OnTheClock.com

Cloud-based employee time clock app

4.7 /5 (466 reviews) Write a Review!

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Easy and reasonably priced

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

Using Quickbooks with the time clock information makes payroll take a couple of minutes, allowing me to get done quickly and correctly.
Employees like the ease of use, so they actually clock in and out!
The cost of the program has risen, but still well worth the time savings.

Pros

As an employer I wanted an easy to use time clock. This is and has been such an easy set up and managed program I could not recommend it more highly.
The ability to assign managers for other employees has made my payroll day so much easier, which is a big time saver, making payroll a breeze.

Cons

Printing options.
There is not a smooth way to print audit logs.
Having that additional report would be a great help for documentation of changes made after the fact.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Kevin,

We appreciate your feedback and review. Have a great day!

Jamie R.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

GPS does not always track

Reviewed on 2020-06-30

Everyone I talked to is great, I will give it a try. They told me GPS is a new feature and that they will continue to roll out features for it. I just wish it was much more transparent on how the employee controls the GPS.

Pros

The interface is great on the admin side. Our employees have liked the ease of use. The cost is really reasonable as well.

Cons

The biggest drawback and why I might switch back to TSheets is that the GPS is dependent on the employee. If they close the app out it stops tracking them. It defeats the purpose of having it to prevent time theft. I am not sure why it can't continue to run in the background as that is what TSheets does. If you create geofencing it only matters for punching in and out. If they leave it does not punch them out but continues to keep their time. The GPS feature is great but if the employees have the control over it, it defeats the purpose of having it.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for the honest and kind feedback. Our developing team is currently working on some new robust and detailed features that will be geared towards improving the items you mentioned. We would love to have you continue to grow with the OnTheClock family.

Have a great day,

Ashley A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Amazing Staff Member

Reviewed on 2019-06-02

Overall, I really like it. The staff love it too.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and use and how knowledgeable the staff is to the software.
One staff member in particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], helps me every time I have a question. He's quick to answer and also doesn't talk to you all robotic like I've seen in other chats from other companies.

Cons

I do wish that you could set the time card to be in minutes instead of decimals when fixing hours. It's difficult to see 7.45 and think it means 7 hours and 27 minutes rather than be 7 hours and 45 minutes.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Ashley, thank you for the kind review regarding our product and our customer support rep, Chris. We value your feedback :)

Dan K.

Simple, Yet Powerful

Reviewed on 2020-07-27

This software has allowed me to speed up the processing of payroll, and to administer payroll remotely from the job site.

Pros

The login for staff and administration is simple and quick. The amount of customization is incredible, and more and more features are added frequently. I appreciate being able to export to QuickBooks Payroll using OTC's free converter.

Cons

For the price and ease of use, On The Clock can't be beat!

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the great review, Dan. Have an awesome day!

-Tim G.

Justin N.

• Customer Support Software

OntheClock has revolutionized our business and helped us increase revenues!

Reviewed on 2019-08-23

10/10. Highly recommend! Skip the other apps and use OTC.

Pros

Prior to OTC, we were having employees manually log hours. This was not effective and very time consuming because we had no way to oversee that employees were being honest about their time logs.

We then tried out a few other applications, but they lacked essential functionality that we required. Then we tried OTC. It is a game changer! Our employees press 1 button on their phone to clock in and the same button to clock out. SIMPLE. The app also has GPS tracking, which shows us exactly where the employee is when they clock in and out. This ensures that they are being truthful about punches. The best part is that its completely free up to a certain number of employees. We're happy to pay for our 10 employees.

Cons

Our biggest issue was the User Interface for the admins. They recently overhauled it and now we love it. So no cons now.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest and detailed review. We are happy that you enjoy our new time clock user interface.

David S.
  • Industry: Furniture

My 2nd and last time clock system

Reviewed on 2020-01-06

With the Punch IN and OUT alerts I am able to monitor my jobs without logging into the clock system to see when people come and go.

Pros

1) Its user friendly.
2) As the admin and payroll reporting person, it simple for me to get the info I need to report the hours to payroll company.
3) If I need to edit employees times, I can do it in a few steps.
4) I really like that it will alert me when someone punches IN and OUT.

Cons

1) It would be nice if the system would not combine the total hours in a bi-weekly cycle. I like to look to see who is getting close to OT each week.
2) during my busy time I have to hire a staffing service. My employees start their week on Saturday. The Staffing Service starts their employees on Sunday. So I have to have 2 separate accounts to track their time. I wish I could combine the 2 accounts so I can see both at the same time. Not a huge deal.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello David,

Thank you for the great review. We recently released a new feature that alerts you when employees are approaching overtime. You can set this to alert you at a specific amount of time before they will hit OT. Here is a link for you to learn more: https://www.ontheclock.com/A-Time-Clock-With-Overtime-Alerts-.aspx

Louie F.
  • Industry: Printing

Absolute Amazing

Reviewed on 2017-08-28

It has allowed me to save so much time each two weeks with figuring out my payroll for my staff. Plus it has cut out the dishonesty of some employees, who would add time to their time cards, previous to this system.

Pros

I love that I was able to get rid of my paper time cards, employees cheating on their times when they would log in and out, and it keep track of the total hours for me, instead of me having to figure everything out every payday, I run one simple report and input that info into my payroll manager.

Cons

The only issues I have, that are the time accumulator that is supposed to help me track sick time, etc is not working correctly, however I have not attempted to contact tech support yet. Also the other thing is, we are in Arizona and we do not change times, but some of my employees show up in the reports and hour off from the other employees and we have been unable to get all of our staff on the same time zones, even though we have configured the settings correctly. Otherwise a great product.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the review! We will have a representative contact you so we can assist you with tracking your employee's sick time.

-OTC Team

Joseph S.

Want your time clock easier? - Read below

Reviewed on 2019-11-25

I like the fact that I don't have a paper trail.

Pros

Really easy way to keep your employees honest about their time clock, punching in/out. I love the GPS feature so that they aren't "clocking in" at home then driving to the office. Called BS on that once!
Also, they just whip out their phones once they get here to punch in/out, then they are finished.
For payroll. Just go to manage employees tab, select the time frame for payroll. Ours is every 2 weeks. Hours are automatically calculated. IF, there's something odd, I can look at each individual punch. For instance, someone forgot to punch out and was on the clock for 27 hours straight. Quick edit and back to honest hours.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a day to get a response back from customer service. But, that's a rare occasion. A real human typically answers right away.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for the great review and feedback. We hope that you never have to wait for a response. Our customer support team does their best to answer tickets as soon as possible. Thank you once again and have a great day!

Kevin K.

• Customer Support Software

Best clock station ever used

Reviewed on 2019-02-06

In the 8 years of using On The Clock it has only got better as improvements are made.
Price is the best for its money.
The ease of using the system saves time.
Tracking employees time has never been better.

Thank you On The Clock from the staff at Pierce Properties in Fayetteville Arkansas.

Pros

The ease of use for the employees and the use of a clock station in the shop.
Automatic time entered for salary employees.
Tracking of vacation, PTO.
Texted when employee clocks in or out.
Ease of editing time.
Audit log.
Payroll calculations.

Cons

On salary employee that are paid the same every 2 weeks regardless of hours they is no way to put pay rates in system unless you enter in hour rate rather than salary amount.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Kevin,

We can't express enough how thankful we are to have you as a customer for 8 years. Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for taking the time to review us.

-OTC Team

Shelly B.

Perfect for Keeping Track

Reviewed on 2019-05-13

Pros

I love this software because of it's ease of use. The mobile app is very simple. Our staff have no problems using it. I love the reporting. Very simple, yet has everything I need.

Cons

I would love to be able to manipulate the excel report I create. Right now the report includes all variables, even the ones that we have turned off. We use PTO only for sick, vacation, personal days. I have limited what our staff can choose when entering time to just the PTO, but when you print the excel sheet, all the choices are on the sheet. I can hide or delete the columns I don't use, but there's always a risk of deleting a column with time in it. I'd love for the excel sheet to match the variables I have allowed the staff to see.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Shelly,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and review.

Tammi O.

We use this for employees, entering hours daily and for tracking weekly hours.

Reviewed on 2018-03-12

Pros

Ease of entering hours for the employees and retrieving hours to send to payroll for me. Apparently I'm supposed to make something up to fill the space here... That's pretty ridiculous.

Cons

That PTO is automatically added to the pay hours when requested by email & approved. This has caused a lot of confusion in our organization. I'd like to see the ability to set a limit on hours that employees cannot go over. Vacation/PTO hour tracking is not easy from what I can find there. I end up tracking that on a spreadsheet, which is a pain as the employees cannot see that and it is not automated.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Tammi,

Sounds like you may need assistance with some of your time clock settings. Please give us a call at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for your review!

-OTC Team

Brad D.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

On The Clock-One Stop Time Tracking for Small Business

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

Love OnTheClock and recommend it to everyone looking for a simple, cheap and easy time clock solution.

Pros

This software is very easy to set up, use and customize. Anybody who uses paper time clocks needs to look at this software, it has saved me so much time with several clients. No more adding up time cards, time sheets and tracking down time reports!!!

Cons

Occasionally some employees have had issues with the mobile app not working quite right, but that may have been fixed as I haven't had any complaints for a long long time.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Brad,

We appreciate your feedback. We have done a few updates to our mobile app to fix some bugs - this may be why you have not received any complaints in a while. Hopefully this continues and we are very happy to read your comment.

-OTC Team

Ken P.
  • Industry: Automotive

OnTheClock

Reviewed on 2019-01-21

We are trying to organize specific jobs with the punches and the employees are not working with us.

Pros

Quick end of the pay period totals and exceptional pricing

Cons

Sometimes the ability for an employee to clock in outside of the building on an app makes me question integrity. Have not had any specific issues though.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Ken,

Thank you for the kind review. You are able to set mobile punching restrictions for your employees if mobile punching is a concern. Also, you have the ability to turn mobile punching off entirely and have them punch in and out by the use of a desktop or other methods that are inside your place of business. If you would like further assistance on this please contact us at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Have a great day and thanks once again,
-OTC Team

Katherine S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Makes Tracking Time So My Easier

Reviewed on 2019-08-29

Overall it's a great product. The prices is right. My contractors think it's easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, I can do scheduling of employees. Keep track of time for contractors and employees. My contractors or always in the field so the mobile app is easy to use to clock in or out.

Cons

We haven't figured out how to make changes to punches in and out times on the mobile app when someone forgets or need to adjust a punch.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Katherine, thank you for the awesome feedback and review. Please contact us at 888-753-5999 or email us at [email protected], and we will be more than happy to assist with the app punch time adjustments.

Thanks again,
OTC Team

Susan L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

This is perfect for our needs - it is a great value for a company with less than 5 employees.

Reviewed on 2018-05-29

Time saver and less need to research correct arrival/departure times.

Pros

I like being able to control the location of log in as employees were taking advantage when they were permitted to clock in/out from their phones. Great having ability to have holiday and vacation hours added and tracked automatically.

Cons

Would like a place to record individual notes regarding excused/unexcused absences or tardies, call offs and reasons provided for call offs.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Susan,

We appreciate the review! We do offer an option at the bottom of the time card entry to enter notes. If you need any assistance please contact us at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to show you how to do this :)

Have a great day,

Tammy L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Ontheclock software review

Reviewed on 2018-09-04

I love Ontheclock software. It is user friendly, and be utilized sitting on the beach, and the price is reasonable.

Pros

That it is Web based, that you can track where people are clocking in, that it is easy to onboard/offboard new employees

Cons

I find it harder to make a change to a punch or add a punch if the employee either forgot to punch in or forgot to punch in when they arrived. It seems to mess up the time card if there is no entry by the employee first.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the generous review. If you would like any assistance with adding punches to possibly make it easier and more convenient, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.

Have a great day :)

Julie P.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

After using several online time clocks, OTC is by far the easiest to use.

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

I have more time to do complete income producing work because I am not hunting down or having to add up time cards. We have two office locations, and this just makes my life so much easier.

Pros

Easy to set up, takes minutes. Love the clocking in/out process (you only have the option to clock in if you're not already clocked in, and you only have the option to clock out if you're not already clocked out.) Love the PTO feature and the ability to track earned and used time off. Best online time clock system we have used.

Cons

There are really no cons. Wouldn't mind seeing a warning when an employee forgets to punch out (an email sent to the supervisor when time "on the clock" exceeds a pre-determined length).

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Julie,
Wow! It's so nice to read that OnTheClock is able to help improve your production. Thank you for the review :)

-OTC Team

Luis M.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

• Customer Support Software

Best and most features for small office

Reviewed on 2020-01-20

Exceptional. Always easy to speak with someone that feels like a local friend helping you understand the features or configure something correctly. Not a BIG COMPANY feel!

Pros

Ease of use is great and the cost is minimal. I'm surprised it has so many features at the price point.

Cons

The GPS feature to avoid clocking in from afar does not work with enough precision to be useable.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Luis,
Thank you for the kind review. We are sorry to hear about the GPS issue. Oftentimes, when using a mobile device, it may need to be refreshed to access the accurate GPS location. Please contact us if you need any assistance.

Douglas N.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

Any time I call i get the answer I need.

Reviewed on 2017-07-17

It saves time and money organizing payroll information

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to check multiple locations with the ease of only one login. I employ a large number of employees 20 years old or younger and am constantly fixing missed check in times or forgotten check out times.

Cons

I have had issues logging in from smart phone. I have to rekey my password everytime. I dont have that issue when logging in from my desktop.

I tried the phone app and could not log in as administrator nearly as easily as from the website.

I wish there was a setting that I could set as an automatic logoff (or even better a zero out). This would help with employees that forget to log off and there shift continued adding up.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Douglas,

Our product developer will be contacting you so OnTheClock can help make the operation of the app more convenient to use. Thank you for your review! :-)

-OTC Team

Charla S.

• Customer Support Software

Great product and great cost

Reviewed on 2018-06-11

Ease of use for myself as well as my employees.

Pros

We have a small office with less than 20 employees and it does all that I need it to do as far as tracking the time, the PTO requests, holiday pay etc for my employees.

Cons

Would like easier reporting. It doesn't have the detail that I would like for each week of pay. We pay bi-weekly and I have to put in custom dates to check each week alone.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Charla,

We would be more than happy to explore the possibility of adding additional details for easier reporting. Thank you for your feedback!

-OTC Team

Jason E.

• Customer Support Software

A very easy to set up and easy to use time card software

Reviewed on 2017-10-18

Pros

Everyone can see their timesheets, punch-in as needed, but is not able to change their numbers. An administrator can make changes for them, in case someone forgot to punch in (but then the administration can verify it). Punch-ins are done on a computer, and you can check the time the punch was made, as well as the IP it was made from (so people can't punch out from home).

Cons

We weren't able to get the Quickbooks Online integration working correctly, however the numbers are still presented in a format where we can just copy and paste the values in. Still very useful.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Jason,

We appreciate your review. Thank you!

-OTC Team

Maci H.

• Customer Support Software

Clocking in and out made easy.

Reviewed on 2018-06-19

Pros

Very simple for day to day use but also easy to use to track and keep track of your work hours which allows our workers to monitor their own vacation/sick time. The app is also fantastic for our employees that work out in the field.

Cons

The only negative is that sometimes employees do not click and confirm clock out, leaving them clocked in which messes up their punches. But, the positive of that is that that error is easily corrected.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Maci,

We are so happy to hear that our time clock system is helping you and your employees track time. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Tracy M.

• Customer Support Software

Love how easy it is to use for both employees and employers.

Reviewed on 2018-04-11

Pros

I love the mobile app, which makes it easy to check in on employees and make corrections when needed.

Cons

I wish you could access custom dates to print out employees time clocks. Right now, you can only access three months at a time.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for the review. We do offer a custom time card range. If you need assistance please contact us and we will be more than happy to show you how this feature works :)

888-753-5999

Sherri C.

On The Clock

Reviewed on 2017-01-06

We use this software for our retail store, since 2013. It is an exception, no flaws, software. I have not experienced any downtime with the program and it is very user-friendly. I have only had reason to call customer service once - to replace my billing information - they were friendly, fast and eager to help.

Pros

Easy to use, always up and running, flawless, reasonably priced

Cons

None

Response from OnTheClock

Thank You Sherri! ~Dean

Melanie L.

Always accurate

Reviewed on 2018-08-10

It’s been so easy to use, no real complaints here, I definitely recommend this program!

Pros

This makes keeping times cards so efficient and simple, with 20+ employees it never gets overwhelming with how it’s set up.

Cons

I wish it had notifications that pop up when you log in if an employee forgot to clock out, some sort of notification pop up would make closing payroll out correctly a little easier.