ServiceTrade

Commercial field service and customer service application.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

ena
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

ServiceTrade - a great product for service teams!

Reviewed on 10/3/2016

This is our 3rd go around with Field service software and up until this point I truly did not feel we would find something that would work in our industry. I am very pleased to have found ServiceTrade. This software is clear, concise and easy to navigate. The implementation was a breeze and - a real pleasure to work with Steve and Aaron. Both gentlemen seem to understand the business itself and not just the software which is where I have experience difficulty with other software providers as they were not able to help me solve our business problems. It is easy to find the information you are looking for and the ability to tentatively schedule and plan out 3 months ahead is game-changing for us. Updates every two weeks and the software is continually adding new functionality means that we can continue to improve over the long term. This softrware is well thought out and suited to real working service companies.

Pros

Easy to navigate, scheduling and planning in advance, different views for scheduling vs. dispatch is a real bonus. Recurring services is an important feature for us and this software handles it the best I've seen. Tracking discrepancies ensures we don't drop the ball internally and ensures we provide the level of service we promise our customers. The asset details and the fact that technicians can access both the assets, and the job histories of each asset really easily makes their jobs so much easier. Ability to provide updates and job work orders/invoices to customers without any duplication using service link is a great feature.

Cons

I wish there was better reporting on technician hours as a separate report. It is easy to see the time on a job basis but it would be extremely helpful to report hours on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis separate from the jobs themselves.

Huntere
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Service Trade Review

Reviewed on 1/6/2022

We have learned to really like ST as a company and we enjoy using it as our daily scheduler and service system. We are hoping that the ST team is willing to work with us and consider some of our ideas on how t make it better.

Pros

I have really enjoyed being able to organize our technicians schedules with ease and all of the history and information we are able to accumulate in this system. Everything you need to know about a customer and a job is always at your finger tips.

Cons

Parts Ledger has been a pain majority of the time. The "mobile app" is great for getting PO's easily but it gets stuck all the time and glitches all the time. It stops working all the time and the process of reversing or editing a PO is too complicated.

Response from ServiceTrade

Hi Huntere. Thank you for sharing your experience with ServiceTrade. We're always happy to hear where we're doing well and where we can do better. And we do want to hear your ideas for how we can make our products better. Your ServiceTrade Account Manager is a great person to share those ideas with. Have a great day and thank you for using ServiceTrade. -- Shelley

Liss

Life saver

Reviewed on 1/3/2020

I love it since day 1 i was super happy and excited this made everybody job much easier

Pros

I love everything i was the biggest supported to implement software

Cons

I would love for the software to have the availability to write quotes on a different format something similar to world documents, they need to improve on that aspect. System has a few glitches and overall very happy

David

• Customer Support Software

Flexible tool for completing job paperwork

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

Pros

The vendor spent several days at our company training us. He showed us how to use the app and web site and then reviewed our paperwork after we had spent a day in the field of actually using it on OUR jobs, on location. This was key to help us refine the details of how to properly use the software.
The software allows us the flexibility of downloading paperwork from our main office to our tablets used in the field and uploading inspection and service forms and images back as scanned .pdf or .jpg files from the field, fillable .pdf's from the app, images directly from the tablet camera, or images and files stored on the hard drive, they can be emailed to the app or downloaded through the web site. This flexibility allows us to use many means to accomplish our work. I have found that the scanner app I used previously can share the scanned files directly with service trade without opening any other app, I used to have to scan the document, close the scanner app, open the file, share it to my email and then fill in the email address and other info to email to the recipient.
This software also makes it easy to include a photo to document work that needs done or problems that need to be corrected as well as a quick image of the completed job to document how it looked when we left.

Cons

We currently have to continue using our old method of paperwork as well as using service trade to make sure there is nothing lost until everyone is comfortable with it so we have to do the paperwork twice. The software is internet based so in remote locations without Wi-Fi or good cellular reception it can be nearly impossible to get or send the paperwork. Some of the work can be downloaded before traveling to the site, completed in the field and then uploaded after returning to an area with good reception but this doesn't allow accurate timestamp of arrival and departure and the signed work order has to be left open until it can be uploaded.

• Industry: Public Safety

• Customer Support Software

The most useful business tool on the market, which a company can't afford not to have

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

Service Trade is an asset for any company, big or small. I have worked using many other company, electronic based tracking tools, but none as extensive as Service Trade. Service Trade can do it all, quoting, deficiency tracking, pictures and work acknowledgements. The comment section is very useful for field technicians to keep track of the trends at any customer site. I utilize the tablet version, and the smartphone version. It would be great if signatures were available to be captured on the smartphone app as well.

Pros

Its user friendly, its an asset to any company, of any size. It helps save paper and helps save time with its ability to capture images. It also make turn around time to send out quotes 10 times faster as the deficiency section is real time, even before a tech leaves a site.

Cons

On the Mobile phone version, technicians can't capture customer signatures.

• Industry: Public Safety

• Customer Support Software

One of the best tools on the market, for a business of any size

Reviewed on 5/23/2018

I continue to be able to get quotes out faster than my customers have a chance to bid out the work. So the deficiencies I find, I typically end up conducting repairs for. Customers want solutions now... this app allows that

Pros

This software does it all. If you are looking to cut operations cost, as far as tracking job completion, deficiencies and scheduling, you will love this software. As far as I'm concerned, it's unmatched, and I've been in my profession for over 15 years, with big companies, who waste lots of time and money attempting to create similar tools which aren't incrementally close. Real rime deficiency quoting destroys competition who don't use this application.

Cons

From a user standpoint, there are many options only available from the web version which I think could be useful to technicians who use the mobile version. The number one thing for me would be the ability to schedule jobs from the mobile app which then can be integrated into the calendar on the mobile device. This to me is the only thing I would change.

Linda

Office Under Control...thanks to Service Trade

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

I started working at our family business in January of 2015. I was going to assist the ladies in the office and learn how to do their work, so when they were out sick or on vacation, their work would continue to be completed and they wouldn't be bombarded when they returned to their office. Well, after three months of working three days a week, I took over the management of the office and both ladies left our company. I was shocked at how inefficient the office staff was running the office. Now, thanks to Service Trade, the office is under control. I love the way you can schedule the jobs and make the service recurring, so you don't miss out on the opportunity to service your customer in a timely manner. We add the price to the job so the tech does not have to call us every time he is unsure of the price! This feature has been great for the new techs who haven't learned our pricing structure yet. I do not know how we conducted business before Service Trade, well yes I do....very inefficiently! At first, I was very overwhelmed with the system. The training was full of so much information that my head was spinning! But now after a few mini learning sessions, I consider it easy to use and understand. The quality of the product is the BEST!! So many features are available, that I still don't use all of them. My favorite feature is the connection with Quick Books. The invoices transfer to QB and we just add the invoice number and e-mail it to the customer! No more waiting for the techs to return to the office with hand written invoices for us to enter in QB. We just added the inspection reports to the system, so now we have very nice, clean , easy to read inspection reports from our techs entering the information in the system. Gone are the days of the paper inspection forms that come back to us all dirty, torn and unorganized. The guys at Service Trade are great! Any time I have a problem, it is solved in a timely manner. I've contacted them via the web, e-mail and by phone. They are always willing to assist me with my crazy questions! The money that we paid for Service Trade is worth it! I wouldn't run my office without it. Thanks Service Trade for making my transition to working full time a better experience than it would have been without you!

Thomas
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Service Trade Mobile App.

Reviewed on 7/6/2019

We have solved all our paper issues using one application. We are able to dispatch, quote, run time cards, conduct billing, keep track of open jobs based on shipping information. Plus if the technician doesn’t know where to go it goes right to maps for directions. Like I said it’s a great app. And gets better all the time.

Pros

The versatility to plan out jobs, pull up your assets, look back at prior work history, and to be totally paperless. It’s a little time consuming building your customers base. But once you have that established. You can do a repair, complete the job , add your pictures to the job , have a customer sign once completed. Review and expedite billing all within 24 hours. It don’t get much better than that.

Cons

A little slow at loading when you first start out for the day. Wish processing speeds were just a little faster. Not start and reboot, and now your ready to process. I hope that’s explained properly.

• Customer Support Software

Great product that keeps getting better

Reviewed on 2/13/2017

The Service Trade team gets it. They listen to their customers and are constantly updating their platform. I attended the annual Digital Wrap show in 2016 and was blown away with how much valuable information they had put together. I will be at this show every year and will remain a loyal customer for as many years we are both in business. With the help of the Service Trade team that will be many decades into the future.

Pros

The simple design and usability for my service technicians. My guys are true blue collar workers, with dirty hands and they use Service Trade every day.

Cons

It is really not a criticism of Service Trade, but I wish they could roll out Android updates as quickly as they can Apple. I understand enough of the technical issues to know that it is because there are so many different Android platforms, but... Other than that I do not know of any real other cons.

Joey
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

The last update fixed alot of minor things that i would have suggested. Good job!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016

The one thing i can think of is getting the software to rememer email adresses when finishing work acknowledgments. Similar to How your email works, as you start typing in the email address it will pull up previous ones used that match. This will keep repeat customers from having to type in there full email adress every time. Some custommers have a hard time finding those dificult keys strokes like "_".

Pros

Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

Any cons have nothing to do with the software and Everything to do with APPLE DEVICES.
I often wonder how it works on an Android Platform.
Maybe FIX THE BUG WITH { }[ ]~<> SYMBOLS in the deficiency section .......Im the lucky one who caused this error at our company, locking up a couple jobs on the office side. OOPS....

Nino

Service Trade Software - 2 Thumbs Up

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Pros

There is a lot that I like about this company. I guess if I had to single it out I would say that their willingness to listen to their customers and update their software is their biggest strength. That may sound trite, but the fact is that once you get started using software on a daily basis you will invariably come up with issues in which you see how the software could operate in a more efficient manner. In other companies that I have worked with that is where the communications stop. With Service Trade though, they take your suggestions and work on plugging them in to their operating software. They have a fantastic relationship with their customer base, and until we started using Service Trade I had no idea that there was a company out there that cared about their customers enough to work their suggestions into workable solutions.

Cons

We have had small glitches in the software (mostly tablet issues) over the past 22 months, but for the most part they have been handled quickly.

Timothy

Requested ST Feedback

Reviewed on 1/6/2022

ST has helped our start up company manage our quick growth.
We would not be providing a great overall customer experience with it.

Pros

This software was created and is organized by people in the service industry. This is huge for me.
They think like we do.

Cons

When we were sold this product, one of the really great selling features was the Chat Help.
You have since downgraded this to an email tech support. (but cost stayed the same).
As a result, there is an increased lag in response and no 2-way conversation.
Just like the rest of your competition.

Response from ServiceTrade

Timothy, great minds think alike, especially when we share the same goal of growing service businesses.

Thanks for taking the time to send us a review!

Calling our support team directly is a great way to get a more immediate response and a quicker 2-way conversation.

Thanks again.

Travis

• Customer Support Software

Review of service from a developer who interacts primarily with the API

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

ServiceTrade is very feature rich and I'm impressed by the variety of use cases that it handles and wealth of features. However for us, this plus is often a downside. We have very specific use cases and sometimes the way data is setup in service trade is not the best fit for us. However, this isn't really a complaint, rather an observation. If ServiceTrade was to fit our needs better, it would not fit the needs of other organizations.

I've been impressed with the responsiveness of the service and development teams who have provided timely and detailed answers to questions I have raised.

Pros

Feature rich UI.

Cons

With the wide use cases, it often feels like I'm having to solve two or three problems to solve one of our internal problems. Meaning, it is sometimes a complicated process to map a feature request in our domain to an implementation integrating service trade... but I don't know that there is a way to solve that. It is the nature of the service trade platform to have to accommodate a wide variety of use cases, and I understand that.

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Our company has become super efficient with ServiceTrade

Reviewed on 5/6/2016

ServiceTrade has transformed our business in ways I never imagined possible. We have eliminated 4 independent software systems by using ServiceTrade and streamlined our business to become very efficient. Our Technicians and Office Staff work very well together sharing real-time information through ServiceTrade; eliminating all the friction and slow down that normally occurs in a service business. We have significantly improved the customer experience across the board, they get immediate information sent electronically on the services performed including a detailed report with plenty of photos and deficiency information followed up by a quote for repairs needed within 24 hours, often times the same day.

Being streamlined and efficient in all that we do has made for a much happier work force, employees love the software and enjoy the frustration-free and immediate work-flow so they can process their work faster with clear and concise information and pass it along to the customer for quick turnaround. Our customers are happier, the employees are happier and with the significant savings from becoming efficient combined with higher revenue production per tech, our owners are very happy too.

The ServiceTrade team also been great to work with, they provide exceptional support with rapid response and worked very well with us through the implementation so that the transition was a very thorough and well planned process.

I think it's important to not only thoroughly understand the software and whether it meets or exceeds your needs, but it's equally important to know the team and who will be supporting you so that you have comfort with your decision and know that you're partnering with a company/team that you believe in, that you want to do business with for the long-term and that you know has its customers best business interests in mind. The best way to confirm you've made the right choice is to talk to their customers, doing that really helped me understand how well ServiceTrade performed and that I was entering a solid partnership for my business.

Laura

• Customer Support Software

This software has been a godsend to us in terms of managing our crews and time more efficiently...

Reviewed on 5/23/2018

It brought us into the 21st century regarding our scheduling and employee management.

Pros

Simple to upload photos, documents, and audio files to supplement records. Frequent updates with new, easily utilizable features shows that the company is always striving to improve their product. Customer service is excellent. Employees generally have a good sense of humour and are client-oriented.

Cons

Cost to integrate with QuickBooks (high price for smaller businesses) versus cost of time spent to duplicate invoices in both programs w/out integration (and the maddening redundancy). Would be great if we could directly import associated files when transitioning from a past inspection to a scheduled job instead of uploading the files all again for the job.

Tammy

HVAC/R Company

Reviewed on 4/1/2021

Overall, the software is great. Our customers love the ServiceLink feature and those that are signed up for the ServicePortal love it.

Pros

User friendly - a tutorial and a few times using it and usage becomes smooth. We also love the support team.

Cons

Improved data storage to have the software not slow to a crawl as well as the Tech app could have better functionality in terms of improved search for assigned Jobs and enhancing what is available for a Tech to view.

Response from ServiceTrade

Thank you for the review, Tammy! We appreciate the feedback and will pass along your recommendations to our Product team. So glad you are enjoying ServiceTrade and love to hear your customers are loving it, too!

Jasman
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Very resourceful easy to function

Reviewed on 5/3/2017

There are several benefits our company gets from this software. It stores our jobs and details, our technicians use it to track where they are to go. We store special notes and comments that helps with invoicing. It helps the executives with gross profits margins. We track parts and labor hours and job details.

Pros

Easy to navigate around the software. I can search for customers using different variations of the name of business and/or the address of the location.

Cons

The only thing that I do not care for to much is the tagging feature. If one job is tagged that tag sticks to customer each time a job is set. I.E a customer may be tagged to have a PO for a specific job and maybe the next doesn't need a PO because it was under the dollar value. The PO tag sticks to that customer each time insinuating that the job needs a PO when it not necessarily the case.

Niki
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Grade A Software

Reviewed on 11/4/2016

It is quick, easy, and to the point. I have been in the hood cleaning industry for a little over 12 years now and have went through several changes with software devices. A few for example are; Outlook, Quickbooks, Timberline, Citrix trying several ways to making thing easier. ServiceTrade is smooth sailing for me. Once I was introduced to this system I picked on on a lot of things rather quickly so it is very easy for a self teaching program.

Pros

You can not really make a mistake. I like the fact you can get into the system and explore every option that you have to work with. I really like how you can enter all notes into the system and everything stays together making it very easy and accessible for the next time we services the locations. Over all in general the PRO to this system is it is quick, easy, & efficient!

Cons

There isn't really anything I do not like about the system except for the normal glitches where everything freezes sometimes and doesn't record your information cause it was in freeze mode. Other than that I have no complaints.

Dan

• Customer Support Software

You can’t spell best without ST

Reviewed on 1/7/2022

ST allows me to perform more work at a faster pace. Scheduling is fast and easy. I’m able to be prepared for the following year using my notes

Pros

ST has made me more efficient in my daily routine. It’s very easy to use and I’m not at technologically advanced as others

Cons

When I come upon a “Con” my office staff is able to show me the answers

Response from ServiceTrade

Thanks for the review, Dan! I love the title. That's going to be our new mantra :)

Glad to hear it's helping make your job more efficient. Thanks again.

Daniel

• Customer Support Software

I use service trade for all my service repair quoting ,It's Awesome

Reviewed on 8/21/2017

The biggest thing for me is the speed of getting the quote to the customer for service at their facility. A lot of time i can send a quote while the Technician is still on site and we are able to get approval for that repair that same day, Saves a trip back

Pros

we like the way we attach pictures of deficiencies so the customer is able to see the issues with their equipment.

Cons

sometimes there are updates done and i am not aware of them until i am using the program, all in all i really don't have any issues with Service Trade

Bobby

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for the service industry

Reviewed on 8/15/2017

I can see what the office has scheduled for me days/weeks in advance and plan my schedule around that.

Pros

The ability to organize everything including reports, pictures, and deficiencies to be done and anyone with access can see them as well.

Cons

Would like the ability to single out map dots by day where that day is all you see. Also when two techs are clocked into a job and one signs out, it dissappears from the other techs service even if the other tech isn't ready to clock out.

Chris
  • Industry: Facilities Services

organizes and handles a lot of the tasks for scheduling technicians

Reviewed on 5/24/2018

It has a lot of good features to organize a workforce of technicians

Pros

Easy to schedule a tech, see jobs location and schedule another nearby job. Allows you to see a weekly calendar of Customers and techs scheduled .

Cons

When looking at a customer location and looking at past jobs, can not tell services performed on that job. You must click on each one to see services performed, very difficult to find a particular service when multiple services on 1 job.

Randy

Safety and Compliance Review

Reviewed on 1/2/2020

Service Trade has been excellent, I have no complaints.

Pros

It is very easy to use and once the user understands how the software works, it is very fast to use.

Cons

When viewing photos, it would be nice if there was an auto expand feature to make the photos easier to view. Also, online form completion would be nice.

Jay
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Field Service Tech, After-hours Dispatch.

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

Great platform. Really illustrates the time costs and highlights where resources are lost

Pros

Map connectivity, Customer history, Technician and scheduling/admin notes

Cons

Can be a little confusing when learning to use it. deficiency reporting and notes not visible to all, photos get "lost"

Response from ServiceTrade

Thanks for the review, Jay.

Visibility is a user setting so work with your admin to manage those controls.

As for the photos getting lost or any other issues you run into, reach out to support and report on what's going on there, so we can take a look and address any potential bugs.

Thanks again!

Lynne

• Customer Support Software

Service Trade has helped our company grow up.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

What I mean by that is, the use of this software has helped update our procedures so we can be more efficient and in sync with our customers and employees. We are able to record all procedures we have done and the history is right there for everyone to access and review. Once you have all your information there it makes processes run so much smoother which enables us to be better at our jobs saving us time and money, most of all keeping our customers taken care of with all their equipment information at our finger tips.

Pros

It has brought our company up-to-date with technology.

Cons

I'm not sure