Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

4.9/5

Virginia (GeGe)
Virginia (GeGe)

• Customer Support Software

Product delivers what I needed it to deliver, and the customer service staff has been stellar!

Reviewed on 2018-01-25

I no longer have to chase down checks and make deposits at the bank! Complete online process now for renting from us.

Pros

I like the fact that once the initial setup is complete, there is very little time required from me on a day-to-day basis. The color-coded facility grid provides a nice visual for potential customers, and there are so many options prompted during set-up which was helpful for me, a first-time small storage facility owner. The price is fair for the service provided, and this company has a fantastic team of support staff. I have worn them out with questions during the start-up phase (newbie to the industry).

Cons

There were a few confusing things during start-up- something regarding photos of our facility versus stock photos showing up on the website... I had not thought to go into an additional template to remove stock photos, and other minor template things I had trouble navigating, but the customer service staff walked me through how to adjust settings.

Margaret

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

I like Easey Storage Solutions overall, there just needs to be some more flexibility.

Pros

The ease of use and finding customers in database

Cons

Editing new rentals, if I make a mistake I have to move customer out then start over with new rental. I should be able to move Prorating options when renting. We use the 3rd option and my part time help can't seem to remember to use third option on drop down. I wish I could move that option to top of drop down. Because of that it causes problems with prorating when I have to change due date to first of month.

Hope
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Easy Storage Solutions, not so easy

Reviewed on 2019-05-15

It's been a rough ride but finally getting the hang of it. Also ESS is constantly improving, taking advice from their customers.

Pros

The thing that I like most about Easy Storage Solutions is the layout of the software is fairly easy to read, legible. Also, I like to the customer service is team is knowledgeable. They are there to help solve problems.

Cons

The least thing that I like about Easy Storage Solutions is that their customer service is only available Monday-Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 MST Saturday: Closed Sunday: Closed. I'm located in California. Also, something else I dislike is when making notes under individual notes, you have to make sure to click on create note or it they do not save, and notes can be deleted, once saved,(forever) by anyone.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hello Hope!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate knowing what we are doing well and how we can improve. We wouldn't be where we are without the valuable feedback each of our customers provide!

Thanks again!

Donnie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Easy to learn and use daily

Reviewed on 2023-06-07

A great tool for storage businesses

A great tool for storage businesses

Pros

The straight forward way the program works

Cons

We should be able to automate a transfer regardless of how long a customer has rented.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and customer support is top notch.

Reviewed on 2023-06-21

Love the capabilities of the program for our use.

Love the capabilities of the program for our use.

Pros

How easy it is to input clients, track payments and balances, change settings in the software. It's so easy to navigate and train new employees how to use it. Adding new facilities and studios is fast and efficient. Anytime I have any questions or issues, customer service always resolves our issues.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little frustrating about the M-F hours but that's ok. Would love to be able to run revenue reports for all facilities.

Janice L

• Customer Support Software

Our review of this product

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

We have used Easy Storage Solutions since we opened and have not had any need to consider a different software . Have recommended it to other storage unit facilities.

Pros

What we like most about this product is that it makes managing a Storage Facility from a distance possible. Everything you need is at your fingertips, for both manager and customers. Customers find it easy to access.

Cons

Like everything in this world, I wish it was free....cost is worth the peace of mind and it surely makes the process easier.

Patrick

• Customer Support Software

Like having a facility manager, only better

Reviewed on 2023-06-22

Great and great customer service. We deal with other software products in the hardware industry, and this software is the most user friendly and customer service oriented of any I have worked with.

Pros

Accessibility at office or remotely, auto pay, professionalism and integrity in the product. It has literally reduced my workload by 80 %

Cons

Not having it sooner! Very satisfied. We had two other systems and this is light years ahead.

Charlotte

Eagle Storage reviews ESS

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

One of the biggest benefits for our small business is the ability to text and track customer communication.

Pros

Intergrating our established business to ESS was a seamless and smooth transition. When I need help, I appreciate being able to pick up the phone and speak with a person immediately. Staff seem knowledgeable in all areas of ESS software.

Cons

Sometimes, the website moves slow. It usually fixes itself within the hour.

Jarod

Great Product

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

Pros

Easy to use and great features. Highly recommend

Cons

Transaction fees are high for credit cards.

storEDGE Management Software
Carrie

Very Happy, Long-time Customer

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

I've been working with Easy Storage Solutions for 8 years and have had a great experience overall. The customer service reps are great. We can get quick answers without the runaround.

Pros

I love the portability. I can access the account anywhere. Tenants can purchase units and make account changes easily.

Cons

Payment processing can be problematic as it's in batches.

GEORGE

EASE OF USE

Reviewed on 2017-03-23

CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS THE BACKBONE OF THIS SOFTWARE. I'M A 60 YEAR OLD MANAGER WHO IS NOT VERY TECH SAVVY.EVERY TIME I HAD A QUESTION I WAS TREATED VERY WELL, NOT LIKE A CHILD AND KNOW MATTER HOW LONG IT TOOK THE STAFF WERE VERY PATIENT TILL I FIGURED IT OUT. IN THAT REGARD KRISTEN IS THE ONE WHO BASICALLY TAUGHT ME THE INS AND OUTS OF THE SOFTWARE AND HELPED ME OUT THE MOST. SHE CALMED ME DOWN AND LED ME THROUGH THE PROCESS TO WHERE I'M VERY PROFICIENT TO THE POINT I CAN HELP OTHER MANAGERS IN OUR COMPANY. WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER THAT WE ARE WITH EASY STORAGE SOLUTIONS. GEORGE

Pros

EASE OF USE LIKE THE TITLE AND ESPECIALLY CUSTOMER SUPPORT. WE HAD AN OLD DOS SYSTEM AND IT WAS LIKE GOING FROM A SKATEBOARD TO A LEAR JET IN AN INSTANT. THE SPEED OF THE SYSTEM IS WONDERFUL AND THE REPORTS DO IT ALL.

Cons

UNFORTUNATELY WE CHARGE THE FIRST MONTHS RENT AND PRO RATE THE SECOND MONTH WHICH ALLOWS EVERYONE TO PAY ON THE FIRST OF THE MONTH THERE AFTER AND THERE ARE A FEW GLITCHES IN THE SOFTWARE THAT I THINK THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED BUT ALL IN ALL WE ARE ABLE TO WORK IT OUT.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

We allow this same prorating method in the software. This is located under the "Setup" tab under "settings" there is a prorating drop down box with the option of "bill for first full month, Prorated 2nd month billed now." there is even another option for "bill for the first full month, and Prorate the second month billed later". So we're not quite sure what "glitches" are being referred to, however, we would love to help offer more training through a call to our support team.

Nikoletta

• Customer Support Software

Super grateful I found EZ Storage! BEST (and cheapest!) for small-mid properties.

Reviewed on 2018-01-23

Made it super easy for me to take over the management of 3 RV Storage lots. Saves us time since more than 1/2 our customers now pay automatically, with a low flat-rate Card option. Excellent support when needed (which isn't often since it is so easy to use). Beautifully simple program reduces stress in my life (which takes more skill to create than the over-complex, clunky programs!).

Pros

Easy to learn... beautifully SIMPLE! Always fast support... super friendly people & they really respond to suggestions--the program keeps improving. I especially love the check 'batch' deposits, with our smaller business we don't need to close out each day, can just batch the payments at our convenience. Super easy low flat fee for Card payments, more than 1/2 our customers now pay automatically (awesome). Letters are easy to create & customize, and it's easy to email letters, reminders, & receipts. We now only print & mail Liens, saving time & paper. I've used other programs and found them complicated & visually too 'busy', this one earns its name of Easy.

Cons

I would design some reports a little differently, to put more data on a single page. That's about it.

• Customer Support Software

Great for my customers, but not quite there yet for me (still learning).

Reviewed on 2018-01-23

ESS has made my customers happier with dealing online with us. It keeps my customers on my website and the customer support here at least listens and considers potential upgrades and helps work through any challenges in a friendly way.

Pros

ESS makes things so much easier for my customers. They love the ease of paying online and I like that they never leave my website to do it. I like the ability to send texts to my customers. The customer support team really works hard to help when there is a problem and they are usually very quick to respond!

Cons

The QuickBooks integration for desk top users doesn't work well for me. I'd prefer to be able to download iff. files that have been linked with my various QB accounts that will help me to track and categorize individually, security deposits paid, security deposit refunds, sales tax, retail sales, insurance, insurance fees rent, and fees. As it stands now I have to make monthly GL entries for each of these where I didn't need to with my prior software. I don't like the multiple payment buttons in the payment screen. They are confusing to me and my customers. When trying to pre pay a customer with multiple units and one check I have to enter the payment multiple times, this again make added work for me. Auto payment texts, I discovered the hard way, are not good as they come at crazy hours that woke up several of my customers (I wish I had known this before it happened). I'm in Texas and like to use the TSSA rental agreement, but it's so frustrating they should really let folks know the system does not work well with Blue Moon. If you decide to continue with TSSA contracts and Blue Moon you will be doubling your workload.

Jay

• Customer Support Software

Overall I've had a 5-Star experience with Easy Storage Solutions.

Reviewed on 2017-12-28

I recommend Easy Storage Solutions for small operators who want a flexible, easy to use management platform that is mobile, cost effective but has excellent customer support.

Pros

The features that distinguish ESS for my needs are the competitive pricing for small facilities, the full automation of leases and rental payments, and the fully web-based platform. The fully web-based software means I can perform all functions using any Internet-connected device. In fact, I do almost everything on my smart phone. With the previous, more expensive product, I could do so some things on my mobile devices, but many functions required me to be at my computer. Since my faculties are unmanned and I'm always on the move, having everything available on my phone is essential.

Cons

There are some limitations to the software I would like to see improved. For example, if I make a mistake and fail to credit the customer for their security deposit upon move out, there is nobqay to correct that mistake in the financial records. Fortunately they are eager for input from customers about needed improvements (moreso than the larger company I was with before). They make improvements regularly without creating a need to re-learn the software.

Kelly

Disappointing

Reviewed on 2018-07-14

I do not recommend this company. However, it is slightly better than our previous home-grown system.

Pros

The map of units is the best feature and is very useful. The system has a lot of functionality, although we don't use much of it.

Cons

The invoices are confusing to clients. When I signed up, they specified that I could export my data at any time. This turned out to be untrue - I have since asked for my data and they do not make it available, making it difficult to change providers. They frequently make unwanted and poorly planned updates to the functionality (one update basically reset our external-facing website with no prior notice, but luckily I don't use the external facing website because the user interface is not very user-friendly and I am embarrassed to give clients access to it). You can only use one credit card processor.

Della

• Customer Support Software

Easy, Like Their Name Suggests...

Reviewed on 2016-09-20

Basically simple to set up and simple to use. The only issue was the building of our facility map because it is difficult to control the sizes and shapes of every individual unit.

Pros

Easy Storage Solutions is easy to set up and it is easy to navigate around the software to find the task you wish to perform. It is convenient in that there are multiple ways to access specific tasks, such as taking a payment. The software doesn't log off the user when inactive for a period of time. We find this useful when you have customers who are in a hurry and the software is ready to go. There is no shortage of support; by phone, by email or a link through the software where you can perform a search or chat online with someone from ESS. It has a basic look, which is great because it's not distracting. It is not overwhelming to use because of large amounts of instructions you have to read first before you can accomplish anything. We were quite impressed that we received an online rental customer 40 minutes after activating our online presence!

Cons

It was difficult to build our facility map and not make it look like I had a few cocktails too many during the building process. It is not something I feel proud enough to put on our website. I know there is a mapping tool out there that enables your facility to build a map that looks more professional.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thanks for the review, Della! If you want to reach out to us, we would love to help you with your sitemap and any other concerns you might have!

Christine

• Customer Support Software

Easy Storage makes my work easier.

Reviewed on 2019-05-01

Adding their integrated gate soft-ware has saved hours of work for me in locking out tenants and then unlocking them. I can open and close the gates from any computer or my cellphone so I no-longer have to go to the property in the middle of the night to tend to them. It has made my life easier in a dozen ways and my customers love the added keypads.

Pros

This software is SO user friendly, I can train my employees to use it in an hour or less. I get quick service if I have problems or issues. They worked with me to ad features to the software to meet specific needs I had. I have service better than I have received from most other vendors I deal with. I can contact them by phone, email, or through the website.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about the software or the support I receive.

Lori

Just As the Name Says

Reviewed on 2019-01-28

LOVE IT! Love the people that we get to work with if a problem arises. They're ALWAYS friendly and courteous and THEY answer the phone no waiting on hold forever!!! So much appreciate that!! That right there is THE MAIN reason we chose to do business with them!! Great Company!!

Pros

Everything! The ease of use, the design is simple and easy to follow, I love having it automatically backing up and being able to access it anywhere, it's perfect for a startup, small or large company! It does all that's necessary not a lot of bells and whistles just right to the point functions!

Cons

The accounting part of it takes a minute to figure out what you're seeing, would love for it to indicate on the receipts to the customer what month they're paid up to!

Jeff

Easy Storage Solutions has simplified my operations

Reviewed on 2022-06-30

Overall my experience with Easy Storage Solutions has been very positive. When I first setup the account the tech support was extremely helpful and I have experienced that same great customer service ever since. My overall operations have been streamlined by using the software from renting units to billing and communications.

Pros

What I like most about Easy Storage Solutions is the automation of my operations. I like the fact that my customers can go to my website and rent the units without my assistance.

Cons

I have multiple locations and I wish the software would be easier to switch between locations and a phone app would be helpful too.

Kelly

Easy Storage Review

Reviewed on 2023-06-21

Excellent. I wish it was reasonable to use for our acquisition of six more facilities.

Pros

Software is very intuitive. After struggling with a different software for two months, I switched to ESS. I was up online within 2 days!

Cons

Necessity to have a computer online for gate access controls. Secondly, software is not scalable to add many facilities.

Neil

• Customer Support Software

Easy Storage Solutions is truly "Easy" to use!

Reviewed on 2022-06-30

The software has been easy to use including updates since 2013 when our software was installed. As a one person operation, this software has enabled me to ensure productive billing cycles on our current 200+ customer base for 250 storage units,

Pros

Drop down menu system is easy to use. Notification system through emails makes tracking due dates and tasks simple. Most tasks are automated or can be easily customized to ensure timely task completion.

Cons

System works more efficiently when connected to hard line internet via CAT5 cable vs. Wifi. A few payments in the past were lost or doubled while transferring payments in system.

Melissa
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and customer service very responsive

Reviewed on 2023-06-07

Pros

Easy Storage Solutions takes the headache out of managing a storage unit facility. The software is easy to use and when needed, customer service is friendly and very responsive.

Cons

The only thing that I have discovered that I would like to use (and maybe it is available, i just haven't found it) is the ability to send a text message to all tenants.

• Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Set it and forget it technology

Reviewed on 2018-01-29

Pros

Once set up, the software requires very little effort to keep the site updated and working. Making changes to information is simple, and while we don't use all the functionality, none of the tools we don't use get in the way of using the ones we do use. The support is also fantastic - rarely does it take more than a single 15 minute call or quick email to have our issues resolved.

Cons

I could use a more customizable reporting format instead of using the predefined reports. We often have to merge the data from a couple reports into a single report to create the picture we need, but don't expect they could build reports for every business format, so a simple data export tool that allows user selection would save us a little time. Pretty minor though...

Diana

• Customer Support Software

Best thing I ever did. It makes my life so much easier.

Reviewed on 2018-01-29

I can do thing with this software in minutes that used to take me hours.

I can do thing with this software in minutes that used to take me hours.

Pros

That I get to use it. So much easier than doing it all by hand. They have lots of support when it comes to using the software. Not only do they have a link that takes you to all sorts of questions and answers....but if I can't figure it out, they are so willing to fix it for me.

Cons

When I want to do a promotions....they can't get them by renting online. They have to call to get the promotion manually.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hey Diana, Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate your kind words. We will be rolling out a way to do online promotions in the near future. Great Suggestion!

reg

user friendly, great support

easy to organize and control customers

easy to organize and control customers

Pros

easy to follow the billing , user friendly, easy for customers to use, fast return of payments good reports

Cons

does not reverse taxes when you credit an account. you cannot call on dates for reports. cannot pick out a number of invoices to pay , if they are not in order.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hey Reg, thank you so much for your review, we appreciate it a ton! most reports have the ability to call back on certain dates, help us know what info you need an we can see if we can figure it out. We also are working on a feature to have the ability to pick out specific invoices to pay. Again thanks for you review we appreciate your feedback!