MasterControl Quality Excellence Reviews

4.5/5

Emmanuel
Emmanuel

• Customer Support Software

Great eQMS for regulated industries.

Reviewed on 2023-10-17

Quality Excellence has been core to our culture of quality.

Quality Excellence has been core to our culture of quality.

Pros

Ease of use and integration with products.

Cons

Out of the box solutions may be hard for end users to adopt.

Dot Compliance

Cost and integration

Integration with Mx
Lutz
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

7 successful years with MasterControl

Reviewed on 2023-08-31

We have been using MasterControl since 2016 and since then we have NEVER received an Audit finding (neither by our ~global customers, nor any regulatory body like DQS, district government or even FDA).I feel secure and relaxed, knowing our quality documents are in a secure, validated system that I can access from anywhere, and that they sit in a system even our customers and the regulators themselves are utilizing!As a Pharma/MedTech logistics company, an electronic QMS system is a necessity and we are looking forward to utilizing more innovations with our imminent move to the MasterControl Cloud, especially because of the very promising AQEM solution!

Pros

Document Collaborations, Deviation/CAPA forms, training structure (Course/Exam/JobCodes/Trainee) is excellent

Cons

Too many bugs in necessary utilities like Action Items and Extension Requests, Management of Change module not up to our quality standards, Jreports are very user unfriendly

OpenText Documentum D2

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

MasterControl was much cheaper than the others and offered a comprehensive "all in one" solution that we needed
Casey
  • Industry: Cosmetics

MasterControl

Reviewed on 2024-01-22

Pros

Documents Module: Control of access to documentation and linked training.
Process: Reports for analyzing trends in Quality Events.

Cons

It's hard to learn how to use. You cannot find content online and have to rely on MasterControl's resources which increases the cost.

Jeremy

MasterControl

Reviewed on 2023-08-31

Frustrating more than anything, primarily relating the cons listed. I inherited the system in a state that would have worked well on a small scale during initial adoption, but was completely unmanageable at scale. After years of cleanup, it's working better for us, but the system still leaves much to be desired, and after 5+ years of using it 5 days/week, I can tell you not a day has gone by that we don't experience a bug. Fortunately, they're rarely critical. As stated in the cons, it gets a passable performance, though it could be easily improved if they took the time to do so.

Pros

The best feature of MasterControl as a whole is the process module. Process module allows custom electronic form development and allows custom routing for those forms. While it can be improved, it's a great tool, and in my opinion, MasterControl and most customers are not realizing its potential, but we do. 80% of our records are generated in the process module.

Cons

There are a number of factors that all seem to coalesce to create a system that can easily become unmanageable. Those are poor documentation related to best practices that isn't easy to find or well communicated by MasterControl, lackluster support, and an already confusing user platform with a generally poor user experience. There are number of small improvements that could be made that would greatly improve user experience, but MasterControl rarely seems to develop enhancements. I've used several versions over the years, and in most cases, the user experience got worse, not better. Providing clearer/more readily accessible documentation, better support and recommendations for admins during initial setup, and making some small quality of life changes would really go a long way. With that said, that software meets all baseline requirements in satisfactory way.

Armando

MC Review

Reviewed on 2023-11-27

Pros

Less human errors/corrections due to legibility. unable to misplace a document/record, like you would paper records.

Cons

does not have a hard stop, when a step fails and or is out of specifications. it would allow the user to continue and complete the job.

Anita

Keep Your Business in Control with MasterControl

Reviewed on 2023-08-31

We are able to keep all of our manufacturing and quality documents under document control. Training is easier to manage and track. We can keep track of our suppliers, necessary internal and external audits, change controls, complaints, investigations, CAPAs, OOS, calibrations, etc. We use MasterControl for as much as possible and have leveraged their tools to digitize many paper processes. During audits, the MasterControl system presents very nicely.

Pros

The seamless integration between the Documents and Training modules, and the willingness of MasterControl to listen to the users and continue improving the product.

Cons

Performing administrative corrections (e.g. fixing typos) on approved documents can be a little challenging.

Reasons for Choosing MasterControl Quality Excellence

Our previous system was not validated and could not keep up the needs or our growing company.

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Lower price, and if the FDA uses MasterControl, we knew it would be good enough for us.
sharon
  • Industry: Research

With A Quality Eye

Reviewed on 2020-05-13

It maybe confusing at first but once you understand how all the modules work and how you can adapt it to meet your needs it's great.

Pros

All documentation is in one place and excellent traceability. Electronic signatures reduces paper and time gathering wet signatures.

Cons

The system does require daily administration which needs to be recognised by business owner. The audit module isn't user friendly and could do with some improvements.

Reasons for Choosing MasterControl Quality Excellence

Needed to be regulatory compliant

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

MasterControl offered a one stop shop with the various modules and reporting process.
Phyllis

A complete eQMS system

Reviewed on 2023-10-18

Pros

It's relatively easy to setup and use. The MasterControl team really listens.

Cons

It is expensive, but on par with other systems. Still waiting for a validation module.

Mark

• Customer Support Software

Qx is beginning to revolutionize our QMS

Reviewed on 2023-09-06

Pros

Document control, change control, and review workflows are among the biggest challenges facing our organization. MasterControl provides the means to apply industry best-practices, and excellent control and compliance, with intuitive, out-of-the box solutions. MasterControl Qx also integrates with MasterControl's Mx (Manufacturing Execution) system, a critical reason we chose it.

Cons

Onboarding has been challenging. This is not a flaw in MasterControl, but rather a feature: Connections, workflows, training, responsibilities, review cycles ... all have to be specified in detail. We didn't necessarily have all the information arranged in such a way as to make its entry into MasterControl 'easy'. However, once put together, the MasterControl system is far superior to its antecedent.

Greenlight Guru

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Integration with Mx was a huge factor. We want fewer integration requirements. Also, MasterControl really understands businesses like ours.
Shaun
  • Industry: Chemicals

Solves problems

Reviewed on 2023-10-18

MasterControl solves a lot of problems for us but it’s difficult to sell to our employees

Pros

QMS required training verification and retention

Cons

The difficulty in transitioning to new upgrades.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Purchased through our sister company at first
Richard

• Customer Support Software

One of the best value for your money

Reviewed on 2023-03-21

Master Control has revolutionized the amount a single document controller can process. Prior to implementation there was a massive backlog of ECNs, now it rare to see an ECN take more than a day or two. I'm no longer going from desk to desk searching for documents.

Pros

Master Control automates a lot of our processes that were manual and paper based. Routing ECN/DCN have been a breeze within the software compared to how we manually did it in the past. The automation has allowed our company to process more changes at a faster rate which has made our customers very happy.

Cons

The only set back is not being able to fully customize everything to my liking. It's rather small and has not caused any significant issues, it's more of a personal preference.

Infor Learning Management System (LMS)

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Master Control was by far the easiest to use and had the most scalability for our business.
Ed

MasterControl Works

Reviewed on 2022-10-25

Overall experience with Qx has been excellent. Implementing most of the quality event forms had been relatively easy and end users have expressed having a good experience using the system.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use for end users. It is also set up to be easy for admins as well.

Cons

The only con is that some of the features aren’t configurable for admins, so there are a lot of workarounds needed.

Veeva QualityOne EQMS

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Feedback from other customers who used MC recommend it.
Jared

• Customer Support Software

MasterControl is a very good QMS solution

Reviewed on 2022-11-21

Overall, I'm very satisfied with MasterControl

Overall, I'm very satisfied with MasterControl

Pros

MasterControl is easy to use and has great functionality

Cons

Some functions are not as straight forward as they could be, and somewhat counter-intuitive

Kassandra

Water Solution Quality

Reviewed on 2023-10-18

Wonderful! My success team is the best!

Wonderful! My success team is the best!

Pros

I like the ease of use and functionality across all departments in the organization.

Cons

It is a bit complex it set up. There is a lot of flexibility and some of the naming conventions confuse my team.

Brenda

• Customer Support Software

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!

Reviewed on 2020-12-17

I have been working with MasterControl since 2/2011, v9.3. I cannot say enough about the support I have received over the years - you have an excellent team and I am grateful to them for all of their help. The support team goes above and beyond.

I have found that more than 90% of this application to be user friendly and easy to navigate. And as I mentioned earlier, MasterControl continues to evolve and it just keeps getting better.

Pros

MasterControl is always evolving. I am so excited to learn that Power Bi will be embedded as Insights into MasterControl. The combination of these two products will make your users reporting experience so manageable.

I love that our user voices are heard, even for the small things like adding the copy feature to user profiles.

Cons

We are on 2018.3, so not on the cloud yet. I am working to better manage our upgrades.

I was disappointed when the dashboard feature was taken away. And jReports is totally not user friendly. I use it but the rest of my users just turn up their nose and ask me to create reports for them. Because of this struggle I have been creating reports in Power BI.

Matthew

MasterControl Quality Excellence

Reviewed on 2023-10-18

Overall, my experience with MasterControl has been very positive. From the product to the overwhelming customer support, if we don't have what we need it is probably because we don't understand or know about all the capabilities or haven't implemented a module yet.

Pros

We currently use docs and training and having all of that automated has been super helpful. Tracking metrics around training and docs has been much easier with data that can be downloaded at any time. Time spent chasing down training has been significantly reduced and has made the quality team more effective overall.

Cons

With the modules we currently use, I wish classes worked a little better. They are a bit difficult to set up and don't seem to integrate well with employee calendars, so extra invites are sent outside of MasterControl.

Donna

Master Control Quality Excellence is a compliance gem

Reviewed on 2023-09-08

My overall experience has been great and the support team always has a live person to speak to for any questions or problems you run across.

Pros

I've been working with Master Control for over 20 years as a end user. I've seen the product and services grow over the past 2 decades. It is a robust software that allows me to centrally control all Quality Management System activities. When faced with a regulatory body audit, we are able to quickly retrieve documentation and satisfy the requests. I have been complimented on how easy the system is adaptable to our companies needs as we grow.

Cons

The only con would be Master Control has recently been modulating costs, so my advice is to be sure you are asking for explanation of what is and what is not covered when requesting a service.

Macky

Mdxhealth review

We love the system and is supporting our growth

We love the system and is supporting our growth

Pros

Integration of all the modules - easy and usable

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, we are very happy about the product

Veeva CRM

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Support all functions of quality
Cindy

MC review

Reviewed on 2023-10-17

Pros

Going through integration now. Team is very helpful.

Cons

Going through the integration now. Nothing to report on least.

Currently using the system
William

• Customer Support Software

MasterControl Qx is a great tool for compliance in documents management

Reviewed on 2023-10-17

Pros

Integration into other hubs in MasterControl

Cons

Some of the confirmations can have better data sharing and reporting.

Integration
Clayton
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Enough for any regulated industry

Reviewed on 2021-03-31

MasterControl provided us everything we need for employee training. Use of paper records is not only impossible to control with a growing facility, it is a regulatory risk. The software is easy to use and definitely worth it. I can't speak to the report management side of it but I imagine it gets the job done as well based on what I have seen for training.

Pros

Plenty of features available, including CCM, CAPA, NCR and more. We mainly use it for management of employee training. Previously, we used a paper based training system. MasterControl is easy to use from a management side and the user end. Our employees got it right away and it worked like a charm at our facility. When new trainings are ready, they immediately get assigned.

Cons

Navigation can be a bit difficult. There are some features we would like removed just for ease of use for our employees, especially new employees. These are very minor criticisms and ultimately it does exactly what we want it to do.

Michael

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2022-10-25

Pros

I don’t have to think about my EDMS. The system features assure compliance and efficiency.

Cons

Training features are frustrating in the sense that documents are inaccessible to users who have not completed a training task.

Lori

Great quality solution

Reviewed on 2022-10-25

Pros

Scalability for a global organization with frequent acquisitions

Cons

License per module per user but have since switched to Qx Complete

TrackWise and SmartSolve

Reasons for Choosing MasterControl Quality Excellence

One system for one company

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Complete package with eBR and price
Kristin

• Customer Support Software

A great company with an even better product.

Reviewed on 2019-02-04

Pros

There are so many different options you can choose to utilize to whatever best fits your company's needs. It's also great, because the different products can "communicate" with one another to pull information from one area to another. It saves our company so much time. Not to mention every time we have implemented a new product, it has been such a great experience. I know sometimes it can be stressful, but MC does such a great job at making the process as easy as possible. I truly can't say enough great things about the software of the company.

Cons

This isn't necessarily a software issue, we are hopefully upgrading to the cloud and we will have the new reporting system that we don't have now.

Michael
  • Industry: Tobacco

Mission Critical Quality Excellence

Reviewed on 2021-01-15

It has really helped us solve many issues with quality control and compliance. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to move to the top tier of quality for their product.

Pros

This software is a complete solution with more modules you can add being built all the time. It is cloud based and does more than any in house solution could be built to do for the same price. The support team is very responsive in accepting our suggestions for improvements.

Cons

Even though there is a lot of support, it can be time consuming and very labor intensive to integrate the many pieces needed to implement the entire solution. It is a bargain but still very pricey for a small company and this will eventually limit its market.