Alexander O.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

Adequate, but has room for improvement.

Reviewed on 2018-11-02

Overall, it is a passable scheduling tool. Having worked with Deputy previously, I am finding the overall user experience somewhat disappointing.

Since the program is not integrating with our payroll system at this time, I am reviewing it solely on the grounds of it's use as a tool for communicating schedules to my staff, and keeping track of who I have working.

In this respect it is just adequate. If changes to shift dates/times/employees are made on short notice, the available schedule visualizations and inelegant user interface make it more frustrating and time consuming to change or delete a shift than it is worth, and the lack of an effective visual representation of the schedule from the employee side means it isn't used as often as I'd like. I often end up using text messages and email to communicate changes instead.

Their willingness to work with my company's billing (Net 60) is greatly appreciated, and this flexibility should be a major selling point for larger organizations.

Pros

- Cost effective.
- Shiftboard accounts receivable is willing to work with you on billing times.
- Good array of features and tools.
- Very good features for bulk assignments and automated help generating a schedule. (Good for large organizations or new sites needing a schedule generated.)

Cons

- Visualizations available for the calendar leave something to be desired.
- Interface and controls are not the most user friendly I've seen.
- Help documentation and live customer assistance is disappointing or non-existent.
- Glitches and uncooperative UI elements have occurred more often than I'm used to.

Harry M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Web based scheduling calendar

Reviewed on 2018-09-19

Vast improvement over our old system. And I like that different supervisors can change things.

Pros

I like the fact there are multiple platforms to view the program. I can easily check to see when my next shift is from many places. And my supervisor can schedule me and I can schedule myself. It's easily user definable.

Cons

The filters and views don't save. I have to re-filter every time I open the program. I wish the color scheme could be changed. We have a green/red colorblind person who has trouble reading sometimes.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Conveniently Simple

Reviewed on 2018-02-20

Pros

I like the fact that paper is obsolete, people have the information exactly when they need and can request time off from their kitchen table, when their are with their families and don't have to wait until the Human Resource Office opens on Monday Morning.

Cons

I wish I would integrate with a physical time clock that we use at our particular site. I wish it had a dialer function. That would call people with their schedule and record whether the person actually picked up or if it went to voicemail.

Brenda M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

I truly enjoy the software. It makes the self-scheduling process very easy.

Reviewed on 2017-10-16

I am able to schedule myself and view my schedule on the go.

Pros

I love that I am able to see it on the go on the application. I also love that is up to the minute. If an employee modifies their schedule you can see it in real time (after updating.) You are also able to trade shifts without asking anyone.

Cons

I would prefer having an option to remove some of the departments while I am scheduling myself for my department. It would simplify the process and speed it up for me.

Justin J.

• Customer Support Software

Use of Shiftboard in an Academic Setting Provides Ease and Accuracy in Laboratory Scheduling

Reviewed on 2009-07-08

For anyone attempting to organize a large group of people into smaller, more personal groups, Shiftboard is an ideal method of doing so. It's entirely online, easy to use (both from an administrator and a user perspective) and the support staff has always been readily available and receptive to any functional suggestions you may have.

Pros

This website provides a number of distinct advantages for scheduling unique events, lectures and laboratories in the large scale academic environment (500+). Of substantial importance is the ability to provide equal access and availability to events that are constrained by finite resources. Through the creation of distinct "time slots" that LIMIT the number of participants, Shiftboard delivers on this like nothing else I've encountered. By empowering students (i.e. the users) to view event availability as well as requiring them to schedule their own session time, Shiftboard places the assurance of participation directly on the user's shoulders. Likewise, Shiftboard provides near fail-safe mechanisms to ensure participation through automatic reminder and confirmatory emails, as well as the ability to monitor and control all site activity and content.

Cons

If there's one thing I would like to see, it would be the ability to LIMIT the user's capacity to sign up for multiple events that are similar in content type. Thus, should users miss their assigned time rescheduling would require contact with the site administrator.

Patti T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great So Far !

Reviewed on 2016-12-01

I used to use Shiftboard on a daily basis, then my position changed and I used it once a month or so. I will be using it on a daily basis again soon, so I have been getting familiar with it once again. Love how easy it is to maneuver through. More functions than I will use (right now) but good they are there if needed. I called customer service a few times in the past. ALWAYS fast friendly and ready to help in any way. Looking forward to digging back in and trying all of the features!

Pros

Very user-friendly

Cons

I have not found any cons.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Shiftboard for Volunteers

Reviewed on 2019-04-19

Pros

Shiftboard makes it easy for us to schedule our dozens of volunteers, track hours, and ensure shifts are covered. We have over 100 active volunteers and host events nearly every day of the year. We'd never keep track of them all without Shiftboard! Plus, downloading our monthly data for analysis is easy.

Cons

The setup could be cleaner and takes some getting used to.

Andrew B.

• Customer Support Software

I have had a very positive experience with the program.

Reviewed on 2017-10-12

We are able to see all of our sites and appropriately rearrange staff to benefit the entire organization.

Pros

I appreciate the different views that are available. I also like that the support team is willing to work with our organization to make the software better fit our needs.

Cons

There are a few small improvements that I would like to see, such as the ability to click on someone's name and it will take you to their profile and an easier way to switch a staff from one site to another.

Josh A.

Have been using for 2 years and love the flexibility

Reviewed on 2017-10-13

The online schedule with email reminders.

Pros

The online and emailing of shifts . I also like the flexibility of allowing employees access to their schedules

Cons

Wish the time clock feature would be better. Able to tell where someone punched in . Would like more options on the app program

Jane frances M.

• Customer Support Software

It has been easy to use and I have been able to obtain most desired shifts

Reviewed on 2017-10-13

It made it simple to access available shifts without having to go through third parties, plus with it's 2 view (weekly monthly) option is help to spread out my time better without going over the maximum allotted shifts.

Pros

Ease of use, clarity, and color designations to indicate shifts assigned, etc. Particularly the use of color to indicate available and assigned.

Cons

Sometimes when shifts are announced to be posted at a given time, you log on and they are all gone, leaving me to believe that someone has a "back door" entrance that allows them to get on first, or pre-submit desired shifts before they are poste.

Harrel B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Absolutely love it.

Reviewed on 2017-10-20

So easy to sign up for shifts.
It always works and it just great and is fabulous.

Pros

Completely easy and intuitive. Anything that I need to do I can figure out immediately. I never have to look up how to do something.

Dustin C.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

It has made scheduling in college Athletics much easier.

Reviewed on 2017-10-12

Pros

It's easy to see the schedule in a calendar view. It's very simple to add new workers and get them set up in the system. Overall it's been very beneficial overall.

Cons

Creating a full season's schedule in the system can be slightly time consuming. It would be nice if it could more streamlined. This is a small complaint however.

Nick C.
  • Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

We use shiftboard for our call center at UW. So easy to use for our employees and management.

Reviewed on 2017-10-12

The ease of staffing our call center.

Pros

Ease of use for our callers. It allows me to focus more on other projects rather than trying to get our center staffed for shifts.

Jimm S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Priceless and Vital

Reviewed on 2016-11-09

Shiftboard is vital to our organization. We have not found a feature that is missing that have needed. Support is very responsive with how-to questions and assistance. User Interface is very easy to navigate.

Pros

-Completeness of product. This does not feel like a "work in progress" like other platforms do.
-Ease of Use
-Pricing Structure
-Flexibility
-Support

Mia D.

• Customer Support Software

Overall, I have enjoyed using Shiftboard and it has made my job easier.

Reviewed on 2017-10-16

Pros

I like the reporting aspect and the ability to check hours on the fly. I like that you can use shiftboard on your phone and the employees seem to really like that feature.

Cons

I dislike not being able to change breaks in a mass change and that there are no tutorials on how to use the product.

Joann C.

• Customer Support Software

Sending messages on shift board take too long to get a response

Its my work ....

Pros

It's a great program...I think all companies should use this program .not much more I can say about it

Ginnie F.

• Customer Support Software

After learning the available features and how to navigate, it is very helpful and useful.

Reviewed on 2017-10-12

Pros

Many useful features, keeping track of schedules, timecards for payroll purposes, budgeting reports.

Cons

The graphics are not very intuitive, sometimes there is a link to click on, but it is not obvious unless it is known beforehand....such as the line to "entering timecards without shift", it is not obvious that we can click on it to get to the form to enter the timecards. The colors are a bit bland making it difficult to see. No contrasting colors.

Linda K.

• Customer Support Software

My employer made this available to us to schedule our "teams" to work events.

Reviewed on 2017-10-16

Pros

It's easy to post an event, assign those who have signed up. Sending out a broadcast is helpful. Just one problem, see below

Cons

It's difficult to remove someone from the event. I have a hard time editing things that have been already posted. When I send out a broadcast, most of the time I check the box to have it sent to only unassigned employees. It sends it to all my ushers which confuses those that have already been assigned.

Sofia P.

ws 16 volunteer page

Reviewed on 2016-09-08

My experience was great, every time I struggle with something I call support and they help me right away.

Trina M.

• Customer Support Software

We use shift board to allow our agent to chose their hours.

Reviewed on 2017-10-12

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and its easy to teach other how to use it as well. I teach new users each week how to use shift board.

Cons

I would suggest adding a running timer to either the top right or left side of the screen, that way we dont have to stop scheduling to see how many hours we have confirmed. With a running timer it would just showyou that you have already scheduled 30 hours. Just an idea.

Kimberly C.

• Customer Support Software

Shift board has made my scheduling easier to view and plan for.

Reviewed on 2017-10-12

The fact that I can bulk assign jobs and shifts is extremely easy.

Pros

The week by week view and that you can email through it. That makes creating shift very easy to do.

Cons

That my full time employee cannot access shift board to see upcoming shifts. I would like to see a feature that could let full time employees see what they are working

• Industry: Insurance Software

• Customer Support Software

I'm able to see all my events and sort them as needed

Reviewed on 2017-10-13

Pros

The ease of use.. it's self explanatory.. There are several ways to view the calendar, and have a number of options to sort.

Robert M.
  • Industry: Sports

Event Staff Supervisor

Reviewed on 2016-11-08

All my staff say they like Shiftboard a lot better than what we used before (AESOP) keep up the great work you are doing on the program

Pros

The ease of using it

Cons

I have no cons

Sarah L.

• Customer Support Software

helpful in planning a difficult schedule

Reviewed on 2017-10-12

Pros

the overview of everyone schedule is nice to see. That ability to change the schedule easily. The App is user friendly

Cons

Sometimes the app is slow. Other team members would like to see other's schedules in order to find sub...limited access would be nice.

Angela G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great way to schedule

Reviewed on 2016-11-08

This is a great way to schedule shifts needed for any company. Very user friendly and customer support is great.