4.8/5
Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Virginia (GeGe)

• Customer Support Software

Product delivers what I needed it to deliver, and the customer service staff has been stellar!

Reviewed on 1/25/2018

I no longer have to chase down checks and make deposits at the bank! Complete online process now for renting from us.

Pros

I like the fact that once the initial setup is complete, there is very little time required from me on a day-to-day basis. The color-coded facility grid provides a nice visual for potential customers, and there are so many options prompted during set-up which was helpful for me, a first-time small storage facility owner. The price is fair for the service provided, and this company has a fantastic team of support staff. I have worn them out with questions during the start-up phase (newbie to the industry).

Cons

There were a few confusing things during start-up- something regarding photos of our facility versus stock photos showing up on the website... I had not thought to go into an additional template to remove stock photos, and other minor template things I had trouble navigating, but the customer service staff walked me through how to adjust settings.

Ben

Great Software

Reviewed on 7/5/2022

I am very happy with the software. Installation could have been better (more guidance). The software is very effective once in place and I would highly recommend. The support staff is also great.

Pros

I like the software does nearly everything i need it to do to manage my business

Cons

I wish it had a mobile app to manage remotely without having to use a browser.

Kelly

Disappointing

Reviewed on 7/14/2018

I do not recommend this company. However, it is slightly better than our previous home-grown system.

Pros

The map of units is the best feature and is very useful. The system has a lot of functionality, although we don't use much of it.

Cons

The invoices are confusing to clients. When I signed up, they specified that I could export my data at any time. This turned out to be untrue - I have since asked for my data and they do not make it available, making it difficult to change providers. They frequently make unwanted and poorly planned updates to the functionality (one update basically reset our external-facing website with no prior notice, but luckily I don't use the external facing website because the user interface is not very user-friendly and I am embarrassed to give clients access to it). You can only use one credit card processor.

Murray

Got to have it

Reviewed on 7/13/2022

I really don't know how I would manage my RV and self storage business without ESS. The program manages everything from site layout to billing to keeping up with payments, non payments ,and monthly statements. I can find out everything that's going on with my rentals with a click. I highly recommend.

Pros

Online payments and auto billing. My business is open 24/7 and so is ESS.

Cons

A little to complicated for someone with computer navigation skills like me, but I manage.

Stephen

Self storage software

Reviewed on 7/8/2022

This product is awesome. It has made our business just about self running.

Pros

Ease of billing and client tracking makes this software our key to success.

Cons

Adding units can be a little confusing at times

Sandy

Easy Storage Solutions

Reviewed on 7/12/2022

Good

Pros

I researched several companies before selecting Easy Storage Solutions. It was easy to set up and the customer service has been good. I recently sold my business and they were using Easy Storage Solutions, so the changeover went smoothly

Cons

All data did not transfer to multiple pages

Tyler

• Customer Support Software

Easy Storage Solutions is one of the best decisions I have made in managing my business

Reviewed on 7/11/2022

Pros

Online leasing/customer support and payment processing

Cons

Restrictions to website copy. New CC processor reports/QB interface

Karen

Simplified our business

Reviewed on 7/8/2022

This software allowed our small business to accept debit/credit/ACH payments online. A real game changer for us. Easy to set up and operate.

Pros

Simplified my data collection and record keeping especially with electronic lease signing. No more paper files! Let’s me deal with customers individually or in mass with a few clicks.

Cons

Notifications button at bottom of customer’s page so have to scroll to get there. Wish there was a duplicate Notification button on top of page.

Tony
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Blue Wolf Storage

Reviewed on 7/5/2022

Overall, very happy with the software and the company’s customer service.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. Customer service is on point.

Cons

The cost for credit card processing is a bit heavy.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Renfroe mini storage

Reviewed on 6/30/2022

Very pleased.

Pros

Very easy to use from anywhere. If I forget my iPad I can just use my phone

Cons

I would like the ability to send custom mass texts to all customers

Laura

Easy Storage Solutions Review

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

I chose Easy Storage Solutions because of their intuitive and evolving software. When the software can't do something-they try to figure out an alternative way to solve the problem until it can (like the Spanish translation).
The customer service is amazing. I care about my tenants ease of payment and use of the website. I answer all my own tenant calls 7 days a week because I care about their experience. I have called an emailed Easy Storage Solutions many, many times as I am using the software and they always respond either immediately or within a few hours with a solution. I have only experienced considerate, professional customer service. I have never had a customer service person act annoyed to help me or make me feel foolish for asking a question about using the software.

Pros

The software feels very intuitive. I like that I can find a solution to a problem quickly in a few different ways. I can search a customer by name, or unit. I can run a variety of reports to find information I need instantly. I love the notifications for each customer. I use that often to see what emails, notices, receipts were sent and I use the custom template feature to create my own notices. It's great to be able to print those letters in pdf and mail to tenants that may have missed my emails.

Cons

The only problems I have found is that to send a custom template to a customer I need to go off their page to create it first and then go back to their page to choose letters and find that template. I usually just open to tabs with my website but it would be easier to create emails/letters specific to a customer on their customer profile page.
My second problem is that the payment section is not available in Spanish yet. The customer service team put in a translater and created a Spanish page for me so we are very close to my goal of offering this to my tenants, but it will be great if the software could have a full Spanish option in the future.

Robin

• Customer Support Software

I have an 82 unit storage facility and found Easy Storage Solutions during a Google search.

Reviewed on 1/27/2018

It was very easy to set up and work with. I like that it sends out notifications with invoice information and lockout notices automatically. I can log into my account from my phone and view customer profiles and even make payments and set up new customers. It has several report features that help with keeping track of customer payments, lock outs, late payments, collections and financial information including deposit slips and much more. Customers can rent and pay online, they can even place themselves on a waiting list and I will be notified via text message and e-mail. For a few extra dollars a month they keep my Google ranking up so I appear on the first page of a storage search in my area. They designed and manage any changes I want to make to my webpage. Over all it is a very good product for the price.

Pros

I don't have much of a profit margin and they were very reasonably priced. It is the first facility I have owned and they were willing to answer questions about rentals that didn't even pertain to the software. They are always easy to get a hold of when I have a question or concern.

Cons

The software does not allow me to keep track of my expenses and does not integrate well with other bookkeeping software. It also keeps recurring billing going after move out if you don't go in and manually turn it off. Why would it bill on an archived customer who is no longer renting a unit. I feel like all of that should automatically stop once the tenant moves out and is archived.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hi Robin! Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it! Please give us a call when you have some time and we can help you resolve the recurring billing issue! As for Quickbooks we are working on this as well!

Mark

Best thing I ever done

Reviewed on 11/23/2016

I have owned and ran a small self storage facility (110 units) for about 9 years. I had always done my bookkeeping and billing with a simple computer based software program and excel spreadsheets. I had a paypal button on my web page that would allow tenants to pay online and then I would manually enter payments to my software and spread sheets. This was time consuming and confusing to anyone else trying to log data.

I decided I wanted to upgrade to a internet based and through a self storage forum discovered Easy Storage Solution. The price was very reasonable and it was what I was looking for. Being "hands on" I had a lot of questions about how their website worked and the interaction with the credit card processor. Luke done a great job of explaining and calming my fears of something new. Everything was clearly spelled out and I bit the bullet and signed up.

In a matter of a day or so Easy Storage Solution had my site up and running. They transferred my domain and had my webpage running very quickly. The tutorials helped me enter my data and customers in no time flat. I was even able to edit my web page with their easy to use online access.
Kristen helped me set things up and she is very attentive to me as a customer.
After using this online based management site I don't know how I got along with out it. I has cut my time to 1/10 of what I was spending before. I like that since its internet based, two or more people can be logged in at one time; (one entering a deposit and maybe one adding customers) It works very good on mobile devices, which the tenants like. The tenants have great access to their payment history.
Great product and great people to deal with!
I highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to use, online based, capability to have multiple access it at one time, great interface with credit card vendor.

Cons

Dont back up to my computer

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thanks for the review Mark! Because we have all that data backed up on multiple secured servers we've tried to take that headache away from the storage owner to always be worried about losing your data. Instead we take the headache for you and save the time to do constant backups.

Gary

Excellent Value, Great Support and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 4/25/2019

When I came they had 3x5 cards, yellow pads, preprinted contracts and a rolladex. Every sign up was an effort and the reporting and monthly collections and lockouts were not consistent. When we implemented the software we saw immediate results. we went from 65-70 occupancy to 95-100%. Our policies on collections, lockout, unit disposal and rental was improved to near perfection. very happy with our results.

Pros

It is a very intuitive software. I am a software engineer and I can safely say that I understand the difference between easy to understand and "you need to be a geek"
Another great benefit is the support. Like all software there are issues that even I cannot solve. One call and they take over the drivers seat and fix it every time. Great service.

Cons

I really like everything about it but if I have to make a comment I would say that they could work on making it more customizable in its reports and outputs. Its good now but it could be better.

David

• Customer Support Software

Good experience overall , not happy with the monthly cost rising from $34 to $59 however.

Reviewed on 1/26/2018

As listed in my pro comments

Pros

Customers can help themselves and make payments,
This gave back much time spent accepting payments. Ability to take credit card or customer able to pay with credit cards. But it is very expensive and adds up over a year.

Cons

My General web page is dull and uninviting and some photos need to be changed. Recent software changes did nothing to make working the software glide. Rather its an all over the page to up and down side to side mouse search party to use the software. Can't see half the page due to layout. Bookkeeping also does not have the diversity of reports available that I need. Printing copies or pages, reports, or customer demands of records is also tedious.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hello David! We can help you change your pictures and make your site a little bit more exciting! Feel free to give us a call! Thanks!

Christine

• Customer Support Software

Easy Storage makes my work easier.

Reviewed on 5/1/2019

Adding their integrated gate soft-ware has saved hours of work for me in locking out tenants and then unlocking them. I can open and close the gates from any computer or my cellphone so I no-longer have to go to the property in the middle of the night to tend to them. It has made my life easier in a dozen ways and my customers love the added keypads.

Pros

This software is SO user friendly, I can train my employees to use it in an hour or less. I get quick service if I have problems or issues. They worked with me to ad features to the software to meet specific needs I had. I have service better than I have received from most other vendors I deal with. I can contact them by phone, email, or through the website.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about the software or the support I receive.

Terry

Very Positive Review for Storage Unit Software

Reviewed on 3/4/2017

We purchased this software about two years ago to help operate our storage company that has over 100 units. As we have several other companies, two of which are over 30 years old, we have had our share of software to either help run the actual company or to run our many pieces of equipment within the various companies.
Although I have never given a recommendation about any software we purchased, I feel it is appropriate to say that this software has been absolutely perfect and that it works way beyond what we were expecting.
One last comment. My staff has made a couple of minor recommendation to the software staff and they made the adjustments while on the phone.

Pros

Very powerful program.
Very reasonable cost.
Called three times in the past with questions and questions were answered immediately.
They must never sleep.

Cons

No cons whatsoever.

Teresa

Fantastic Improvement

Reviewed on 3/7/2014

We bought this storage facility last year from my Father in Law. It was run on spread sheets and peachtree with a completely separate program for the gate. It was ridiculous. Once a month everything had to be turned over to the CPA to balance the books. (The costs of the CPA were upwards of $1000. a year if you include taxes) I was spending at least 20 hours a week on paperwork alone. Then there was the billing, it was a nightmare, to say the least, that would take 2 days to complete and was Never right.

We did not take plastic, either so besides all the people who just walked away (lost sales) everything was cash or check. There are a lot of people who think its unprofessional or even hinky when you don't take credit cards.

We did a lot of research on companies and ended up with Easy Storage Solutions in November 2013. We could not be happier. The CPA is a thing of the past and I am looking forward to doing my own taxes this year. My paper work is down to a few minutes a day and billing day is a few "clicks" away. We no longer spend days trying to get the billing right.

They hooked us up with YapStone, (another great company) for our credit card needs. They are only charging 2%. 30% of our customers have already signed up and its only been a few months!!! I can forsee a time when we wont have to use stamps, stationary...

Easy Storage is a very easy program to run and teach to employees. The guys are always "on call". They stand behind what they say and are very knowledgeable about this program. Nate you rock.

The only down side is we have a graphics business too, and this program has no place to account for it so we are still using peachtree for that, but I have faith that Jimmy and the guys will get that addressed at some point.

As far as Storage Programs go this one is Fantastic. Our business is up 25% and all inside storage is full for the first time in 12 years. I could not be happier. I can now concentrate on sales!!!

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thank you for the review!

Isaiah

Excellent Option for Small Storage Facilities

Reviewed on 1/25/2018

Pros

The User Interface is easy to use with the site map. The functionality brings most of our reporting into one place. They have the best Customer Support I have experienced in any software I have had to use, and the updates to the manager access has made the software much more user friendly. Our tenants have communicated that the love the functionality they have from the tenant portal. The cost makes it feasible for a small facility to implement and manage their facility without costing to much.

Cons

The setup took a little while to get the map laid out properly. some of the functions take a little more of a learning curve than I feel should be expected. Some functions that are available through more expensive solutions are not available, but the cost is much better

• Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Set it and forget it technology

Reviewed on 1/29/2018

Pros

Once set up, the software requires very little effort to keep the site updated and working. Making changes to information is simple, and while we don't use all the functionality, none of the tools we don't use get in the way of using the ones we do use. The support is also fantastic - rarely does it take more than a single 15 minute call or quick email to have our issues resolved.

Cons

I could use a more customizable reporting format instead of using the predefined reports. We often have to merge the data from a couple reports into a single report to create the picture we need, but don't expect they could build reports for every business format, so a simple data export tool that allows user selection would save us a little time. Pretty minor though...

Diana

• Customer Support Software

Best thing I ever did. It makes my life so much easier.

Reviewed on 1/29/2018

I can do thing with this software in minutes that used to take me hours.

Pros

That I get to use it. So much easier than doing it all by hand. They have lots of support when it comes to using the software. Not only do they have a link that takes you to all sorts of questions and answers....but if I can't figure it out, they are so willing to fix it for me.

Cons

When I want to do a promotions....they can't get them by renting online. They have to call to get the promotion manually.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hey Diana, Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate your kind words. We will be rolling out a way to do online promotions in the near future. Great Suggestion!

reg

user friendly, great support

Reviewed on 1/29/2018

easy to organize and control customers

Pros

easy to follow the billing , user friendly, easy for customers to use, fast return of payments good reports

Cons

does not reverse taxes when you credit an account. you cannot call on dates for reports. cannot pick out a number of invoices to pay , if they are not in order.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hey Reg, thank you so much for your review, we appreciate it a ton! most reports have the ability to call back on certain dates, help us know what info you need an we can see if we can figure it out. We also are working on a feature to have the ability to pick out specific invoices to pay. Again thanks for you review we appreciate your feedback!

Chris

• Customer Support Software

Great, affordable software program for small storage units business owner.

Reviewed on 2/23/2017

We started out with 10 storage units, but when we expanded to 50, I knew it was time to get some outside help because Excel just wasn't cutting it. The things we love about this software: 1) our customers have their own accounts, so they can look at their information at any time, 2) our customers can pay online (this has been really helpful for our out-of-town customers), and 3) this software does the invoices for me (which saves me hours of work at the end of the month)!! Also, like that we can update from anywhere: our phone, laptops, tablets, anything with an internet connection. We can see easily which units are available or closed, whereas before someone had to check the Excel file at home. This software is a true blessing, and we are glad we switched over!!

Pros

1) online pay
2) makes invoices automatically
3) texts customers payment reminders
4) easy to access

Cons

I'd like to see an option, with a clear easy tab that show what money is being taken in and what money is being taken out each month. That would make my life easier!

Storage Software

Reviewed on 4/24/2019

It is a good software program and they do up date it several times a year.

Pros

Kept up with my customers storage payments and late fees. Provides me with billing reports lost revenues, availability to let me know of empty storage units, and customers on waiting list. The ability to let customers login to their accounts and rent and pay storage bill online. These are just a few things that this software does for me. It does a lot more.

Cons

Doesn't provide me with age trail balance that I'm used to.

Steve

Very Happy with Easy Storage Solutions

Reviewed on 2/17/2016

Pros

I used to use SiteLink. Good program but costly. A lot of bells and whistles I didn't really use or need. Then I switched to WebSelfStorage. The price was right but I found it difficult to use at times. It wasn't very intuitive and making certain corrections was nightmarish. I wanted to customize certain things but the option didn't exist. WSS only works well on Internet Explorer with a fairly long list of settings that had to be configured to make it work properly. Easy Storage Solutions works with any browser. Customer service was good and helpful but there were times when I felt I had to jump through too many hoops to accomplish the desired task. With Easy Storage Solutions, I find it much easier to accomplish tasks. Correcting mistakes and tailoring certain workings are much easier and more straight forward. I opted for a mobile-friendly website and now tenants can use their phone to manage their account and I can do anything on my phone that I can do on my desktop in the office. So far, I find it simple and easy enough to do everything I need to do to run the business. The learning curve has been very short compared to the previous systems I've used. Their customer service is excellent. I'm extremely satisfied with Easy Storage Solutions. In a nutshell, what I like best about Easy Storage Solutions: easy to use, works on any mobile device, great value, excellent customer service.

Cons

I haven't run into anything that doesn't meet my liking.