ServiceTrade Reviews

ServiceTrade

Software for commercial mechanical and fire contractors.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Amanda

Reviewed on 2023-03-09

We are extremely happy with the ServiceTrade product and team.

We are extremely happy with the ServiceTrade product and team.

Pros

ServiceTrade is easy to use for everyone in our company. This includes field technicians on the mobile app, schedulers, billers, managers, sales, and corporate users. ServiceTrade helps us track recurring services so that inspections are not missed. With deficiency tracking, they make it simple to quote repairs as soon as they're located and get the issues resolved for customers more quickly. The Service Portal for customers allows them to see their inspection reports, photos, job history, and upcoming appointments at a glance.Their support team is always friendly, quick with their responses, and helpful. Behind the scenes, their developers work quickly and thoroughly to ensure that new features are built as requested, tested, and then rolled out with minimal errors.

Cons

It would be nice for the mobile app and web versions to automatically log users out after a certain period of inactivity. We have found that some technicians have not logged out in several months, which is usually the root cause of mobile app glitches they experience.

LINDA

Saved by Service Trade!

Reviewed on 2019-05-15

I am solving the problems of scheduling jobs for on time appointments. It was a nightmare before Service Trade. Now, I can schedule jobs and the techs love it. They each have iPads with the Service Trade app on them and we communicate all day instead of waiting for them to return to the office at the end of the day!

Pros

The service and software are perfect for our company and it keeps everyone on schedule.  I like that the techs can look ahead for the week and see where they are working and what jobs they are doing.  Also, I can keep up with where they are located and how they are doing time wise.   If I need to add another job while the tech is in the field, I can. I can update my customers by calling a customer to inform them that the tech will be early or late to the appointment because I can see where they are located and how long they have been on the job. I don't know how we survived without Service Trade!!  They saved us!! Thank you!!

Cons

I only have one complaint about the software and that is when I need to reschedule a job from one week to the other, I can't do it without going in the job and making the change. I would love to be able to move the jobs in the scheduling area where you just click and drag the job to the next day! I've asked Service Trade about this idea...I'm sure they will have it at some point!

Paul

• Customer Support Software

Don't trust this software with your business's vital processes

Reviewed on 2022-09-07

We used ServiceTrade for over 6 years for all aspects of our fire alarm business. It was a great software at the beginning.
That being said, they have made too many updates that were not properly tested, and the end result is a software that just doesn't work anymore. They are no longer a high quality product, but continue to charge as if they were.
If you use ServiceTrade for all of your business's processes- installation, work order tracking, recurring service work, invoicing, profitability tracking, timecards, inventory management- you will be extremely disappointed in the result.

Pros

This software is user friendly. Your field staff will like the UI- either through the cell phone or a tablet.
Very customer friendly. Automated emails with custom links is terrific.
Overall their product looks great on the surface, and the presentation is top notch.

Cons

This software is EXPENSIVE. There are much more cost efficient alternatives that perform just as well.
Major updates are frequently rolled out without notice, and have a huge impact on your processes.
Each update results in more bugs, and have a cumulative negative result on the performance of the software. Updates also effect the app, so field staff are constantly having issues, and have to delete/reinstall the software.
Data is extremely difficult to mine (and yes, it costs extra to access that data). Determining how your techs perform, gross profit for projects, sales numbers are almost impossible to gather, and is often inaccurate once you figure out how to run the report.
This software does not handle different tax rates, and will result in you charging the wrong rates to your customers, costing you money.
Every feature costs more money- and the features frequently do not work as intended. (Timecards, recurring invoicing are major disappointments)

Response from ServiceTrade

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate feedback from our customers as it helps our product improve and influences the new products and features we release. If you ever run into any bugs, I encourage you to submit a support ticket, so it can be addressed immediately. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback!

- Mary Clayton Shearer

David

• Customer Support Software

Service Trade absolutely revolutionized our business. It is amazing.

Reviewed on 2016-09-13

Our company went from a literal shoe box full of index cards to Service Trade. It was such an abrupt jump in technology our heads were left spinning. There are so many benefits to using Service Trade that it is difficult to lay them all out. The best way to describe it this. If our company were a car, we went from square wheels to round wheels. Everything just runs smoother and almost all our information is accessible from anywhere.

Pros

Service Trade understands the needs of service contractors today. Many of us (contractors) are simply not plugged in to the highly valuable technology platforms that we desperately need to compete in the service industry. They have assembled a software platform that is easy to use, easy to learn and yet, provides AMAZING tools that most service companies and contractors could never conceptualize, let alone build, implement and support. They are accessible and interested in my success as a contractor.

Cons

There is not much I do not like about Service Trade. If I were talking to a friend about Service Trade, I would say that some of my employees faced a bit of a leaning curve to get through. One cannot simply sign up and never work again. They offer live human U.S. based training (a deal sealer for me), training videos, a trouble ticket system, on screen walk through and a growing knowledge center. Like any cutting edge technology, it is exciting to learn, and WELL worth the effort.

Response from ServiceTrade

David, Thank you for sharing your story. I'll make sure that our services team know that they've made a different for your staff. We're happy to be your partner! -- Shelley

Crystal

• Customer Support Software

A must-have for modern service industry businesses

Reviewed on 2016-10-24

If you're scheduling multiple crews, wanting to see where the techs are/ when they clocked in, and wanting to give customers great follow up information and photos, you pretty much have to have Service Trade. After the initial learning curve, which is definitely not bad, it frees up a lot of time and bandwidth because you can do much more. It keeps it organized for you and impresses your customers with the technology they expect- even from their HVAC, fire/ safety service, etc.

We've made a number of requests for changes and tweaks in the system to customize it further to our needs. Not all can be accommodated, but tech support has been great at listening to us and making sure they understand what we want. Then they tell us if it's feasible or if there is a better way that already exists. We've been really happy with the personalized touch. We attended their recent conference in SC and were really pleased with the additional ideas that are available that we're not yet implementing- getting to work on those ASAP.

Get with the future or get left behind. ServiceTrade is the new requirement for what we must provide to do good work and give customers what they want. ST is allowing us to expand and grow.

Pros

Ease of use, short initial learning curve, number of available features

Cons

Invoicing could be smoother - requesting more features for this area

Eric

• Customer Support Software

One of the best tools on the market, for a business of any size

Reviewed on 2018-05-23

I continue to be able to get quotes out faster than my customers have a chance to bid out the work. So the deficiencies I find, I typically end up conducting repairs for. Customers want solutions now... this app allows that

Pros

This software does it all. If you are looking to cut operations cost, as far as tracking job completion, deficiencies and scheduling, you will love this software. As far as I'm concerned, it's unmatched, and I've been in my profession for over 15 years, with big companies, who waste lots of time and money attempting to create similar tools which aren't incrementally close. Real rime deficiency quoting destroys competition who don't use this application.

Cons

From a user standpoint, there are many options only available from the web version which I think could be useful to technicians who use the mobile version. The number one thing for me would be the ability to schedule jobs from the mobile app which then can be integrated into the calendar on the mobile device. This to me is the only thing I would change.

Marek
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2023-05-30

My overall experience with ServiceTrade has been positive. The software provided a comprehensive solution for managing service operations, from scheduling and dispatching to invoicing and reporting. Its robust feature set and real-time mobile access enhanced the efficiency and effectiveness of service workflows. However, the complexity of the user interface was a minor drawback that could benefit from improvements to enhance user-friendliness. Nonetheless, ServiceTrade proved to be a valuable tool for streamlining service management processes.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about ServiceTrade was its comprehensive service management features. The software provided a robust set of tools for managing service orders, scheduling appointments, and tracking service activities. The ability to create detailed job records, capture customer signatures, and generate professional invoices streamlined the entire service workflow. Additionally, the integration with mobile devices allowed technicians to access and update information in real-time, improving communication and efficiency.

Cons

One thing I liked least was the complexity of the user interface. The software offered extensive functionalities, but the interface could sometimes feel overwhelming, especially for new users. Navigating through various features and settings required some learning curve, and it would have been helpful to have a more intuitive and simplified user interface to improve the overall user experience.

ena
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

ServiceTrade - a great product for service teams!

Reviewed on 2016-10-03

This is our 3rd go around with Field service software and up until this point I truly did not feel we would find something that would work in our industry. I am very pleased to have found ServiceTrade. This software is clear, concise and easy to navigate. The implementation was a breeze and - a real pleasure to work with Steve and Aaron. Both gentlemen seem to understand the business itself and not just the software which is where I have experience difficulty with other software providers as they were not able to help me solve our business problems. It is easy to find the information you are looking for and the ability to tentatively schedule and plan out 3 months ahead is game-changing for us. Updates every two weeks and the software is continually adding new functionality means that we can continue to improve over the long term. This softrware is well thought out and suited to real working service companies.

Pros

Easy to navigate, scheduling and planning in advance, different views for scheduling vs. dispatch is a real bonus. Recurring services is an important feature for us and this software handles it the best I've seen. Tracking discrepancies ensures we don't drop the ball internally and ensures we provide the level of service we promise our customers. The asset details and the fact that technicians can access both the assets, and the job histories of each asset really easily makes their jobs so much easier. Ability to provide updates and job work orders/invoices to customers without any duplication using service link is a great feature.

Cons

I wish there was better reporting on technician hours as a separate report. It is easy to see the time on a job basis but it would be extremely helpful to report hours on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis separate from the jobs themselves.

Linda

Office Under Control...thanks to Service Trade

Reviewed on 2016-10-31

I started working at our family business in January of 2015. I was going to assist the ladies in the office and learn how to do their work, so when they were out sick or on vacation, their work would continue to be completed and they wouldn't be bombarded when they returned to their office. Well, after three months of working three days a week, I took over the management of the office and both ladies left our company. I was shocked at how inefficient the office staff was running the office. Now, thanks to Service Trade, the office is under control. I love the way you can schedule the jobs and make the service recurring, so you don't miss out on the opportunity to service your customer in a timely manner. We add the price to the job so the tech does not have to call us every time he is unsure of the price! This feature has been great for the new techs who haven't learned our pricing structure yet. I do not know how we conducted business before Service Trade, well yes I do....very inefficiently! At first, I was very overwhelmed with the system. The training was full of so much information that my head was spinning! But now after a few mini learning sessions, I consider it easy to use and understand. The quality of the product is the BEST!! So many features are available, that I still don't use all of them. My favorite feature is the connection with Quick Books. The invoices transfer to QB and we just add the invoice number and e-mail it to the customer! No more waiting for the techs to return to the office with hand written invoices for us to enter in QB. We just added the inspection reports to the system, so now we have very nice, clean , easy to read inspection reports from our techs entering the information in the system. Gone are the days of the paper inspection forms that come back to us all dirty, torn and unorganized. The guys at Service Trade are great! Any time I have a problem, it is solved in a timely manner. I've contacted them via the web, e-mail and by phone. They are always willing to assist me with my crazy questions! The money that we paid for Service Trade is worth it! I wouldn't run my office without it. Thanks Service Trade for making my transition to working full time a better experience than it would have been without you!

Julie
Julie

• Customer Support Software

Great program to keep up with jobs, create quotes, and track sales and expenses

Reviewed on 2018-05-22

Organization, ease of scheduling, tracking jobs and job costing aspects

Organization, ease of scheduling, tracking jobs and job costing aspects

Pros

Pretty user-friendly, with help readily available. Service Trade seems to be very receptive to suggestions from its customers, who are the ones using the software.

Cons

There are several things that seem to be missing in the flow of creating new jobs and quotes from existing jobs.

Mace
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 2020-01-02

Both the people and the product are great. It is a great fit for our organization

Pros

The ease and the learning curb. It has been extremely easy for our field technicians to learn and implement the use of ServiceTrade into their daily routines.

Cons

The development team is constantly coming out with new releases. I wish there was a better way for us to keep up with learning those new features and put them to use.

Thomas
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Service Trade Mobile App.

Reviewed on 2019-07-06

We have solved all our paper issues using one application. We are able to dispatch, quote, run time cards, conduct billing, keep track of open jobs based on shipping information. Plus if the technician doesn’t know where to go it goes right to maps for directions. Like I said it’s a great app. And gets better all the time.

Pros

The versatility to plan out jobs, pull up your assets, look back at prior work history, and to be totally paperless. It’s a little time consuming building your customers base. But once you have that established. You can do a repair, complete the job , add your pictures to the job , have a customer sign once completed. Review and expedite billing all within 24 hours. It don’t get much better than that.

Cons

A little slow at loading when you first start out for the day. Wish processing speeds were just a little faster. Not start and reboot, and now your ready to process. I hope that’s explained properly.

Ned

Good bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2023-03-13

Overall, Servicetrade is a powerful tool. It takes the stress of managing customers and jobs once it is implemented fully.

Pros

The customer database is easy to use, the mobile app works well and is not overly complicated for the field guys. Integration with our existing Quickbooks system was fairly straight forward. Billing and quoting work very well. The email tracking of quotes to customers is nice.

Cons

There is a learning curve. It has some quirks that will hang you up until you understand them. The analytics could be better. tracking certain things is tough. Tracking time for payroll is almost impossible.

Eric

• Customer Support Software

Great product that keeps getting better

Reviewed on 2017-02-13

The Service Trade team gets it. They listen to their customers and are constantly updating their platform. I attended the annual Digital Wrap show in 2016 and was blown away with how much valuable information they had put together. I will be at this show every year and will remain a loyal customer for as many years we are both in business. With the help of the Service Trade team that will be many decades into the future.

Pros

The simple design and usability for my service technicians. My guys are true blue collar workers, with dirty hands and they use Service Trade every day.

Cons

It is really not a criticism of Service Trade, but I wish they could roll out Android updates as quickly as they can Apple. I understand enough of the technical issues to know that it is because there are so many different Android platforms, but... Other than that I do not know of any real other cons.

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Our company has become super efficient with ServiceTrade

Reviewed on 2016-05-06

ServiceTrade has transformed our business in ways I never imagined possible. We have eliminated 4 independent software systems by using ServiceTrade and streamlined our business to become very efficient. Our Technicians and Office Staff work very well together sharing real-time information through ServiceTrade; eliminating all the friction and slow down that normally occurs in a service business. We have significantly improved the customer experience across the board, they get immediate information sent electronically on the services performed including a detailed report with plenty of photos and deficiency information followed up by a quote for repairs needed within 24 hours, often times the same day.

Being streamlined and efficient in all that we do has made for a much happier work force, employees love the software and enjoy the frustration-free and immediate work-flow so they can process their work faster with clear and concise information and pass it along to the customer for quick turnaround. Our customers are happier, the employees are happier and with the significant savings from becoming efficient combined with higher revenue production per tech, our owners are very happy too.

The ServiceTrade team also been great to work with, they provide exceptional support with rapid response and worked very well with us through the implementation so that the transition was a very thorough and well planned process.

I think it's important to not only thoroughly understand the software and whether it meets or exceeds your needs, but it's equally important to know the team and who will be supporting you so that you have comfort with your decision and know that you're partnering with a company/team that you believe in, that you want to do business with for the long-term and that you know has its customers best business interests in mind. The best way to confirm you've made the right choice is to talk to their customers, doing that really helped me understand how well ServiceTrade performed and that I was entering a solid partnership for my business.

William

• Customer Support Software

Provides our Corporation with the needed tools to manage our service business

Reviewed on 2017-07-27

Management of the entire service aspect of our corporation, from one end to the other.

Pros

The flexibility of managing Technicians in the field and the backend Office Users; from Dispatching, Scheduling, Invoicing, Forms, and Data. We have a way to track our strong points and our weak ones. The ability to create and maintain our own form library has given us the ability to satisfy our Customers and locale AHJs in a manner we were never able to do before.

Cons

While we have the ability to create our own PDF forms which we can code to auto-populate most static data, we cannot do this on the couple of Spreadsheet Graphing forms we have created to fill a vital need. Also, when updating the PDF Forms, which is necessary from time to time, we must re-load the entire library section where the form is loaded so it will compile in the appropriate order in the forms package. Those are the very few issues we have experienced, and given ServiceTrade's willingness and ability to address needed updates to their software, we have confidence that these issues will be tackled, if possible.

ServiceTrade Rocks!

Reviewed on 2020-11-03

Our overall experience is outstanding. The ServiceTrade team is very responsive if any issue does come up.

Pros

ServiceTrade is great for our business and our customers. The customer portal is a feature we offer to our customers that sets us apart from other companies. Ease of use in the field makes our technicians lives better. Scheduling and Time keeping is a breeze. The service history is an invaluable tool. Quoting straight from our technicians completed job helps us make sure we are not dropping opportunities, which improves sales and improves service to our customers.

Cons

There have been issues with syncing from the mobile devices.

Jasman

• Customer Support Software

Very resourceful easy to function

Reviewed on 2017-05-03

There are several benefits our company gets from this software. It stores our jobs and details, our technicians use it to track where they are to go. We store special notes and comments that helps with invoicing. It helps the executives with gross profits margins. We track parts and labor hours and job details.

Pros

Easy to navigate around the software. I can search for customers using different variations of the name of business and/or the address of the location.

Cons

The only thing that I do not care for to much is the tagging feature. If one job is tagged that tag sticks to customer each time a job is set. I.E a customer may be tagged to have a PO for a specific job and maybe the next doesn't need a PO because it was under the dollar value. The PO tag sticks to that customer each time insinuating that the job needs a PO when it not necessarily the case.

Bethanne

• Customer Support Software

Helps make my job a lot easier!!

Reviewed on 2017-05-02

I love how our techs can upload all of their paperwork & pictures for jobs. I can go to a customers location & see all of the jobs we have ever done for them. We can adjust paperwork & pictures with the drag & fix option. I like how it keeps track of our techs drive hours & work hours separate. There is a place for all of our information. It is just the best!!

Pros

Cons

Like once every 6 months it might go down for like 5 minutes. But they get it fixed & back up & running.

Travis

• Customer Support Software

Review of service from a developer who interacts primarily with the API

Reviewed on 2016-10-21

ServiceTrade is very feature rich and I'm impressed by the variety of use cases that it handles and wealth of features. However for us, this plus is often a downside. We have very specific use cases and sometimes the way data is setup in service trade is not the best fit for us. However, this isn't really a complaint, rather an observation. If ServiceTrade was to fit our needs better, it would not fit the needs of other organizations.

I've been impressed with the responsiveness of the service and development teams who have provided timely and detailed answers to questions I have raised.

Pros

Feature rich UI.

Cons

With the wide use cases, it often feels like I'm having to solve two or three problems to solve one of our internal problems. Meaning, it is sometimes a complicated process to map a feature request in our domain to an implementation integrating service trade... but I don't know that there is a way to solve that. It is the nature of the service trade platform to have to accommodate a wide variety of use cases, and I understand that.

Kyle

BEST ONLINE PLATFORM TO STREAMLINE YOUR SERVICE BUSINESS

Reviewed on 2019-07-01

I highly recommend this platform to any service oriented company. The streamlined software enhances efficiency while distinguishing your company above others.

Pros

Our technicians all use the software to clock in to jobs, make notes and take pictures of jobs, and maintain records for each customer. This easy to use online software allows for us to quote customers and track service progress easily between the office and on the field.

Cons

This software is great, the only issue our techs have experienced is in areas with poor cell service.

Trevor

• Customer Support Software

Service trade for the daily user

Reviewed on 2020-11-09

Overall
I am quite happy with the Service.
After all of the bugs got sorted out, it has been...

Overall
I am quite happy with the Service.
After all of the bugs got sorted out, it has been amazing to use especially for the day to day operations

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, and I am able to find what I am looking for very quickly

Cons

There are some connectivity issues, and there have been some issues with having to upload the reports
The have been times where I have had to delete the program off my phone and reinstall it just so the uploads can work correctly

Daniel

• Customer Support Software

I use service trade for all my service repair quoting ,It's Awesome

Reviewed on 2017-08-21

The biggest thing for me is the speed of getting the quote to the customer for service at their facility. A lot of time i can send a quote while the Technician is still on site and we are able to get approval for that repair that same day, Saves a trip back

Pros

we like the way we attach pictures of deficiencies so the customer is able to see the issues with their equipment.

Cons

sometimes there are updates done and i am not aware of them until i am using the program, all in all i really don't have any issues with Service Trade

Micah

• Customer Support Software

Service Trade has helped grow our business dramatically

Reviewed on 2020-11-09

Pros

Scheduling has become much easier being integrated with Google Maps. Quotes can go out much quicker and more efficiently than in the past.
Documentation and transparency for the customer has been great for retention and referrals.

Cons

I think the portal could be improved to keep approved quotes available for the customer to view. Duplicate pictures have also been an issue when my techs upload them.

Adam

• Customer Support Software

ServiceTrade was the solution to a host of problems.

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

Pros

A solid product that is well thought out and has continued to progress and intergrate into our model. The customer service is unmatched by any company that I have dealt with over the last 11 years in business. Responsive, innovative, take suggestions seriously and implement them.

The visual scheduling is what sold us originally for this product. To see a visual map of all upcoming jobs and efficiently schedule them greatly reduced the time devoted to planning technician routes. This allowed more time to be spent communicating with the customer further improving the relationship with them. We have since proceeded to us more and more features to further streamline operations.

Cons

Sometimes ideas take a while from inscription to concept to implemented. They are doing a ton and roll out new features constantly.