GrowthZone

Association mgmt software w/ built-in Marketing Automation.

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Kayla

• Customer Support Software

Great organization for my membership.

Reviewed on 2018-05-14

Pros

Very easy to pull up members accounts, billing information, general contact information, and the reps information. Making membership mailing labels and membership reports is very easy with this software. I use this software to easily find any membership representative information I need. This software has also made it easy to look up and find a member.

Cons

The only con I have for this software would be the new update, i'm so used to the old version it'll take time to learn the updated.

Mandy
  • Industry: Government Relations

GrowthZone is a Game Changer

Reviewed on 2021-03-19

I think our entire team has been extremely please with our entire experience. The customer support and attention to what customers want and implementing just that is fantastic. There's a few features that we'd love to see some improvements in (communications, reporting, and marketing automation).

Pros

The overall integration is fantastic and we love the customer support and the ability for us to submit an idea for improvement and for it to more often that not be put into development or rolled out fairly soon after.

Cons

There are a few newer features that just need a bit more development, mainly revolving around communication analytics. We'd love to use GrowthZone exclusively for our communications, but they just don't have the analytical reports we need. Right now we use Constant Contact, which GrowthZone has a great syncing feature with.

Wild Apricot

Reasons for Choosing GrowthZone

We wanted something that was exclusively made for Chambers, had a truly integrated system and most important of all had a great customer support team that was there to help us/provide the operating backbone as we continue to develop more effective strategies.

YourMembership

Reasons for Switching to GrowthZone

GrowthZone just had a better overall platform, knowledge bank, customer service, and specific-ness to Chambers that sold us.
Jessica

Disappointed

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

Extremely disappointing and frustrating.

Pros

I do like the dashboard feel, for keeping track of membership it has been better than what we were using before.

Cons

None of the features we thought were being sold actually work. From the sale, to implementation to actual use not of the features we were looking forward to using the most don't actually work or they are in "beta" testing. It feels like this is the old software solution that they have just coded on top of and made clunky instead of starting over from scratch to actually make an all in one software solution. At first we were really happy with it and then realized all of the issues and things that were not in fact actually usable features. Like discount codes, the way the blog integrates with the wordpress, not being able to get comments on our blog, no automatic email reminders for members who should be renewing, the list goes on.

Neon CRM

Reasons for Choosing GrowthZone

We needed something that was an all in one solution that wasn't that complicated. GrowthZone is not that platform either.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to GrowthZone

We thought we were getting a better deal and it had the features we needed. But in fact, we were told it a bunch of bs and it can't do what we need it to.

Response from GrowthZone

Hi Jessica,
We apologize that our software did not satisfy your expectations. Our Customer Support Specialist will be giving you a call this week to discuss how we can make things right. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward earning back your trust.

Derrick

Great service and scalable

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

We switched from another platform because the user experience wasn't what it needed to be to make us competitive. We also believe GrowthZone will help us grow for many years. We also like the variable rate payment option, particularly in our early years.

Pros

We use the Events, Web Content (blogs), and Lists (contact manager) all the time. They're easy to use and produce a great-looking member experience. As we grow, we'll use more of the Reports to track engagement and renewals. The website editor is also great for designing something professional and for ease of editing. The support service is great. We always get an answer within a day.

Cons

The accounting menus could be simplified. The Boolean operators in list creation don't work consistently.

MemberLeap and Wild Apricot

Reasons for Choosing GrowthZone

See above (user experience), e.g., website and communicadtions.

ClubExpress

Reasons for Switching to GrowthZone

Full range of features, pricing, years in business.
Karen

Good Value, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

Customer service is excellent! When I submit a question, I have never waited longer than an hour for a response.

Pros

When I started 3+ years ago, I was happy to be able to take online training to help me learn the features and benefits of using this software. I keep looking for new training to help me succeed!

Cons

Emails get flagged as spam when I send to members thru ChamberMaster. I am unable to export email to outlook so my members get my communications.

MemberClicks

Reasons for Switching to GrowthZone

I have had meetings with the other companies and they are more expensive and I don't think I would get the value that I get from ChamberMaster/GrowthZone.
Jennifer

Decent software, horrible onboarding

Reviewed on 2022-06-27

The software itself has a great concept, however you can't be a novis to these systems to realistically get it off the ground and working properly. Once you do, it works great.

Pros

It is easy to use ONCE you are thoroughly trained. If you don't have time for tons of training, this is not the right choice for you. The public facing features are great and finding members with all their information, including what events they are attending, and if they're paid up to date, is easily accessible and easy to find.

Cons

The onboarding process was a nightmare. It took a very long time to get answers and responses. There is training but be prepared with questions in advance, the only way to get answers during onboarding is to schedule meetings. Which is very time consuming.

Response from GrowthZone

Jennifer, thank you for your feedback. It is true that our fast pace of growth over the last year or two did cause some delays in our ability to onboard our customers in our usual expeditious fashion. We have ramped up our staff in this area as well as refined processes to directly address these issues. We're confident that going forward this will not be a problem. Thank you for seeing it through and for holding us accountable to the high standards we built our company on. All the best!

Tracy

Great software Great adaptability

Reviewed on 2021-03-19

My overall experience has been overwhelmingly positive. If we weren't able to have the staff help create a viable platform to reach our customer base it would have been very difficult to get our foundation out in the publics' eye.

Pros

What i like most about GrowthZone software is the customization. Even though we are an outlier when it came to overall usability, the staff was able to help our Foundation create a webpage and have controls that made it easier to use and navigate as compared to our previous site.

Cons

What I don't like about GrowthZone software is the complexity of some of the controls. Some controls have too many sub-levels that you have to click on to do a simple task

Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing GrowthZone

More customization, worth the purchase price.

Reasons for Switching to GrowthZone

It ties into the MemberZone used by our partner foundation and it was easier to implement and the learning curve was easier.
Nancy
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Best platform for membership management

Reviewed on 2021-11-11

Overall, GrowthZone has been so good for my membership and myself. The ease of use is just the best and I am so happy that I switched.

Pros

The ease of use and there are so many places to find answers to any questions that come up.

Cons

The education platform has been a struggle as it is difficult to get a CE certificate to be available to the students. The integration from my old platform (RAMCO) and GrowthZone was not as smooth as it should have been. It was very difficult to communicate with my project manager via phone or email.

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

GZ Changed the Way We Do Business

Reviewed on 2021-11-15

GrowthZone has opened up more opportunities for our members to see more of how they can be engaged. The ease of registration system has helped us stop registering members for events. No one calls because they can't access their account. Its been a great experience. I wish on boarding would have spent more time with reports that we used and how to replicate them.

Pros

Easy accessibility for our members to see more & be more in control of accessing benefits.
Plus I love that its web based - easy check in. Saves time & money.

Cons

Financial Reports - We are still having trouble running good financial reports to see who owes us dues, etc. Support has been slow to answer or just sends us back to the videos we have already seen.

Manyok Deng Ater
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

School

Reviewed on 2022-08-27

I want to solve the problem of my school fees

Pros

Yes this software is useful to me and it's quite easy to me

Cons

I understand that this software pay another to an online clients

Tina
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Why GrowthZone is my perfect parnter

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

GrowthZone allows me to communicate effortlessly with my members, staff, and the public. It covers project planning that the whole team can stay on track. We can offer our advertisers great looking reports on the performance of their ads. We can easily track data to make informed decisions. We can quickly get answers for our Board through the reports function as well and the dashboard let's us know exactly where we are and what we need to focus on in the next quarter.

Pros

Capacity is key in any business. If a business does not have the capacity to fulfill its mission, it dies. Operating a small, rural chamber with big goals and a staff of 4 to manage 470 members without GrowthZone would be a nightmare. From the internal management to the member benefits, GrowthZone allows us to stand out in our community as their advocate and partner in growing their business. The customer service and technical service is above the bar in knowledge and attentiveness. They allow us a to operate at a more professional and top-tier level than other member-based organizations without this service.

Cons

There are only a few cons which pertain to technical features for the back-of-the-house users such as not being able to preview blog posts prior to publishing and having different banner size options for our sponsors.

Shala

I love ChamberMaster/ GrowthZone

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

Pros

I love our ChamberMaster software. Customer Support is fairly quick to respond to issues. They also try to roll out new features/ updates as often as possible. They do listen to their customers and try to provide the services we need, although some of it comes with an extra price tag. We already use the biggest package, so we do wish new features were automatically included with our package.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I know the system better than some of the customer service reps. I always have to be very detailed when I have an issue. And a lot of times they reply back and tell me something that I already stated in the original email. I don't feel like they are very thorough when reading the emails we submit when we're having an issue.

Kevin

• Customer Support Software

Can't wait to see the growth

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

Overall, as one of the first associations to use this program. I think it is great and has only gotten better with time and updates. I really like the time saving features this AMS has brought to our board. Initially it was a struggle for us to adopt but in over a year and a half of using GZ - It is clear I would never want to change systems.

Pros

I like the email designer and the landing page creator. It has seen many updates and I can't wait to see where it goes - I've liked all the changes so far and it makes my job easier and helps me avoid unnecessary 3rd party sources when possible. I also really think the event pages are great and it makes it easier for us to promote our classes/events.

Cons

I would say the forms - There seems to be a disconnect in some places when I am creating or editing our membership applications or surveys. There is a lot of different tabs I have to open to find what I want and sometimes the option to edit certain items seem to be completely lost to me. I like to think I'm relatively good figuring things out on a computer with a Marketing and CS degree but this is where I get lost. Would love to see the member applications and forms section get streamlined in general so it's all in one place. Also, I would love to see the website integrations get touched up a little, you can tell the difference between our page and the GZ implemented ones because it seems some elements get moved around or changed a little, but for what it is and what it adds it is really impressive!

Yvonne

My Happy Experience

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

My overall experience with this software has been better than I could have imagined. It is a continue learning process.

Pros

I've used ChamberMaster for years and the continue upgrades and how they listen to their customers is one reason I continue to recommend them to our Board and other Chambers. The Support team not only knows the software, they are patient and kind when I've called them. It is user friendly and I can edit, correct or change the website myself without having to call, email, or make a ticket for everything. When I do make a ticket or call, they are quick to reply and correct the issues.

Cons

I really cannot say I dislike anything. Just this last couple of weeks, I've learned something new. The event tab has been wonderful and I learned how to improve it but with that improvement I also learned that it changes other areas in the software that I was not aware of until I was using it. It worked out, it just made more steps to complete my task.

Lisa

• Customer Support Software

Growthzone Management System Has It All!

Reviewed on 2021-03-19

GrowthZone has enabled our organization to effectively manage our database, reporting, event registration, accounting and website. The system is extremely user-friendly for both management and users.

Pros

Switching from one system to another is never easy, but GrowthZone made it a smooth transition, from decision to launch! The entire process took us about 9 months to design and implement both a management system as well as website. All tools are easy to use and reporting is effortless!

I appreciate that GZ takes user recommendations into consideration (voting process) and offer ongoing development!

GZ customer support is fantastic!

Cons

GZ has great report templates, but sometimes I need to report on something not available. I wish we could create our own queries/reports without needing GZ to do this for us.

I wish GrowthZone would integrate directly with QuickBooks. To continue utilizing this accounting software, it requires manually updating QB with deposit summaries vs. automatic batches.

Catherine

• Customer Support Software

Overall, a really good membership management tool for Chambers

Reviewed on 2021-11-03

We appreciate the customer service that we receive from Growthzone, considering the major time differences between Guam and your support staffs' locations. They are always pleasant and supportive.

Pros

Overall, we are very pleased with Growthzone as a membership management software. This has been a challenge for us in the past. We really like that everything we input about the membership in the back end integrates with the website and that we have control of managing our site. Web site templates are pleasing and up to date. Members like having access to their information and updating at their convenience.

Cons

We would greatly appreciate any support from Growthzone to integrate with Quickbooks. Having our membership information align with our accounting would be a dream. Right now we export with excel but we are still having to work out discrepancies between the two platforms. We also request that Growthzone works with other credit card application software such as Paypal. Right now our members cannot pay on-demand as many would like. We would work with Stripe but this program will not work with us in Guam, even if Guam is a U.S. Territory. Any support Growthzone can provide in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

• Customer Support Software

GZ/CM is an incredible tool!

Reviewed on 2021-11-08

My experience(s) with GZ/CM through my current iteration as well as my previous Chamber are impeccable. The Support Team is incredible!!!!!!! Thanks a million!

Pros

While the GZ/CM product is not "everything" we currently need and want, it is close. I've used ChamberMaster at a previous Chamber, and LOVED the product. When I came to my current position, I was very excited that they (the Board) was already investigating a conversion to CM/GZ. It took a bit longer than I'd anticipated, but we have morphed to GZ/CM and I am still learning the ropes, as they say.

I wish that it had a few things that organizations such as Chambers definitely need and want, such as a POS type service, as opposed to a strictly database system. Many, many of our type organizations have products and things that are sold throughout the year and at events, and that POS system would be FANTASTIC to be able to incorporate.....not necessarily HAVING to collect information on every "shopper". That information is not necessary for everything. That would really be my only "critique", at this point.

Cons

In some ways there is almost TOO MUCH to grasp and learn. Especially as a "one-man band". BUT....I'm determined to learn as much as I can, as fast as I can!

Ashlyn
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

GrowthZone Review

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

GrowthZone has amazing customer service, who is always willing to answer questions and provide training materials. It's not the most modern software, but it's a place to organize all your company's functions.

Pros

I like that GrowthZone is the hub for the majority of our organization's functions. Keeping everything in one place makes it easier to manage, organize, and train.

Cons

The design seems outdated. Especially when directing our clients to the ChamberMaster Member Center, I wish there was a sleeker, more modern look. We also have not integrated our billing systems and manually updating everything so that the software communicates with other programs is a pain.

Chamber Organizer
Karl

ChamberMaster GrowthZone

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

It has allowed us to stay in contact with our members in a way that wasn't possible previously. The billing software is easy to use and learn. The other big benefit is in event tracking. The things that were once accomplished by spreadsheets are now integrated with calendars and social media and available through the Internet.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of training. Training is very simple and employees can continue to learn more through tutorials and webinars. Support has also been excellent with little down time despite the fact it is Internet based. It is flexible for me to be able to use my membership software and make updates from home or on the road. Having so much information about your members and multiple ways to contact and interact with them through the software has made a huge difference that has been noted by our members.

Cons

The website module saves time and allows us to keep our website content fresh. I wish it was a little more adaptable within the templates.

Kevan

Great Features and overall functionality

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

Mostly pretty good. The conversion has settled down, and we are working through cleanup. We wish we had a basic manual from GrowthZone, not just a video how-to. A manual, perhaps in Word, where we can add in the details that are specific to us is vital. Without it, we are having to complete each part of a manual a little at a time.

Pros

The fully functioning connectivity for our members, record keeping for all members in one place, and the website's integration. Every day we discover a new feature we didn't know about that makes us happy. The most recent is the integration with ZOOM and events/classes.

Cons

The things that don't work for no apparent reason. We have clearly tied members to a firm, yet they don't show up in that firm's list. Programmers have had to fix some, but we never hear why it happens. Some of the accounting takes quite a bit to track down. The conversion process left a lot for us to do without clear direction. GrowthZone should take the lead all the way through instead of us getting basic instruction and then asking questions as we go.

Rachel

The Software that Streamlined my Business

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

GrowthZone has drastically improved our productivity by streamlining our contact management, membership information and renewals, and events. Gone are our multiple spreadsheets of information and wasting time trying to hunt down information! Now it's all neatly in GrowthZone!

Pros

Before signing up with GrowthZone, we have several spreadsheets going for contact management, membership tracking, events and volunteers. Trying to coordinate and update each item took exorbitant amounts of time and allowed for far too many mistakes.

Since we've been utilizing GrowthZone, productivity has been dramatically increased. We all have access to the same information whether we're in the office or remote. Team members are also able to see what communication has occurred among members and vendors so we are all on the same page. Events, membership and overall productivity have increased dramatically.

Also, onboarding and support were great! The videos and live support helped clarify and reinforce what I was learning about the software. If I forget something, or get stuck, they are a few clicks away.

Cons

The only thing that I can see as a con is also really a pro as well. -This software does SO MUCH it can be hard to process and retain it all.

Jodi
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

So many great features, user-friendly and great customer service!

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

GrowthZone has allowed us to automate our billing and then exports all financial data to Quick Books. Provides a very nice member area with a user forum. Also does a great job with set up and execution of our events.

Pros

That it provides all the tools we need on a daily basis and yet it is very user friendly.

Cons

Honestly, do not have a bad thing to say at this point.

Emily

Great Management Software for Member-based Organizations

Reviewed on 2019-08-13

Their online training sessions are very useful and the wiki has extensive, helpful information for when I want a quick answer without calling. Onboarding new employees has been super easy with the resources GrowthZone has provided.

Pros

Central location of data and links to financial transactions/recording. I like the interfacing with email like Constant Contact and Outlook, and I like user friendly platform elements for maintaining memberships and displaying them online.

Cons

The templates are very hard to use if you want to edit them, and there are a lot of features that are not customizable. I wish there were more integrations with Google and business websites not provided/hosted by GrowthZone.

HEATHER

Overall a great product

Reviewed on 2019-08-13

GrowthZone has streamlined our membership software. It has also made invoicing, billing, and event set up much easier. We used to have to mail all of our invoices, whereas now we can email-big cost savings. We have looked into the website version, but right now that appears to be pretty costly considering how much we already pay for our current software.

Pros

I like the fact that it is web based. Meaning multiple users can log in and handle our membership accounts. Events are all housed within the product as well as a directory.

Cons

I wish the customer service understood the nuances of the National Home Builders Association. I was used to having someone that understood how reporting works. Also, while Chambers and HBAs can be similar, they are very different organizations. GrowthZone seems to have a lot of knowledge in how Chambers run, but not as much for HBAs.

Krisann

The Right Software for Our Needs

Reviewed on 2019-07-30

This software has been beneficial in tracking attendance, registration details, sponsors, and necessary comments for our events. The newest updates make our sponsor lists look awesome! As a membership database, it is easy to navigate and track member engagement.

Pros

This software is versatile, allowing us to use it in a variety of tasks including marketing, data collection, event registration, member communications, and website integration. We specifically like the data collection and event registration because we can keep registrations, sponsors, and comments together.

Cons

We find the reporting module to be overwhelming--almost too versatile. There are more ways to come up with a report than we wish to explore. It would be easier if simplified.

There are a few small items, such as not being able to delete a block of old events. Currently, past member events stack up in our calendar and must be deleted individually.