Tithe.ly

Cloud-based solution to manage church donations

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Dale
Dale

• Customer Support Software

Great way to manage a church or non-profit

Reviewed on 2023-01-25

Pros

Tithe'ly offers a seamless integration between multiple platforms to manage a church or non-profit.

Cons

They are constantly improving the integration between the mobile app and the desktop versions but this has not always been a smooth transtion. But the team is open to quick to hearing and resolving issues across platforms.

• Customer Support Software

All-In-One Tithe.ly is great!

Reviewed on 2023-01-24

I have really enjoyed being able to use push notifications to our members and being able to tailor them to specific groups like "Kid Parents" or "Youth Group" or "Worship Choir." I like the design of the app and the website and the ease in which it is manipulated. Like any new product, you may have to take some time to find your bearings, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy and great to use.

Pros

We had a web site we were building ourselves, but with Tithely we now have a better website that can be integrated into our app; a great app that can communicate with our members; a text number that can be used not only with 'text to give', but can be used as a digital visitor card, a book check-out, or to send information about an event or a ministry using keywords of my choice. Fundraising and online giving work great and are comparative with other online giving programs. We have also added child check-in to our church. Not only is it pretty easy to use (and has great help videos), but it uses a nice-looking design for all of its online uses.

Cons

There were some features we advertised to our members that are not being used by them. We have pushed those further back and focused on what is being offered and used instead. At times there is a miscommunication with our child check-in, but I believe that may be a local firewall issue and not a Tithely problem.

Subsplash

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

We were already using Tithely for online giving and it we liked the all-in-one offerings of Tithely for what fit our church. It seemed the competition was better for massive churches, and Tithe.ly worked better for us.
Michael

• Customer Support Software

Great set of tools for the church, but TONS of core functionality missing

Reviewed on 2021-01-02

I like the Tithely vision: a whole suite of products under one roof. But given that they've bought different products and merged them rather than developing from scratch, there's little continuity between the products. They don't fix bugs and dont demonstrate a culture that even cares about the bugs. I feel as though those doing the development planning have NEVER worked in a church before, because of the amount of core functionality missing.

That said, this company has the potential to be the leader in church tech products if they'd just change their culture, quit launching half-baked products, and fix what's wrong with current products. They love God and want to serve the church. Hopefully they can fix what ails them so they can serve even more churches!

Pros

Tithely has built an amazing suite of tools for the church, at an amazing price: $99/ month. Really can't beat the price, when you consider that this provides Church Management, Text Messaging, Website, Giving, Media, and a Mobile App

Cons

There are TONS of missing features and functionality, and this isn't disclosed or known until after you've made the conversion and are in too deep to switch again.

For example, in ChMS,
-The framework is outdated - 20 years old or more.
-Automated reports really aren't reports, just an email reminder to run a report
-Due to bugs, Giving transactions dont auto-populate in ChMS
-No conditional rules for forms
-No report data in emails
-Still get notifications of reports have no data, which is a waste of time, since you have to log in to see the report before you know there's no data
-Members can't see their year to data giving total in Member area
-no calculations of report fields
-Almost NO integrations with other platforms
-No form data sent to admins when forms are completed
-Almost NO customization of the GUI
-social media integration has been broken since we came on board, but no sense of urgency to fix

For the mobile app
-cant check in on the app
-mobile app requires use of Tithely Giving, which isnt disclosed until after you build your app
-no geolocations
-can't configure home tiles

For Giving:
-Current integration with ChMS is buggy
-No notification when someone gives
-Fees cant be a designated fund

Also
-New products launched barebones, like Messaging (no groups or keywords)
-Media can't be edited
-No enhancements to Websites in almost a year
-Will not allow concerns to be posted to Tithely FB group; blocked everytime
-Bugs galore with no sense of urgency to fix

ChMS

Even more archaic than the Tithely ChMS platform

Servant Keeper

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Price, and a whole suite of products from ONE company.
Nathan

Great Church Management software with extra

Reviewed on 2023-01-19

We've been a customer for several years and I've had a good overall experience. I've talked with sales people, custom service, and even a couple of engineers. Across the board, everyone has been friendly and showed a genuine care for our church.I believe they really do care about making a great product for churches to use and that means a lot to me.

Pros

Fairly simple to use. Even with lots of features, there are natural places to go and look for them. There are several extra features that I probably wouldn't have tried as a stand alone, but are really cool. We just implemented the credit card reader through Tithely Pay and it has been really helpful.

Cons

They are still building everything out so there are a few quirks. For instance, we have their larger church management system (Elvanto) which is where I have to go for things like group reporting and kids checkin. If I want to look at online giving or send messages, I've got to go through the tithely interface. If I want our church app, I go through the Tithely interface, but it sends me to another landing page for our app. None of this is a big deal because I know where everything is, but it might take you a few minutes to get familiar with everything.

Planning Center, Subsplash and Breeze ChMS

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

It was the only one that covered everything we wanted. They were great to work with before purchasing, even allowing us to test out the real product.
Geoff

Easy and worry free

Reviewed on 2023-01-19

Tithely has been great! Their customer service group is the best - any time I have a problem I reach out and they help to take care of it.

Pros

What I like the most about Tithely software is that it is easy to navigate, easy to use, easy to figure out even from the first approach. It looks clean to visitors and it is simple, allowing our guests to return over and over problem free and allowing our church staff to navigate the software without a struggle.

Cons

Sometimes Tithely comes off as too business oriented. They offer free media which connects you to the "church/religious" side of things but then other business websites offer the same through an internet search. Their website design, app structure, and financial software is competitive and works well its just that in a ministry we connect so much to things of the heart and the software design seems more for business - then again their design is through what churches have asked for so maybe churches have become more about business then about the things of the heart.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thanks Pastor Geoff ! Glad you are enjoying the many features, and that it's user friendly for visitors!

Bryan

Best Church Management Software - Saved Us During Covid

Reviewed on 2023-01-27

Pros

We converted to Breeze/Thithe.ly two years prior to the COVID pandemic. Because we had this system in place we were able to easily communicate with our congregation via email and text during the early days when the pandemic was changing things daily. The fact that our congregation had two years of experience with the software meant we did not experience the slump or delay in giving during the pandemic like many other churches we know. Those churches struggled to find ways for their congregation to give online and lost critical income.As we returned to in person services we were able to send targeted notifications to the congregation if there was a reported exposure to COVID. We thanked God that we found Breeze/Tithe.ly when we did.

Cons

The ease by which duplicated profiles can be made by mistake.

Michael

tithely has it all!

Reviewed on 2023-01-18

I frequently recommend tithe.ly to churches around America regularly. I can't say enough good about them.

Pros

tithe.ly cares about churches and the heart of their people shine through! Their team is willing to help and make the software so much better.

Cons

Because the suite of products is vast, it seems like attention may be speed thin at times.

Jacob

Tithely

Reviewed on 2023-01-19

Experience has been really great!

Experience has been really great!

Pros

Ease of use. Donation management and websites are awesome

Cons

Intervention is funny sometimes, but easy.

Planning Center and Proclaim by Logos

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Tithe.ly Ease of use and made for places of worship

Wix

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Tithe.ly had a church plant service
Tess

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, customize, and scale!

Reviewed on 2023-01-26

The biggest benefit to this software is knowing what's going on. Reporting is easy and immediate, removing the guesswork and allowing for more robust planning.

Pros

How easy it is to use even for beginners and those for whom technology is difficult/new.

Cons

There are still some features not as robust so we have to use a separate program that doesn't integrate with Breeze/Tithe.ly. Events Manager and externally received donations (PayPal, etc.) are too manual.

Salesforce Service Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

F1 was too cumbersome to use for our size organization and much more expensive.

FellowshipOne

Specific to religious organizations
Matthew

Tithe.ly is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2023-01-24

It has been great. Church engagement is up, I feel the church has all the tools they need to be equipped and informed. We feel we are able to monitor church health effectively. We love Tithe.ly.

Pros

The wide range of products ans features, most of which are connected, and all for a very affordable price.

Cons

There are a few products that are not as connected as they could be. It resulted in duplicate features, which sometimes caused confusion as to which one to use. But the team was great about clarifying that.

Janet

Great Church Management Software

Reviewed on 2023-01-19

Even with the cons listed above, Tithely has been a great experience for us! I wish the website management was more intuitive, but it is so great to be able to manage it all in one place. And it saves us money by managing our website through Tithely. Also, their customer service is amazing! When you are cared for, the annoyances and downsides don't feel so bad because you know that someone is working on it and cares about your experience.

Pros

More intuitive than other management software I have used, customer service is amazing, so great to be able to manage our website and app in one spot, great visuals for tracking giving

Cons

There are some features that just aren't updated well enough yet, like transitioning to Elvanto (a more full feature church management software included in Tithely) and back to Tithely. I haven't found a way that our members can reply directly to email messages sent from Tithely. The website management is nice to have, but it is slightly less intuitive than sites like Squarespace.

Planning Center

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Tithley's price was cheaper and it seemed more intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

The price and ease of use. It also had all the features we were looking for.
Josh

Considering Mobile Giving? Go With Tithe.ly

Reviewed on 2019-05-18

Pros

Text giving is very easy. You can easily export giving reports on the administrator side.

Cons

You have to search for the church you're giving to and if you're not careful, you can accidentally give to another church that might have a very similar church name.

You can't actually view someone's giving profile. Little strange.

Pushpay

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

When I went with Tithe.ly in late 2015, they were more recognized in the industry than Pushpay. It was that simple.
Deanna

Easy to Use Online Giving Platform for Churches

Reviewed on 2023-01-25

I have loved using this. It is an affordable and easy way for us to accept bank and debit card payments.

Pros

I love that we can set up multiple types of funds - pledges, mission, unpledged giving, memorial fund, so that people can share how they want their gift applied to our budget.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a very easy way to set up a link directing people to give to a specific fund type. I think there is a way to do it, but setting this up is not obvious.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Deanna! We love hearing this! Thank you for being a part of the Tithe.ly Family.

Jamie

More Secure and Friendlier

Reviewed on 2023-01-24

Pros

Tithe.ly is very comparable to their competitors. However they stand out on being more trustworthy, dependable and friendly. So far, every time I have called about a question, I have had the same person each time. He already knows who I am and about our organization, which makes things a lot easier to manage. It also saves me time, where with the previous company I would spend hours on hold to get a different person and have to explain who we are every time. Thank you [sensitive content hidden] for all your help.

Cons

We have not run into a problem yet. So thankful for this easy to use program for both ourselves and our donors.

Lightspeed Restaurant

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Questionable business practices and not able to reconcile our books with their numbers.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

The customer service is beyond anything we have had before and Tithe.ly is geared towards non-profit organizations.
Rachel

Overall very happy

Reviewed on 2023-01-19

We use Tithe.ly plus Elvanto. It's much more affordable and also MUCH more user friendly. All of my staff were able to learn it quickly and are actually utilizing the software on a regular basis. We use the reporting, emailing, and people data functions the most. We use it to organize our weekly volunteers. We also use it as a donor database to track donor giving. We have used it for 1.5 years and have so many more features we plan to put to use in 2023.

Pros

We use Elvanto a LOT, which is owned and integrated by Tithe.ly, much more than we actually use the Tithe.ly software. As Tithe.ly continues to build out it features, we use more and more of it. However, we are extremely happy with Elvanto and the integration between it and Tithe.ly.

Cons

No software can meet 100% of your needs because everyone's needs are so unique. However, Tithe.ly meets more of our needs and also has fabulous customer service that helps whenever needed. We don't plan to switch anytime in the near or distant future.

SimpleChurch CRM Giving, Pushpay, easyTithe and Breeze ChMS

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Fellowship One was so expensive and extremely complicated. Our staff did not use it except as an address book because it was just far too complicated to use. We spent more time trying to learn how to access and utilize one function of the software than actually using the software. The reporting feature was the absolute WORST. I ended up calling F1 customer support every time I needed to pull a report and just had them walk me through all the filter to pull the right information. It was like trying to decorde a secret message and I wasted hours and hours trying to get Fellowship One to produce the data I needed. Tithe.ly is much more affordable and much more user friendly. I gave my staff two quick trainings on features they would need and they were able to use it from there. Every once in a while they come to me with questions about how to do something and I only have to show them once or send them one of Tithe.ly's many help articles and they are good to go. It's much more intuitive to use.

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Price, customer service, ease of use

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you so much Rachel! We love hearing this! And often see that church staff feel supported when using digital tools that help their roles become more efficient. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

James

Giving Patform & More

Reviewed on 2022-12-08

It has been a good relationship with Tithely. I think as they grow there needs to more communication with our contact at Tithely dedicated to our area. We do like the quarterly Tithely Next live streaming to inform clients of updates, new features, improvements.

Pros

The ease of giving attracted us the most with all the different ways to give, online, text to give through Tithely or driving traffic to our website. Using Tithley for our website has been a great combination to the giving platform as mentioned and all the information we can offer our members and others who are searching for a church. We have yet to really tap into some of the other features Tithely offer like messaging, events etc.

Cons

The app has not been the best experience so far. There as a plug and play goes, there still needs to be a request to Tithely support to change certain items ie logos, header changes etc. We do like the push message section of the app that we use on a daily/weekly basis to members who have downloaded the app. We also like the sermon notes section that we use weekly to give members a place to make notes during the service. It does need to be manually imputed but other than tha it's a great feature.

• Customer Support Software

Something changed in privacy.

Reviewed on 2021-12-06

Horrible, Customer service recommended i send private license and statement information through standard email. Really bad experience. I would not suggest using them now. Something has changed. Either too big or facebook is involved now.

Pros

While easy to setup when a modification had to be made we came to an impass. Customer support to resolve a solution took three months and hours of communications all the while Tithe.ly continued to collect donors money and would not transfer it to the Church. We finally had to have Tithe.ly return donations and they came back through Facebook listings on credit cards, much to my surprise. Has facebook purchased tithe.ly or are they part or disclosing even more information on who belongs to what church, to a company that is already carrying too much personal data in our country? The return of funds from facebook was a second big red flag. The first was reading tithe.ly's privacy agreement when personal license and bank statement images were requested.

Thoroughly read thithe.ly's disclosures for you and your donors before you sign up.

I wonder how long this post will last

David/ 12/06/21

Cons

NO customer service, facebook is invloved with credit card transactions. and 3 months to return funds to donors.

Great, but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2023-01-19

Pros

Lots of functionality!People and service management is wonderful

Cons

2 management systemsGTithely and Elvanto are separated too much

Planning Center

Cost

Pushpay

Cost

Response from Tithe.ly

Thanks David! Glad you are enjoying the features!

Greg

• Customer Support Software

It's wrong to make your members suffer when they give

Reviewed on 2017-03-18

I am embarrassed to say that over the years I have inflicted 3 horrible online-giving experiences on our members. Pastors need trust building experiences with people and after I recommended those online-giving methods that disappointed, I lost trust.

All the companies looked great and advertised the right features. But it's true what they say about the details. Even if only one member had a negative or frustrating experience, ten others would soon hear about it and trust my leadership a bit less. Any pastor reading this knows how that works.

Being a hobby coder, I decided to learn about online-giving systems myself to see what was causing the trouble. I found out that, just like with clergy taxes, churches have special regulatory and user-issues when it comes to giving and most software companies don't spend the money to have their engineers resolve those, they just change a label (to deceive us) and call it good. But soon enough, inevitable member complaints start to come in.

Tithe.ly is supported on the backend by the leading online payment system, Stripe. They have successfully resolved the unique regulatory and user-issues churches have and the company has the technical, fraud prevention and banking infrastructure required for a church.

I confidently signed our church up with Tithe.ly knowing they had the foundation and infrastructure to do what needs to be done and now have only praise to give. I have not heard of a single complaint since we started using them. Nobody says anything which is exactly what I wanted in an online-giving option.

And yes, giving has gone up significantly. We have a few users who now give several times a week at odd hours, which is weird for me, but evidently completely normal for millennials.

Pros

Does what it is supposed to do.

Cons

None. I like everything about it.

Mike
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Made receiving donations simple and easy!

Reviewed on 2021-02-25

I had a donor who wanted to give a $20,000 single donation to our cause. He navigated to our website and to giving page with Tithe.ly's giving form. Tithely's giving form made it so easy that he never had to call or email me for help. In the past, receiving this offering would have required a phone call, tech support, and double checking on the back end to ensure it got to the right fund. The donation has already been deposited and everyone is happy, happy, happy. I am very satisfied customer. Thank you for making giving simple and easy.

Pros

The thing I like most about Tithe.ly is how easy and simple it is to make and receive donations through our website.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about Tithe.ly software. It takes a little time to setup but that is to be expected with any new software. It takes less time than other systems we've used in the past.

Juston

Great for Non-Profit

Reviewed on 2023-01-31

We love the product, the quick customer service, and the ease of use!

We love the product, the quick customer service, and the ease of use!

Pros

The customer service is amazing and helped to implement the software system from our previous system. It didn't take long and they guided us through the entire process.

Cons

Remembering how to get to some reports and reconciling the deposits from breeze to our bank can me a little more steps than the last system. But not a deal breaker!

Corey

A great start

Reviewed on 2023-01-19

Pros

The member directory on the Elvanto side has a lot of options and works well. I think the volunteer management feature is a good inclusion. The online giving component is simple to set up and use.

Cons

There are a lot of features that are great inclusions but could be better. The Tithely Pay POS system is good but too simplistic; transactions aren't categorized on the back end, which makes it difficult for the accounting team. The volunteer management system feels overly complicated and difficult to manage. The language around the notifications and how they work is difficult for the staff to understand and has made it almost unusable for our church. The messaging feature has a lot of potential but seems to be missing some critical pieces, especially around the email blast features (couldn't embed a video link?) The sync between Elvanto and Tithely has been a gigantic headache.

Alexia

• Customer Support Software

Tithe.ly is a game changer

Reviewed on 2023-01-24

Pros

As a church planter, I needed something affordance, easy to implement and effective. Tithe.ly is all of these things. I’ve recruited other churches small and large to Tithe.ly.

Cons

Service planning is not as robust as Planning Center. But there are always improvements coming down the pike.

Planning Center and Subsplash
Tony
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Tithe.ly is great for congregational giving.

Reviewed on 2023-01-18

Giving is simple, as is reporting.

Giving is simple, as is reporting.

Pros

We'd had Tithe.ly before the pandemic, but it was only used by a few members. Once the pandemic hit and we were unable to meet in person it became critical for people to have an easy way to tithe. It has continued to be a popular option even after we've returned to in-person services. We've continued to stream our services for people who cannot attend in person because of ailments, physical limitations, or having moved from the area. It is an easy and secure way for them to tithe.

Cons

I don't know of any features that the software is missing.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thanks Tony ! Glad our giving platform has been able to support you and the congregation through so many seasons of change.

Kirk

• Customer Support Software

Initially excited but somewhat disappointed

Reviewed on 2023-01-18

Initially excited and hopeful; over the couple years of use, continually disappointed due to difficulty in accessing aspects of the program.

Pros

The software does track giving correctly

Cons

The use of the software for annual letters to donors and other accounting issues needs improvement. Getting around the platform is confusing. So much so, that it is nearly impossible to get to where we need access.

Response from Tithe.ly

Hey there Pastor Kirk!

Thanks so much for your comment and your feedback. We actually worked for the past several months to rebuild how we were creating the tax statements to ensure things were working better than ever for you! Ultimately we want our software to serve you and your church really well and if you are having any troubles we'd love to assist!

Would you mind reaching out to our Support team at [email protected] and allowing us to assist you?