GrowthZone

Association mgmt software w/ built-in Marketing Automation.

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Karen

Good Value, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 3/18/2021

Customer service is excellent! When I submit a question, I have never waited longer than an hour for a response.

Pros

When I started 3+ years ago, I was happy to be able to take online training to help me learn the features and benefits of using this software. I keep looking for new training to help me succeed!

Cons

Emails get flagged as spam when I send to members thru ChamberMaster. I am unable to export email to outlook so my members get my communications.

MemberClicks

Reasons for Switching to GrowthZone

I have had meetings with the other companies and they are more expensive and I don't think I would get the value that I get from ChamberMaster/GrowthZone.
Tracy

Great software Great adaptability

Reviewed on 3/19/2021

My overall experience has been overwhelmingly positive. If we weren't able to have the staff help create a viable platform to reach our customer base it would have been very difficult to get our foundation out in the publics' eye.

Pros

What i like most about GrowthZone software is the customization. Even though we are an outlier when it came to overall usability, the staff was able to help our Foundation create a webpage and have controls that made it easier to use and navigate as compared to our previous site.

Cons

What I don't like about GrowthZone software is the complexity of some of the controls. Some controls have too many sub-levels that you have to click on to do a simple task

Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing GrowthZone

More customization, worth the purchase price.

Reasons for Switching to GrowthZone

It ties into the MemberZone used by our partner foundation and it was easier to implement and the learning curve was easier.
Val

• Customer Support Software

Could be great with a little work

Reviewed on 3/19/2021

We chose GZ because it offered us the ability to use the same company for website development and hosting and AMS system ensuring compatibility. We are very happy with the look and feel of our website and the CMS used to manage it. Our migration to GZ for the AMS side was rocky at best. Our project manager had never gone through a detailed conversion before. While she was very service oriented and nice to work with, her inexperience caused many issues. We like GZ's ability to give a good view of member activity. I like that when I am on the phone with a member, I can see their engagement, make notes, and create follow up task items. G

Pros

The user interface, look, and feel of the back end. Also like the ability to integrate with the company website to create a good member only user experience. It also has a pretty good project management system, though it desperately needs push notifications via email. The only notification it provides is a badge count on the top menu of the software. So if you are disciplined to check there, the PM works well. GZ also has a certification/continuing education component which we find valuable.

Cons

Customer support needs work. GZ is very slow to respond to issues. Many times entered tickets are not responded to (first response) for 3 or more days (I am not counting the automated message generated that the ticket was received and someone would review). And, when the "front line" or 1st level support team reaches out, frequently they aren't completely familiar with the ins and outs of the software, so the first 3 emails or 15 minutes of the call are spent teaching them how the system works. The communications functionality has a great vision, but is inconsistent and extremely buggy. It is difficult and many times impossible to send a merged email to multiple members. Members get emails or newsletters with the fields not merged properly. It feels like the database was not developed with a vision and as the software was enhanced and features added, bandaids were placed on the tables to make them work together. Field naming is inconsistent and many times not working as a true relational database. Feels like a consequence of growing quickly and not having one responsible group overseeing the programming growth. Different naming philosophy throughout different modules.

MemberClicks, MemberLeap and Impexium

Reasons for Choosing GrowthZone

We wanted a more robust website that was easily integrated and provided member only content capabilities.

great salesman, price
Jodi
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

So many great features, user-friendly and great customer service!

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

GrowthZone has allowed us to automate our billing and then exports all financial data to Quick Books. Provides a very nice member area with a user forum. Also does a great job with set up and execution of our events.

Pros

That it provides all the tools we need on a daily basis and yet it is very user friendly.

Cons

Honestly, do not have a bad thing to say at this point.

Nancy
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Best platform for membership management

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Overall, GrowthZone has been so good for my membership and myself. The ease of use is just the best and I am so happy that I switched.

Pros

The ease of use and there are so many places to find answers to any questions that come up.

Cons

The education platform has been a struggle as it is difficult to get a CE certificate to be available to the students. The integration from my old platform (RAMCO) and GrowthZone was not as smooth as it should have been. It was very difficult to communicate with my project manager via phone or email.

Susan

GrowthZone Works

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Pros

GrowthZone is so much better than the last management system we had to offer. We love it!

Cons

We wish the integration with Quickbooks was better. We have more duplication of work in our accounting department.

Ramco ERP

Reasons for Switching to GrowthZone

Recommendation from a friend in the real estate industry that used GrowthZone.
Shala

I love ChamberMaster/ GrowthZone

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

Pros

I love our ChamberMaster software. Customer Support is fairly quick to respond to issues. They also try to roll out new features/ updates as often as possible. They do listen to their customers and try to provide the services we need, although some of it comes with an extra price tag. We already use the biggest package, so we do wish new features were automatically included with our package.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I know the system better than some of the customer service reps. I always have to be very detailed when I have an issue. And a lot of times they reply back and tell me something that I already stated in the original email. I don't feel like they are very thorough when reading the emails we submit when we're having an issue.

Kevin

• Customer Support Software

Can't wait to see the growth

Reviewed on 3/18/2021

Overall, as one of the first associations to use this program. I think it is great and has only gotten better with time and updates. I really like the time saving features this AMS has brought to our board. Initially it was a struggle for us to adopt but in over a year and a half of using GZ - It is clear I would never want to change systems.

Pros

I like the email designer and the landing page creator. It has seen many updates and I can't wait to see where it goes - I've liked all the changes so far and it makes my job easier and helps me avoid unnecessary 3rd party sources when possible. I also really think the event pages are great and it makes it easier for us to promote our classes/events.

Cons

I would say the forms - There seems to be a disconnect in some places when I am creating or editing our membership applications or surveys. There is a lot of different tabs I have to open to find what I want and sometimes the option to edit certain items seem to be completely lost to me. I like to think I'm relatively good figuring things out on a computer with a Marketing and CS degree but this is where I get lost. Would love to see the member applications and forms section get streamlined in general so it's all in one place. Also, I would love to see the website integrations get touched up a little, you can tell the difference between our page and the GZ implemented ones because it seems some elements get moved around or changed a little, but for what it is and what it adds it is really impressive!

Catherine

• Customer Support Software

Overall, a really good membership management tool for Chambers

Reviewed on 11/3/2021

We appreciate the customer service that we receive from Growthzone, considering the major time differences between Guam and your support staffs' locations. They are always pleasant and supportive.

Pros

Overall, we are very pleased with Growthzone as a membership management software. This has been a challenge for us in the past. We really like that everything we input about the membership in the back end integrates with the website and that we have control of managing our site. Web site templates are pleasing and up to date. Members like having access to their information and updating at their convenience.

Cons

We would greatly appreciate any support from Growthzone to integrate with Quickbooks. Having our membership information align with our accounting would be a dream. Right now we export with excel but we are still having to work out discrepancies between the two platforms. We also request that Growthzone works with other credit card application software such as Paypal. Right now our members cannot pay on-demand as many would like. We would work with Stripe but this program will not work with us in Guam, even if Guam is a U.S. Territory. Any support Growthzone can provide in this area would be greatly appreciated.

• Industry: Executive Office
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Growth is excellent association management software!

Reviewed on 11/21/2018

We moved to GrowthZone from another Membership system, and could not have been happier. The migration of the front and back end info was seamless, the support is excellent - especially the chat functions. I am easily able to navigate and learn more about the backend without being a developer of any kind. It is easy for users and the front end is so nice for Members!

Pros

I liked the abundance of features that we are able to offer to the membership - from dynamic profiles, to group emailing, to social media feeds. Our Members gained a whole bunch when we moved to GrowthZone (formerly MemberZone)

Cons

I did not like that I could not fix Member's profile addresses myself. If they had a company name change, the old name showed up in the profile address unless fixed by their support. That should be something a back end user can fix easily.

• Customer Support Software

Growthzone Management System Has It All!

Reviewed on 3/19/2021

GrowthZone has enabled our organization to effectively manage our database, reporting, event registration, accounting and website. The system is extremely user-friendly for both management and users.

Pros

Switching from one system to another is never easy, but GrowthZone made it a smooth transition, from decision to launch! The entire process took us about 9 months to design and implement both a management system as well as website. All tools are easy to use and reporting is effortless!

I appreciate that GZ takes user recommendations into consideration (voting process) and offer ongoing development!

GZ customer support is fantastic!

Cons

GZ has great report templates, but sometimes I need to report on something not available. I wish we could create our own queries/reports without needing GZ to do this for us.

I wish GrowthZone would integrate directly with QuickBooks. To continue utilizing this accounting software, it requires manually updating QB with deposit summaries vs. automatic batches.

Kevan

Great Features and overall functionality

Reviewed on 3/18/2021

Mostly pretty good. The conversion has settled down, and we are working through cleanup. We wish we had a basic manual from GrowthZone, not just a video how-to. A manual, perhaps in Word, where we can add in the details that are specific to us is vital. Without it, we are having to complete each part of a manual a little at a time.

Pros

The fully functioning connectivity for our members, record keeping for all members in one place, and the website's integration. Every day we discover a new feature we didn't know about that makes us happy. The most recent is the integration with ZOOM and events/classes.

Cons

The things that don't work for no apparent reason. We have clearly tied members to a firm, yet they don't show up in that firm's list. Programmers have had to fix some, but we never hear why it happens. Some of the accounting takes quite a bit to track down. The conversion process left a lot for us to do without clear direction. GrowthZone should take the lead all the way through instead of us getting basic instruction and then asking questions as we go.

HEATHER

Overall a great product

Reviewed on 8/13/2019

GrowthZone has streamlined our membership software. It has also made invoicing, billing, and event set up much easier. We used to have to mail all of our invoices, whereas now we can email-big cost savings. We have looked into the website version, but right now that appears to be pretty costly considering how much we already pay for our current software.

Pros

I like the fact that it is web based. Meaning multiple users can log in and handle our membership accounts. Events are all housed within the product as well as a directory.

Cons

I wish the customer service understood the nuances of the National Home Builders Association. I was used to having someone that understood how reporting works. Also, while Chambers and HBAs can be similar, they are very different organizations. GrowthZone seems to have a lot of knowledge in how Chambers run, but not as much for HBAs.

Debbie

• Customer Support Software

The Great, the good, the bad, and the time consumer

Reviewed on 8/6/2019

Great. The customer service has improved greatly over the past couple of years, but the upgrades and interfaces many times come with standard features that are not member/sponsor friendly. We need to be able to showcase our sponsors and members as we want to and that usually comes in different forms and fashions.

Pros

The data capturing components and that it is not limited to the amount of data you input in all areas. I like the many features, the reporting, the statistics for the members and the interfacing with our website.

Cons

It is not graphic friendly. It does not allow for changes in all set up features of retrieving data such as the e
referral component. You should be able to choose and customize the data you send to your members - consistency isn't always king. Many times members and consumers asking for different information from each member.

• Industry: Executive Office

Memberzone works well for Business Associations

Reviewed on 2/20/2017

We have been using Memberzone for the last 4 years and have found they offer products that grow as our organization has grown. We are able to pick the modules that meet our business needs. We also like the fact that we do not have to sign long term contracts that would lock us into products that would become obsolete and fail to meet our needs. We appreciate the fact that they are continuing to improve the tools based on customer feedback and needs as well.

Pros

Pros of the software include the customer support. Since we are an all volunteer organization, training, knowledge transfer and stability of the system are important to us.

Cons

Cons of the software are I would like some additional user levels for the administration staff so we can easily track what volunteers to and better protect our data from lower level volunteers

Cynthia

Best Toolbox for Membership Organizations

Reviewed on 7/30/2019

Overall the software has been effective and provides efficient communications and management for our staff.

Pros

From hosting our website, management of our customized membership database, communication tools, event management, integrated payment process functions, and real time change functions for our staff and members, Chambermaster is an efficient and powerful customer service tool for our membership organization.

Cons

The need and cost to update our website is currently a concern.

Luanne

Exactly What Associations and Chambers Need

Excellent!

Pros

I have used this software for 15 years and have found it to be critical in the running of our chamber. We were an early adopter, number 95 who signed up. (a previous chamber). I appreciate the ongoing changes and upgrades they have made available to all because other associations asked for more features. Their customer service is quick and thorough and they respond via phone or email. I would recommend this to any chamber or similar association who needs to track their members and events with connectivity.

Cons

Nothing - it is a strong software that we use all day, every day

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

ChambeMaster does it all!

Reviewed on 7/30/2019

We were tired of using multiple software platforms to achieve our goals. We had one for our website, one for billing, one for communications, one for CRM (customer relationship management) and one for events. We're able to do it ALL with ChamberMaster (GrowthZone). It's affordable and intuitive. I honestly don't know where we'd be without it. It's also a great place to keep all the information we use regularly and makes sharing simple!

Pros

We love how easy CM is to work worth and how they are continually adding new features as requested by users. We use many but not all features!

Cons

Sometimes it crashes, but not very often.

Everal

ChamberMaster review

Reviewed on 7/30/2019

It has been great. Anytime we have had a problem, customer service has been great in responding to it.

Pros

Very easy to use with information laid out clearly. Love the MIC for our members. That has really taken off in usage over the past year.

Cons

As chambers and associations are transitioning more and more to a tiered dues model, I think benefit tracking will become more vital. I'm looking forward to the benefits module releasing on the GrowthZone ChamberMaster Edition, but as the software stands now, it is the hardest thing for me to stay on top of.

Kenzee

Two Thumbs UP From our company

Reviewed on 7/30/2019

GrowthZone has been such an amazing software for us and so many other HBA's in the state of Texas. Their it support is out of this world fast, and they even provide training videos for just about everything as well.

Pros

We love how this program replaced many other programs that we used for membership retention and communication.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. And if there was it has been fixed.

Heidi

The Biggest Strength of Growth Zone

Reviewed on 11/16/2021

Phenomenal experience. They are always willing to listen, help, provide above and beyond to ensure the answer and result is achieved.

Pros

The best feature about GZ is its Customer Service team. They are truly amazing! Little to no turnover and they longevity helps expedite complicated questions from me the end user.

Cons

I find some need reporting a bit difficult. There should have been more conversations during the conversation phase in order to import correct data fields which GZ reporting runs off of. IT is difficult to go back and fix this so the reports are correct as you obviously want the system to work for you and not the other way around where there is a lot of manual intervention.

Debbie
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Can not imagine NOT using ChamberMaster

Reviewed on 7/31/2019

I came into my position with our Chamber just a few years after they had purchased ChamberMaster. They were still in a learning phase so I felt as if I was on the ground floor with this program. I was lucky enough to attend a day long training several years ago to get hands on education in how to use the many different areas. That was a great experience!

Pros

It is so easy to add and keep track of members, to connect them into our events and track their participation. It is an amazing product in my opinion.

Cons

Would like for the email function to be a bit more adaptable, particularly signature blocks.

Arlene
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Small Non Profit still searching for the right software...

Reviewed on 10/29/2018

Every time I've called their customer service, I've been helped thru the problem that I'm trying to deal with, but sometimes I've been handed over thru several different people on just one phone call. It's very time consuming so mostly I don't bother calling with questions unless I'm desperate. The online video tutorials are not very helpful for specific questions or problems. It's buggy. I still don't totally understand why so many of our members have trouble accessing their member hub pages and aren't able to update outdated info on their own.

Pros

Helps us track our 3 levels of membership and collect dues. We've had some success enrolling members into workshops with the option to pay online.

Cons

Where to begin...Back end is not at all intuitive with lists and committees that need to be populated in a separate setup in order to be functional.
We tried using their "event management" to sell and track ticket sales to a festival, which is our number one fundraiser for our non-profit of the year. It was near disastrous because GZ assumes your event is a business conference. We sold 2,000 tickets and had so many confused customers emailing us and calling asking whether or not they had actually purchased tickets. Many people said they never received any confirmation especially if they signed up on their phones. We will only use their event tool for in-house member workshops going forward and never again for a public event. We'll have to use Eventbrite or Brown Paper Tickets instead.
The Member Hub is clunky and not one of our 70 + members actually uses it. There is no cloud storage included so the only items we can upload to the member hub to share with our members are text forms. It's OK for meeting minutes, but if we really want to share ideas and interactions between members, this is not the place to do it.
The fees that GZ (or Stripe, which they partner with) takes out of online credit and debit payments are not clearly communicated. So for instance, the festival that we sold over 2,000 tickets for online...accounting for the money is a nightmare because there is no flat rate. The average rate was really high like over 5%!

Response from GrowthZone

We are sorry about your frustrations and challenges. We hope you will take us up on our previous requests to schedule a 1-to-1 database readiness and review session, as most of the issues you list here can be easily resolved.

Laura

Great Intergration

Reviewed on 7/30/2019

Growth zone has given our Chamber the product to be streamlined and efficient. I love the ability to control and update our website so easily! Credit card procesing is clean, easy to use, and provides a smooth transaction as well as easy of paperwork.

Pros

Love the new features popping up all the time, constantly keeping up with the demand of society. The intgration of this product with our Chamber website and credit card processing has made office work run smoothly.

Cons

I don't have any cons after unisng this software for over 5 years.

Katrina

• Customer Support Software

Worth the time to research for your company

Reviewed on 3/18/2021

I appreciate the ease of RSVP setups for events.

Pros

I appreciate the time and efforts the GrowthZone team puts into each of their customers. They are willing to listen to your needs and if possible make the adjustments.

Cons

We house a state society of 3,000 members, it is easy to have duplicate accounts for our members.