Smart Service

Add scheduling, dispatching, and more to QuickBooks.

Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Brad

Great Product & Great Support

Reviewed on 1/20/2017

I've been using Smart Service and iFleet for nearly 4 years and I really couldn't imaging operating our service company without it. I've seen quite a few changes and feature upgrades throughout over the years which shows that the product has great support. Whenever I have questions, they are answered right away. The only "complaint" I have if I had to make one would be that I would like to see the front facing camera be fixed within the iFleet app. I have been requesting this to be fix for the entire time that we have been using this product but it seems to go unnoticed. It must be a simple fix as every other camera app on iOS seems to work as intended. The pictures come in reversed which make reading numbers and words impossible. We use the front camera to take picture of product tags that are hard to reach. It would also be nice if the pictures were tagged with the job name and number so that we can easily locate and identify it. Thanks for a great product and all the support that goes into it. Looking forward to using this product for many years to come.

Pros

I've been using Smart Service and iFleet for nearly 4 years and I really couldn't imaging operating our service company without it. I've seen quite a few changes and feature upgrades throughout over the years which shows that the product has great support. When ever I have questions, they are answered right away. The only "complaint" I have if I had to make one would be that I would like to see the front facing camera be fixed within the iFleet app. I have been requesting this to be fix for the entire time that we have been using this product but it seems to go unnoticed. It must be a simple fix as every other camera app on iOS seems to work as intended. The pictures come in reversed which make reading numbers and words impossible. We use the front camera to take picture of product tags that are hard to reach. It would also be nice if the pictures were tagged with the job name and number so that we can easily locate and identify it. Thanks for a great product and all the support that goes into it. Looking forward to using this product for many years to come.

Denise
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

ACI Smart Service Review 09-21-2016

Reviewed on 9/21/2016

We have been using Smart Service with the IFleet portion for our technicians in the field for about 4 years now. Overall it is a very good system.

Pros

The ease of entering customers, service tickets, time keeping and the GPS tracking are great benefits of this system. For the most part our technicians have been easily trained on the process and it has cut down on a lot of their processing time in the field.

Cons

We have used the "Get Customer" or "Sync Customer" functions many times and since some of our office employees enter data directly into QuickBooks, we've lost a lot of email address and contact information on our customers. This information is critical to our database and it's very frustrating to try to rebuild.
We have several labor descriptions for our business and the work tickets can be set up correctly for the type of labor on a service call, the information transfers to the invoice in QB correctly, but defaults to ONE labor description on the time cards. So I end up having to revise nearly ever time card entry to correct the labor code. Also have to change the service or installation name from the sales rep's name to the actual technician that did the work. This has made the payroll processing a lot more time consuming than it used to be when it was entered directly through the time card entry in QB.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Moving company with smart service

Reviewed on 9/28/2016

There are certain fields in the moving industry that do not line up with other services. The mapper system seems to be extremely slow and locks up the computer at times when we attempt to use it. Some of the auto populated fields can not be turned off, so our secretaries are having to do double work to get the results we need. We are unable to add items in the field that carry over to smart service that will translate equally into quick books, so again the secretaries are having to go back and double work. At this time this is the program we use, but are in the process of looking at other programs that may be more flexible and less work for the office personal. We have spoken with our sales person and tech support on the issues noted above the I-fleet app that works with smart service the workers are consistantly telling us how slow the app is to respond!

Pros

The scheduling page that shows the number of trucks and color activated during time stamps

Cons

Not flexible for our industry, we keep hoping it will be more appealing to other options, but no luck after many years with the company.

Milakaa

• Customer Support Software

Smart Service is the program we use on an hourly basis to keep our service business going.

Reviewed on 3/27/2018

Everything is organized for me, makes taking, tracking calls a breeze!

Pros

Basic scheduling is very easy to learn, it only took me a couple of days to start scheduling basic calls. The rest involved mainly learning the service business that I work for in order to discover other needs within Smart Service. There is additional support via Smart Service's monthly webinars on various topics to assist with learning. I've attended 'Service Agreements' which I didn't know was possible until the webinar. I really like the reporting feature, it can generate useful data by request. For instance, pulling reports by customer location; if I want to view which customers live in South San Francisco I can easily create filters to do so. You really don't know how valuable a program is until your without it. We experienced our internet being down for half a day and had to go back to paper scheduling; that made us all realize how important Smart Service is to our business for sure!

Cons

If you misspell a customer name after selecting 'new customer/prospect' and make it to the main customer screen, you have to go into QuickBooks to make the corrections although it is a new customer. It would be better for new customers only to keep it unlocked until save is selected. That would save some time; I don't make constant errors but it happens occasionally. Also, tracking technicians does not seem to work 100%. I've made sure that their tablets are syncing but only have three technicians showing up on the map. Sometimes it can take a long time to load a customer and that delays a call and time. Other than those three minor problems, I can't really think of anything else.

Mar
  • Industry: Machinery

Smart Service

Reviewed on 3/25/2020

Pros

We really don't use the Software to its fullest. It We love the part we use

Cons

We would love to use the Service agreement billing but we bull a month in advance and the way it is designed we can not use it.

ServiceMax

Reasons for Choosing Smart Service

Reporting

Reasons for Switching to Smart Service

it had more of what we were looking for
Melinda
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

As with anything there are pros and cons, but the pros out weigh the cons by far.

Reviewed on 5/5/2017

That it links to QuickBooks is a big plus.

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling and tracking where my driver is. I also like the fact that my driver can take a picture for future reference when needed. Especially if we are waiting to do a repair at a later date and need to know which part is needed when we return.

Cons

I wish in the instruction section you could use bold and highlights when you want to make sure something stands out. I would like to be able to schedule a repeating phone call, for example, We have customers that we have repeating jobs every month but need to call the day before to remind them to put up animals or leave a gate unlocked. I would like for the reverse route the schedule when needed.

angela
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reliable Product

Reviewed on 3/23/2020

Overall the product is solid and the Support team is extremely helpful.

Pros

The scheduling feature works well. Many positive features, photo capturing, signatures, notes. I enjoy the monthly webinars that provide/reap new and old features of the product.

Cons

The downside of this product is the notes stay with the recurring job from year to year unless you create a new recurring job. This is time consuming and causes errors if the new job is not scheduled as recurring. A great feature would be for notes to automatically be archived when the next schedule occurs.

Kathy
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Smart Service is easy to you but it doesn't do a lot of the reports we would like to do.

Reviewed on 12/19/2017

Its easy to use, that's about it. It does speak to Quickbooks but it creates a lot of errors which causes us to send our database in frequently.

Pros

Easy to use. The different screens can be confusing so you have to pay attention to what you're doing and what screen you are in. Lots of information can be entered into the system and utilized properly.

Cons

It creates errors in Quicksbooks and we constantly have to repair our database. The different screens which look identical, you have to be careful with. If you don't put the information into both sides, it does not transfer over.

Wade

Get Smart!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

Smart service has revolutionized our business. From having your techs schedules at their fingertips to specific reports, Smart Service will make you smile.

Pros

It helps ease the burden of communicating jobs and details with our technicians and helps build our value to our clients with an out of the ordinary service and job quoting/invoicing experience. Very professional.

Cons

Sometimes the updates make it do weird things and it would take a good long tutorial or two to really get used to the functionality. All in all I have nothing bad to say about it.

Chris

• Customer Support Software

The process to move one of our data base to another QB company went well.

Reviewed on 5/8/2017

Pros

The service scheduling with ifleet for our technicians. It gives the tech an overview of his work for the day. The completion of their work the next morning is also a great and straightforward process into QB.

Cons

The only con was when going through the migration to another data base with several calls I talked to more than one tech. As all are versed in their knowledge of the product they do have different approaches. I would recommend when something like a migration takes place the same tech is available through the entire thing.

Melissa

• Customer Support Software

Great program, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 5/15/2017

Linking it to our accounting program allows us to not have to log in customer information twice. Our old program we had to create a customer in the pest control program and then use that information to create them again in our accounting program. I like that we can post the work order and it automatically shows up in our QuickBooks.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate through the work orders and customers. I like that you can post multiple invoices at one time if needed, or even skip multiple invoices at one time, simply by checking a box and then posting the first. I like that it connects so easily with our QuickBooks program.

Cons

I wish it would automatically reset a customer's price information for the following month. We have to change the amount of rooms serviced each month in various hotels. Our previous program would set the amount of rooms back to the base amount of rooms, but this program leaves it at the amount you post each month, so the following month it will show the amount of rooms and price from the previous month. Sometimes our customers get confused.

Hannah

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016

GSI has been using Smart Service since 2011. Within the last four years we have started to maximize the different options within the program. Smart Service is so easy to use and the customer service team is very knowledgeable.

Pros

GSI loves how easy the program is to use and the customer service department. Whenever we have a problem the customer service representative fixes it as quickly as possible.

Cons

Overall Smart Service is a great program my biggest complaint would have to be charging for add-on programs.

Kathy
  • Industry: Restaurants

Scheduling with Ease

Reviewed on 1/19/2017

I have used Smart Service for 4 years now and it is a terrific software. It is very user friendly and easily navigated. We service 3 states - California / Arizona / Nevada - and our technicians have handsets that are in the field. Their feedback is that they like the software and ease of I-pad use when sending the documentation. The only downside is that I do not have enough time to navigate and learn and use all of its functionality. I am not using SmartService to its fullest capacity -- every day I learn a new function that I didn't realize existed. SmartService can fit all of your scheduling needs as it can be set up and programmed to suit your company's particular needs.

Pros

User Friendly; broad functionality in scheduling for tri-State area

Cons

Cannot to job times in timeframe needed-- our technicians work at night -- we can't show job times past 11:55pm

Natalie

Easy and Accurate Dispatching with Smart Service

Reviewed on 3/17/2015

Pros

We use Smart Service to dispatch our team of 14 Plumbers and Apprentice Plumbers. This would be a Herculean job without the Smart Service technology. With Smart Service, our two dispatchers are able to orchestrate our work orders to match up skills of plumber with customer needs and minimize drive time. If there is a technical problem, Smart Service is very responsive and helpful. The best part of Smart Service software is that it integrates with QuickBooks and I-Fleet Phones.

Cons

Our Plumbers do have a suggestion to improve Smart Service. When the Work order information shows on the Plumber's I-Fleet phone, he sees the main contact name and phone number plus an alternate phone number. It would be helpful if he also could see an alternate name.

Lucas

• Customer Support Software

This software along with I fleet helped us streamline our scheduling and billing without paper

Reviewed on 1/19/2018

less paperwork and holds on to all open jobs scheduled until they are completely billed out

Pros

It integrates with the google calendar and Quickbooks. It holds pictures of jobs and really makes recurring jobs a breeze to setup and keep up with along with storing equipment mn and sn as well as warranty info.

Cons

nothing to really complain about. Sometimes the google calendar can be a hindrance because technicians can see 3 days out out and may be concerned about projects they are not on yet. Some may even develop a sickness they did not know they had in advance of a project they want to avoid.

Sherry

Smart Service Review

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

We have been using smart service since about 1999. I have to say it is a great tool for small service bushiness. There is some things I think could be done differently or improved to help with functionality in some areas. The customer service it great! I appreciate that you are all there and willing to help and/or answer questions. Thank you.

Pros

works well with QB

Cons

There is need for improvement 1) editing in customers names capability - can only be done in QB 2) List - edits on Jobs description and other areas - are not easy to edit... I think you could find an easier way to fix spelling errors and etc...

Bill

• Customer Support Software

The team at Smart Service were very helpful in getting the issue discussed and resolved

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

Pros

The scheduling feature is user friendly providing detailed technician information as well as a color legend categories. The ease of moving jobs from technician to another is a huge advantage without re-entering information.

Cons

There isn't a maps feature that works that is similar to Google Maps
Not able to have templates for our service technicians that is easy to set up or maintain without an additional expense having it built without a guarantee that it will work properly

Michelle
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good Service to have

Reviewed on 3/29/2019

Makes my job easier.

Pros

It makes creating invoices easier and helps keep track of where your technicians need to go on the job and where they are.

Cons

Some jobs keep defaulting and i have to go in and re do work i just did. how to use some of the program is unfamiliar to me. It doesn't seem to back up what is done after you post a job. You then have vague information available. Maybe i just need to learn more about the program. :)

Alisha

• Customer Support Software

Smart service has helped me to keep track of every aspect of each individual customer and jobs.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018

Pros

I like that the software is user friendly and can be saved, changed and added to at any point of the job process. Keeping track of hours and job items has never been so easy. I can manage ifleet and scheduling simultaneously as well as customer follow ups and invoicing without delay.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the many triggers that inhibit me of recording certain vital job status changes, or general information or notes while the job is ongoing. Sometimes that shared information needs changed or updated during the job, the triggers resend unnecessary jobs back to ifleet. But even with these triggers, I am still very pleased with the software. I would like to know more, as I am always learning new features as the need for them arises.

Katie
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

So easy and extremely useful!

Reviewed on 5/5/2017

All the of the necessary information is printed out on the daily workorders as needed. Again, this program is very easy to use as well as teach to new employees.

Pros

We love the fact that it is simple to use and holds a lot of our customers information. Searching for customers is what we use on a daily basis anytime our phone rings.

Cons

We really don't have much of anything to complain about. sometimes there are glitches but nothing major.

Emily

• Customer Support Software

We use Smart Service for all our scheduling. Everything kicks out on time!

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

We love that all our customers are able to have their extinguishers serviced every year on time due to Smart Service scheduling. Love the reporting tab so we can get a monthly spreadsheet of what we have due each month.

Cons

I've been using this software for 3+ years and have never had a problem so far! If I ever did, their technical support is always so helpful!

Jeff
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Amazingly easy to use

Reviewed on 7/7/2017

Learning the type of company MyServiceDepot is - a real customer centric company that takes your concerns to heart and let's you know how much they care about you and the use of their product

Pros

Everything! So easy to integrate with QB, Google Calendar, Outlook and every other program we use! It is like a breath of fresh air to FINALLY find something so EASY and Flawless to use! Cuts hours off my week, every week!

Katrina

Works Great

Reviewed on 2/27/2017

This is a great program, they could fix a few things, but other than that I have been satisfied.

Pros

Scheduling is easy and organized.

Cons

They don't tell you when it has been updated and their mapping system does not allow you to "optimize" more than 100 jobs at a time. My techs tell when their system is acting up and then I have to contact them to find out why and usually it is due to an update.

Christopher

• Customer Support Software

My Service Depot is not a company that stands by its word, they tell you one thing and do...

Reviewed on 12/22/2017

Experience about what not to buy

Pros

job entry is ok. The ability to drop & drag jobs between technicians is nice. Ifleet program worked ok

Cons

When we purchased this software I purchased the dispatching add on called Ifleet for my field technicians. I was told and I quote "Ifleet purchase option _ iphone/ipad smart service add-on with no set up fees or ongoing monthly charges for service or support. That is off of my sales contract. They have turned off my Ifleet because I haven't paid my support fees. My agreement states there are no fees for support but somehow I owe them money, supposedly. Don't believe anything they say as they are just trying to get your money.

I also have issues with the program itself as you need to be able to write computer code to get any kind of reports from the software, the reporting feature is difficult to use. Its interface with QuickBooks is not great which makes tracking receivables and sales difficult. Overall I am very disappointed with this software and I would not recommend purchasing it.

Gary
  • Industry: Facilities Services

We're happy with Smart Service

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

We have used Smart Service since the inception of our business in 2006. We have been pleased with their overall performance and dedication for their customers for all these years.

Pros

Report function, scheduling capability, routing, reliability

Cons

difficult to make corrections on customer names. Having difficulty trying to email off of Smart Service.