Jolt

The Complete Digital Food Safety & Restaurant Ops Platform

4.7 /5 (250 reviews) Write a Review!

Michael S.

• Customer Support Software

Great software for scheduling, food & beverage companies

Reviewed on 2019-11-11

I have cut my time that is spent making the schedule down from the previous program I used.

Pros

I have the ability to schedule as many positions to multiple employees for our Renaissance faire food and beverage staff..this is crucial when I need to have an employee work in multiple locations through out the day.

Cons

I am unable to send the schedule to just a select employee or employees. Currently I have to send it to the entire staff.

• Customer Support Software

Great product that I couldn't do without

Reviewed on 2020-06-17

I use Jolt for both of my QSR's and it takes care of all the scheduling from week to week. It also does all the checklist that the employees do when they get there or in the middle of their shifts or at closing time. We use it to handle all the communications between leadership and staff and finally it continually monitors temperatures around the store.

Pros

Scheduling- Employees can request off or put unavailable times in Jolt and when you make the schedule it is on the schedule in yellow so you can try to schedule around them.

Cons

Communication- If you do not use their time card feature there isn't a good way to tell the staff things without sending a text or email. And if you want them to see something you can't attach an image

Alejandro H.

• Customer Support Software

Very helpful on a daily basis

Reviewed on 2018-05-14

Pros

The LISTS part of the software is so useful for everyday activities that need to be completed at work

Cons

If you are a "sub-user"you cannot edit nor propose an edit of a superior user-created list or content file

Jake P.

JOLT is the best!

Reviewed on 2020-09-17

Pros

The best part about Jolt is how easy it is to use.

Cons

There are no cons, it's a great software and they will do well in the future!

Marie W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A New Era for Business

Reviewed on 2016-08-31

I use Jolt for the Food Industry. It is straight forward and easy to use. I publish my schedule, manage requests, set lists, and manage people. I am also able to send announcements and track my labor goals. I use it daily and it has become my main use for most things.

Pros

I love how easy it is to pick up on. I was capable of teaching myself with ease. I love the schedule and how employees can create a prefered avaiability as well as request off and swap shifts with others at my approval. It informs me immediately when someone makes a request, and I am able to set it so employees have to give x days prior notice for their request as well as a reason. I also enjoy the variety of options I have for creating my checklists. They can be as thorough as I want and notify me when I want. My employees also find Jolt easy to use. Most of them figure it out on there own and have had no problems using it. I also use their Jolt printer system, which is extremely useful and honestly could not have been created any better. The stickers do not leave residue! The support is also great. Theyre always open to ideas and tend to be very fast pace when assisting you. I love how willing they are to expand in new features/ideas. There are many other benefits to Jolt, but I have listed the big ones I discovered using.

Cons

My one con is the text notifications recieved from Jolt. You can set so that is a checklist is overdue, out of range, etc, you can be notified via text. This is a great thing; however, the texts can be overwhelming in the sense of how it is formated. It could be because I own an Android and not an Apple device (which is what I understand it is mainly used with), but my text notifications get broken up instead of being all in one. I have seen my co worker use her iphone with it, and her notifications are all in one. With that said, I have noticed they have been improving it.

Caprinia A.

Great Tool!

Reviewed on 2017-02-16

We have been using Jolt in our restaurant for about a month. The setup took a little bit of time, but once that was complete, the use of it is great! I love how modular it is. Even within the same company there can be little differences between locations. This software realizes that. The options available make it functional for any paper list, form, etc. Not to mention that every action is time/date stamped! It is great to know when things are actually getting done.

I also really appreciate the "real-time" view that I have into my operations even when I am not physically there given the push notifications and range alerts that I have set up. We have been able to mitigate a few situations that weren't being highlighted given our previous methods of data collection and were being overlooked.

The price is right where I would expect it to be. The value is great for the product, service, and online information.

Pros

I like that this helps eliminate the paper in the store and requiring the manager's to "proof" every little part when they are busy managing the shift. Time-stamps are wonderful. The modular ability of being able to build what you need is great. Setting up pushes for the lists and forms at specific times is a great tool to help keep the team on track daily. I appreciate the notifications that I can create for any form. We haven't yet utilized the point system, but our team is excited to use it in contests. I anticipate it will be a great motivational tool.

Cons

The build-out for getting it functional was time consuming. I did not have any templates to work from. If I had those, it would have been much more streamlined, but would still require an investment of time.

Danielle M.

• Customer Support Software

Love it for our food trucks & catering operations

Reviewed on 2017-03-21

We use Jolt to manage the operations for our food trucks and catering services. Since we are totally mobile and often have many events occurring simultaneously, the Lists feature allows for greater oversight and accountability when it's impossible to be everywhere at one time.

Jolt has greatly improved the communication between everyone in our team by utilizing the Announcements features. I love that information can be instantly sent out to our staff, we can verify that they read the information, and, most importantly, that they understand the information by requiring quick quizzes based on the topics covered.

Moving away from traditional pen and paper checklists and cumbersome communications binders has been overwhelmingly embraced by everyone.

We have also seen a reduction in our food waste by utilizing the Date Code Labels. Marking our food items with a clearly readable expiration date has greatly improved our "first in, first out" practices. Additionally, stamping each prepped item with the name of the staff member who prepared it has forced greater accountability that all food items are prepared correctly (and allows management to address individually anyone who needs re-training on preparing a specific item).

Lastly, I can't say enough good things about Jolt support. They are extremely responsive and helpful when questions arise, and the application is constantly improving with new features added based on customer requests and feedback.

We have used Jolt for a little over a year now, and I wish we had started using it years ago!

Jon C.

Jolt is a NO BRAINER for serious restaurateurs

Reviewed on 2017-03-02

Before Jolt we were using those ancient relics known as paper checklists. Accountability for completing those checklists was a constant battle. We were literally throwing money in the trash when checklist items were missed or ignored. NOT ANYMORE. Not only does Jolt provide superb accountability and reduce pencil-whipping to a bare minimum. The team members love it! Nobody wants to work in a restaurant that's living in the past with outdated paper checklists. Their are too many great features within Jolt to rave about every single one of them. (and they constantly add new features and functionality.) But I can tell you that we save WAY more money than the minimal cost of this program. Productivity is up, accountability is up, cleanliness is up, morale is up and profits are up! The product date labeling feature in Jolt is worth the cost on its own. Do yourself a favor and take the time for a demo on the program and see for yourself. If you aren't on Jolt, chances are your competitors are and you do NOT want them to have this competitive over you. I just can't say enough about how much I love Jolt!

Pros

The ability to measure our success or failure and the ability to hold people accountable down to the minute and second an item was completed.

Cons

You will "nerd out" and want to do nothing but write Jolt checklists all day long.

Denise G.

• Customer Support Software

Not quite perfect but support is excellent and they take on board suggestions for changes

Reviewed on 2018-01-05

Pros

The scheduling side is excellent. Easy to use from both our employees point of view and payroll. Great record keeping.
The list creation is sometimes a little confusing but support is always quick to respond and very helpful. The lists are a great tool for staff and we have found that being able to adjust them as needed to get the best result from the staff members actually responsible for completing the lists is pretty easy. We supply and sell food onsite to our guests which brings with it all sorts of food hygiene expectations from local government and a large amount of record keeping for this. The lists we have developed allow us to complete all requirements on Jolt with easy access when needing to audit the results. All staff find completing them easy. Auditing the correct completion of the lists by staff is also simple. This leads to higher compliance and can also be used as a performance tool with staff management.

Ben O.

Jolt your business

Reviewed on 2017-04-03

I have been using Jolt for around 3 years. I have also encouraged many other to use the product in operating their Quick Service restaurants as I feel it is an amazing operational tool.

Prior to using Jolt I was creating my own intranet to manage tasks, projects, employee details, etc.

Jolt could fulfill all of these requirements and ran on IOS making hardware implementation simple.

I have seen the feature set grow over the years and am confident the product will continue to evolve.

Pros

IOS (although would be nice to have it run on Android too,) great at tasks / list management.

Cons

Bad UX design both on client and web / back end. Communications (announcements) requires time clock use (i have submitted this several times). Cannot assign tasks to security groups (only allows individuals), reporting on client is rough. A bit better on backend, but still challenging,.

Cade V.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A Step Above the Rest

Reviewed on 2017-01-15

To start off, Jolt has become a major part of our daily operations since we decided to partner with them. From the extensive amount of checklists, to the sheer number of daily users, Jolt has been able to deliver a user friendly and efficient experience to our staff. Support from the Jolt team is amazing, as they help guide you through your initial training and ongoing training as you continue to learn the functionality of their system. You will be amazed at how many applications you can now use Jolt for. They are truly with you every step of the way. If you are in search of an operations software platform, you have found your answer! Jolt is perfect for the job! We have been able to operate with increased safety and our park leadership has been able to more effectively and efficiently perform their duties.

Pros

The user interface is very user friendly. We are able to adapt almost any tool from Jolt and find a way to apply it into our current procedures. They staff has become more efficient at their duties, and we know that the feedback provided is secure and accurate.

Cons

Nothing!

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Jolt Employee Task Management Review

Reviewed on 2018-08-15

Jolt has solved problems with productivity and food safety. It is simple to label products and improve our stores efficiency with daily checklists that the team has to complete.

Pros

Jolt's label maker feature has changed the culture of our restaurant from a time consuming and not done all the time task of labeling products, to having a quick and efficient way to track our products and who is preparing them. Another benefit is customizable checklists that ensures you don't have to micromanage the business and allows you to put more in your teams hands.

Cons

The scheduling concept is good but difficult to integrate into our current payroll and clock-in system.

Matthew R.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent software to help keep you in control of your business

Reviewed on 2017-05-16

giving me greater control of my teams, helping control our H&S and giving the teams the ability to manage their days better.

Pros

The Jolt software gives you everything you need to manage daily, monthly and ad-hoc tasks for your team and helps your team keep track of what they should be doing. I found the setup to be very easy and straight forward Jolt customer training and online training videos are excellent and make the entire process very easy. Depending on the number of departments you have (we have 5) I would suggest rolling this out to one or two departments at a time and use their feedback to fine-tune it before rolling out to others. I also found it easier to initially set up just a few checklists to get the teams use to them before adding more and I would strongly recommend encouraging team feedback.

Jolt offers very good value for money for a number of features it has and the support is excellent from the Jolt team, we had this up and running within two weeks of signing up. The software is very adaptive and I would say you are only limited by your own imagination on how you use it.

Cons

Not a lot to be honest! I think it would be great to see some more functionality added to the logbook to flag issues to specific people.

Jon S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Jolt: so good it Hurts!

Reviewed on 2017-03-27

Jolt is amazing, I've used it with several companies that I have worked for and it is the only program I CONTINUALLY RECCOMEND! Great program and even better customer service!

Pros

Easy to use, and teach. Does exactly what I want it to, easy upload and great program for restaurant accountability-

Cons

I would like the program to coordinate with square software to track sales and labor through the schedule- that would be amazing.

Michael S.

• Customer Support Software

Finally a way to get stuff done

Reviewed on 2017-03-10

Jolt helps you put accountability back into a check list. Having had opening and closing check list before, Jolt has transformed these into actually getting done. Requiring staff to scan, take pictures, or record certain items has moved us to getting the list completed 100%. It's as if I am there with them to ensure it gets done. This is probably the best product that I have used to ensure our systems are completed 100%, Jolt is worth every penny!

Pros

Accountability of staff, seeing what they are saying they are completing. Getting list done.

Cons

Nothing really, it's a great program and easy to use

Kyle F.

• Customer Support Software

Great labels! Haven't explored other things

Reviewed on 2018-02-02

Pros

Labels are awesome! I honestly don';t have much experience with any of the other features.

However, the labels save time. They are super easy to use. And my team members put labels on everything willingly without grumbling

The customer support has been awesome when I needed printer assistance. They updated the user interface to assist us! Great all around

Marc M.

• Customer Support Software

An excellent Balance of ease and efficiency!

Reviewed on 2016-09-30

Jolt has changed the game for Balance Grille's daily operations. From opening and closing procedures utilizing the "Lists" tab, to posting announcements and keeping recipes and training videos handy in the "Info" section. We also use the "Log Book" by leaving notes/comments in the checklists, opening another channel of communication between staff and management. Jolt has helped us keep employees on task and held accountable for their work in ways that benefit our bottom line and daily proficiency.

Pros

Quick learning curve. Communication and notifications for management.

Cons

Software is still in development, the more we use the more features we want! Scheduling for multiple locations is not where it could be, but they are working on solutions. The reporting could be a bit easier to pull data and comprehend.

Michael W.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

An indispenible part of our service excellence!

Reviewed on 2017-05-24

Less micromanaging. More productive staff.

Pros

This product really helps us optimize our retail staff productivity and remain engaged in their jobs. Task are easy to manage once everything is set up.

Cons

Would love a feature to more easily manage maintenance schedules on a large number customer equipment (ie. rental bikes).

Ashley H.

• Customer Support Software

The Jolt Software has changed the day to day operations of our store for the better!

Reviewed on 2017-06-22

Faster scheduling, easily accessible checklist, bluetooth printer

Pros

It's easy to use with so many options to be able to use at our store. We went from using so much paper to using iPads. Scheduling is so much easier and takes way less time than any other software that I have used.

Cons

Sometimes a little glitchy with both apps and the website. I have had days where the lite app has crashed and we weren't able to find our schedule; however, it was quickly resolved.

Tyler S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Versatile Program!

Reviewed on 2017-03-22

This program has changed the way I evaluate my business. It keeps employees accountable for their work while tracking various audits I do. It was a little daunting at first, but Sarah was there to walk me through the program in its entirety. Multiple follow up calls and questions answered on the fly.

Pros

The versatility of the program. I can customize the reports and lists to my liking. Tracking my employees work and I can keep them accountable without adding payroll hours. The managers love the program as well. Cuts hours off of admin work.

Cons

The time clock function should be able to export the values into an excel sheet that is easier to read. It should also show break times and total hours worked for the day. Making payroll much easier.

Alyssa D.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

JOLT IS AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 2019-08-19

Checklists have been an issue with for us and this platform allows us to not only ensure everything has gotten done but allows us to keep our team members accountable for their performed tasks. Additionally, labels are THE BEST!!! They print in the flash of an eye and we now have pens in our office! Pens would disappear constantly because we would handwrite every label for all our food items. Now we have pens and there is no questioning who prepared an item, when or at what point it expires.

Pros

I love the functionality of the product. You can customize everything! The support team provides templates based on your company - we are with Chick-fil-A so many of the templates that were provided to us were specific to Chick-fil-A based on other stores utilizing JOLT. This made our introduction and implementation of JOLT seamless! Sarah, our training/support/mentor extraordinaire is INCREDIBLE!!!! It took us an unusually long period of time to get to the point we could implement JOLT in our store and she was patient, kind, supportive and overall amazing with every snag, delay and setback we encountered (none of that was JOLT, it was ALL on our end). Once we did get implemented - she was AMAZING in providing training and support!!!

Cons

Thus far, none. Only that we have waited so long to get it implemented!

Chase W.

• Customer Support Software

Great service for a great price!!

Reviewed on 2016-09-22

Using Jolt has been one of the best additions we have made to our business. It has made training new team members 10x easier and faster. We no longer have to micro manage everyone because of their awesome list feature. Because of the list feature we have been able to cut our closing time by 25 mins, so almost in half.

This company is great they are very willing to work with you and make sure you are using the full potential of their software. We have had a wonderful experience especially working with Mike he has been super patient and anytime I have a question I know I can call him and get an answer, which is very reassuring.

We are excited to be apart of such a great company who is going places.

Al N.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent.

Reviewed on 2017-09-17

Jolt helps us get the check list and the job done.

Pros

Jolt does a great job of holding people accountable for completion of a check list. Great companies do the same thing again and again. Jolt helps. Best decision that we have made in the last couple years.

Cons

Works as I want it to. Jolt doesn't work on android tablets but that is no big deal as Ipads can be used.

Sarah P.

Jolt Review

Reviewed on 2016-08-29

Overall working with Jolt has been great. I have noticed a change in our restaurants and the management of the teams within.

Pros

The ability to take pictures within the list to help with coaching.
The Zebra printer is amazing for date coding.

Cons

When a location has poor Wi-Fi it affects Jolt. This isn't a Jolt problem, it is an us problem, but it can be frustrating.

Judy H.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Everything in JOLT works as represented and Customer Service is Awesome

Reviewed on 2018-01-24

It has allowed us to streamline and better document our Quality Control Program and our Safety inspections. We now can be ready and efficient in providing needed information to any state inspections that we have.

Pros

Provides good documentation for our quality control and safety programs. It has extreme customization and it is easy to print out the inspections for the night crew and the users are happy with a program that is quick and easy to use.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about JOLT. It does have a learning curve but the customer service makes that much less painfull. Once you get the idea of how the programs does things it does make sense and is quite easy to follow. I have several people using the program who are very resistant to having to do the checklists and inspections and they even are happy about having a program that makes the process quick and easy.