Tithe.ly

Cloud-based solution to manage church donations

4.7/5

Chris
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Tithe.ly

Reviewed on 9/29/2019

We have been using Tithe.ly for an easier way to make donations. Overall, our congregation has been satisfied with the ease of use and the ability to make recurring donations. We do not plan on switching to any other competitors due to the low fees and the user friendly format.

Pros

Tithe.ly gives you the ability to receive donations in an easy-to-use format and to show all of the incoming donation amounts in an organized manner. We are able to provide the congregation the opportunity to cover the processing fee as well. Many of our church goers use the recurring giving option which makes the process even easier for the user. Reasonable fees compared to competitors.

Cons

We have not ran into any major issues that call for concern. We have had minor bugs occur, but refreshing would normally solve the issue. Tithe.ly is quick to reply if we have any questions or concerns.

Thomas

• Customer Support Software

Great for getting started with online giving

Reviewed on 1/17/2023

Great experience overall, this was something we got as a first-time online giving option and it has not disappointed. They continue to release new features all the time and there's a lot of potential for what you can do with it. We only use online giving, but I would like to explore other functions. Customer service is on point.

Pros

Easy to set up and learn as admin. Takes a lot of work off my plate and totally worth the small fee for what it does. One of my favorite features is sending giving statements for the year by email with a click of a button. Boom, done.

Cons

Viewing transactions doesn't always work on mobile. Doesn't load fully, so I have to refresh a couple times.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Concentration on church giving, not just payment processing.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Thomas We love hearing this! Thank you for being a part of the Tithe.ly Family.

Kirk

• Customer Support Software

Initially excited but somewhat disappointed

Reviewed on 1/18/2023

Initially excited and hopeful; over the couple years of use, continually disappointed due to difficulty in accessing aspects of the program.

Pros

The software does track giving correctly

Cons

The use of the software for annual letters to donors and other accounting issues needs improvement. Getting around the platform is confusing. So much so, that it is nearly impossible to get to where we need access.

Response from Tithe.ly

Hey there Pastor Kirk!

Thanks so much for your comment and your feedback. We actually worked for the past several months to rebuild how we were creating the tax statements to ensure things were working better than ever for you! Ultimately we want our software to serve you and your church really well and if you are having any troubles we'd love to assist!

Would you mind reaching out to our Support team at [email protected] and allowing us to assist you?

Michael

• Customer Support Software

Tithe.LY for our Church has been a useful and effective tool

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

We want to use the tool to increase regular giving which it has helped. We are happy with the church management to and want to continue to use it more effectively with more training.

Pros

Using Tithe.LY for online giving has been very effective in increased giving and reaching people outside our church who wan to support some of our programs like our Food Panty. It is automated and works great to get us the funds. The church management system has helped us safely store all our member information. We haven't fully used all the program can do for us yet.

Cons

The reports are customizable but not always easy to get it to come out how you would like it. Also the training needs some improvement.

Jonathan

• Customer Support Software

All-Access is more than worth each penny we pay!

Reviewed on 1/18/2023

Very positive, We use the app, church management, giving, and will be working on our website with it soon. We are so glad we switched and have no intention of ever leaving tithe.ly.

Pros

The fact that I have access to so many different forms of church management and communication was a huge selling point for us.

Cons

The church management with Elvanto took a bit to get used to but they offer courses to help you understand how to use it which were incredibly helpful.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Pastor Jonathan! So glad you're enjoying the access to various forms of church management and communication on a platform built for churches!

Matthew

Tithe.ly is Awesome!

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

It has been great. Church engagement is up, I feel the church has all the tools they need to be equipped and informed. We feel we are able to monitor church health effectively. We love Tithe.ly.

Pros

The wide range of products ans features, most of which are connected, and all for a very affordable price.

Cons

There are a few products that are not as connected as they could be. It resulted in duplicate features, which sometimes caused confusion as to which one to use. But the team was great about clarifying that.

Anne Sofie
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Easy and Secure Way to Give

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

Overall, Tithe.ly is a great way to give to my church. It's easy to use, secure, and fast. The fees can be a bit high, but I understand that is the cost of convenience.

Pros

I love using Tithe.ly to give to my church! It makes it so easy and secure. I don't have to worry about mailing a check or having cash on hand. I just log in to my Tithe.ly account and give in a matter of seconds.

Cons

The only downside is that the fees for giving can be a bit high. It would be nice if Tithe.ly could offer more competitive rates.

Earl

Great Company to Work With

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

This program has allowed us to take donations from a generation of members who don't use check books, and rarely carry cash. People love supporting the church, but the ways to collect that support need to evolve with the times. Tithe.ly has done that for us.

Pros

Tithe.ly provided us with a solution for online giving that passed muster for the bankers in our congregation, which had been a stumbling block for other companies. The security provided, and the options for fund designation make it a fantastic product.

Cons

Occasionally, our members have had issues finding our institution on Tithe.ly's list. When this happens, we usually direct them to our web page, where we have our direct link.

Givelify

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

The ease of use, the responsive customer service team, and the fee structure were all better than competitors.
Jamie

More Secure and Friendlier

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

Pros

Tithe.ly is very comparable to their competitors. However they stand out on being more trustworthy, dependable and friendly. So far, every time I have called about a question, I have had the same person each time. He already knows who I am and about our organization, which makes things a lot easier to manage. It also saves me time, where with the previous company I would spend hours on hold to get a different person and have to explain who we are every time. Thank you [sensitive content hidden] for all your help.

Cons

We have not run into a problem yet. So thankful for this easy to use program for both ourselves and our donors.

Lightspeed POS

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Questionable business practices and not able to reconcile our books with their numbers.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

The customer service is beyond anything we have had before and Tithe.ly is geared towards non-profit organizations.
Andrew R

Helped us Go From Offering Plate Only to Online Giving

Reviewed on 12/20/2019

Prior to Tithe.ly, we were only accepting donations via cash and check. Tithe.ly provided wonderful materials to help me convince my governing board that we needed online giving, and that Tithe.ly could provide that solution in a secure and cost-effective way.

Pros

I liked that Tithe.ly had reasonable fees, a clean interface, and ways to give on desktop, mobile, and via text. The option for people to use a bank account was also very important for my demographic.

Cons

Some of the options to customize the look and feel of the software are lacking (e.g. logos don't always render correctly against a white background). Some of the back-end features (like logging multiple gifts) were not intuitive at first, but got easer with practice.

PayPal, Pushpay and Vanco Faith
Jeffrey

Breeze Church Management Software is very user-friendly

Reviewed on 1/26/2023

Pros

User-friendly; Allows for picture of members; Connects attendance, giving, directory info, and family members all into one convenient place

Cons

We transferred information from our old software, and it was not organized very well when it transferred over. It can be difficult to print certain specific information or lists of people, but that may be due to the lack of organization after transfer.

Servant Keeper

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Old system was losing information and not very user-friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Price was better and usability.
Jessica
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

We love Tithe.ly!

Reviewed on 1/19/2023

Our biggest problem as a small, new non-profit is gaining community support and funds. Tithe.ly has made is possible for us to reach even more people and encourage them to support our mission.

Pros

We love using Tithe.ly. As a growing non-profit, Tithe.ly is the best donor management system we've used. Additionally, we've been able to use their background checks for new volunteers. I am so pleased with their programs. They have been lifesavers for our agency!

Cons

I can't think of anything that I didn't like about Tithe.ly. It's been a great resource to us.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Jessica! We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying our products, and they've been key in supporting your non-profit efforts. So happy to have as a part of the Tihte.ly family!

Rachel

Overall very happy

Reviewed on 1/19/2023

We use Tithe.ly plus Elvanto. It's much more affordable and also MUCH more user friendly. All of my staff were able to learn it quickly and are actually utilizing the software on a regular basis. We use the reporting, emailing, and people data functions the most. We use it to organize our weekly volunteers. We also use it as a donor database to track donor giving. We have used it for 1.5 years and have so many more features we plan to put to use in 2023.

Pros

We use Elvanto a LOT, which is owned and integrated by Tithe.ly, much more than we actually use the Tithe.ly software. As Tithe.ly continues to build out it features, we use more and more of it. However, we are extremely happy with Elvanto and the integration between it and Tithe.ly.

Cons

No software can meet 100% of your needs because everyone's needs are so unique. However, Tithe.ly meets more of our needs and also has fabulous customer service that helps whenever needed. We don't plan to switch anytime in the near or distant future.

SimpleChurch CRM Giving, Pushpay, easyTithe and Breeze

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

Fellowship One was so expensive and extremely complicated. Our staff did not use it except as an address book because it was just far too complicated to use. We spent more time trying to learn how to access and utilize one function of the software than actually using the software. The reporting feature was the absolute WORST. I ended up calling F1 customer support every time I needed to pull a report and just had them walk me through all the filter to pull the right information. It was like trying to decorde a secret message and I wasted hours and hours trying to get Fellowship One to produce the data I needed. Tithe.ly is much more affordable and much more user friendly. I gave my staff two quick trainings on features they would need and they were able to use it from there. Every once in a while they come to me with questions about how to do something and I only have to show them once or send them one of Tithe.ly's many help articles and they are good to go. It's much more intuitive to use.

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Price, customer service, ease of use

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you so much Rachel! We love hearing this! And often see that church staff feel supported when using digital tools that help their roles become more efficient. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Robert

• Customer Support Software

Great value for the cost, large breadth of tools, great service

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

Business problems solved: Ease of use for donors in Tithely Giving. CMS capability used, including tracking activities, worship service planning, financial management, critical files management

Pros

Within one family of software much of what a church needs is available. Also critical is their mission-oriented customer support.

Cons

There are some growing pains and a bit of over-promise not quite yet delivery on their next-gen CMS. We began with Tithely Giving - best-in-class and then Elvanto, a CMS that they bought and integrated. It's a good CMS and they have been working on improving the backbone to allow seamless sync'ing of the various products, but Elvanto is feeling dated now and lacking some love. For example, Tithely Messaging is good but not available directly from Elvanto, and Elvanto features not available yet to Messaging.

Planning Center

Reasons for Choosing Tithe.ly

ServantKeeper was limited for what we wanted - mostly for donor management, while we also wanted CMS

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Pastor Robert! We're so happy to hear that you are served well by our Tithe.ly team, and also enjoy using the product.

Arlene

Church-friendly software

Reviewed on 1/19/2023

Pros

We use it for donation tracking and receipts, member management and communication mostly. We have used the software a lot to send reminder emails to various groups with web meeting links, taking attendance for worship and sending out bulletin emails. We have used the giving software Tithe.ly which is free and very effective. I would recommend every church use their giving software which is the original offering of the company and their best product.

Cons

We use the church management software Elvanto and they didn't include tax receipts in the software even though it is used to track donations. The customer support staff had to duct tape a receipt template for me to use last year. If you are using the free software, the tax receipts are automated but not for the paid software which doesn't make sense. Still they are very helpful and gave me something I could use.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Arlene! We're so happy to hear that you are served well by our Tithe.ly team, and also enjoy using the product.

Steven

Tons of help

Reviewed on 1/19/2023

Customer service has been fantastic.As a small church with no IT and very little budget, and as a tech hobbyist, I've been able to centrally locate and backup administrative information that has otherwise existed in various places and formats and streamline access to that information. We run on volunteers, so this has made it much easier for me to put information in the hands of our volunteer leaders who need it.

Pros

There are many different modules that Tithe.ly offers, from membership database to service reporting to worship scheduling and preparation to membership communication to mobile apps and websites to social media, and, oh, did i mention financial giving tracking and reporting? It does them all well. Tithe.ly is available modular or as a big, single product. I appreciated how easy it was to import data from various sources.

Cons

There's so much you can do it's almost overwhelming. That's a blessing and sometimes a curse. It all scales so well for churches of different sizes, but that also means I spent too much time using features that a small church of our size just didn't need or couldn't take advantage of. That's not on Tithe.ly, that's on me.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Pastor Steven! We love hearing this! We're so happy you are enjoying the features of the Tithe.ly tools!!

Clifford

An Invaluable Tool!

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

Tithely has streamlined the business end of our non-profit, reduced the need for added personnel, and given us much more peace of mind. Peace of mind is GOOD.

Pros

We have so enjoyed the benefits of a website that doesn't need a communications graduate to maintain it! It integrates online charitable contributions, an email newsletter, and intuitive design into one beautiful package. We also love the simplicity of "text to give."

Cons

What I dislike is that it wasn't available 20 years ago!

Janeen

• Customer Support Software

You have to try it to believe it!

Reviewed on 1/18/2023

I can't imagine the hours we have saved by using this product. Customer service is easy to reach and quick to respond with answers. And the fact that they're still innovating, adding, and developing means Tithely should stay relevant for years to come.

Pros

Tithely gave us the ability to get rid of multiple systems in favor of one! Imagine having a place where giving, messaging, church management, website, mobile app, email, and more all integrate together! Add someone to the database, enroll them in a group, and set up an email subscription all in one spot! Plus having the all-access fee is saving us lots of money.

Cons

Integration was easy to set up, but it isn't always easy to educate our users on the things they need to know. I'd love to see easy tutorials for the end user.

Jason
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Giving made easy for churches

Reviewed on 9/16/2016

During a pilot project, we integrated Tithe.ly within our mobile app platform for our clients. One client was able to see 50% increase in giving. Besides that, our clients love the ease of setup, ease of use and responsiveness of the team to implement new features based on needs.

Pros

Easy to setup and works well with our mobile app and website system. Our clients love it. Super powerful dashboard and great support. Pricing is simple to understanding. 98% of our clients we refer at happy with their experience. One super cool feature is where the donor can cover the processing fees. Our clients love that. Generally, you almost forget that you have a business relationship with the guys across at Tithe.ly. We experience that and our clients says the same. It also helps when the co-founders believe in Jesus and want to truly equip churches to be more effective.

Cons

That's honestly a really difficult one to state. As a vendor, however, I would love to be able to integrate directly with their platform through an API. This seems to be in the works so not a major issue. Their simple integration works and they already integrate with many systems that our clients use.

Marttell

Tithe.ly Review

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

Tithe.ly has been great overall.

Pros

We like how it facilitates giving for our members. Not everyone carries cash or a checkbook nowadays, so a digital option gives our church the ability to give even if they cannot give via traditional avenues. We also appreciate that Tithe.ly provides the option to cover the fee for each online gift. The vast majority of our digital givers giving through Tithe.ly opt to cover the donation fee, and that helps our church a lot.

Cons

Currently, the internal website's donation reports generate general things like the giver's name, quantity of gift, etc. But if you want to quickly see if the gift went to your church's general fund or if the gift was marked as a designated gift for a designated fund or special project, you have to download, save, and open the Excel spreadsheet file to find out. It would be nice if you could see that listed on the bank deposits page or the individual gift details page. Or, what would actually be best is if you could customize your bank deposits page to see the information you really wanted to see quickly (At a glance) prior to downloading the full reports. But honestly, this is just getting picky, because Tithe.ly as a tool has been very easy to use and has been great for our church.

Jesse

Perfect for small Churches

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

Having used other online giving platforms, Tithe.ly was inexpensive and easy to use. We love it.

Pros

Ease of use and tracking of weekly giving is amazing.

Cons

No complaints about the product, it does exactly what we need it to do.

Pushpay

The price was perfect

Admin/User

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

Overall experience has been good. We have had issues with users that own android phones attempting to use church app.

Pros

Tithe.ly Custom Church app is most useful for us to intergrste live stream, prayer wall, and online giving all in one place.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the admin side of things when switching from one program to another you have to login again.

Planning Center and Subsplash

Price
Sharon

• Customer Support Software

Tithe.ly is amazing for a tiny organization

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

It has been great. We used it at a church where my husband pastored before and chose to set it up for our church plant in our new location.

Pros

We love that it allows us to collect donations without a few other than the processing fee. As we are a small organization with few donations, there is no cost. We also love that tax receipts are easy to compile and send out.

Cons

The inconsistency in when deposits are made. It may depend on the bank itself, but we have one place that gives 1,000 each month. Sometimes that money will go into our account within a week, but there are times it has taken up to two weeks to deposit. We cannot seem to find a reason for this.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Tithe.ly

Cost and that they work with churches
Linda

Tithely/Elvanto integration

Reviewed on 1/19/2023

We use Elvanto to contact volunteers and special groups with information we need to get to them. Tithely has enabled us to have a church app without a lot of programming on our part.

Pros

We love that people can give through our Tithely church app or through our website and it automatically enters the information into our donation tracking in Elvanto. We also use Tithely to integrate event fees into Elvanto.

Cons

Would love more flexibility in setting up forms and registration for events.

Response from Tithe.ly

Thank you Linda! We love hearing this! Thank you for being a part of the Tithe.ly Family.

Eric

Church CHMS

Great experience, knowledgeable staff

Pros

Intuitive and they continue to develop product to meet and exceed expense

Cons

Still in the works, they are still working on breeze integration but once it’s done I think it going to be a game changer.