4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Matthew

• Customer Support Software

Great software and reasonable pricing

Reviewed on 10/26/2022

I have been extremely satisfied with almost every aspect of MasterControl since my first exposure to it in 2009!

Pros

Once learned, the interface is quite intuitive and understandable, even internationally. As with all software, it is never perfect in all ways, but MasterControl is laser focused on constant product improvement and innogeering excellence.

Cons

Sometimes new user acceptance is difficult, depending on their level of frequent use. But the more they ate exposed to it, the faster they learn and the flatter the learning curve.

Justin

Feature Rich and Compliant eQMS

Reviewed on 11/23/2022

Like many MC users, we started with doc control and training. This allows us to technologically link the two processes together. New revision to an SOP? Training automatedly is sent to users. Want to ensure training is complete before release? MC can delay the release until a specified amount of training is completed. MC also provides QEM solutions which can further support all other aspects of the QMS.

Pros

MC provides a solid framework for any QMS. You are able to adapt any process into MC with minimal modification. MC is also a fully integrated platform and nothing in the software works in isolation. Training, document control, QEM; all of it works together.

Cons

MasterControl isn't intuitive. There is a lot of training that needs to go into its use, especially if the person is doing more than just accessing SOP and performing training. However, MC does provide A LOT of training resources which takes some of the burden off of admins.

Susan
  • Used for 2+ years

Most unintuitive software I've ever been forced to use

Reviewed on 9/30/2020

There are company-wide jokes about "Master Control Hell". At least it lets us bond in our commiseration.

Pros

Umm... that's really hard to say. Pretty colors, I guess.

Cons

Navigation is difficult.
"Help" is convoluted - no easy way to find answers. For example, I wanted to know where my task disappeared to after I clicked Launch. Could not find an answer.
App stalls very often with back button.
I could go on, but I'm tired. I've been trying to navigate Master Control for the last 3 hours.

Response from MasterControl

We are sorry to hear that you were having trouble navigating the MasterControl product. We understand how important the user experience is, and work diligently to bring the best possible features to our latest product version. We would love to work with you directly to see how we can improve your MasterControl experience. If this is of interest to you, please contact us at [email protected]

Aubrey

Increased compliance and efficiency

Reviewed on 11/18/2022

The overall experience has been great. The pros much outweigh the cons. We are looking forward to MasterControl expanding features even more and learning how to better use our existing ones.

Pros

Document control has been the most impactful. We are not losing documents, manually tracking them down, and can now approve from anywhere. Our compliance has dramatically improved and also our efficiency.

Cons

There are still some gaps in features to make a quality system entirely paperless. We are not able to transition logs over because they don't entirely fit anywhere. FBS forms do not have the functionality we are looking for. We use Mx a lot as fillible forms for things such as donor screening and QC testing where more calculations and documentation are required.Configuration can be difficult depending on who the consultant is. You get a broad range and a different experience with each different person, some more pleasant experiences than others.

Michael

Excellent product

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

Pros

I don’t have to think about my EDMS. The system features assure compliance and efficiency.

Cons

Training features are frustrating in the sense that documents are inaccessible to users who have not completed a training task.

Lori

Great quality solution

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

Pros

Scalability for a global organization with frequent acquisitions

Cons

License per module per user but have since switched to Qx Complete

TrackWise and SmartSolve

Reasons for Choosing MasterControl Quality Excellence

One system for one company

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Complete package with eBR and price
Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Good but needs more enhancements

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

My experience is OK, although I do hate the "certify signature" feature. I think that being a subadmin should give a single user enough permission to change a password. Is it possible to add a feature to allow end users to reset password from the login page? I also hear from end users that it is difficult to navigate (not intuitive).

Pros

Document management is great. I like that you can see the revision history from the infocard.

Cons

Reports need improvement -- Wish there was a feature to build a report from scratch. Navigation could be improved -- add ability to customize view, add recently viewed for all infocard types. Add audit trails for all infocards and workflows.

Marianne

Great eQMS !

Excellent

Pros

Interconnected quality systems for full QMS management

Cons

The time needed to implement new modules

TrackWise

Reasons for Switching to MasterControl Quality Excellence

Breadth of quality systems for connectivity
Ashlee
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

Pros

It’s been a pleasure working with MasterControl and I look forward working with them in the future to upgrade our services.

Cons

The searching can be difficult at times but MasterControl is making great improvements and I look forward to using the organizing feature.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Excellent system to maintain accreditation

Reviewed on 10/26/2022

Pros

The document module is very user friendly and allows for an unlimited amount of document storage.

Cons

Search ability is clunky and difficult. Some end users are not familiar with the system and struggle to find documents they need.

Brenda

• Customer Support Software

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!

Reviewed on 12/17/2020

I have been working with MasterControl since 2/2011, v9.3. I cannot say enough about the support I have received over the years - you have an excellent team and I am grateful to them for all of their help. The support team goes above and beyond.

I have found that more than 90% of this application to be user friendly and easy to navigate. And as I mentioned earlier, MasterControl continues to evolve and it just keeps getting better.

Pros

MasterControl is always evolving. I am so excited to learn that Power Bi will be embedded as Insights into MasterControl. The combination of these two products will make your users reporting experience so manageable.

I love that our user voices are heard, even for the small things like adding the copy feature to user profiles.

Cons

We are on 2018.3, so not on the cloud yet. I am working to better manage our upgrades.

I was disappointed when the dashboard feature was taken away. And jReports is totally not user friendly. I use it but the rest of my users just turn up their nose and ask me to create reports for them. Because of this struggle I have been creating reports in Power BI.

Clayton
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Enough for any regulated industry

Reviewed on 3/31/2021

MasterControl provided us everything we need for employee training. Use of paper records is not only impossible to control with a growing facility, it is a regulatory risk. The software is easy to use and definitely worth it. I can't speak to the report management side of it but I imagine it gets the job done as well based on what I have seen for training.

Pros

Plenty of features available, including CCM, CAPA, NCR and more. We mainly use it for management of employee training. Previously, we used a paper based training system. MasterControl is easy to use from a management side and the user end. Our employees got it right away and it worked like a charm at our facility. When new trainings are ready, they immediately get assigned.

Cons

Navigation can be a bit difficult. There are some features we would like removed just for ease of use for our employees, especially new employees. These are very minor criticisms and ultimately it does exactly what we want it to do.

Michael
  • Industry: Tobacco
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Mission Critical Quality Excellence

Reviewed on 1/15/2021

It has really helped us solve many issues with quality control and compliance. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to move to the top tier of quality for their product.

Pros

This software is a complete solution with more modules you can add being built all the time. It is cloud based and does more than any in house solution could be built to do for the same price. The support team is very responsive in accepting our suggestions for improvements.

Cons

Even though there is a lot of support, it can be time consuming and very labor intensive to integrate the many pieces needed to implement the entire solution. It is a bargain but still very pricey for a small company and this will eventually limit its market.

Eli

Qms

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

Very good customer service for any issues.

Pros

One eco system, training and now the ability to do insights.

Cons

It's starting to look dated. Searches and results are limited.

Kathy

• Customer Support Software

Don't know how we got along without it!

Reviewed on 12/17/2020

At AcelRx we went from a paper based system to MasterControl and there is no comparison! Definitely made things so much better to keep control of documents.

Pros

Being able to have all our documents in one place is great. Launching DCO packets is so easy. Being able to log into MasterControl from anywhere makes collaboration easy for anyone to do especially since we have been working from home.

Also having control of your documents and signature manifests from DCOs help to streamline audits.

I also have to say that MasterControl has been the easiest system to help keep all users training up to date and on time.

Cons

with all the updates and upgrades the cons I had have been improved

John

Daily User and Admin

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

Pros

Ability to move documents along and track status in a simplistic manner

Cons

Limitations, can be clunky having to add things multiple places multiple times

Mari

• Customer Support Software

MasterControl is the Best!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

Pros

I have been a MasterControl SysAdmin for 7 years. I have seen so many enhancements to the software over the years and always excited for where the future of MastetControl. is going.

Cons

Every company utilizes MasterControl to best fit business needs. As a customer there may be some features that I would like to see added but it may not benefit other companies. Through MasterControl’s Hackathon event, MasterControl customers can collaboratively make suggestions for systems enhancements that can be executed by the developers in 48 hours. It is amazing to see this done.

Alecia

MasterControl Fan

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Overall, implementing MasterControl has increased what we can do as a company. We've freed up time and resources to focus on business matters as opposed to the housekeeping tasks that take up so much of everyone's time. MasterControl is constantly working on improvements and that give our company great confidence that this will be a long lasting relationship.

Pros

MasterControl has brought many improvements to our company including transparency and efficiency, two things that are near impossible with a paper system. We continuously find benefits and ways improve our use of the system and look forward to implementing more modules.

Cons

As a reporting nerd, I would like some more freedom / options with reports. I understand that large, involved reports can slow down processes for everyone on the cloud, but it would still be nice to have some more freedom or even a way to do reporting outside of the system.

Kirsten

Very Useful Tip

Reviewed on 12/17/2020

Absolutely love using MasterControl. We did have a different filing document system but this works so much better.

Pros

I love how organized the software is and how easy it is to find documents.

Cons

We have documents numbered as such LLL-LLL-L-NNNN and won't pull up if typed in the top navigational bar.

Andrea

Comprehensive QMS

Reviewed on 11/25/2022

Pros

MasterControl provides many modules to enable an all encompassing QMS to be put in place in one single system. This helps with streamlining from the potential use of multiple electronic systems as well as provide efficiencies with bringing all these processes in an electronic format compared to manual.

Cons

MasterControl's JReports system is not the most intuitive in order to pull data for reporting.

Luz

QMS central

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

It has been overall positive. Anytime I have been stuck I was able to reach out and get support from the friendly MC staff.

Pros

I like that the QMS is centrally located and the system meets all my compliance needs.

Cons

I with the data retrieval we’re more integrated. Extracting data can be compartmentalized depending on what I am extracting and consolidating to something useful can be time consuming.

Anil

The Best Software for Document Management

Reviewed on 2/9/2021

The document and Training management is excellent and easy to configure, deploy and implement.

Pros

The Collaboration is the best part of document module and workflow customization is simple and easy and any given document.

Cons

The cost of the software for is bit too expensive, specially with the user license. The cost of customer support is high.

Colby

MasterControl

Reviewed on 3/22/2022

Pros

The software has a slight learning curve, but once you get used to the environment the ease of use for daily activities is great.

Cons

I dislike the cloud based solution, which is reliant on AWS servers. The price is a little steep for what is offered, but this is offset with incredible customer support

Patricia

Quality at the source

Reviewed on 10/25/2022

Pros

The ability to process documents with revision history in an existing info card is amazing. Moving from a completely paper based system with a digital tracking tool for all documents is innovative.

Cons

I do not like being able to add users onto a collaboration after they complete abd quit

Selena

Review of Qx

Reviewed on 10/26/2022

The Qx experience was amazing, wish the search function can be more easy to use or all relevant search can show up.The report function isn’t too intuitive as well

Pros

I like the system interface and ability to link different info cards together

Cons

It’s hard to navigate within the search option, not all relevant info card show up