Showing 1,920 reviews of 1,880

Showing 1,920 reviews of 1,880
Valeria P.

Justify the form and idea of task control

Reviewed on 2021-01-27

It has been the most recurrent software that we have used in the departments, this because we use it to order and structure a work plan that analyzes and projects in tune with the daily activities schedule. It has fostered organization throughout the company, we are aware of what we have to do day after day. It is a software widely used in organizations with very high workflows where the demand for user activities increases through the strong inclination of customers to create constant projects, organization presents these characteristics I recommend you to use PlanGrid.

Pros

I like it because I can achieve any kind of project activity to be done in a given time. The tasks have been done under a contrast of idealization of forms in the users with the necessary practices. I really like that the updates are made constantly.

Cons

I have no complaints regarding the product considered that it is executed and we have given it the necessary and positive rating it requires.

Georgia W.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Go to software for coordination

Reviewed on 2019-09-15

Pros

It is the universal software for coordinating across MEP/Structural/landscape/lighting reps, etc. The fact that you can export such a variety of file types makes it so much easier to communicate with consultants.

Cons

Tries to bight off more than it can chew, which can overcomplicate the coordination process. The price is steep but since they have a monopoly, the price also makes sense.

Billie C.

Not customer friendly!

Reviewed on 2020-06-02

PlanGrid is an arrogant, self centered company that refuses to be of help when asked. I have recorded complaints with the California BBB and the FTC.
They have a tactic of "BAIT AND SWITCH" when it comes to pricing. Sales rep will tell you one thing....and account mgrs. will tell you another.
STAY AWAY FROM THESE FOLKS, HORRIBLE BUSINESS!!!

Pros

That you can use it without contact with RUDE customer services reps!!

Cons

Customer service is unable to provide support and is RUDE when you do get a hold of someone!!

Bailey D.

Reviewed on 2021-02-05

It's fine, it works for our purposes, but is very confusing.

Pros

The only reason we use this software is to all be able to work in a model at the same time, and this was really the only option for our small firm.

Cons

The BIM 360 Document Management is very confusing to work in that I avoid it at all costs as much as possible. The only thing I do is add new projects to be able to sync Revit models to, and every time it takes 5x as long as it should because there's always some issue that comes up.

Lance W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I like the general structure of BIM 360 Field, but I have problems with specific functions.

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

It is great to track your punchlist and rolling completion issues. We did not use it for commissioning, but I would have liked to try it so we could link it to our 360 Glue Revit models. This looks like a very helpful option.

Pros

1). In the field, the iPad app is very easy to use, with the exceptions of a few small things.
2). It is especially easy for contractors to walk their Issues, take pictures, make comments, etc.
3). The print reports and schedule reports module is really helpful. There are many different report types and layout options, which is repeatedly useful.
4). It is easy to see any pertinent info in Issue list view, and print quickly from that page.
5). Customizing the different types of drop down Issue Filters for different users is very handy, and necessary. And it is very easy to sort and search for Issues using the filter module in Issue List view.
6). After I figured out how to contact tech support, it was certain that I would get a diligent response. I would say response time was always within 24 hours, unless I said it was urgent, and very through.

Cons

Here are common Problems our large team and I run into often:
1). The website commonly has a huge latency when loading new pages. And I mean typically 3-10 seconds, and occasionally 10-20 seconds to load a page.
2). More often than I would like, the Issue List column sorting feature at the top of each column on the website version just will not work.
3). Pinning an issue from the website version is not very intuitive, and takes you a completely different pathway to find the maps. This should be something that is easy to get to from the window of an open issue, just like the iPad app version.
4). Sometimes the syncing function has an error and you need to re-sync.
5). Not frequently, but few times more than I would have liked, the site would just not let people do things like change statuses, or on a couple of occasions even just open the site.
6). After walking in the field adding issues for a while, the iPad app will stop letting you load photos. You have to close and restart the app and you're good to go again.

Alan E.

Invaluable for BIM Coordination during the Construction and Design Processes

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

Typically BIM Coordination occurs at the design level and involves long periods of methodical planning and QAQC activities. My experience is that, while important, it doesn't matter what A/E designs when subcontractors are given means & methods in their contract and have their own layouts to design, submit, fabricate, and install.

Using BIM 360 Glue for construction activities has been amazing. The ability my subs have to constantly update their models within BIM 360 has allowed us to run continuous clash reports on the merged coordination model. In the fast-paced construction phase, it has been crucial to ensure that all trades are coordinated before they send their parts to shop in order to facilitate a smooth installation with minimal field changes. Limiting field changes helps us save money and time; that being said, BIM 360 Glue has already paid for itself.

Overall Quality: 5 stars due to its reputation and integration with Autodesk's line of products (Revit/CAD on the design-side, and Navis/BIM 360 Field on the construction side).

Ease of Use: 4 stars due to Friendy GUI, and familiar functionality from desktop to iPad. However, it's annoying to have to manually run clashes every time the merged model is updated (which can be daily). This is VERY time-consuming if you have multiple clash sets between disciplines.

Features and Functionality: 4 stars due to clunky clash detection (it's easier and more helpful to run clash detection with Navisworks). Everybody in the field is in LOVE with the iPad app, though. The 3D walkthroughs of the model with accelerometer and gyroscope sensor input are amazing. It's great walking through a site-in-progress with the client, and pull up BIM360 Glue on the iPad, drop a pin on your location in the floor plan, and give them a live 3D view of what space will look like.

Customer support: 5 stars Autodesk forums are the best.

Value: 5 stars, we pay our license fee and can add as many subcontractor users as needed. The saving in reduced field changes/mistakes has paid for the license ten-fold.

Pros

-iPad functionality
-Ease of model updating
-Ability to share with the client in an easy-to-grasp way

Cons

-Clunky clash detection
-Slow performance on legacy hardware
-Inability to auto-run clash detection

Bente B.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

It's allready good, but it has to get better

Reviewed on 2017-02-10

Great tools. Some are very usefull (BIM360Team) and in the perfekt pricing. Some should get more funktions to be helpfull (BIM360Docs) or only should learn from the other BIM Tools. So it's not possible to view Office-Files on BIM Docs and it allready works in BIM360Team. Allso I miss the upload and update funktion of complet folders. This was possible in the old version of Team. In BIMDocs there is only the oppotunity to upload files (no folder!). So it's hard to keep the lokal and cloud area on the same database.
To share files between different Cloud Tools isn't working. Therefore the BIM Docs area is made for. I know it, but at this time it's hard to handle it.

In the end I will thank you for all the help I get from support team. You do a great job.

Also, you should know, that I like the cloud-products. It's the only way to work in future and your products, with all of their mistakes, bugs and missing funktions, are the the top 5 in the world.

Thanks for your innovations!

Pros

Many, but the most importants are: View all Data online without download them, communication, easy to use

Cons

Still too much missing features!!!
Data lokal are not automaticly compare to the cloud and the pricing is not attraktiv for start working with the cloud. The first step should be cheap. When you place your data in the cloud, found out, that it's working fine, you mostly will not exit the system. But meanwhile you start use the system and try to invite some more, a high pricing will avoide to get the first step in the cloud. It will be helpfull that a small admin-team should be allowed to use it for free. Comercial users like worker, industrie, snd so on have to pay for it, after the admins arranged everything.

Craig W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

BIM 360 Works well and continues to improve.

Reviewed on 2017-01-31

I have been using the BIM 360 software on my large construction site (1+ B) for the last 9 months. We use it for our own punchlist tracking as well as tracking completion lists and punch lists created for us by others. We chose it over other options due to the ability to import out of other software programs directly into BIM 360 to add their reports into 1 location and then distribute to subcontractors and internally from there to fix deficiencies. It does the tracking, importing, markups of pictures and document viewing well and it suites our needs.

My biggest concern with the software is the interface needs improvement to be closer to a cell phone / icon based when using iPads in the field. The interface is not bad, but when working with skilled tradesmen who don't often utilize technology I find some of the software is confusing to some of them. A more icon-driven interface I believe would help that problem and allow some of these users to get more out of the software, and not be quite so intimidated. One of our biggest hurdles was simply getting them to use it as they were afraid they would "mess up the job". Once they understood where to go and how to use it they quickly became comfortable but I can understand that maybe not every company would spend the time. We ended up getting a class going for these users and writing a visual guide for the users to follow along with. After a few days, the guides were no longer needed.

Pros

Able to easily punch list and review all areas of our job site. Tracking and time stamping is fantastic for documenting the job site conditions and tracking days to close.

Cons

Software interface could use some work so that less tech savvy people can pick up the software faster and cut down on training time.

Christopher R.

PlanGrid 2018

Reviewed on 2018-11-08

Overall it is a great software.
The sales team and training team are great and professional.
The software engineers (Coders) don't follow up and it takes them forever to correct any issues with the software.
It almost seems like my voice is not being heard as many of my suggestions are to fix glitches in their software.

Pros

PlanGrid is a great software to keep your Plans and Documents organized.
Since implementing PlanGrid, we have had more clarity as to which set of plans are current, where we are with Submittals and RFI's, as well as many other items.
It is an amazing tool for field use and our superintendents have been able to learn quickly.

Cons

Many of the features are new, like RFI's, Daily Reports, Photos, and Submittals.
Because they are so new, there are a number of glitches.
When adding Pictures through the Photos tab or even in Daily Reports, they automatically re-orient themselves to end up sideways or upside down. Unfortunately once they are in, you cannot re-orient them properly.
Submittals could use a little work on organization.
We have had some complications on syncing when using tablets in the field, causing a loss of Daily Reports.
There seems to be a lack of consistency between the iOS, Android App, Windows App, and Web Based Version that should be addressed.
Workspaces has a lot of glitches, like you cannot delete or edit a file in documents, unless you are in the Windows App, then you can delete but not edit.

Hélvio henrique de c P.

Collaboration on the cloud BIM360 Design

Reviewed on 2019-01-16

We minimize the issues caused by different versions of the project. Now each of us is responsible to find solutions to solve the interferences in the project at the same time that we are developing the project. we can't use the excuse that I was working in a different version and I didn't see the interference. It was great!

Pros

It has been great to work simultaneously with our consultants for complement projects. It is amazing to see project development and to check the interferences between the disciplines and to have a better vision of the project to make decisions.

Cons

1 - We decided to work simultaneously just a single file on cloud and we had problems with objects been removed accidentally by other consultants. It would be awesome to have an option to don't allow that another discipline to erase objects in another workset.

2 - We had problems with software support from our provider, but we found another vendor who gave us wonderful support even though we had purchased the software with another provider. But because of this great treatment, when my consultants were looking for to buy the BIM360, I indicated to them this other provider and in our renewal of licenses, we will migrate to that provider who also gave us support and attention.

Justin S.

Plangrid is an exceptional field management asset

Reviewed on 2019-01-18

The fact that I do not have to carry around physical plans is fantastic. The ease of project task documentation is fast and simple. Customer service is the best that I have received, from any company in any industry.

Pros

The interface of the software is exceptional. Viewing everything from plans to specifications is simple and fast. The ability to integrate the plans with the submittals is very useful as flipping through multiple documents, files or folders is removed. Plan markups are simple, photo documentation of everything from deficiencies to just having documentation that things were performed correctly is incredibly useful and beneficial. Being able to see where and when a photo was taken is fantastic.

Cons

There really aren't any items that I can think of that I dislike. Perhaps the fact that administrators cannot modify reports. It would be nice to be able to continue reports that another team member has started, for instance during overnight concrete pours would be useful. It would also be beneficial as sometimes one team member may have forgotten something and editing prior to saving would be nice.

Brian K.

BIM360 Field Product Review by Brian Kendall

Reviewed on 2017-02-14

I use BIM360 for my commissioning projects and have found it to be very useful. For me, the best part of BIM360 is that its a project that contractors are already familiar with so it cuts down on the time typically spent explaining how to use our in house FTP site. Typically we take advantage of using the internal library where we are able to set up the folder structure to resemble our final report structure. This helps during the project closeout phase as all of the documentation we are required to assemble is located in the same place. We also use it for logging and tracking deficiencies discovered in the field during field observations and functional performance testing. We've been able to work with customer support to set up the proper structure setting up our corrective actuion report's. From the issue's page, contractors are able to log in and provide photo's & reponses to there noted item's making it quick and easy to verify the completion of each item.

Pros

I enjoy the file management section of the software as we structure our folder's to make the project closeout process more simple. Also the issues log has been more than helpful for tracking project deficiencies.

Cons

Unable to change the size of the company logo we added to input into the header of our corrective action logs, and sometimes when generating a report it cuts out some of the description text.

Jason H.

Have been using 360 Team and Collaborate and found it to be a great tool.

Reviewed on 2017-08-16

Pros

Flexibility to use wherever you are and the ability to share with others is a great benefit as it provides accessibility to others without the need to purchase software which they may not need or use every day.

Cons

1. BIM360 team does not have measure tool in 3D view.
2. Sheet views have text issues and also the pipework shown also in sheet view is blurry.
3. We have been useing glue but since autodesk have changed structure as to now being costed per used in lieu of previous project structure makes it inefficient as we have had priced at 10K for 2-20 users. Would like to use glue moving forward but see price increase is due to clash detection now being added to the cloud based glue features. We do our clash detection using navis manage and therefore do not need the clash detect within glue.

Tim M.

PlanGrid Review - APM

Reviewed on 2020-12-15

Excellent product. I use this software every day and recommend it to subcontractors all the time. Get rid of the old school hard copies of plans and use plangrid.

Pros

PlanGrid is by far the most used application by myself and team on a daily basis. I can't recommend it enough to other companies looking for something like this. It's extremely useful in managing large sets of drawings and managing documents for field staff on Construction Projects.

I use plangrid to review drawings and buy out scope over the original drawings/pdf's.

Cons

The web application isn't as user friendly as the app downloaded to the computer. I find myself using the computer app over accessing plangrid's website because it's harder to search for items within the drawings.

Douglas F.

Overall solid product with few minor changes that could make a major difference

Reviewed on 2017-04-18

I enjoy the ease of use and the dashboard that provides a customized and overall snapshot of the project. I believe it can really help us with our quality initiative that we are trying to establish. The accountability will be important and powerful as will the documenting of issues, pictures, checklists. I am not involved in purchasing so I do not know anything about cost or monetary figures. I would like to be able to have the option of seeing more than 5 titles at a time on the dashboard. For example: I can only see 5 different root causes at a time for comparison but I have over 15 root causes that have been determined. I would like a bigger picture. Also, I wish the reporting was more detailed. With a little extra work I can make a better display in MS Excel communicating more information. I like the daily reporting and checklist functions the best. There needs to be a way to delete an issue while filling out the checklist if an issue is created by accident rather than it flagging as an issue but really it was a mistake.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation. Support is quick to respond with help. Customizable dashboard options that provide a quick visual of past events.

Cons

Reporting seems weak. Task manager is clumsy. not being able to rid of issues while checklist is being actively populated.

David L.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

We have incorporated PlanGrid as a rescource

Reviewed on 2019-03-07

Business problems - common location of documents for everyone and most of the time you can be assured that you are looking at the most current version.

Very good experience, almost everyone can use PlanGrid on their iPAD and computer and get the information needed in a quick manner without having to type in a security number for every drawing that you need to review.

Pros

Reliable - quick - user friendly.
My group at Clayco is involved in construction work and commissioning. PlanGrid was touted by one of our staff who worked for another firm before coming to us. He even had his own account when he first joined us because he like PlanGrid that much.
I like PlanGrid for how I started this paragraph. It is easy to navigate whether sitting in the office or out in a building under construction.
Also like it because many of our subcontractors also have PlanGrid.

Cons

That we did not have it earlier.
Sometimes when we receive a notice that new drawings have been posted in PlanGrid, they are not always clear as to what drawings were updated - that may be our own problem and not PlanGrid.

Brad N.

Plangrid is a great program

Reviewed on 2020-02-18

Any changes to the plan can be uploaded right away so all that are on the system can see the changes. Makes our job easier and less time consuming.

Pros

It is very easy to come up with a deficiency list for our trades to work from. Once we distribute it along with photos the trades understand what they need to fix.

Cons

It would be nice if we could add trades to the user lists instead of having to print the list for the site guys.

Julianne B.

Amazingly User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019-04-12

My current project was the first where the Contractor and Architect on board and the punchlist has never been more efficient. The contractor did his thorough punch and then the architect did his and it saved me so much time having their items there on the plan easily visible. I also think it will save my contractor time not having to discern repeated items.

Pros

I love how user friendly PlanGrid is, from downloading sheets and having the software read the page names and numbers and then linking all call outs to their reference to the ability to document information in the field. PlanGrid is always improving and developing. There are so many functions that I haven't even discovered them all yet.

Cons

I wish you could order the sheets in a way that was other than alphabetical, that the user could choose the order. Being able to compare two sheets is so useful but it would be even better if you could compare more. I also wish there was a better way to issue the punchlist to subcontractors who do not use Plangrid. The excel sheet is missing the specific location of the issue and the full print out has ended up being hundred of pages.

• Used Other for 2+ years

The best way to work in Revit

Reviewed on 2019-09-13

All in all, Bim 360 is headed in the right direction when it comes to the projects of the future. The ability to collaborate with consultants in one model is astounding. Having had issues with the desktop versions of Revit in the past, BIM 360 offers a better way to 3D model.

Pros

-All consultants can update and post models in one place now instead of having to share, download, and re-upload models manually
-BIM 360 has great admin features to control who has access to what projects and how much access they have
-Rendering with Revit is much easier with Bim 360
-Using Bim 360 frees up space on our servers and reduces lag time for syncing Revit models.
-Can access projects through the desktop shortcut or the web
-You do not have to be on a specific server to access projects

Cons

-The homepage/interface is a little bit confusing to navigate at first
-It is a relatively new product for our office so finding support for glitches/bugs can be a challenge (though the folks we work with are always willing to help)

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019-04-16

Pros

What I like most about this software is that once you have it all set up, and you download their program, it is very easy to use on their desktop application. It makes shifting through sheets very easy, and you are allowed to make markups as necessary, with the option to delete them (if you were just using them to clarify something in meetings). I also love that you are allowed to import personnel from previous projects which is convenient when many of the same people will be added.

Cons

Their web version could use a bit of work as I dreaded using plangrid on the web. Whenever you selected the wrong page you would have to go back through all the sheets to find the correct one. Yes, you can search them up as well, but when flipping through pages it was hard if you needed to look for a specific page and had to scroll through the sheets (instead of when hitting the back button it takes you to the area you were before, similar to what happens on the application program.

Kenan C.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

This has filled the gap in having a basic CDE across project professionals

Reviewed on 2018-05-04

Ease of use. Limited time spent waiting for documents to "send" or "upload". Adding external parties who are first time users isn't really a problem as they can start with a trial version and test it for themselves.

Pros

The interface is relatively well laid out. The operation is light weight and easy to use allowing me to move quickly through to the documents uploaded. Uploads are fast

Cons

Occasionally certain uploaded documents aren't readable. When downloading multiple selected files I would prefer that BIM 360 don't waste time zipping before downloading. It should be an option for limited bandwitdh users, but it tends to waste time. Setting restrictions to some custom made folders would be ideal, sort of a lightweight control version of document manager.

Matt M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

360 Field has been an extremely helpful tool in coordinating between the field and the...

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

We have used this software faithfully for the past 3 years and have plans to expand it's use further in the company. It has helped us communicate issues quickly and efficiently to subcontractors, as well as increase the quality of our projects through the use of quality control checklists completed by the project team, as well as subcontractors.

Pros

It has helped immensely with the punch list process and has sped up communication between all required parties. It is also very helpful to have all the drawings and documents in one convenient location in the app on the iPad.

Cons

I wish the software had better markup features. Some of the competitors software is a little more user friendly and has more options for marking up documents and adding hyperlinks.

Morgan F.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

PlanGrid is the obvious choice!

Reviewed on 2019-04-13

Like most construction firms, TD was struggling with getting current information and documents out to our field. Once we started using PlanGrid, that’s not something we even think a lot about anymore because we know it’s happening and our field leaders do too. We have changed the way we use PlanGrid as it has grown and we’ve seen process improvement internally and our efficiency with key documentation tasks has increased significantly.

Pros

The ease of use. Deployment in the field is much easier because PlanGrid is just so easy to use.

Cons

There’s not any thing I like least about PlanGrid, it really is fantastic. The folks at PlanGrid work hard to constantly improve their product and stay on top of the needs of their customer.

Lindsey D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

BIM 360 field is a great way to daily communicate the status of issues on a construction...

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

I was able to run a construction project smoothly.

Pros

The ability to automate reports to trade partners, owners, and internal project team. This is a huge help in efficiency and is one less thing to do on a daily basis. The ability to take photos and have them categorized by dates and saved for reference is great!

Cons

The slow detail of adding items. It would be helpful to turn off or on drop down on an issue, so that you could only see 3-6 fields to fill in. This would allow creating issues to be done more efficiently without having to scroll down on the issue form to get to a fill in field. (example: being able to shut off the "location detail" as we didn't use that for description)