards and different reports to work with the team and easily present the progress and status on management meetings without having to "massage" the data for hours to have a clean, complete report.

Nadezda J.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

It's a software I would gladly recommend to all of my clients!

Reviewed on 2018-02-13

It definitely helped me arrange all my projects in a portfolio, just the way I needed! I can easily communicate with my clients and give them a detailed rapport for each service that I provide. And finally, there is the amazing benefit of unlimited storage to keep all of my current and archived documentation in their cloud. Which is a life saver!

Pros

First of all, it has a super fast and super helpful support team that can guide you through every step and part of the system. So don't worry at all about possible unanswered questions. Also, the best thing is that you can start simple and then gradually learn and implement their advanced, out-of-the-box PM features.

Cons

Nothing crucial that I can think of. Perhaps I would recommend for them to start thinking about support in another language than English. At least French, German and Spanish. I have 2 German clients with larger companies that I'm sure will be delighted to have this system in their mother language. That's it. :)

Angel P.
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

I was able to start using this application quickly and was able to easily adapt it to my needs.

Reviewed on 2018-02-12

We needed a comprehensive, easy to use and adaptable project management application that various members of the organization could use and get up to speed on quickly. WorkOtter fit the bill quite well and has helped us manage a number of important projects.

Pros

This SW automates a lot of tasks and made me more productive in my day to day PM duties. It takes into account all aspects of project management (including status reports, risk assessment management, changes...), and it´s all within easy reach.

It's easy to customize menus, columns, and other parts of the environment, and customize to different needs, whether you're a PM, business manager, or a user with assigned tasks.

Their support team is really helpful and responsive and resolved the few issues that I had with the application.

Cons

I haven't had any issues so far, though it would be nice if it also supported Spanish (English is the only supported language).

Jessica H.

• Customer Support Software

This software is a dream come true, it solves so many productivity problems.

Reviewed on 2020-11-11

I have tried other PPM software and one of the big deferences with WorkOtter is they really want to set you up for success and they make sure you and your team have everything you need and understand how the software works. Their support is amazing!

Pros

Being able to arrange projects into a one place and being able to try out different resource plans. Management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates to their personal email with attached dashboards (that feature is my person favorite). Another really nice feature is every user can tailor their dashboard to their needs and we have been able to automate team collaboration which has been a big timesaver.

Cons

So far so good, our only disappointment was we wanted to get started right away and we had to wait, but we understand in 2020 everything has a delay :)