OnTheClock.com

Cloud-based employee time clock app

4.8/5

Beth L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best Time-clock App!!!

Reviewed on 2019-12-04

Pros

This app does everything I need it to do and more! I chose this one over the others because it does a time sheet/stub I can include with my employees checks. It’s the perfect app for my cleaning business!!

Cons

I do not like that it is priced per user. As my business grows the price goes up for each new employee.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Beth,

Thank you for reviewing our time clock. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our pricing. We try our best to accommodate everyone's needs who uses our employee time tracking solution. Have a great day.

Mario P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Brilliant, easy to use, and fantastic customer support

Reviewed on 2021-02-26

It worked as hoped for right off the bat; and any time I had a question, I received a helpful answer right away.

Pros

Ease of use AND integration with QuickBooks Online

Cons

All features were what I needed; so I don't have any suggestions to offer at this time.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

Brief descriptions provided by alternatives made their offering(s) look complex.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Mario, we appreciate the generous review about our time tracking software. We are extremely happy to read how simple and easy our system is for you.

Have a great day,
-Tim, OnTheClock

Matt K.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Efficient and Complete

Reviewed on 2021-01-12

Overall it was exactly what I needed. The tools are very simple and easy to manage. The reporting is direct and to the point. It doesn't offer many thrills, but for the cost it's well worth the price.

Pros

The mobile platform gave a quick way to track the jobs with GPS and time stamps - VERY valuable as a contractor who travels to jobs all over. Keeping track of each client is a huge value for end of quarter reporting.

Cons

Wish they had a billing/invoicing component as part of their tool. It would be super if an invoice could be sent immediately to the client. If there IS this feature, I've not seen it yet! It does have to be connected to the Internet always for the tool to work fully... it would be nice if you could still check-in with GPS and have the software automatically add the stamp/clock track create the entry WHEN you get back online?

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Matt, thanks so much for your review and feedback. We appreciate the features requests and always pass these along to our developing team for future ideas.

Vivian W.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Reviewed on 2020-02-03

We had an employee who's attendance and time were in question. We decided to switch from our paper system to on online system where clocking in and out were required. This software did exactly what we needed it to.

Pros

The set up and daily use is very easy. We are a small company and didn't need a complicated system at this time. It also looks like it will be a good program as our company grows and hires more employees.

Cons

Sometimes as Administrator I need to over-ride the punches. It takes me a while to get it right. Could be just that I don't remember how to do it since its not an everyday thing.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Vivian!
We value your feedback and appreciate your review. If you ever need assistance with over-riding punches, please do not hesitate to contact us - we will be more than happy to assist you. Have a great day.

Jared L.

• Customer Support Software

Great cost-saving alternative to other time and attendance options

Reviewed on 2020-01-06

As a startup, I am leery of long-term contracts. This is a very nimble software.

Pros

Low cost and flexibility. Also, no long term contract.

Cons

New PTO years can sometimes be cumbersome to begin.

ADP TotalSource and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

No contract, low cost, flexibility.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the kind review and feedback, Jared. If you ever need assistance with the PTO feature then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day.

Sam D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Co-owner of the business

Reviewed on 2020-01-21

Very please with it's use and assistance when needed. We are a small company and we will grow and have more users.

Pros

It's easy to use and understand. If I have an issue just a phone call and it's easily resolved. This was
refereed to us by another company using this product.

Cons

I have found no real issues or complaints.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

Referred by another company and user of your product.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Sam! Thank you for such a kind review. We are grateful to have you as a user of OnTheClock's. Have a great day!

Charisse P.

• Customer Support Software

On the clock is easy for the employees to clock in/out.

Reviewed on 2017-07-04

Pros

Easy for the employees to use. They are able to see their hours worked without an issue. It is also easy for me to see who is in and not.

Cons

On the clock, need more options for reporting. I would like to be able to print in first name order, that is the order QuickBooks has the employees. It would be nice to be able to add the salary employees to keep track of vacation, sick and holiday. I wish there was a way to add holidays for all employees, not individually.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Charisse,

Thank you for the review :) You're right, we do need more reporting options and this is something that we would like to have available sooner than later.

-Salaried employees can track vacation, sick and holiday using OntheClock. They would do it the same way hourly employees do, except they would not punch in or out each day using the punch clock.

-The employer can add bulk pto using OntheClock PTO Menu -> Bulk PTO.

I hope this information was helpful. One of our customer support members will be reaching out to you soon to help assist you with these options.

Have a great day, OTC Team

Caroline B.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019-04-01

Pros

I have been using ontheclock.com for several years. This software is extremely user friendly for employees as well as bookkeepers. Their customer service through "chat" on their website is wonderful. There is always someone there to answer your questions and they can look at exactly what you are looking at to help answer any questions or solve any problem. It's very easy to add additional hours for employees or to adjust employee time if needed.

Cons

There really is not anything I don't like about the software. It has worked great for me and my employees.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Caroline,

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We are extremely happy to hear that our time clock system has benefited your company.

Sean H.
  • Industry: Warehousing

• Customer Support Software

Easy and an affordable way to track payroll

Reviewed on 2020-02-10

Extremely easy to use interface for both team members and management. Affordable but also offers web and app based options for team member punches.

Pros

OntheClock has been both a cost-effective and easy way to truck employee punches. We've been using the software for almost two years with no issues with the service, or employee use. The interface is simple, team members can easily view their punches and administratively the program is clear and concise.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind, we have had one or two 'Server' issues (?) Where a clock wouldn't register and we would have to go back and edit time cards. This may be a general internet, or usage issue though.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Sean, thank you for the great review.

Patricia F.

• Customer Support Software

I have been using OnTheClock.com for 10 years - and have instituted it in many clients office...

Reviewed on 2018-06-18

Easily accessible time information.

Pros

Easy to set up - implement. Easy for staff. Easy to access. Security lock down features makes it trustworthy.

Cons

Would like to force staff to change password more routinely. At some point when the staff get larger, the price can go from very affordable to questionable.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for the kind review. Regarding the price, our pricing per employee actually decreases with the more employees you add, so no worries there. Also, your employees do have the option to change their own password as long as you have this option turned on. How you can turn it on/off is go into the Employees tab, select the General Tab, and scroll down where it says Additional Options. You will see "Allow Changing Password" and you will have the option with a drop down box. Hope this helps :)

Emma Z.

• Customer Support Software

I love how convenient this software is for my employees to use and for me to access their data.

Reviewed on 2018-04-30

Pros

I like the ability to limit where my employees can sign in online. This allows me to make sure remote employees are actually at work when they clock in.

Cons

I would like to make it easier to get to the basic login screen for my employees. They often have to go to the more detailed home page first.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Emma,

Thank you for the kind review. Here is the link below that will take your employees directly to our employee punch site.

You can save it as a favorite on your browser.

Also, we offer a widget/button for you to install onto your website for easy employee punching. The instructional link on how to install this is below.

Hope this helps! Have a great day!

Janelle W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019-04-22

If a punch is missed, it is easy for me to go in and fix it on the website.

Pros

OnTheClock is super easy to use and provides my company with everything we need in a Time Clock. The employees can easily open a link on the computer desktop and clock in or out. Printing the time cards for payroll is also super easy and takes almost no time at all. I love that we use OnTheClock as our time clock of choice!

Cons

I don't like that the time cards must be saved to the computer before they can be printed.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Janelle! We appreciate your feedback and truly thank you for taking the time to review us! Have a wonderful day!

Nathan E.

Perfectly Simple

Reviewed on 2020-04-27

Does exactly what I need it to. I have crews at different location and on different jobs. They clock in, select the job, add notes as needed and clock out. Everything is organized for my books on the administrators end and extremely easy to navigate. The customer service is incredible and they have always been able to answer my questions whenever I call. If you want more out of your hour tracking and want to get more detailed with it, they can do that as well. However, for my purposes, I wanted simplicity, and this company offers an elegant solution for the whole spectrum of hours tracking needs.

Pros

Easy of use. You can setup what your employees see, set required fields, and not put an undue burden on your worker to learn a complicated system.

Cons

I would like to see a couple more report generating templates.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the great review, Nathan. We are very happy to read how our time clock is easy for you to use. We are always looking for ways to improve our reports, so thank you for your feedback.

Kristy D.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, can login anywhere, used for years will all employees

Reviewed on 2018-03-26

Pros

Easy to use, admin login is user friendly to make any adjustments or see past logins. Employees can sign in on phones and clock in from where they need to.

Cons

Occasionally the systems seems down and we have to wait a couple hours to login. Hat is all that we have issues with but not too bad.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Kristy,

Thank you for your feedback. We recommend checking your internet connection during the time you experience an issue being able to login. The vast majority of the time this issue is due to bad internet/data connection. I hope this helps. If you ever need help troubleshooting an issue, please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-753-5999

-OTC Team

Ina T.

I love OnTheClock

Reviewed on 2020-02-03

It helps a lot with punctuality. The team is making more efforts to arrive on time.

Pros

It makes it easy to track the time of my team and make sure that everyone is paid for all the hours they worked.

Cons

I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of the software. I think I just need to familiarize myself with all the functions before I can answer this question. So far I love everything about it.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Ina! Thank you for the review. Here is a link to some of our helpful videos that may help you get familiar with our functions. https://www.ontheclock.com/videos.aspx

Corine C.

Two Locations

Reviewed on 2019-01-07

We started with On the Clock because of the two locations we have and the difficulty I had collecting time cards at the end of the week. This program has solved that problem.

Pros

Having ON The Clock is very useful for our two locations. I can collect everyone's time in one easy location for doing payroll. So much better than waiting for an employee who is forgetful or gets busy before handing in their time.

Cons

No real cons. The program works as expected.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Corine,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our time clock system. Thank you for being a great customer.

OTC Team

Ed S.

• Customer Support Software

Get rid of time keeping , payroll tracking headaches!

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

OnTheClock.com was great! Easy to use, the whole staff and management loved it.

Pros

Accessible anywhere, easy to use, what else can you ask out employee time tracking software? OnTheClock.com made time tracking simple. We found the ease of use really enhanced participation and reduced errors.

Cons

The interfaces could use a little freshening up, but it's a small thing.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the kind review. We have great news! We are freshening up our interface and should be released within the next few weeks or so.

Have a great day,

Miguel T.

• Customer Support Software

Great for getting the work time of employees

Reviewed on 2019-02-02

Mostly employee payroll, along with hours worked and proper arrival-leave times.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, at a reasonable price, no contract needed; just pay the fee per employee and that's it. There is not really any special configuration needed to put it to work.

Cons

Not many options for administrators tho. For the final user it's really easy, but for admins, it lacks some features, but still, it's a great an easy option.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Miguel,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is highly-valued. Have a great day :)

Tamara L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used for 2+ years

OnTheClock Timekeeping Software review

Reviewed on 2019-08-13

Pros

This software was easy for both administration and the personnel to use. For administrators, you can set the punch parameters, run reports, easily make changes/corrections, audit time card changes, set/reset passwords and track punch in locations. Additionally, you can work it from any desired location.

Cons

The only drawback is if someone forgets to punch out you don't always know it until you see their hours are cut for that day. When you evaluate the final time cards for payroll, you must pick that up then or you could short someone.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Tamara, thank you for reviewing our time clock system. We do have the option available for you to set reminders to be sent to your employees telling them to not forget to punch in or out. This is a setting that we believe you may benefit from.

Monique B.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use, I love it.

Reviewed on 2017-12-04

It is easy to use, and the customer service.

Pros

It is very user friendly, affordable and that it is app friendly. The most key component for me is the GPS punch. I love this, because now I can track where my staff is punching in and out at. Almost forgot customer service is excellent.

Cons

The only complaint that I have is the time integration into quick books. I have tried it on several occasions but it don't seem to pick it up. Other than this I love OTC.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Monique,

We have our customer services team that can help with your QuickBooks integration. Please contact us and we will be more than happy to troubleshoot the issue with you. Thank you for the review and have a great day.

Janet R.

• Customer Support Software

We simply use this for payroll time cards and it works great. Great value for the price.

Reviewed on 2017-08-07

Easy time card use.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is to change or adjust things. I like being able to search the history and breakdown of different jobs.

Cons

When setting parameters for a search it changes it before all the parameters are set. Like if I want to look at one month of time for 1 employee I have to wait for it to change to the time or 1 employee before changing the rest. Also there is a box that pops up every time I have to click out of, that is annoying.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Janet,

Thank you for the review. Looks like you may be experiencing some difficulties with some settings. We are going to have a representative contact you asap so we can solve these issues for you.

-OTC Team

Miguel T.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to keep track of time

Reviewed on 2019-08-16

Very nice and easy to use, with very clear information to show to the user.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, with good features for managing, and good pricing. Very reliable

Cons

A bit complicated to configure, and somewhat restrictive in the customization side. Recent updates had improved this situation tho.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Miguel, thank you for the kind review and feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need assistance with your time clock customization. Our support team will be more than happy to help.

Katie R.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

• Customer Support Software

On The Clock is the perfect fit for our time clock and benefit time tracking and use.

Reviewed on 2017-08-22

Saves time, easy to use, and mobile access are my top three favorites!

Pros

The web based nature allows freedom of use where ever I am working from as the administrator. The ease of use for the staff is fantastic for saving training time. Any questions I have had have been answered immediately.

Cons

I have not been able to use the scheduling capacity of the program to fit my needs. I schedule multiple departments one month at a time and have not yet been able to see everything I need to see at once on the screen set up options. More a me thing than a you thing!

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the review and thank you for being a loyal customer of OnTheClock!

-OTC Team

Gena L.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Web Based Employee time clock

Reviewed on 2018-08-20

Has worked out well for my office. Keeping track of employees time and days off can be overwhelming - however, ontheclock management system is very helpful and enables me to spend less time keeping up with time off, and more time on daily operations

Pros

I like being able to set PTO and Vacation time, and manage it on line

Cons

That I am not able to print a calendar from the system so that I can see who is scheduled off PTO/Vacation
time during the month

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Gena,

Your review and feedback mean a lot to us! Thank you :)

Brian B.

On The Clock.com Review

Reviewed on 2021-03-08

I would strongly recommend On the Clock to other businesses. I can imagine this service working well for businesses of most sizes.

Pros

The software is affordable and easy to use. Anytime I've had a question I've always been able to get an answer quickly. In my experience the system has always been reliable and we've experienced virtually no down time.

Cons

The service has worked well. I'm looking forward to seeing the features as it evolves.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to review our time clock app. We are very happy to see how it's improving your operations.

-Tim, OnTheClock