Smart Service Reviews

Smart Service

Write a Review!
Add scheduling, dispatching, and more to QuickBooks.

4.2/5

Brad
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Product & Great Support

Reviewed on 2017-01-20

I've been using Smart Service and iFleet for nearly 4 years and I really couldn't imaging operating our service company without it. I've seen quite a few changes and feature upgrades throughout over the years which shows that the product has great support. Whenever I have questions, they are answered right away. The only "complaint" I have if I had to make one would be that I would like to see the front facing camera be fixed within the iFleet app. I have been requesting this to be fix for the entire time that we have been using this product but it seems to go unnoticed. It must be a simple fix as every other camera app on iOS seems to work as intended. The pictures come in reversed which make reading numbers and words impossible. We use the front camera to take picture of product tags that are hard to reach. It would also be nice if the pictures were tagged with the job name and number so that we can easily locate and identify it. Thanks for a great product and all the support that goes into it. Looking forward to using this product for many years to come.

Pros

I've been using Smart Service and iFleet for nearly 4 years and I really couldn't imaging operating our service company without it. I've seen quite a few changes and feature upgrades throughout over the years which shows that the product has great support. When ever I have questions, they are answered right away. The only "complaint" I have if I had to make one would be that I would like to see the front facing camera be fixed within the iFleet app. I have been requesting this to be fix for the entire time that we have been using this product but it seems to go unnoticed. It must be a simple fix as every other camera app on iOS seems to work as intended. The pictures come in reversed which make reading numbers and words impossible. We use the front camera to take picture of product tags that are hard to reach. It would also be nice if the pictures were tagged with the job name and number so that we can easily locate and identify it. Thanks for a great product and all the support that goes into it. Looking forward to using this product for many years to come.

Milakaa

• Customer Support Software

Smart Service is the program we use on an hourly basis to keep our service business going.

Reviewed on 2018-03-27

Everything is organized for me, makes taking, tracking calls a breeze!

Everything is organized for me, makes taking, tracking calls a breeze!

Pros

Basic scheduling is very easy to learn, it only took me a couple of days to start scheduling basic calls. The rest involved mainly learning the service business that I work for in order to discover other needs within Smart Service. There is additional support via Smart Service's monthly webinars on various topics to assist with learning. I've attended 'Service Agreements' which I didn't know was possible until the webinar. I really like the reporting feature, it can generate useful data by request. For instance, pulling reports by customer location; if I want to view which customers live in South San Francisco I can easily create filters to do so. You really don't know how valuable a program is until your without it. We experienced our internet being down for half a day and had to go back to paper scheduling; that made us all realize how important Smart Service is to our business for sure!

Cons

If you misspell a customer name after selecting 'new customer/prospect' and make it to the main customer screen, you have to go into QuickBooks to make the corrections although it is a new customer. It would be better for new customers only to keep it unlocked until save is selected. That would save some time; I don't make constant errors but it happens occasionally. Also, tracking technicians does not seem to work 100%. I've made sure that their tablets are syncing but only have three technicians showing up on the map. Sometimes it can take a long time to load a customer and that delays a call and time. Other than those three minor problems, I can't really think of anything else.

Christopher

• Customer Support Software

My Service Depot is not a company that stands by its word, they tell you one thing and do...

Reviewed on 2017-12-22

Experience about what not to buy

Experience about what not to buy

Pros

job entry is ok. The ability to drop & drag jobs between technicians is nice. Ifleet program worked ok

Cons

When we purchased this software I purchased the dispatching add on called Ifleet for my field technicians. I was told and I quote "Ifleet purchase option _ iphone/ipad smart service add-on with no set up fees or ongoing monthly charges for service or support. That is off of my sales contract. They have turned off my Ifleet because I haven't paid my support fees. My agreement states there are no fees for support but somehow I owe them money, supposedly. Don't believe anything they say as they are just trying to get your money.

I also have issues with the program itself as you need to be able to write computer code to get any kind of reports from the software, the reporting feature is difficult to use. Its interface with QuickBooks is not great which makes tracking receivables and sales difficult. Overall I am very disappointed with this software and I would not recommend purchasing it.

Denise
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

ACI Smart Service Review 09-21-2016

Reviewed on 2016-09-21

We have been using Smart Service with the IFleet portion for our technicians in the field for about 4 years now. Overall it is a very good system.

Pros

The ease of entering customers, service tickets, time keeping and the GPS tracking are great benefits of this system. For the most part our technicians have been easily trained on the process and it has cut down on a lot of their processing time in the field.

Cons

We have used the "Get Customer" or "Sync Customer" functions many times and since some of our office employees enter data directly into QuickBooks, we've lost a lot of email address and contact information on our customers. This information is critical to our database and it's very frustrating to try to rebuild.
We have several labor descriptions for our business and the work tickets can be set up correctly for the type of labor on a service call, the information transfers to the invoice in QB correctly, but defaults to ONE labor description on the time cards. So I end up having to revise nearly ever time card entry to correct the labor code. Also have to change the service or installation name from the sales rep's name to the actual technician that did the work. This has made the payroll processing a lot more time consuming than it used to be when it was entered directly through the time card entry in QB.

Mar
  • Industry: Machinery

Smart Service

Reviewed on 2020-03-25

Pros

We really don't use the Software to its fullest. It We love the part we use

Cons

We would love to use the Service agreement billing but we bull a month in advance and the way it is designed we can not use it.

ServiceMax

Reasons for Choosing Smart Service

Reporting

Reasons for Switching to Smart Service

it had more of what we were looking for
Annette

Smart Service for HVAC-R Application

Reviewed on 2020-04-03

The scheduling is very simple and the different views (time stamp, location, etc) are helpful in keeping track of our technicians and communicating to customers. The time stamped notes are invaluable and help us to maintain a professional operation. The bookkeeping has been mainstreamed and our techs can now process credit/debit card transactions on-site which keeps collections down.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to create different locations under one customer name. We have Home
Warranty companies that we contract with and we can neatly arrange their locations and jobs for ease of access. The ability to upload and store images of customers equipment has been invaluable for insurance claims and warranty coverage and keeping track of model and serial numbers. Being able to send emails and texts from within the program saves time and the message!

Cons

Preparing reports that are specific to your needs. I have struggled with preparing a report that clearly shows what items we have sold and how many of them in a year. The screen flickers almost all the time when using Smart Service.

Audra

Love the integration with QuickBooks

Reviewed on 2016-09-02

The transition from the old dispatch program was ok but not great but I don't feel that was Smart Service's issue as much as it was a planning issue within our company. A detailed migration plan should have been written out and discussed in advance so that everything could be addressed. I suggest Smart Service take that lead as many companies just don't understand the devil in the details until it is too late.

Pros

I love that it integrates with QuickBooks in real time. There are pros and cons to seeing every work order in QB but that also allows us to easily see how many times we have been to a customers house. As I said, the devil is in the details and if you just reach out to the customer service rather than struggle with the reports - they will teach you a lot and get you the report you need much quicker than you can do it yourself - until you learn how to do it yourself! The program is very customizable so that it can become what you need.

Cons

I would like the schedule board to act as a calendar too - the default search info isn't what i need but Smart Service can change the defaults - we just haven't it yet - I need to be able to schedule meetings/days off/ appts that are not service calls - in a manner that will allow them to be seen on the schedule without requiring that they be "Completed" 'cause then they disappear.....

Ken
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best business software

Reviewed on 2016-09-21

After trying many different types of software for my business, smart service outshines them all. Easy to use, functions in a way that makes sense with our business. It makes dealing with customer orders fast and efficient. Communicating with employees in the field has never been better for us. We can accurately and quickly make sure field techs understand where they should go and what they are to do. We can track revenue by forecasting and reviewing. This software really works. The support team is amazing.

Pros

It accomplishes all that we want out of a software without being complicated to use. It understands what we need to function and flow as a business. Using the software helps us be professional and profitable.

Cons

I can't really say anything negative about the software. I have heard others say they found a cheaper way to operate with software. It is usually people using several different software types or one program that is less quality. To me bad or clunky software/office operations cost money. Smart service is inexpensive when you realize the potential profits from a smooth running operation that is hassle free.

Jennifer

WRP feed back

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

We do enjoys the layout the seamless communication to be able to share from office to field tech. The information does not always sync up.. Causing issues slowing things down in the field. However there are some great features. Would like to be notified when updates are available done. Maybe via email that would be great. Would also be great if a update video to share the following new update features are now available. As is i called in other day with issue found I was five versions behind that there had been so many updates done that I was missing out on when you think I should have been made aware of this via email. Been dealing with so many glitches and set backs that could have been avoid. Disappoints now updated there are way more things to see I'm not even sure how that all work yet can you email me a break down of the newer features and how to... I also think that the fees to add an additional work stations seems high.... Thank you WRP Office

Pros

The layout and client fields and custom features

Cons

syncing can be an issue not being able.
That when re activating job it does not have a easy close option that does not re send invoice to QB and or it fills ifleet with all the past jobs

Adam
Adam

Reviewed on 2013-04-26

We have been using Smart Service now for about 5 years. We use the program to keep track of our customers and their jobs. The reason we chose this program was that it had the capability of putting jobs on a reoccurring schedule, which is what we need in the liquid waste industry. We also wanted a program that had a good dispatching feature. Over all we would rate the performance of Smart Service for our specific industry at 7 out of 10. The program is made more for the portable toilet and trash industry as opposed to the grease trap and septic business.
As far as the performance of the program it has significantly improve. Before they made the switch to the SQL database its performance was horrible. We constantly had issues and errors that kept us from preforming efficiently. Now that the system is on the SQL database it runs much smoother and corresponds with quickbooks much better, there are still the frequent error messages but most of them can be dissolved by signing off and back

Pros

Scheduling feature, making estimates, SQL database, reports can be very helpful if you know how to get the data you want.

Cons

Error messages, non 24/7 support, Cancelling a job does not delete the future schedule dates - you have to manually delete them, reports can be very tricky and hard to figure out.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Moving company with smart service

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

There are certain fields in the moving industry that do not line up with other services. The mapper system seems to be extremely slow and locks up the computer at times when we attempt to use it. Some of the auto populated fields can not be turned off, so our secretaries are having to do double work to get the results we need. We are unable to add items in the field that carry over to smart service that will translate equally into quick books, so again the secretaries are having to go back and double work. At this time this is the program we use, but are in the process of looking at other programs that may be more flexible and less work for the office personal. We have spoken with our sales person and tech support on the issues noted above the I-fleet app that works with smart service the workers are consistantly telling us how slow the app is to respond!

Pros

The scheduling page that shows the number of trucks and color activated during time stamps

Cons

Not flexible for our industry, we keep hoping it will be more appealing to other options, but no luck after many years with the company.

Kristi

Reviewed on 2013-04-09

Amazing technology that provides our customers with professional and efficient service. Detailed notes, fast invoicing, awesome correspondence records between the customer and our company and ability to email and text through the software encourages success and keeps our company fresh and current. So glad we switched to Smart Service!!!

Pros

Love how easily Smart Service and Quick Books integrate. It has cut our billing time by hours.Thrilled to be able to include our service notes from SS on our QB invoices.
SS is quick to resolve any issues and are constantly improving on the software to make things more detailed and efficient.
iFleet is amazing! I love that I can see where our technicians are to track their routes.
Customer support is excellent and if your concerns always addressed.
Tracking inventory is a breeze.
Vehicle maintenance can be tracked by the office so that we don't have to rely on technicians for oil changes and other maintenance issues.
Software is fully customizable so we can enter our services and descriptions exactly as we want them to appear. .
Being able to email the customer his service order at time of service with his signature on it.
Recording history of past services so that the technicians can review what notes and materials were recorded at each prior service.

Cons

A lot of data entry is required to get the software like you want it. It takes dedicated man power but is well worth it once it is entered in.
Some software glitches can disrupt things for a bit but what software doesn't have these?
Making sure that Smart Service, Quickbooks and iFleet are reflecting the same information for the technicians using the devices so you need to familiarize yourself with where the information is pulling from.

Kathy
  • Industry: Restaurants

Scheduling with Ease

Reviewed on 2017-01-19

I have used Smart Service for 4 years now and it is a terrific software. It is very user friendly and easily navigated. We service 3 states - California / Arizona / Nevada - and our technicians have handsets that are in the field. Their feedback is that they like the software and ease of I-pad use when sending the documentation. The only downside is that I do not have enough time to navigate and learn and use all of its functionality. I am not using SmartService to its fullest capacity -- every day I learn a new function that I didn't realize existed. SmartService can fit all of your scheduling needs as it can be set up and programmed to suit your company's particular needs.

Pros

User Friendly; broad functionality in scheduling for tri-State area

Cons

Cannot to job times in timeframe needed-- our technicians work at night -- we can't show job times past 11:55pm

melissa
  • Used for 1+ year

DISAPOINTED

Reviewed on 2017-12-08

be advised that you can't even just purchase the product and use it. You have to pay for customer service to continue to use the product, even when you aren't at fault, when the system is not right you still have to pay for them to fix their problems.

Pros

Functions to schedule jobs is probably the only thing that I use this product for so I don't have many questions or problems, but when you do, its a problem

Cons

lack of customer service help on issues that are with the function of the product. I am able to function in the system as much as i need to, but when the system isn't doing what its supposed to then there is nothing I can do about it other than pay for them to fix a problem that should not exist

Response from My Service Depot

I’m sorry that you’re disappointed with the charges for ongoing support of Smart Service. You are correct that we do charge for ongoing support, but that charge includes all product updates including new feature enhancements, call-in and email support, customer training webinars, and continuing use of our web services for our mobile application. We strive to provide the best products and services at a reasonable cost to our customers, and the total cost of Smart Service is among the most competitive in the industry. I see that you recently renewed your support account, and we hope that you’ll take advantage of all of the services that it includes.

Jessica

Worked very well for dispatching HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical Service

Reviewed on 2018-04-02

Ability to dispatch efficiently. Ability to invoice easily without keeping track of paperwork. Everything was easily traceable. Very user friendly.

Pros

The ease of entering customers and service calls. Integrated live with QuickBooks. Easy to attach pictures and documents to service calls. Easy to run reports for department or service technician. Easy for technicians to complete work order/collect payment at the time of service call.

Cons

Tech support is great, but usually had to call and wait for a return call. Sometimes in the service industry those few minutes/hours can cost a lot of money.

Kathy
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Smart Service is easy to you but it doesn't do a lot of the reports we would like to do.

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

Its easy to use, that's about it. It does speak to Quickbooks but it creates a lot of errors which causes us to send our database in frequently.

Pros

Easy to use. The different screens can be confusing so you have to pay attention to what you're doing and what screen you are in. Lots of information can be entered into the system and utilized properly.

Cons

It creates errors in Quicksbooks and we constantly have to repair our database. The different screens which look identical, you have to be careful with. If you don't put the information into both sides, it does not transfer over.

Sherry

Reviewed on 2017-01-24

We have been using smart service since about 1999. I have to say it is a great tool for small service bushiness. There is some things I think could be done differently or improved to help with functionality in some areas. The customer service it great! I appreciate that you are all there and willing to help and/or answer questions. Thank you.

Pros

works well with QB

Cons

There is need for improvement 1) editing in customers names capability - can only be done in QB 2) List - edits on Jobs description and other areas - are not easy to edit... I think you could find an easier way to fix spelling errors and etc...

Bill

• Customer Support Software

The team at Smart Service were very helpful in getting the issue discussed and resolved

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

Pros

The scheduling feature is user friendly providing detailed technician information as well as a color legend categories. The ease of moving jobs from technician to another is a huge advantage without re-entering information.

Cons

There isn't a maps feature that works that is similar to Google Maps
Not able to have templates for our service technicians that is easy to set up or maintain without an additional expense having it built without a guarantee that it will work properly

Brandon

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 2017-01-19

We have been using smart service and ifleet for two years now and could not be happier. They are both very easy to get started and very easy to use. We have had no trouble integrating it with our technicians. No more double data entry into QuickBooks. I would highly recommend this software for any small to medium service type business. We do HVAC in Colorado Springs and I can see how this would work for many different types of companies.

Pros

It's many features and ease-of-use.

Cons

Tech-support is only available during regular business hours on Eastern standard time.

Alisha

• Customer Support Software

Smart service has helped me to keep track of every aspect of each individual customer and jobs.

Reviewed on 2018-01-15

Pros

I like that the software is user friendly and can be saved, changed and added to at any point of the job process. Keeping track of hours and job items has never been so easy. I can manage ifleet and scheduling simultaneously as well as customer follow ups and invoicing without delay.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the many triggers that inhibit me of recording certain vital job status changes, or general information or notes while the job is ongoing. Sometimes that shared information needs changed or updated during the job, the triggers resend unnecessary jobs back to ifleet. But even with these triggers, I am still very pleased with the software. I would like to know more, as I am always learning new features as the need for them arises.

Michelle
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good Service to have

Reviewed on 2019-03-29

Makes my job easier.

Makes my job easier.

Pros

It makes creating invoices easier and helps keep track of where your technicians need to go on the job and where they are.

Cons

Some jobs keep defaulting and i have to go in and re do work i just did. how to use some of the program is unfamiliar to me. It doesn't seem to back up what is done after you post a job. You then have vague information available. Maybe i just need to learn more about the program. :)

Katie
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

So easy and extremely useful!

Reviewed on 2017-05-05

All the of the necessary information is printed out on the daily workorders as needed. Again, this program is very easy to use as well as teach to new employees.

Pros

We love the fact that it is simple to use and holds a lot of our customers information. Searching for customers is what we use on a daily basis anytime our phone rings.

Cons

We really don't have much of anything to complain about. sometimes there are glitches but nothing major.

Katrina

Works Great

Reviewed on 2017-02-27

This is a great program, they could fix a few things, but other than that I have been satisfied.

Pros

Scheduling is easy and organized.

Cons

They don't tell you when it has been updated and their mapping system does not allow you to "optimize" more than 100 jobs at a time. My techs tell when their system is acting up and then I have to contact them to find out why and usually it is due to an update.

Christa

always great customer service

Reviewed on 2017-05-02

Pros

the ability to sync with quickbooks for billing. customer service is quick to respond and very polite.

Cons

i am not made aware of updates when they are released, i usually have an error, which will lead to a call and i will update. the ability to use smart service on ipad would be nice. mass data upload option, ie device inventory from excel sheet.

Taylor

• Customer Support Software

Smart Service is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 2017-01-19

We have been using Smart Service for the last few years in our HVAC business and it is a game changer. We are able to capture ALL of the information that comes out of the field, track everything that happens and run everything paperless. I would highly recommend Smart Service to anyone with a service business.

Pros

Easy to use, Tech support is amazing, and the sync between Quickbooks and Smart Service is great!

Cons

None